Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cheetah vs. Rhino

Fire Crystal Cave, Hell’s Mouth - Evaar’la Yaim
Evening

Crafting her own lightsabers was the very, very last way Quintessa had wanted to go about obtaining the weapons that she would need to truly call herself Sith.

However, after her humiliation at the hands of Daxa Zuul Daxa Zuul , Quintessa needed something to restore her faith, not in the Eternal Father, but in herself. She needed to test herself so that she might come out the other end stronger, and if not that, then dead. No matter the outcome, the Asa’nyx had no intention of humiliating the Kainate Order ever again. For that reason Quintessa had chosen to go to Evaar’la Yaim, the homeworld of the Eternal Empire’s Mandalorian clans, where she might test herself against the local Mandalorians in her quest to find crystals for the lightsabers she planned to construct.

So far, she had found neither challenge nor crystal.

Although only an hour had passed since she landed, the speedster was growing frustrated. She hoped to gain something from this world, even if she returned to Malsheem empty-handed. That meant finding a crystal, a Mandalorian for her to kill, both, or something entirely unexpected…

Like another Sith.

Locating a semi-exposed lava cave, Quintessa pushed inside, careful to stay clear of the lava flowing down the central ravine. From there, it didn’t long for her eyes to pick out the crystals clustered in small groups along the walls. She quickly moved to pore over them, seeking out crystals that were strong in the Force, so that they might yield better results when bleeding. In doing so, Quintessa extended her senses, probing for strength and weakness, passing over those that showed the latter while marking those that showed the former.

It was only then that she felt another presence with her inside the cave.

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Looking out into the smokey warm skys that blanketed the horizon, Manius stepped onto the scorched volcanic ground. Behind him lay a local mandalorian scout, a rather deep indent on their chest armor from his weapon. They were looking for a trespasser on the planet, a Sith. Sadly they will not be able to finish their hunt. But fortunately Manius would be willing to carry that torch for them.

A female, of reportedly short stature making their way to a lava cave close by. Pulling out his own electro-binoculars Manius scanned the landscape before he saw what he was looking for, along with who he was now looking for entering the cave. As he started to make his way there he swung his heavy weapon up and let the top of it rest on one of his wide shoulders.

As he got closer he could sense their presence, and he was certain they could sense his own. He made no effort to conceal it. There was likely no wear for her to hide with him following and standing by the entrance himself. He figured if there was another way out of this cave it was far deeper and not an readily available exit strategy.

As he stepped past the entrance and further into the cave he himself began to see the various crystals that lined the walls and ceilings of the cave. Maybe if he was in the market for making a lightsaber, or lightclub more likely given his physique, this would be a good place to look. But he had other matters to attend to than that. Each of his stepps were heavy and loud. He knew nothing of the women he was going to meet but she could likely hear him as he approached.

Finally stepping into view, his hulking figure blocking the only clear way out, Manius looked at his target. His fiery eyes narrowed behind his mask. She was indeed tiny, more than he could’ve imagined. Was she only a child? Everything other than his height seemed to suggest otherwise. Stepping a bit closer and shifting his shoulder some he let his large mace-like weapon roll off him, its head hitting the ground as he continued to hold its handle. He truely towered over her, nearly three times her height, and likely weighed even more.

“You look like you're a long way from home, Little One…” Mainus spoke, his voice deep and clear. He wasn’t sure what she was capable of but still underestimated her. Believing that taking her down would be nothing more than tasteless brutality. “I do hope you can put up a fight, Little One, for your sake, cause I can’t let you leave this cave with your life…”

Dialogue Legend: <<Ghoul-Speak>> │ “Galactic Basic” │ <”ur-Kittât”>
Tag: Evening

Quintessa was quite used to everyone being bigger than her, but the massive being standing at the closest exit from the cave was something else entirely. The hulking Juggernaut easily dwarfed her, standing at over three times her height and likely coming in at several times her own mass, enough that he could probably eat as much as Quintessa weighed in a day or two.

However, the Null did not have the presence of a cannibal, but rather a killer. A monstrous, Dark Side killer. A Sith Juggernaut.

“You look like you're a long way from home, Little One…” Mainus spoke, his voice deep and clear. He wasn’t sure what she was capable of but still underestimated her. Believing that taking her down would be nothing more than tasteless brutality. “I do hope you can put up a fight, Little One, for your sake, cause I can’t let you leave this cave with your life…”

The Asa’nyx’s nostrils flared with annoyance.

“Why is it always ‘little one’ with you guys?” Quintessa whined, voice comically high-pitched compared to the Null’s powerful, resonating baritone. “Like, I know I'm small, but I’m not little.” She huffed. “There’s a distinction to be made, you know.” She hissed, her voice taking on a more ominous aspect as the words left her lips.

“Anyways…you’re a Sith, I can feel the Dark Side on you, along with a certain…essence of death. That Mandalorian you killed just now, how did you do it?” Quintessa continued after a moments’ pause. “I would have loved to watch.” She added, licking her lips. “Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any Mandalorians of my own…” The Asa’nyx pouted, crossing her arms beneath her chest in the process.

“But maybe I will after I’m done with you.” She grinned, showcasing two racks of sharp, fanged teeth as she did!

Last edited:

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Manius listened to her reply, like her size suggested, her voice was basically antithetical to his own. She seemed to complain about his choice of words when referring to her. Almost whiney in tone. The “little one” also picked up on his act of violence moment’s prior, and questioned how he did it.

“It wasn’t a fair fight if that’s what you’re wondering. It was an ambush, the poor scout was so preoccupied with tracking you down that by the time they knew I was with them, it was too late. Under that armor of theirs I’m certain their body was turned into red jelly under the force of impact.” He described to her, as if to let her vicariously live the moment through her words since she seemed to envy his kill.

After that Manius lifted up his large vibro mace and held it in two hands. Looking down at her the juggernaut would reply to her previous statement. “You say that there's a difference. But when you’re as big as me the whole world can seem little. Perhaps you can prove me wrong.” He challenged her, Manius then raised his large blunt weapon above himself, making sure not to hit the cave ceiling as he did. His movements were rather telegraphed as he powerfully slammed the weapon into the ground where she was. He expected her to move out of the way, but he bet that she didn’t count on what may have happened next as a powerful shock wave rippled out from the impact from the weapon’s built in kinetite generator. Possibly knocking her small body back prone onto the rocky floor.

The hulking Juggernaut was more articulate than Quintessa had expected, which immediately told her that the Null was no simple, dumb brute, but rather, an intelligent, yet cunning giant. Accordingly, the tiny Asa’nyx appreciated the fact that the Null had been so generous in describing how he had slain the Mandalorian. She licked her lips as she visualized the fight in her mind, imagining the Null’s powerful mace slamming into beskar with a resounding crack, no doubt sending the Mandalorian flying from the blow, their insides turned to a red paste.

“Mhmm…” Quintessa purred softly, playfully biting her lip as she did. “If only I could have been there to watch~” She continued. “I prefer a clean, elegant decapitation myself, but there must be something so visceral about turning someone into a fine crimson paste, wouldn’t you say?” The Asa’nyx smiled, once more showcasing two rows of pristine, sharp teeth in the process.

Nevertheless, in spite of the fact that it almost seemed like they were getting along, the Null challenged her, hefting his massive mace in the process.

Quintessa intended to have an answer.

Settling into a low, cat-like stance with the grace and fluidity of a dancer, Quintessa launched into motion with a flying lateral somersault, carrying her tiny form six meters to her left in the process. However, it wasn’t enough distance to avoid the shock wave that rippled out from the mace as it crashed against the ground, throwing the Asa’nyx back a couple more meters in the process. Nevertheless, with her low center of gravity, Quintessa managed to land back on her feet, a chakram in her left hand, as the vibroblade in her right gauntlet came unsheathed.

“And here I thought we could be friends!” Quintessa shouted less than two seconds after landing, a soft, girlish giggle on her lips. As she did, the Asa’nyx threw her chakram at her opponent, aiming for his neck. Then, less than a split-second after the weapon had left her hand, Quintessa closed the distance with the blinding speed of an arrow loosed from a bow, before delivering a running slash from her left shoulder to right hip, aimed to take off the giant’s right leg at the knee!

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

The tiny being before him seemed to relish in the details he provided about how he left the mandalorian dead. Conveying to Manius that she was some sort of sadist. Even expressing their own preferred manner. He himself never really had a favorite way of disposing of his adversaries. It was sort of just something he did, and cared not to dwell on it much. To him taking a life was a casual endeavor.

Manius watched as his pesky little opponent dodged out of the way of his weapon pounding against the rocky floor beneath them. Hearing her words he looked up at her and lifted his weapon back up.

“Nothing is wr-” Before he could finish his sentence she countered by throwing an outlandish circular blade at him. Reaching up with his hand he telekinetically slowed the thrown weapon. She went straight for his neck. Without touching it he threw it aside only to see that she’d dashed up to him while he was preoccupied with her chakram.

After she took a swipe with her blade at his knee. The vibrating blade slashed him badly. Rapidly showing an exposed kneecap. “Ehh!” He exclaimed, and sharply inhaled through gritted teeth behind his mask. Anger eyes gazed down at her and with the same leg she went for he shifted his weight and hips some before he swung his large leg back at her. Wanting to kick the tiny terror, typically a powerful kick from him would land in in someone’s gut or chest. But for her, his large boot went straight for her face instead. Rarely would he need to be so concerned with overshooting a kick like this.

Time: Evening

She had made him angry. That was dangerous, but it might also open new opportunities for her to exploit. Nevertheless, at that moment, she needed to focus on surviving. For a combatant as small as Quintessa was, getting close to an enemy was always dangerous. For most opponents, all they needed was to land a single good hit in order to stun her, at which point they could harness their superior mass and strength towards overpowering her.

And so, perceiving the sudden shifting of the Null’s hips, Quintessa grunted as she threw herself into a lateral cartwheel, the Force augmenting her body to grant the maneuver more speed, power, and separation from the giant’s kick. It saw her body propelled six meters to the left of her original position within a split-second, at which point the chakram she had thrown at the Null’s neck only moments before was called back into her left hand.

“Looks like I have first blood.” The Asa’nyx taunted, immediately after landing. “Before we continue with our dance, shouldn’t a Lord and a Lady do each other the honor of introducing themselves? Or at least…a future Lord or Lady, depending on which one of us survives this cave.” Quintessa said, as a playful smile manifested across her pale features, a girlish giggle leaving her lips as she did.

“Quintessa, but…you can call me Quin.”

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Manius watched with frustration as his dimititusive opponent managed to evade his counter. Watching as she called her weapon back to her. As she spoke Manius looked away from her, and down at his leg where he saw more of his blood soaking into his pants around his knee where she got him. Taking a shape inhale his fiery eyes looked back down at her as she gave her name.

Clenching his fist some his eyes narrowed before replying. “Pleasure to meet you Miss Quintessa. My “colleagues” call me Manius, Darth Manius.” The titan said, his choice of words making his sith title seem like an annoying nickname. Straightening his stance out some. He groaned some from the gash she gave him. Thought he would still continue this “dance” of theirs.

His GNA belt around his waist began to activate, pumping a bit more of it’s strength enhancing hormones into his body. Raising his mace back up some he swung it with one arm and let go, in her direction. Flinging the powerful weapon at her. However, he expected her to avoid the attack like his previous two. Using it more as a distraction to conceal his true attack. After he tossed his weapon he followed up with a commited full body charge. Expecting Quin to dodge the mace as it drove itself into the ground by her only for him to press the attack with a grabble. His large hand reaching out to grab her neck and hoisted her up from it.

“Darth Manius?” Quintessa gave a soft giggle, before what might be interpreted as a feline purr escaped from her lips, her eyes beaming with coquettish mischief. “Well, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man who’s as much man as you are~” The Asa’nyx added, playfully biting her lip as she did.

And yet, while Quintessa was distracted, the towering Null heaved his mace in her direction, compelling the speedster to dodge or be smashed into a pulp. It went without saying that she took the former option, a burst of Force-enhanced athleticism suddenly propelling her body eight meters to her right in a flying pirouette!

Quintessa felt a sense of euphoria surge within her core as she evaded the Null’s flying mace, but it was only just as she landed the maneuver that she realized she might get far more man than she wanted in this context. Caught unawares, the speedster could do nothing as the giant Null gripped her neck and snatched her up from the ground with a frightening ease, at which point Quintessa realized that the mace had been intended as cover so that he could close the distance. A hint of fear flashed in Quintessa’s cyan eyes as a panicked, choked gasp left her lips, but even then, her mind was racing for solutions to her predicament.

And for a being as fast as she was, it didn’t take long for her to come up with one.

Quintessa grunted, before immediately bringing her right arm up from her left to right side in the attempt to slash at the forearm of the arm which was grabbing her neck with her gauntlet vibroblade, aiming to sever the limb from her opponent's body! Simultaneously, a mental command triggered her field disruptor to activate its defensive setting, instantly manifesting a powerful, potentially lethal disruption field across her body that would hopefully force the Null to release his grip on her neck, should her slashing attack fail.

Last edited:

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Quintessa’s words nearly threw him off. Was it some sort of outlandish and playful Don Moch? However he was already committed to his maneuver. Once he had the diminutive minx in his clutches he grinned under his mask. Nowhere for her to go now.

Sensing her sneaky vibroblade again he wouldn’t let her get another slice on him. If she’d remove his arm it would be catastrophic. With his free hand he caught her wrist before it made contact with him. Feeling her in his hands she seemed so fragile to him now. With a sudden tug in both directions he would rend the tiny speedster.

However, before he could do such a thing a blast of energy came from her. Forcing him to throw her away as he was knocked back by it. The energy had caused his hands and arms to seize up in a sudden jolt of pain. “Agh!, just when things were starting to get good!” Manius exclaimed, frustrated how she seemed to have more gadgets to fall back on. “How many tricks can such a small body possess?” He asked before taking in a deep breath and straightening his posture. His eyes seemed to have been set blaze with wild passion and his breathing labored. The frustration with her slippery maneuvers seemingly getting to him.

Manius couldn’t let himself be overcome with psychosis, not now. But that poor cloned brain of his was keeping his thoughts and actions in check. Letting out and anguished groan with one hand and grabbing his temple as he shouted nonsensically “OH I can hear it with my teeth!” With his other large hand he summoned his mace back to his hand with the force. Catching the weighty weapon in one hand, and with a large step towards He followed with another heavy swing, like a baseball player with one hand. “I’ll have the first slice!” It seemed his clone psychosis was flaring up, Quintessa could sense an unprecedented pool of darkside energy, but no will to control it.

Quintessa was sent flying as the Null threw her out of his grasp, grunting as he did. In turn, the Asa’nyx landed as gracefully as she could manage, by rolling her body upon hitting the ground before quickly getting back onto her feet. Coughing as the pain in her neck subsided, Quintessa’s cyan gaze focused on Manius, who seemed to have succumbed to a curious mixture of frustration and confusion.

“How many tricks can such a small body possess?”

“As many as she wants.” Quintessa answered, her voice strained owing to the fact that she had narrowly escaped the gruesome fate of her neck being snapped like a twig at the hands of a hulking brute. “Want to see some more?” She added, a hint of mischief returning to her tone as the words left her lips.

All the while, Manius grunted and called the mace back into his hand, at which point Quintessa sensed that the fight was back on. Charging her body with the dark side, the Asa’nyx drew on her emotions—especially the sensation of primal fear that had come over her when Manius gripped her by the neck—and harnessed them as a font of power. Now in the depths of Surge, the speedster’s perception slowed to a crawl, allowing her to roll under the Null’s mace, before sprinting between his legs with the speed of an arrow cast forth from a compound bow.

From there, Quintessa launched herself across the slow-moving stream of lava with the same blinding velocity, crossing the body of molten rock so that she was 34 meters away from her opponent, having managed to traverse the entire distance within a split-second timeframe!

“If you really want me, you gotta come get me, big boy~” Quintessa purred as she came to a stop. “I'm the type of girl who loves to be chased!” The Asa’nyx added. Simultaneously, she heaved the chakram in her left hand towards the Null’s upper body, aiming to strike his chest. Then, a second chakram was thrown a quarter-second later, aimed for Manius’ legs!

Last edited:

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Manius’s over committed swing of his weapon made him lose balance, surely aiding in the speedsters own maneuver as they bolted out of the way. It seemed as though before he understood what had happened she was already across the cave from him it seemed. Had he begun to lost track of time, or was she just that fast.

He sensed her own increase in darkside energy. It would appear that by now the two of them have dived into their respective pools on the darkside to fuel themselves. Fear for herself, and an ever growing delirium for Manius. Seeing himself live up to his name's sake. Widened and frantic eyes looked over to Quintessas as she spoke. The grip on his weapon tightening ever more. She seemed to enjoy being quite the tease, causing him to involuntarily huff.

From where he was standing he saw the circular blades getting ready to be used. Instinctively trying to defend the best he could against them. He didn’t possess her speed, and wore no armor. Holding his large mace out in front of him he let it block the incoming projectile blade for his chest, and followed up with the one heading for his leg. However, the two Chakrams dug into his vibroweapon. Holding it up some he noticed how they now seemed lodged into it, as well as a few sparks coming from his weapon. Her weapons have seemingly broken his, at least the parts that made it more deadly. “Errrg!” He groaned as he looked back to her, annoyed that his weapon was now ruined. Casually he tossed his mace, and by extension her two Chakrams away behind him. Functionally disarming himself, and possibly removing some of her own weapons as well.

“This… isn’t won’t be a chase Little Quinn… This is going to be a hunt…” He said his voice and tone sounded like he was having trouble expressing himself. But he brought his fists up some and cracked his knuckles loudly. With one step after another he began to close the distance and gain some speed. But more importantly gain momentum as he rushed down Quintessa. Turning himself into a moving bulwark of rage and muscles. “Now come to Papa you little whelp, and take your medicine!” He exclaimed with madness as he rushed her. Ready to strike down at her once he was close enough with an open hand, seemingly going to grab her once more.

Quintessa’s eyes went wide. The Null was so mad with bloodlust that he intended to run across the lava in order to reach her! She had done the same only moments before, but the Asa’nyx had only been able to achieve the feat by virtue of her extreme speed, rivaling that of a speeder bike. It allowed her to run the distance across the stream within a split-second timeframe. At that speed, she could easily run over water and lava by extension. However, she wasn’t sure if her opponent had the same capability.

There was a strong possibility that he might sink to his fiery doom.

Regardless, in the event that the Null managed to cross the stream of lava, Quintessa would be ready to meet him. While she was disappointed that her chakrams were stuck inside of her opponent’s mace, the tiny Neophyte sensed that she held a moderate advantage due to the simple fact that she was armed and the Null wasn’t. In addition, there was the matter of blood loss which might work in her favor. The Asa’nyx had managed to open one of the giant’s knees, and she could already see the crimson fluid staining his pants. If she could land another slash of similar severity, she might be able to shift her focus to outlasting rather than outright defeating the giant, by frustrating him with her speed until he was too exhausted to fight. Until then, her opponent’s preternatural physical strength was something that she would need to account for, or else she would find herself squeezed to a mangled pulp!

And so, as the the Null charged her, Quintessa reacted with preternatural alacrity, answering his charge with one of her own. However, where the Null presumably went low, in order to reach down to her level due to her stature…

The Asa’nyx went high.

Quintessa took skyward with a Force-enhanced leap generated by powerful legs, carrying her tiny form to potentially land directly on the shoulder of the arm the Null had reached out to her with. However, she didn’t stay on him for more than a split-second. Rather, she utilized the Null himself as a springboard for a double jump, this one carrying her tiny form seven meters up into the air, until she reached the apex and began to soar back down in the manner of a guided missile.

A little more than a second after the initiation of her second jump, she attempted to land back on her opponent's collarbones, before immediately moving to plunge her vibroblades into both of the Null's trapezius areas, intending to rip open his shoulders in the attempt!

Last edited:

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Despite Manius’s heightened well of dark side energy from his own overridden emotions it wasn’t nor could it be properly utilized. It was too raw and undisciplined. Not like a proper sith. Still the short-stack speedster managed to outmaneuver his oppressive stature. Too slowly reacting to her quick jumping, reacting to her suddenly off of him. Her movements caused some confusion for the brute. Only realizing too late that she’d propelled high up.

Manius only managed to turn his head up and look at Quintessa before she seemingly rocketed back down to him. The force of her impact causes the rather lumbering Null to fall back onto the rocky volcanic floor with her on top of him. He could only manage to lift one arm which managed to catch off of her own. Sparring himself from at least one of her blades. Yet the other ones struck him badly. The blade dug into his trapezius as he fell hard onto his back. Although the increased lethality of her vibroblade also breaks part of his shoulder blade causing a lot more unseen damage below his skin. “AhhhAH!” Manius screamed.

Things were going really bad for Manius, but he still had a grip on one of her arms, and the other was plunged inside of him. So he would get her back for that. Quintessa on top of him, and with a strong death grip on her other arm he yanked her off his body and slammed her tiny form onto the rocky ground beside them. All the while laying on his hurting back, still holding onto her he would attempt to do so again, and again. Trying to repeatedly slam her against the ground like a ragdoll. Quickly through his energy and blood loss would get to him. Keeping him from continuing to bash her. Laying on his back as crimson blood rushed from his leg and shoulder. He took heavy, pained breaths. Still gripping his opponent but unable to really do much. Though his body was suffering his mind would actually begin to clear. “S-Sorry little one, for… for underestimating you.” He spoke with a labored tone and a hint of regret, struggling to move his other arm after she obliterated his shoulder with her vibroblade. Mainus seemed to have reverted to the more articulate behavior she showed when first meeting her. Looking up at the rather spiky looking cave ceiling and all their stalactites. The strong grip he had on her finally let up, and would allow her to slip out of his grasp. Even if he wanted too he couldn’t continue the fight, at least not a proper fight.

Quintessa’s bloodlust came to a head as one of her vibroblades found purchase, ripping through ligaments, tendons, and bone to elicit an outcry from the giant. However, in doing so, her opponent had managed to grab hold of her other arm, using it as leverage to slam her tiny form into the ground. Quintessa grunted as the impact registered in her senses, the wind falling out of her lungs as a stab of pain erupted in her chest, no doubt derived from broken ribs. Simultaneously, a sharp crack manifested in her helmet’s ceraglass visor, her brain rattling inside of her skull from the force of the impact as her head bounced against the ground. Nevertheless, kicking her Reflex into overdrive, Quintessa managed to activate her field disruptor’s defensive setting before the Null could slam her again, draining what was left of its battery to bathe her entire form in an energized disruption field that carried enough energy to kill a normal-sized human or failing that, possibly cause severe burn wounds in the attempt. While it went without saying that Manius was far larger than any human, the speedster hoped that the pain would cause him to break his hold.

All the while, Quintessa committed as much of her strength as possible to attempting to escape from the Null’s inhumanly powerful grip. Just one slam had already done considerable damage. She didn’t know if she could survive a second or third one.

Perhaps in her attempt to prove the giant wrong, she had underestimated his strength, as well.

Last edited:

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Although Manius’s maneuver didn’t exactly pull through like he wanted he still succeeded for the most part. Still having considerably bludgeoned his diminutive opponent against the rocky floor with even just a single slam. Before he could follow up with a second slam he raised her up once more in his grip but instead his hand and arm horribly singed his arm with a burning energy pulse from her armor like before.

Sharply inhaling through gritted teeth behind his mask from the pain of it. Having to let go of her. He clenched his burned fist and groaned from the pain in his arm. Though despite all damage Quintess dealt to him, he still managed to put her in a world of hurt as well it seemed from slamming her into the ground like a ragdoll just once.

So much of his body was in rough shape, kness slashed, right armed burnt, and his left shoulder ravaged by that deep stab. Finding it harder to breathe with his mask on he took his charred hand and pulled off the garb. His face was pretty unremarkable, fairly sharp features with a short rough beard and hair on his head. Sort of a far cry from the freakish proportions of the rest of his body and deep baritone voice. But he was young and the face betrayed that fact about the null clone.

With some effort his muscles strained a lot just so that he could sit up and not lay on his back. His angry eyes looked over at Quintessa, wondering if she was going to get up too and blitz her way over her to stab him in the jugular or something like that. But he had the feeling she might be as beat as he was, and would just like to not die instead of kill off their opponent. “What do you say we hold off now on the hostilities some Miss Quin?” This might be a stalemate, whether or not it ended with them both walking away or both making this their tomb remained to be seen…

For a few moments, Quintessa’s world was a mess of stars and swimming distortions, forcing the speedster to balance herself against a nearby rock before her vision finally came back into alignment. It was only then that her other injuries from being slammed with such violence by a being of such immense stature dawned on her. A painful stabbing sensation in her chest made it difficult for her to breath. Broken ribs? A punctured lung? Unfortunately, Quintessa could only guess at the extent of the injuries she had sustained. Even so, she sensed that the Null was in worse shape, an opinion which was verified as she threw her broken helmet aside, revealing glistening alabaster features and shoulder-length pink hair that was slick with exertion from the strain of the fight.

Taking in Null’s ravaged form as he moved to sit up, one thing became evident: She was standing, he was not.

Accordingly, Quintessa believed she had beaten him, but not without being pushed to her limits and injured in the process. That meant that he was owed her respect, but mercy was quite another matter.

“S-Sorry little one, for… for underestimating you.”

“I may…have underestimated you too, Manius.” Quintessa breathed, her voice hoarse and ragged as she moved off of the rock she had been supporting herself against. However, her injured opponent’s next words caused the speedster’s gaze to widen.

“What do you say we hold off now on the hostilities some Miss Quin?”

“Hold off? In my moment of triumph? I think you overestimate your chances.” Quintessa began. “I will give you two options, Mr. Darth Manius. Surrender and I will grant you the honor of choosing your last words. I will make your death painless, swift, and free from humiliation. Fight and you will die by a thousand cuts, tired, frustrated, and humiliated.” The Asa’nyx hissed.

“Choose quickly or I will choose for you."

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

Watching his opponent as they got themselves up and discarded their helmet, taking note of her very pale complexion, alone with their vibrant hair and eyes. Those big blue eyes made it seem even larger as they widened from his words. She didn’t seem to like the idea of not finishing him off. With his “good” hand and arm he reached over to grab a stalagmite next to him to help support him up onto his feet. Using it and the leg of his that hadn’t been shredded to hoist himself up.

All the while crimson liquid poured down from his shoulder and over his “bad” arm, running down and off his large fingers. Clearly worn out with how his leaned into his uninjured leg and supported himself on the conical rock formation his arms were holding onto, he responded to her “offer”.

“Pipe down there Shortstack, I’m not just gonna stand here and take that from you! Demanding I give in and just die like that and claiming it’ll spare me the humiliation. Is that what you Kainite Sith think Honor is?” Manius was clearly displeased with her words, and found the offer a great insult. He made up her mind now, he wanted to choose a third option. But right now he wanted to trick her, and goad her into attacking him.

“Even now I could snap you like a toothpick, you’re not going to humiliate me, not over my dead body.” He said, still anguished, his lips made a slight smirk. As his good hand more tightly gripped the top of the stalagmite. “Now why don’t you try and do what you promised. What was it again, death by a thousand cuts? Or will I need to make you eat your words Miss Quinn.” Manius wanted to provoke Quintessa, and use her bloodlust against her and made an attack against him reckless with frustration and arrogance.

Quintessa gave a cackling, girlish giggle.

However, she didn’t hesitate to take advantage of the respite offered to her by injecting one of the doses of the Force energy-restoring potion she had prepared beforehand into the meat of her right thigh, taking a sharp intake of air as she did. The Asa’nyx hoped that she wouldn’t need it, but she sensed that in spite of his injuries, Manius wasn’t ready to give up so easily.

“So you knew that I was of the Kainate all along, hmm?” Quintessa purred. “Or perhaps it’s just a moment of clarity before your death?” She hissed, her bloodlust rising to the fore. “Regardless, in spite of your stubborn refusal to surrender, I’ll do you the favor of making this quick and…” The Asa’nyx placed her fingers around her chin in mock contemplation.

Relatively painless.” She finished as her lips tugged upwards in a wicked grin revealing rows of fanged teeth!

Then, without warning, the speedster shifted her posture into a low, cat-like stance, before firing her bodysuit’s gauntlet-mounted repulsor weapon at the Null’s uninjured leg from 10 meters away, discharging a shockwave that was the technological equivalent of a Force Push. It was a weapon that she used sparingly, as the force of its recoil was considerable, especially given her tiny frame. However, Quintessa had trained herself to ride with it. The Asa’nyx let her body be carried backward in a graceful backflip, before landing and glancing back up towards her opponent to analyze how he would respond. All the while, the speedster's Reflex kicked into overdrive, casting the world into slow motion from her perspective, to the end of augmenting her reflexes and perception.

Last edited:

Darth Manius

D
Quintessa Quintessa

"Prove it!" Manius listened as the tiny terror mocked him, and watched as she launched herself back with what seemed like a force blast. It was directed at his “good” leg, and all though he tried to keep up straight and strained against the blast the strength of it mixed with his already compromised state forced him onto his knee. Putting more pain and discomfort on his sliced leg.

With another sharp inhale through gritted teeth his fiery eyes shot over to Quintessa. She didn’t wanna seem to come towards him and face him more directly, so he could make her. With considerable effort he raised his other arm, the one she’d damaged after piercing his shoulder. Clenching his hand into a fist the two could hear a crackling noise echoing in the cave around them before the stalactites that covered the ceiling off the cave began to break and fall upon Quintessa and her position. Manius having telekinetically crushed the base of the rocky formations causing them to fall like spikes from the sky.

With that as a danger he tried to force his impish opponent towards himself and close the distance since he was unable to do some himself. He was unaware of how much her reflexes were enhanced, but still didn’t count on any of the spiky rocks actually being able to strike her. Just to get her close enough. Only once she was would Manius feel confident enough to finish this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom