Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Other Ways of Thinking (SJC)

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig couldn't help but smile at Eza. The kid had a lot of knowledge. While he'd never heard of the Poetics of a Jedi, but it seemed to have some good advice. Maybe he needed to give it a look at some point. He nodded a bit, looking at the tree he was standing near as he patted it's side.

"You're right kid. Now though, it's time to explain another thing. How we deal with walking a bit of a line, or at least those who are ready for it. I think it was the Jedi Master Yoda who explained fear leads to hate and so on. Basically the leading to how one can avoid the Dark Side. Well I'm not sure any of you have seen me fight, but.... Well I get a lot of use out of lightning. Call it a bit of a natural affinity for it. As something associated with the Dark Side though, it could be a bit of an issue, and we know that. Not stupid about it. There has to be a balance to what you use, and some Jedi have accused my clan of fostering dar'jetii, uh.... Sorry, Sith... at times because of this other more grey aspect, but there's something even more important to even touching this side. Emotional control." He then took a couple steps back, slowly thinking.

"Sith use emotions like fear, anger, hate, and I'm sure I'm missing some the Caltin will probably tell me about later to fuel much of their Force use. Give them a lot of raw power on Light Siders and greys in general.... Only done this once when talking to my niece about this." Mig would then extend his hand, notably with a hint of darkness, and released a strong burst of lighting over the tree. Not enough to even singe it, but it would prove a point. Once he finished, his hand shook some as he took a deep breath, calming himself from what he'd just tapped into. He took a moment to just breath and relax, knowing by now someone would notice. It was part of the demonstration though.

"Not fun for me either. But.... What we teach from the get go is figuring out where those emotions come from. Looking in and seeing why you you feel those feelings. Funny enough, it can usually be something not based in any of it too begin with. I was scared of the dar'jetii for a long time. Not going to go into detail, but I tried to find why, and the answer was pretty simple honestly. So I focused on that." Mig would then move his hand out again, sending out a less powerful arc of lightning, but this time hitting a fruit that was on the tree. "May not be as strong, but it doesn't have to be if it's easier to aim." He honestly wasn't sure what the second burst of lightning would feel like to the others, but this was part of what they were here to learn. How another group thought.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Be careful what you wish for.
"He who has truth at his heart need never fear the want of persuasion on his tongue" - John Ruskin
Actually... if I may... interject.

He wasn't asking, it wasn't him. Caltin just interjected as it was expected of him and his reputation. The big man didn't move a muscle other than the ones in and around his mouth. Again, this was Mig's gig...

Hey! You're a poet and didn't know it!

However, the Mandalorian was practically begging him for some kind of response. It was probably why the man called him "Caltin" in front of a group of Jedi instead of "Master Vanagor" as per protocol. Not a big deal, but now the massive Jedi Master was going to spend the next two to three weeks correcting Padawans who think that they should address each other otherwise. Oh well, so much for S.O.P's right?

This is not an office.

Any Jedi who tells you that they do not experience emotions are lying to themselves. They are natural and have a bad habit of hitting you harder the more you try to suppress them. It is when they start to define you is when you run into trouble.

tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Mig Gred Mig Gred | Eza

Different perspectives from each, and he was honored he was here to see them expressed. Listening to the padawan, the master, and the instructor with equal care and attention. He would try to find something of value to offer, their different views were beneficial giving him more to learn from. As it became a more open forum, he offered what insight he had.

"Perhaps we each have a choice to avoid the pull further into conflict as it comes," Taiden offered. For Taiden the understanding of conflict was to see the cycles of it, how people were pulled into it, like a vortex drawing attention, action, and energy. "We only need to look at how devastating one man's ambitions can become if they lack that control," speaking of course of sith whose power went to their heads, to start planetary conquests and devastation. This applied to all things such as common arguments that spilled over days, spiraling, to engulf more of your time or other people. "When conflict comes. Each of us can choose to escalate a conflict, or deescalate it."

This was important to him, given his heritage, and he'd taken the concept of cycles to a better place he hoped than the Keth name once did. Not drawn into emotion as it came, but that left only half of the puzzle solved.

While a deep understanding of conflict and duels were bred in Echani, emotions were addressed next by the group. These were a more difficult concept for his race, who felt, but repressed much of that flow until knowing someone well enough, even then little was given away. A disciplined mind and way of living. He had less insight than the others had to offer. If anything Master Vanagor was closer to his personal understanding, and definitely got a bow of his head.

This was troubling and something the Knight had not yet fully come to terms with in his training, but then none were perfect. To be brought into the open like this had Taiden pensive, and his stance was rigid on the subject. The displays of lightning were more unsettling to him than perhaps the others. You wouldn't see, because he didn't flinch, it was all internalized. Though a Jedi often didn't need eyes to see reactions. A rigid code defined the scholar's understanding of force application.

BB-4001A

B

Any Jedi who tells you that they do not experience emotions are lying to themselves.

It was interesting that the point that the Jedi Master made highlighted something inconsistent with the Jedi Code. Well, Jedi Codes, since the inconsistency had more to do with the question of which code one should follow.

One said, Emotion, yet peace. Which more or less said exactly what Master Vanagor had.

But the other said, There is no emotion, there is peace. Which seemed an impossibility.

However, whenever a padawan asked which was correct, some Jedi instructor somewhere would say that they should meditate on that, or turn it into a history lesson about the Jedi Code without ever actually answering the question, or pop a surprise quiz on them.

Ordinarily, the boy would have made a mental note to pose this question to Master Vanagor; however, DID THAT DUDE JUST SHOOT LIGHTNING AT A TREE?

The padawan's jaws collectively hit the ground, their eyes wide as the Mandalorian did something unexpected.

He just shot lightning. Out of his hand.

And then, just about the time that the boy was questioning if he saw what he thought he had, did it a second time.

...what had they been talking about?

Who cares! This nerf-herder just shot lightning out of his hand! "Whoa," the boy uttered, impressed.

Mig looked at Caltin, getting a slight smile on his face.

"Be my guest." He would step back to show the floor was Master Vanagor's smiling a bit at the response. He kinda guessed he didn't completely have it right, but that was the point here. He nodded a bit, looking at the Jedi. "Would you mind explaining emotion defining you, Master Vanagor?"

When Calitin had finished answering, he would turn his attention to what Taiden, listening to what the Knight had to say. He noted how each person had a choice on whether to escalate a situation or not."Not always that easy keep. As much as I'd like to tell you all the Galaxy is full of black and white situations... it just isn't. There are some, but you won't see them that often. Sometime, deescalation isn't going to solve the problem either." Definitely wasn't the most optimistic of views, but he a good way to prove the point. He looked up for a second, then quickly spoke up. "Quick question. What would you think of a group that have civilians aboard a military vessel?"

After that was answered, he would look at the Padawans, who he realized may've just forgotten his entire point. "Ok, stay on the planet, jetii'ika. Anyone know the point of that demonstration? At least tell me a difference in both times?"

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Eza

Humility was part of the Echani but also disquiet was displayed. In his earliest days he had worked for those that misused the force, and although that discomfort had mellowed greatly inside a more mature Taiden, finding all kinds of mentors and lessons along his path. The use of certain techniques would always unsettle him.

Inwardly there was an unexpressed smile. It seemed their cultural differences were demonstrated in understanding what he meant by escalation. Taiden didn't consider acting to save another escalating for example, an individual duel was also an integral part of his life. With words as a first recourse, then moderated levels of response. Escalation would mean being drawn into something that he could as easily walk away from or stand quietly in, contributing to the conflict rather than letting it rest.

There was a want to speak but a greater want to listen to learn. Only when asked directly did he speak, taking time for contemplation there was a pause even then.

Quick question. What would you think of a group that have civilians aboard a military vessel?

His stance spoke more than his words, body language carefully picking the phrasing, exact and measured. Humble though as his tone was respectful. "We would consider them closer to the same." Though he understood other cultures did not, "in other cultures there would be more distinction" Being a warrior culture civilian and military had less separation. Of course, there were the old and infirm, the young or sick, but a general understanding that all carried the sword when needed existed within each Echani.

"​
The Force is not a power you have. It's not about lifting rocks. It's the energy between all things, a tension, a balance, that binds the universe together."​
- Luke Skywalker

Shrugging, and canting his neck, the big man just bobbed his head momentarily and let out a little smirk at the attempt to call him out (even if it wasn't meant to be that way). Cracking his neck, Caltin did not want to take control of this shindig, but he was going to make sure that his view, not necessarily the Jedi as a whole, but his view was crystal clear.

Well, the Code officially started during the earliest of established years:

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

This is too vague. It is simple, but not well enough to delve into any meaning. There is also the one that most Jedi will have heard of overtime and understand to be the primary giving of knowledge is:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

We have Jedi Master
Odan-Urr) The Fourth line is not always there though. There is a longer version, more detailed.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; There is serenity.
There is no death; there is only the Force.
A Jedi does not act for personal power or wealth but seeks knowledge and enlightenment.
A Jedi never acts from hatred, anger, fear, or aggression but acts when calm and at peace with the Force.
Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use the powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

Now this one went a little more into detail, but again, it was vague and too vast in wording to where the individual might have a problem. Now there is this alternate version:
Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others, rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.

Not to mention what a certain former Grand Master who shall remain nameless taught his students:
Jedi use their powers to defend and protect.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than rule over them, for the good of the galaxy.

The last I knew of him before I hit the ice. He was workshopping something else:

A Jedi's promise must be the most serious, the deepest of his or her life.
A Jedi seeks not adventure or excitement, for a Jedi is passive, calm, and at peace.
A Jedi knows that anger, fear, and aggression lead to the dark side.
A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.
There is no "try," only "do."Believe and you succeed.
Above all else, know that control of the Force comes only from concentration and training.

He laughed at the tangent he went on before walking forward and putting his hands behind his back.

Back to my point. The different variations all try to explain that a Jedi must enter all situations with a clear, unbiased, and open mind. Sound reasoning when you think about it, but naive in many cases. Which is why I looked for meaning in them. Now, none of these variations truly explain how to handle yourself. What people forget are the original nine tenets. which the first explains, and I quote:

"Emotions are unavoidable, but lessons may be learned from the feeling of these emotions. However, emotions of such strength as to cause a Jedi to act or behave in a manner different from rational thought are dangerous, and must be avoided at all costs for a Jedi to truly master the Force."

When you walk into a situation, like a fight, you need to keep your focus. Distraction is something that can take away that focus and cause you a load of problems. However, if you're afraid of losing focus, that is a problem right there, that can lead to another problem and another. It just steamrolls. So, I say, "You're going to get mad, then get mad." Borrowing from my observation earlier, any Jedi that claims that they do not get mad from time to time are lying to themselves. Emotions can help you, they can guide you, but if you let your emotions control you, like wanting to kill someone who killed your friend (even if in the heat of battle, or accidentally) that is letting your emotions control. That is a problem.

Pausing for a moment, realizing he went on a looooong tangent, the big man stopped.

There's more to it, but this is just my view on the matter.

tag: Mig Gred@Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

3ghxt5m3VSQQ1CPIzBGpAJo-jD3AAI6kKb9mG817lp06_6220Q0UlGavOUW9Viv1XNBuoIvInRj4hif18YHgPNXOJjfyn_recaaJLC3RiHe26rW4q-gWgTKkrF1iIB_PYWVzuiN_

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

BB-4001A

B

Could they travel to Mandalorian farms more often?

This was way better than anything they did at the Silver Rest!

...except, Kashyyyk had more water. From what Eza had seen so far anyway. If the aquatic started to get parched, he could always dive off one of the branches of the worshyr tree and take a dip in the ocean.

But, for a planet with an arid atmosphere and the smell of animal pens, this was proving to be the best day ever! For one, Master Vanagor seemed to know the question in the padawan's head. The boy's webbed feet padded around, his tail kicking up some dust as the youth turned slightly to look up at the large form of Master Vanagor as the man imparted his perspective on the Code, emotion, and the role of the Jedi.

It was actually very inspirational. The padawan's head perked up, as visions of the great Jedi Knights filled his head.

The Mandalorian man and the human-ish man with white hair exchanged some comments, but the padawans were too busy daydreaming to really notice.

Then reality kicked in with:

"Ok, stay on the planet, jetii'ika. Anyone know the point of that demonstration? At least tell me a difference in both times?"

"Oh, uhh..." Eza murmured, as each of the padawans took turns looking at one of the others.

The Taï made a sound that seemed some combination of both a cough and sneeze. Glancing back up again, the youth looked at the Mandalorian and asked, "Can I get some water, Master?"

Were Mandalorians styled 'master'? Had he said what the style was?

Eza didn't recall if he had, the honorific rolling off the boy's tongue out of habit.

Also, it was a distraction. But hopefully one that worked. Plus, Eza would appreciate if someone poured a canteen over him.

Garil chuckled a bit as Caltin ended, but it was clear he wasn't laughing at large Jedi. No. It was one of those old man agreement laughs. The Trandoshian then spoke up, keeping his arms crossed in his sleeves.

"Sssounds like we aren't actually all that different. Glad you're the one that came considering some stories." Mig just shook his head a bit at Garil's last comment, but he did agree.

"Guess I should also say never get too old to learn. Part of why I'm glad you showed up, Master. Funny enough lines up with what my clan believes of Force training for the most part. Of course, being Mandalorian I won't deny I've gone on the attack at times, but it is surprisingly similar. Other than the Resol'nar, we teach avoiding killing in anger, but also to at least try to stay Force neutral... I don't think that rule's been taken too seriously for a long time, and it comes from the same age as the Clone Wars anyway, so something tells me there was some cause and effect in it. Now I would say don't let the Force blind you, but it's the third of rule that I'm going to explain to the younglings soon."

Mig was then surprised by Taiden's response.... He actually seemed to be going with understanding a culture verse anything else. "Well today's full of surprises. I'm not someone who doesn't separate them personally, but maybe you're right. It's a question that comes from my owns clan's past, but those were extreme circumstances. If you ever wonder where the heck CST's AI came from it was around that time."

Mig then looked at Eza, chuckling a little as he looked behind the Padawan. "I wouldn't say I'm a Master, but there's a utility speeder behind you with a drinking water tank on it. Help yourself." When Eza was done, Mig would speak up, and begin explaining the entire point of the lightning demonstration.

"So, when I used lightning earlier, the first time you might of noticed something. It seemed really strong right? Seemed good. But you may've also noticed a slight chill in the Force. My hand shaking maybe. I was using tapping a small bit of fear. Nothing too much after my training... but.... It's something I try to avoid for good reason. But I also used that memory the second time. So, I used the same memory, but without using what was probably the strongest emotion at that time. So, I looked back at a time when I was fearful, but for the second time, I thought about why I was afraid. What was going on in my head then. The other emotions that can be the root causes of things like fear and anger. The second blast of lightning may not've been as strong, but it used this way of redirecting, and lets me have a lot more control on its direction. Hints why I could manage to hit one fruit on the tree."

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Eza

#The Scrolls of Taiden Keth Entry #202 The Wisdom of the one's Code.

Jedi code was important to Taiden, their Mandalorian teacher's own code had been interesting to listen to. As Master Vanagor spoke a small bow was given at the end, hands together in thanks. There was much in his wisdom in Master Vanagor's words, and lifetimes of wisdom to process contained within their speaking. Yet more to learn from as their teacher spoke as well. To put it all in context took some contemplation and he was silent for several minutes.

He decided in the end they all had their method of control. Taiden's way was "temperance," Master Vanagor's was, "focus and" Mig's was "direction," or selection. Each within a rich history, experience, or culture to draw from. There was much more to each speaker's words certainly, the wisdom would take many days to fully absorb and meditate on.

"Do you have a copy of your code Master Vanagor?" So he might add it to the scrolls later, and meditate upon the words more thoroughly. Perhaps there was a datapad or file in the temple archives. Not forgetting he felt they needed to have a conversation later, yet he didn't know why.

Despite his misgivings on the technique itself, for mig Taiden's words were acclaiming, his stance shifting to match, "you have much emotional distinction Ecsharn. Sometimes my emotions blur together and their meanings are harder to process, do you have a technique for doing so?" If there was a way other than quiet contemplation and observation he would like to learn, from anyone.

While Eza might be drinking he offered over a small sleek white Echani device about palm-sized, with a twist it formed a very small fountain to drink from. He thought the padawan might appreciate it rather than a simple container. Everything was done with motion, even the opening of simple devices to access them or the flow of water. Strangely there was something curious about Eza, he felt he could learn much from his species. Unknowingly the flow of current, the movement of the ocean, all these things would fascinate him to learn from their motion. "Does your species have anything like a code?" Not wanting a missing piece of this puzzle to go unspoken if it were there.

"To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are." - GrandMaster Yoda

Still standing quietly, the big man listened to what everyone had to say. It was funny that out of all of those here, only a few were actually speaking up and their questions were pretty generic. That was okay though as a question not asked is a "stupid" question. The mentions of "lightning" and Gred's explanation were interesting. It was not simplistic, but there was a way about his answer that the big man found to be curious. He never considered the thought that you would tap into emotions to be able to pull up such a skill. It made sense though.

Pulling the small drinking cup from his web gear hidden underneath his robes, the big man opened up the cap and offered it to the boy. At the same time, he pulled the moisture from the air, to which there was quite a bit of and literally "made it rain" over him and just him. It was not a downpour, but a mist, enough to cool the poor kid off. It was smooth, cool, and above all else, precise showing just how long the massive Jedi Master has had practice in manipulating the weather. When it looked to be enough for the boy, for now, Vanagor balled his hand into a fist, and slowly all of the mist leftover had come together into a mass of water floating in mid-air. Letting it fall effortlessly into the open cup, he just winked to the kid as he closed up the bottle.

I think that is okay about that.

Turning his attention to the young Echani Legacy, the massive Jedi Master did not look at him like the monster his ancestor once turned into being, he looked on the Knight as a scholar who wanted to better understand the different views of the Force. There was a copy that the big man had, but it was the only one that he knew of, so Caltin was reticent to give it to anyone. Not out of mistrust, but out of a desire to protect the artifact and history itself. Nothing personal to Keth, but he would have to make do with what he had.

I have one copy, but I can quote them for you if you like:

The Nine Tenets were as follows;

"Jedi are the guardians of peace, justice, and order in the galaxy. We fight for all life, no matter how intelligent or how unintelligent, no matter how big or how small, no matter how significant or insignificant on a galactic scale. We defend civilization, as well as the freedoms and liberties of all people. The Republic shares these goals and they have become a close ally of the Order, as we are of theirs. We support them to maintain the peace and stability enjoyed by this main galactic body and the people throughout the galaxy. When the galaxy is split, a Jedi will side with the Republic, even if there are disagreements with the Republic's leadership, as we defend the people of the Republic. To rebel against this tenet is to create disorder and chaos."

The first tenet required the Jedi to be the keepers of the peace in the galaxy and to fight for all life, as well as the civilizations, freedoms, and liberties of all creatures throughout the galaxy. It also established the Jedi as defenders of the Old Republic.

"Emotions are unavoidable, but lessons may be learned from the feeling of these emotions. However, emotions of such strength as to cause a Jedi to act or behave in a manner different from rational thought are dangerous, and must be avoided at all costs for a Jedi to truly master the Force."

The second tenet warned the Jedi to be wary of their strong emotions. While not requiring them to "feel nothing," it did warn of emotions that would cause them to "act or behave in a manner different from rational thought."

"Feelings of attraction and love are to be explored carefully and with rationality in mind. Romantic pathways must be treated with care so as to avoid pain and anger. A Jedi must not, however, explore the realm of marriage. To love another is dangerous yet acceptable if treated with care, but attaching oneself to another life in the bonds of matrimony cannot be allowed. Attachment leads to the dark side, and to commit to the way of the Jedi means giving up personal desires and living for the benefit of all life."

The third tenet outright forbid the Jedi from pursuing marriage and warned of feelings of attraction or love. It stressed that attachment was a path to the dark side of the Force and that a Jedi's life of self-sacrifice required them to give up wants such as love and marriage.

"The Jedi are to respect life, in any form, and only take life when necessary. A Jedi must put the need of the community over the needs of individuals. A Jedi is not to act for solely personal gain or greed - the good of all must be his goal."
The fourth tenet stressed the Jedi's responsibility to respect life in whatever form it takes; including Dark Jedi. A Jedi was forbidden to kill unless it was unavoidable. They were also required to see to the needs of the community they served.

"A Jedi is to protect the weak and defenseless. A Jedi may not kill a defenseless individual. Should a Jedi be in a position where aid may be given to the weak or the poor, then the Jedi should do what they can to aid the situation within the guidelines of the Code, the Tenets, and of course the law."[SUP][1][/SUP]
The fifth tenet requires a Jedi to protect those who are weak or cannot defend themselves. A Jedi could not kill a defenseless or unarmed individual in any case. This sometimes proved difficult for younger Jedi who faced particularly dangerous foes or even mature Jedi facing a dark sider, such as a Dark Jedi or a Sith, whom they had disarmed. The Jedi were also required to give aid to the poor as long as it followed the Jedi Code, the tenets, and the law of the particular area they were in.

"All Jedi are to respect the decisions of the Jedi High Council. While conclaves are held for all members of the Order to air concerns, the Jedi High Council is the governing body of the order. Centralized leadership is important, and this council of equals, led by an equal designated as Grandmaster, was chosen with trust to make these decisions for the Order. Jedi may disagree with the High Council but they must never openly oppose it, for we have seen the dangers in open opposition."

The sixth tenet commanded the Jedi to obey the Jedi High Council and not openly oppose its decisions, though they were allowed to disagree with the Council. This tenet was revised heavily due to the rift that was created when the Ospion Guardians broke away from the Order following the Conclave on Ossus.

"Ruling power and financial wealth are not permitted for a Jedi, as these lead to arrogance and self-pride. Self-pride is a complex that eats the heart and mind of all, including Jedi. If a Jedi thinks he or she is greater than other beings, equal to other beings, or less than other beings then they have succumbed to self-pride. Guard against these three complexes night and day."

The seventh tenet warned the Jedi against seeing other beings in a sense of social standing, as well as forbidding them from possessing financial wealth or ruling power. This kept the Jedi out of planetary and central government politics and prevented them from feeling pride in themselves.

"A Jedi must consider the living and cosmic manifestations of the Force - one must be mindful of the present, but also look to both the future and the past for guidance."

The eighth tenet, which was also the last of the old Eight Tenets, commanded the Jedi to be mindful of the past, present, and future in order to understand the Force.

"A Jedi does not fight for adventure or glory. A Jedi fights for the survival of civilization and the survival of the people within it. The greatest Jedi is not the one who defeats an army of thousands, but the one who triumphs over himself. Your importance lies in your devotion to life."
The ninth and final tenet declared that the most powerful Jedi was not one who is victorious in military conflicts, but one who is victorious over themselves.

Finally, he looked around and had a little more poignant of a showing to make.

The Force is not simply the "Light" or "Dark" side, it is all-encompassing and how we choose to follow it determines our path, who we are, and who we choose to become. For example Lightning...

A very powerful strike suddenly, randomly, and precisely hit an open spot nowhere near a tree or anyone who might have been struck. Any after-effect might have been little more than hairs standing up. It was as safe as it was powerful.

... can eventually become something as simple as bringing the rain...

... another mist cloud... nothing too soaking... came and left.

Or really anything. The Force is really only limited by the will and imagination of those who wield it. We choose who and what we are. The Force jguides us down that path.

tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

BB-4001A

B

"I wouldn't say I'm a Master, but there's a utility speeder behind you with a drinking water tank on it. Help yourself."

The boy's tail shuffled from side to side, as the red-eyed aquatic looked over to where the man had indicated.

They kept water in tanks? Well, he supposed that made sense. Some parts of Taypho kept air in tanks. But before the boy could take a step toward the speeder, the white-haired man had produced a fountain of some sort.

The sight of it brought a smile to the boy's face, along with a short laugh at the small device producing the stream of water.

Then Master Vanagor offered him a cup.

At first, the boy was uncertain just what to do with the cup. It was, after all, an empty cup. Was he supposed to fill it from the fountain that Master... Master White-Haired-Guy-Whose-Name-He-Should-Probably-Know... was offering him?

Just what was Master White-Haired-Guy-Whose-Name-He-Should-Probably-Know's name? He'd said it earlier, right?

Also, there needed to be something shorter than Master White-Haired-Guy-Whose-Name-He-Should-Probably-Know. That was a lot to say. Or think.

Then, the rain came. Or the mist, in any case. It seemed that Master Vanagor had derived the true meaning behind the boy asking where the water was. It wasn't just that the boy was thirty, rather, he felt parched. After all, the arid environment and sunshine wasn't exactly forgiving on the scales or fish-like skin. A bubbly sound of mirth escaped the boy, as his whole body seemed to shiver like a dog that was shaking water from its coat. It started at his shoulders, traveling down his whole body to the end of his tail.

That was much better!

Sufficiently damp, the boy offered a bright "Thank you, Master!" as he accepted the now-full cup and swallowed down the gulp of water before passing the cap back to Master Vanagor.

Okay, shooting lighting was cool and all, but being able to draw moisture out of the air? That was just practical!

Eza definitely needed to learn that.

As the aquatic returned his attention to the Mandalorian's lesson, Mig was elaborating on the lesson supplied by the lightning that the padawans had missed. So drawing on emotion could be powerful, but also lack control. That seemed to make sense.

Master Vanagor and Master White-Haired-Guy-Whose-Name-He-Should-Probably-Know discussed the Jedi Code further, elaborating on the Jedi approach to what Mig had broached. When Master Vanagor had finished, Master White-Haired-Guy-Whose-Name-He-Should-Probably-Know turned and asked the boy, "Does your species have anything like a code?"

The large, red eyes just blinked. "Oh, uhh," the aquatic began, mulling over the question as though considering it for the first time. Because, he was.

"The Taï aren't really warriors," he offered finally. "We're not really Jedi either. Or, at least, I'm the only Taï I know who is. They're just... farmers." Except this was a farm, or what landstriders called a farm, and it wasn't like the farms on Taypho. "Well, we call them farmers, but I guess to you, we'd be fishermen?" the boy posed, though it was much speculation as anything else.

But, working on a farm tended to ascribe itself to a certain way of life. Eza was usually the first padawan awake in the morning because when you grew up on a farm, you were up before the sun was.

"I guess that's kinda their code. Get up early. If you do something, do it to the best of your ability -- do it right the first time, as my dad would say. That's kinda their code."

Remaining standing, in a serene calm, the Jedi Knight meditated on the code as it was given to him, closing his eyes to better recall what was being said. There was a lot of wisdom to appreciate, as if Master Vanagor had walked a thousand lifetimes to be where he is. Each of the nine tenants was important to have a greater understanding of, and something to strive for.

"Gratitude." His hands were together again eyes open, "Your road has been a long one Master Vanagar, I would appreciate more lessons if you have time." His own Master Nima Tann Nima Tann was absent from the order, and Master Ike now had many duties on her time. He wasn't asking for a commitment, but a lesson. There were many duties of his own that took his time, from his estate, to his diplomatic work with House Kae on Eshan. Working with the silvers on technical schematics, his various humanitarian missions, as well as a constant love of historical texts. Not to mention occasionally uncovering a plot of his ancestor to stop! So his time and duties were spread, but a lesson he would appreciate if the Master was willing.

There was a hesitation when Caltin spoke of light and dark, the lightning again caused tense reflex, almost recoil in the force aura, but he accepted the wisdom of another's code to better understand his own. There was a certain rigidity to his view of the force and the older ways.

Well, we call them farmers, but I guess to you, we'd be fishermen?" "I guess that's kinda their code. Get up early. If you do something, do it to the best of your ability -- do it right the first time, as my dad would say. That's kinda their code."

"Many would indeed call them fishermen," Taiden observed, relaxing his back foot. Many would stop there. He would call them fishermen, and "a critical part of your society that keeps it functioning." Perhaps their primary or only source of food! "Hard but sensible work, your people sound like they have," he wanted to say salt of the earth, "a sensible current to them." Which he considered fitted better both for his view of life and for what Eza spoke of.

"Well, like Master Vanagor said, you just... feel. It's more important to discern when you're using the Force."

Perhaps easy for some Jedi, not for others Taiden pondered, offering a bow of his head. The complexities of emotion could be meditated upon for many hours, their many meanings, and your reaction to events. Others might sit up at night reflecting on a choice and why, much like he would sit in meditation and have some self-reflection on the greater meaning behind an interaction. Yet still, others like Kei could make the choice, live with the consequences and address them at the moment they happened, but that wasn't his way.

Tonight's meditation might last three days!

"Impossible" is for the unwilling" - Jon Keats
With a nod, the big man simply went back to standing in the background, he has said enough and preferred to simply watch the proceedings as Gred called this meeting together and deserved the opportunity to present his imagery and point of view in his own right and manner. True the premise was to show "other ways of thinking", but this was more about Clan Gred and the Mandalorians as a whole and how they operate and view the Force, not what other Jedi do.

tag: Mig Gred Mig Gred Mig Gred Mig Gred [IMG alt="Eza"]https://www.starwarsrp.net/data/avatars/s/17/17483.jpg?1649608475[/IMG] Eza Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Taiden Keth Taiden Keth

Sanctuary Island

BB-4001A

B

The Taï gave a bow of his head to acknowledge what the white haired man had said.

Glancing over at Master Vanagor, it seemed that the man was turning the lesson back over to their Mandalorian host. So, following the man's gaze, the boy's head turned as he shifted his body to again focus his attention on Mig.

It had already been a lively discussion. What was next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom