Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Perspective Truth | SO Populate of Tosste

df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png

Srina Talon Srina Talon Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Her faithful dispersed, and the visage of Darth Ophidia fell to her knees as the spirit of the Lady of Beasts left her. Her fingers curled into the black hair that littered the floor around her, fallen from her head when the spirit of the Tsis'kaar visited her body; it was a worthy sacrifice for the exhilarating sensation of power that now coursed through the young woman.

She finally knew the meaning of perfection, the meaning of Sith.

In extasy, she dug her fingernails into her own face to replicate the tattoos of the Dark Lady who had possessed her.
___

"I do not require procuring, Mrs. Talon."

Darth Ophidia's voice cut the chatter as her slender, silk-draped form appeared in the hall's entrance portal. Her footfalls, previously extinguished by the dark shrouds she wove around herself, were suddenly present as she crossed the threshold. The deep hood that normally obscured her was cast back over her shoulders, giving an unobstructed view of her bald, tattooed crown and scars of battles past.

"And unless you prefer to bellyache over imagined slights, I suggest we get to business."

Her eyes now travelled from one Dark Lord to the other. The sternness of her face faded to a wry hint of a smile as her eyes narrowed over the molten irises.

"Is that not our purpose here?"

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Objective: A Church's Day
Equipment: Lightsaber, Dagger, Armor
Tags: Arette / Drako Drako
zOIcum2.png
He was only slightly surprised when the pale woman caught up with him again, although her little challenge was tempting. Alisteri could definitely out perform most normal people when it came to feats of strength or stamina, but another Force User was another matter entirely. He wisely decided not to push his luck. Not when there was Jedi to be killed anyway. "I suppose I can agree to that, although I must confess that I'm much more accustomed to first come first served rules in battle."

The Knight hurried up the final steps two at a time while the guards were distracted attempting to bring down his flying ally. So long as they were kept busy firing up instead of down at him or any of the crowd then it didn't matter too much. They still had to breach into the enclave itself after all. "Just try not to get yourself shot or stabbed will you? Don't want the Jedi getting too satisfied with their little last stand before they die."

The crowd was hardly dissuaded by the Jedi's command or even the blaster bolts that were soon raining down on them, rather they seemed emboldened as the three Sith began the battle for the enclave. Alisteri peered up at the large stone doors of the enclave as he stopped before them, the crowd having broken out into a sprint to reach the enclave's entrance as well. They didn't want to be left out after all.

"Alright, now how do we get in without walking right into their little hands I wonder?"

Objective: BYOO
Story: A New Weapon

The massive, sprawling spires of metal and glass gleamed in the light of day, dazzling and blinding in equal measures. Speeders flew around and through the buildings, weaving a tapestry of changing colors and shadows that danced across the walkway all around Celina. Hordes of civilians moved along the walkways, both above, below, and across from the one Celina stood on, going about a million different tasks that dominated their lives. Few of them looked up from data pads, or even from the walkway itself, though all were careful to keep a wide berth of Celina. Her black cloak with red trim stood in stark contrast to the brighter colors of the citizenry.

The sights of Jutrand were still breath taking to Celina. For most of her life, she had lived on a small moon outpost. With a population of less than one hundred, Celina had known everyone in the outpost. Back then, she had thought the outpost to be some grand structure, but it was dwarfed by the smallest of the buildings she had seen since coming to Jutrand. Yet despite all of the grandeur of Jutrand, and the power it must certainly of held, it had still fallen to the Sith Order. The might of the Sith was unquestioned on this world, from the soldiers posted at intersections and patrolling the walkways, to the occasional military vehicle flying through traffic. The Sith ruled this world, and their power was absolute. Celina hoped, one day, to embody that power herself, but before she could she had to do something.

Walking around the corner of a walkway, Celina was suddenly confronted with a building that was out of place among the rest of Jutrand. Where other buildings had been built with cold steel and glass, the one Celina saw before he was almost pitch black in color. Rather than sharp angles and simple designs, angular features and richly decorated tapestries hung from the outside of the five story building. It was set into the gap between two large towers, with a walkway of dead plant leading to crimson colored doors bearing the symbol of the Sith Order.

No one walked near the building; it was as if a shield surrounded the structure, preventing anyone from walking too close. It made it easy for Celina to walk down the path and up the steps. As she approached the door, she felt a presence begin to press against her mind. Tendrils of cold, dark energy slithered around her, testing her, searching for something. In anger, Celina reached out for the Force, grasping the Dark Side and preparing to strike out and the being or thing that dared to…

Almost the instant she touched the Force, the presence disappeared. Bells began to toll in the three domes at the top of the black structure, echoing across the street with a out of sync melody. The doors before Celina began to open, seemingly on their own, revealing a cavern of darkness beyond. She hesitated for the briefest of moments before stepping forward, entering the darkness. She heard the doors slam shut behind her, and spun to look as her only route of escape was cut off. She had not let go of the Force, and let it flow through her as she turned in a slow circle.

Welcome, Mistresssssss…”

Arette

A

370d9lz.png

Objective: A Church's Duty
Equipment: Lightsaber, Armorweave Coat
Tags: Drako Drako Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Arette grinned, twirling the crimson jet of plasma in her hands idly, then lazily indicated a few points in the wall with the tip of the beam. The hilt of the blade was a slender cylinder of matte black metal, largely unadorned except for a cloth wrap, a few scuffmarks and a single, shiny, shallowly etched line near one of the emitters. A bit on the short side for what appeared to be a double-bladed saber, too. "Blast the door off its fething hinges," and into the face of whoever's stupid enough to be standing nearby. "And then run as fast as you can through whatever defenses they left here for us. Were you hoping we'd get the drop on them, somehow, at their front door?" The Apprentice paused for a singular half-second, tapping the beam against the narrow space where door met wall. The patch of gray grew to red hot in a second or so, and the young Sith pushed the beam in further in response, her grin growing so wide as to be almost face-splitting. "Lucky. Hit one, I think." She sniffed the air, then nodded. Molten metal - very distinct smell. She cackled, the anticipation rolling off of her almost tactile to her fellow Force Sensitive, then stabbed at another spot, probing with the beam for a half second before...no good. Repeat, a bit lower, and then another laugh as the scent of molten durasteel hit her again.

Arette was, very obviously, not waiting to hear Alisteri's input on her plan.

Inside the temple, once the main door's hinges began to drip molten metal, there was an understandable ruckus. Chatter, yelling, footsteps - some retreating, some approaching. Security personnel, probably, setting up a meager excuse for a kill zone with whoever wasn't dealing with the Uvak and its rider.

Behind Arette and Alisteri, meanwhile, the crowd was advancing. Just as eager for blood as the Sith, it seemed. Good. They'd fit right in.

370d9lz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Objective: 2
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Arette
Equipment: Uvak, Power Lance, Lightsaber Pike, Vibro-knife

Drako peered down from his lofty position to see that the riotous crowd and assumedly the Sith that led them, had breached the wall of the Jedi Enclave. Victory was at hand, or defeat, the true battle would not be at the ramparts but within the fortified interior.

Hask let out another shuddering roar that ended in a lifted sharp note as the Uvak's claws found purchases on the ramparts of the Enclave, and the torso of one of the security members who was pinned to the roof by the weight of the beast. Drako held the power lance at a resting position as his left hand let go of the reins to stretch outward towards the remaining security members "Yield and serve. Or die here." the ultimatum was heeded by a few but not all who lifted their blasters to engage the Sith Knight. Several blue blaster bolts rushed towards the Sith and collided against the dark metal of his personal armor which sizzled with the heat of the plasma. While the bolts made it through several thin layers of durasteel and armorweave they were evidently rendered harmless by the remaining layers "So be it." lightning crackled from between his outstretched digits, capped in claw like ornamentation, and arced towards the security forces. Their cries could be scare be heard from the cacophony of the crowd and the battle that was beginning below.

As the guards who had stood against Drako fell limply to the embattled rooftop of the Enclave their peers had put their hands up in surrender. The guard within the grasp of the Uvak's claws likewise made his intention to surrender known. Drako did not look at the man and instead to address the group of them as Hask released their peer from its grip "You will pledge yourselves to the new regime, in my name, and spare no detail of your honor in being captured at my hands." he spoke with an imperious tone. Ever the Sith, ever attempting to increase his own standing "Yes sir, of course." replied one of the guards who seemed to have taken up the mantle of leadership after the others had been felled. Drako turned his helmet clad visage towards the man with severity "Yes... my lord." he corrected firmly.

"Our prior business will indeed be settled," A brief pause, long enough to quietly regard Lady Talon before continuing, "But in due time."

The Dark Lord walked to His right, stalking across the room like a perched blood-hawk ready to swoop down and tear them limb-from-limb. He struck every inch the image of a warrior-king, iron-clad, and wreathed in an aura of fury and scorn. Beneath His armor His muscles coiled, tightly wound, ready to spring forth at a moment's breath. It was this tension that put the room so on the edge, the invisible clashing of powers from the unseen worlds; Carnifex and Empyrean.

"I did not come here to fruitlessly bandy words, you called the Sith to this world because you desire a semblance of unity. Under the veil of standardization you would closely bind the warlords to a singular vision of industrial development. It is by the magnanimity of Malsheem that our kindred have been allowed to briefly thrive in this isolated corner of the universe, as it has been designed to do so through thine own vision. Let the Great Ark set the standard for all those who would rally beneath the trifold banner, our precarious triarchy."

What Carnifex proposed was clear. If there were to be any form of standardization among the disparate warlord groups, then it should be done in accordance with what He had already built up through Malsheem. The world-craft already had all of the necessary components to rapidly industrialize other worlds on a large scale, the internal factories capable of pumping out every manner of technology known to its databases. It was designed to be the model of self-sufficiency, untethered by supply lines, and capable of operating in deep space indefinitely.

"And then once this handwringing has come to an end, we will speak of the past, Lady Talon. For now, our eyes must remain fixed upon the future." He turned His head slowly looking to empty space before Ophidia suddenly appeared amongst them.

"Our future."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
zOIcum2.png
Alisteri merely raised an eyebrow at the response. It was obvious and simple, the most straightforward way of getting into the enclave and ending the last of the Jedi and planetary defenders within. Of course it was also exactly what their enemy would be expecting, given that most other avenues of entry aside from the roof or blowing a hole into one of the walls would be difficult to accomplish given the crowd of rioters and their limited armaments. It was the best that they had he supposed.

"Flanking and a surprise attack are not the same thing." He muttered under his breath as he looked over the doors, trying to spot any sort of weakness that would make the door crumble in one strike. There was nothing to be gleamed though, at least nothing that could be exploited with blades and blasters at any rate. What he would do for a good tank or walker.

He glanced at Arette as she began stabbing into the door, trying to find the hinges and cut into them to disconnect the door. There really wasn't a better plan given the situation, so he was quick to follow suite. On the other side across from his fellow Sith he began stabbing and carving into the door, melting away at the hinges that kept them from flooding into the enclave.

The crowd was cheering, the screams up above barely even noticed as all eyes focused on their apparent leaders literally carving a path for them. Even as the enclave's defenders readied themselves inside, the rioters were already unified by one simple goal. The enclave would burn.

"Imagined slights?", Empyrean said with a cock of his grey brow.​
"Do not take me for a fool, Darth Ophidia. While you assume me ignorant - I am far more aware of what takes place on my world than you seem to understand. Remember the peace you strived for is a delicate thing - and I will break it if you test me again."​
There was no dangerous harshness to his words, no backing of ethereal energies beyond the scope of sight - he had already contained his strength from his first outburst. All felt now was the weight of words, the standard tool of intelligent life. The message was clear, however, he had eyes and ears in the riots - unbeknownst to her, however, he was the riot.​
He had taken over, dominated thousands of bodies on the planet - his mind spread wildly, vividly, and all encompassing. It was not total, but where his mistakes were made, he made up for them with the eyes of his own sithspawn already spreading havoc on replacing key figures on the world for months. She could not hide her public activities so easily.​
His gaze moved back to Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex ;​
"Please, do not try and push your weight on something so trivial as economic development.", he said, waving the large man off after he handed his drink off to Srina Talon Srina Talon .​
"Being a Sith requires tact, and applying pressure when it is necessary, not when you think to strong arm me on a position I already agree with. I assumed the Butcher-King of Panatha might have a bit more sensitivity to such things, but I can see politics is lost on all of us at times.", he said with a gaze that looked more bored as they continued. A dramatic display to show their own unity against him - he would not be perturbed by it so openly.​
"The reality is, I agreed before you said a word - when the Galaxy knows who we are and where we are, they will not so easily open their trade lanes to our industry. Autarky as you've prescribed may be our only option for the time being - that is why I have already planned strategies for the conquests of Pergitor and Karideph."​
"They can supply us food, industrial capacity not held back by political issue, and a strong leverage on the entire Rimma Trade Route. The issue with Autarky is that it will make us inefficient - for that reason, it needs to be temporary. The trade lane can be leveraged once we have it under our control - but we need to ensure that the Rimward Trade League does not interfere."​
"For this, we being trade talks when convenient - and at worst, military intervention to ensure the mid Rim and Expansion Region can both get Outer Rim goods. Conquest of the Kathol Sector will also allow us more immediate control of unaffiliated Outer Rim trade goods going through the RTL; giving us further leverage in our talks with them at a later date."​
"I will have a full report sent to you both - you need only offer your forces to the plan where I have requested, and we can ensure our stability by the end of the year. Does that suffice, or do you still intend to create political theater?"​

Arette

A

370d9lz.png

Objective: A Church's Duty
Equipment: Lightsaber, Armorweave Coat
Tags: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Drako Drako

Arette didn't wait.

As soon as the second set of hinges on her side of the doorway was done, the young Sith pressed her palm to the door and Pushed.

The sudden burst of motion drew fire from some of the more skittish defenders on the other side. That gave Arette an opening, and she exploited it.

A burst of Force-enhanced Speed got her through the blockade with only a few glancing blaster shots - and those stung to be sure, but the armorweave layered into her coat made sure they didn't do anything more than that.

And so Arette barreled through the wall of meat and bone and armorplas, carving a narrow and efficient path of destruction through the ragged defensive lines this enclave's security forces had put together. She ignored anyone not directly in her way - they were competent enough at what they did, but they still weren't worth her time. Besides, it would've been rude to deny the mob a chance to shed blood.

Once the guns were behind her, the young Apprentice exhaled, boots thumping rapidly against the stone floor as she reached out with the Force.

What Jedi remained?

A scattered array of sickeningly bright spots in the ocean of the Force.
More than enough to go around.

Who was was worth bothering with?

Most of the lights were weak. Embers and sparks, never fed the kindling to grow.
Young, inexperienced - mostly Padawans, if Arette was remembering the term right. Arette felt a pang of something close to admiration. The Jedi would've evacuated most of their students. The ones left must have insisted on staying and fighting. Respectable, but Arette wasn't here to fight children. Who else?

A handful of brighter flames. Strong and stable. One closer than the rest. At peace, and at the ready, surrounded by a sea of knowledge.

Arette grinned as she settled on her target, and trusted Force-blessed intuition to guide her through the unfamiliar enclave.

370d9lz.png

Jedi Knight and Enclave Archivist Bann Ghiskera was, overall, happy with his life. He'd had Forty-Seven years of it, most of them peaceful and surrounded by friends and family.

He'd been a bit of a nomad for most of his life - that wasn't uncommon, given how prone to sudden regime change chunks of the Galaxy tended to be these days. A traveling mechanic and a consummate bookworm, he'd also always known he'd had a bit of a knack for the Force, but the Jedi hadn't interested him until he hit his thirties, and his days as a young, strapping Rodian man were starting to leave him behind.

He still didn't know why, to be honest. Maybe he'd seen enough injustice in the Galaxy. Maybe he wanted to make a difference. Hell, maybe he'd just finally gotten fed up with having to move around so much, just wanted stability.

Whatever his reasons, the Jedi'd taken him in, and for that he was still grateful. They'd taught him a lot, after all. Patience. Humility. A deep, earnest compassion for all living things. And, of course, how to move things with his mind and fight with a lightsaber. Less spiritually signifcant, perhaps, but no less rewarding in their own ways.

His latest position as the Jutrand Enclave's archivist had given him access to more knowledge than most sapients would get to experience in two lifetimes, let alone one. He'd lived a good life. He had no regrets.

He made sure to remind himself of that as the door to his archive splintered into a thousand pieces.

The Rodian sighed - like he was more concerned about having to clean up this mess than the impending violence - and rose to his feet. The invader, at least, seemed to have the decency to allow him that.

370d9lz.png

"You look so young, to be a killer."

Her prey's voice was soft. Deeper than she'd expected from a Rodian, too. Maybe it was the age.

A small part of Arette - a part of her that she'd mostly learned to ignore when it was convenient - told her that it reminder her of her father, reading her stories late at night. Kind. Caring. Gentle.

Feth that.

Her father was a killer. Her mother, too. It ran in the family. And here she was, on the cusp of her first real kill.

Excitement. Anticipation. Bloodlust. They flowed through Arette like a drug, drowning the spark of guilt in her heart before it had a chance to find fuel.

"Always was an overachiever." The Apprentice grinned, corpselike and malicious, while sulfur filled her eyes. A decade of training for this moment. This wasn't just what she had prepared for. This was what she had been broken down and remade for. No hesitation. No remorse.

Arette lunged.

370d9lz.png
The duel was on.

Bann sidestepped Arette's opening play with the efficiency of a Soresu master, and countered by telekinetically launching her into a nearby bookshelf. Arette, for her part, responded by cackling, and continued doing so until the fight was finished.

The Jedi brought his lightsaber to bear in a method that was almost mechanical. His movements were stiff, rigid, and stacatto. There was no joy or artistry to his combat, only a grim determination to preserve his home. He was an unyielding wall, upon which he intended to break the Sith invading his home. The Sith, meanwhile, was feral and fluid. She was constantly moving, attempting to flank the Jedi or capitalize on a weakness in his defensive wall - even in the rare moments she stood still, her body twitched with excitement - and she was never so crass as to simply block an incoming strike. Her defense was in deflection, parrying, sidestepping, and in keeping her foe on the defensive himself.

And yet they were oddly complementary. Both seemed to favor speed over raw power. Both moved efficiently, exerting only as much strength as was judged necessary, and rarely with any unnecessary flourish. And both seemed keen to bring the might of the Force to bare.

The first hit Arette landed was a punch. She struck high, forcing her enemy to raise his saber high to defend himself. The only correct move, obviously, but one that was punished nonetheless. With a split-second burst of Force enhanced speed, Arette landed a blow to the Rodian's chest, discharging a jolt of lightning as knuckle met ribcage. She paid for it seconds later, when a telekinetic blast knocked her off balance long enough for a saber thrust to leave a hole clean through her left leg.

A cracked rib and seared flesh on one hand, a crippled leg on the other.

The fight slowed, then. It wouldn't have been fair to either combatant to say they got sloppy; both had over a decade of training for high-stress situations under their belts. But adrenaline and pain have certain biological effects on everyone, no matter how skilled they are. The Jedi's blocks and deflections became a fraction wider than they needed to be. Arette's sidesteps and encircling maneuvers became less economical, as she leaned on the Force to propel her in place of her crippled leg.

That lack of control would, almost, be Arette's downfall.

Bann Ghiskera executed the killing blow without artistry, but with admirable skill. The Sith was injured and at the height of bloodlust. One or the other, she might have been able to control herself. But with both pain and madness to contend with, Bann reckoned that he could outmaneuver her.

He let her come to him. She'd disengaged a second earlier, catching her breath. And, as predicted, when she re-entered the fight, she threw herself in recklessly.

He muttered an apology as he centered himself, blocking out the pain of his wounds, and disengaged his lightsaber. Perhaps too eager for the kill, the Sith took the bait, rushing towards the Jedi with superhuman speed.

He simply stepped to the side.

The lightsaber passed a few centimeters from his face. She'd predicted his evasion, and almost, almost got him.

His lightsaber roared back to life, and the beam seared through the young woman's midsection. He'd missed her spine, intentionally - she was young, after all. A few years in containment, with therapy, might help her overcome whatever dragged her to the dark side.

Arette let out a wheeze of pain. Kidney? Yeah. Bit of intestine, too, probably. Her hands started to shake, and so did her legs. She could probably keep herself standing, if she wanted to, but fight?

No.

She was done. No more fighting for her. Not today.

She let out another laugh, staring down as the bright green beam in her torso began to recede back into its housing. "Almost got me." A bit of blood dribbled from her mouth as she spoke. The Rodian made a curious noise. He probably would've followed it up with a question, too, if the lower emitter in Arette's saber staff hadn't flared to life and bisected him.

Still shaking, the young Sith knelt down beside the soon-to-be-corpse of her fallen foe. Lucky for him, it looked like he'd passed out from shock. More blood dribbled from the Sith's mouth, dripping down onto the unresponsive face of the Jedi. Fumbling fingers narrowed the beam of her saberstaff.

Arette smiled. She did love this shade of crimson.

"You fought," a small cough interrupted her, "damn fething well, Jidai. For felling you in combat, by wit and by blade, I name myself Knight. And if the rest of the Force-Damned Order has anything to say about it, they'll take it up with my blade."

Moments later, a tall, lanky figure crashed through a stained-glassteel window on the Enclave's second story, with both a new lightsaber and the severed head of a Rodian strapped to her belt.

370d9lz.png

Last edited by a moderator:

testing3.gif

| J U T R A N D |
| BALCONY|

Tag: Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

"How…Reductive."

From her distant position near the open balcony doors, she felt the presence of Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia just as easily as the might of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex blaze into existence with the scintillating pull of a black hole. Having all three members of the Triumviri in the same room caused something as close to a disturbance as she had ever known. Existing within reach of a trinary star-system where all celestial bodies seemed dead set on inviting a decaying orbit toward one another.

She might have responded further considering the questionable usage of "Mrs. Talon" but chose her usual stance of observation. Srina thought to speak to Carnifex out of a proven sense of mutual respect. She had never gone back on her word when serving the Southern Systems—And the veritable juggernaut had never done so while hailed as the Emperor of the Sith Empire. At his light acceptance of her words, she murmured a soft, "…As you wish…", that was likely lost in the immediate shuffle.

Srina didn't mind.

Some Sith took immediate offense to being dismissed or overlooked. The pale Echani, did not. It happened for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, because she was a woman. Sometimes because she was of Eshan. For being slight of frame, for lacking grand ambition, or even, because she still referred to her mentor as Master—despite having long since surpassed the need for constant tutelage. She was keen to recall that there was always some larger prehistoric fish to contend with in their potentially small pools. Others, were often quite surprised to realize that she was that creature.

The flaxen-haired Sith preferred it that way. Her reputation oft preceded her—But there was no substitution so fortuitous as being underestimated. Remaining largely, unseen. When Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean reached toward her with his glass, she let thin fingers extend to accept it. It would sway with a light float through the air. Rather than guide it to her hand she merely liberated him of the burden and set it back on the circular table.

Srina acted out of instinct. He required—She met the need. Even something so trivial as taking a drink so that he might address his peers. The dialogue from Empyrean held the emotional capacity of a teaspoon, though, the less than subtle threat he opened with was a pretty obvious marker. There might not have been any harshness to the tone, nor, power in his words…But she knew better.

Her husband was…Unamused.

The silvery woman quietly willed him to have patience. Her thumb crossed her palm and moved over the golden ring that aided in the steadfast bond between them and Srina let him feel the cooling wave of her being. Silent, but effective. For the moment, each member of the room seemed to need the other lest they desired open war over the success of their Order. Did they not realize how easily they could have it all? How simply, they could sweep through the galaxy while the eyes of the Light were turned hand over fist toward the Eastern reaches?

The Galactic Alliance, the Silver Jedi, the bastions of hope and peace were all embroiled in world-ending duels with the Maw. Or—A cold war that was no longer cold with the former New Imperial Order. They were distracted. It was the perfect time to move. To seize the most valuable of resources while the watchtowers were occupied with burning one another down. People.

This Order had one benefit that her beloved Southern Systems had never held.

An inability to hide behind small mercies.

If only they might see it.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
zOIcum2.png
Burning through the hinges didn't take near as long as he had expected, typical Jedi craftsmanship. At least it didn't if the way that his fellow Sith had pushed down the large door had anything to say about it. With her leaping into the fray and the crowd behind him baying for blood Alisteri didn't waste much time himself. He focused his mind and reached out with the Force, slamming all his power against the door as he heard the rioters begin their charge towards the entrance.

The Sith Knight didn't give the door time to fall, instead as it began to tip he pounced onto it and began a sprint when it had gotten angled enough for him to do so, catapulting himself right into the defenders at the initial barricades. Soldiers fell at his feet as he landed with wild and brutal strikes, carving into all that surrounded him as the crowd began to pour into the enclave.

He had no idea where Arette had gotten off to but there was still a battle to be won and he had plenty of soldiers to slay before he could wonder what his fellow Sith had busied herself with. As the defenders were swarmed by the eager and bloodthirsty mob Alisteri kept carving into their midst in order to draw as much fire as he could away from the crowd. The adrenaline made whatever bolts that singed through his armor barely noticeable as he cleaved another soldier in two.

And then he heard the hiss of a lightsaber coming at him. With a quick sidestep he narrowly avoided what would have otherwise been a decapitation, a young Jedi armed with a green blade looking up at him with both fear and determination. The Sith didn't hesitate. Before the padawan could raise up his weapon to defend himself Alisteri's arm shot out and wrapped a hand around the boy's neck. With a loud snap the padawan fell limp to the floor, his lightsaber rolling away as Alisteri looked up to see an entire group of other young Jedi starting to charge into the fray against him and the mob.

Were it any other time, he would have considered sparing them. Give them a second chance as a Sith, to follow the true path of the Force. But orders were orders and his were clear. Leave nothing of the Jedi. With a yell, lightning crackling in his free hand and the crowd starting to break away to follow him against the Jedi, Alisteri sprinted forward with his lightsaber at the ready.

Darth Ophidia could tell she had touched some nerves. Her words and actions had pressed the alliance and tested both their limits and resolve. It was all necessary should they thrive when the weight of the galaxy truly came down upon them. Death had told her much, and she would protect the Sith from their downfall.

Her transgressions also told her much about the capabilities of Empyrean. She knew much about his previous forms, and she had gathered much intel on the Worm Emperor, but their amalgamation had created many questions. Questions it seemed Empyrean answered in his anger.

She kept a wry smile as he went on his triage.

"I expect nothing less."

Karidepth and Pergitor, the Rimward Trade League, they were already touched by the corruption of the Sith. And even with their expansion into the vicinity of the Eternal Empire, it would seem they had not risen to a counterattack. The strength of their combined forces was growing, and old bridges were already being replaced with new ones according to plan.

Weapons, medicine, food and capital would fall into the hands of the Sith

"If our goal is to strong-arm our way into markets, then we should also lay plans to seize the intersection of the Hydian Way and the Corellian Trade Spine." "In due time, of course."

"Your obeisance is noted. We are in accord then."

Truthfully, the Dark Lord only sought to prod and push to see where the boundaries of this tenuous alliance were, and how strongly they held. All of them understood that it could not last, it was an inevitability. The only variables were how and when. They played an extremely delicate game, balancing their own egos against one another, feinting, maneuvering, and striking quickly and cleanly. For now, their ire was turned against the enemy, those that stood in their way, but they always carried a dagger up the sleeve for when the opportunity came.

Carnifex had a blade prepared for that exact moment, one imbued with drops of blood collected from those it was designed to one day kill. It was fastened to His belt at this very moment, quiet and hungry. The blade was deliberately made to be triangular, so that the wound it inflicted were altogether more horrific than those inflicted by a common double-edged blade; and more difficult to tend to as well. It was a weapon entirely focused around the desire for vengeance that burned within the Dark Lord's heart. Idly did His hand fall upon its pommel, caressing it as one would caress a lover.

"Seizing sections of the Hydian and the Trade Spine will require great care, our enemies will be watching the high traffic lanes. The suffering of meager curs will not arouse the great powers, only the Jedi, but the disruption of trade will incense all. I trust you have a plan?"

"A gamble, more than a plan - but they're barely differentiated.", he said with a wave of his hand.​
"The Galaxy is embroiled in a new conflict - between the Maw spreading its forces too thin and attempting to bandy attention from everyone it declared its enemies, to the Alliance coming to conflict with the Imperials. The Jedi are mostly preoccupied with these conflicts - or otherwise stagnating trying to keep their coalitions together. The only threat I see, is the Mandalorians."​
"Given the rest are too busy - I have a solution to the Mandalorian problem. I've set up a meeting with the Hutts to discuss military strikes on the Enclave's space. The mutual destruction of our old enemy would benefit us both; so it seems only natural we align with them."​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom