Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overrun | CIS Dominion of Rodia

jkpGKNS.jpg

R O D I A

[ Theme ]​
uEN0N7H.jpg

Agony had come to Rodia.

For decades, there was peace between the Yuuzhan Vong and native peoples on Rodia. Their colony, Baanu Harla, lived in quiet isolation and only interacted with the outside world when absolutely necessary. Yet, despite their self imposed exile, the Yuuzhan Vong were always willing to aide and assist their neighbors; going so far as to serve the original Confederacy when Rodia joined the fold. However, during the height of the One Sith did a schism signal mass change. Overnight, the most vicious warriors of the Empire were released into the Galaxy.

While most wandered about the Outer Rim, a powerful minority settled within Baanu Harla.

Their presence shattered all delusions of continuing the peace any further. Soon, the Colony began arming its warriors and producing nightmares. Soon...these creatures began to be released onto the unsuspecting world. Thus far, the Rodians have been brave in their defense of their homes and lives, forcing a stalemate. But even this is not sustainable - it is only a matter of time before the Rodians are overrun. Broken and desperate, they have turned to the Southern Systems for aide - vowing to rejoin the fold should Baanu Harla be eliminated.

The Confederacy answered.

In preparation for the assault, numerous plans were drawn and debated. Yet the top brass settled upon a daring operation to silence the Colony within, whilst also extracting valuable resources and intel. A strike team will infiltrate Baanu Harla and plant high-yield charges in priority areas. Then, once all valuable intelligence had been gathered, the destruction of Baanu Harla would be triggered remotely. Any surviving Yuuzhan Vong would be met with extreme prejudice by the ground teams. On paper, this plan seemed simple - but against the Yuuzhan Vong, it would prove to be deadly.

As darkness began to fall upon the troubled world, a pair of cloaked dropships slid forth over the planet's surface. The doors and drop bays slid open, depositing the strike teams on the ground. Coordination would be key. Execution would be everything. Failure was not an option.

to9Px2U.png

Image Courtesy of: [member="Srina Talon"]​

1-2. Breach Points - Enter the Facility Here!
3. Hatchery - Here, Vong Warbeasts are hatched from hanging sacs!
4. Barracks - Here, Vong Warriors reside and slumber!
5. Birthing/Shaping Chambers - Here, Vong Shapers contort and splice the living!
6. Hangar - Here, Vong starfighters and transports reside!
7. Command - Here, the Masters of Baanu Harla reside!
8. Generators - Here, all power to the facility is supplied!​

[member="AceReplica"], [member="Aedan Miles"], [member="AJ Cean"], [member="Akabane Jarvik"], @[member="Alden Kyr'nau"], [member="Aleksander Miles"], [member="Anastasia Verd"], [member="Aoker Veru"], [member="Arabella Darkhold"], [member="Arlox"], [member="Arthur Pendragon"], [member="Ash"], [member="Aurelio Ilyin"], [member="Aut-X"], [member="Averin An'Arach"], [member="Avo"], [member="Aya Clarke"], [member="Azrik"], [member="B1-990"], [member="Ballen-Ist"], [member="Bartic Myth'rand"], [member="BBZ-20"], [member="Ben Mentel"], [member="BX-22222"], [member="BX-24601"], [member="BX-25233"], [member="BX-72967"], [member="BX-73300"], [member="BX-75244"], [member="Cairyn Midore"], [member="Causstik Rahn"], [member="Chalim Vern"], [member="Charr"], [member="Chikako Liona"], [member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Darth Interitus"], @[member="Darth Metus"], [member="Darth Rixas"], [member="Darth Seraphic"], [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="DE-16"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Duidatos"], [member="Ellion Corsair"], @[member="Er'in Tenel"], [member="Faa Vera"], [member="Galven Hansol"], [member="Gorm"], [member="Hades Dai"], @Holowan Industries, [member="Idaren Verd"], [member="Iris Issey"], [member="Jack Anderson"], [member="Jaya Tandris"], [member="Jia Darkhold"], [member="Jorah"], [member="Jrogan"], @Kaiya Haycon, [member="Kal Jaii"], [member="Kal Kandossii"], [member="Katarine Ryiah"], [member="Katria Vekarr"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Keric Dynt"], [member="Ket Van-Derveld"], [member="Khonsu Amon"], @Kurayami Bloodmoon, [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Lady Psyona"], [member="Lanna"], [member="Lewis"], [member="Lola An'Arach"], [member="Luna Terrik"], [member="Maanis"], [member="Malok"], [member="Marcus Collier"], [member="Marcus Lund"], [member="Maxerian Gron"], [member="Miki Starfallen"], [member="Morgan Redeaux"], [member="Muad Dib"], [member="Mythira"], [member="Nasho Vesh"], [member="Nassier Zirfae"], [member="Natalie LaForte"], [member="Natasha Darkstar"], [member="Noviac Caligo"], [member="Nyx"], [member="Orion Trex"], [member="Rale Elysar"], [member="Rapax"], [member="Rashae"], [member="Rena Namadi"], [member="Ryvan Tau'rae"], [member="Saine Kela"], [member="Samantha Jade"], [member="Seela Tarkona"], [member="Ser Burton Shaw"], [member="Sila"], [member="Siqa"] Verd, [member="Sko'saht"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Surnin Strenger"], [member="Talbot Vitalis"], [member="The Fallen"], [member="Tiberius Royalblaze"], [member="Titan"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Tschov Bolyn"], [member="Valis Marr"], [member="Valjan Hon'rey"], [member="Verd Skirata"], [member="Vinten Veers"], [member="Vladimir Tedesky"], [member="Vuh'kis"], [member="Werah Unon"], [member="Xero Wran"], [member="Yuna Hart"], [member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Mission: Destroy the Baanu Harla refuge.
Strategy: Stealth.

She'd heard the rumors. Been told the stories and legends. It was hardly the same when she considered confronting such horrors in person.

As the stealth drop ship slowly drifted down towards the planet, lowering itself down in the drop zone closest to the hatchery, the young agent hoisted her Inferos Class Disruptor Rifle tightly against her shoulder and positioned herself to get a full view of the refuge as the door opened. She was deathly silent, every feature of her face indicative of her opinion of the mission they had undertaken. If the stories were true, liberating Rodia of this infection would be easier said than done.

Taking the briefest of moments to calibrate and deploy her drones, punching in the coordinates of the barracks and command structure, the young agent stepped lightly out of the drop ship and into the humid night air. Stifling a breath, posturing herself to adjust to the moisture of the planets climate before making her trek towards the nearest structure. Fixing her eyes on the structure directly ahead of her, she drew in a steady breath biting back her resistance to the humid air and began to slowly make her way forward.

Not ten paces into her movement she noticed what she could only have guessed might be sentries. Dropping to a knee, careful as not to draw make too much sound, she raised a hand to signal to those still aboard the drop ship to await her word. And, just moments later, she disappeared from sight in a momentary flicker of the low night light.

It took hardly minutes beyond her disappearance from the visual spectrum for her to pass the subjects she had identified. Only then, as she positioned herself near the hatchery, did she lift her right vambrace to her mouth and, in an almost inaudible whisper, relay her signal. With her disruptor rifle at the ready, satchel of explosives at her side and a sturdy foot into the ground she was ready to confront whatever came her way so long as she had her distance.

"Vekarr to Metus, I'm in position," she whispered as she cocked her rifle and peered through a hole into the hatchery; an urge to puke washing over her at it's grotesque interior. "Mind possible sentries, you are green."

[member="Darth Metus"] [member="Srina Talon"] [member="The Fallen"] [member="Akabane Jarvik"] [member="Mirvak"] @Er'in Tenel [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Cairyn Midore"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Samantha Jade"] [member="Ryvan Tau'rae"]

The Intrigue swooped in from hyperspace, its solar flare expanding as the ship began to slow. Seated in the cockpit, was the sturdy Mustafarian Bounty Hunter Maxerian Gron. He had been hired once again by a new CIS again. It seemed like they popped out of the walls every year or so. However his family had always been loyal supporters of the Confederacy so he would remain so. Of course that being said he did nothing for free, and as far as he was concerned the price was right here. He flipped a few switches on his com-board gaining him access to the CIS Communication channel for the mission. "This is Gron does anyone copy," He voice very deep and scratchy like every word was strained behind his breathing mask and of course because he was trying to speak common as a humanoid bug species.

His solar sailer broke through the atmosphere of Rodia as he plotted out a landing course. Apparently the mission was to blow up some Vong settlement leaving no survivors. Easy enough in his mind. Of course Maxerian had never truly faced the Vong but how powerful could they be. He brought his usual setup for the mission, a few blaster pistols, a few thermal detonators, his phrik halberd, and all that jazz. His ships sails closed once again as he flew closer to the ground a few miles away from the outpost they CIS was supposed to hit, as it landed safely upon the planet.

Maxerian set up his personnel comset in his helmet to pick up CIS frequency as he began getting all his supplies in check. This would be a unique mission for sure, he was glad he found work with a large group like the CIS again he hoped this time however it would go better than the last. From the looks though this new CIS was set up much better with more backing. He jumped out of his ship locking it up as he walked a bit till the Vong post was in site. "Here we are," He said to himself getting ever closer.

"This is Maxerian Gron I am in position at point two, ready to act," Maxerian spoke through his come as he pulled out a pair of macrobinoculars, watching at this entrance he was close to. From his position he could see a very large bulbous organic building probably a HQ building of some sort. Well he kept his distance for now watching from afar as he waited for reinforcements before going in.

Daxton’s job was rather simple, sneak in, plant some explosives and provide fire cover if necessary. But as usual in all things that involved the Sith Lord, simple was hardly the most appropriate word. Bane was very interested in acquiring their technologies for his own purposes, after all probably be the next step in his own research. The only problem was how to acquire it especially since the subjects of his interest seemed to be immune to direct applications of the Force.

Clad from head to foot in infiltrator armor to mask his presence, he vaulted over the wall with practiced ease, landing on the balls of his feet, stun rifle sweeping for possible enemies. When questioned about his choice of weapons, he merely shrugged and said, “Sleeping sentries dont draw attention, while dead bodies do.”

Strapped to his waist were dozens of stun grenades, while his pack was filled with prime explosives waiting to be deployed. Upon seeing the coast was clear, he slipped into the deeper shadows as he made his way to the generators to plant his little surprise for later.

Varik Ice
Equipment: Lightsaber - Armour
OouWALC.jpg
Stealth wasn't his usual avenue, but Varik had been doing many things different recently. He kept himself quite out of attention in the dropship, and insisted on going without a guard. Sovereignty forces were on standby if things went horribly wrong and prepared to back up the Confederacy, but this operation required precision rather than just applied force. He'd seen the Confederacy's finest shaping up on the dropship and getting prepared, and it looked to him that they were ready. If they were controlling this many systems, then there must be something they were doing very right.

Ice watched Vekarr leave the dropship, and waited patiently for her signal. He'd heard stories of Rodia's humidity; in truth, he had no idea what that meant. He hadn't ever felt the cold or the heat, and apparently humidity was just the same. Sometimes he wondered whether this 'talent' in the force was a blessing or some form of curse, but it was irrelevant right now. Perhaps it would make him more effective in this mission, if the issues humidity caused were anything like what he'd heard about.

Varik had been more than happy to answer the call of reinforcements; he had experience fighting the Vong not long ago, after all. He made little use of the force as a weapon anyway, and they died like anyone else. As he heard the woman's words over the comlink, he made a sudden move out of the dropship and found himself a position in foliage not far from the hatchery, approaching slow. Rodia was a place for hunters, a profession he was more than familiar with; one he'd been taking part in his whole life.

The Sovereign peered up at what was apparently called a Hatchery. If he knew anything about the Vong, and he thought it was a decent amount, he knew exactly what to be ready for in there. As odd as it must've sounded to any normal soldier, he was looking forwrard to this. Not only because the Vong should be destroyed on this world, but because they were vicious, ruthless fighters. He was looking forward to the challenge.

[member="Katria Vekarr"] @Maxerian Grom [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Darth Metus"]

Strategy: Stealth and distraction

Kurenai had personally been around to witness the Vong and New republic war around 800 years ago, fighting as a mercenary under the Republic army, so in a sense she had a personal grudge of sort against them. Though destroying an entire colony would be a little too much for her usually, Kurenai knew that is was for the best, least others bear the brunt of an attack by said people.

While other would go about things their own way Kurenai had opted to join in the stealthier entry point, being grouped up with agent [member="Katria Vekarr"] for this certain task, as team work was vital to the mission success. Stepping off the stealth ship the aged vampire noted a difference in the air from her last visits, though a planet’s atmosphere may change every now and then, this feeling, it did not seem right. 'hmmm, questions for another time, I have work to do'.

Kurenai crouched down a few steps from the drop ship, opting to get off unless things went south, activating her amours holographic HUD, while awaiting Vekarrs confirmation, was she keen on having a child ordering her around, not really, but they would never learn if she always took the lead, it was also always good to see how others perform, made it easier to work together. Time seemed to stand still as she waited for Vekarrs word, though Kurenai could sense her movements not far away, and judging from her sudden halt she had seen something.

Placing a hand to ear the agent’s confirmation came out loud and clear, so far it did not seem like the Vong had picked up their presence, so far so good, but to make the most out of this operation each team member would have to keep to the shadows until the time was right, "Copy that Agent Vekarr, flanking on your position, give me visual on enemy patrol movements, over". un-holstering her silenced pistol and cortosis combat knife the veteran commando cloaked herself in the force, masking her sound but not her body, as she had yet to master that, but keeping out of sight was not something new to her anyways.

Turning back Kurenai gave a quick hand signal to let anyone else on the drop ship know that the current coast was clear, and to advance carefully, avoiding enemy contact unless necessary, "Its show time". The soft echo of footsteps petered off into the muddy ground as the black armoured woman vanished into the thick shadows that lined the complex, light foot prints being the only indication of her presence.

OBJECTIVE: Learn of the Vong, Then destroy them.
TAGS: [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Maxerian Gron"],

There are reasons to hunt those who would end the lives of others. Preventing the death of our own. Or ending the life of people who would clearly become a monstrosity of a being. The vong were on a different existence. They sought pain, and sacrificial removal of their limbs to have the ability to be closer to their gods. As one such being, I never wanted anyone to give their life for me. I never wanted any being to call my name and then proceed to kill. No. My relationship with the Moross Crusaders, were their wanting to be alive. I was someone people would pray and beg on their knees to be safe guarded from their inevitable death. I would fight along side them to bring the pantheon of the Moross Crusade to a golden age.

However, these people did not believe in such gods, or other beings. With the idea that the Force was almost a godly being itself, I can see why. It would be difficult to understand the reasoning as to a living god, or goddess. My wounds only confirmed me. The crusades had perished as I was stuck within the nightmare infested lands of the Netherworld. They died while I was away. I had only thought myself as the voice of Kalee, the goddess of war. When it was just the opposite. Kalee was not a singular being. She was a fragment of a being, that was within every person. All you had to do, was call upon her. The difference between myself, and any other one, is my time in hell, as Zoey, as a Dar'manda of the United Clans, is that I became a goddess of war. A being who fed upon the emotions, the pain, and the destruction of others to bring about a better tomorrow.

Feeding upon that created me into something more. Spending centuries within this hell crafted a demi-god of a human, into something more. Zoey is who I am no longer.

It was with this fact, that I hated the Vong. They had brought the death and destruction of many people, without the thought of empowering everyone. Just themselves. They were as deceitful as Aatrox, conniving as Neth, and as ruthless as Erebus. So enthralled in their zealotry, that it would shame the Moross Crusade and their followers. For this, I needed to learn of them, to discover what caused them to give up so much for so little in return. While everyone else carried explosives to destroy the place, and headed over to the various places, I simply wore my leathers. Carrying only my beskad, and made my way from our landing points, towards their command center. While the generators and the main troops would be taken out with ease, I went alone to destroy and learn of the value of what these Vong did to acquire so much faith from their own disciples.

As Neth would always advise me to do, One must always seek the knowledge of your enemies, so that when the time comes to fight them, or join them, you can make the choice. However, I knew what my choice would be today. They would only get one response from me.

War.

Tag: [member="Katria Vekarr"] [member="Varik Ice"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] | [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] [member="Maxerian Gron"] [member="Daxton Bane"]

Armor:Weapons:

Let's be honest here. All Katrine Van-Derveld knew about the Yuuzhan Vong was that they were sorta like the Boogeyman, scary and outside the Force which was what worried the blond more than anything else. She also knew Rodia was a friend to the old Confederacy and friends were friends in her head. So, Katrine had joined other Confederacy members, specifically her new friend Katria Vekarr who'd been a fun companion at the Falleen party, even when she was drunk. This was all work and no play though it seemed and Katria was pretty stealthy. Katrine was not stealthy at all, watching the brunette drop to her knees, confusing her ever so slightly before she crouched herself, seeing the raised hand. The blond really wasn't the soldier type but she assumed that raised hand held significance, her sapphire blue gaze examining the area ahead, spotting the figures up ahead.

Her sense didn't tell her much, making her recall the stories of the Boogeyman though she did remember a vague explanation from Katria about her own little artifact which could have still been causing a bit of trouble for Katrine. Keeping low, she followed the other girl, still watching ahead for the figures up ahead, her hand outstretching towards the nearest branches opposite of Katria's direction, summoning the Force to her aid as she pushes and pulled rapidly, making it seem either the wind or a quick animal had messed with them. The sentries noted the distraction and moved towards it to inspect, giving a momentary clear space for her to move at a low towards her new friends who seemed to be looking at something through her scope. Katrine used her eyes instead, taking in the structures nearest to them but not really knowing why they looked so from where she was. All of the area were space ahead was enemy ground though, she was well aware of that.

"Got anything explosive?" She whispered to Katria as she watched again. Katrine could get some grenades to the first buildings, if she just had one. Nobody was firing just yet so she decided it was best if she didn't use her own rifle or saber just yet but a bit of explosions could definitely help them cut down on some of the targets. "It'd make a hell of an entrance." Another whisper. Katrine really wasn't build for stealthy, she was raised surrounded by warriors. Female sword waving warriors with magic who shouted battle cries as they charged, not this sneaky sneaky thing. They didn't usually employ explosives but that was Kat's thing, not theirs. She really did want to sound the old battle cry though, having been raised at a time of peace. She knew it, she was taught it but never needed to use it. Perhaps now, today, she would.

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Nyx was completely and utterly out of her element. This was a stealth operation, and as anyone who had been with Nyx Verd on an operation that involved stealth could attest, she was not very good at it. She didn't like shying from a fight, didn't like feeling like a coward. But, she understood that it wasn't always the best approach.

And the only thing she hated more than cowards were the Yuuzhan Vong. As she stood in the dropship, she fingered the vibro-axes at her belt. Apparently, most of her usual weapons weren't going to be of much use here. No matter. She was always ready for a fight. Especially with the damn Vong. Vong. Even the word was annoying to hear. Vong. Yuuzhan Vong. Ugh.

The woman shook such thoughts out of her head, popping her neck in anticipation. Whatever gods were out there had blessed her with a fight, and a fight with a group of creatures she absolutely despised. Today was shaping up to be a very good day.

At the signal, she stepped off of the dropship, long coat billowing in the wind as she came down, her axes in hand. Her eyes examined the area, mouth set in a frown. The time was now, but she waited for the signal. Her hands ached for the feel of blood on her axes, and the crunch of bone as she chopped. Hopefully, she would get that pleasure, and soon.

[member="Varik Ice"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Katria Vekarr"]

Orbit of Rodia, X-70 Phantom

Flavia was a shut in and that was a fact that couldn't be disputed but, to her at least, this was not a problem. Her home had everything she needed to get by and wasn't necessarily one to go out and buy new things out of impulse. She saved the money that she earned through her work and only spent when she needed to. She wasn't exactly rich but she wasn't living in the dirt either; she was happy and as far as she was concerned, that was the most important part. As her mother had told her as she was growing up; why do something if it didn't make you happy?

The commission had came through from the Confederacy of Independent Systems, a name that had come up quite frequently in her historical studies. The stage? Rodia. The job? They wanted an art show for the masses, something to keep children and adults alike entertained and happy and perhaps most importantly occupied. Flavia wasn't exactly one to read between the lines but with the wording being so... Off, she couldn't help but have a feeling in her gut that said that there was more to the commission that met the eye. Regardless, she agreed and gathered her kit and boarded her civilian X-70 Phantom to prepare to move from her home on Eadu towards Rodia, the home of the Rodians. There was a hint of excitement about this whole thing despite the message that obviously had more behind the scenes than they were letting on, a sense of adventure radiated from Flavia; she was about to go to a new place that she had never seen before.

Naturally, however, she wouldn't be going alone.

She stopped off on the way to pick up her closest friend, one that she had known since she were merely a child. The thought of Flavia and Nilia hosting a show for the masses together would surely make a great pairing and would probably even generate a little bit more cash with the extra pair of hands. The whole pitch would more or less result in her best friend being roped in to coming along, the two needed to catch up in any case. With the trip to Rodia and the stay on the planet, they would have all the time they needed to catch up.

[member="Nilia Saavilin"]

Rodia (Orbit), X-70 Phantom, Unknown Time

When Flavia had proposed accompanying her on her art show, it was a very easy choice for Nilia to make.

For starters, it was a chance to reconnect. After all the years, it felt like an eternity since she had first met the Glaucus girl as children, and now they were adults. Adults with very real, very important jobs.

Well, an artist (Of great talent; Nilia could not deny that) might not stack up fully to a Senator of a burgeoning government in terms of raw importance, but Nilia still valued her old friend greatly even if their paths in life had diverged. But where had the time gone? It seemed like only yesterday they had spent evenings watching the storms, in shock at the awesome power of nature as it rained buckets and thunder clapped like the cannons of a great ship.

It wasn't just that she'd get to hang around with a childhood friend that she agreed to go, however. The second reason why the show had been perfect was that she'd be able to connect. Meet with people, and perhaps inspire some interest in the Sovereignty and their values. If anything, it'd be a fantastic locale to socialize, and there'd be many interesting people to talk to.

"Flavia, darling, are we almost there?"

[member="Flavia Protanus"]

Asantas

The Doctor is in
Tag: [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Kalee Bladesworn"] [member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Varik Ice"] [member="Daxton Bane"]

This was the first time fighting such creatures like the Vong she had only known was history and stories have told her creatures that are the masters of organic manipulation to create untold creations and weapons and other horrors that they are capable of that and the fact even the force is dead to these creatures proved problematic but she was not trained to use such things yet, She waited with the others quietly as she climbed up a tree without making a sound all she had was two standard daggers in her hands to use.

She looked over what she could from her view point as she waited for the go ahead to head on in despite the vongs horrors she was more interested in utilizing some there technology for herself before everyone else that had other thoughts got to them first no matter how deadly the vong can be they have quite the interesting amount of tech and other machinations she could use on herself besides it would be a good experience for her to fight such creatures now rather then later, For now she simply kept her senses sharp and took in what she saw these people she was with where interesting and efficient as far as she could tell from watching them at times but she has yet to see them in full action yet.

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"] [member="Kilia"]

To say what he did was easy would be a lie, inflitration took skill as well as talent for the less savory side of things. However, the Sith made it look effortless, moving and blending into the shadows as it it were part of him with so much effortless grace it almost seemed too easy.

Drawing an ebony alchemical blade of his own design from its sheath, he drove it into the neck of guard and twisted the serrated blade to cause so much fatal damage in a blink of an eye, before dragging the corpse deeper into the shadows. He would need to move more quickly before they discover they had a missing guard.

Planting the first explosive in place, Daxton made sure that was placed near the junction for the power conduit. When that blows, its going to make a beautiful boom and hopefully cause secondary and tertiary explosions, enough to distact and let the rest of the team do their tasks.

Rodia, Refugee Camp

The X-70 Phantom crept down towards Rodia without a hitch. True, Flavia had spent quite an amount of her wealth on transforming the vessel into her own luxury transport; thankfully a majority of the costs had been covered by selling a number of the unneeded components that made the X-70 into the historical craft that it had been known for. In truth, she liked the design and the interior already looked nice enough, it just needed her little touches to personally make it hers and less of a ship made for infiltration. The engine, however, was something that she couldn't remove and thus the ship flew like a ghost through the void, the engine making very little noise as it broke through the atmosphere towards their venue.

Perhaps unknowingly, they both shared the same sentiment in regards to how long it had been since they had last seen each other. Their childhoods had mostly been interwoven, spending a large majority of each day in each other's company, watching the world go by or getting into some form of mischief. Now they were grown up and mature versions of their former selves, both in occupations that suited them; though it was clearly Nilia who had the more important job and no arguing about such things would fix that. She was a painter with a hobby in history, she was a senator and to her, the comparisons seemed very shifted towards her best friend when it came to importance. Still, the work of an artist never ceased and the right commissions and playing the right cards meant that earning money was as easy as doing something as she enjoyed. In this case, Flavia showed it in her choice of attire; a full black dress that gave her a sense of style and class, perfect for the supposed venue that the CIS had chosen.

The ship landed at the right coordinates, the vessel's autopilot making sure the coordinates delivered the duo to the correct location as they'd find not an exquisite hall or anything of the sort but more so rows of tents and crowds of scared men, women and children. Having walked out with her entire kit with her under her arms, she seemed to take a double take and blinked over and over... Trying to come to terms with the fact that this whole commission was for a refugee camp rather than a city of peacefully living towns people. The horrors of war was right in front of her, the shockwaves of conflict brought to her in direct exposure yet she took a deep breath and maintained her composure. Sheepishly she looked over to Nilia and simply remained silent. She hoped the two would try to do their best despite the circumstances and do what neither of them were expecting to do...

Help people.

[member="Nilia Saavilin"]

Strategy: Stealth and distraction
Interacting with: [member="Katria Vekarr"] l [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
Nearby: [member="Varik Ice"]

The slight mist that covered the area combined with the ever-dark shadows from the looming canopy provided the perfect environment for sneaking around, true the Vong were also suited to this environment, but the darkness and shroud was Kurenai home. A place that she was born into and live along side, though not a master at stealth, such condition favoured her to the point where she could be, unfortunately someone wanted to ruin that cover with explosives.

As the two women conversed Kurenai slipped in behind Katrine, giving her a 'on no you don't glare', at the mention of making an entrance, "I would appreciate it if you held off on the explosives for now, it would be more beneficial to wait until all our troopers were in position first before you alerted the entire colony to our presence and botch up the entire operations". "That is not to say your plan is without advantages, if you so please yourself and maybe some others could serve as a distraction with said explosives, draw the guards away and allow us to sneak closer to our objective".

She turned her head to Vekarr, interested in what Intel she had gathered so far on the area, "Do you have an idea on where said explosives could be detonated to seem like a possible attack, attract the most attention and cause a significant amount of structural damage"? Though a means to draw out troops, there was not down side for said 'distraction' not to further their goals, and all in one tactic that would speed things up. An attack that would be believable and cause mass confusion/damage, Kurenai just hopped the agent had enough time to scout out the area to find a suitable location.

Lemon

Citrus Dreams
Koda Fett

Rodia, Savareen Sector, The Outer Rim Territories
Entry Point 1
Strategy: Stealth
Nearby: [member="Katria Vekarr"], [member="Varik Ice"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]
The Mandalorian had not worked for the Confederacy of Independent Systems as of yet, and truthfully he still had not, for he was being paid by the Sovereignty and more importantly Varik Ice; the High Sovereign. Although the CIS had been his adversaries at one point, and one of their members had even been captured by the infamous bounty hunter and was later sold for a hefty sum of credits. He may of earned his fair share of dirty looks but in the end it didn't matter, he was here to help whether they liked it or not.

​Fett remained kneeled down by Agent Vekkar, his visor cycling through vision modes as the rangefinder was folded down over his visor, scanning and searching as to what was ahead of him. He didn't say anything, he didn't do anything but make personal observations. Within his grip the carbine was held with a firm grip. Koda didn't work well with others, that much was well known as per his reputation. Instead of carving his own path he waited for the signal, at that point his attack would begin.

Tags: [member="Daxton Bane"] [member="Kalee Bladesworn"]

All was quiet on the northern front it would seem. From his macrobinoculars he could see the occasional vong guard, but not much else. Over time a few CIS troops made there way to entry point two but overall it seemed as if a majority was not there. Maxerian could only assume they were going to attack from the southern entry point. This could be good, it would be quite the distraction. Two from the meeting point seemed to have there own agendas as they headed off inside the compound. Gron decided to wait for a bit longer and get a better observation on the surrounding area. It was then he spotted next to the original bulbous building was something that looked akin to a hanger. That was quite interesting, that meant these aliens had some sort of flying technology or perhaps like everything else they had it was just more organic technology.

That could be a very strategic target though hinder there main means of escape, trapping them in like animals. He checked his sides, and he had approximately four thermal detonators on him, if they were well placed they could be enough, otherwise he might have to try and scavenge from the Vong themselves if he could even discover how there technology even works. However he would cross that bridge when he got there.

He was curious at the true extent of the manpower within this outpost, it could turn out to be a truly bloody battle depending, though call it a gut feeling but the Mustafarian was not too worried for CIS losses. He figured they probably were bringing droids which would take on most of the casualties, however unlike most organic beings droids were very easily repairable. It's what made them a force to be reckoned with, and it made it seem like causalities were skewed to one side.

So now Maxerian would wait for the sounds of fighting or explosions or a signal to attack from someone higher than him, and when that time came he would wreck hell upon these Vong. They would understand the true power of a Mustafarian and they would tremble. Or perhaps Maxerian would find himself in a puddle of his own blood. Only time would tell now.

OBJECTIVE: Learn of the Vong, Then destroy them.
TEAM TAGS: [member="Daxton Bane"], [member="Maxerian Gron"],
OTHER TAGS: [member="Koda Fett"], [member="Kurenai Yumi"], [member="Flavia Protanus"], [member="Kilia"], [member="Nilia Saavilin"], [member="Nyx"], [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"], [member="Varik Ice"], [member="Katria Vekarr"],

I could feel the emotions of others. Nervousness, and anticipation for what is to come. Even the opposite of clarity and decisiveness could be felt from a few. Feelings these allowed me to have an insider view of everyone without even reading their thoughts. However, that was just the smallest. I did notice the Zabrak Master Bane had gone off in his own direction. The Mustifarian had stayed back for a moment. Patience flooded his emotions. He was a man who could stay there for hours if needed. Soon he began to move.

I took my time. While I was not the best at sneaking upon my enemy or prey, I had hunted before, and knew what it took. Keeping sure that I had stayed downwind from those who could potentially even smell me. Even then, from the direction the emotional trail that the Mustafarian was taking, I knew he was headed towards the landing pads they had. I smiled. He wanted to close off the possible escape for any who wished to do so. Upon coming up to a guard of my own, I slowly pulled out my nightsister dagger. Slowly creeping up, raising both hands to his neck, and with an easy jab into the throat, I reached in front of his face and covered his mouth. Attempting to stifle any screams or noises he might make. As soon as I did, I slowly leaned him down. Letting his body weight rest against me to be gingerly placed on the ground.

Touching the side of my ear, I remembered the motion that had to be taken to talk to the others. I decided that now was a good time to throw my idea of what could go down as a plan.

"When most of you have planted your devices, I'll storm the Command and nab one or two of them. That should give a good distraction for you all to detonate. Deal?"

I mean, it was a good idea. Attacking outright the main command would draw a lot of attention towards the center of the camp. From there, detonating all of them at the same time would send them into a chaos for us to end those who attempted to escape. The rest would burn within their encampment. However, if others decided that they wanted to blow up chit earlier, then I would hop in as soon as I could to grab the leaders of this camp.

Speaking of which, I was making my way around the side of the building. Keeping low and out of lights or sight. Gently, I clambered upon the cargo they had next to the building. Easing myself up and climbing onto the command structure. Being rather tall, I jumped up. And instead of trying to climb and scramble up, I aided myself with the force to "solidify" the air so that I could walk up the side, and onto the building's roof. Easing down into a crouched position, I waited.

Strategy: Stealth and Sabotage.

It hadn't taken long for other members of her tactical group to reach her position. While there was a small reflection of concern and curiosity on her face, her mind continued to fix itself upon the ultimate goal. They didn't have much time, nor much in the way of resources, so as she was approached by Katrine, Kurenai and Koda Fett she made note to address each one of them specifically; though it was particularly challenging to bring herself to put the young blonde in harms way. She's too cute to throw into the fire. Was the only thought she could muster before she came to re-grip her focus.

"I brought better," she breathed as she turned to the blonde, met her gaze and smirked slightly as she pulled her satchel around in front of her. Tucking her disruptor tightly against the back of her arm, the agent edged just a bit closer to Katrine, slid a stack of time triggered explosives into her lap and placed her hand lightly over it with her own. "Attach the device to your desired target, punch in the time discussed in the briefing and flip the remote activation switch."

For a woman like herself, the instructions were quite simple, but as she relayed them to the younger woman she couldn't help but emphasize her explanation with a firm, but gentle, grip of her hand. Could the blonde handle the task she'd inquired about? That was debatable. What the agent did know, from all she'd learned between operations, was that this girl was very capable of taking care of herself with unnatural means. She's lucky she's so karking cute.

Next she turned to Kurenai and, while she didn't have much familiarity with the woman, she couldn't help but feel a chill run down her spine in close proximity with the woman.

"I can't speak for some, but our orders are to rig this place to blow with enough time to make a clean escape," she explained as she noted the woman's not-so-subtle don't-you-dare glare. The very notion brought a grin to the young agent's face, amused with the idea that the other woman was a brief step ahead of her. That moment quickly came and passed as she heard an unsettling sound from within the hatchery, her mind racing quickly over what she'd learned about the Yuuzhan Vong's technology. "We have to reach their warrior cluster, or this will go from unfavorable to disastrous very quickly."

Urgency overtook her calm tone, but her body remained completely calm. Only one more in her proximity required a forward operation. She could see others collecting in various positions in the distance, though she was unable to see where Daxton had gone, and quickly made notes as to each of their talents; even if a couple were well outside her apprehension. Turning to Koda, a man she recognized on principal of his composure alone, she unslung her disruptor and tilted her gaze up to his.

"You may not remember me, but I remember you." She began and slowly shifted her weight so she was prepared to stand when she was ready. "There is one thing I'm confident about regarding the Yuuzhan Vong outside of the myths, rumors and ghost stories."

She breathed evenly as she spoke, flipping through a scrawl of text on her vambrace as her eyes diverted away from Koda's for a short period. Several isolated code fragments scrolled across the screen, including a number of highlighted details, but when everything relevant had been collected she looked up at the man in front of her.

"While it's not much, I have reason to believe that their so-called crab armor isn't a myth at all," she continued, her breath hitching in her throat for a moment as she imagined what it must look like. Dismissing the image from her head just as quickly she tapped her vambrace and turned it so the hunter could see what she had mustered. "If they implement it we'll need more than a few explosives."

While the words held a strong truth, she hoped to all kriffing hell that it wouldn't be true.

[member="Kurenai Yumi"] [member="Koda Fett"] [member="Katrine Van-Derveld"]

Rodia, Refugee Camp, Unknown Time

“Please tell me you brought a change of clothes.”

Even though her tone was light in an attempt to bring humor to this… Situation (One might call it an unfortunate one, but at the moment such thoughts were certainly inappropriate; it was obviously more unfortunate these poor people had been displaced in the first place). Nilia could hardly believe it, but it was true. Her friend had been hired to be a distraction, and she had played right along to the tune. Anger wasn’t what she was feeling, but it felt much more like someone had pulled the rug out from under her. Entertaining she could do. Inspiring hope? Was that in her repertoire? There wasn’t a choice now. It’d have to be. They couldn't turn back now.

Seeing the Glaucus’ expression, the politician in Nilia reared it's noble head, “We can salvage this. I’m sure they’re eager for anything to make them forget about the threats around them…” She muttered quietly to her friend. She had, thank-the-stars, at least made the choice to wear pants, albeit a dressy pair. Being restricted in a dress would not have been ideal considering the environment.

“We could set something up, for the children perhaps. Between the two of us we’ll figure it out. Right?”

[member="Flavia Protanus"], NPCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom