Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omega Event Official Announcement

omegapromo1_zpsot5mrnwz.jpg

(Thanks to [member="Irajah Ven"] for the image)

Welcome to the Omega Event announcement!

This will be a board wide event beginning on the 28th of September (Australian time). It is an event which will allow you to take part in either large public threads or your own smaller threads.

By now you would have seen two new, empty forums. One will be for the IC posts, one for the OOC posts.

Story:
The One Sith is collapsing. Battered by the Galactic Alliance and riven by internal disunity, the Sith are breaking up and about to collapse entirely. One particular segment of the Sith however are not keen to just return to the shadows though.
A rogue faction of Sith on the very edges of space have started work on a weapon, the like of which has not been seen in centuries. They call this weapon Omega. With this weapon they hope to strike with deadly fury at those who dared to defy them. With this weapon they will be able to continue the fight whilst striking down their enemies one by one from the safety of the outer rim.

Timeline:
Since there’s not been a timeline update since Netherworld, the official board date is being advanced to 849ABY, that is 5 years since Netherworld. This is not a sudden jump, but an accumulation of all the time which has passed since the last event and now.
As usual this timeline is not enforced. It is merely a framework for the event stories to hang on.

Structure:
Whilst previous events have focused mainly on a few big threads I wanted to offer some diversification here. Whilst there will be 4 big threads, we will also allow members to create their own public and private threads which partake in the event and are eligible for rewards.
The four threads will be:
  1. Deadly Void – Fleeting – A Rogue Sith fleet defends the Omega weapon. Fleets from any major faction may fight each other or the Rogues. The goal is to destroy enemy ships and to move off the far side of the map to either destroy or capture the device.
  2. The Rains of Castameer – Ground Battle – In order to destroy the defences protecting the Omega, ground forces will land and engage both each other and the Rogue Sith base on the planet Castameer.
  3. Fate of the Duels – PVP Battle – This will be a pure PVP battle, no NPCs. This is set on the Omega itself as different factions battle for dominance of the device, whether to ensure or destroy it.
  4. Heart of Darkness – DM Campaign – Starting on Castameer this will be a GM’ed thread where different groups engage, defeat and struggle against different challenges before coming face to face with the ultimate enemies aboard the Omega itself.
Much more details will be found in the OOC forums along with a signup.

Rewards:
What’s an event without goodies? Well, the Omega event will have three tiers of rewards:
  • Gold – For the very best and most notable rewards. You’ll want these rewards if you can get them.
  • Silver – These are very strong rewards which can give you that special little boost.
  • Bronze – As a thank you for those taking place these will be quite common yet still useful.
I’ve renamed the rewards for the planet competition to this to make it clearer, so [member="Taeli Raaf"] will get a Silver Tier Personal Reward whilst the runners up get Bronze.

How to get these rewards?
  • Complete event objectives.
  • Defeat other writers in PVP.
  • Write an engaging story either in the official or unofficial threads.
  • Show a good attitude IC and OOC.
  • Assist staff in running the event.

The actual rewards are still being ironed out, but will include rewards which can be used for companies, individuals, major and minor factions and more.

FAQ:

This story sounds like something I’ve heard before….
The Omega story is not the height of originality I’m well aware, that is partly intentional. Too many events have had very deep, very complex stories which are great but are also hard to pick up on. This one has Sith with a giant weapon to fight.
However, a more complex and deeper story event is being planned for next year.

How long will the event go for?
It will go for as long as needed, but will most likely conclude on October 9th.

Isn’t this a Superweapon? Aren’t those banned?
They are banned for non-staff events. As usual, the superweapon will not survive intact in the hands of a major faction at the end.

Do I have to take part?
Not if you don’t want to. This event will not involve a major shakeup of the map or factions so attendance is voluntary.

I’m not part of a faction, can I still take part?
Absolutely. The unofficial threads or the PVP/GM official threads are perfect for unaffiliated folks.

How can I help staff with this event?
A signup thread will be created in the Omega OOC forum for you to do so. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

What if I want to do X in the event?
So long as it doesn’t violate the rules, go for it, but know there will be IC consequences for your actions. If in doubt PM me or another staff member!

If you have any other questions please ask, I’ll add any other questions to this list.

Valiens Nantaris said:
(Australian time)
Thread complete.

Q: Can the Commonwealth Navy appear in the fleet battle? We're minor, and we'd only have one ship in it, which is crewed by 4-6 PC characters.
Q: Can I appear in the ground battle with Commonwealth forces?
Q: What are the chances this 72 year old dude is gonna get OWNED in the PVP duels? Very likely

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Zofia Marek

Master and Commander
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
I'm only a lone privateer. Would I be better suited to the fleeting section or some other section if I wanted to use my ship?

Any other neutral, independent party that wishes to join the event but doesn't see yourself taking up arms with Jedi or Sith, we're coming and we're forming a coalition.

We've got a big @#$%ing navy

and a lot of guns.

[member="Cole Dagos"]
Not the same character, no, for the official threads. Same writer can be in as many as they wish. They are assumed to take place at nearly the same time.
For the unofficial threads you may be in as many as you like.

[member="Heim Avendahl"]
Similar, yes. Fair play and good writing will get you further than metagaming and spamming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom