Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Operation Crossfire [The Harbinger]

Kardek Alpha

K
WELCOME TO OPERATION CROSSFIRE

FACTION: The Harbinger + Open to Anyone
STARTING LOCATION: A popular cantina located in Hutta Town, Nar Shaddaa.
OPERATION LOCATION: Woonkala territory of Nar Shaddaa
OVERVIEW OF OPERATION: Liberate the oppressed Woonkala territory from the brutal Shadefall Cartel by starting a conflict between The Hutts and the Shadefall Cartel.
IDEAL FOR: Mercenaries, Smugglers, Assassins, Bounty Hunters, Spacers, Splicers, Operatives, Do-Gooders, Etc.
CURRENT TAGS: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Naten Harel Naten Harel (This is a continuation from the story started in the Escape thread)

PRIMARY CHARACTERS:
Orbish The Hutt [NPC] (Crime lord & ruler of Woonkala territory of Nar Shaddaa)Muntree [NPC] (Leader of the Shadefall Cartel in Woonkala territory)Kalie [Character] (Activist & Community Organizer in Woonkala territory)
latest
Portrait+-+Kappa.jpg
Kalie2.jpg

The Harbinger exited out of hyper speed at the Hutt-governed moon of Nar Shaddaa. Kardek, Alpha, and Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri looked out over the vast city scape that covered the entire moon as the ship approached. "Here we are." Kardek stated. He had been preparing for this specific operation for a few months now, ever since his good friend Kalie had reached out to him for assistance regarding the horrible oppression she was dealing with in Woonkala. She had thrown out the possibility of simply killing the primary cause of the oppression, which was Muntree, leader of the Shadefall Cartel... But Kardek knew that something like that would likely just make things worse for the territory and draw some unwanted attention from the Hutts. The plan had to be executed in such a way as to draw the attention away from Kalie and her small resistance in order to keep there from being negative blowback. Kardek believed that he had come up with a solution that would be perfect in that regard... that is... if was executed correctly. If it backfired, it could have severe consequences. All the more reason to do this right Kardek told himself.

He stood up from his seat as Alpha, his IG-88 Assassin Droid, received permission to land and began their approach to the landing hangars of Hutta Town. A gleam shown in Kardek's eye. He lived for this. He breathed for this. And it wasn't just the helping of people in need... it was the strategy... the planning... the tension... the climax... the drama of it all as he outwitted and outplayed the enemy.

The ship set down on the designated landing pad. It was a heavily modified Dynamic-Class Freighter that Kardek had gutted and rebuilt into an operational headquarters for operations such as this. He had named it "The Harbinger", which translates to mean "An omen of what is to come". The ship itself was a sign of justice for the oppressed and vengeance against the wicked. Alpha turned off the engines as Kardek turned to Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri who was sitting next to him. "Ok kid, lets go check on the cargo." He had picked her up from a scummy bar in the middle of nowhere and helped her in leaving her past behind. She had chosen to tag along with him for a while, to gain experience and such. He enjoyed her company, but a part of him worried that she might not be up for what was about to go down. She had told him that she was fully on board, and so he had decided to trust her word... Only time would tell.

They walked back into the port-side cargo bay where there were four large shipping containers. Kardek walked over and patted the closest container. "Looks like they faired just fine." He commented, turning to face Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri . He ran his other hand through his hair and chuckled a little as a thought came to him. "So I'm going to teach you your first lesson in the Kardek trade ok?" He smiled, "And the lesson is... always start an op in the right cantina." He walked over to the lift and motioned for her and Alpha to join him. When they were in position, he hit the control panel and they descended to the Hanger floor. "And while the drinks are important of coarse..." He commented as they walked out of the hanger, "It's all about who frequents the establishment. Cantina's are the networking hubs of the underground. But be careful kid..." He said as they approached the entrance, "You can get into trouble quick just by giving the wrong look to the wrong patron. Follow my lead and let me do the talking ok?"

The Gunslinger, Assassin Droid, and young Togruta entered the cantina (is this the start of a bad joke?). Kardek motioned them to a nearby table as he approached the counter. He leaned against the counter, his eyes scanning the room slowly as his cybernetic implants fed him known details of the current patrons. Alpha and Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri made their way to the table and sat down. Kardek ordered a beer, keeping his eyes open for some possible recruits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Local Time: 14:34
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Objective: Find a New Bounty/Contract
Equipment: See Character Bio
Tags: Kardek Alpha | Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Naten Harel Naten Harel

The last few bounties Kranak took was a bust. It was not the pay he complained about to himself, it was the thrill. They were not challenging. He did not feel the thrill of combat, the rush of adrenaline. To him, these were what he looked for in a contract or a bounty. He could not forget one particular bounty -if you could call it that- in Tatooine. He was ambushed by a Darjetii there. She had made a fake bounty and kept the details to a minimum in order to discuss the “job” face to face. She lured him in the middle of the desert that way and attacked him. He was certainly not expecting to be attacked by his “Patron” on that one. She took her by surprise. The ferocity of her attacks surprised him even more. If it were not for his beskar’gam and training, he would have been dead. The rush of adrenaline and the thrill on that “job” was indescribable. She had managed to escape him, albeit injured. His Scatter Gun had done a number on her. He would certainly try and find her again. But that would have to wait for some time. He needed to do some research on her ability to cross short distances in a flash. He needed to know more about the Jetii and Darjetii. But due to his work he could not find the time to do any research on the matter.

He came to Nar Shadda to find his next gig. He had been here a couple of times. The planet was like Coruscant. There were thugs and cartels everywhere. Crime was the way of life in the lower levels of Coruscant, just as it was the way of life here, in Nar Shaddaa.

The best place to look would be the local cantina. He could browse his custom datapad there for a bounty or overhear a promising gig. Who’d knew. He walked through the narrow streets of Nar Shadda, passing by small clubs, shops and deserted apartments and construction sites as he made his way to a popular cantina. He ducked his head to not hit the upper frame of the door as he entered the cantina. He glanced at his surroundings. There were all kinds of people here. Criminals, spacers, you name it. An empty table by the corner caught his eye. He made his way to it and settled down as he took off his backpack and set to his right side, by the wall. He turned down the waitress that came to take an order as he pulled out his custom datapad and started to look for a worth-while bounty or a contract.

If there is one place that Naten Harel could call home, it would definitely be Nar Shaddaa; the very place that brought back bittersweet memories of Naten’s time in the Hutt military. Sure, his real “home” planet was Nar Bo Sholla, but he couldn’t exactly stake that planet as home since the only thing he could remember of that world was the harsh living conditions and brutal labor of the spice mines. Tonight, he decided to settle down at a bar/inn before heading out to find some work. If he was lucky enough, perhaps some work will find him instead, either way, as long as both offered a lump sum of credits and involved a decent target.

After arranging a room with the host, he decided to stop by the bar downstairs and settle for a drink or two.

Kardek Alpha

K
Kardek took a swig of beer, then grabbed some paper and a pen from his pocket. He tore the paper into smaller squares and scribbled the same thing on each piece...

'Table 14'

It was vague, but he knew that if they were here looking for a job, they would know it was a lead for possible work. He kept two pieces on the counter and shoved the rest into his jacket pocket. Kardek was very careful about how he contracted work. He rarely did anything through official channels, or posted any contracts on bounty or merc boards. He always kept a wall of privacy between him and those he employed and never hired the same people twice... unless there was a deeper connection that happened to form. In this business, it was best to keep to the shadows and to remain under the radar. Having a reputation of any kind would make it harder to do what he does effectively.

Kardek motioned to the bartender. As he came over, Kardek slid him a good chunk of credits privately along with two of the pieces of paper. He whispered some things to him, and the man nodded, pulling the credits towards himself and off the counter secretly. Kardek made his way back to where Alpha and Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri were seated... table 14. He sat down and gave Mini (Kuxirra) a quick smile, letting her know everything was going well so far.

The bartender poured two drinks, then he took them and approached the first individual whom had caught Kardek's attention: Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . Without a word, he placed the drink before the Mandalorian with the paper hidden underneath it.

He then made his way over to the second individual: Naten Harel Naten Harel . Again, he simply placed the beer before him with the paper hidden underneath it, then left.

Local Time: 14:35
Tags: Kardek Alpha | Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Naten Harel Naten Harel

He was browsing the contract board on his custom datapad as he sat at the table in the corner, alone. There was not anything that interested him at the time. A contract caught his eye, but it looked boring. If he accepted it he’d be hired as a mercenary for security detail in some convention.
<Well, that’d be super boring.> He thought to himself. <I’ll pass.> He continued scrolling down to find something that sparked his interest but he was disturbed by the bartender as he approached Kranak and served him a large glass of beer. He hadn’t ordered anything from the waitress, so he was surprised. [“There must be a mix up. I didn’t order any-“] The bartender left him to serve someone else without saying a word. He glanced at the drink and looked at his surroundings. Someone must have ordered one for him. But who? He looked back at the drink and saw a piece of paper under the glass.

He would never drink when he’s on the job or while he’s looking for a job. He would only drink on rare occasions. He lifted the glass and took the paper and set the glass on the table. There was something written on the paper. It read
‘Table 14’ on the paper. He looked up from the paper in his hand and looked around again, scanning his surroundings. He glanced over multiple occupied tables and managed to find ‘Table 14’. He saw an IG-88 standing beside the man. There was a rather familiar looking Togruta Female sitting next to him. He tilted his head to the left, showing intrigue. This could potentially be the job he was looking for. He wouldn’t have anything to lose from walking over. Or so he hoped. He had become more cautious ever since he was ambushed by his “Patron” on Tatooine. As thrilling as it was, he would like to avoid nasty surprises.

He picked up his custom datapad and turned it off to save some battery power and placed it into his large pouch on his War Belt and picked up his ECM-598 Medical Backpack as he got up. He walked over to
‘Table 14’ with his left hand casually resting on his left pistol holster by his Black Kama. He took a seat at their table, right across the man. He placed his backpack on the ground between his legs as he sat.

[“So, to whom do I owe that drink?”] He inquired as he glanced at the man and the young Togruta female.

Jacen was on Nar Shaddaa once again to find some kind of smuggling job. He always came here when he was out of work as he knew that the various cartels and syndicates always needed some smuggling done. First however he needed a drink as the journey back from the Core had been long and frankly quite boring. Parking the Traveler in one of Hutta Town's many docking areas. "Mind the ship while I'm gone ok." he called out to O9 as he left the ship. "Time to find a drink" he said to himself as he headed into town. After visiting many bars, cantinas and inns that were all full he finally found a small yet pleasant cantina. Once inside he headed to the bartender and ordered a cup of bonadan booze. After quickly gulping the first cup he ordered a second and while the bartender filled it up he asked if he of anyone looking for someone to take a job. The bartender handed him his drink and pointed at a table occupied by a young Togruta female and two men one of whom wore Mandalorian Armor. Thanking the bartender and paying him, Jacen headed over to the table.

"Good evening gentlemen" and then looking at the Togruta "and young woman". Looking at the man in the center he said "I was pointed in this direction when asking for work. What needs doing?"

Naten frowned when the bartender slid a drink towards him even though he didn't order anything. Judging by the color and scent, he knew it was his favorite choice of drink, Hutt Bile, but who in this side of galaxy was kind enough offer a not-so-cheap drink? He glanced around himself before taking the drink and giving it a few swigs before noticing a piece that fell from the bottom of his cup. He picked it up, and inspected it with some suspicion then unfolding it, seeing "Table 14" written on it.

"I didn't even start look'n yet." the mercenary mumbled to himself before glancing around, trying to look for the table until his eyes landed on a specific table that had a three men and a little Togruta girl. After confirming with himself that it was the table he was looking for, he left his seat with his drink in hand and walked towards the table.

"Table 14, what can I do for you?" He asked before taking another swig.

Kardek Alpha

K
@Kranak Vizsla said:
[“So, to whom do I owe that drink?”] He inquired as he glanced at the man and the young Togruta female.

Kardek acknowledged the Mandalorian ( Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla ) as he joined them at the table with a nod. "Name's Kardek. This here is Alpha..." Motioning with his head towards the assassin droid seated next to him, "...And Mini." he said as he motioned towards Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri .

As the Merc ( Naten Harel Naten Harel ) approached, he smiled and raised his glass, welcoming him to the table.

@Naten Harel said:
"Table 14, what can I do for you?" He asked before taking another swig.

Kardek offered him a seat, then leaned forward and started to speak,

"I invited you gentlemen over because I could really use your expertise over the next couple of days if you're available for that long. I would definitely make it worth your while..." Kardek raised his eyes to observe the spacer ( Jacen Rann Jacen Rann ) who was now approaching the table as well. He gave him a quick scan, accessing known information on the man, then gave him a smile and offered him a seat as well.

@Jacen Rann said:
"Good evening gentlemen" and then looking at the Togruta "and young woman". Looking at the man in the center he said "I was pointed in this direction when asking for work. What needs doing?"

"You're welcome to join us, spacer. As I was saying..." Kardek took a drink of beer, then continued, "I would like to contract you gentlemen..." He looked over at Mini and gave her a wink, "As well as you, kid, for the next three days. It's an in-depth operation that will require you to be working with each other and with me and Alpha in a variety of capacities..." He leaned in closer, his eyes shifting slowly back and forth between the members of his table, making eye contact with everyone as he spoke. "Unfortunately I cannot give you any more information at this time, as this op is of a highly sensitive nature, and I would rather continue this conversation somewhere else. However, I will pay you well for your discretion on top of your split." Kardek leaned back in his chair and ran his hand through his hair before scratching the back of his head. "I apologize that I cannot share any more information with you before you make your decision, it unfortunately will have to be a step of faith... but I promise you that you will be more than content with your payment. If this is not for you, then I hope you enjoyed your drink." He said, resting both hands on the table, "So who's in?" He asked.

Local Time: 14:36
Tags: Kardek Alpha | Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Naten Harel Naten Harel | Jacen Rann Jacen Rann

<Kardek, Alpha and Mini.> he thought to himself as he glanced at them individually. In response to Kardek, he decided to speak out his name. They didn’t appear to be much of a threat and he was under the impression the gig would be legit. He did not think he would have to fight his “patron” this time here, unlike that happenstance in Tatooine. [“You can call me Kranak.”] he spoke in a low tone as he looked at the man, the droid and the young Togruta.

Shortly after he heard a man’s voice coming from behind him say
“Table 14, what can I do for you?” before he took a swig from his drink. He looked over his left shoulder at the man approaching the table. The man was almost as tall as him, but Kranak stood a head taller than him, give or take. The man had stern facial features. He presumed the man was a mercenary like himself.

He assumed they were here for the gig as well. He looked back at Kardek to listen to what he had to say about the job.

“I invited you gentlemen over because I could really use your expertise over the next couple of days if you’re available that long. I would definitely make it worth your while…” Kardek paused as his eyes shifted towards somebody else. Kranak looked over his left shoulder once more to see a man in spacer attire approach the table as he spoke “Good evening gentlemen… and young woman. I was pointed in this direction when asking for work. What needs doing?”

Kardek continued, saying “You’re welcome to join us, spacer. As I was saying…” he shortly paused to take a swig from his drink. “I would like to contract you gentlemen…” he gave a quick glance and a wink to Mini sitting to his left “As well as you, kid, for the next three days. It’s an in-depth operation that will require you to be working with each other and with me and Alpha in a variety of capacities…” he paused shortly as he leaned closer to them as he gave quick glances at the mercenaries. He continued as Kardek looked at them one by one “Unfortunately I cannot give you any more information at this time, as this op is of a highly sensitive nature, and I would rather continue this conversation somewhere else. However, I will pay you well for your discretion on top of your split.” He spoke, as he leaned back in his chair and ran his hand through his hair, scratching the back of his head. “I apologize I cannot share any more information with you before you make your decision, it unfortunately will have to be a step of faith… but I promise you that you will be more than content with your payment. If this is not for you, then I hope you enjoyed your drinks." He spoke, as he rested both his hands on the table. “So who’s in?” he inquired shortly after.

<Interesting.> he thought to himself as he lowered his head, looking at the table, zoning out. They were in Nar Shaddaa after all. In places like this, the walls had ears. Kardek was obviously playing it safe. He assumed they would continue the conversation somewhere more private. Like a safe house or a ship.

The gig sounded dangerous enough to intrigue him. He didn’t really care about the pay. He was more interested in the combat aspect of things. He wanted to feel the rush of combat and adrenaline, like he felt in Tatooine when he was attacked by a Darjetii. That was good and memorable. From the sound of the job description -even if the description was very limited at the time-, he assumed he would find what he was looking for in this gig. He gave a slight nod of the head while he was zoned out and raised his head, gazing at Kardek and spoke [“You can count me in.”] in a low tone.

"You're welcome to join us, spacer. As I was saying..." Kardek took a drink of beer, then continued, "I would like to contract you gentlemen..." He looked over at Mini and gave her a wink, "As well as you, kid, for the next three days. It's an in-depth operation that will require you to be working with each other and with me and Alpha in a variety of capacities..." He leaned in closer, his eyes shifting slowly back and forth between the members of his table, making eye contact with everyone as he spoke. "Unfortunately I cannot give you any more information at this time, as this op is of a highly sensitive nature, and I would rather continue this conversation somewhere else. However, I will pay you well for your discretion on top of your split." Kardek leaned back in his chair and ran his hand through his hair before scratching the back of his head. "I apologize that I cannot share any more information with you before you make your decision, it unfortunately will have to be a step of faith... but I promise you that you will be more than content with your payment. If this is not for you, then I hope you enjoyed your drink." He said, resting both hands on the table, "So who's in?" He asked.

After hearing this Jacen's curiosity had been peaked by the secrecy of the job. This could be very interesting and potentially quite profitable, he thought, but also dangerous. Jacen started to have second thoughts. But he was also intrigued by what could this job be. Then without really thinking about it, he said "You can count be in". He was here for work after all he thought to himself. "Let's hope its worth it" he whispered to himself

Naten rose a brow after the announcement that Kardek Alpha made. Even without further details about this mission he had for the team he was building, there was something about this quest that sparked Naten's interest; something that told him he would be missing out in a load of credits if he were to sit out on this quest. Besides, it wasn't like Naten to place a high value on his own life which made engaging in high risking jobs like this up his street.

"Well if you say the job pays well and is dangerous, I'd like know where we are going." Naten said, agreeing to join the group.

Kardek Alpha

K
NAR SHADDAA - LOCAL CANTINA IN HUTTA TOWN
With Naten Harel Naten Harel , Jacen Rann Jacen Rann , Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla , Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Kardek nodded, "Perfect!" He stood from the table with Alpha and motioned for the new crew to follow him.

Landing.jpg

The odd bunch made their way through the dim streets to a docking station, where The Harbinger was awaiting their arrival. It appeared to be a rather standard-looking dynamic-class freighter from the outside, but it had some surprises up its sleeves. Kardek quickly opened the boarding ramp and ushered everyone inside, closing the ramp behind them. He did not want for everyone to be seen together... the quicker they were inside, the better.

INSIDE THE HARBINGER
With Naten Harel Naten Harel , Jacen Rann Jacen Rann , Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla , Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Once inside, Kardek turned to everyone, pulling his goggles up off his eyes onto his forehead. "Welcome to The Harbinger." He said. On the inside, the ship felt like a unique blend of practical function and elegant technology, appearing very rugged and utilitarian if it wasn't for the sophisticated high-tech computer systems found at every access station and table.

gm76GJz.jpg

Kardek brought the group into the lounge and motioned for them to take a position around the briefing table, which was a large enough table made of blue glass. The entire table was a screen with built-in holo projectors, allowing for anything to be projected or displayed for everyone to see. As soon as everyone was situated, he activated the table. A map of the Woonkala territory of Nar Shaddaa appeared. It was a decently sized territory, with a population of about 1.2 million. Visually it looked much like the rest of the planet... covered in city scape.

"So you might or might not have heard of this unspectacular territory." Kardek said, leaning both hands against the table as he himself glanced over the familiar area... at least to him. "It is run by a rather uninterested Hutt named Orbish..." He hit a button on the screen, activating the holo projector and showing a picture of the Hutt. "He is rather unconcerned with the territory and never leaves his own palace, letting the territory be mostly to itself. He of coarse has a military and is someone who is not exactly a good idea to mess with, as he is a Hutt with deep connections to a handful of Hutt families." Kardek swiped the hologram to a side of the table, "But he is not the reason you are here..." Kardek activated another hologram of a rather ugly alien with a scar across his forehead, "Meet Muntree, leader of the Shadefall Cartel who has an ego the size of this moon. His cartel has a pervasive influence throughout most of Woonkala, a mini empire built upon oppression and manipulation of the businesses and inhabitants of the territory. He has an understanding with Orbish The Hutt, who lets him mostly do whatever he pleases... as long as certain boundaries are never crossed and... of coarse... as long as Orbish gets a cut of the profit from the Cartel..."

Kardek looked up at the new crew, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. "We are going to cause the complete collapse of the Shadefall Cartel, and we are going to have Orbish The Hutt do it for us."

Jac Yaxis

J
Dtl_m3rWkAIcK6l.jpg

Mentions: Naten Harel Naten Harel , Jacen Rann Jacen Rann , Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla , Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri , Kardek Alpha
How Jac loathed dealing with the Hutts. Unsophisticated credit flashing slugs with egos bigger than a blackhole. But their power and influence were useful especially to Jac and the information banks of Corusca. But for the mere months the two death with one another, cracks begin to show between the two. There were many assets that Corusca had connections with in the Wookala district and the power struggle had opened a new market on the planet for them to exploit, dealing with the Hutt's, the Shadefell, and the Kalie's liberation movement. Playing all sides and maintaining a perpetual state of fighting. He provided information on the liberation movement to both the Shadefell and the Hutts in order to gain access to their business ventures on Nar Shadda to be sources for brokerage, and he provided intel on both cartels to the liberators without having to compromise his own interests in the district.

But recently, Muntree started to get reckless. As weapons were flooding into the district, through purchase of the liberators, Shadefell pressured the district government to tariff weapons coming into the district without Orbish's consent. So the liberators turned to smuggling which Corusca agreed to assist with. One of their smuggling operations lead to the death of 3 Corusca operatives and the imposed tariffs lead to slow growth of Wookala's economy.

Jac was here to discuss the matter with Orbish, and to set up a meeting with Muntree.

<Jac my friend.> He said in his native Huttese, <Its always good to see a friend of mine turn up, what is it that I can do for you?>

<I'm here on business Orbish.>
Jac replied in his broken accent, <Wookala had never seen such prosperity until you had come to power. Which was why when I was on Nar Shadda I was given a tip to see you.>

<Hahaha! Yes, Arkash was a smart man, one of Nar Shadda's famous runners. A shamed he got tipped off by Shadefell, his family hasn't been the same since.>

<Arkash thrived cause of your prosperity, but given the imposed tariffs on the district we are seeing less of that prosperity and I'm afraid this will boil over into unwanted destruction of the district. Shadefell's dealings are starting to become something of a concern to that, I was asking if you could set up a meeting with Muntree.>

<The tariffs have done little to impose our prosperity, those tariff checks still go to me. Muntree and I get a 45/45 split of the tariffs while the rest go to taxes. Plus this would force the rebels out of hiding, Muntree informed me that they've been starting to get ambitious and so far he's proven himself useful. So I trust his judgement>

<Wookala is a shipping district, if you let these tariffs go on, your businesses will get anxious. And a full scale conflict with wanton destruction is hardly good for business.>

<My people have informed me of this. Muntree has been fair in his dealings with me and has guaranteed me that the rebels assets will be turned over to me once he establishes control. Only then will the tariffs be lifted>

<What assurance do you have, he won't double cross you?>

Once that was said, Orbish pulled on a chain revealing a young woman who fell to the floor of the Hutt's strong tug and whimpered. She looked up and Jac got a better look at her, shared physical characteristics to that of Muntree. <He gave you his daughter?!>

<That and a down payment of spice worth 300,000 credits. A man like him willing to risk that much would never go back on his word.>

Jac was stunned, he did a lot of questionable and downright despicable things to people sure. But slavery and trafficking were not in his moral compass. He collected himself and realized no negotiation was possible, <Very well> He said collecting himself. <Thank you for the hospitality Orbish, if you ever see Muntree tell him I said hello.>

<Of course Jac, always pleausre. Rootuge please escort this man back to his speeder.>

He said to his Twi'lek bodyguard as Jac was taken to his speeder where some of his employees were waiting for him. They then drove off to their hotel with they booked where Jac called a meeting in his suite with the staff who came with him. "Were going to terminate Muntree and Shadefell." He said.

Kardek Alpha

K
INSIDE THE HARBINGER
Other Tags: Jac Yaxis

@Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri raised an eye marking. "And how are we going to do this?"

Kardek gave her a wink, "Good question kid. My friend Kalie has been trying to organize the locals and some businesses into a sort of resistance against Shadefall..." He touched the screen again and a picture of Kalie appeared. "She means well, but she is way out of her depth... and she is going to get herself and everyone else killed if she is not careful." Kardek took his glasses and slid them off his head, running his hand through his hair with the same motion, then scratched the back of his neck. "They're little more than a band of small business owners who are at risk of loosing their professions, some mercs and small gangs who are sick of Shadefall... that kind of thing. They have been starting to strike back at Shadefall but it's not going well... and if this keeps up the Hutts might get involved... not good for them at all." Kardek shook his head slightly with a little bit of frustration, apparently stemming from Kalie and the mess she was making. "We don't stand a chance at a war, and neither does Kalie. Thats why, first thing were going to do, is destroy..." Kardek motioned with his hands that he was speaking figuratively, "...the resistance. It has already been beaten up pretty bad, so we will coordinate a plan with Kalie to make Muntree think he has successfully destroyed the last remnants of the resistance. Then they will remain underground until all of this is over..."

Kardek swiped the screen, making all three holograms of Orbish, Muntree, and Kalie smaller and placing them off to the side. "After that, we need to erode the trust between Orbish and Muntree. Thats more complicated, but should be doable if we play our cards right. There are already some cracks in the dam... we just need a big Kriffin' crowbar..."

Open entering The Harbinger, Naten took a good look at the ship and its interior, noting what he could witness, the ship was rather well maintained and even upgraded than what he expected. After all, even if you can’t judge a client by their looks, you can definitely judge them by their ship (if they have one); maybe not by the model, but well the vessel is taken care of. This ship, of course, earned a spot on Naten’s checklist, allowing him to place a little more trust on@Kardek Alpha and his little partner.

When Kardek Alpha opened the holomap and began briefing the team, Naten narrowed his eyes at the sight of a familiar Hutt, Orbish. Although Naten was a former sergeant of the Hutt military for years, he’s heard the name mentioned a couple of times from the higher-ups, criticising how bad and miss-managed Orbish’s military was, though they were still considered strong.

The holo image was then switched to the leader of the Shadefall Cartel, who Naten smirked and shook his head at. Again, being someone who formerly worked for the Hutts, Naten was familiar with this Cartel. Though his past self wouldn’t bat an eye over stuff the Cartel, it was interesting to see himself now on the opposing side, working against the Cartel with a patched up team, who were about to pick-off some resistance...or at least make the enemy think that they did.

“When you say destroy the resistance...how would you like to do it?” Naten asked with a raised brow as he tore his eyes away from the holo projection and to his client.

Kardek Alpha

K
(OOC: Moving this post down further in the thread)

Local Time: 14:37
Objective: Find a New Contract/Bounty
Tags: Kardek Alpha | Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Naten Harel Naten Harel | Jacen Rann Jacen Rann | Jac Yaxis

After everyone agreed to take the job, Kardek nodded and said “Perfect!” as he stood from the table and motioned for them to follow him. He picked up his ECM-598 Backpack from between his legs as he stood up and followed him and the group.

After a while of navigating the dim and narrow streets of Nar Shaddaa, Kardek led them to a docking station to a Dynamic Class Freighter. He heard of these ships before. The design was very, very old. The ships design was introduced before 3963 BBY. He was very much surprised to see one of these still functional. <Kardek’s got an interesting taste.> He thought to himself as he walked up the ship’s boarding ramp.

---

Local Time: 14:44
Objective: Listen to the Mission Briefing

“Welcome to the Harbinger.” He heard Kardek say as they entered the ship’s interior. The interior design of the ship was something else. It surely did receive upgrades along the way. The interior was also well maintained and clean. He wasn’t sure how much of the original systems were left in place though. The design was very old after all.

Kardek brought them to the ship’s lounge and motioned for the group to take a spot around the briefing table. He stood tall with his arms crossed between the spacer and the other mercenary. As Kardek activated the table’s built in holo-projectors, a map of Nar Shaddaa appeared. He was unfamiliar with what territory was being portrayed on the table, however.

He listened to the mission briefing carefully as Kardek explained the situation in detail.
"So you might or might not have heard of this unspectacular territory." Kardek said, leaning both hands against the table as he himself glanced over the familiar area... at least to him. "It is run by a rather uninterested Hutt named Orbish..." He hit a button on the screen, activating the holo projector and showing a picture of the Hutt. "He is rather unconcerned with the territory and never leaves his own palace, letting the territory be mostly to itself. He of coarse has a military and is someone who is not exactly a good idea to mess with, as he is a Hutt with deep connections to a handful of Hutt families." Kardek swiped the hologram to a side of the table, "But he is not the reason you are here..." Kardek activated another hologram of a rather ugly alien with a scar across his forehead, "Meet Muntree, leader of the Shadefall Cartel who has an ego the size of this moon. His cartel has a pervasive influence throughout most of Woonkala, a mini empire built upon oppression and manipulation of the businesses and inhabitants of the territory. He has an understanding with Orbish The Hutt, who lets him mostly do whatever he pleases... as long as certain boundaries are never crossed and... of coarse... as long as Orbish gets a cut of the profit from the Cartel..."

Kardek looked up at the new crew, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. "We are going to cause the complete collapse of the Shadefall Cartel, and we are going to have Orbish The Hutt do it for us."

This was rather intriguing. They were going to get Orbish the Hutt to clear the Shadefall Cartel for them. <But how exactly are we going to do that?> He thought to himself. He did not need to voice his opinion at the time as others asked the question in his mind. He glanced at the young Togruta when she inquired about the mission. He looked back at Kardek as he continued his briefing.
Kuxirra raised an eye marking. "And how are we going to do this?"

He looked back at Kardek as he continued his briefing, answering her question in the process.
Kardek gave her a wink, "Good question kid. My friend Kalie has been trying to organize the locals and some businesses into a sort of resistance against Shadefall..." He touched the screen again and a picture of Kalie appeared. "She means well, but she is way out of her depth... and she is going to get herself and everyone else killed if she is not careful." Kardek took his glasses and slid them off his head, running his hand through his hair with the same motion, then scratched the back of his neck. "They're little more than a band of small business owners who are at risk of loosing their professions, some mercs and small gangs who are sick of Shadefall... that kind of thing. They have been starting to strike back at Shadefall but it's not going well... and if this keeps up the Hutts might get involved... not good for them at all." Kardek shook his head slightly with a little bit of frustration, apparently stemming from Kalie and the mess she was making. "We don't stand a chance at a war, and neither does Kalie. Thats why, first thing were going to do, is destroy..." Kardek motioned with his hands that he was speaking figuratively, "...the resistance. It has already been beaten up pretty bad, so we will coordinate a plan with Kalie to make Muntree think he has successfully destroyed the last remnants of the resistance. Then they will remain underground until all of this is over..."

Kardek swiped the screen, making all three holograms of Orbish, Muntree, and Kalie smaller and placing them off to the side. "After that, we need to erode the trust between Orbish and Muntree. Thats more complicated, but should be doable if we play our cards right. There are already some cracks in the dam... we just need a big Kriffin' crowbar..."

So, their first task was to “destroy” the resistance group formed against the Shadefall Cartel. He tilted his head to the left as he listened. This was a noble cause, but he assumed he would not be seeing a lot of action as he anticipated beforehand. But the gig was quite dangerous still. They would be dealing with a Hutt at some point. That would put you on the barrel end of a blaster if you didn’t play your cards right. The other mercenary to his left inquired to Kardek.

“When you say destroy the resistance...how would you like to do it?” Naten asked with a raised brow as he tore his eyes away from the holo projection and to his client.
That’s right, how were they going to “destroy” the resistance? He assumed they would pose as mercenaries hired by the Shadefall Cartel to “clean up” the resistance, maybe. He wondered what Kardek had in mind for this section of the mission.

The spacer to his right inquired about the next step of the mission.
"How exactly do you intend to erode the trust between the Hutts and Shadefall?" Jacen asked after listening to Kardek Alpha .
He asked how they were going to further erode the trust between the Hutts and the Shadefall Cartel. He nodded at the inquiries of the both. He did not need to ask anything yet as they were already asking the right questions. For now, he just listened to the briefing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom