Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public P.I.X. | Ecosystems of the Future Scientific Exposition

the_plan_2.png

Ecosystems of the Future Scientific Exposition
Jakku, Radiance Home
Tags: Trinity Harris Trinity Harris , Zoraya Dara Zoraya Dara , Open

pi_divider.png

Calling all engineers and mathmeticians from across the galaxy! A scientific exposition of increadible proportions is about to occur. The newly founded institution for solving intergalactic problems through logical inqueary and data analysis, the Phoenix Initiative, is hosting it's very first Scientific Exposition, P.I.X., above the sandy world of Jakku. Great minds our invited to bring their scientific advancements geared towards long scale solutions to PI's top of the line space station, Radiance Home, where guests from across known space are invited to come and see what the future of scientific advancement looks like and enjoy a venue prepared from the recources produced in the station's self-contained greenhouse environment. Director Akar Rhonvogg will be present to meet with and discuss with guests and academics at the expo, and all will be able to witness a brand new piece of tech that will change the way that the galaxy thinks about environments.

Get ready for a reboot!

pi_divider.png

Jakku was a world much like the one that Akar hailed from. It was dry, sad, and covered in the ruins of the past. It was a perfect testing ground, a place to demonstrate to the Galaxy just what the director hoped to accomplish with this project of passion. He had sent out a call to those of the scientific world to attend an exposition, a lavish event supplied by their own in-house engineering and self-sustaining ecosystem. The venue was set, and inventors flocked to show off their tech. Many, of course, were here to find people to fund them.

Funding. A gross, endless cycle that burned creative passion. Akar would let them come. He wanted something more; The creative spark of hopes and dreams, those driven to move the stars in the sky. Whistful perhaps, but the Phoenix Initiative was built on the dream of making the galaxy a better place. Hopefully he could display such motivation today.

The Radiant Lounge, their on-station cantina, had been converted into a venue space for the event. Director Rhonvogg had made his way up to the stage, awkwardly tapping at the microphone staged for him. A briliant man with charisma, he was notably still a bit odd in his mannorisma.

"Uh, howdy folks," Akar began, his voice slightly warped by his rebreather mask. "It's a pleasure to have you all down here, or up here rather. 10,000 kilometers above the surface of a rather dusty world, not too dissimilar from my own home... Regardless, there is some time before our main presentation, and many of you have worked tirelessly to prepare your works of art for presentation to our guests here today. For all those lost in our termultuous galaxy, I eagerly await the brilliant things your minds have dreamed up. Of course, I'll be attending to the venue personally, so feel free to send your concerns to my attendants so that problems can reach my ears quickly and efficiently. Thank you all for being in here today."

The exposition had begun.

OOC: Hey all! This here is something a little new, a science based expo thread for people looking to show off their tech, and of course a bit of a first intro for my new minor faction to introduce the concept for those who may be interested. Basically its an expo based around inventions intended on fixing the problems of a galaxy, and it is in Galactic Alliance space, so folks of the Sithy or terrorist persuasion are probably not a good fit for this thread. Also, this is a strictly non-violent event, so please don't bring anything more than verbal conflict aboard. Thanks in advance!

Tempo, a young and resourceful Dracelvarian, arrives at the Ecosystems of the Future Scientific Exposition with a keen interest in terraforming technologies. Living on Tatooine, a harsh desert planet, he nurtures an ambition to 're-green' the deserts, making them more hospitable. Due to his limited resources and lack of wealth, Tempo travels to the exposition on a modest shuttle.

Upon arrival, his eyes are immediately drawn to innovations and advancements in ecological restoration and terraforming. This exposition, hosted by the Phoenix Initiative, is an ideal platform for Tempo to explore and possibly acquire technologies that could aid in his ambitious project to transform the arid landscapes of Tatooine. His keen interest in this field is driven by his experiences and aspirations to make a positive impact on his home planet.

His heart raced with excitement as he wandered through displays showcasing groundbreaking technologies that promised to breathe life into barren landscapes. With each exhibit, his dreams of a greener Tatooine grew more vivid. He absorbed every detail, his mind whirling with ideas on how these marvels could be applied to his desert home.

However, Tempo was ever mindful of his meager resources. As he navigated through the exposition, he sought out cost-effective solutions, his keen eyes spotting technologies that were both innovative and affordable. He engaged in earnest discussions with the inventors, explaining his vision for Tatooine and inquiring about the feasibility of implementing these technologies on a budget.

However, Tempo was ever mindful of his meager resources. As he navigated through the exposition, he sought out cost-effective solutions, his keen eyes spotting technologies that were both innovative and affordable. He engaged in earnest discussions with the inventors, explaining his vision for Tatooine and inquiring about the feasibility of implementing these technologies on a budget.

Tasander Arceneau, Tass to his friends, was the proud owner of a pre-owned synthicator complete with big dreams. The P.I.X. exposition offered an unparalleled opportunity for opportunities, you might say. He moved from stall to stall, taking in what looked missing. There might be unusual niches where an ambitious young person could make a name. After various adventures in flight suits and hazard gear, specialized worksuits were on his mind. He'd spent most of the last few weeks picking through open-source protective suit blueprints and learning how his synthicator worked. Every few stalls, he posed questions about these companies' hazard gear and related items. He kept notes in a small, battered notebook that he'd lugged across fifty worlds.

While grabbing a pamphlet about industrial-grade self-contained hydroponic modules, he bumped into Tempo Tempo , who had the look of a fellow young traveler with limited resources.

"Oh, sorry-"

"No weapons within the exposition sir..."

Snorting, Ijaat smiled as he pulled his helmet off and sat it on a nearby table. With a shrug, he began by dropping a beskar-clad shotgun onto the table. A pair of DE-10s. A faintly glowing beskad. A Mandalorian energy shield. A kal knife. Detachable punch-knives from the handplates of his armor. Two pair of knuckle-dusters. Various ammo packs and cells. A bandolier of explosives. A droid deactivation hold-out blaster. Assorted weapons modules from his gauntlets. At the end of it, the poor receptionist was eyeing Ijaat with something akin to fear mingled with wonder and a tinge of disgust given the man's Coruscanti upbringing.

Clipping his helmet to his hip via a belt-holder, he flopped his hat out of the belt pouch it had been mysteriously folded up into. With a fan it popped to a battered shape rather like a self-erecting camping tent or emergency shelter. Placing it on his head, he tugged the brim to the receptionist and took the chit that printed out from the being's handheld datapad that would allow him to retrieve things later, and sauntered into the Expo just in time to hear the opening remarks from Akar Rhonvogg Akar Rhonvogg . He entirely missed the chuckling remarks from someone behind him about weapons being an apparent part of Mandalorian religion. Or maybe it was a stutter, and they meant it seriously. Who knew?

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau had directed him to this Expo to make inroads in their joint project, and so he had come. As the speaker descended the podium, Ijaat approached politely, raising his hands in a disarming gesture of piece. Stripped to bare bones or not, Mandalorian armor was often intimidating and dangerous seeming, but he needed to be wearing it today, to make a point.

"Msr. Rhonvogg, a moment of your time, if I might? Ijaat Mereel, a Mandalorain metallurgist. I have a project I could use your help on, and wanted to discuss such..."

Several startled glances came his way at the cultured, crisp accented voice that he spoke in. What? Was he supposed to drag his knuckles and grunt "Ooga booga beskar?" and point to communicate with others? Force some people....

Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau | Tempo Tempo |

the_plan_2.png

Jakku, Radiance Home
Tags: Tempo Tempo , Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau , Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

pi_divider.png

"Msr. Rhonvogg, a moment of your time, if I might? Ijaat Mereel, a Mandalorain metallurgist. I have a project I could use your help on, and wanted to discuss such..."

"Ah, Mandalorian," Akar noted. "I've met a few of your kind before. My tribe exchanged goods with one of your wardens out in the dune sea when I was a lad. Seemed a polite fellow if I recall..."

The man let out an awkward chuckle, scratching at his shoulder for a moment.

"Sorry, I'm prone to ramble," he apologized. "A moment of my time you may have. I seem to have..." Akar stopped for a moment to listen to the chatter on his comm link. Nothing serious from his staff yet. "No present obligations to fulfill. Metallurgy, huh? I dabble with a bit of that in my spare time. Regardless, I could help with this matter of yours. Projects come and go you see, and we do a lot here. The galaxy keeps moving after all, and we have... big aspirations."

Akar tucked his hands into the pockets of his lab coat. He was a simple man, really. The fellow before him hadn't mentioned that Mandalorian Enclave. Perhaps he was of a different band of armored warriors. That hardly mattered, of course, but it was important to consider. The Phoenix Initiative was an organization of peace and development, not of warfare. Handing something over to the Mandalorians that they could use to make weapons was something that he was catagorically against.

"All I need is a good pitch," the director stated, plain and simple. "Just give me a non-warfare application for whatever it is you're looking to get rolling and you're the Glet-mite's knees, simple as that. I'm sure you came with good intentions, but I sorta have to state that as a checkbox thing. 'Trust but verify' and all."

It was better to have the verbal confirmation if nothing else.

"So, what can I help you with?"

Last edited:
Theme

"Let me preface this by saying I represent no one faction, government, or political interest. Just a man working with others to right a great wrong. Your organization could play a vital part in a restoration project I represent. The ancestral homeland of my people, the Mandalorians, has been rocked by cataclysmic warfare and disaster again and again. It is infested with monsters, irradiated, the atmosphere unstable. I come to the Phoenix Initiative and yourself to propose we test your technologies and aims on my home. Mandalore was never a paradise, but it should not be as it is now."

He spoke clearly, ardently. There was passion and steel in his voice, all wrapped in patience. Outsiders and younglings couldn't understand to many Mandalorians the displacement felt by being uprooted from their home. While nomadic life came easy to the mando'ade, he couldn't say anything felt good about having no option to return back home when he walked this mortal coil. And really, the sum ultima of the blame lay squarely on his shoulders. What he had done, whether unhinged and maddened or not, had been the beginning of the end for his planet.

"This wouldn't be charity work. I and my partners have both credits and resources to more than compensate you and yours for time and resources spent. We also would love to work with your people to enhance and expand your offerings to grander scale and capability, so that in turn such service may be offered to others displaced and in need. While often Mandalorians are the cause of such, we are not mindless war mongers. This will serve to remind others of that fact, I hope. In such times, it is needed I suppose..."

Not meaning to ignore the comments, he smiled and spoke one last time.

"I don't mean to ignore pleasantries, but one thing that can be said for most of my people is we are direct and focused when on a mission. Though when Mandalore is alive again, I would love to have you to the Northern Mountains, to my clanhome, and there speak at length over a good drink on personal matters."

Akar Rhonvogg Akar Rhonvogg

the_plan_2.png

Jakku, Radiance Home
Tags: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

pi_divider.png

"Now those are big aspirations," Akar remarked, a hint of elation in his tone. "I like the cut of your cloth, Mr. Mereel. So many people are fixated on the short term. Fixing a planet? That takes a delicate and strategic hand."

The director procured a datapad, beginning to flip through his research notes. Tatooine was, of course, a long standing personal goal of his, but what better way to perfect the technology to teraform worlds then putting Mandalore back together. It was, after all, a supposedly cursed world. Abandoned by the Mandalorian Enclave, pressure bombed by the Empire, Mandalore was a hellscape that nobody had the nerves to touch with a thousand meter pole. Of course, Akar was not that kind of man. The scientist was anything if not ambitious.

"The funds are welcome, of course," he noted. "I'm no fool. You need resources to do just about anything these days. Regardless, you've tickled the fancy part of my brain that wants to do great things, friend. Fixing the cursed world? That does fill me with a sense of excitement. You just so happen to be in a spot of luck for the purpose of today's venue. I have been working on technology aimed at re-introducing ecosystems into hostile environments to promote planetary recovery, the beginning steps of the thing that I believe you are seeking. We'll be demonstrating the after-effects in a short period of time. That should give you an idea of the current state of the technology."

How exciting indeed. Akar was like a kid on lifeday. The sands of fate were shifting, and here he was at the center of some great movement to change the tide of history in the galaxy. The director of the Phoenix Initiative was a humble man, but one thing he astrived to achieve was the thing that ancient philosophers strived to preform for eons: Great Work.

This was Great Work.

Despite being incredibly busy, Makai had been toying with the idea of going into the seaweed farming business. Not just seaweed, but also other various other ocean vegetation. An odd fixation for someone looking to be the next mining titan but being part aquatic the ocean was never far from his mind.

During his time at university he had learned quite a bit about regenerative ocean farming using a mixture of shellfish, fin-fish, and ocean vegetation to create a closed loop system. Better on the climate and a relatively easy process, even primitive, once it was underway.

With the idea floating around, he wandered through the Expo looking to fund any ocean or mining related products. He never knew when the next solution to Sedna Mining and Salacia Consolidated's problems could be found.

Plus it was a way to feel out the Phoenix Initiative, find out what their goal was in the 'verse.

Smiling, Ijaat tugged his hat brim almost reflexively in a rare gesture of respect to the scientist in front of him. He might be a warrior by calling, but his heart truly dwelt in the smithy, making things. To see another like mind encouraged him greatly, and he raised a flask hidden from one of his pouches and toasted.

"Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it"

The old words for an agreement made spoken, he offered the businessman a grin after taking a swig himself, being kind enough to warn him.

"In my culture, we seal bargains of such import often enough with a drink and those words. They stand for honoring the Truth, Vision, and subject of the Pact itself. You may want to forgo the drink, as tihaar is bracing, but I am pleased to have your aid to my people, sir."

Akar Rhonvogg Akar Rhonvogg | Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell | Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau | Tempo Tempo

PX5sxwP.png

The arrival of an armed frigate was occasionally a cause for concern in the galaxy. However, the Horizon was a known quantity to the Phoenix Initiative. It carried the CEO of DDSI - Dynamic Discoveries and Scientific Initiatives. This corporation and its CEO were new members of Phoenix, and the DDSI Horizon was primarily a research platform, not a warship.

Once the ship docked, Derron disembarked. He usually wore the components of a space suit when on-the-job, being a hands-on administrator of the company. He was often in the field, in the most exotic environments. But today was a scientific expo, and so today he was more formally dressed in the attire of his station as CEO.

tusKZ1K.png

He was accompanied by several of his employees, and a servitor droid pushing a grav-sled. They went on to set up a booth for DDSI on the expo floor. It was a small table outlining the mission of DDSI and how it aligned with the principles of the Phoenix Initiative. There were brochures extolling scientific inquiry and discovery as a viable business model.

Displays further supported the pamphlets and brochures, showing estimates outlining millions of credits of marketable data potential on even 'uninteresting' worlds that couldn't support humanoid life. Other displays showed the benefit of mapping new hyperspace routes, allowing avenues of trade that avoided embattled systems or pirate-infested space. Every item showed millions of credits of potential income to be gleaned from the various activities of DDSI research frigates.

Derron had no illusions about the nature of the galaxy's denizens. Whatever the benefits of pure science and research, the grease on the wheels of progress was made from credits.

Derron excused himself as his employees set everything up, and went to tour the expo grounds.

Last edited:
He was always listening. His friend Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris always kept Vooltroo in the loop of things that were going on in the galaxy that could really be beneficial to him. There was a need in the galaxy for people like him and her, and his other friend Hoku. Where was the Selkath, any how?

Vooltroo was probably not the best to send to this type of expo, but Dani was busy with her work on Belazura. The world was being rewilded but for Dani, she was the mastermind behind the aspects of the social change. Finding and creating a group who could live together and work together. While she was changing minds with that ZINO group of hers, he and Hoku were applying the science.

Vooltroo did not care for Jakku but being above the world was nice. Being above the world on a greenhouse made him remember the old herd ships of his childhood.

the_plan_2.png

Jakku, Radiance Home
Tags: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel , Vooltroo Vooltroo , Tempo Tempo , Tass Arceneau Tass Arceneau , Derron Daks Derron Daks

pi_divider.png

"In my culture, we seal bargains of such import often enough with a drink and those words. They stand for honoring the Truth, Vision, and subject of the Pact itself. You may want to forgo the drink, as tihaar is bracing, but I am pleased to have your aid to my people, sir."

"You can leave me behind a shot," Akar told him. "Mask stays on. I... have a culture of my own I follow. I'll take the drink in private. I'd like to think my tolerance for strong brew is higher than the average fellow."

It was a sign of good faith. Director Rhonvogg was a man of two worlds; Science and Mythology. He left his people and went into exile to persue the ways of knowledge and advancement, a sacrifice he made to push forward the flame of civilization. Yet still, a part of him clung onto his cultural identity, even in his state of spiritual isolation.

It was for the greater good.

"Here's my contact info," the Director offered, handing over a card. "You may deliver it to your partner as you see fit. My facility and her minds will be ready to begin working at the earliest convenience. In the meantime, enjoy the venue. I'd like to speak with a few more attendants before moving on to the main demonstration."

He'd give the Mandalorian a polite tip of his barrette before setting off into the expo to meet with more like-minded folk looking to pitch their projects.

If the first was any indicator, this was to be a productive night.

Kasmion Duun made himself the next to approach Akar Rhonvogg Akar Rhonvogg - not by anything so crass as direct influence, but by presence. He gripped the lapels of his robe and snugged it tight across his neck, firm down his chest, like a soldier settling armor. The simple gesture made Kasmion feel at home, grounded, on this unknown station.

"DIrector Rhonvogg, I'm Kasmion Duun of Kesh. I'm involved in environmental restoration on and around my homeworld. Could I bend your ear for a moment?"

the_plan_2.png

Jakku, Radiance Home
Tags: Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel , Tempo Tempo , Vooltroo Vooltroo , Kasmion Duum Kasmion Duum , Derron Daks Derron Daks

pi_divider.png

"DIrector Rhonvogg, I'm Kasmion Duun of Kesh. I'm involved in environmental restoration on and around my homeworld. Could I bend your ear for a moment?"

"Ah, you most certainly can," Akar nodded. "I'm familiar with some of Kesh's history. I found it important to study up on the Hundred Years of Darkness for my work. I'm afraid that the present situation on the planet is less known to me, unfortunately. Still, I may be of some assistance regardless."

Environmental restoration was his main goal after all. If Akar could make his resources available to worlds that needed it to rebuild, especially after blights on the galaxy like the Empire and Sith, or the later Maw and Bryn'adul. If there was work to be done, there was something that Director Rhonvogg had to personally see that he undertsood to improve the lives of his fellow sentients in the galaxy. It was just a matter of tackling things one at a time.

"If you're willing to offer some specifics, I'd be more then willing to include Kesh as one of many worlds we hope to bring environmental aid to," he added. "We'll be demonstrating some new tech later tonight that may be of interest to your cause."

"I'm sure you're familiar with the Scar Worlds. My homeworld Kesh is one of the most remote."

Kasmion was referring to the region of the Outer Rim and Wild Space that had been crushed by the xenocidal Bryn'adul around thirty years ago. Thanks to some inordinately subtle telepathy, Akar Rhonvogg Akar Rhonvogg would have a strong mental image of a map: a region stretching across a significant portion of the galaxy's eastern end, the way things had been when Kasmion was a boy: the extent of the Bryn'adul eradications.

CHE8Dym.png

The Bryn'adul had often terraformed these worlds, ecologically devastating them, making their atmospheres caustic and eradicating their populations. Being knowledgeable in planetary reclamation technologies, Rhonvogg would certainly be familiar with some of the impacted worlds and the work that had been done to restore and reclaim them — at least, the more high-profile ones. Much of the region was still known by the appelation 'Scar Worlds,' and life out there was cruel.

"As you could imagine, I have a strong interest in the technologies here today. I'm prepared to make significant arrangements to ensure my homeworld gets the consideration and opportunity it has so often been denied."

the_plan_2.png

Jakku, Radiance Home
Tags: Kasmion Duum Kasmion Duum , Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel , Tempo Tempo , Vooltroo Vooltroo , Derron Daks Derron Daks

pi_divider.png

"As you could imagine, I have a strong interest in the technologies here today. I'm prepared to make significant arrangements to ensure my homeworld gets the consideration and opportunity it has so often been denied."

"As you should," Director Rhonvogg nodded. "Should those of the Scar Worlds still seek solutions, PI is happy to accomidate. After the demonstration of our latest tech, I would be happy to arrange a meeting with you and your people to discuss more intimate specifics of environmental reconstruction, should you find what you see to be satisfactory to your needs."

It was a small start, but a step in the right direction. Worlds like those battered by the Bryn in the Outer Rim would surely benefit a great detail from the tech that they had. Speaking of, the time was drawing near to finally display what it was they had so rigerously worked on, as indicated by a tap on his shoulder by one of his staff members. Akar would give a nod before shifting his attention back to Kasmion.

"Ah, it seems preperations are complete for the demonstration," he noted.

It was time to change the course of the galaxy.

"Ah, it seems preperations are complete for the demonstration," he noted.
Akar's state of mind was a firebrand. Whatever he planned, he believed in its significance. Interesting.

"By all means, Director. Until next time."

Kasmion drifted off into the crowd and found himself near Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel who, to a telepath, felt like rather a lot. After attending a number of functions of this kind, Kasmion had a knack for feeling whether someone was here for greed or ambition or personal investment or just as a job. If he was any judge of these things, the human was firmly in the 'personally invested' camp.

"Hello, I'm Kasmion Duum. I'm from Kesh in the Scar Worlds. What brings you?"

Last edited:
Ijaat turned, eyeing the Keshiri in a wary way before he dipped his head in response. The man could feel just the same as he did, if in a different way.. Very obviously not a Jedi, but one to be wary of. The Iron Father managed a smile as he sighed.

"Much the same as you, from what I overheard. Though Mandalore is not as bad off these days as some of the Bryn, it is certainly not well, and most of my people have abandoned it for this reason. I am to restore much of the reduced native flora and fauna, and make the atmosphere more hospitable overall. Not a paradise, my people would be off put by a lush world to call home. But somewhere the Clans can call home and find respite from war on."

He saw no reason to lie to the man before him, and decided that he liked the only person in the room with enough oomph to approach a fully armored Mandalorian and question him. Unlikely to happen at such an event, given how most warily eyed his gear and himself.

Kasmion Duum Kasmion Duum

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom