Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion (OOC) Break of Dawn || CIS Invasion of BotM held Rhand

Aldo Garrick Aldo Garrick

Sorry for the late response, my b on that. Busy life and such :)

So to start off with, the Storm King fires on the Bane and Sissiri at the end of my post, while it locks a tractor beam on the Gehonnim around roughly the same time. However the catch is that the Gehonnim doesn't begin to plummet until after my post after a series of events, so in the duration that the Storm King fired on your ships it wasn't really pulling at the Gehonnim so to say. And as for hitting both vessels, I'm firing an individual cannon at each ship, so there are two cannons firing, not just one.

As for the Spider cruisers, technically under site factory rules they're at the large end of what is considered a starfighter/small craft. So although in the submission they're called assault cruisers, they're really just big, big fighters under factory standards. The Storm King has a lot of point-defense weaponry, and two big round balls coming straight for it would be kind of easily shot down, especially since they're trying to latch onto the hull vs just making weaponry runs. I do acknowledge that it's kind of toeing the line of 'calling a hit,' but also in this situation I'm not sure if there is a way that the Spider cruisers could feasibly penetrate the Storm King's defenses.

Hey man, it’s all good. We all have lives outside of here and RL always comes first. If that’s the case that you weren’t pulling on Gehinnom as everyone believed the whole time then it would be a major rewrite because I believe both sides are under that impression from your posts and the space station would have already pancaked everyone’s characters long ago by actuality. Reading through your posts I can’t see how you weren’t or the intention wasn’t there to do both fighting and carrying a damaged ship 6-8 times the size of your SSD.

Spider Cruisers sure, so by that definition you are saying the bigger the ship the better? They are shielded and are nimble enough to avoid the bulk of a capital ship engaged in trying to fight everyone and swarms of fighters sent by post 1 of Aldo. Point defense isn’t extremely accurate, it’s a defense measure to keep the enemy off a vessel and these bad boys just dive in to puncture and tear.

I’m cool with them going space dust, the rest though as stated is a bit concerning. It still looks pretty meta, respectfully.

So that isn’t the case; the Storm King is tractored to the Gehonnim the entire time, but the worldship doesn’t begin descending until after the Storm King already fired, so it wasn’t pulling on the Storm King in the duration that it was firing on other ships. Furthermore, the Dreadnought is powered by an RMR-S22X Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor that is built to specifically give an extremely high output of fire. So say that the Storm King was firing as well as actively pulling the Gehonnim? It would be well able to do so without constraint (until my third post where I address my power but the actions there are not necessary, just of my own volition).

As for the Maw spider cruisers, I’m not sure where you got “point-defense is inaccurate” from but I suggest you look at the specific weapons used on a submission to judge the accuracy, not blank-all statements. The Storm King has an extreme amount of point defense weaponry that could pretty feasibly light up two small craft trying to dive and penetrate the Dreadnought’s hull.

Last edited:

So that isn’t the case; the Storm King is tractored to the Gehonnim the entire time, but the worldship doesn’t begin descending until after the Storm King already fired, so it wasn’t pulling on the Storm King in the duration that it was firing on other ships. Furthermore, the Dreadnought is powered by an RMR-S22X Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor that is built to specifically give an extremely high output of fire. So say that the Storm King was firing as well as actively pulling the Gehonnim? It would be well able to do so without constraint (until my third post where I address my power but the actions there are not necessary, just of my own volition).

As for the Maw spider cruisers, I’m not sure where you got “point-defense is inaccurate” from but I suggest you look at the specific weapons used on a submission to judge the accuracy, not blank-all statements. The Storm King has an extreme amount of point defense weaponry that could pretty feasibly light up two small craft trying to dive and penetrate the Dreadnought’s hull.

It began descending when Laertia Io Laertia Io hit it with the torpedoes and blew a chunk of it apart. I don’t see how the Storm King had any part in that, you were tractored on as you said and your posts reflect you trying to keep it from plummeting into the planet’s surface while your forces would engage. Per your own OOC posts to Tu'teggacha Tu'teggacha you mentioned it was getting dragged down as well, that would likely tug on the vessel and prevent you from taking a whole lot of aim no? It was mentioned but the way it was played on was that you had almost free reign to slow a once 80000 now 60000 meter worldcraft and engage everyone like you weren’t trying to pull an falling elephant with a rope. I got nothing against you telling a story, but hate to see one stretch so far out of reason.

Have you ever seen the movies? The shows, movies, even the novels depict point defense weaponry in action. By accuracy I’m referring to the fact that it’s going to take more than just one shot one kill. They blanket the sky in those shots trying to hit fighters in the vacuum of space which you had not even addressed were on you. Like I said I’m cool with the space dust but a passing notion of it with a hand wave was more comical than reality. I say that with respect in mind hoping you understand the qualms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom