Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Passion - Quintessa's Lightsaber Chakram (I)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i6ELHTr.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Non-Dimetris and Redundant Circuitry - Utilizes non-dimetris and redundant circuitry in the activation loop that renders the lightsaber chakram highly-resistant to the deleterious effects of cortosis.
  • Blood Attunement - Passion is attuned to Quintessa, making it difficult—but not impossible—for hostile Force-Sensitives to maintain active control over the chakram via telekinetic powers and potentially turning the weapon against her.
  • Remote Shutoff - As a safety feature, the Passion can be turned off remotely by Quintessa, via neural command.
  • Bifurcating Cyclical-Ignition Pulse - Capable of underwater operation
  • Blade Power Adjustment System - Power adjustment system allows the wielder to adjust to power of the blade.
  • Trapped Grip - Allows only the designated wielder and anyone she permits to activate and wield the lightsaber chakram. The hilt will discharge a potent electrical energy field in the event that the weapon is handled by an unauthorized agent, with the potential to cause severe burn injuries to the victim.
  • Aerodynamic Frame - An ultralight, aerodynamic frame optimizes Passion for throwing, which is the primary method through which the weapon is used.
  • Miniaturized Repulsorlift Engine - The lightsaber chakram has a miniaturized repulsorlift engine capable of supporting independent flight. The weapon can be remotely controlled by Quintessa through a bio-hexacrypted, wireless connection, via neural command.
  • Gyroscopic Stabilizer - The lightsaber chakram has an integrated gyroscopic stabilizer, which improves its stability in flight, ensuring that the blade stays aligned with the target.
  • Ossus Dueling Lens - Produces a very narrow, focused blade optimized for exploiting weak points in armor.
  • Incineration Crystal - The primary crystal within Passion, the incineration crystal produces an incendiary, explosive effect upon impact, capable of setting targets alight.
  • Ghostfire Crystal - Installed as a secondary crystal, the ghostfire crystal in Passion makes the weapon almost completely silent and produces illusory afterimages around the weapon.
STRENGTHS
  • Resilience - The use of redundant non-dimetris circuitry in the activation loops makes Passion highly resistant to the deleterious effects of cortosis. The chakram is also capable of operating underwater. In addition, a Fyrirdögun casing gives the weapon a strong resistance to hilt strikes.
  • Slip Through - Passion ignites a very narrow, focused blade, which is ideal for exploiting gaps in armor.
  • Low Profile - The Taozin integrated into the construction of Passion has the capability to blur or cloud the senses of a Force wielder to varying degrees, potentially hindering the effectiveness of battle precognition, danger sense, and similar abilities as pertaining to weapon and its wielder. In addition, the ghostfire crystal serves to make the chakram almost completely silent and produces blurred, illusory afterimages around the weapon, potentially making it difficult for an opponent to track.
  • Fire Blade - Owing to a power system capable of maintaining an extreme energy output, Passion projects a fiery, powerful blade that maintains stupendous cutting capability, allowing the weapon to cut through conventional materials much faster than a typical lightsaber. The explosive, incendiary effects of the incineration crystal add an additional destructive punch.
  • Bound - Quintessa has attuned herself to Passion. As such, hostile Force-sensitives may find it difficult maintain active control of the weapon via telekinetics or derivative powers.
WEAKNESSES
  • Defensive Force Powers - While the chakrams' attunement to Quintessa makes it difficult for enemy Force-sensitives to maintain active control over the weapons via telekinetic powers and turning them against her, they can be repelled through abilities such as Force Push, Blast, Wave, Repulse, Barrier, or similar defensive Force powers.
  • Melee - While still lethal in melee, chakrams are ultimately suboptimal compared to a traditional lightsaber or vibroblade, due to a lack of reach.
  • Breach - The incorporation of the HAPU provides significant boons to cutting power. However, should the miniaturized reactor system be breached, there could be catastrophic results that will destroy the weapon.
  • No Fly Zone - Repulsorlift jammers are one of the most effective counters to Passion's flight capabilities. They can negate the fields generated by the repulsorlift engine and subsequently slow down or even ground the chakram to varying degrees of effectiveness depending on a number of factors pertaining to the repulsorlift jammer in question, including power quotient, distance, intensity, and yet more.
  • Overload - Depending on the vicinity and power quotient, EMP and Ionite discharges could overload the lightsaber chakrams' electronic components, disabling their repulsorlifts and potentially other important functions as well. A particular powerful discharge may even shut off the blade entirely.
DESCRIPTION
Passion was birthed within the fiery volcanic caves of Evaar'la Yaim, its creation made possible after Quintessa slew Darth Manius in single combat. With the defeat of the hulking Sith Juggernaut who otherwise might have prevented her from exploring the caves, Quintessa claimed a stock of Incineration crystals, Firkrann crystals, and Ghostfire crystals. An Incineration crystal and Ghostfire crystal would eventually go into the creation of Passion, Quintessa's first lightsaber created largely by her own hands, albeit with some assistance lent by the artificers of the Kainate Sith Kabal. It was during this process that Quintessa first bled her own crystals, bending them to her will and attuning them to her presence.

Rather than constructing a traditional lightsaber, Quintessa modeled Passion after her chakrams, in regards to form and function. Optimized for throwing, Passion is an expression of Quintessa's preference for ranged attack. Via its hot, fiery blade, Passion is designed to bathe the enemies of the Eclipsing Mission in a purifying conflagration.

The fires of Passion.
SUBMISSION MODIFCATION RECORD
July 27, 2023:

• Expanded listed features of Ghostfire Crystal - Added Illusory Afterimages

Last edited:
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

Thank makes sense. How are you accounting for the energy discharge when two lightsabers meet?

While this is the main issue I wished to raise there are a few more that I'll list out for you.

1) Non-Dimetris and Redundant Circuitry

What is this? A canon technology? Or a Chaos tech? Please provide a link to Wookiepedia or a chaos submission.​

2) Bleeding

Blood Attunement - Passion is not only attuned to Quintessa, but it is also bent to her will via bleeding, making it difficult for hostile Force-Sensitives to maintain active control over the chakram via telekinetic powers and potentially turning the weapon against her.

Do you have a canon precedent for bleeding to provide the effect you're attributing to it? Having read the article it just appears to be designed to create the crimson blade colour, not to prevent anyone else from manipulating the blade.​

3) Emergency Shut-off

How does it register it's not in your control anymore?​

4) Taozin

Just to confirm, the hilt as leather/skin inlaid into it? Is this a weak spot in the armour? Does the blurring effect of the leather also affect the blade's wielder?​

5) Fire Blade

Please link your canon basis for an incineration crystal to be able to slice through the indestructible materials such as Beskar, Aged Wintirum and Phrik​

Thank makes sense. How are you accounting for the energy discharge when two lightsabers meet?
I don't know. I guess you could say it's one blade that is projected from two emitters or it could be two blades that meet, but frankly I don't know how a regular single-bladed lightsaber works to begin with other than the magnetic field and plasma stuff, so I really couldn't tell you how this works either. That said, with one exception, I used blade in the singular form while writing the submission, but I didn't exactly plan that out. It just kind of happened. At the end of the day it's just creative liberty and because I wanted it.
2) Bleeding

Do you have a canon precedent for bleeding to provide the effect you're attributing to it? Having read the article it just appears to be designed to create the crimson blade colour, not to prevent anyone else from manipulating the blade.
I guess the article mentions that it uses "the dark side of the force to bend a kyber crystal to their will". That made sense for the feature I was going for with this, so I went with that.
3) Emergency Shut-off

How does it register it's not in your control anymore?
Motion sensors and the genetic code system. I added the former under materials (the latter was already present).
4) Taozin

Just to confirm, the hilt as leather/skin inlaid into it? Is this a weak spot in the armour? Does the blurring effect of the leather also affect the blade's wielder?
I looked up what "inlaid" meant and tbh that probably wasn't the right word. I changed it to "Integrated Taozin" and specified that it's placed inside the hilt.
1) Non-Dimetris and Redundant Circuitry

What is this? A canon technology? Or a Chaos tech? Please provide a link to Wookiepedia or a chaos submission.
I added redundant circuitry because it made more sense but the specific quote addressing it is here.
5) Fire Blade

Please link your canon basis for an incineration crystal to be able to slice through the indestructible materials such as Beskar, Aged Wintirum and Phrik
The Incineration Crystal was mainly for flavor and aesthetic. I could remove it if you want, but the cutting power comes more from the lightsaber having a high-output power system and projecting a hotter blade.

John Locke John Locke

Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

A lightsaber is probably the least efficient way to do this compared to plasma filaments or projectors on a solid core but I'm willing to accept the idea that a magnetic field is constructed between two emitters and filled with plasma.

Bleeding

There is a difference between bending a crystal to their will, which from the article means taking the normally light-sided crystals and turning them to the darkside and preventing other people from affecting it. That's not something supported by canon so please remove it from the submission.

Emergency Shut off

As this blade is primarily meant to be thrown and manipulated in the air, how does the system know if you're the one controlling it, or someone else is when it's in the air?

Taozin

Like a liner or insulation, that make sense, however, how does it affect your control of the blade through the force?

Non-dimetris circuits

A search of wookiepedia failed to turn up any mention of a non dimetris circuit, something that I would expect the Jedi and the Sith to have used during the age when cortosis was used. The only mentions appear to be on chaos. I'm going to let this pass.

Cutting through Resistant Materials

Can you provide any kind of canon basis for this? These materials are effectively indestructible for a reason, I don't mind about the aesthetics of the crystal, it's a nice touch, however I'm not inclined to allow a blade that can cut through generally resistant materials through the factory.

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: FAE/M-04 "Silri" Energized Razor Whip
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/fae-m-04-"silri"-energized-razor-whip.175837/
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Add a detail/feature

Submission Name: Passion - Quintessa's Lightsaber Chakram (I)
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/passion-quintessas-lightsaber-chakram-i.175189/
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Expand features of one of the crystals

Submission Name: Prejudice - Quintessa's Lightsaber Chakram (II)
Link to Submission: https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/prejudice-quintessas-lightsaber-chakram-ii.175522/
Reason for Factory Modification Request: Expand features of one of the crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom