Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three
Interacting with Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Aris Noble Aris Noble

TddmRqj.png
-

"Okay, asking for help and for it to lend its power," Zaiya repeated, letting Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's words flow over her mind repeatedly. With a half smile, she nodded, "Okay, umm... would you go with me with the first patient just to make sure I am doing it right?"

That way, he could guide her through it if she wasn't.

"Maybe someone who doesn't seem to be too severely injured? I wouldn't want to place anyone in harm's way if I fail to do it correctly." she was very worried about that.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"Of course. Don't worry. I won't push you into anything too dangerous." Shan broke out into a grin, resting his hand on Zaiya's shoulder to try and comfort her.

"Consider yourself lucky, the first mission I had with another Jedi to heal someone, they ended up having some really contagious disease that affected non-humans." Whilst he was teasing her, Shan was also trying to be serious. To show Zaiya the kind of things that he'd healed in the past.

With that, they wandered through the crowd as Shan looked for someone who didn't seem to be too injured. Every so often, he'd stop to heal someone who seemed too badly hurt for Zaiya to help herself. It felt wrong to him to keep walking past someone in that condition after all. Eventually he came across a rather plain looking human soldier, nursing what looked to be a broken arm.

"Erh...Hi there. We're Jed-...I'm a Jedi. We're just here to see if we can help heal your arm, if that's alright?" The Soldier glanced between both Shan and Zaiya, grimacing for a moment before just letting out a small grunt of acceptance, holding his arm out towards the pair.

@Zaiya

There was a great deal of discussion to be found. Everyone had their own ideas for how to approach the new reality, but nobody seemed to get too heated one way or the other. That was good. They would need cooler heads to persevere through this war. Valery more or less confirmed their next step: Younglings and inexperienced padawans would be sent to the Prosperity and Vonnuvi for protection. Amani, as the headmaster of the Vonnuvi Enclave, immediately pulled out a communicator, "I'll make the call."

She had discussed the possibility with the herdship's Elder Priest earlier. Now it was time to make it official, and get preparations underway for the sudden influx of members. They would be safe there, she was sure of that much. Amani stepped away from the talks, and reached out to Gillom Rone.

It had gone exactly how his wife predicted it would, and admittedly, Nathan found that highly amusing. Alice was going to laugh her android ass off after he told her.

Not a single one had even asked about the planet. Perhaps he should have shouted that there was a giant ass Clone Army there, but that would have only caused panic. Jedi, understandably, tend to get freaked out by anyone who came up with the aggressively simple, bordering on stupid tactic of just surrounding them from all sides and shooting them until they die...and succeeding, nine times out of ten.

He heard Syd Celsius Syd Celsius laughing in his head over it.

Well, you told them about it. You fulfilled the minimal legal requirements for honesty and transparency. It's 'their' fault if they give it no further thought. he heard Syd say, but the change in pitch from her typically somber tone told him it was the thing that had merged with her, The Reflection, speaking.

Nathan knew Elias Edo Elias Edo would want a look at the place at least. He was really surprised none of them, not even Valery Noble Valery Noble or even Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor had thought to ask him what the planet was, and how he knew it was a Jedi planet. No. The fires, the louder voices speaking, the more popular voices, that were given the most weight. Not even a question was asked of him.

This suited him perfectly. He almost felt like he had a clean conscience about his secrets.

Perhaps the Vonnuvi Enclave would hold bigger ears. Or at least, those who knew to ask questions.

Nathan listened a few minutes more, and got up to leave. He passed by Elias Edo Elias Edo .

"Meet with me in two days above orbit on this place. I'll take you to it...bring whoever you trust..."

With that, Nathan, still a "Padawan", walked out of the meeting...

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

Shadowing Shan Pavond Shan Pavond was a great visual and instructional tool for Zaiya. She paid special close attention to how the Mirialan began his conversations and how he spoke to each patient, what questions he asked. Even if he stammered through a few things, Zaiya was extremely grateful at learning how to do this. He was a good teacher, patient and willing to answer Zaiya's questions no matter how silly they seemed.

As they neared a patient where she was to try to heal now, Zaiya felt herself grow nervous. Her rosy golden skin had damped to a silvery hue, but the bright orange patterns with blue glowing flecks indicated her determination to try her best. With a deep breath, the girl gave a wide friendly smile, her patterns darkening to a vivid yellow in an abashed, but courageous attempt to reach out to the solider.

"H-hello, my name is Zaiya," The Lovalla stammered out. "I am here to heal your injurie-- "The soldier only gave another gruff response, but it was Zaiya's skin rippling with color changes that drew his attention.

"What's wrong with your skin?!" He asked, a bit alarmed as Zaiya reached out for his arm with her free hand while holding the crystal with the other. "Are you sick?! Is that contagious? I ain't want no glowing skin,"

Alarm and embarrassment suddenly flooded Zaiya's face, freezing in place as the queries. "Umm... no... I.., my kind happen to change color with whatever we fee--"

"You gonna make my skin glow if you heal me?" the sudden question just kept driving additional anxiety in Zaiya. Her eyes grew wide as saucers as she tried to stammer through and explain that it wouldn't

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Shan blinked as the soldier seemed be more focused on trying to upset a child, instead of being healed. Well. That had made Shan's mind up pretty quickly as he took a small step between Zaiya and the Soldier, plastering a sickly sweet but also clearly fake smile across his face as he turned his head over towards Zaiya for a moment.

"Oh. Would you look at that Zaiya? I picked someone is feeling completely fine. I mean, he's well enough to run his mouth. So he's well enough to run his legs off to get a doctor." Shan wasn't much of one for physical violence, so he was just going to use his words instead as he ruffled Zaiya's hair, trying to cheer up the young girl gently, before turning his attention towards the Soldier.

"And hopefully once you do find someone who is willing to treat someone like you, you'll remember how accepting and tolerant the Galactic Alliance is meant to be towards other species." He had dealt with xenophobic soldiers before. Hell, Shan had been shot at by some, when he was dealing with that illness he had told Zaiya about previously. So it clearly rubbed him the wrong way. "And I must say, I very, very, very much appreciate your service." With each very, Shan gave a hard pat against the man's arm. "Let's go Zaiya. I'm sure we can find someone who is more need of help" And more deserving. He wasn't here as an official healer, just as a volunteer, so he felt nothing wrong with refusing to heal someone.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya watched the entire exchange with wide eyes and a rather stunned expression. She wasn't unused to the double-takes, murmurs, or gestures when her skin shifted hues or she glowed, but it was a different matter entirely when someone would react so accusatory and suspiciously as if she had some contagious disease that could cause others harm. Perhaps this was why Dr. Izak tended to make sure that Zaiya remained within University grounds. At least, while she may stand out like a sore thumb there, she was a known factor.

It was entirely different when interacting with others outside of the University's safety net.

She felt Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's comforting hand ruffle the hair on her head. The touch had an immediate effect; while still pewter grey, her color-shifting skin had her markings glow a golden hue towards a positive resonance to the comfort. Feeling extremely needy, Zaiya did her best to remain close to Shan after they stepped away, her hands drawing together to hold the healing crystal in her hand. As if sensing she needed a version of healing that had nothing to do with her body but more with her emotions and her mind, the crystal began to softly resonate and glow, ushering out a comforting sensation as if it was trying to engulf her in a warm hug.

Her lower lip quivered, and her throat bobbed; Zaiya stammered out, "I... I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I... I can do better next time, I think." Zaiya didn't want Shan to think she couldn't do this; she was just trying her best to blink back the stinging in her eyes over the xenophobic remarks again.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

As the crystal was trying to hug Zaiya in its own way, Shan crouched himself down, wrapping his arms around the glowing girl. Shaking his head softly as she apologised for it. "No. No. It's alright. You don't need to be sorry. We can take a break from this. It's better for us to heal people when we're in a good place ourselves. And I'm pretty sure neither of us are going to be in the best mental state right now." The Mirialan did his best to try and reassure his new friend, once again giving her hair a small little ruffle. He was doing his best not to show it, but Shan was mad. It was an emotion he didn't feel often, so he was just focused on his breathing to try and stay relaxed.

"You did a great job anyway, okay? I should have been more careful of who we went to help. There's a surprising amount of people like him in the Galaxy. I'd say you'd get used to people like him...but at the end of the day, you don't. And I don't want to lie to you." Shan sighed to himself, running a hand down his face in frustration. The healing lesson would probably have to wait for another day. But he didn't want Zaiya to think it was her fault. He just wasn't in the best place to teach right now himself.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

universe entire with-you
ocqEHzF.png

The assembly began to disperse.

Efret moved towards one side of the rotunda to allow others an unobstructed exit. She had agreed to go along with Valery after the summit to New Cov. A fear that someone might assume the Lorrdian master's intentions inappropriate gripped her mind, but she quickly dismissed it. She, in fact, was more than content to let the Council percolate now—there was a great peace in being released from the decision-making process, even if she felt like her perspective might have not had the weight to others it had to her.

Before exiting the hall to go about their other duties for the day, one of the interpreters approached her to ask her if she required further assistance. Efret shook her head, expressed than she did not, and thanked them both for their work. It had been a lot even for two of them. A pair of droids might have been able to keep up better, but their lack of facial expressions and relative fluidity in their hands when signing contributed to Efret's preference for organic interpreters in group contexts like this one where lipreading was not an option.

After they left together, Efret eyes scanned over the remaining crowd. She spotted Elias, smiled, and waved. Regardless of what she felt generally regarding her opinion, it would not affect her personal or professional relationships: she considered them both to be colleagues and friends.

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Last edited:
BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

The dam broke as soon as Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's arms wrapped around Zaiya. It began as a soft sniffle, then a little louder, until big, fat tears fell down Zaiya's silver cheeks. Her mottled spots and markings were now a deep, charcoal grey in melancholy and depression. However, the glowing golden edges that swirled indicated that Shan's comfort was helping her.

She clung to him, holding him tight, her little arms clinging as she hid her face, not wanting to see if anyone was also staring at her again. She so really, really wanted to learn how to heal, and now she felt terrible. Logic and Shan's assurance would tell her one thing: that it wasn't her fault, but her own doubts and fears would indicate that maybe somehow they were.

There was no blocking the resonance of her emotions, which were pouring out with the continued physical contact between her and the Mirialan. Shan would feel her sorrow and self-doubt, coupled with her desperate desire to try and help, clashing with the uncertainty of what to do next. Zaiya would also start to feel the resonance of the Mirialan's anger and frustration, how he was trying to keep it in check as much as he could give her reassurance.

So, there were more like that soldier out there? Then how did one continue on and face that? To a degree, Zaiya had some thick skin with the murmurs and stares, but it was so different when someone was so upfront and vocal about it.

Another sniffle and Zaiya pulled back. Her lower lip was still wobbly, and certainly, ugly crying didn't give her any breaks. Her nose was bright red, her skin splotchy grey and silver, and those iridescent blue eyes red-rimmed.

She wiped her nose with the back of her hand and gave another wet sniffle, trying her best to get her emotions back into place.

"Okay..." Zaiya replied, swallowing hard, before peering at Shan and asking, "... but...what should I do if it happens again?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Shan grimaced to himself at the question. That was something he didn't have a good answer for. If she had asked Colette, Colette probably would have said something like to punch them and whilst Shan wouldn't necessarily disagree with that kind of response...It wasn't something he wanted to teach Zaiya right now. She was impressionable from the looks of things, and telling her violence was the answer was definitely not the right choice. But at the same time, Shan also knew his choice of not fighting back wasn't the best either.

Whilst he tried to figure out an answer, the Mirialan just took his hand and gently wiped away at Zaiya's face. Those tears weren't helping anyone at the end of the day, and if anything, they were making Shan more and more frustrated. He wanted to go back and give that soldier's arm a stronger slap but that wasn't who he was. Just...focus. Breathe. Try to figure out how to answer Zaiya's question.

It was easy for him. He used to people insulting him. Hell, he was used to people attacking him. Being a pacifist raised on Nar Shaddaa would do that to you. But that didn't mean Zaiya was used to it. And she shouldn't have to be used to it. "It's...hard to answer that question Zaiya. There's technically nothing wrong with people voicing their opinions like that. As long as they aren't acting on their opinions...The best thing to do is just try and ignore them, but I know that's easier said than done..."

It sucked. Massively. If Zaiya had gotten angry, instead of upset, he could have suggested something like a rage room. Like the one him and Corazona had done when they first met. But that wouldn't work. He was racking his mind for some kind of solution, but his mind wouldn't come up with one.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

Ignore them. Right. Zaiya took a deep, shuddering breath, trying to regulate her breathing again. "I... I normally can do that. I'm used to the stares... just..." She swallowed hard again, trying to explain, "... I never had someone r-react like that before."

Now, she was fiddling with her fingers, carefully doing her best to cradle the healing crystal between her palms as it was doing its best to make her feel better.

It was a conundrum, one that only time and experience would help Zaiya navigate through. Glancing down at the crystal, Zaiya lifted her hands and offered it back to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond .

"Thank you for trying to teach me though. I... maybe we can try again later?"
she still wanted to help, but if Shan thought it was best to wait, then she would respect that.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"Of course we can try again later. Just for now, focus on your breathing, okay? In...Out...In...Out." Shan focused on his own breathing as well, to try and focus on reassuring Zaiya, using his hand as another little visual aid. Lifting it up when he breathed in, and then lowering it when he breathed out. Keeping a small smile on his face, even if it was somewhat forced.

"Who knows? Depending on how the future goes for you and me, if you end up joining the Jedi Order, I might end up being your actual teacher." Wishful thinking on his part maybe. But he also hoped that it might cheer the young girl up as well...Though he did add towards the end for extra reassurance. "But even if I don't, I'll still try and help you with your healing. It's...my job to pass on knowledge to the next generation and everything."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

"Focus on breathing? Okay." Zaiya gave a few slow nods and did as she was told. It was easier to close her eyes and try to focus on it, much like when Loomi Loomi and Braze Braze taught her how to meditate and connect with the Force. The memory of the Half-Echani telling her that meditation also helped in clearing the mind of negative feelings. That positive memory, along with the comforting resonance of the healing crystal and Shan's guidance, made the Lovalla teenager smile.

In. Out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

The cyclic motion slowly began to spread that sense of calm and relaxation. Gradually, the pewter shade of her skin returned to its rosy-gold hue, with other mottled patterns illuminating from the dark charcoal grey to a light turquoise blue of contentment. After a few more minutes, Zaiya opened her eyes. With a faint grateful smile, she studied the Mirialan's face, seeing the concern and encouragement etched there.

"Thank you, Shan. I appreciate this... and I'd like that."
She really did. It helped her out. Pausing, she began to muse over a topic before asking, "... why did you join the Jedi Order?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

With that, the smile on Shan's face slowly faded, as the colour also drained from his face. This topic wasn't...something that Shan quite liked to think about, considering he learned the truth about it slowly after his mother had been kidnapped. A small sigh escaped his lips as he just flopped down to the floor to sit down, staring off into the distance.

"...I love to help people. Even when I shouldn't. Back on Nar Shaddaa, I used to do it all the time. Got beaten up for it a few times as well...but it was always worth it to see people happy." Shan picked at his nail for a moment, going over things in his head. "And eventually, my Father suggested I go to the Order...so I can learn how to help people. My mother agreed with it, and off I went."

The Mirialan pulled his knees up to his chest, resting his chin on them. As much as he was technically an adult, these thoughts always made him feel like a child. "...Though it turned out, my father just wanted me gone. He was sick of me wanting to help others. Causing him more problems. So...now I'm part of the Order, because I have nothing else. They're my family. That's it."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

The more stories Zaiya heard about why people joined the Order, the more she realized that many sought acceptance and belonging. Empathy filled her expression, reflected in the shifting hues of blues, burnished bronze, and soft golden highlights that danced across her skin as she watched Shan Pavond Shan Pavond draw his knees to his chest.

Moved by compassion, Zaiya wrapped her arms around Shan, offering him a comforting hug. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, Shan, but I'm glad you found a new family and home," she said softly, gently patting his back in reassurance.

"And I apologize if my question caused you pain," Zaiya continued, sincere regret evident in her voice. "That wasn't my intention."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"No. No. Don't apologise. It's fine." He reached his hand up to ruffle Zaiya's hair, letting out a small but half hearted chuckle. It was just a bit of a sensitive topic for him if he was being honest. Leaning back against the wall he had sat himself down, staring off into space for a few moments in thought.

"I mean. If I had the choice, I wouldn't take any of it back. I like my life. My family. My loved ones. And hey. If I didn't become a Jedi, I wouldn't be able to help you out. and I wouldn't have met Aris, or any of his family members." He shrugged his shoulders afterwards, brushing his clothes down for a moment. If he thought about it, he'd probably have been dead by now if he didn't join the Jedi...So it was a pretty good choice he supposed.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya was glad that Shan Pavond Shan Pavond seemed to perk back up again. To be honest, she was also grateful that he wasn't uncomfortable with ruffling her hair or being personable. The physical contact meant so much to a socially and kinship starved Lovalla like Zaiya. Having those social connections and being able to be with someone who was not only comfortable but attempting to reassure her was so nice. Aris made her feel that way. He made her feel safe and connected. Braze and Loomi were starting to make her feel the same way too.

For now, it appered that both Zaiya and Shan were feeling better, and it was good to hear that despite the hardship Shan had faced, he wouldn't' have changed it because it allowed him to be exactly where he wanted to be -- with new family, friends, a home, and a sense of purpose at least within the Order.

The more she talked to other Jedi and experienced things herself, the more Zaiya was starting to seriously consider joining the Order. But would Dr. Izak let her? How would her international dependent visa work? Would she need to apply for a waiver or how would that work? It would be terrible if Dr. Izak gave the okay -- hopefully he would - only to get deported back to Volik.

Biting her lower lip, Zaiya asked Shan, "So... how does one enter the order? Does one have to apply or take a test? And does one have to apply for a student visa and get sponsors?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

"Well...I suppose you have to prove your Force Sensitive. I'm...not necessarily sure if you need a visa or sponsors for it. I think the Order counts as a religious entity?" Shan wasn't too sure about the whole legality of it. "I just kinda...applied, got given a dorm and that was it. Took me ages before I got my own actual lightsaber as well, since I didn't like the idea of using one." The Mirialan tapped his side for a moment, looking down at his lightsaber with a small smile on his face.

"It just...didn't make sense to me. I want to be seen as a healer, so why would I carry around a weapon? but then I realised...It's a decent way to protect people." And he didn't necessarily have to kill people if he was using a lightsaber. They'd just...need a hand to do stuff after Shan was done with them. He shrugged his shoulders once more, resting his hands on his knees as he thought.

"I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms into the Order either way. Aris' parents are part of the Council, and his dad is my master. Sometimes I see Kahlil as my own dad...but then it makes it a bit weird because I'm dating one of his kids so." Shan rambled a bit, a sign that he was starting to feel a lot better before he shook his head to snap out of it.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Objective Three

TddmRqj.png
-

"Wait, if it is considered a religious organization, does that mean one has to believe in that religion?" Aris had said that it wasn't quite the Church of the Force, so now she was unsure.

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond then remarked regarding how using a lightsaber took a while. Was it mandatory to use one? A question for her to ask. "Is it mandatory to use a lightsaber?"

A slight frown, then she considered Shan regarding being a healer and wanting to protect others.

"Well, you could always learn other ways than with a saber to defend and protect others,"
Zaiya replied. After being in a few fights, she could tell there were other ways to help in a fight that didn't require direct combat.

Then, it was revealed that Aris Noble Aris Noble 's father was Shan's master. Now it made sense why Aris had said that Shan was like family. Zaiya gave a broad grin. Then came the information that he was dating his Master's daughter. Now, her eyes went wide and her colors shifted in wonder and admiration. After all, finding a partner so young was amazing in Zaiya's culture. Now she knew two couples who found each other so early!

"Wait -- your Master's daughter is your mate?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom