Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
"Again..a pleasure your lordship..." Marina gave [member="Vulpesen"] another acknowledging bow.
So he were a good friend of her friend. it did bring about a true, but pleasant smile. If only the galaxy would allow a window for her and Riamah to share more than pleasantries, Marina nearly sighed thinking that.

"Yes, I'd like that, [member="Riamah"] " It were something she had wanted to ask of her, but sounding from her friend...it felt really heartwarming. The thought of them two just shooting the hay together without such a burden upon their shoulders. That and not having to mind the political circus for just maybe a day...or a half day, if the gods were frugal. Such dreams of a normal life among friends were in fact one of the products which derived from the same hope which existed for a peaceful galaxy.

Marina had intentions of meeting up with Riamah for months now. But the call of those whom were under fire from oppressors put those very intentions under the same wishful thinking, as for peace. But with the vermin (her feelings for sith) attacks on her home world months ago and their incursions into free space, namely the core belts; it had put off their social intentions of a get together almost indefinitely. There were more urgent and dire responsibilities both seemed to have taken cause of.
Marina knew Riamah was very proactive in the fight to keep the core systems out of TSE's filthy hands and had done much for the resistance and their allies, including Alderaan. In not so many words, Riamah had been a true and tried loyal friend to not only to Alderaan, but to her Queen [member="Faith Organa"]

"It's certainly something which I've kept vigil on... finding the avenue to socialize, I mean.
Sigh...There is so much more to share than one's political views and counter strategies against our oppressors..."

Would there be a shard of sunlight amid this darkness void which seemed to envelop everyone? ...them both, in their undying struggle to keep the galaxy from collapsing under the sith and the FO? Perhaps one day. So hope would keep them two looking for that break in the storm clouds for a carefree get together. But should this day hold true for what had been promised to be a peaceful conference..then there it was; an opportunity as any, to a day not demanding extreme measures from each one of them in their own way. Then they just may have that chance to speak as just friends and not allies. Oh it were just as good a dream as any...

The shudder of the vessel parting the atmosphere brought Marina back to the present as she slightly bumped into her queen. It were nothing more than what would be considered a slight brush, but it nevertheless had her make contact with Faith and not in an orderly manner.
"Gasp... your majesty....
I....I am so sorry..." She said, getting a better hold on the headrest of the seat she was standing in back of. They were all still standing in the small bridge of the transport, looking ahead as the clouds started to envelope their craft...

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Harley gave a small chuckle before composing himself, seemed the CIS was a fun poke all around from it's mess up. "Well it is a pleasure to meet you [member="Yefet Rothko"], you certainly sound like a person about business". "I am Harley Fenstermacher, CEO and Owner of H&C Logistics Incorporated, an umbrella company with 3 small sub companies under it, two I own one I adsorbed after their current owner left". "I mainly deal in ships ground vehicles and technical components, both civilian and military.. oh and I am also a republic senator with the NR".

He put out his hand and gave a nice firm shake to the other business owner but before any major talking points could be discussed the still forming crowd was greeted by the presence of their host. He was tall and somewhat grand figure, certainly liked flashy outfits from what Harley could tell, probably a political system that ran on the notion of nobility by the looks of things. As for the speech, it was interesting to say the least, something a little new, but over all was quite the standard 'we are neutral, we want to stay away from wars, just connection'.

Sad that such wishes would never be absolute, in this galaxy there was no neutral, you either supported one side or not, the minute [member="Vespasian the Elder"] had sent out the invitation he had forfeited such neutrality. Considering that there was not First Order ambassador or Sith Empire diplomat present Harley could only assume that both empires not considered this Commonwealth to be an enemy at worst or not worth their time at the best. Either way it was not a good sign in the Echani's mind, but did limit competition for discussion, more so with the CIS still bumbling around and the SJO having yet to arrive.

"Well that was a not worthy entrance, but back to you MrRothko, what were we talking about"?

[member="Riamah"] [member="Kyber"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Atlas Drake"] [member="Aedan Miles"]

moving our group into the room to hear the speech

All the bumps and hiccups to get to this one place Faith appreciated the beauty that was set before them. The arrival on the planet was immediately met and the small group was taken to the location of all the delegates present. They arrived just in time to hear the speech begin.

She stood quietly with her hands folded listening. This was what she came for to hear their position. The words came easy from [member="Vespasian the Elder"] he had either practiced them or he truly believed in what he said. But it did seem that they were in it only for the profit siding with neither light or dark with a focus on business. Interesting position for certain, sell to both sides and hope neither came calling with their armies.

She looked back to [member="riamah"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] and [member="Vulpesen"] , "Seems we have rooms, but I'd to hear your opinion of what you are hearing.." She wasn't a merchant and what business sense she had was out of touch at times with the galaxy. This was why she was glad to have them with her they knew more than she.

After the introductions between Vulps and Marina were made, Ra just sort of fell into a thoughtful daze. Unsure of whatever exactly they were here to witness, she did pay attention to what her friend said though. They would have to go out for drinks sometime or dinner. Ra was always hungry these days and food was consistently on her mind most of the time.

Soon enough they were ushered into a meeting hall where a person started speaking. Inviting them to enjoy their visit and contact him for business purposes. It was rather confusing to her, but she listened and then turned to Faith as she spoke.

"It sounds fishy, your majesty. Some of it I understand, but don't feel comfortable putting my, excuse me, our merchant fleet in with this Commonwealth. Now hear me out, I'm not against doing it, but I am not one to just jump in without doing some research. Allow me to investigate these people and I will get back to you."

That was her opinion right now, tomorrow that might change, but Ra would stil by her beliefs.

"I would like the opportunity to speak to Mister Dorn and just find out what all of this is about."

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Vespasian the Elder"]

Yefet Rothko

Venture Capitalist, Activist Investor, Aspiring Po
After listening to the speech from Vespasian the Elder, Yefet turned back to [member="Harley"] Fenstermacher. In answer to Harley's question, Yefet responded,

"It seems that we were just getting to know each other when you mentioned that you were a republic senator. While I do not claim to be that knowledgeable about politics, I do have my fair share of opinions about how the republic has been running things. I am afraid, with all do respect, that I do not look on the current course of governance too positively. If you want to avoid politics, though, I am more than happy to discuss business or other pleasurable pursuits."

As he finished speaking, Yefet raised his hand in single to the hovering servants, one of which who appeared immediately at his side. Yefet turned briefly to the waiter and quickly spoke his drink order, a wet, dirty martini with extra olives. Once the waiter had disappeared to fulfill the order, Yefet deftly reached out and grabbed an appetizer from another passing waiter.

With sure steps the Lord Executor moves from his podium. He nods to the people he passes, slowly moving through the hall with his well weighed, large steps. Vespasian musters the people around him. His thoughts drift into a distant place for a moment which make him smile, seriously smile, but he gets himself back into reality.

Looking at a group of women, he stops for a second and makes a very short gesture with his hand. His adjutant appears and whispers into his ear, barely noticeable.

Vespasian the Elder approaches the ladies. "Your majesty." He looks at [member="Faith Organa"] and bows, would take the hand and kisses her back. "I am honoured by your presence. The beauty of Alderaan is no match for your appearance." He puts on a slight and honest smirk.

"I welcome you here on Ord Mantell. Your beautiful companions as well." He greets each individually in the same manner as he greeted the Queen. [member="Riamah"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Vulpesen"]

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
Harley was not surprised [member="Yefet Rothko"] with opinion on the New Republic, they had not exactly been welcomed much on their arrival to the core, less so with certain interaction with the Mando empire.

"No no, be blunt all you want, I have no problems after all I just run one planet out of the many under their control, and truth be told the chancellor and his certain decisions have not sat well with me, especially all the appeasing we are doing with the Mandaloirans". An event he deeply despised considering the nations willingness to invade them back when the NR was all the way out in outerrim world Teth simply for being allied with the GA. The trying to use guilt tactics to justify their aggression due to some past skirmish they had with a few Alliance members, in short it pissed him off immeasurably.

"Yes lets avoid that subject for now, such can wait until [member="Vespasian the Elder"] get s around to talking with us, after all I did approach you for the sole purpose of business, you didn't seem like some diplomat or ambassador". "So, tell me, how has business been for you and your company? I know Coruscant is currently in a political battle between the fascist First Order Supported party and the libertarians, must make things interesting".

The approach of Vespasian was noticed by Ra and she moved just slightly to allow him an opening to join the small group around her queen. His action of kissing each of their hands she found amusing, old fashioned and quaint. Giving a slight nod when he released her hand, she pointed to herself slightly.

"I am Riamah Numare. Please, just call me Ra. Merchant for these fine folk of Alderaan. It is my pleasure to meet you."

Now it was her time to shine, even though Faith was the queen, she had hired Ra to be her merchant. This was her place, among these people and maybe the reason Faith had asked her to come along.

This was a meeting of business minded folk and Ra fit right in.

[member="Vespasian the Elder"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
"Your Lordship..." Marina returned the greeting, giving [member="Vespasian the Elder"] a slight curtsy.
He had been given her name and standing following his introduction; Marina being a daughter of one of the Alderaanian Dukes, interning under Queen [member="Faith Organa"]

His kind words were quite sincere and seemed to be speaking with conviction. Well, what was there to argue about, his compliments to both Alderaan and her queen? This brought about a genuine smile on Marina's features. She took compliments well, even if they were directed elsewhere. But she were just as proud of her queen and country as anyone who's heart stemmed from their mother earth...even if if were not really her ancestral world. But the spirit of Alderaan had indeed carried over to their new surrogate world which they called again, Alderaan. Such pride and spirit could not be daunted by darkness and destruction.
As thus, Vespasian's words did them honor and marina could respect such a man.

She always seemed to give people, any people aside from sith the benefit of the doubt. She had no preconceived notions of the lord other than how he had just presented his self. Marina would take him at face value, to have invited them in good faith... that is until he would change that perspective.

"...it's an honor to be invited to your court, and to meet your acquaintance." She then replied, not trying to make for conversations but to return the respect he had shown them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom