Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overrun | CIS Dominion of Rodia

Mission: Destroy Baanu Harlo

[member="Nilia Saavilin"], [member="Katria Vekarr"], [member="Kalee Bladesworn"], [member="Maxerian Gron"], [member="Koda Fett"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Flavia Protanus"], [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Kilia"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Nyx"], [member="Varik Ice"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Akabane Jarvik"], [member="Mirvak"], [member="Er'in Tenel][/spoiler]

[I]Darth Metus was Dead.[/I]

Not in the physical sense, mind. Rather, every fiber of his being was screaming in protest. Long before the commencement of the operation, when all the operatives were assembling within the dropship, the Sith Lord knelt. His form was silent, taking up as little space within their transport as possible. He spoke no words - even when the Confederate task force entered the vessel. He made no greetings, even when his Apprentices joined his side. All he did was kneel before the saberstaff which hung, suspended, by his telekinesis.

Yet. As the vessel ascended into the air, Darth Metus' meditations resonated with the weapon. In a word, he [I]attuned[/I] himself to the harmony of the lambent crystal stored within - forcing himself to perceive a different spectrum. To [I]be apart[/I] of a different spectrum. This was a task that he had not undertaken in decades...and frankly, it had not become easier over time. However. When it was all said and done...those [I]sensitive[/I] to the Force would feel a void where Darth Metus once knelt.

While he was certainly there physically, all that he was in the Force was gone.

And the saberstaff fell to the earth with a solid thunk.

It was...Strange...to be a mere mortal once again. To walk as he once did as an uninitiated whelp a lifetime ago. Yet, Darth Metus was more than his powers. He was a warrior, cultivated in the fires of Mandalore. He did not need the Force in order to be effective - and that was exactly what he was banking on today. Today, he had forfeited it all in favor of [I]Vongsense[/I]. Today, he had suspended his godhood in order to give his Confederacy an edge. Several minutes of transit later, it was then time to depart. Flanked, as always, by his pupils, Darth Metus soon crept his way towards Baanu Harla.

Following the lead of the operate, Katria Vekarr, did the Sith breach the closest entrance. This led him into the Hatchery, where a plethora of pods hung from the ceiling. Their grotesque forms came in a number of shades, but all closely resembled the hue of mucus. Yet, to the sulfuric gaze of the Sith, there was more. He could [I]sense[/I] the abominations budding inside. Growing. Contorting. [I]Shaping.[/I] He could [I]feel[/I] that...[B]Chit.[/B]

[COLOR=#ff8c00]"Heads up."[/COLOR] he breathed, discreetly alerting his comrades over the channel. [COLOR=#ff8c00]"They're...Hatching."[/COLOR]

[I]Squealch. Squiiiish.[/I] One by one, the pods slithered from the ceiling, as if suddenly weighed down by the occupants within. The mucus-hued sacs simply burst upon touching the ground, scattering their slimy contents upon the floor. Steam rolled forth from the fluid; as well as off of the bodies of the freshly hatched creatures. The [I]Vongsense[/I] allowed the Sith to vaguely identify the larger beasts as [URL="http://starwars.wikia.com/Vagh_Rodiek"]Vagh Rodiek[/URL] and the smaller creatures as fresh amphistaffs. Kidnapping the locals in order to shape them.

Unforgivable.

Now was the time to put these vermin down, for good.

Rodia, Refugee Camp, Unspecified Time

"...Did you?"

Despite the circumstances, it was clear that both her and Nilia were trying to keep the situation light; despite turning up nicely dressed in clothes that weren't made for walking around a war-zone or any kind of rough terrain like a refugee camp, they both sensed that with the gathering crowds of people coming to meet them by the gates, turning around and leaving now would perhaps be even more disheartening to the people gathered atop their already incredible misfortune. Despite the situation given to them, the painter and the diplomat saw a chance to turn a miserable scenario into one that could help, even if it were by a small margin. Flavia led the way into the camp, the crowds seeming to part to either side as they let the two enter and walk through the camp, garnering more than several looks; it must have been weird to these people, misery and war being constantly pressed down on their heads to now see two finely dressed women walk through their camp with one of them seeming to carry a load of painting equipment. Still, even from them just walking, it seemed to change the atmosphere. Children who had once sat around cowering were now running to find their mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters to bring them to whatever was about to be unveiled.

Flavia found a nice open spot within the center of the camp as she began to set up everything she could. Crowds began to gather, watching and waiting. The second trial of her career was about to begin for it was not only a large crowd she had to deal with but a war-torn environment and the sea of refugees that took up their spots as spectators, watching the Glaucus with interest, waiting to see just what she would do. In truth, deep within she was reciting every curse she could under the sun, mostly thanks to the predicament she now found herself in. It wasn't the refugees nor was it the fact that the CIS must have muddled up something or rather but rather that she had rarely had any interactions with kids or refugees for that matter. She imagined they wanted food and water and an end to their struggles rather than her sitting around painting but... There wasn't a lot else she could do, thus she came to the only sane conclusion that anyone would in her shoes.

Put on a show.

She began to call out; "Face painting! Portraits! Anything you want!"

Reactions were, no doubt, slow at first, people seeming to come to terms with what was being advertised in the middle of a refugee camp, of all places. Still, it took some moments until a child came from out of the crowd and came towards the painter. The young girl stopped just a few steps away before asking; "...Would you paint my mummy?"

Flavia was speechless.

Still, a request had been made and silently she agreed with a nod. The girl slipped back into the sea of people and eventually returned, her mother quite literally in tow. Flavia had her source material and she quickly got to work, using bright vibrant colors and an overall upbeat tone to the painting itself, something to help take the edge of the reality that surrounded them.

Something must have clicked among the crowd, then, as they began to shuffle around, create lines, wait patiently.

It was going to be a long, hard process but it was a start.

Flavia might have even felt a sense of pride, like she was doing something for the greater good for a change.

[member="Nilia Saavilin"]

Objective: Land like a badass, Then destroy chit.

Holding onto the railing of the dropship, It was flying closer and closer to the establishment that would be of the Vong. These creatures were the ones that aided my father in the corruption of his body and mind. While these were not the beings themselves, they were very much the same mind set. After aiding the CIS once before, and having a few connections to those within their orders, I decided to do more to help them. While I was not an official member of their military, I was listed as an ally of Darth Metus, and his Dark Acolytes.

This time, I came alone. While there were other troopers that would be dropping with me, it was only going to happen as soon as hell broke loose. Hearing the voice of one female over the com channel saying she would go for the command, and various others headed to the other places such as the main storage, or even generators of the camp. I thought it would be a good idea to head over to the living quarters. Indicating this to the pilot, He slowed down to keep the ship from being detected. High enough off the ground that those below couldn't hear the ship. I smiled at this fact.

Adjusting myself, I rolled my shoulders and neck. Waiting, anticipating the moment for when I could land an assault the compound. Meh, I decided to do it anyways. The reason I would give was to create a distraction, and attack the main forces of the compound because it seemed like creatures were being born and spawned. In which case, would draw all the attention towards them. I made the call. I made the choice.

"Dropping down."

I then took a step off of the ship, and fell.

I could hear on the chatter of the coms with the soldiers above me that I was jumping without my harness or my parachute. I smiled brightly. There was no need for me to do so, or to use the items. I simply let the force flow over me. I let myself become connected with it. Becoming a being of the force, not an extension of it. Dropping down, the loud wind rushing past me calmed me for a moment. Allowing my thoughts to gather for but a moment as I used the force to slow my descent. Only I stopped after a quick second.

Solidifying myself and my body. Using the techniques of the Matukai Force order to make myself sturdy as Beskar. Dropping down, I landed hard into the dirt. The loud impact sent everything within a five meter radius to blow up and into the air. Landing down, I was crouched to lessen the impact, with my hand on the ground. I righted myself without a problem as dirt and debris was still falling from the impact. Looking up, I could hear the sirens going off as I had made touchdown. Drawing my coveted weapon of "Oathkeeper," I let the singing of metal slide from it's sheath and become connected to me on a deeper level than anything else.

"Awww, you guys don't like the idea of a garden in the center of your compound do you? Let's talk about it."

Asantas

The Doctor is in
Mission: Follow Metus and Collect Vong Tech

After waiting for what felt like forever she saw [member="Darth Metus"]'s ship finally show up and climbed on down to join him with the others as they made there way into the Hatchery, A creepy place filled with hanging egg sacs with heaven knows what inside waiting to be hatched but also a place to gain tech well that would be the case she took out her daggers and tightly gripped them as Metus told them over the comm that they are hatching. Right on que the pods fell and burst open unleashing there newest horrors she would be doing them a favor when these horrors are put to death rather then be used by the Vong responsible for creating them, She couldn't very well sense the beasts with the force but she wasn't that well trained in such things to begin with so she simply relied on her instincts as she kept her daggers in her hands and kept her guard up, She would attack first but that would be not a wise move due to the fact she knows little about what these beasts are capable of and only will wait to see if she can see any openings to safely go for.

[member="Nilia Saavilin"], [member="Katria Vekarr"], @Kalee Bladesworn, [member="Maxerian Gron"], @Koda Fett, @Kurenai Yumi, [member="Flavia Protanus"], @Daxton Bane,[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], @Nyx, [member="Varik Ice"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Akabane Jarvik"], [member="Mirvak"], @Er'in Tenel

Srina didn’t like whatever it was that her Master was up to. She sat with crash webbing secured, silvered eyes fixated on his form, as they so often were, apprehension rolling through her in waves. The small Echani warrior had never come into contact with the Yuuzhan Vong before. She didn’t know much about them, save for the fact that the suffering they had caused, locked them in an existence outside of the force. She had her lightsaber, as she rarely traveled without it, but she also had two weapons designed to punch through their organic armor. The All-Fate was a disruptor rifle her Master had made available within the Confederacy.

The other, titled the Vora, was something she’d come across in her travels. Both weapons offered the ability to vaporize armor, and punish the wearer, extremely quickly. The All-Fate she wore in a sling over her back and the Vora rest in a sturdy holster on her thigh. Between that, her Starfire armor, and the Bodo Baas Gunbelt she wore, she felt prepared for most anything.

Her skin began to crawl when she realized she couldn’t feel Darth Metus any longer. Not through the Force as she usually did. The Echani sucked in a small breath, but didn’t outwardly complain, despite the sense of extreme discomfort. She knew that he was present, she could see him, but the warmth that had always guided her had all but evaporated. No. Srina Talon did NOT like this aspect of the plan at all.

She visually shadowed her Master, mindful of their surroundings, especially because the Yuuzhan Vong could not be sensed through the force. As she went, she motioned to [member="Varik Ice"], hoping he would follow their lead in the darkness. She could also feel others close by, such as Katria and Katrine, but she didn’t seem them in the glom. If they both arrived at the same destination, one group could split off to the barracks, easy enough. The Hatchery was just a good place to begin.

In some ways, it was a trip back to her roots, back to a time when relying on some seemingly magical force would have made her laugh. Holos described the creatures they were soon to face in excruciating detail. They were ‘brutal, merciless, and unstoppable’ according to some documentaries. Srina agreed with all of it save for the very last word.

Nothing was unstoppable.

Katria Vekarr gave the orders for each of their units to begin planting bombs in areas of the base, and most everyone, seemed to comply without difficulty. It was not the nature of the Confederacy to quibble over whom gave the order, unless, there was something wrong with it. They all had their part to play. Srina herself carried a rucksack full of high yield explosives. It wouldn’t kill all of the Vong, but it would, make their numbers easier to manage. Without their bio-generators, ships, and random biots to do their bidding their central infrastructure would be worthless.

Any of the law-abiding, helpful Yuuzhan Vong had long since been destroyed by these more vicious, more immoral beasts. If citizens of Rodia were being held prisoner for shaping, they would do everything they could to free them, but the notion was unlikely. The Vong did not waste time. Once taken, the Rodian was as good as dead, if not worse.

They entered the Hatchery without being noticed and the white-haired woman did her best not to breathe. It smelled of foul things, reminiscent of toxic waste, or the dredges of a reclamation facility. It was even worse than the lower levels of Coruscant—Which was saying something. The walls of the Hatchery seemed alive, veined and moving, almost as is it breathed. A thick layer of slime coated everything, covering her boots, making the floor slippery. Her voice was a bare whisper when she spoke to the group. “The floor feels covered in some sort of fluid. It’s slick. Like…Thick oil.”

“Don’t fall.”

What really caught her attention was when her Master breathed a warning. Srina generally had a strong stomach, but she would have been lying, to say that her stomach didn’t roll when creatures burst from the sacs. The pale haired woman pulled the silent Vora from the holster on her hip and aimed down at one of the snake-like amphistaffs. It was a disgusting beast. Silvered eyes remained cold when she began to put holes in the slithering creatures, and the larger ones, doing her best to aim for the ‘head’ and make the least noise possible. The Hatchery was well insulated by thick fleshy walls. With any luck, as it protected its contents, the organic nursey would also keep their secrets.

By the time the remains were found, it would be too late.

Once she got rid of enough of the creatures she pulled a bomb from her back and attached it to the base of the Hatchery. There were three more structures nearby, just like this one, that would need the same treatment. Srina spoke lowly into her comm, though quickly, and grimaced at the thought of what it would take to clean her armor later. Her words were for all teams to hear. “Our first set of explosives for the Hatchery have been planted and primed. We have three more units to go. All other squads, if possible, what's your status?”

Srina stood back up and held her Vora with two hands. She actually used it to lift a thin skin-like filament, or curtain, that separated them from the next area. In no way, shape, or form did she want any of the slime on her hands. Gloved, or not. Were they not on a stealth mission she would have had some additional choice words for her Master. Most of which would have sarcastically revolved around how he never failed to take her to the ‘nicest of places’.

“All clear.”, she murmured, keen eyes taking in the area, scouting for any guards, or hardworking shapers burning the midnight oil. “We should be careful through here. The barracks aren’t far.”

After all of their careful planning, they definitely didn’t want to wake the Vong before it was time. That would be suicide.

Srina thought everything was going well, until a loud boom sounded somewhere further in Baanu Harla, and sonic reverberations rolled through the ground. She could very faintly feel the tremor through her boots. Everything was connected via biot systems that ran beneath the ground, and twining vines began to light up, pumping bright colors up the walls of the Hatchery. A loud keening wail broke the stillness of the air and the Echani could feel the blood in her veins turning to ice. Someone or something had skipped around their STEALTHY game plan and tripped the alarms.

In the words of her Master, rarely heard from the elegant Echani herself, she swore. “Chit.”

[member="Katria Vekarr"] | [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] | [member="Maxerian Gron"] | [member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Kilia"] | [member="Nyx"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Varik Ice"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Darth Metus"]

Location: Around the Hatchery (3) and Birthing/Shaping Chambers (5)
Tag: [member=Nyx] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Katria Vekarr"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Varik Ice"] [member="Flavia Protanus"] [member="Nilia Saavilin"] [member=Kilia] [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Maxerian Gron"] [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] [member="Ignis Imura"]

Armor:Weapons:

As Katrine waited on Katria's answer and some grenades, Kurenai spoke behind her, her head turned to look at her sideways. The pale girl would have appreciate if she held of explosions? Her eyes narrowed as she waited her, hearing something about needing to wait for others to get into position. "But if we kaboom this part," her hand gestured lightly towards the hatchery even though she didn't know that was what they were, "doesn't that give us less targets to deal with?" To her, her idea was perfectly sound. Okay, so she really wanted to blow something up and bellow a warrior cry rather than sneaking about but that was the second thing.

Katria distracted her, her head turning to look at the brunette as she moved closer to her, hanging her several explosives. Attach to the desired target, punch in the time and flip he remote activation switch. Seemed like a perfectly good waste of time to her. "Can I set the time and then attach?" Katrine didn't actually plan on walking over and attaching each and everyone of them. Which is why grenades seemed like super great. Remove the thing, send the thing to where it needed to kaboom. "What discussed time? I'm thinking a minute will be enough if everyone is set to go." Maybe she didn't keep with the time because she didn't get the whole set time to detonate. She couldn't recall mention of it right now though she might have been working hard on trying to recall what Nona told her about the bogeyman exactly.

Second bit of what Kurenai was talking about confusing Katrine big time. Did she know where to place the explosives to make a significant amount of structural damage? "Che?" She muttered a very confused what in Paecean. She didn't know anything about significant structural damages. "Three on the big one, one or two on the small ones is just gonna make everything go kaboom," she insisted at the volume of a whisper, trying to make her point. It made sense. Just then a voice came through her comm, despite the electronic receiver, she recognized it to be Kalee after a few words.

Next time, it was her friend again, talking to Kureai though Kat still listened. They were supposed to rig to make a clean exit. Oh. But how would they charge? "How do we charge exactly if we're rigging before the exit?" They honestly couldn't understand how much she wanted to charge and kill. It would be super great killing some boogeymen. Like, how could they not see that?

Someone or something passed beside her, it took her eyes to take attention to realize it was Uncle Isley, surprised by his presence to realize she hadn't felt him at all. "How..." Her mouth had only formed the word before he was gone, moving forward. If she couldn't feel his presence, he was up to something. That something would later require explanation. For now though, her index and middle fingers passed over the dirt, barely touching it before she ran it over her chick diagonally, expecting the fun to begin shortly. His voice came through the comm next, barely a whisper. Hatching. It seemed simple, the word and yet terrifying and inviting. "We should move. The party's starting without," she told to the side quietly before she began to move forward quietly, still holding on to the explosives Katria had given her. The sentries moved quietly into view and she concentrated again on the trees, forcing them to move quickly with a woosh, inspired by her memories of quick rancor movements on Dathomir. The sentries hurried to find the source of the sound and she slid against the entrance just as loud sound explosion came through, her body coming against the wall before she'd moved completely threw, unable to tell what it was. Sirens went off.

"No fair," Katrine decided as the sentries ran across, heading to the source of the disruptions. She ran across the space, passing the loud building where she could sense Srina. Uncle Isley should have been near by as well. So, that would make the building a place of hatching. So she moved, placing explosives around the building, three exactly before she slipped to the smaller structures, adding one on each of them, adjusting time and charging. When she finished with the third smaller building around the Hatchery, she realized the similar ahead, a whole lot more of them. "Not enough devices," Katrine muttered to herself before touching her ear piece and whispering into it: "We need more devices. They're set for half an hour. Should be enough tie for looting. Still don't know why we don't kaboom it all right now. Ceta out." She informed briefly before removing her hand and continuing, using up what she had of the explosives on the first of the barracks, moving slowly and as quietly as she possibly could.

She froze as she heard ruckus ahead, coming from within the barracks. A chill rose up the back of neck. Tornare, a familiar voice called out to her. Tornare ora, the voice insisted again. A very small part of Katrine wanted to finish the job, reaching for her riffle to get a grip on it but another part of her was actually afraid to move ahead, even with her weapon at the ready. Indietro. Adesso, Katrina. The command was clear. Katrine trusted this spirit as she edged back, slowly trying to make her way back to the hatchery which was far more familiar ground.

Commotion in the Barracks grew louder as she moved back; quick, loud, terrifying sounds reaching her ears as she moved. Looking back to make sure she was going, Katrine still walked as her hand moved to her ears to activate the device again. "The sleepers are awake," she sounded off, adjusting her riffle. Katrine could totally agree with Kurenai about not using explosives right away. Completely. But as the first Vong came out of the barracks, screeching in some odd sound that made no sense to her, the Lupine stared at him for a good second before Ceta spoke to her: Suona il grido, chiama i tuoi guerrieri! The spirit was right, Katrine realized. She was a warrior, a witch, a Dathomirian, a wolf. The boogeyman wasn't about to scare her out of here. She dropped the few remaining explosives and sounded the warrior cry before picking up her riffle. The Vong was already charging towards her as she fired straight at him.

Mission: Operation Not Subtle Reinforcements
Equipment: Songsteel Blade, Er'in's Robes, Personal Shield Generator, the Sisters

Er'in waited in the back of the silent hovering dropship, her eyes closed and her mind reaching out across the vast space around her, a smile playing across her features as she felt the burning pricks of power that marked her master and the other force-sensitive acolytes moving through the facility below.

"Evie?"

"Yes ma'am?" A sardonic, feminine droid answered.

"Make a note, some sort of alchemical locator for our non-sensitive operatives, so we can track them. We're not all Metus."

"Do I look like your secretary, mistress?" The tone would have withered a fully grown tree.

Er'in cracked an eye open to give the EG-5 unit a long, level stare, but then the stealth transport rocked silently and the loud rumble-crack of an explosive going off below rippled up and in through the open hatch.

(music)

"Ladies, sounds like they're playing our song." She responded, rising to her feet and reaching out with her mind to the faint point of white-grey fire that was her sister acolyte and apprentice [member="Srina Talon"] - she couldn't manage words yet, but she projected a sense of reassurance, dark fire and sensation of arrival even as she checked her outfit and stepped towards the open rear hatch, flanked by the two Jedi Hunter droids EG-5EV and EG-5RI. A brilliant fire ran through her soul - no one called on her for stealth missions, she and Darth Metus had quickly established that her force powers and approach were as subtle as blaster to the face. She'd expected to sit this particular one out, but now people - her people - actively needed her help. Her strength. Her power.

She leapt from the back of the hovering transport without hesitation, landing in the Entry Point with a thud that was drowned out by the noise of her two bodyguards landing and the noise of all three drawing songsteel blades. The echoes of the explosion reverbated around the complex and off the distant Rodian hills as she ran into the hideous biological construct in front of her. Fear rose in her throat, but it was less than an effort to channel that fear into her muscles, letting it drive her and mix with the anger at her heart and the thrill of battle. But still... the absolute absence of the force in obviously living creatures was horrific, alien, wrong.

But then, she was the 'it's all gone fething wrong' backup for a reason.

Evie leap forward with a glittering web of blades, forcing one of the newly hatching warbeasts back out of Er'in's path even as Rosie made a leap that by all rights should be force powered, not droid powered, and drove both her blades into the heart(s) of one of the six-limbed... things that was hauling itself out of the vile sacks of biomass - which meant bodies. Neither hunter droid would take down the warbeasts instantly, but that wasn't the point.

Er'in herself headed straight towards [member="Srina Talon"] and [member="Darth Metus"].

One of the clawed warbeasts ripped itself free of the hatching sack, lunging towards the two. Er'in reached out with one hand, feeling the warm heat in her soul and blowing gently on it, causing it to flare into brilliant life as force lightning rippled from her fingertips and arced into the flesh of the warbeast, burning lines of black, weeping wounds into the side of the creature and causing it to recoil. Then stumble as it turned towards her, slashing out with a claw. It took every inch of her concentration and passion to keep the lightning flowing as she stepped sideways and interposed her songsteel blade - even then the tip of the claw glanced off the armoured surface of her glove. It was strong.

But so was she, where it counted.

She snarled, drawing deep on the coil of power in her soul and then sent the lightning arcing down the conductive length of the soulsteel blade, ducking under the next swipe and driving the blade up into one of the gaps in the creature's armour, channeling her anger and hatred as such an abomination - at such a horror - straight into electric death that caused both it's redundant hearts to stop at once in a final spasm.

The blade withdrew with a wet noise and she glanced over at Darth Metus - oddly absent from the force, and Srina with a naturally passionate smile on her face, her tone of voice as she spoke light, breezy and aristocratic.

"Darlings! Shame on you! You started the party without me. I should almost pout."
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Kilia"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Darth Metus"]​

Mission: Destroy the Baanu Harla refuge.
Strategy: Stealth and distraction
Interacting with: @Katria Vekarr l @Katrine Van-Derveld
Nearby: @Varik Ice l [member="Koda Fett"]

"I did not say we were not blowing the place up, I was just pointing out the fact that making a grand entrance with said explosives before we destroy the hatchery would be ill advised", did they misinterpret what she meant, probably, Kurenai was very old fashion in that sense, but regardless she did not have command over this operation, she just hopped some of the newer members did not blow their cover in any way or deviated from the plan.

This was even more so with those participating in said mission, Vekarr she could understand, agent stealthy, [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] as she was a spell weaver, though the presence of [member="Srina Talon"] seemed a little odd. Kurenai knew the woman was powerful, strong and Metus apprentice, but she did not strike Kurenai as the sort to undertake a stealth mission, lastly there was Koda... why in the force was he here, and above all pared up with this group? If she did not have anything better to do Kurenai would not have hesitated to put slug in the bounty hunter back and leave him for dead, or was this commands idea of a sick joke? 'this is why I prefer to work with my own team'.

For now, though she would bear with it, order were orders regardless if they were a pain in the ass, and though said Mando was on Kurenai’s hit list, she wouldn't do anything rash to compromise his position, the mission came first above all else, it was show time. Following the order given Kurenai again cloaked herself in the force to keep her movements silent, quickly and silently moving across the ground towards the hatchery, not far behind Katrine, keeping an eye out for any sentries in the process before once again slipping into the darkness once reaching the hatchery.

So far, the group had made it without a fuss, even of Kurenai felt things were going a bit too fast, specifically with the Echani woman seemly taking the lead over Vekarr as everyone went to work placing explosive around the living and oh so repugnant building. Perhaps others liked the causal feel of the Confederacy military, no real person in charge, just orders and whatever means to carry them out, but Kurenai preferred a more rigid structure with a designated squad leader, each solider carrying out specific tasks, no interference from each other.

Whatever the case was everyone broke off into separate groups, said Echani woman going off with Vaki Ice, while Katrine went off with Vekarr, that left her with.... Koda of all people, another twist of fate, was she being tested, or was her luck just going downhill lately. An exasperated sight escaped her lips as she went about planting the explosives on the designated areas, priming and setting each detonator with extreme care while Koda did, well whatever Mando’s did while not fighting or brooding over fighting.
Srina Talon said:
“Our first set of explosives for the Hatchery have been planted and primed. We have three more units to go. All other squads, if possible, what's your status?”

Kurenai finished placing the last of her explosives before reaching up to her hear, placing a finger against the small communicator, "All primed and set over here, proceeding to next stage". Said next stage being the barracks, the whole hatchery was the easy part, not they head to deal with the main threat, but considering how well things had gone perhaps they could skill keep the whole stealth mission thing, *KABOOM*.... "Looks like that's a no".

A loud explosion erupted from the other side of the game, sending tremors through the ground for miles around, the immense sound being enough to wake the dead, which would no doubt wake the Vong, and alert them to their presence, and if she knew anything about the Vong, one of the first places they would check would be the hatchery. It did not take long for said worries to spot the intruders around the hatchery, their defining war cries and screeches echoing out as they charged the Confederacy members, "For force sake this was supposed to be a stealth mission".

[member="Srina Talon"]
[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

The best way to describe how Daxton was appeared was like a slithering shadow with hungry eyes and very sharp teeth. Having planted the explosives in the generator room, the Sith Lord was slowly working his was working his way to the central part of camp, sticking mostly to the shadows but eliminating any guards he did encounter along the way. By the time they realized they weren’t alone, it was too late and Daxton passed over them like an ebon angel of death.

While majority of his companions were obsessed with the snake like devices the Yong used, Daxton’s primary goal was to obtain a sample of their legendary crab armor. If he could get an intact sample, combined with his knowledge of alchemy he could create a far better personal suit of armor than what he was currently using.

His progress stalled when he heard the sounds of explosives and the alarm being raised. So much for stealth, he thought to himself, as he activated the explosives he hid in the generator rooms. There was enough explosive material to render the buildings into a nice hole in the ground, as the fireball erupted skyward and the camp was plunged into complete darkness as Daxton sought a new target for his blades.

Strategy: Raise Hell - Defened [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

It wouldn't have been difficult to state that familiarity was unfamiliar to the young agent. Having grown up on a freighter, born and raised on it, it was easier to note that she was one to make herself with familiar with as few people as possible. To that note, with a measure of merit, it was fair to say she would have been proud of herself in the experience and patience she exercised in regards to Katrine, Kurenai and the others within the Dark Acolytes.

Her opinion was different, of course, in the case of a few within the CIS ranks. One such individual was the very same one who was becoming rather bent on the idea of blowing everything in Baanu Harla to smithereens. The idea brought a smirk to the young agent's face, the intriguing expressions playing across the young blondes face requiring her to restrain herself from laughing, but she had to focus on the pertinence of the mission. And so, as the first explosion erupted in the distance, she was too zeroed in on her thoughts as to how to proceed that she didn't notice it at first.

It was the reverberation of the sound around her that drew her attention back to reality. Her mouth opened, her eyes lifting up to look at the area around her, but as she formulated the words she wanted to say she saw Katrine whipping out her rifle to fire upon a Vong charging at her.

"Karking hell, Katrine!" She exclaimed in a low but audible pitch as her ears registered the war cry, her body moving faster than her thoughts initially kept up as she brought herself behind the young blonde. Once she had taken up position near the girl, fixing her attention on her for the briefest of moments before scanning the perimeter for hostiles, she raised the disruptor in her hands and braced herself. "Warn me the next time you feel like throwing yourself head first at one of these things."

Only seconds after she'd made her second statement, a fairly unfortunate frame of time given her lapse in focus, the agent was set upon by a Vong warrior and was forced to lift her right arm to block the incoming attack. Chit! She echoed to herself as she felt the pain in her arm from blocking a stroke from an opponent much stranger than herself. But it was hardly enough to take her arm from her body, nor enough to break her sturdy bones, and as soon as she was able to bring her hand back down to her disruptor she glared up at the taller Vong.

"It'll take more than that." She muttered as she pulled the trigger of her disruptor and unloaded a full round into the chest of the vonduun crab armored hulk. While it didn't appear to have an immediate effect due to the crab's natural shielding she quickly saw results from the sheer quantity of disruptor fire as the Vong peeled away and collapsed in a partially dissolved husk.

With that target down, she was able to turn to Katrine once more and prepare herself to protect the blonde if her rifle didn't cut it.

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
Koda Fett

Rodia, Savareen Sector, Outer Rim Territories
Point 1 ---> Point 3
The Bounty Hunter only watched, waited and listened. It wasn't quite like his usual method which regularly involved direct, quick and decisive action. His neutral expression giving birth to the eyes that watched the CIS without bias or judgement, their operatives were commendable, but he always held the belief that he was better. Whether it was true or not had yet to be seen albeit the fact Fett didn't earn the reputation he did by being all-talk. He did wait, though, and he wasn't a coward for doing so; it went in tandem with his observations, hoping to see who the top performers were. His listening went to Vekarr. He did think she was familiar, but not familiar enough to entirely recognize her. It wasn't as if it really mattered, anyways.

At the putrid sight of the Vong Beasts emerging from their sacs his expression turned to a scowl. In truth, he hated the Vong. They were disgusting, and that was enough for the Bounty Hunter to despise. He had no enemies, only adversaries, nothing was personal but the Vong walked the line. Their ill-attempts at any way of life other than violence was pathetic, and the irony wasn't lost on Fett, they were both of the same stock. Although he viewed his situation as necessity, rather than choice; to a degree he was correct. The Mandalorian stood upright, raising his knee from the ground now caked in mud, flames spitting out the bottom of his jeptack before hoisting him into the air. Soaring towards the charging beasts like a bullet.

Whilst in the air he shifted into a hover, almost gliding in front of a cluster of the beasts, yet of course above them. His right wrist was raised, allowing the carbine to hang freely across his chestplate. Flames protruding out of the gauntlet and onto the Vong beasts that screeched out in pain before ultimately succumbing to their wounds not too long after the attack. By the time they had finally died, Fett landed with a thud, briefly casting a glance towards the now dead beasts. The fire reflecting from his black visor whilst behind it was the same disgusted scowl that first set eyes on them.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Rodia
Hatchery

War. Death. Battle. Violence. These were the things she understood. All this sneaking, this stealth, it went against her inner spirit. On Coruscant, in the Undercity, sneaking had gained her nothing. The others gangs would not respect her if she stealthed around, cloaked in shadow. The officers would not respect her. They respected strength, ruthlessness, and the willingness to kill. Even years later, Nyx had the taste for battle, for the fight.

In the hatchery, she gazed upon these creatures in their pods with disgust. The Yuuzhan Vong were cowards, to prey upon others like this. To change them to their bidding, their purposes. She hated tricksters like the Vong. She preferred a straight up fight, no tricks, none of this Vongsense garbage.

As she listened, and heard her father's warning, it seems she may just get her wish.

The Vong were coming down. Once, they had been Rodian. Now they were not. No matter. Vong died the same as everyone else if you hit them hard enough. The vibroaxes made their way from her belt to her hands, and she shrugged her coat from her shoulders. It would just get in the way in close quarters like this. Underneath, she wore only a grey jacket.

"Alrighty then." She eyed the oncoming abominations with hate, mouth twisted into a smile, already feeling the adrenaline coursing through her. Her blood boiled with rage, with excitement. It was time to stop the damn sneaking, the tricks. It was time to _fight_.

"Which one of you nerf herders dies first?"

One of the crab things rushed her, scythe-like arms reaching to shear her in two. Her body twisted to avoid one, the bone cutting through a lock of her hair. Her axes twirled, catching the other between the blades with a crack. She felt the Force flow through her, the Dark that had dominated so much of her life. It channeled in her, and her foot moved with it. It impacted on the thing's chest, stunning it, pushing it back. Her axes whirled once more, spikes first, piercing its eyes. She dug them in deep, twisting. The Force flowing through her arms once more, she pulled, screaming, and the Vong's head came off of its shoulders, jet black blood fountaining from the stump.

She spat the blood out that got in her mouth, and scowled at the others that came for them. There was more where that came from.

"I am Nyx, captain of the Thunderstorm, heir to the legacy of House Verd, and leader of the Street Rats. If you bunch of crab-freaks think you can take me out, you got a hell of a surprise coming!"

And she screamed with fury as she threw herself at them.

[member="Darth Metus"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Katria Vekarr"]

Location: Around the Hatchery (3) and Birthing/Shaping Chambers (5)
Tag: [member="Er'in Tenel"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Katria Vekarr"], [member="Koda Fett"], [member=Nyx]

She'd only managed to hear Katria speaking for a moment before she had began firing at the Vong. One she had managed to put down but another she had missed had already been at her side, noting the injured hand. "You're injured. Give it here before it gets worse," Katrine ordered as she moved closer, grabbing her hand above the wound as her other hand hovered above the injury as she began to concentrate. The blond already had an inkling to a distate Katria seemed to have had towards Force Users but right now, the Witch didn't care at all as she focused on reparing her damage, a quiet little voice inside her head hoping wouldn't pull away before she had actually completed the process.

"You shoot if anyone comes our way," she instructed as she felt contact from inside, focusing from the furthest depts of the wound, repairing layer by layer for a few seconds. While she could multitask with telekinesis, when it came to healing, she still hadn't masted the skill enough to risk attempting both powers at once so the Lupine focused on the one task that seemed more important right now since Katria wasn't a Force User.

In but the span of seconds, all Hell began to break loose.

By the time the Sith Lord raised his weapon and took aim, destruction was already being set into motion. Somewhere deeper inside the facility, an alarm had been seemingly triggered - most likely due to the significant tremor which rumbled underneath Darth Metus’ feet. His nostrils flared as a half-huff escaped them. Much like any strike operation, there was always the high possibility of things not going to plan. As such, any assault group worth their salt knew how to perform under pressure - and, some even had a backup plan. Alongside his apprentices, [member="Srina Talon"] and [member=”Er'in Tenel”], Darth Metus began to show some love to the monstrosities which first hatched to meet them.

As Erin raged and Srina fired, he lowered to a crouch upon the filthy ground. His rifle, an Allfate, sang a vicious song as its heavy blasts tore from the barrel. And one by one did the victims fall - a death that was not fitting for the captive Rodians. But...at this point they were beyond their help. They had been corrupted to the core, torn apart on an essential level and remade in the image of profane protocols. It was...frustrating to accept, but Darth Metus had no time to dwell on the reality. He simply had to forge ahead with the operation.

When trouble is on the rise, improvise.

”Katrine.” he began, addressing his “niece” over the comm for all to hear. ”I need a storm. Hit the hangar with everything you’ve got. Srina, Er’in, going to need you to follow her lead. What she chants, you chant. Everyone else - give them breathing room. Keep gunning these fethers down!”

Katrine, being a fully fledged child of Dathomir, would know exactly what the Sith was requesting. Harnessing the existing, humid conditions of Rodia in order to muster a fledgling mass of storm clouds was just the beginning. A solid, concentrated blast of natural lightning, coupled with explosive charges, just might create the chain reaction the strike team needed to turn the encroaching chaos onto their side. Of course, this relied upon the ground teams provided the Witch enough breathing room to work.

And to that end did the Sith press the attack, pushing forward past the singed and disintegrated husks into the Barracks.

[member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member=”Er'in Tenel"], [member="Ignis Imura"], [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Katria Vekarr"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Varik Ice"], [member="Nyx"], [member="Kilia"]

Did someone need a distraction? Daxton pressed the detonator switch triggering the explosives he planted. The night suddenly turned bright as day as the power generators blew up one after the other.

Night became day then night once more as power completely cut off. Dropping the spent detonator, Daxton switched on the night vision on his HUD as the camp was thrown into complete chaos.

Gripping his alchemical blades, Daxton began softly humming to himself as he waded into the conflict. After all they were playing his song, it would be a shame not to join the dance.

Strategy/Mission: Slaughter the Vong
Nearby: @Varik Ice l [member="Koda Fett"] l [member="Katria Vekarr"[/COLOR][/FONT]] l [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

As thing kicked off more and more of the Vong spewed out of the barracks with engaged war cries and shrieks, their sight probably as terrifying as their method of fighting, fortunately Kurenai had experience all manners of war, from Vong, Sith Spawn to Planet Destroying Super Weapons, very few things still intimidated her, let alone made her feel fear. As the bug like aliens approached Kurenai stood her ground, taking an offensive marital art stance, combat knife in one hand and slug pistol in the other, she didn't need the force to take down these force dead monsters.

Her first opponent swam some ungodly blade in a wide arc around herself, aiming to slice the, probably what they assumed just to be a regular human solider, in two... too bad it never got hit its mark. As the blade came closer Kurenai rush forward, sticking her knife into the creature’s upper arm right arm, performing a slight twirl, gaining momentum and delivering a bone splintering elbow into the Vong face, breaking it neck in the process sending its body crumpling to the floor.

With target number 1 down Kurenai shifted her focus to the next Vong that was attempting its own attack and in arms reach. The second opponent swung its deadly spear downwards, aiming for Kurenais head, going for a more vital and unprotected spot until its predecessor. As the savage blade came down Kurenai raised her knife, the blade active as a tiny shield, redirecting the Vongs weapon to her side, just enough to doge, leaving the force dead creature open for a counter attack. In one quick action, her unspent slug pistol came to life, the veteran solider planting two shots into the Vong's knee cap, before following up with a quick knife slash to its throat.

"Two down, umpteen to go... ", keeping her usual stoic expression Kuenrai lifted the lifeless corpse in front of herself, using it as a shield to block a spear thrust from her newest attacker, letting go of the body and quickly with another spin coming up behind said Vong. Before the warrior could react to the present threat Kurenai had wrapped her arms around its body, performing a suplex, driving the creatures head into the ground, killing it instantly, "... child’s play".

Strategy: Raise Hell - Defened [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

It was easy to mirror someone, acting as their reactionary double. It was more challenging, however, to mirror someone who could do things you couldn't imagine doing in your lifetime; and then some. Which created a small problem for the agent, who had conveniently positioned herself near Katrine, when the blonde turned and began to focus her powers on the internal bruising to her right arm. The karking hell is she thinking? The only reasonable thought that ran through the woman's mind as she took a small step back but allowed the girl her whim.

As much as she was against having the Force used on her, she couldn't deny that the tingling in her arm fading was a reasonable trade for being put into a finitely uncomfortable situation. She could have easily lost herself in the look of determination on the girls face, or in the way the girl was momentarily fawning over her in point of her injury, but the sound of footsteps and raging Vong really killed that mood.

"You're making this up to me later, Kat," she breathed as she turned to face the Vong approaching them and leveled her disruptor at it. This was going to hurt her as much as it hurt him. She told herself as she squeezed the trigger, watched the burst of energy collide with it's chest and her arm snap back from the ridiculous recoil. With a snap movement of her arm, spinning it with the momentum of the weapon, she whipped her arm up, back and around until it was settled uneasily back in the position it had previously been in. There was a soreness in her shoulder that brought a grimace to her face but she knew that was less problematic than blocking whatever staff they had struck her arm with. "And you can bet I'm going to collect."

The moment her lips closed, ushering in another moment of pure focus, the agent shot a sly smirk at the girl. Did she really care in that moment if the girl picked up on it? Not really. They were working, they had a job to do and she wasn't about to let her personal concerns get in the way. Instead, moments after Metus' order came across, she waited for the girl to finish her work or whatever she could assume was the version of finished stepped close to the girl placing a hand on her shoulder and met her gaze with a mild intensity.

"You heard the man," she breathed, not exactly sure just what Metus was planning and honestly not partial to caring as she used her hand to swivel the girl to face the location the Sith had mentioned. "Give them everything you've got. I've got your back."

Location: Between Birthing/Shaping Chambers (5) and Hangar (6)
Tag: [member="Katria Vekarr"] [member="Darth Metus"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Er'in Tenel"], [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"]

She had pulled away but hadn't withdrawn her hand, allowing Katrine to complete her healing. Katria said she'd make it up to her, confusing her slightly before the other girl had fired, at a Vong no doubt but the blond hadn't seen, concentrated on finishing up. When she did, she looked up at Katria, hearing her add something to her previous comment. "You're welcome," she muttered with a small smirk on her face before reaching for her rifle and shooting at another incoming monster.

Through her communicator, Uncle Isley's voice had come through, turning her attention to it. "Here," she had only said in response before he had asked for a storm, to hit the hanger with everything she had. Katrine frowned almost immediately, sapphire blue gaze moving upward to see the darkness above. She knew the clouds were there even if she couldn't completely make them out. There was a spell that required physical situations in order to work, its intent to protect the caster though Katrine knew almost immediately she would have to adjust in order to use it to create a storm. It was a spell Witches rarely used as it was dangerous to the ecosystem but Uncle Isley was right in suggesting it, she realized quickly.

He had also made mention of Srina and Er'in. They would join her. Katrine's head was already doing the footwork, adjusting lyrics, her mouth moving as she formed the spell's content. Katrine created spells, it was what she was good at. This one, however, she knew had to be complicated. In the time it was taking her to create the words, Katria had given her encouragement, her eyes finding her for a second to give her a smile as she waited for Srina and Er'in to join her. "Moving closer to the Hangar," she told both Katria and into the communication device at the same time, making her way between the Hatchery and the Chambers, giving herself a better view of the Hanger.

A couple more minutes had passed as her mind rehearsed the chant properly before she had begun to concentrate, focusing on nature itself. "Blessed art thou, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughters of Allya. Will me the power over the clouds; will me the power to build the storm," she chanted the first verse of the spell, her hand slowly rising towards the heavens, eyes closing. In the map, the hanger was further right, giving her an idea of where her intended target was. "Blessed art thou, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughters of Allaya. Give me the power over clouds; give me the power to build the storm." Second verse. The spell was strong, drawing in from a lot of nature and herself, her focus completely on the skies above and the goal of the spell, envisioning it in her head in order to make sure it would work just as she needed it to. While Katrine knew Katria had said she had her back before, right now, she wasn't even thinking about it.

She could feel herself gaining control, getting a feel for the ecosystem around her before she gave her final command, making her spell clear. "Blessed art thou, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughters of Allya. Mighty storm, protect me. Shine bright, strike hot. Mighty storm, protect me now." Her words grew louder, stronger as her hand dropped like a general gave a charge signal to his soldiers as thunder rolled up above her, roaring as lighting began to spread downward, striking once, twice at the hangar with the intent Katrine had given it as she had created it. Hanger had to be controlled.

Varik Ice
Equipment: Lightsaber - Armour
OouWALC.jpg
He would have to admit, this was new. The Vong he'd faced before had at least been more...humanoid. These ones bursting from the eggs didn't exactly seem anything close to human, at least not to him. As he moved in with the rest in the assault on the hatchery, it was something he was at least more familiar with that came to try and end him. He spied three Vong warriors making their approach on his side, and he decided to move to meet them; even if they ended up not being a problem for him, they would be for someone if he left them alone.

Fighting Vong like this was always a bit more complicated - being unable to feel their moves coming meant it was like fighting before he'd even known what the force was, but thankfully even back then he'd been somewhat good at it. Ducking a swing from one warriors and parrying another as he rushed, the third twirled its weapon before it was brought down in a powerful slash towards Varik's head. Ice sidestepped and moved his saber with him, the tip slicing into the Vong's thigh on a spot where the armour didn't protect, making him growl in pain as he fell to one knee - the saber sliced through the middle of his head before he could do much else.

Varik re-assumed his stance, letting the Vong charge at him now as he leaned back, dodging a slash and quickly ducked his head to the side to avoid having it impaled by the second. He continued to dodge with unusual speed as both warriors came at him, looking for his opening. Eventually he found it, diverting an angry swing from one warrior using his saber, sending it straight into the path of the other Vong's face. The unusual weapon pierced his comrade's head, giving the Vong only moments to react before the white blade stabbing straight through his mouth and throat, leaving him standing and for all intents and purposes, dead before it was removed and he simply fell limp to the ground alongside his fellow.

Ice, even though he had been fighting, was also listening just enough to catch onto the plan. True, it was somewhat hard to hear amongst all the chaos of fighting and guttural roars, but he understood the gist of it. Metus' apprentices needed a distraction and room to breathe, and they would get it. As he saw the Sith Lord push forward towards the Barracks, Varik went the same way - he could always use more of a distraction, and the last thing anyone needed was for the Vicelord to not have backup going in there.

[member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] | [member="Katria Vekarr"] | [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Nyx"] | [member="Koda Fett"] | [member="Kilia"] | [member="Srina Talon"] | @Er'in Tenel | [member="Daxton Bane"] | [member="Ignis Imura"]

Location: Between Birthing/Shaping Chambers (5) and Hangar (6)
Tag: Katria Vekarr Darth Metus Srina Talon [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] Daxton Bane Kurenai Yumi

"Srina, Er’in, going to need you to follow her lead. What she chants, you chant."
That... wasn't going to be the best of plans, Er'in reflected, but now was not the time to explain to her Master the... difficulties, no, the differences she had with the Mandragora's traditional spell casting methods. Besides, there was always a first time for testing a new relationship and it seemed like this was going to be a live-fire test.

Well, just like everything else then. It was time to live a little.

Er'in smiled wickedly and accelerated to get a line of sight on the hanger as well, leaping off one wall to bypass the hatching monster, giving it a short blast of lightning on the way to slow any pursuit. The glittering black and purple Sith Blade in her hand sung as it hummed through the air, removing the reaching limb from one of the creatures as it hacked it's way from a hatching pod. Srina's lessons were settling in well, it seemed. The acrobatic touch was all her own, instinctive now that the force came more easily to her command.

Er'in leapt through one of the jagged exits, bringing up her blade in a desperate defence against the creature that lunged at her, multitasking spell casting and combat was one of the most difficult feats a sorceress or a witch could attempt, and Er'in wasn't nearly as successful as she might be, earning herself a torn ragged wound as the blow only partially snagged on her armoured clothing.

"Blessed art thou, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughters of Allya. Will me the power over the clouds; will me the power to build the storm,"

"Hidden am I, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughter of none. By my skill and my art, I ask you for power over the clouds, I trade my power with thee to build the storm,'

She felt the spell catch, the hidden ones responding with whispers in the darkness around her, felt her own control of the force drain from her a little, then turned and drove the Saarai up into the chest of the creature that assaulted her, spilling it's blood on the ground where it mingled with her own.

"Blessed art thou, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughters of Allaya. Give me the power over clouds; give me the power to build the storm."

"Hidden am I, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughter of none. I offer you the power of the slain and the power of my blood; give unto me the power to build the storm."

She shuddered as the spirits accepted her end of the bargain - not for her was to be chosen, to be accepted. She had refused shackles and chains, the fetters of their blessings and in return, she had been made forever an outsider. A gift... and a curse. Because while they owed her nothing, she owed them nothing. The cold at the core of her marrow grew and she felt the lightning in her veins flicker and bleed out along with her blood, and the blood of the corpse. A fitting gift.

"Blessed art thou, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughters of Allya. Mighty storm, protect me. Shine bright, strike hot. Mighty storm, protect me now."

"Hidden am I, Oh Ancient Mothers, Daughter of none. By my right as witch and the gift of the spirits, I command thee, protect me, shine bright, strike hot. Mighty storm, protect me now."

She was too weak too fully defend herself against the creature that dove in at her, claws snapping, a sharp scream escaping her mouth as it severed something quite vital in her right thigh. But neither was she down and out yet - she was a Sith Witch, a Mandragora Witch (was she? they were about to find out!) and she was not about to die here to some force dead monster. She had no lightning, and she knew little else in the way of powers of the force. But there was always... Yes. She reached out, mind straining with the effort, then wrenched loose one of the broken and rusting railings, hurling it down with all the might she had left to impale the creature. Telekinesis did very little of the work - after all, it wasn't terribly effective she'd been told. Gravity, on the other hand, is an equal opportunity killer.

It wasn't dead, but the large spike in it's back caused it to rear in pain and turn from it's victim to see who was attacking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom