Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Other Ways of Thinking (SJC)

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Location: Vercopaanir Farming Outpost (needs a bit of an update, bare with me), Taanab

Mig leaned back, taking a breath as he waited at the training grounds of Vercopaanir. He was there with Garil, and waiting for the Jedi to show to a bit of an offer he gave them. He offered to try teaching a class on his clan's beliefs in the Force, to help show Padawans and younger Knights who may not have experienced how the Force was viewed by other groups to get a taste of how others might see things. He was almost sure at least a few Masters would want to stare daggers at him for even suggesting this, but with how closely his clan had been working with the Silvers in recent years, he thought it would be a good idea.

"Well, Old Man, ready to be bombarded by quesitons." The old Trandoshan eyed Mig, his armed crossed, but hidden under the oddly baggy sleeves of his armor.

"Are you sssure the Jetii won't hate you affter thisss." It was clearly a joke as a hissing laugh followed, though Mig still wondered how this would go. He could always bring up that multiple species and cultures had their own views of the Force, but still he hoped no one was going to come and.... No. That wouldn't happen.

Be careful what you wish for.
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

"Someone tell me why I'm here again?"

It was simple, Caltin Vanagor arrived among those Padawans and younger Knights already assembled (and scared the crap out of many of them) and stood in the back. This was so that he did not distract any of those who wished to learn something, as well as not truly discourage the Mandalorian from reaching out the way he did. This was a good thing that Mig was doing, and the big man did not discourage it. He wasn't sure why Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala did not choose to come here as this seemed to be more her thing, but then again she would probably not have allowed the class to go on anyway knowing how grumpy she can get. He chuckled to himself believing that she had the nature that he had a reputation for.

Grabbing a caf and cursing an old friend's existence as he always did for doing so, the big man just waited.

"Why do I feel like I am going to yell at him for being wrong?"

tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

BB-4001A

B

How did humans live like this?

As the shuttle carrying the padawans slid into Taanab’s atmosphere, the young Taï was presented with a swirling vortex of death, doom, and vertigo. To start, there had been the whole re-alignment thing. One second, they’re in space and the planet was getting bigger and bigger... and then the shuttle was rotating to match its axis for entry. Whatever that meant. Which, apparently it meant everything that could be seen outside the canopy was going to start moving. Stars. Planets.

The space sickness was real.

And this was before Fal-On Nevada had farted. Which was more funny than it was nauseating, except this was space and they were all breathing recycled air. And those carbon scrubbers were doing absolutely nothing against the foul stench that had taken the environmental systems over to the Dark Side.

But, no, on top of ALL OF THAT there was turbulence, which was the limit of the Taï’s tolerance. First, the shuttle bounced, then Eza felt his stomach do the same and...

...and then Eza was face down in a space sickness bag. And not for the first time this flight, so the smell was terribad even without Fal-On adding his own personal Febreeze.

Eza held out for hope that the shuttle finally landing would have been an end to his pain. At least when the doors to the shuttle had opened, the air was finally exchanged for something that didn’t smell like...

...no, wait, that. That wasn’t much better. Was that manure?

Why yes. Yes it was.

The shuttle had landed between the animal pens and the farmstead proper, with an ill-timed breeze blowing from the direction of the livestock as the padawans desperately tried to flee from out of the hell that had become their school bus from Kashyyyk for this outing.

And probably also a demonstration on why they didn't do these field trips more often.

After Eza had visited the refresher, the disheveled and greener-than-usual Taï had poked his head out of the shuttle. This was only the second planet that he’d ever visited, having arrived at the Silver Rest straight from Taypho. He’d read that it had water but, if that was true, he didn’t see any now.

Anxiously, the boy’s tail curled around, finding his hands as he made a wringing motion that belied the nervousness his species experienced in the absence of an aquatic environment. Then, swallowing, the youth made his way out of the shuttle. At least he was starting to adapt better to walking.

“This is a farm?”

That probably came out more judgemental than he’d intended. But Eza knew farms. He’d grown up on a farm, growing seaweed and herding schools of fish.

This... didn’t look anything like the farms back home. Maybe this was what landstriders called farming?

Tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Eza

Pure Echani white purity, calm and measured in motion and step, came to learn from Mandalorian Iron. Two warrior cultures, though his path was a scholar he still had that blood and heritage to him. Reading not from words but from motion, action and the flow of conversation.

Clad in the faintest spec of grey boots but otherwise it was a flawless white tunic and trousers, with silver Keth sword across the back and saber on the hip. Armorweave of course underneath, not knowing whether the teaching would be practical or theoretical.

The manner the Kethborn entered was light, hardly touching the ground as he walked, barely disturbing the grass or foliage in the approach. There had been many conferences between force users over the years, where different Jedi had tried to teach one another their view of the force. Some had been happy events and others less so..

If Taiden Keth was prone to expressions he might have smiled, as it was his stance relaxed, which was the same thing. Hands together he offered a half bow, eyes open, to any he met, Mig Gred Mig Gred , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , and Eza respectfully if he saw them.

Taiden was a scholar, he had a question for every question. If Mig had wanted to pick someone to indulge curiosity in force related discussion, he might be here hours, days even. Though before that curiosity there was reserve and respect, so here the student waited to be taught another's wisdom. Quietly and patiently in the training ground.

“I guess sometimes the past just catches up to you, whether you want it to or not.” - Dabs Greer

The Padawans seemed to roll in which was to be expected. It’s not every day after all that you get to meet an active Mandalorian that was attuned to the Force, right? None of them wanted to meet an almost nine-hundred-year-old Jedi, but there have been those before, frell there are a few Anzati around that Caltin himself remembered back in the day! The young Taï was an interesting sight, the big man had met only a few of them. He seemed a little overstimulated and even frightened at everything going on around him so the Vanagor would let it be for now.

It was the Echani who caught his attention anyway.

The way the young man walked into the gathering, almost floating with a grace that seemed unnatural for the warrior culture but was a cornerstone of their people actually. This was nothing to shake a stick at but nothing unexpected at the same time. What caught his attention was the head bob, as well as the curl of hair at the brow. There was something terribly familiar about all of this but the big man was having trouble placing exactly where this feeling was coming from. He had never met this man before, but he knew him, and it was driving the massive Jedi Master mad.

Then the scholarly Jedi Knight introduced himself.

“Keth”... of course he was, and now it all fell into place. The last ones he was face to face with carrying this legacy lay on the ground in a cave having been removed from an arm and a leg, and one abandoned the Jedi Order because he could not accept the history of his family name. “Keth”, a name synonymous with the Sun Guard, and a maniacal schism of psychosis. A sith who corrupted the mother of a former Padawan only to bring her into his nuptials.

“Keth”, huh? Now there is a name that I have not heard in a long time… a long time.

No, he was not the first Jedi to utter those words, but it’s not like the big man “had a bad feeling about this.”

TAG: Mig Gred Mig Gred , Eza, Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Mig looked at the group that had shown up. Padawans, some Knights, even a Master at that. The last one was a bit of a surprise to him, but Mig hoped they would enjoy a bit of a lesson too. The Echani seemed to almost float around. Keth? That's what Caltin said. He wasn't familiar with the name, but Mig figured he'd answer the shocked young Padawan's question first.

"Yeah kid. Vercopaanir is a farming post. Might surprise you, but a lot of Mandalorians are pretty good at farming." Mig smirked a little as he pulled off his helmet, hoping the kid would see he wasn't really offended by the question. If anything it was a good intro into not always judging a book by it's cover. Speaking of which, it was about time to speak up he figured.

Well, I'm glad to see so many people take up the offer. First time I'm doing something like this, so... bare with me if I mess up a bit. Anyway, I'm Alor Mig Gred, and this is the closed equivalent we have to a Master, Garil Orl. So I'm going to try and explain how my clan views and trains in the Force, which honestly when it comes to Mandalorians can be... tricky. Some see it and the Manda as one in the same, some don't. Some see it as horrible or something, some a gift. Some have a mystical view, and some a more practical. Makes it hard to pin down an exact view. My clan sits somewhere between practical and mystical, and a lot of the training that goes into it is similar to how we already train for close quarters combat, so it's not entirely foreign." Mig then stopped, thinking to himself. This was way easier when it was just him training Souma. "So... any questions so far?"

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Eza

BB-4001A

B

In addition to people who wore helmets -- the presumptive Mandalorians -- there were a number of adults shuffling around who looked more Jedi-ish. The obligatory chaperones. There to protect the next generation of Jedi Knights. Or, more likely, apologize for them and offer to settle any insurance claims that may result from this field trip.

The young Taï thought he might have seen one of them around the Silver Rest, though when not in class the boy tended to congregate near the communities that the other aquatic Jedi and Jedi hopefuls had carved out for themselves. Particularly with Kashyyyk's oceans so close. As a consequence, most of the Jedi he knew were either Mon Calamari or other kids in his grade.

The anxious Taï let go of his tail so that he could give a proper bow in reply to the one offered by the human-ish looking man with white hair ( Taiden Keth Taiden Keth )

"Yeah kid. Vercopaanir is a farming post. Might surprise you, but a lot of Mandalorians are pretty good at farming," a voice offered, slightly muffled at first as the boy turned to see an older male removing the iconic symbol of Mandalorian culture so that he could look at the assembled padawans with his own eyes.

Oh, right, the Taï thought to himself, giving a slightly nod even as his brain was still working to process what he'd heard. "Wait, really?" Okay, that probably came out wrong, but weren't the Mandalorians supposed to be total B.A. warriors? And, apparently, also totes B.A. farmers.

The more you know.

The green-scaled aquatic listened as the man introduced the Trandoshan and then paused with, "So... any questions so far?"

"Oh," the Taï chirped, raising his hand the same as if they were in a classroom on Kashyyyk. "What's the Manda?"

There was a round of snickering from the kids around him, punctuated by Fal-On supplying a rather smug, "Manda-lorian?"

Okay, so Mandalorians had a Manda. "Yeah, but... what is the Manda?" the Taï repeated, using his hands as he spoke and clarified, "Is it like the Jedi Code? But for people who wear helmets?"

...that may not have come out how he'd intended it.

Tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Eza

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Being either around secluded study often, or his many obligations around the galaxy there were always new faces, or new ways of moving to learn from, new Jedi he would meet on days like this.

But one word, Keth, gave him pause.

Two parts of history connected for a brief second in the force. There was something about the movement of the Force around Caltin that gave the Kethborn a pause. Something familiar and not, he couldn't place it. His stance and body language shifted to curiosity about both the lesson and who he stood with. Lessons and mysteries to learn from each.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

As their lesson got underway his attention never wavered for anything from the words. Fine and acute, like all those of his namesake. Listening to the teacher, when he talked of a balance between practicality and mysticism.

Questions

Are they not the same thing?
In his mind, it was all one flow, but he was here to learn and open up to other perspectives which he enjoyed "Ecsharn. Teacher. How do you bridge them? The mystery and the practical." This would teach him potential wisdom in understanding Mandalorian's, and potentially more force techniques or equally valuable, further lore behind their culture in how they viewed the force.

Eza

Had a flow of questions, he enjoyed the energy and excitement to learn from the padawan very much, it reminded him of another. The already bright force aura around the Keth intensified subtly, and yes he did smile. That faint grey spec in his aura receded enough to be removed for a time.

Hearing the teacher describe Manda one more time in ritual and rendition was good for memory, a necessary part of understanding their culture, an important one, set against a million species in how they moved within the galaxy.

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” - Henry Ford

The big guy listened quietly to Gred’s explanation of his view of the Force, and it was all the big man could do to keep from yelling out “WRONG!” Even if in jest, as it would be. Of course, he would not do so as it was inappropriate. See? All you haters? Caltin Anselmo Vanagor, never middle name him as you and he will have issues if you do, can show a level of decorum. The massive Jedi Master just eyed two TwiLek Padawans who were making lovey-dovey faces at each other until they met his glare. They stopped quickly, one needed to change his pants.

When Eza began asking questions, all the big man could think about was the old phrase of some clans, “This is the way”. He would use this just as a rib in some manner, it was just a matter of figuring out the right moment to do so. It was interesting though, to take a look at just how “Mando’s” look at the Force and just how they consider Jedi, and even Sith around them. Sure, it might be “mysticism” but it was what it was.

The shift in the Echani did not go unnoticed, Caltin could have shut off his cybernetic eyes and been able to notice it. This was not an issue, nor was it unexpected, the last time he faced this sort of reaction was with Aizen. Either way, the man deserved to know if he wanted to, but whether that would come to pass would be his choice. The big man would not push. Either way, he leaned in and offered some (hopefully) relatable words.

If I remember correctly, your people have an old proverb. "Mere life is not a victory, mere death is not a defeat." This can be for another time though, in the meantime, as the proverb says if my interpretation is correct. Live your own incredible life, not the one your ancestors had.

Offering a tiny (hopefully reassuring) clap on the back, the big man did not turn his attention away, but began to scan the room. He did not enjoy the thought of “chaperoning” or “babysitting”, but it looked like he would have to as those two TwiLek Padawans were at it again.

TAG: Mig Gred Mig Gred , Eza, Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Mig smiled a bit at all the questions. Funny enough, he figured he might be able to combine the first the questions presented by one of the Padawans, and joked about my his friends, and the Echani. He looked between both of them before speaking up.

"Well, I think I can answer both your questions with at the same time. First off. The Manda is more like the collective spirit of Mandalorians, and an afterlife. What would be more close to the Jetii (Jedi) Code would be the Resol'nare, which is where your question comes in. The Resol'nare is the core of what it means to us to be who we are, but it's deceptively simple. Wear armor, speak Mando'a, defend yourself and your family, raise your kids as Mandalorians, help your clan, and to answer the Mand'alor when they call. Now while the last one has only become more and more... tricky over there year, you might notices that for a warrior culture, a lot of what makes a Mandalorian seems like common sense if you're expecting a fight. And funny enough not saying to look for one either." As if to prove the point, Mig would point over to speeder dock, where a Mandalorian and refugee both worked to get a broken farm sprayer working again. Similarly, while we have an understanding of the Force can effect someone, of it's ability to influence things, in practice my clan has generally used more of the physical abilities of the Force. Telekinetics, older techniques like pyro and cryokinesis, and more combat oriented skills. Not as much of telepathy or reaching out to sense others." Garil would nod, slowly pulling up one of his loose sleeve to reveal a bone thin arm, clearly one that was lost years ago and had begun regrowing.

"Or usssing it to make up for sssomethhhhing lossst." It would be notable that as he moved his arms, pushes and pulls of the Force would follow each movement before he went back to crossing his arms. Mig then looked at Caltin, nodding a bit.

"Surprised a Jetii would know that saying." He thought on the phrase for a moment before answering, his mind going back to years his clan spent in vanguard, jumping from system to system. "That's one way to take it, yes. More literally it would be that life and death don't always judge victory, but you're not wrong. Like a lot of sayings in context it can mean a few things."

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

BB-4001A

B

So there was a Manda and a Re... Reso-somethingorwhateverhejustsaid.

The young Taï gave a large smile as he listened to Mig Gred Mig Gred speak. It wasn't like when their teachers spoke in class, there was something genuine about how the Mandalorian carried himself that was different from when one of the Jedi librarians spoke to them about their algebra lessons.

Oh, wait, this was a field trip. Should he be taking notes?

The boy's head turned from left to right. No one else was taking notes. Would there be a test later? What were Mandalorian tests like? Were they like those lightsaber drills, where you had a helmet on but the blast shield was down so you couldn't see anything?

As the boy's imagination threatened to pull him away from the lesson, the commentary on the expression that Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor had borrowed brought the boy back to the here and now.

There was something about the way that the man kept saying Jedi. Or, rather, how he wasn't saying Jedi.

"Jetti," the Taï echoed, glancing up at the man as he asked "Is that, uh," What had he said the language was called? It was part of the Reason Air or whatever it had been called. "Mando'a?"

As the people on his homeworld didn't speak any language aside from Basic, it was always fascinating to find people who spoke multiple languages.

Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Eza

Instruction and learning, all are appreciated in their wisdom. Masters and padawans all offered something if you paid attention to the questions asked.

Do not live your ancestor's life, Echani body language shifted to be more pensive, also more solid, indicating total agreement. Bridge of truths for a Mandalorian's heritage and his own Keth ancestry. Difficult as that transition had been once.

Silver eyes watched how Mig spoke, how he gestured and moved. Mandalorians had an understandable and valuable way of looking at the force. Solid and dependable. Carefully he found a question worthy of the teacher's own relation to Mandalorian heritage.

"Ecsharn. For Mandalorians, the force is shown when he watches his family grow? His culture enduring vibrant and alive?" There were many ways Taiden had been taught of the force. What the large Jedi Master had touched on earlier was in no small part his own, ancestry, along with motion and flow being critical parts. "Do you see the same for other species, in creatures looking after their young?" Relating the perspective to a wider connection.

Eza question offered a good example of learning from a padawan, defining the most important points of their teacher's answers, and also it would come in how Mig answered the question. Giving new perspectives to learn from. Definition and distinction, expanding awareness.

He had missed this. Light breeze kicking past his clothing, the farm's quiet ambiance aiding concentration. There was something he would need to ask the larger Jedi Master before the end.

“Humility isn't denying your strengths; it’s being honest about your weaknesses.” - Rick Warren

This was not his gig, it was Gred’s. Caltin had already done his surprising deed for the day and caught the Mandalorian off guard with the quote he gave out. Wasn’t much really if you knew the big man back when he was Knighted, the massive Jedi Master was a nutcase in the Jedi Libraries. Always looking up and researching cultures, factions, and ways of thinking. It did not always seem to stick as Vanagor still tends to have a propensity for putting his foot in his mouth, but he was still good for a wisely placed gem here and there.

So, since it looked like there was not much left for him to say, all eyes turned (where they should be) onto the Force attuned Mandalorian…

” Say that five times fast.”

The big man just stood in the back and waited for the moment he would end up yelling “WRONG!”

” You’re still on that?”

You’re the one who said it…

TAG: Mig Gred Mig Gred , Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Mig smiled a bit at Eza. This kid had some good questions for his age. He chuckled a bit and nodded. "Yeah. 'Jetii' is Mando'a for 'Jedi.' I tend to not say the basic version since the two are similar enough to not confuse people too much. Plus to me at least it's a bit more natural." He then looked at Taiden, thinking on the two questions. Did their Force training relate to watching family grow, and their culture and heritage surviving? And did they see similar in creatures? Mig nodded slightly, looking back.

"I'd say so. For a Mandalorian it could mostly be seen as a tool to ensure their family's safety, and that their culture continues. Something that probably shows more into what makes our training more... grey in its nature. For most Mandalorians, keeping emotions out of what they do can be seen as next to impossible, especially when family's involved. As such, a lot of training is about keeping emotions in control, and using them along side the Force. Similar to how Echani are trained in close quarters combat if I understand it correctly. And admittedly a willingness to use emotions that I imagine many Jedi would disapprove of." Mig seemed to look at Caltin, trying to gage his reaction.

Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Taiden's force use was brighter than bright could be, until very recently there hadn't even been a blemish on that spotless force aura, taking on the knowledge of one darker technique to help another had been a heavier mark on him than the average person. You could say he was a perfectionist of his craft with now a single spot.

There was no judgment from Taiden, just acceptance, and understanding. His was not the iron hammer, an old Keth saying he'd tried to do better with than his ancestors.

"Mandalorian culture necessitates this I would surmise." Taiden pondered deep in thought as he often was, "also offering a structure where honor and duty bind you to not go too far?" A question but also a statement, knowing a little of Mandalorian culture but not much. "Echani do live within emotion during their duel, most of all as we duel others in familiarity to understand them. As a Jedi I have tried to hone that into a serenity or calm." He admitted. Which had been an important key his ancestor had missed, channeling that emotion to be at peace when he fought, as opposed to an intensity which drew you into cycles of conflict.

There was a question at the end of all this of course. There always was a question, of a question, of a question. "How do you stop yourself from being drawn further into conflict when it happens?" If you observed many, you could see how they moved towards conflict rather than away from it, a pitfall for many Jedi. Most of all here Taiden was watching body language, stance, movement, or gesture, the words were surface understandings but the deeper meaning was always found behind them.

BB-4001A

B

"...And admittedly a willingness to use emotions that I imagine many Jedi would disapprove of."

That didn't sound right.

Well, it did sound right. The first part of the Jedi Code was 'Emotion, yet peace.' But, that aside, Eza was positive that he'd read something like what the Mandalorian was describing. Using the Force alongside emotion.

Glancing down at his hands, the boy used the four digits on either one to try and work through the forms of combat. He'd had to learn them for a quiz. Was it Form Six? No.

Wait, what about the New Forms -- Medium, Fast? No.

It was the seventh! Vorpal?

Aw, sharks. He'd remember the name later. Probably at the worst time. But anyway, it was Form Seven. Something-V. The textbooks described it as Jedi Knights and Masters channeling their emotions into their strikes, providing an outlet through the Force for them that increased their strength.

"How do you stop yourself from being drawn further into conflict when it happens?"

That was a good question.

And actually exactly what Eza had thought when he'd read the description of V-whateveritwascalled. So the boy was curious what the Mandalorian response was.

It could have practical application later!

If Eza ever moved on past the basic Shii-cho velocities.

"There is nothing insignificant in the world. It all depends on the point of view." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Wrong!"
Chuckling to himself, the big man just listened to how the Force was explained. While it made sense, this was not the way of the Jedi or how they view the Force. Then again, that was the point of this little class, wasn't it? To teach the younger generation just how the Force is viewed by others. So while the big guy wanted to offer insight and make corrections of his own, there was no good way to do it. That would de-legitimize the purpose of this and take away any credibility that the Mandalorian might have. Caltin was curious to hear about some of his answers, but really that was it. So he stood back, listened, and disagreed with a lot of what he had heard, but was he really in disagreement? He approached the Force differently himself now.

That was a potential class for another time.

Mig looked at everyone there, nodding a bit as he heard the next question. He was somewhat surprised no one had started some yelling yet, but that was good. People were actually learning. Now he had more questions to answer, and hoped that he could give. He nodded a bit as Taiden gave an answer to his own question, then would answer his first question.

"Yes, in a way. The Resol'nare doesn't really give a limit, but considering Mando'a word for a true monster is the name of a doctor who did... a lot of horrible things it's safe to say we have our limits. And my clans Force training does borrow something from Jetii. You don't kill someone in anger. May sound simple, but it's something that sometimes needs to be reminded of, and this rule sadly come from experience. Not dissimilar some Sith of the time of the Empire coming from the Jetii. But I'll touch on that further after answering your second question." Mig would walk over to a tree as he would star to explain. This was were things might get interesting.

"As far as conflict though, it definitely depends on what you'd consider conflict. I'll be the first to admit that a lot of my clan's light freighters weren't exactly bought or built by us when we were running through space. A lot of them were old slaver ships. Even that house right there. Built of a sliver ship we stripped for parts. I'll admit we went looking for that one. It's not something we go around forcing people in our clan to do. There's plenty of tat (Concordian version of "vod", brother) who don't fight. Freight haulers, engineers, farmers." He smirked a bit at the last one, looking at Eza and chuckling to himself. "But it does tend to come with the territory of having armor and weapons. Even if you aren't looking for trouble, it tends to find you. Or you find trouble worth getting into."

Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Eza Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Trouble can find you Taiden conceded internally, pensively shifting his weight to one leg. How to act when it came was all he had influence over, and where he put himself to find it or not. The Knight kept these thoughts to himself allowing others the opportunity to ask. Realizing he had a tendency to ask so many questions that others might not have the opportunity to have theirs answered.

"Thank you for your wisdom." He put his hands together and bowed lightly. Looking to Caltin for his thoughts, or any questions that he or Eza had.

The motion of Mig walking while talking toward a tree, something with strong roots, was like a shout to an Echani of symbolism. Hearing the words about farmers, engineers, pilots and their role in his society. There were so many cultures and so many planets in the galaxy, there was no man that could claim to know them all or all things that were happening. An eternal quest to learn more kept him busy.

Mig's culture reused materials and let none go to waste. Admirable traits to emulate, something the rich corporate suits writing their bottomless holochecks could do with more of, while ship after ship was left floating in the void between stars unrecovered.

"So much to reuse abandoned on distant worlds or left drifting above." Perhaps he could find some way of recovering some of the wastage leftover as governments changed hands, wars came and went. Another side project to add to his duties. Space was bigger than you could imagine and locating wrecked fleets were needles in a haystack, those planetside were easier to find.

BB-4001A

B

"As far as conflict though, it definitely depends on what you'd consider conflict."

While the irony of these words being said to an Echani was lost on the young Taï, the words themselves resonated with the boy. If such were even possible, the red eyes of the aquatic seemed to grow even larger, as the boy's face was split by a large smile as those words seemed to resonate with him. "Oh!" the boy chirped, his hands starting to move in a flurry of motion as he began racking his brain for what had triggered him just then. "Uh... uh, that's like the Poetics of a Jedi."

It had been assigned to them for summer reading, but he'd read it already.

Not understood it. But he assumed he was going to be tested on it at some point.

"Peace is not the absence of conflict. It is the ability to handle conflict through... through, uh... peaceful means," the padawan recalled excitedly. Not only were Mandalorians farmers, but philosophers?

This was way more than he'd expected! He figured today would be learning about helmets. Or punching stuff.

"So... so, like, conflict doesn't have to be, like, a war. Conflict is just, like, communities," the boy mused aloud, his hands still moving as he talked through the thoughts now swirling around in his head."So... so... Like, so, conflict exists where ever people are."

That was it, wasn't it? Conflict wasn't any one thing. At the same time, conflict was everything when it came to people interacting with other people.

The boy paused there, his own words in his ears. He glanced up, looking between the Mandalorian and the white-haired man. Was he even making any sense?

Oh, crap, was he even supposed to be talking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom