Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On the topic of Canon Items.

• All canon item submissions are to be treated as replicas and can be claimed/reproduced by multiple players.
This has been added to the Factory Standardized Rules under Submission Guidelines.

The intent is to prevent someone from telling you "You can't have Boba Fett's armor cus I subbed it first, you can't have Slave I” They're all replicas and the origins can't be proven, so they're all simultaneously fake and real depending on who you talk to.

confused-gif-5.gif

I've never really complained about anything rule related on this site and I ain't going to start now.
However as one who is effected by this I'm not a fan.

Then again it's a game. So meh. I'll take my disappointed ass back to the chair.

I mean, it helps me out a bit because I'm pretty sure I snagged one of Obi-Wan's lightsabers... which someone later on added to the list of owned canon items under a name distinctly not my own.

That being said, Obi-Wan's lightsaber aint special. Boba fett's armor aint really special.

The darkstaff... that amount of power... now being replicated? Sounds like a recipe for disaster for me.

Lilla Syrin

A great leap forward often requires first taking t
What's the impact, therefore, on the 'five canon items per writer' given they're no longer precisely canon. Logic says now that you can have as many replicas as you like. Is that the case?

:confused: :huh: :unsure:

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Andorreth Vikar said:
The darkstaff...
The Darkstaff - Approved

No late. We all gonna die. Welp. Better get one while you can! I mean. When I sub mine it will be made out of alchemical beskar, pink phrik, and the sweet, sweet tears of Invasion writers everywhere.

Jk.

But seriously though. Everybody gets a darkstaff. Just do it. :D :p

I can foresee someone having all of their characters "claim" they have the same item in different shapes or forms...

However, I doubt it will be done, It just doesn't make sense with people claiming everything when its already "owned" by someone else.

Half the time, if you want something and the person isn't using it, they will give it to you because they don't want it any more. The other half is where people make gear, or items that make Canon items look like a baby's toy.

I can see why this step was taken, yet also sympathize with those who lost something that was rather unique. Items like the Millennium Falcon. Soulsaber, Dark Saber, Heart of the Guardian, or the Telos Holocron. Items that are exclusively One off Items.

Taeli Raaf said:
Was it really that time consuming or hard to keep track of who has what canon items?
[disk='spreadsheets']1nWhUEDQeNDlUYsq_9DKaHbrZpvy7oox2qtVoPzqc9E8/edit?usp=sharing[/disk]

Nah, totally not a gigantic spreadsheet with over 100 items and writers to keep track of or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom