Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Place Among The Stars [Galactic Alliance Tier 3 Dominion of the Copperline Hex.]

Isaiah Dashiell

I
G U I D E
Aboard Tiefling 6
In orbit over Kriselist
Objective III: The Coin of Many Faces
Sub-Objective: Help [member="Magdalena Lethe"] with stuff

The engines revved once before the ship lifted off and exited the hangar. All the while Isaiah was grimacing, but this was part of his job now. Well, not technically but when the one who is feeding you says all hands on deck you show up first and early. He eased the control yoke forward sending the ship hurtling through the inky blackness of space. He could see Kriselist from the viewport; a blue, brown, and green marble. EH.

It was a little bigger than a marble.

Okay, a lot bigger.

He shrugged the thought away and followed the other Tieflings into the atmosphere of the planet.

Allies: Unknown
Enemies: Unknown
Objective: Rebuild social housing

Here IGR was contracted to build a whopping 500,000 units of housing - that meant possibly thousands of high-rise buildings scattered all over Kriselist. The estimated cost of the project: 30-35 billion credits. That was well in line with Ugohr's estimates when he was consulted to rebuild entire city blocks in the Financial District on Coruscant. Roughly twice as much as the entire budget of Azure. Cathul wasted no time commissioning as many architects as she possibly could, so that each of them could carry out their segment of the megaproject. They wanted as many different varieties of buildings as there were neighborhoods. She knew architects were often dreamers, especially those with the expertise to build high-rises. But would that mean that Kriselist would become a nightmare of disconnected high-rise buildings? That was one thing she would probably be disliked for: a lack of architectural rhythm. Yet, who was she to judge? She was more urbanist than she was an architect. At this point, though, excavation continues and the next phase would begin, even though the initial excavation is not yet complete, work on the pilings began in earnest.

"Boring equipment is in place"

"Commence drilling for pilings"

"When can we expect the duracrete for the pilings to arrive?"

"In about a day or two"

The man stared at her for a second as if he tried to recognize her. Kaili was still trying to get used to that; the idea that people would suddenly seem to be somewhat aware of who she was. She was far from a household name, but being the face of a corporation that helped rebuild Coruscant was most certainly bound to attract some attention, unwanted or no. The man’s brow dropped and he didn’t seem to make as much of a fuss about her name as the girl had already expected. Truth be told it was almost Kaili herself who would be the one to perk a brow.

“Well I hope you don’t mind me saying, Kaili Talith,” The man grinned. “But you don’t really strike me as the kind of woman who would visit such places.”

The girl broke; her eyebrow quirked out of curiosity. “Oh really?” She said as she leaned back with an ever growing smirk. “Where do you think you’d see me then, Mister Serrano?”

“Oh you know. Board meetings, workshops, drawing board…” Quin said — grin withstanding.

The girl laughed out loud. “Well, maybe you would. Who’s to say a girl can’t enjoy both?”

“Common sense.” The man responded with a retort as dry as the dunes of Tatooine.

Kaili laughed again. “Maybe so.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, ma’am-” Quin began.

“Kaili.” Kaili interrupted and the man snickered.

“Alright then. If you don’t mind me asking, Kaili,” He threw a quick glance around them and then shrugged. “What are you doing here?”

The girl looked around as well, tried to see if anyone was listening. Her eyes saw nothing, the force sensed no one. The girl nodded and then looked back at Quin. He was a likable sort, knew how to talk to people and make them feel safe. A trait as equally beneficial to the wielder as it was dangerous to those he surrounded himself with. Still, he felt pure at heart and Kaili wasn’t going to turn away from a conversation based solely on unbased paranoia.

“Hiring.” Kaili said rather plain.

“Hiring?” The man inquired as he ran a hand through his scruff. “For what?”

Something caused the man to grow nervous. Kaili leaned back again.

“It’s a personal matter, why?”

Post 4​

Objective Four: Down the Darkened Path I Wander (Calonica)

The pair walked through the dusty and musky cave, that awful smell following alongside them like a third companion. At times, Rolen slowed his walk to wipe at his eyes with a sleeve, while Geloyra simply kept a hand covering her nose. "This smell is starting to become to much," Rolen said wiping his eyes again. Geloyra couldn't pinpoint the cause of the smell, but to her, it reminded her of the time she had forgotten to cover some of her Mother's veggies, which turn to rot fast in the humid air of Endor. That smell was horrid, but paled in comparison to this assault.

Rounding a corner, the two spotted an opening in the distance, where a small, gentle breeze greeted them; thus pushing their intruder away from their noses. Upon closer inspection, there seemed to be some manner of illumination lighting the path ahead. "Do you smell that," Geloyra said smiling. "I know that smell!" The young Jedi girl dashed around Rolen, charging toward the entryway. Rolen, the cautious one of the two, shouted for her to stop but Geloyra ignored his words. Rushing in, her black eyes glazed over with joy. Rolen, catching up to her, was about to chide her for her carelessness when the sight before him halted his words in his throat. Before them was the most beautiful arrangement of plants and flowers, all varying in different shapes, sizes, and colors. The sight was something to behold, so much that even the greatest artists of the galaxy would weep tears of happiness for a chance to see something their creative minds failed to construct.

Geloyra walked to one of the purple and red plants, crouching down to examine it. "We should be careful, Geloyra. We don't know what these plants are or could do." Geloyra loved plants and flowers. They were, in her opinion, the epitome of innocence. She valued and respected them. It wasn't just because she was a Jedi that she worked diligently to keep the flowers and plants functioning back at the Jedi Temple. It was because, regardless if the galaxy shared her opinion, these were living specimens; deserving of the same rights as aliens, humans, and any other creature that lived among the stars on different planets. When she vowed to protect the galaxy from evil and darkness, she included these beauties.

Then, without warning, a chorus of voices began to flood her mind. Geloyra glanced quickly up at Rolen, who seemed to be unaware of the voices dancing all around, and then turned her attention to the grove. The plants and flowers where talking to her. Unfortunately, the voices where jumbled, and at times, seeping into one another. "Keep watch," she said before moving into the center of the grove. Plopping down, she crossed her legs over one another, gently placed her palms on her knees, and finally closed her eyes slowly. Her Mother taught her many meditation techniques, but it wasn't until she joined the Jedi Order that she began to master them. Opening her mind up through the Force, she tried to slow down the voices that rushed at her in high velocities.

Snapping her eyes open, she jumped to her feet, placing her hand on her hilt. The plants and flowers, after she understood what they were saying, kept repeating one word over and over. Danger! "What is it, Geloyra," Rolen asked gripping his pistol tighter. "They say we are in danger."

Then without warning, just as the red lightning struck down the tree trapping them inside the cave, a bellowing roar of rage erupted from the far side of the grove; where another entrance, or exit, resided. The Force screamed at Geloyra with tremendous force that it nearly knocked her back. The two stared at the entrance as a shadow jigged on the outer wall. What came through was pure horror. "What is that!" Geloyra knew right away what it was. She had learned about them in some of her lessons back at the Temple, even read a few reports about them; but she never thought she would witness one in her lifetime. Igniting her blade, hoping it would be enough to do the job, she whispered one word, "Sithspawn."

The abomination at one time resembled a Rancor. Not a Bull or a juvie, but something in between. Red embers of hate flashed in the creature's eyes while it's claws, enhance tremendously, slashed at the air in front of it as it turned it's gaze to the pair. The flesh, ripped and cracked, had pockets where the exposed innards appeared. But for all the horror this creature was, it was the countless spikes that covered the creature nearly from head to toe that demanded true fear from it's prey. Geloyra gripped the hilt of her training blade tighter than she had ever done, while her light golden skin began to change color, for fear had invaded her soul.

Two days for the duracrete (and rebar) to arrive for the pilings? That was long, too long for their own good. It took about that long to dig the hundreds of holes required to pour the duracrete into position to build the pilings of the 70-floor main building of that district, which was to look not much different from Mandalorian business districts in terms of architecture even though, since it is mostly used for social housing, its urbanistic function will be quite different from your average CBD. All that she thought about was about using pyrokinesis at long range so that the rebar bars used to reinforce the duracrete would actually hold. Admittedly using the Force for welding didn't mean that she had to be using it at a power high enough to weaponize it. But the bottom of the pilings were about 40 meters deep; 40 meters meant that her power was to be stretched a little thin. She had to alternate between pyrokinesis and Electric Judgment to make sure that the work was well-done: pyrokinesis for the actual welding, Electric Judgment to ensure that welding was made properly.

"Ready, space witch?"

"Roger, roger" she replied as she used pyrokinesis to weld two durasteel bars into place.

"Wow, that's one hell of a space witch!"

"Can you help me here? It appears the electronics on the crane have broken down"

"I sense that something needs to be soldered. Just be patient"

Arieth zh'Vranthi

Galactic Alliance Ambassador
Objective Three: The Coin of Many Faces.
Aboard Galactic Alliance Diplomatic Vessel the Dawn of Sullust.
| 22 |
Contract Confirmed for IGR Brokerage

ATTN: Ms. [member="Cathul Thuku"]
IGR Brokerage

Ms Thuku,

The Galactic Alliance along with the Kriselist have reviewed the humanitarian aid and reconstruction provided by IGR Brokerge for the rebuilding of social housing on the planet. We are greatly impressed by your contribution and bid. The funds to fulfill the contract will be transferred to your account.

Thank you once again for your contribution.

Ambassador Arieth zh'Vranthi
The Galactic Alliance

Kriselist
Objective Three
Post 7/5 for Potential Haven Shipyards Contract / Sponsorship for Bid on Trade Station Aurek
[member="Astarii Saren"]

| 23 |

Saffron's interest was piqued. So the man's specialty and role in REC was in research and development? That was interesting. Her smile broadened, and another small incline of her head acknowledged the fact and the offer.

"I would be interested to see what mutually beneficial advances we could potentially move forward with," she replied. Interest glittered in her eyes.

"So Mistah Shule, tell me more about Republic Engineering Corporation. Where does its specialty and focus lie?" the key to making new business relationships was to be aware of how another's business ran and what services were there to offer. Arceneau Trade and its subsidiaries were constantly subcontracting services from other companies; often times placing priority on the local corporations and groups within the sector they were building or working in.

This much was the same for the future construction of the Krislist Trade Station. Sixty percent of the workforce would be local, with Arceneau Trade master craftsmen and technicians leading the fray. If they could hire talent locally then that made the local populace happy and stimulated the economy.

"Did...did you say Sithspawn," Rolen asked, adding his fear into the mix, which the young Jedi could feel, and barely manage since her own fear was tightening itself around her. Fighting back her fear, momentarily, she replied, "Rancor's are slow by nature, Rolen. Judging the appearance of that thing, I'm assuming it's rate of speed and movement are greatly diminished. We need to split up and divide it's attention." Rolen responded by fire a couple of shots at the monster as he moved toward his left, putting distance between himself and Geloyra. Howling madly, the Sithspawn began to move toward the fleshy prey, and just as Geloyra had predicted, it moved at a slug's pace.

Powering down her blade as she slowly sidestepped to her right, she began to recite the Jedi code. "There is no emotion, there is only peace." She took a step forward watching the Sithspawn lumber toward Rolen as he fired at it again. "There is no ignorance, there is knowledge." Not strong in the Force, yet, she scanned the area for something she could use to turn the creature's attention to her. "There is no passion, there is serenity." Geloyra extended her right hand out, focusing intently on a thick, moss infused log as another blaster shot rang out. "There is no chaos, there is harmony." Through the Force, she managed to grab hold of the log lifting it up into the air. "There is no death, there is the Force." Putting all her mental fortitude into the Force, she ejected the log from it's hovering position directly at the preoccupied Sithspawn. The airborn weapon caught the creature completely unaware, as the sharp pointed edge of the log struck the Rancor in it's shoulder, driving deep enough to pierce the flesh; and remain there making their opponent even more slower. Rolen dropped to one knee, sighted down his pistol and release a burst of shots into the creature.

Geloyra, feeling calm once again, ignited her blade and charged the creature when it turned it's back on her in response to Rolen's attacks. The creature sensing the impending attack from behind, did something that neither Rolen or Geloyra expected. It shot several spikes from it's back directly at the Jedi, all but one missing. One of the spikes clipped Geloyra's leg causing her to crash to the floor, her blood splattering the nearby plants and flowers. "Geloyra," Rolen screamed rising to his feet directing his shots at the distracted creature's head. The beast stumbled back, fell to the floor, heaved one last breath, and went still.

Rolen ran over to the young Jedi. Before he could make an inquiry about her state of being, he noticed the wound on her leg, a small incursion of her flesh, begin to heal. "Your leg, how's that even possible?" Slowly staggering to her feet, she called her hilt back to her hand saying, "I'm a Firrerreo, Rolen. My species have the uncanny ability to heal quickly." Rolen holstered his weapon, and against her wishes, swept her off her feet. "Don't ever do that again, Padawan. Ever!"

"Rolen," she said slightly irritated, "Would you please put me down."

The seemingly happy man turned quiet, hesitant. He gave the girl a careful glance again, as if he was treading on shards of glass and crystal. Maybe it was something in what the girl had said, or maybe it was the way she had said it? The reasons why the man would suddenly freeze up so was lost on her, but in an effort to make him calm down Kaili eased up for a second. She stopped leaning back on her heel and shook her head while trying to find the words that would break the silence before it turned uncomfortable.

“Nothing big, just… Hiring.” Kaili re-assured the man that he had done nothing wrong. After all, he had only asked a question. There was no harm in that. “Actually, if you need to know, I am looking for a crew. A workforce, really.”

The man stared at the ground. “Oh, you are?” His voice had taken on a lower-pitch, a mumble.

“Yeah, the uh, brawl was me approaching the wrong kind of people.” Kaili snickered and took a step closer to the man. She gave her hand an awkward glance of hesitation before observing as she extended it towards his shoulder. “Is something wrong, Mister Serrano?”

“No, nothing is wrong, Miss Talith.” The man’s voice wavered. A moment passed before he snickered again, tried to bring himself up. “Not sure why you would visit that particular cantina is all.”

Kaili looked out at the busy street before looking at the man again. “Really now?”

“Worst dump this place has to offer.” The man smiled again. Kaili let her hand slide off his shoulder and slump by her side again. “Just, uh, what kind of crew are you looking for? Maybe I can help?”

“Just a crew in general. Someone to monitor the systems, small repairs, maybe the occasional flight.” Kaili shrugged and bounced her head from either side to the other. “Which, yes, I could technically create a droid for, but there are some things I just don’t feel comfortable passing over to an AI.”

“Makes sense.” The man said as his inexperience with such things showed in his clueless expression.

“But yeah, hiring…” Kaili waved her arms by her side. “You seem like reasonable sort,” She said looking at the scruffy man. “You wouldn’t happen to know someone who could use a job, would you?”

The man’s smile slowly faded again.

“As a matter of fact I do.” He said.

“Oh?” Kaili said rather excitedly.

“Me.” The man pointed at himself as the shame proved too much. His eyes set on the floor again.

“... Oh.” The girl perked her brows. “How about that.”

Post 5​

Arieth zh'Vranthi

Galactic Alliance Ambassador
Objective Three: The Coin of Many Faces.
Aboard Galactic Alliance Diplomatic Vessel the Dawn of Sullust.
| 24 |
Contract Confirmed for Aurora Industries

ATTN: Ms. [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Aurora Industries

Ms [member="Taeli Raaf"],

The Galactic Alliance along with the Kriselist have reviewed the humanitarian aid and reconstruction provided by Aurora Industries by improving trade commerce and employing the local workforce. We are greatly impressed by your contribution and bid. The funds to fulfill the contract will be transferred to your account.

Thank you once again for your contribution.

Ambassador Arieth zh'Vranthi
The Galactic Alliance

Noire Vanya Tal

N
1b8aa698d117b8281873289358644d2a.png

T A R M O R D E N
Objective |||
Post 2/5 for Potential Mara Tibx Contract for geological trade surveys down the Corellian Trade Spine
[member="Mobius"]
| 24 |

The discussions with the Trade Council were successful in reaffirming previous agreements and also in working with the local sectors to promote better trade among the worlds. There were be various geological survey's along the planet to determine if there were any ores or minerals that could become potential markets for the planets. If any were found then Mara Tibx would provide a report of the findings and if found to be promising, place a bid in helping export the goods.

For now, new refurbished fuel stations and ports would be established among the smaller worlds, helping to open up trade. Tar Morden was one such stop. A long time ago it had been a world that serviced Techo Union worlds; since then it has moderate industrial capabilities. What really helps it stand out were the recent deposits of precious metals and fuels there. A full survey would need to be completed for the entire world, one that would take time.

For this reason a small base of operations had been purchased by Mara Tibx. Security was provided by Darkwater, and one such contact would be Mobius. They were currently working on a larger contract to serve this sector not only for the Trade Stations, but for the Galatic alliance as well.

Even though Cathul never wanted anything to do with mechu-deru, unlike Jessica, she sensed that the circuits were faulty, and that pyrokinesis may be a little overkill, even at the level of precision at which she was able to use it. Thus she climbed into the crane's control cabin, where its electronics would be located. The motherboard has broken down, and with it the electronics of the crane. She decides to disassemble the control panel using the Force to reveal the source of the motherboard malfunction: a severed cable that Cathul feels more appropriate to solder using roughly the strength of Electric Judgment she would need to defibrillate. Although she was strong enough with Electric Judgment to weaponize it and use it as a taser, she still is reminded of how EJ could be useful here. And how many Jedi failed to realize how useful are powers like Electric Judgment, pyrokinesis, cryokinesis in everyday practice. Luckily several utilitarian uses were accessible to even beginners in these powers. After having used Electric Judgment to solder the wire...

"Systems check, R9"

*beeps*

"Systems operational" She turns to the crane operator. "Now get back in the crane: it's repaired!"

"As you command"

Ciana Teigra

C
Objective: Provide immediate disaster relief, establish Panacea site on Kirselist (GA Contract, Location Codex entry, Tech development)
Allies: Galactic Alliance & Friends ([member="Arieth zh'Vranthi"])
Enemies: N/A

At the university, Ciana was providing a personal tour of the clinic to both the school's chancellor and the mayor of Pryholt along with their little parties of entourage trying to look important. Equipment was still being brought in by transports, but the current setup already qualified the makeshift facilities as a top-tier trauma center.

"For the past few days, Panacea has been providing assistance to all the hospitals in the region, handling their overflow of patients in need of critical care. The Teigra foundation has established some local stations and provided a large compliment of droids to assist their staff, but most of our resources have been funneled here for more efficient management in a centralized location."

The first stop was the field house, entire floors of gymnasiums now covered by rows of beds, and medical stations, most of them in use. One particular gym had been dedicated to housing stasis pods for victims in the worst conditions, many with wounds that would have been otherwise fatal without Panacea's intervention.

"Most of the victims here are suffering from multiple organ failures, including third and fourth-degree burns destroying the skin and underlying tissue. They're being held in stasis while new tissue is being grown for reconstructive surgery."

Along the wall in the far size of the gymnasium, there was a single row of machines - growth chambers for tissue cultures collected from all the patients of the room. On special Force-imbued scaffolds, the tissue grew quickly while also subjected to regular nutrient treatments. Within a few hours, some of the more simple cultures, like bone and cartilage, would be ready for use. It would take a few days for complex organs to be ready. More sophisticated military grade devices could work much faster, but those were costly to deploy and unnecessary in this situation. What was being provided was already better than the norm of bionic replacements.

Cathul was relieved to see the crane back in operation again. Now the crane could operate the lattice of durasteel beams that she used pyrokinesis to weld at range, and do so more effectively than even droid welders: with her power level as a Force-user, she could weld beams in place much more rapidly than a R9 astromech droid could. That were the wonders of space magic for you, she thought. She even decided to use space magic to help in the construction of the lattice of the building's internal structure, over the piling that was already filled with concrete. Thus she was an auxiliary crane that could also weld! Fantastic! Which meant that she could get in some practice in the Force the way she could do things. She always has been, as with the other practitioners of knowledge-as-power that she knew, one to use the Force for utilitarian reasons, on top of any knowledge-and-defense reasons Jedi would normally invoke. And even to integrate the use of the Force in her daily life, which made her much more dependent on the Force than most Mando FUs she knew about.

"Space magic? I've never seen such a space wizard use space magic like you do!"

"You must surely be a gifted lady in the Force: few Jedi would be able to use the Force as you do"

"Thank you"

"Just be careful out there"

Leaving the lush cavern behind, the pair continued through the cave's tunnel system until they finally reached the exit. The forest floor was wet and slick, while the tree's canopy of leaves dripped droplets of rain from the aftermath of the passing storm. "I assume you had enough adventure for one day, Geloyra," Rolen said stopping to adjust his outfit. "Not at all, that was fun!" Rolen arched an eyebrow as he replied, "It appears we have different opinions on what constitutes as fun. Apparently the adventure bug still has a hold over you. Fine, lead the way."

The rest of the trip was uneventful, the two talking in spurts along the way. At last, they reached their destination. The Imperial base was at one time a magnificent structure, built to withstand the test of time. However, since the abandonment of the base, time was not kind. The structure was in ruins in some parts, and the forest's vegetation had stretched it's limbs to engulf the building. There were no signs that the base had been visited recently, leaving Geloyra to ponder if there was anything worth while to discover. She was pretty sure that when the Imperials fled, they either took everything with them or scuttled it. But then she remembered the Sithspawn. If something that took time to create had been left behind, perhaps the Imperials might have overlooked something else.

Cautiously, the duo moved toward the structure, and eventually found an opening in one of the walls that had been created by time itself. Geloyra stepped through first with Rolen close on her heels. "We need to be careful, Geloyra. Imperials are known to leave nasty surprises behind." Nothing could be nastier than a Sithspawn she thought, but she took Rolen's advice to heart. Where they entered, the room appeared to be at one point a kitchen area. Several tall freezers dotted the left side of the wall, while several tables, weather beaten, littered the other side. A few cooking apparatuses were erected in the middle. The ceiling was covered in red and yellow vines that drooped down in some places. The kitchen, which was a main hub in it's heyday, was now silent and forgotten. Nothing would ever be cooked here again.

With nothing to see here, they exited through an ajar door that spilled them out into a corridor. These walls bore the marks of blaster scorches, and bones in raggedy uniforms laid strewn about the corridor. "Rolen, I recall the Imperials leaving the base. There is no mention of a battle taking place," Geloyra said as she examined one of the bone piles. "I can't honestly tell you what happened. The Imperials were all hush-hush about a great many things. Perhaps what you read was a report designed to be false to prevent young curious girls from coming here." Geloyra rolled her eyes. "Come on, there has to be something worthwhile here."

"Some people say that you're a witch, others claim you're more Jedi than witch"

"Here I was using magic for helping out in rebuilding devastated Kriselist. I'm exhausted in my Force-power, I need some time to recharge"

"So your space magic is only usable in bursts?"

"I only have a finite amount of mana; people assume that space wizards have an infinite supply of mana just because the Force is infinite; their access to the Force isn't"

After using pyrokinesis, telekinesis in a rather spammy fashion and a well-placed Electric Judgment spell or two, her computational power has been drained; she needed some cooldown time until she could use Force-healing to remove her headaches so all she does is inspect the working site for any lazy workers or equipment malfunctions. Ouch: am I learning mechu-deru without knowing it? Light-siders can also use mechu-deru in Jedi service: Jessica could do it, why couldn't I? Then again Cathul was not much of a mechu-deru practitioner; she was still self-learning more Force-powers until one day her spellbook would contain too many spells for her own good. It was massive and she was under no illusion that any apprentice of hers, present or future, was going to be learning the entire content of the spellbook. But she sensed that someone got hurt in the process of getting the work done on-site so she feels that she had to be extending her power once again.

Stepping through the litter and rubble that found a new home resting upon the floor, a nagging thought remained at the surface of Geloyra's mind. Finally giving into the thought, she said to Rolen, "Back there at the cave, you demonstrated skills with your weapon. I've met a few deck officers before, and none seemed capable of handling a blaster or the fortitude to face down such an enemy like that Sithspawn. What gives?" Rolen looked at her briefly then turned his head back to examine the corridor ahead. Geloyra shrugged her shoulders understanding that Rolen didn't want to talk about it.

"I was not always a deck officer, Geloyra. Believe it or not, I use to be in the Galactic Alliance army." Seeing Geloyra's mouth open, possibly with another question on the tip of her tongue, he raised his hand to halt her, adding, "I witnessed both valor and horror on a scale almost difficult to believe. Hell, I was there and still find it hard to believe some of the things I saw. War is ugly, Geloyra. But what is more uglier than war are those that fight it. The Sith, and I pray one day young one that you never have to face them, thrive on conflict and war and the pain it brings. But you Jedi, war changes you. Most of the time, in ways that are unforgivable."

Rolen fell silent leaving Geloyra more inquisitive than before, but out of respect for the man she remained quiet. The two arrived to a part of the base that once housed the rank and file troops. The backbone of the Imperial base. Like the kitchen before, there wasn't much here to explore. The barracks, unlike the kitchen, was in a state worst than the kitchen. Every bunk had been overturned, locker boxes smashed, and practically anywhere they looked, they saw nothing but disaster.

"I knew a Jedi once. When I say knew, I meant I was in love with her," Rolen began breaking the silence. "She loved me, but your Order has a rule against certain attachments. So we could never truly be together, but our hearts wanted otherwise. We had been deployed to a planet as part of a military campaign to remove the Sith presence there. The Sith refused to go quietly and what was suppose to be a easy campaign turned into a bloody fight. I lost many friends and she lost many of hers. During one of the battles, she led a small group of Jedi into one of the Temples. I don't know what happened there but when she returned, she had changed. In truth, I began to notice the change in her before that day but my heart refused to accept it."

Rolen waved his hand toward the exit of the barracks and Geloyra stepped out. When Rolen followed, he continued. "When she came out, she came out alone. I looked into her eyes and noticed that she was no longer the same Jedi I fell in love with. There was a coldness and darkness in those eyes, no longer did they hold the same compassion and happiness they once did. She looked around the band of troops that had came along with the Jedi, and before I knew it, she ignited her blade and attacked us. She killed with passion and with unrelenting force. In a matter of seconds she killed three quarters of my comrades."

While they walked, Rolen remained silent for some time. "Rolen, what happened to her?"

"She fell to the darkside and I killed her."

Few space wizards could claim to have 20+ spells in a spellbook; most space wizards were happy with 10-12, if that. She knew a few Jedi Guardians who could make do with 4: the Basic Three (Force-sense, telekinesis, mind trick), as well as Art of Movement. But luckily, she spots someone who had a pretty bad burn at the right leg, after an astromech droid fired its side engines too close to him. So she had to step in and cure the patient using the Force. Growing back the charred skin was not going to be easy. The beskar-clad witch used Force-agility to run towards the patient, making sure that the patient was not in an area where duracrete was being poured. Besides, Cathul knew that some of the pilings were being poured while other areas of excavation were not yet completed; she knew that she had to tread lightly. That might be a little, let's face it, risky but Cathul felt it was good to give a chance to use that construction technique in hopes that it will be faster than just waiting at every step for it to finish.

"Please, stay out of astromech droids for the time being"

"What are you doing?"

"I have to take care of the injury" she said, after a green aura emanates from her hands above the injury, so that the green aura allows for growing back the charred skin, using Force-heal.

"A space witch: I never imagined to see one on a construction site, much less one wearing beskar!"

JE5P3Lh.png

Objective: 3
Post 6 for Fa Holdings

"Lord Fa, please. Sit, sit."

Grishold turned out to be a vigorous man. Clear strength expressed from the way the axe came down and cut off the leg of a... pig on the table, a literal pig, thick in the belly and quite dead for a while now. The Thirriken looked curiously on as the elderly man made clean work of the dead animal in front of him, every once in a while blood splattered on his apron and yet the butcher did not seem to care all that much about it.

But then again, living in a refugee camp -- even a more efficient and cleaner one such as this one -- probably made him used to the sight of dirt and blood.

"The belly slices.
Cut straight through the left, fast yes.
Tasty delicious."
Grishold looked up, curiosity rearing its head in those green eyes. Then he rubbed off the blood and laughed a hearty laugh.​
"Connoisseur of some good meat, are we now?" The Butcher nodded then, in acceptance, before continuing his work.​
"You had a proposal for me, Lord Fa. I read through it, I thought about it and, yet, I am left to wonder... what, exactly, is in it for you?"​
Fa inclined his beak.​
"The Alliance helps.
They offer much to aid them.
It's business for me."
"Ah... so simple pragmatism." A shrug followed the heavy shoulders of the man, while doing a cut here, a cut there. It was surgical, it was neat even in the bloody gore and there was a method to it. Fa saw, clearly, that this Grishold had a history with violence, much history, yes.​
Otherwise he wouldn't have been so... good with the knife.​
"I can work with that."​

It was a bit like a scenario out of a fairy tale of sorts. The rich and young company director who stumbled upon a man down on his luck and hired him. The mere craziness of the idea had Kaili reconsidering. She had just met this man, she didn’t know him, yet something about him made her really consider it. He was a rugged man with a scruff that few could match and his heart seemed to be in the right place. Which, if you considered Kaili’s most recent Cantina encounter was already a step up in itself. Her eyes darted up and down as she tried to see beyond his appearance, poke at what he had to offer.

“So what do you do?” Kaili asked. Her lips curled into a vague smile and she tried to sound as encouraging as she could. The man clearly had his issues with the fact that he was in his current position, she had to at least try and make it more bearable for him.

“What do you mean?” Quin responded as his head seemed to lift from the floor and carefully set his attention at Kaili.

“What do you do? Have you had a job before?” Kaili answered the man’s question and urged him to look straight at her. The man obliged, straightened his back and took a deep breath.

“I used to work in the factories.” He said. Kaili perked her brow, her interest piqued. “Had to keep the conveyors running. We sold weapons to the Lords of the Fringe when they were still a thing, but with their dissolution I quickly found myself out here on the streets as the factory closed down for good.”

“But they’re open again, aren’t they?” Kaili asked out of surprise at what she was hearing.

“Droids took the job.” The man gave the girl a serious look and for the first time in a good while Kaili felt something that she hadn’t expected herself to feel. At least not in this context, not in regards to her own job.

Her stare lingered, her voice lowered into an inaudible. “Oh.”

It quickly became her turn to stare at the ground.

“I can offer you a job, if you want.” The offer was genuine. Kaili owed the man. “Pay might not be the best but I can offer you food as well as a roof over your head.”

The man’s brows perked, his sadness still showing. “Oh?”

Post 6​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom