Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Our Finest Hour | SO Populate of Mustafar

df9oq0y-f22f7990-8395-4662-b9e1-a9fc2b16de9c.png

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Darth Moskvin Darth Moskvin Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva Domina Prime Domina Prime
Objective II
Jutrand.

The Dark Lady, High Tribunal, looked down upon the fire and chaos that consumed Jutrand. She looked up to see the moon-like structure of the Malsheem hanging in the sky. Its spherical shape looked like a burning sickle hanging over Jutrand, as if ready to reap its citizens like the foodstuffs of Greeve.

She had to commend their strategy.

She could not say she had not expected some kind of reprisal, but this was quicker and far more effective than she had anticipated. That only meant she had to be all the more vicious in her counterattack.

"Gather the nightseekers."

The shadows of the room thinned suddenly as her assassins spread out to assemble their forces and launch the counterattack. Meanwhile, Darth Ophidia herself unrolled a massive roll of bantha hide. Its inside, once beige, was nearly covered in intricate symbols of dark arcane power, interwoven and connected through the geometric lines.

A sepulchral priest handed her a bowl of pale bone, then bowed and bared his throat. Her bare fingers brushed his skin and opened a wide gash. Blood poured from the wound to fill the bowl until the liquid dripped from the sockets of the skull in her hands. He leaned back up and clutched his throat in an attempt to stem the flood, but it seeped through his fingers like water through a net.

"Darkness beyond darkness."

She flicked a spray of blood in the northernmost corner of the hide.

"Death beyond death."

The southern corner next.

"Power beyond power."

The eastern.

"Purpose made manifest."

And finally the west.

"Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut!"

A dark tremor rippled through the world of Jutrand. The corpses had piled high already in the first strike, but it would only serve to bolster the armies of the dead. And while the Kainite fought the deathless horde, a resource she knew they would expend with time, she would strike at their dark heart.

Her eyes peered up to the Malsheem in the sky.

Hit Me One More Time
----Type O Negative (R.I.P Green Man)----
HblKsss.png

Objective: Kill...Eat...Repeat II
Gear: Staff of the Damned / Talisman of the Witch / Magical Gems / Bow of Immolation / Hilt
Familiar: Archimedes
Tags: Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia

To the unbridled minds, there lies within the galaxy only two philosophies that should ever be followed: to live or rise from the cold graves of death. Now I shall speak first of the one philosophy I possess no true understanding of; being robbed of it early on in my life. The Living. These people, or rather, entities, seek to uphold their standards of living ways via politics, backroom deals, or other shady deals to continue their existence: most via to keep their greed in line. These people, inbred to maintain their financial hold upon any that fails to properly succumb to their dark ambitions. Then we have those that serve the dead, which is truly an umbrella to those that don't understand why bad things happen to them: karma hurts.

...And today, for my story in this schism, I shall speak, elevate, and commend the dead for their part in testimony. The dead, I should point out, never get their ceremonious day under the sun: always portrayed as the monsters of nightmare, well, today they will be portrayed for what they mean to mean: heroes. Whilst the battle raged like a young teenager girl's hormone; I watched my Irit puppets die; cut down sadly. And I recreated to those deserve honors.... brining unholy abominations back; but I did have sacred ones I wished to succeed.

L'adotka was a young boy, living as a pauper, stealing for survival. Not a murder, but a survivalist in a training camp who was not only robbing to put food in his belly; but that of his sister with one crooked leg that prevent her to fend or survive without L'adotka: her name eludes me so we shall call her Dove. Sadly, L'adotka was caught robbing a kiosk to feed his younger sister; hoping to find medicine to ease her sufferings; and sentenced to hang for his crimes of love for his sister.

And we have Lucy Mae; or Beauty, to her friends who like our dead hero in the previous story played the girl of the night on days off from playing stripper on the days she made her credits to feed both herself and her cat. For her, before true laws came into play, she was literally at the mercy of her landlord; who demands either of payment via credits or a sexual favor, Feeling sad and lost as well; she took razor to her wrists; killing her cat to ensure his legacy would protect her in the afterlife.

And then we have, Doris, a housemaid since she was 10; now drawing on 72. She worked her hands to bone and callouses; only to be fired for a misunderstanding with the mistress of her Master's house. Emotions overflowed her thoughts, and purchasing a high powered hand cannon; she returned killing the entire household before turning it upon herself.

Tragedies, horror stories, and stories of forced death and murder I prey upon. Every army has its ranks, and their generals. And for me, my army of undead soldiers where lead by L'adotka, Lucy Mae, and Doris: with a index finger of rotted flesh caught underneath and blood stained polish I screeched: and my generals sent their fellow lost souls further into the fray. I've always hated sending my children to a second death; I believe by raising them up I robbed them of their afterlife; and when they died a second time: ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

/div]

Carnifex kicked off from the point of impact, flipping through the air, before landing deftly on both feet. The ground cracked and split beneath Him, the entire castle shuddering violently from the sheer magnitude of their confrontation. There was a very real possibility that they would destroy Vader's old fortress if they continued, whittling down the castle until not even the foundations remained. The castle had already suffered much in recent memory, attacked by Mandalorians, and ransacked by the Brotherhood of the Maw. Perhaps this would be the final nail in the coffin of an old legacy.

Red blade snapped to life, illuminating Carnifex in a hellish glow. The runeblade, which had briefly been left to rest after its attack had failed, stirred to life and shot through the air back to the Dark Lord's side. "You will burn in the fire of your own making, Empyrean. Your grip is slipping, I can sense the Worm." Carnifex assumed a pose reminiscent of Makashi's opening stance, His lightsaber held down at a forty-five degree angle. The larger runeblade levitated in an orbit around Him, the blade tipped down towards the ground.

When the shadows churned and writhed around Him, blades of sharpened night protruding through the darkness, He was prepared. They came at Him from all directions, up and down, left and right, forward and back. Those directly in front and above Him He handled with His lightsaber, the Dark Side coursing through His weapon to allot it the killing stroke it required. His runeblade bounced and danced at His back, protecting His flank from those blades that sought to sink deep into His flesh. Beneath Him, His own shadow moved of its own volition, striking down the blades that arose from below with a chortling laugh and cheshire smile.

Any other being would've been cut to ribbons, suet stained across the broken earth. But the Dark Lord of the Kainate was so far removed from mortality, He commanded the powers of the Dark Side like few others could in the galaxy. Empyrean was on His level, and their powers ebbed and flowed with one another as they clashed. Carnifex had built His power by His own hand, toiling and studying deeply of the ancient scrolls. But He would always be incomplete, a fundamental part of Him absent; missing. As long as that remained, His full potential would always be out of reach.

rXx9zqU.png

That other missing part watched the attack on Jutrand proceed with a calm demeanor, his eyes looking down upon the world as it burned. The Malsheem's command center was a hive of activity, thousands upon thousands coordinating an assault that had been many moons in the making; the culmination of so much planning. Millions of men, hundreds of thousands of tons of munitions, an entire fleet constructed specifically for the purpose of laying siege to Jutrand. Whole generations of strand-cast soldiers had been birthed for this singular purpose, its directive the only impetus for their creation.

It was monumental.

His gaze halted. So far removed from the slaughter below, he had nonetheless caught a pair of eyes looking back at him from amongst the conflagration. Demiurge smiled and raised a hand in a mock greeting, a gesture he knew would be seen. In high orbit above Jutrand, no creature should have been able to see him, but he had found one that he knew could.

"Come to try again, perfidious one?" His voice was barely a whisper, yet it would find its way to her ears. "You'll find we've prepared for you."

The shadow of Sith great and famous to those lost to the purges of history and time attacked Carnifex in unison - but for all that the Sith were, Carnifex held them back. It was a testament to his dark strength, forged in the crucible of the Dark Side, through struggle, through ambition. Many Sith fought with hatred alone, but Empyrean rarely felt such mundane emotions - but rather the deep and powerful draw of ambition, and all that came with it. He could respect Carnifex for what he is, but he would kill him for what he was not.​
"The Worm is nothing. He fell before my strength, just as you shall. Just as the Snake. Just as the Galaxy.", he said as he paced back and forth outside the confines of the shadow war. Carnifex was pulling more from his depths to fight against the torrent of power Empyrean held - but the dark side began to seep into him. His knuckles tightened as the emotions he held within slowly crept out.​
"Nothing will stand in my way, Darth Carnifex. Nothing.", he said as the voice of the Worm crept into his tones like a symphony of emotions ranging from sadness, to anger, to outright insanity.​
Pressing the open maw of Kala'anda towards the Twice-Tyrant, Empyrean let loose a blast of Force Energy that shot like an explosion. It instantly collapsed the nearest walls, broke a pillar, and shook the castle to its foundations. Were Carnifex its victim, he would be launched from the confines of the castle through multiple walls into the distant lava field - while a portion of the Castle collapsed behind him.​
Many of the shadows crept back into Empyrean before he followed, his shadows with the likness of Bane, Sidious, and Valkorian crept out in a half circle towards Carnifex.​
"Do you truly feel nothing anymore? Not even fear at your imminent death?"​

"And yet you call me mad?"

Carnifex scattered a number of shadow-blades with a swipe of lightning, crackling scarlet arcs of electricity dancing through the air. Some bolts struck the castle walls, blowing holes in them, and causing some pillars to tumble down. The Dark Lord seemed to show little difficulty in fending off the Corpse-God's attacks, numerous as they were, but they kept Him fixed to one spot while He did. Left vulnerable, the Butcher King could do little but weather the Corpse-God's next attack.

The blast sent the Tyrant flying backwards through the air, crashing through one wall, and then another, and then another. Several more from the concussive wave of the blast alone, until Carnifex emerged onto a wide pavilion overlooking the river of lava that ran through and underneath the castle. On one side was the vast volcanic plains of Gahenn, stretching out eternally to either horizon. On the other was a sheer cliff, a torrent of lava spewing forth from the base of the castle that coalesced into another lava river that stretched off into the distance.

Rising, Carnifex brushed some dust and debris from His body. Droplets of black blood splattered the ruins He'd been unceremoniously thrown through, sizzling with heat against the blackened stone and metal. His lightsaber had also fallen from His grasp somewhere along the journey, but it now flew back into His hand. The blade snapped on, crackling red. Carnifex held it aloft before His face, a duelist's salute.

"Fear. Was it fear that drove you that day, Empyrean? Oh, there was ambition when you stood before the people, but was it not fear that forced thy hand? Fear that makes you a stranger to your wife?"

At that moment, the blood that Carnifex had shed when thrown through the castle began to change. The liquid blood rapidly crystalized, hardening into globules of black rock, before long and thin spikes erupted forth; strong enough to pierce durasteel. They would not stop there, growing gradually as they found other pieces of crystallized blood and began to join together. Cancerous growths of pulsating black crystal began to spread out along the path at Empyrean's back.

Then, Carnifex charged, closing the distance in the blink of an eye. His blade lashed out, slicing for Empyrean's limbs and throat. Above them, the battle raged a starfighters danced amidst the ashen clouds. Occasionally larger ships would break through the blanket of ash to crash down somewhere in the distant volcanic fields. Whether they were Eternalist or Kainite was hard to tell, for the vessels of both sides were similar. Surrounded by the hellish landscape, and bound together by hate, the two Dark Lords fought to the death.

"You do not get to speak of her.", he said, the image of Srina Talon Srina Talon flashing before his mind's eye.​
In that momentary distraction, that vitriol that leaked from the Dark Lord, the crystals sprouted from his back. Pain was nothing unknown to him, his corpse form was nothing but unending pain - but they were hard to bend, cracking as he tried to move forward like bones rigid from a break. They were not deadly, but they were able to hold him for the briefest of moments.​
Carnifex in his titanic stature lurched forward, giant and imposing as a duelist as he was, he did not lack in speed. The snap of his movement was known to Empyrean's great and all seeing eye, but the crystals restricted him - he could not truly move. Instead his staff twisted to catch the blade while his ankle caught the bottom. The strike's strength, however, launched him far meters away in a tumble he barely caught himself from - only a few meters from the lava river.​
Even his corpse form would not handle lava well.​
"Mind yourself, Darth Empyrean.", a voice called out in his head, before one of the shadow's looked towards him. He nodded as he stood, planting the staff in the lava once more.​
"There was no fear in the creation of the Empire, but pride. Pride that it was to be done in the Sith way - not by vote and council. I would fertilize the imperial soil with the blood of my enemies."​
Bane and Sidious shadows moved first, physical manifestations that shot out to catch Carnifex from either side in their iconic styles. Duelists of great renown, these shadows may not have lived up to them entirely - but the style in which they fought was near identical. Valkorian's shadow stood back a few meters, raising his hands after a moment to let rip a great, plasma filled surge of lightning that seemed to go through the shadows.​
"Demiurge may serve me yet, Darth Carnifex, but a mad butcher dog like you must be put down...", Empyrean said as he slowly strode back to the fight.​

testing3.gif

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

The battle raged on.

Silvery orbs flickered behind lavender lids while they followed a contest of will and superiority that few would be capable of seeing. Understanding. The varying levels of power that fluctuated through the ether while the edge of a blade that had been gifted to her by blood oath howled in the dark. The mind of the husband that she had once known, better than her own, was a tumultuous pathway that was difficult to follow. Jutrand was…On fire.

An obedient Empress should have remained where told. Safe—While the world burned. The thought of being expected to remain behind mammoth blast doors and rows of Eternalist Sith and Ashen Guard was something she could not tolerate. She had tried. To be what it was that the Sepulcher expected—What Empyrean needed and the Sith Order required. It was not so simple. She could not be bound. She could not be bought, directed, or broken in by rhetoric and dogma.

Enough, was enough.

Her gaze would eventually drift from the ethereal and find focus on a familiar face. Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn would know that look. She—Who had walked into countless battles at her side would know better than anyone, even, Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner what it meant when a decision had been made. It would not change no matter what counsel she received. “…You will need to forgive me, Amelia.”

The emptiness in her expression was akin to that of a stone slab. There was nothing human about the way her expression solidified, deadened, and turned to ice. There was some measure of regret but it was not for reasons any might expect. The Sith were notorious for ignoring any notion of self-reflection but Srina knew, time after time, that her actions oft placed others in harm's way.

Amelia would be no exception. Then again…The Vampirika knew that.

She had known that the moment she’d arrived on Jutrand.

“I cannot stay.”

The whispered words were punctuated by a deafening silence. Where once the Dread Empress stood on Jutrand—There was nothing. There was no smoke. No fanfare, no show of strength, and nothing that might indicate where she was going. One moment she was there. Dressed primly and poised with all the grace of the dark divine. The next, she was not. There and gone.

There and gone.

It was heat that she felt first when she drew her next breath. It was similar to Geonosis, dry and earthy, but there was an undeniable odor of sulfur staining the air. Fire. It felt like what the stories of mortal hell must have been based upon. The ring on her finger had gotten her close to Empyrean. It wasn’t quite as accurate as it had been on Odavessa because Maliphant was much harder to find. He was as much himself as he was the resurrected Worm Emperor. The ice-born woman wrapped herself in a reversed form of tapas to even out the rising vents of warmth that cracked and popped with active lava flow. It didn’t take long to find her destination. Regardless, the treacherous landscape and hazardous materials flying through the air.

It would have been like missing the gravitational forces of one planet crashing into the other. While Jutrand was under assault the true battle between ideology, between titans, was fought on a world that was already wreathed in flame. It was almost poetic. The air was filled with electricity from the imminent threats that walked upon the surface. A blood-red cloak pulled behind her while she moved…Burning. Onyx fabric wrapped around her lithe frame. Far from armor—It was not ideal.

But there was no time for it. No time for anything.

There was only this.

Just…This.

Both Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex would feel her presence before ever catching a glimpse of her. It would come in the form of a searing cold snap that forced the temperature to bearable levels. They would feel it. Taste it. A cloying, wintry bite, that stole breath and the ability to speak in the same modality. Her starkly dressed form was outlined in a silken halo of ivory hair that swept the back of her knees, even, when braided. She could not be mistaken for anyone else.

For the first time in nearly a decade, she let her aura burn as dark as the two Kings who fought one another with such hatred. As Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean moved to return to the fight, he would find himself pinned by the liquid mercury of her gaze. Darth Carnifex would be next while she came to stand in the empty space between them. The bloody crimson of her cloak tussled in the heat and hid her face for a moment. Hid—Thoughts that were plain. “…Stop.”

The singular utterance was quiet, though, charged with the might of a Sith Lord. Words alone held power and the cracked ground beneath her groaned in protest. The sheer weight that the three Sith presented on an unstable planetary surface was mind-boggling. Breaking. “…I have seen what becomes of us—And neither of you will be pleased with the outcome.”

It was not a threat. Both men would know her well enough by now to understand that her threats were never so thinly veiled. She didn’t have the patience for it. Glacial orbs fell to Carnifex. She had warned him not so long ago after visiting his great Ark for the future of the Sith. She had warned him. Her husband would not stop in this crusading conquest. He knew, better.

They both knew better.

“I will not have it. I will not have this.“

There were so many things that had begun to light the fuse of a mysteriously shortened temper. But this? This was by far what grated the most. They were two of the strongest Sith to ever exist at the same time and in the same place. What did they waste such power on? Petty, grievances? A continuation of a bleak existence where the Sith Order crumbled beneath the mass of their collective need to destroy one another? Locked in a cold war that was…No longer cold. It was spilling over. Perhaps, they should both get out of the way and let Ophidia rule. “If you both insist on carrying on…There will be nothing left but ash and dust to claim. No knowledge, gained. No secrets. No crown. No throne. No legacy. Nothing.”

The Echani reached up and unhooked the red fabric that rolled around an expertly crafted black dress. She had been asked, once, what she might do when Empyrean made his move. Her answer then had been the same as it was now. This…Was it. No one else would dare stand between them. Would dare brave this blackened scar of world—Let alone in an impaired state. “If it is blood that you both desire for pennance…To torture and humiliate one another with...”, she raised her hands, pale wrists to the red sky, as her jaw clenched tight. Everything in her…Told her to flee. To do the opposite. To protect…But what would become of them if this was the world they had to live in? What would be left?Take mine. You may revoke your vow, my love.”

Empyrean could forsake their marriage.

“And you, Darth Carnifex, may revoke your oath.”

Carnifex could cancel their contract to protect her and her kin.

“I cannot defeat, nor stop, either of you. I can only stand in your way and offer…The one thing I know that both of you understand. Take of my power to feed your rage, my blood for your hate, and let this feud end tonight.”

Sacrifice.

The sacrifice of a wife, mother, confidant, leader, and whatever role she might have played. This was the reality they were both required to accept. It had come to this because both men were horrendously blind. Sacrifice….Sacrifice might open their eyes.

Carnifex knew the truth of what she offered. Of the precious gifts she carried. It would drive her point home, but more than that, express the significance of her words. She would not idly come to this battlefield and prattle about nonsense. Empyrean…Her beloved. Maliphant. She searched for him within Empyrean every day. Every moment. Srina deeply suspected that after all this time…He also knew her secret. At least, that he suspected.

Even with the best methods available...One could only hide growing twins for so long.

Last edited:

Lliara Daeva

Pharmaceuticals (Save|Kill)
Lliara crouched down at the edge of a building. The red line of her helmet slowly tracked a figure in the city. Just another invader, but one far more efficient to the task than others. There'd been a few skilled in a lightsaber, some with blasters, but none she felt worth noting in the after action report. They'd have the tally of kills, and those she took alive, of course. It seemed unlikely any would be worth her personal retention. Though this one below, now... not a necessary Subject, but one she'd heard of before. A reputation for savagery.

She didn't bother to turn to look at the shadow that suddenly appeared further back. Good that they did too. The last thing Lliara wanted was a confrontation with the creature below. Far too much to do, and Lliara didn't ascribe foot-soldier among her many talents. Let others on the world handle them. Unless critical personnel were at risk, of course.

The words of her unwelcome guest, however, suggested Lliara be elsewhere regardless. No reply was given. They left to find the next on their list to notify despite the lack of response; one hadn't been necessary. After all, one was expected to obey an order, what need was their for affirmation to what was assumed a given?

Demands were something Lliara had not missed being entirely of her own agency. Well, this wouldn't be the first time she'd accepted the burden of someone that thought themself her better. Whether it was born of arrogance or a mere need for discipline in the chain of command, however, remain to be seen. The Mirialan could accept the latter. She'd even tolerate the former -- for a time, but only just.

The helmet lifted then as a Dark Power rose. Lliara scowled. Tsaiwinokka Hoyakut? It was only reasonable to plumb matters of the dead. Why, Lliara herself had once studied them extensively as pertinent to her Masterpiece. Nonetheless, it was not a pleasant thing to behold at scale, in the open, rather than within some form of containment facility.

The Inquisitor vanished overhead and began to race across the rooftops of the city to where they were to gather.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Lirka Ka Lirka Ka | Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia | Darth Moskvin Darth Moskvin

CS3FUG8.png

"A fool's pride," retorted Carnifex, "Built upon a foundation of sand."

The Dark Lord flourished His lightsaber, holding the scarlet blade parallel with His body as His runeblade spun in the air. It stopped, tip angled towards the nearest shadow-Sith, before sailing towards its adversary with projectile speed. Carnifex Himself rushed forward as well, blade dancing as He met His opponents head-on. Visages of ages past rose to meet Him, and He recognized them all; they were Sith of great renown and reverence.

But the feeling was bitter, they were but puppets. Carnifex did not delude Himself into believing they were the Dark Lords risen in spectral form, that madness was for Empyrean alone to embrace. Nonetheless, they were skilled and deadly, and Carnifex fought with all His skill; accumulated over many decades of battle and war. It would take much more than this to bring Him down, though He hadn't been tested so thoroughly in many years.

Shadow-Bane's curved saber swung for His throat, but Carnifex leaned back to narrowly avoid the blade from grazing His neck. Shadow-Sidious was there, relentlessly slashing and cutting. It took a combination of His blade and the Force to keep the phantom emperor from knocking aside His guard. Shadow-Vitiate contended with the runeblade, blocking strikes with open hand and knocking it away with a gust of lightning. That same lightning sought for Carnifex as well, serpents of electricity worming through the air around the other shadows directly for Him.

He countered with His own, a tumultuous flash of light and power, the ground beneath their feet buckling from the sheer force. But Carnifex still stood, yet unbowed. "Borrowed power cannot destroy me, Empyrean, nor can pale imitations." The comment about Demiurge caused the Tyrant's eyes to narrow, a feeling that had been itching His spine again rising to the surface. There had always been something wrong about Demiurge, Carnifex could sense it, but He could never understand it. Perhaps this comment by the Corpse-God was the key to the puzzle, and it made Carnifex's mind whirl.

As the Dark Lord raised His blade, a sudden frigid chill stayed His hand. His head turned, eyes fixing on an empty space in air moments before Lady Srina Talon materialized into existence. He had not expected her to come to Mustafar, to take part in this fight, and for a brief moment the Dark Lord's thoughts turned to the possibility that He could've miscalculated believing that Srina Talon would not interfere in His struggle with Empyrean.

She came between them, her words honed sharp to a razor's edge. Carnifex's stance lightened, but He did not relinquish His grip upon His blade, for it was ever tilted towards Empyrean in preparation for renewed hostilities. But then she offered them a choice, but to revoke that which connected them to her; their shared bond. For Empyrean, it was their marriage. For Carnifex, it was the oath He had sworn. Would they throw it all aside just to destroy one another?

Carnifex thought on this.

The metal plating anchoring His helmet down on His head receded, and the Dark Lord reached up with one hand to remove the top segment so that His face was again visible. "Such is our fate, the wheel spins and we fight to not be crushed beneath it. This contest has no other outcome. One must stand, and the other must fall. Our destiny was determined on Jutrand."

Last edited:

Just as Empyrean moved into a position so that he may attack in this battle of attrition against Carnifex, his spine ran chill with the coldest sensation he could imagine. The presence of his Wife, the only thing that kept him solid to this world had come - and with it a small sense of clarity in the masses of shadows that whispered to him to kill. They calmed the Dark Lord's urge, brought just a touch of his self to the surface, and he seemed to relax amidst the geological turmoil of the lava fields.​
"Darth Carnifex is right.", he said simply, looking unto his beloved who offered her own life to them both. The truth of his children finalized within him - something he hoped to deny so the Worm would not know of them.​
"We are Sith. We are honor bound to fight - for the sake of the Order. To prove strength."​
"Still, I will not kill you, nor... our children for it."​
The shadow of Valkorian turned to Empyrean with that commend, a disgust on his have opaque face -​
"The connection of Family is a liability - one beneath the supposed Dark Lord."​
The visage of Palpatine laughed, Bane growing a grimace. Neither approved, that much was obvious, but it was Palpatine that made his idea clear first - with a simple glance towards Empyrean, he lurched forward to strike at Srina. Empyrean knew the intent, to break him, to pull away from him his final connection to the mortal plane and fall to the Worm Emperor's collective strength. Just before his strike landed, he shattered into smoke lifted by the hot updrafts - Empyrean's hand lifted and struggling to absorb the remnants of the Sith Lord back into his body.​
Bane, however, did the opposite - he moved to strike Carnifex down like a ghost. One to the gut, another to the leg, faster than the eye could see - faster than a rain drop could fall. Valkorian simply stared at Empyrean with disgusted dissapointment before he simply faded into nothing. Only for Bane to soon follow after his surprise attack.​
Empyrean seemed to hunch slightly at this - not able to allow the strength of the Worm to exist within Srina's presence. The likelyhood of the Worm lashing out grew too great, to break their connection once and for all.​
"There is no other way. You need to leave.", Empyrean said with a sudden touch of exhaustion in his tone to Srina.​

testing3.gif

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

The tops of her cheeks stung, chaffing, against the inherent heat of Mustafar. It had always been an inhospitable world of doom and barely contained ferocity. It was fitting that it tried to eschew them from its surface with the force of literal volcanic eruptions. The duel of the true conclusion between the pair of Sith Lords came to a direct standstill in the wake of her arrival. Not because her strength exceeded what they had brought to bear. Not because her words moved them. Not for any reason, other, that the mutual strings they'd sewn willingly into one another.

Strings that neither party seemed willing to sever.

Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex was the first to respond. Not just in words—But by the act of speaking versus accepting the substantial sacrifice that she offered. It would have been simple for someone of such prolific might. She could see it, still. The sudden change in direction. A swift redirect of hateful, baleful energy, from Empyrean to his wife. To take, as no one, had ever been able to do no matter how hard they tried. That was the nature of Sith, was it not?

Consumption.

Be it power, wealth, people, or entire planets—Srina had seen both the past and present King of the Sith swallow them all without hesitation.

But they stilled, speaking of honor, and destiny. The pieces of the puzzle that were so garish slowly unraveled and with Empyrean's admission that he knew what their love had created, before his death, she felt some measure of distant and cold satisfaction. A single child was a glorious thing for her people. Two, twins, was exceedingly rare…And for that, she held a notion of stringent pride. To have them acknowledged by their father, at long last, was not the victory it should have been.

It was a death knell.

"But you will kill us, my love…Just…Not for that."

The words she spoke were inordinately heavy with acceptance. Resignation. They had never spoken of the way Empyrean had come for her on Odavessa. They had never truly spoken about his current state, his power, nor the poison that had partially resurrected him. She could feel it. There were many things that had changed between them. Her right to walk through his mind remained unfettered…But it was a place she could no longer freely go. No longer call home, because it wasn't safe. It was the very reason that she had reached out to Carnifex not so long ago.

The great Butcher was a blight to many. Srina found him to be a dark beacon, a storm, made into a port to call. She had noted the same thing in her youth, a decade prior, but her eyes had been…Gilded, then. Blinded by a concept of neutrality. This was the danger. This was the truth. Her love and death wrapped so closely together that it oft felt like the sweetest, slow, asphyxiation.

Empyrean, Maliphant, was truly her other half. Her life.

Her death.

As she died, little by little, every day - While he was infected by the Worm.

The pale Echani remained still when a Sith Spirt reached through Empyrean with deadly intent. It was different than before and far less easily contained. A ghostly hand clawed toward her face but Srina couldn't make out who it was in the haze. She could taste an edge of old strength. Cultivated, rich, and malevolent. Empyrean struggled to maintain control and she could only…Watch. Her presence had oft calmed him in the past, as it did now, but there was a cost. The spirits attacked her, then Carnifex—Only to be bound. Her unforgiving gaze swept over the red-haired Emperor with a critical eye.

She didn't know whether it was a relief or a horror to know that her husband was still there. Trapped. Still present, somewhere, within the necrotic maelstrom he had become. If Empyrean had all the memories of Maliphant he would know instinctively that his directive was a waste of air. Srina could not leave him. Would not, leave them. "…You know that I cannot do that."

Her voice was steady and quiet, but with the weight of legions. Her wrists slowly lowered and she stepped forward to cement herself more firmly in their way. The slight rebuttals that had been offered were weak, at best, and the notion of it was baffling. Srina wondered, lightly, when it had happened. When two ambitious and vastly intelligent Sith had begun to exhibit such small-mindedness. When—They had simply decided to accept limitation. "My Lord Carnifex, however, is incorrect. Neither of you are destined to be crushed unless you continue to let the wheel turn. You are not insects to the boot of an unthinking Fate...You are the boot. You are the destroyers, Kings, and Masters of your own domain."

"Do not tell me that my Lords have become meek and subservient to such a frail concept. I will not believe it.

Even now…Even still, it was strange. Not moving toward Empyrean. Not turning to him when the darkness became too much to wade through on her own. They were different in many ways. Maliphant had been raised as a slave. He had endured things that she…Occasionally lost her temper, over. He had moved from the lowest of the low to the top of the food chain. Her upbringing had been almost picturesque until family matters drove her from Eshan. He had to reach, fight, and push for every ounce of might he maintained. He'd given everything, including, his life. He wanted power.

Srina did not. Yet, it came to her freely.

And on more than one instance it swept through her in ways that were impossible for her to truly control. Elrood—For instance. That was what she offered them in exchange. To claim her aptitude, potential, and quite possibly, her life. That unconquerable nature that left her standing time and time again. The lives of the two stars she held, so dear, were in the balance. It was everything.

But again... Neither Sith seemed to want it.

"What is it that you must prove? To whom, exactly? The entirety of the Sith Order trembles at your very names. Supplicants fall at your feet and Acolytes feel alive in your wake. You weaken, yourselves."

She breathed, though, her hand fell over her stomach atop dark fabric. That same light-headedness from the Life Day celebration on Jutrand was swift to return when she overexerted herself. Traveling through the glom was facilitated by the ring on her finger, but it took of her being to work outside initial parameters. Not unaware of the absolute irony of an Echani putting their foot down on trial by combat she could only maintain a line of sight. Trapped between a mountain and a falling meteor strike. "You must see it. The deception, the shaken foundation, the result of fractured leadership. The price you will pay when you realize…You've been made the main event."

A pause.

"You're both looking, so intently, at each other. It has blinded you."

They were looking right. Someone else, looking left.

CS3FUG8.png

"A man at war with himself cannot remake the Sith."

Carnifex's blade swept up to protect Himself from the Shadow-Bane's attack, first at His gut, then at His leg. The crackling beam of energy moved to meet the phantom's strikes, sparks flying from the velocity of each defensive gesture. Though anticipating more, the Shadow-Bane retreated back into nothingness, alongside the phantasm of Sidious and Vitiate. With the shades having left the stage, the Dark Lord of the Kainate allowed His saber to dip down towards the ground; before extinguishing completely.

The momentum in their fight, their struggle, had all but evaporated. Neither had foreseen the intervention of Srina Talon, and neither were willing to forsake what pledges they had made to the silver-haired Echani despite the rancor of their feud. It left the two of them in an awkward position, and perhaps one where a path neither of them had believed was possible could materialize. Both had believed that only violence, and the total annihilation of the other, was the sole solution to their contradictions.

Srina offered another path, but could they bring themselves to see it?

"We know of the Snake, Lady Talon. Her betrayal runs deep. She plays off both of us to secure a better hand in this game, and she knows as well as we do that if Empyrean was to triumph then she would have to destroy him as well. We both came to this world with this knowledge in mind, an inescapable truth. It is our way, the ethos of our creed, to betray and be betrayed."

A star destroyer, one of the Kainate's, slipped beneath the clouds; its engines ablaze. It sailed over the top of the abandoned castle, coming to crash down in the plains below. A great spout of flame and ash erupted as it impacted the river of lava, a wave of heat washing over the castle before the tumult subsided. Those that had pledged themselves to the two warring Dark Lords were dying, in droves, eagerly spilling their blood and the blood of those they believed were their enemy. On Jutrand, the carnage was widespread; the world-city set aflame by the machinations of the Butcher King, tens of thousands dying in the span of a breath.

"This contest has only one conclusion, only one victor. The Worm is too dangerous, if we suffer him to again return we will be unmade. The Worm and its host must be destroyed."

The rising dead were no horde of uncontrolled, raging ghouls. Such work was that of amateurs. The dead, military and civilian, Kainite and Jutrandite alike turned their attentions in eerie unison as they pushed back against the agents of Demuirge's wrath. Under the force of the Dark Lady's will, they were like a swarm of ants carrying a single will, a single goal: To hold back the assault.

Darth Ophidia herself, however, would go on the offensive.

She heard Demiurge, and she replied.

"You do not know how I have grown in your absence."

She touched the bleeding neck of the sepulchral priest and let the blood fill the gap between her fingers. Then, her hand moved swiftly to form a circle in the air. The blood that trailed from her fingers suspended itself in the air like a thread. Her hand then slashed through the circle three times at different angles before she placed her hand in the middle of it and was consumed by darkness.

"And if you still think killing you was my intent that day, then you are-"

The world shifted around her as the blood-fuelled ritual of transportation moved her to where she willed. Her essence became nothing, her presence less than shadow, even her mass was obscured in an anomaly of gravity as she shifted to the Malsheem, to Demiurge.

Her hand lashed out like a knife, with the cutting force of a sithsword and the accuracy of a gentle caress she sought to plunge it through Demiurge's back, like she had once considered to do to Carnifex in the Empire before.

"Sorely mistaken."

CS3FUG8.png

The hand plunged, cloth parted.

But continued on as though cutting through empty air, the fabric of the cloak clasped around Demiurge the only solid object placed in Ophidia's path. The image of the Dark Lord, the one that had beckoned for the Pale Assassin, bled color until only a shadowy mist remained. His appearance faded, replaced by a ghastly shade contorted into a yowl of pain and terror. Its entire body shifted, until its screaming visage was now directly facing the Queen of Shadows.

"I am afraid, old friend," the voice of the Dark Lord's doppelgänger rang out across the room. He appeared moments later, materializing as if from mist, standing at the pinnacle of a set of metal stairs at the room's far side. "That it is you who are mistaken." The shade that had once worn the face of Demiurge then attempted to sink its ethereal claws into Ophidia, which would pass through her flesh as easily as her attacked had passed through it. But mere movement through flesh was enough to begin leeching the vitality from the living, slowly drawing out heat until the victim withered into a frigid husk.

Demiurge watched the shade and Ophidia all the while, his lightsaber yet tethered at his hip. He walked down the steps to be on equal footing with the Queen of Shadows. "This is the fulcrum, Ophidia, upon which the past and the future hinge. Empyrean has rushed to his doom, and has left the jewel of this young empire vulnerable. When my counterpart is finished with the Corpse-God on Mustafar, we will ascend to our rightful place once more."

It was then that the lightsaber slipped into Demiurge's grip, his thumb depressing the activator so that a beam of sickly jade ignited into life.

"You should not have stood against us."

As the Star Destroyer burned in the distance lake of fire and brimstone, Empyrean stood in its silouhette like a man damned by flame. In truth, he was - there was no path for him now but the one he had chosen, that which fought him every step of the way. He was struggle manifest, it was all he had come to know, and to choose against that now was antithetical to what kept him going. Acceptance weakened the Dark Lord.​
"Of that, we agree - but my death will not free us of the Worm.", he said with a glance to Carnifex.​
"His machinations run deep - of his memories, I know that much and more, but more is yet trapped away from me. The more I draw upon him, the more he can consume of what is left of myself.", Empyrean said with a deeply grating frown.​
He turned to Srina, though his omniscient gaze never left the Dark Lord Carnifex -​
"My death already came and went, Srina. My sun and sky. All I have left is time to secure a safe legacy for our children. The Worm must be dealt with, but it will require the strength of an Empire to rid us of what we have done to him - to destroy the Worm, destroy his infestation of strength in our world, all require more strength than I hold at present."​
"That strength draws flies. Darth Carnifex, Darth Ophidia, many more - all must be dealt with so that I can end that which hunts us beyond reality. Else the day will come that they will strike out at what we have built in their greed, and our children will not be immune from their hunger. An Empire to save them, an Empire to damn them. It is all I have left, Srina."​
"Those who would threaten our children and their security must be removed. As too shall I, because I hold the greatest threat to them deep in my soul. There simply is no other way."​

Objective II
Allies:
Kainates
Enemies: All the other inferior Sith and their friends

Every rebirth was baptized in blood. And Lirka was overjoyed that this time it would be the blood of the Sith that baptized her new form, the Kainate assault had lit the destructive fires of her foul heart. A chance to reach out and bring about the true suffering of the Dark onto the Capital, it was a glorious thing. And with it's brutality, the slaver had become general: the same savage tactics she had used to pacify Moridinae and the old Sith-Imperial borderlands brought down upon Jutrand: mass orbital bombings and thunderous artillery, Lirka cared little if they would conquer rubble or a city. She merely wanted to get into the thick of it and bring upon pandemonium.

And of course, she needed the practice.

Few understood what it was like to be reborn, to have your flesh remolded from its primordial state. This was the third time Lirka had been through it, and these golden years of rejuvenated "youth" were going to be the best. As she examined the assortment of Kainate warriors around her the drop-ship made its way planet-side, Lirka had energy that her crumbling form of the past decades couldn't have ever achieved: she had become a new unholy combination of alchemy, cybernetics, and gene-science.

With a rumble of the battle outside, the drop ship shook and Lirka rose from her seat: a plethora of cables torn off as she stood. Her helmet's lenses flaring to life as streams of information ran through her site, heavy steps carried her to the drop ships down: and with a thunderous knock and a barked command it hissed open. Air rushing in, and the true glory of the aerial carnage in front of her.

It was a holy thing, truly.

Taking a step onto the drop ship's door, she looked to the city beneath her: ever distant. The light of conflict glistening on the shiny new metals that made up much of the powersuit. Raising a clawed fist high towards the sky and the Malsheem, she roared out a cry in her alien tongue, a cry drowned out by the thundering dogfighting around her.

"<<O' supreme Dark, the End of All Things! I offer a thousand hearts to you this day, witness your champion risen anew!>>"

With prayers aside, she took a step back: getting into position to begin her sprint. Oh how she had missed doing this. Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr was correct, the battle was going to be decided from the skies: though maybe not how he thought. Lirka burst forward like a lightning bolt, throwing herself from the drop ship's open door to the ground below. The conflict zoomed past her in a blur.

She fell down to the city like a missile, nearing the end of her descent repulsors flared to life and slowed her fall. Still, she hit the ground like an artillery shell, a small crater left in her wake. Rising from the dust cloud, her eyes glowing in the haze the mighty blade she had become so well known for burst into life, and Lirka Ka entered the killing field.

She made no distinction between military and civilian, all things must die for the Dark today. Old memories of a time long ago on forgotten battlefields came into her mind, the memories of the butcher she was before coming into her mind and pushing her forward with even greater acts of savagery. The suit pushed her further than ever before, each swing mechanically precise: maximum suffering before a quick fatal blow to follow, her path of carnage pushed along, taking her towards one of the main streets.

Malum was sorely tempted to curse Bogan, as by the end of his thoughts, of tempting fate to break his plans upon the floor of the chamber, fate had answered.

Malum gazed sorely to the sky, he was not certain why the flicker in the air, out from the depths of the Malsheem had taken his attention, all he knew was, in his heart of hearts, that he was likely to have his day ruined.

Or well... more ruined.

His mind had first identified the incoming structure, the looming one approaching at a very fast speed as a missile. If only he was so lucky.

Still, as he stared to the sky, and saw the missile coming forth, his other hand shot out to the men behind the barricades, signaling them to take cover, as he felt pure darkness fall before him. Unless there was some very experimental payload on the Kainite missile, this was no missile.

No indeed, it felt too alive to be a missile.

It struck into the ground, with the Force of a missile at least. Buildings, torn apart, flew up into the air and screams erupted from those unlucky enough to be within the target range. And as Malum looked on, he definitely could curse Bogan.

Lirka Ka had finally been deployed to the battle.

Truly, his luck must be cursed.

"Custos and Venerandus," He spoke to his commlink, his eyes steely-eyed as he gazed onward to the monstrous suit, swinging about its blades to tear apart soldier and civilian alike. The battle in this section was to have been concluded, but now, it would begin again.

"Yes, Scion Marr," Both voices, distinctly different spoke up at once.

"Continue your missions as assigned, order the Air Guard against the Malsheem, I have business to take care of."

"It shall be done, Scion Marr," Custos reported back, gruff and as steely voiced as ever.

"Be careful, Malum," Venerandus offered, professionalism no longer component, as the potential for death had joined their conversation.

"Aren't I ever?" Malum joked back, with humourless tone, as he witnessed grimly a man scream, and then whimper, and then offer nothing but silence, as they were impaled upon blades.

Venerandus offered only silence. Malum would have pouted at that before, if only the situation were not so bleak, it would serve as its own warning at the very least.

Malum found his legs sprinting forward, a wraith through the carnage, as his lightsaber still activated, carried with him like a crescendo across time. He closed in on the armoured brute, as now, a civilian was crushed beneath the armoured hulk. They would all be avenged, justice would be served.

The Kainites would be thrown off this world.

Lightning coursed through his free hand, as it struck out, aimed to electrocute Lirka, and end this now.

"You retreated from one apprentice of Darth Ophidia, how about another?!" Malum shouted, as the lightning coursed through his hand, to its intended target, as he charged forward, with his lightsaber demanding the head of the former Sephi.

Lirka Ka Lirka Ka Domina Prime Domina Prime Darth Ophidia Darth Ophidia Darth Moskvin Darth Moskvin Lliara Daeva Lliara Daeva Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

Her hand plunged into the back, and she did not look pleased. If it was this easy, then something was surely wrong. The howling face that emerged from the mist only consolidated what she had thought. Far more frightful wights had torn at her sanity than these base creations. Ophidia floated out of the creature's grasp with ease and let one of her two sabres activate with swiftness and precision.

While most lightsabres did not work on creatures such as these, hers had a peculiar effect.

As the red plasma blade burst into being and plunged into the creature, it sucked the very being into the blade like a syringe drawing water from a dish. The howling spirit was twisted and shredded by the red plasma, then fed as energy to its wielder. Cold mist was all that remained as Darth Ophidia turned to see Demiurge striding down the stairs to meet her.

"On the contrary, the turning point has already happened."

She shifted to place the sabre in front of her leg, leaving a red trace on the ground in front of her.

"You think I am threatened by the loss of Empyrean?" "You of all should know where true power lies, and who truly reigns over this Order."

Her face twisted into a sneer.

"You were always puppets."

testing3.gif

Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex

"To betray and be betrayed…"

Glacier orbs swept over Darth Carnifex for a long moment while she turned the words over in her mind. Chewed on them. Assessed them, for value. Srina couldn't find any reason that this duel made sense, save, for the sake of assuaging the ego of the Sith involved or their people. Presenting them with a false narrative that might somehow prove that they were worthy. If…They were the last King standing. Her eyes slipped across the battlefield and landed on her husband. "Yet—Neither of you are willing to betray me. No matter the offering."

Srina was aware of a Star destroyer in the distance. Just as she was aware of the inherent heat and brimstone of Mustafar curling around her frame in an effort to break her concentration so it could swallow her alive. She took in Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean with new eyes when he was silhouetted against the flame and hellfire. Time and time again…She told herself, that this was her love. Her life. The man that she had fallen into when everyone else had warned her against it. His sun and sky…

She experienced a sensation that was almost physical pain from hearing that epithet. It was unexpected, though, he had whispered it in her ear a thousand times prior. Never…

Never had he uttered it after nearly tearing her face off with vengeful Sith Spirits.

He spun a tale of claiming sole ownership over the Sith Order in order to provide a world for their children. A place for them. Srina wanted that to be true…But how much of that was the influence of what lived inside his leathered vessel? Her jaw set, tight. Her anger began to rise in a way she had never known. For all of the suffering, she had endured in silence. For every decision that had never been made with her want, wish, or anything in-between. For a crown with spiked thorns that left her bleeding for all the galaxy to witness.

The ground cracked beneath her feet, spiderwebbing, as it stretched out toward both Sith. With a sudden well of fury the Force lashed out with monumental pressure that would make it difficult to breathe. "This…You think this is all you have left?!"

Srina never rose her voice. She never yelled. She never screamed, nor, did her mask of perfect composure slip for even a second. When her first child passed there had been nothing but cold fury in her wake while she mourned and sought the vivisection of those responsible. This? This, was new. Perhaps due to the little stars in her womb. Burning through her, so swiftly, that eldritch darkness began to seep from her pores without consent. Fire touched her eyes. Scorching. Silver, to gold.

"You had me. You have always, had me."

Had Maliphant lied? Had she never been enough?

Her head tilted to the side and her neck cracked with an audible pop. With child or not—There was something terrifying about the snowy-haired woman. Srina lacked the ability to express what she felt, which boiled to the surface as Force-born manifestations. Projections of her displeasure. They would be lucky if she didn't start crafting creatures in her rage, pulling, changing, and rebirthing the Nocna Mora that she had absorbed simply to see them roll like a plague through the lava fields.

Neither Sith knew the hell she had been through.

The price she had paid.

"There is only one conclusion. Only, one victor.", Srina began, slowly, and dual octaves echoed while Sith corruption began to pattern itself beneath her eyes. Again. The light-headed, damnable, dizziness that did not seem willing to let her go caused her teeth to grind harder while she remained planted. Her will was made of metal, more than beskar, far more. Her stubbornness as Darth Metus Darth Metus would tell either Sith…Was legendary. She would not become beholden to this losing game because they were following outdated rules. She peeled pieces from her heart. Burned, them. "Me."

"Because unless either of you kills me right now—
I will not bend. I will not break and I will make this game of power a living hell for both of you."

She took a deep breath and released it slowly through her nose. Her body ached. It felt like there was too much inside, too much power, too much weight, and nowhere for it to go. Just like Elrood. Regardless of her own personal discomfort she would not leave either of them to suffer from the ignorance that dogma could bring. If they knew they were being moved like pieces on a chess board—Why play? Why allow themselves to be lowered, ruined, and brought so very, very low.

Maliphant had broken his promise. The only thing she had ever asked for.

It had taken her…This long, to realize it.

He was dead. Her husband was…Dead.

"Come home—Or test me. These are your options."

For Empyrean she referred to Jutrand, or, anywhere she currently resided. For Carnifex she referred to Malsheem or wherever he pleased. They could interpret it however they wanted but it was a clear signal that this fight was an exercise in futility. Empyrean, had her love. Carnifex, her support. They both held her loyalty and she was not willing to give up either one without good reason. Part of her existence in their lives often involved providing the perspective of an outsider.

A hard truth. Even, if they didn't want to acknowledge it.

If it came time to put her husband in the ground, for good, she would be the one to do it. Carnifex would help and protect her, per his word, but Srina would be the one to bury him. She had held the bloody halves of his body while he died on Odavessa.

She could do it again.

She could do it again.

She could do it again.

Empyrean did not rise to her challenge - he knew her stalwart nature, he knew combat was her voice, but he would not use this great and terrible power he held against her. To boil his blood in combat would be a threat to his control, the sanctity of his soul. The Echani ritual of understanding through prowess was so dangerous to him now, that it was another thing cut from them.​
"It was enough, when I was too blind to see it.", he said quietly, gripping his staff tighter.​
"When ambition blinded me, when I sought strength to protect and not simply the joy of living. That life is... gone to me. Gone for us."​
He closed his eyes and sighed in the heat of the lava fields.​
"I will not fight you. You are all that keeps me awake in this nightmare flooding my being - but I fear you misunderstand my fate, my Sun and Sky. I died long ago, and only fear keeps me alive now - fear, and my love for you. For our children. I can not live as a family until the Worm is gone, I can not live once the Worm is gone - I am a danger that must be dealt with. I am all that stands between the Worm and his return."​
"I will return home - but you need to understand the why of what I do here. It is not ego, it is not the tradition that drives me, it is security. Safety against the mistakes I have made in life, so that you will no longer suffer when I am gone. My time is coming, quicker than I care to admit, but my final death is not far off."​
"Consider this, mourn me if you must, but it is all I can do to save that which I love.", he said, finishing quietly.​
His gaze hardened as it turned back to Carnifex, however -​
"I will return to Jutrand and break the siege you have done against my world. I will chase you into the Kathol Rift as you have tried to manipulate me into doing - and I will delay my forces so you may consider a path my wife proposes. If you do not, then I will continue my warpath until my plan is finished and the Sith are ash in my wake. Know my word as the word of the Dark Lord, Darth Carnifex. There will not be another battle - only the death of one us."​
Then, looking back to Srina, he offered her nothing but the sadness of his gaze - disturbed by his grey skin and metal eyes. The man she loved had become a monster, a living embodiment of death, and she was forced to watch it consume him as he drowned in it. With a small tap of his staff, he disappeared - and in the next few moments, the Mors Mon would disappear from Mustafar to return home to Jutrand.​

Lirka had only one order, to destroy. For she was to be Carnifex's Iconoclast today, rampaging through Jutrand with the callous disregard for life she had become infamous for. Already in her impact many had been turned into a fine meat-jelly, splattered and shattered under her great bulk.

As she rose from the dust of her arrival, the fires of war glistened on shining new armor plates. But the first Sithling who deemed themselves worthy to strike her appeared, Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr whom she had already been familiar with. The humor of the whole thing lit the cruel fires of her heart even brighter.

The boy's lightning lashed out, the Lirka that he had known would have recoiled, pulsated and writhed as the craftsmanship of her old powersuit crumbled under electric attack. But the Lirka he had spoken to was dead, all that remained was the Kainate's new abomination: bristling with the finest technology and esoteric weaponry available. An arm raised as the lighting coursed her, staggering the Sephi some as her own blade readied itself. A sprawl of information appeared in front of her as the suit began to feed her calculations and observations.

It was good to be back in action. No longer a walking corpse Lirka could bring down a fury that had been kept in check for far too long.

"The scholar considers himself a warrior? Truly, this is bad comedy."

The first of her new tricks showed itself as he charged, the arm she had raised prior firing out a stream of carbonite from some sprayer built into the wrist.

"Come then, let me teach you another lesson, boy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom