Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On This Joyous Day... [Silver Jedi/Lev Sanctum and friends]

With a mouthful of crunchy vegetables and some meat in his fingers, Connor hadn’t eaten much before Thurion appeared beside him, one hand on his shoulder, one hand pointing out to the crowd. Squinting forward to the area of revellers where Thurion pointed, there was one who he had noticed before, and now again – but, he didn’t know why she was seemingly looking at him.

"I saw her before."

He dropped the meat and wiped his fingers on the ivory napkin beside his plate. He stood.

"Well I had hoped for a dance, I admit, with someone in particular, but somehow I don’t think that’s going to happen."

Dropping the napkin down with a hint of bitteness to his voice, again due to his mind speaking out loud, he disarmed it with a smile as he turned to Coci and gave a small nod.

"Excuse me, m’lady."

He shuffled past Thurion.

"Save my seat, I expect to be back soon. And…Con-Con?"

With a chuckle, he left the head table and sidled around the guests, moving around the room slowly and over back to the girl standing with a drink across the Hall. She clocked him approaching and he flashed a warm smile.

"Excuse me, Miss, I couldn’t help notice this is the second time you’ve caught my eye in such a large place. May I be of assistance?"

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Callista Gseran"]

The food is too good, simple as that. Coci had just taken a bit into a large leg of fowl, spoke to Connor. Con-Con? her brow arched before she giggled. Oh she was never going to let Connor forget that one.

As for the honeymoon, well she had already made her feelings known to Thurion, they are just doing their duty and celebrating with their guest before departing. What Thurion had arranged for the honeymoon she had no clue, but no doubt he would have something in mind. Or maybe neither of the two had thought on it? No...

As Coci pulled Nina closer to her, she made sure she had enough to eat and drink. However, she could only smile wider as Thurion gave her a mischievous wink and she shook her head.

"You are Eros? I shall remember that for later", she spoke softly to Thurion hoping only he would hear.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
Everyone continued to enjoy their time in the wedding as she continued watching in the shadows sitting on the chair. [member="Kei Amadis"] was dancing with a girl, she heard about her before, what was her name? Ah yes, [member="Kana Truden"]. [member="Connor Harrison"] was talking with someone and the Heavenshields were enjoying their happiest day. She slowly stood up from her chair and moved towards them. It was rude to just stay and look sad in a day like this. And she put a smile on her face, no matter how fake it looked like, she was happy for them. "I am really happy for both of you. You are a perfect match for each other." She said her piece, felt a pressure lightening up from her heart.

"I wish Master E'ron was here too, she would be very happy to see you like this." She knew that Master Heavenshields were a good friend of her Master. Take a big breath, Nima. Big breath. It was no time to be sad, not in front of the couple. She waited their response, and her eyes examining the big hall.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Thurion had barely seen [member="Nima Tann"] since the funeral of their beloved [member="Iella E'ron"]. Her appearance here today gladdened him, yet he had a nagging feeling it didn't make her any happier being here. So, when she approached the happy couple, Thurion listened to her well-wishes. Rather than offer her a verbal thank-you, he got up and stepped towards her in silence, a faint smile on his lips. Without warning or hesitation he put his arms around her nimble frame and held her in close embrace. Poor girl had been through so much lately between the Taung possession and the death of her mentor, both events no doubt leaving her in a state of emotional turmoil. He didn't need the Force to see she was hurting.

"It's okay," he told her, stroking the back of her head. "It's okay, child."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Connor Harrison"]

Fire, “only fire when it’s clear miss.” Kei joked as they danced, and he led the time in a steady movement, one two three, his feet were simple but solid, and protectively he was always concerned with his partner's timing, so he didn’t rush her or go too fast, leading by taking his cue from Kana. Sometimes he’d put in a bit of flare and move to dip her back a fraction if she went with it, or do small spin of the pair taking them around together, and leading into the next step. He wasn’t nimble or overly graceful like his Echani friend [member="Taiden Keth"], but it was in good spirits, and fun.

Offering a happy nod of his head as they passed [member="Nima Tann"], truth be told he was fond of the twi’lek, having a soft spot since their time at Tatooine, but he returned to the dance, bravado breaking for only a second.

“You’re doing great,” and to punctuate that he moved to rotate her slowly by the hand, no great spin to unbalance her, just tasteful and a touch of class, picking her up if she let him, and placing her down the other side gently, with a dip of his head to [member="Kana Truden"].

He’d noticed [member="Corvus Raaf"] was sitting alone, and although this had been fun, he didn’t want to steal her friend away and leave her alone. “A bit of fire.” Kei grinned and let go of her hand. “Thank you Master Truden.”

A weird yet barely audible clicking noise chimed up as the dance went on. Now that was a sound Kana hadn’t heard in a long time. Her leg rarely made the noise any more yet here they were in the midst of a dance. The sound passed the two of them by which in Kana’s case she blamed on her own insistence on counting down alongside the rhythm. The spins and dips felt graceful enough and deep down she knew that she was actually kind of having fun.

Smile on her lips she let the man lead her in a dance around the room. “Thank you.” She said as she was spun around in manner that would pass as graceful enough, on Kana’s behalf. “You did great too.”

Hands separated from [member="Kei Amadis"] as eyes set on [member="Corvus Raaf"]. The clicking noise called out one more time for a few people nearby to hear. Her walk turned into something considerably less graceful as she came halting over to her friend.

“Hey, Corvus.” Kana took a seat by her friend. “You sure you should be sitting all the way over here by yourself?” A look of concern shot out to her friend before quickly setting on her leg again. “I mean, that could have been you out there.”

She pulled the leg of her jumpsuit away to expose the robotic leg. A very ‘protocol droid-like’ thing. A quick dig through her pockets and the screwdriver was hard at work.

“Just sayin’.” A grin shot out at her friend before Kana's attention went back to the leg.

Corvus was pulled from her melancholy by the sound of her friend arriving. It was a sound she knew well. She shifted seats to give her friend the corner chair – to offer her a little more privacy as she knew what was coming next.

Yes..she knew it. Kana hoisted her jump-suit and exposed her artificial leg for the world to see. Corvus instinctively held out her hand, palm up, in case Kana needed to put any parts there whilst she adjusted her leg.

There was an odd symmetry between them. Both sitting there with damaged legs but the reasons on the opposite end of the spectrum.

“Don’t worry, I couldn’t hear it clicking over the sound of the music. Anyway, I thought it was a metronome. Or rather I would have done if I had heard it.” She smiled. “And you looked like you were having fun. You should head back once you’ve finished your pit-stop.” Was that jealousy in her voice? Corvus? No, definitely not. “Just because I can’t dance and don’t want to talk to people, it doesn’t mean you should have a boring time.” There is was again, subtle but unmistakeable, a hint of green in her voice.

“Did I tell you…” The words dried up. She wanted a witty line that suggested she’d done something really fun and exciting by herself, but none came to mind. “That I…checked on the Ruusan Academy the other day. Apparently we need more toilets to meet Health and Safety standards.” Way to go Corvus, her best effort to sound interesting and she failed miserably.

“Just sayin’ back at you.” And she laughed, her hands covering her flushed face. She didn’t begrudge Kana enjoying herself without her – at least not for long.

[member="Kana Truden"]

Coci stood from the table to greet Nima as she approached to wish them well. It is evident Nima still suffers from loosing her mentor, they all do but Master E'ron would not wish any of the members of the Silver Order to forget to progress and learn from all their experiences. But rather she would wish them all to celebrate this happy day. Master E'ron had wished them well on hearing the news from Thurion, the day Coci was under intense coma and she was delighted for them both. Coci had no doubt Master E'ron was watching over this celebration, after all she is a strong master and has powerful connection through the force to them all.

"Nima, thank you for your kind words. Master E'ron is here with us, she will always be with us through the force and in our hearts. She had heard the news of our engagement and was most happy and gave us her blessing. She is here don't doubt that for a moment". She placed her hand on Nima shoulder as Thurion held her.

A tap on Coci's shoulder drew her attention and she turned to see one of the serving personal who informed her that everything was in readiness for the couple to leave when they wished. Outside of the Grand Hall a vehicle stood waiting for them to use to travel to their quarters for the rest of the week. "Thank you", she said.

[member="Nima Tann"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Connor Harrison"]

Callista started ever so slightly as she sensed Connor near her shoulder suddenly. With a slight smile, she shook her head. "Sorry, I got lost in thought. Didn't mean to stare..." she replied softly, turning to gaze out over the landscape beyond the etched transparisteel of the window. Several moments of silence passed between t hem as she considered how to word her thoughts. "Have you ever... felt... out of place?" she whispered, knowing he would hear, given how close he stood.

She turned her head slightly to gaze at him in profile and sighed. "I've only been with the Levantine Sanctum a few months at most, and yet... I feel... an emptiness." She shrugged, not entirely sure that here was either time or place to discuss such things. Even now, it still left a.. void inside her. The friends and family that had been left behind. And yet, here she was, a woman not of this galaxy. Feth, out of her time. And she found herself struggling to fit in.

Of course, what members of the Levantine Sanctum Jedi she did know had done whatever they could to assist, but she wasn't entirely sure they understood. She knew she didn't. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to steal you away from the celebration.." she sighed. "I just... I had this feeling... maybe you could understand where others haven't"

The brunette wasted no time in presenting herself as a large puzzle before Connor. He leaned in, perplexed at what he thought she had said – no introduction or anything; just straight to business, whatever this business was. Connor leaned in and listened to her speak, eyes glancing around the room at the celebration still raging strong.

Levantine Sanctum? Emptiness? Connor should understand?

He hadn’t any experience with the Levantine Sanctum as a whole, and didn’t understand why the girl was telling HIM she was empty. What could he do – why did she pick him out of the crowd? Why not Thurion – he used to have ties to the Sanctum, Connor was sure he did.

With a gentle nod, Connor turned to the girl and took her gently by the arm, indicating with his free hand to move away from the dancefloor towards the back of the Hall, by the doors where it was a little quieter. Those not wanting to dance were lined across the rear of the Hall with drinks and handfuls of food, engaged in talking, laughing, catching up and having a good time.

"Forgive my being blunt…but do I know you? I have no real idea what you are telling me this for, are you in some sort of trouble?"

Connor moved them past a couple of Jedi and turned back to face the celebration.

"I mean, this is a strange place to come if you feel empty, but why do you think I can understand you?"

[member="Callista Gseran"]

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Frowning, she sighed, and wanted to kick herself. He had an excellent point, of course... and she realized then that she'd completely forgotten her manners. "I'm.... terribly sorry. I've forgotten my manners...." She turned away as her face flushed with embarrassment. It wasn't often that her abilities ran amok. Perhaps she had picked up on something that was... sensitive. "I.... don't think we've met. no..." she said softly as she sighed and absently ran a hand through her hair.

Frowning, more at her own faux pas, she looked up at him after a moment. "I'm Callista Gseran, a Healer with the Jedi of the Levantine Sanctum." She shrugged slightly, not expecting him to know of her, even though some did. "I just.... had a feeling you might understand. Perhaps I was wrong..." she said softly, feeling very awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom