Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Old Wounds | SJO Dominion of Eshan

Objective 2: Schoolyard Restoration
Allies: SJO

Even though VPN could simply buy a beleaguered accounting practice on Eshan, well, provided there actually was one on the market on the verge of liquidation, it would still need some premises to operate out of. Cheap commercial property, she thought, while combing through the listings of foreclosures and other commercial real estate listings that promised sales at a bargain, while also keeping an eye on potential accounting practices for sale on the planet that could somehow have survived the devastation brought upon by the Mandos. Once that was done, Griet took notes of the properties of interest, their asking price, their costs of upkeep and the contact information of the sellers. And she also kept an eye for offers of sharing burdens of mortgages, hoping to get a hold of the fraudulent co-signer that defrauded vulnerable people on war-torn worlds. Yet she was made to feel that the co-signer was just the tip of the iceberg.

Objective 2

Is the Mandalorian looking at him now? Ah darn, took too long to turn away. Now Ezekiel just stared into the Mandalorian's helmet visor, not really knowing if he should introduce himself or just awkwardly turn away. Then the he spoke, which would have put him at least if it wasn't for what was said. A force sensitive....mental note: Don't even think about anything that could be considered rude because a force user could be around and might not take it well.

Feeling bad for his initial reaction, the operative went to explain. "Oh, no no. I'm sorry for my....surprise, I just saw the armor and uh.." STOP, STOP, STOP. Ezekiel didn't finish his sentence because one way or another, it wouldn't sit well with the Mandalorian. Then he saw that he was trying to move the debris, which grounded the operative. Stop being a fool Ezekiel. "I believe you. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, that wasn't my intention." The operative was being sincere, trying to show the Mandalorian that he didn't judge him. He didn't even know the man, so that would be unfair.

The debris stopped moving as the Mandalorian talked about the anger that the place harbored. Ezekiel was no force user, but he could sense that his words came from a pained place. "You're probably right, but we can't help with that. However, we can help with restoring this schoolyard. The fact that you're here to do this work will be appreciated." Ezekiel moved to help with the debris, removing it so they could get this part out of the way. as the operative got to work, he turned his head slightly so that the Mandalorian could hear him. "My name is Ezekiel by the way."

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Objective: 2? Or 3?
Equipment: Durasteel Cane, Redemption, Right Arm
Wearing: (This)
Tag: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl
LFxal4M.png
Kirwin was taken aback for a second, was that supposed to be an insult? A joke? Or simply a plain observation? “Well, what do ya know?!” he chuckled at the young woman’s statement as he looked down at the object in question tapping it on the ground, “I do have a cane.” he smiled warmly to show her that he had not taken offense at her curt reply. A ripple in the Force and the look on her face showed him there was some sort of internal storm with no silver lining. He hated seeing sadness and pain that the universe brought about naturally. But where there was sadness there could also be happiness found if one looked for it.

Calling upon the Force, Kirwin attempted to create an aura of peace to try and sooth the young woman’s feelings, “And it supports me when I need help.” he paused for a second to take a calm breath, “I don’t pretend to know what is going on,” he said gesturing with his black metallic hand and cane toward the garden. “But a lot like me and my cane,” he lowered the walking aid back down until it clicked on the street surface. With a slight limp and the support of his cane he swiftly walked over to better talk to the woman. “You look like you could use some support. My name is Kirwin by the way. I am a knight of the Silver Order."

Last edited:
M E M O R I A L

Tag: Srina Talon Srina Talon | Eira Talon | Kat Decoria Kat Decoria | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Touch.

It was shortly after a frigid afternoon that the Sith Lord began to speak a new tongue. A seemingly unordinary day had turned on its head when a young woman appeared at his doorstep. The weeping heavens had soaked her to the bone. Apprehension and fatigue rolled off her in waves. When Darth Metus and Srina Talon first met, she was on the run. Fleeing her past. Fleeing her pursuers. Fleeing that which robbed her of her home. Yet, as she stated anew under his tutelage, she taught just as much as she learned. Darth Metus came to understand that contact could speak just as loud as the most boisterous speech. That a simple grazing of fingertips could convey what ten thousand voices could not.

And as the pair made their way deeper into the gardens, her response to his words rang loud and clear.

Her fingertips laced through his own as they advanced. His own grasp responded in turn, giving her lithe fingers a squeeze. Reassurance. Confidence. Foundation. These flowed betwixt the pair as a ceaseless river. Darth Metus knew what laid before them was...difficult beyond all their words. Srina herself had never been the best at conventionally conveying her emotions. That was simply not the way of the Echani people. They were as the moon - silent, serene, yet severe. And thus, even the most brutal of occurrences would be met with an even voice and a level mind. Yet this? To honor and remember those lost...here of all places?

Suffice it to say, his strength was hers to borrow.

As her voice graced his ears, it was not lost upon the Sith where he hand traveled next. That wound was fresher than the gashes ripped upon her soul. She had lost siblings. Lost bonds forged over a lifetime. But also...Darth Metus found his fingers tightening about the orchids' pot ever so slightly at the thought. At first, he said nothing as she remarked about the allies - instead choosing to "see" for himself those who were near. Indeed, it was much akin to witnessing flashes of light in one's peripheral vision. The Silver Jedi were among them. Allies of the truest caliber.

"Truly?" came his eventual response at the mention of her family. Of course the first face which came to mind was that of her mother. She was...apprehensive at the prospect of her daughter calling any man "Master." And when informed that this was a title denoting tutelage, the inquiries of strength were almost endless. Her sire, conversely, at least had a sense of humor. A bemused huff fell from the man's nostrils at the memory of their last battle of wits. The "dad" jokes ran strong between them. "So long as I'm not doing push ups again, I'd be happy to come along."

His tone suggested that he was jesting.

Though, it soon became apparent that his tone was far quieter than the other occupants of the garden. Which was a genuine surprise to the Sith Lord. The impression painted of the Echani people was quite uniform across those he knew of Eshan. His mentor, the Queen Jacobs, was vastly similar in character to his own apprentice. The Talon family as well. They were all tempered. All the epitome of the moon. Thus, his eyebrows raised considerably when he saw the alabaster woman raising her tone amidst the gardens. The fact that she was a Padawan only added to the Sith's surprise. Were not the Jedi cautioned about the end result of emotions run rampant?

Srina was exactly as he expected in her response. Winter. The words spared not the young woman's feelings whatsoever. Thus, the Sith did not take time to berate her. Rather. As she took flight from the gardens, she'd feel a weight upon her mind. A simple, meager presence bearing a simple, meager message. Be calm, lest you Fall. You have lost, but you are not alone. Go to your Masters, they will guide you.

He spoke as an ally of the truest caliber.

Of course, Darth Metus was not afforded the opportunity to linger upon this sentiment, for their journey into the garden had been interrupted. Another Echani. Another like Srina. Ah, one of her own kin. The greeting was simple - devoid of any of the conventional affections commonplace between siblings of other cultures. This was to be expected he presumed. What the Sith did not see coming was the rolling back of the woman's arm. He made no attempt to stop the assult. He had been on the receiving end of his Apprentice's blade enough times to know, without a doubt -

Srina didn't allow just anyone to strike her.

YushaBot.png

Srinaparts1234.png

I don't live in Darkness.
Darkness lives in me.

Darkmoon.png

Tag: Malok Malok - Eira Talon

A soft sense of appreciation ran through her being. It was small, slow, like the incoming tide but it remained nonetheless. Her Master had many things to do. Many students, many offspring. She enjoyed the time he could spare her, especially, since a dark sorceress loved hanging around him all the time. Literally. Her essence dripped from him like a gallon of black paint someone had thrown at a duracrete wall. Nevertheless…She was grateful for this. It was difficult every time she returned home.

It was difficult when she was away. Srina, would never forget. Anyone that had been on the battlefield that day, watched it, on the Holo-Net, or felt it from afar—Would never forget. Distance or time would not change that.

In quiet moments such as these, she allowed her mind to fall at ease. Or at least she would have, were it not for a young Padawan that felt the need to scream at the top of her lungs. It was as if someone had shattered glass in a room that was encompassed in absolute silence. Deafening. Offensive. Silver eyes followed the wailing Padawan without a shred of mercy. If she was to be a Padawan, a Jedi, there was a very load road ahead. Personal loss was of no consequence.

Duty, came first. Always.

It was the reason Srina hadn’t stopped moving since the destruction of Eshan City. She could not stop. Traveling between Confederate territory and Eshan was draining. The Halcyon Storm patrolled the area still, and yet, she found no peace of mind. Instead, she calculated the inevitability that her home would come under fire once more. She had inadvertently spurred the CIS into taking action the last time. She had not asked it. They chose. The Vicelord decided.

War arrived on the wings of a cloven-footed beast. Swift, and punishing. Could she do it again? Would either side allow it? She didn’t know.

Her lips twitched slightly when Malok Malok commented on his welcoming to her family home. Yes. They put him through his paces. The concept of Jedi and Sith, Light and Dark, was mostly myth and fairytales to her kin. There were only choices. Actions and consequences. The fact that she referred to a man as “Master” had only settled once explained. He was her teacher, her mentor. She was not his slave nor a lesser creature. “I can request that you are spared that particular isometric, though, we may need to negotiate a deal.”

Her head tilted side to side. What would her mother accept as collateral?

“Perhaps a few hundred pull-ups instead.”

He teased. She seemed serious, as always. Was she? He likely wouldn’t know for absolute certainty without reaching through their bond to check. Nevertheless, she would let it pass. Neither of her parents ever meant harm. They were simply…Parental.

Distantly, Srina noted there were others here too. Not, the allies that she had spoken of before. Mandalorians. The word came as a whisper on the wind, a sense, that was like a punch to the gut. Srina had learned on the pyre of Taanab what they were capable of. She had learned many things. Watch. Strike if—And when it was needed. Not a moment before. There was no need to waste energy when they were so fond of their toys, lizards, and tricks.

The Jedi could be far too forgiving. In some ways it came to their benefit. Others…Not so much.

“This is why younglings of Eshan should be trained here. They will be better fighters in the end. Focused. Disciplined. Mature.”

But—Perhaps not better Jedi. Srina sighed internally. It was a double-edged sword. Having spent time out in the rest of the galaxy, she knew, there was much to learn. Her experience with the Force spoke the truth of that ten times over. Regardless, they continued on their way. White flowers blessed the boughs of an old tree. It was scarred with flame, however, healing. Still strong. It was hope. From the ashes did the tree survive. From the ashes, would Eshan survive.

The hair on the back of her neck began to stand up as a sense of familiarity washed over her. A female Echani about her height, about her size, and relative shape blocked her path. She knew who it was before the greeting fell from her lips. How could she not? Srina was always ice, very much so, akin to their mother. She did not emote in a way that would denote affection, kindness, or compassion. Srina was a distant star, one that could never be touched, never held, because she was always too far away.

Her fingers left that of her Master and she moved swiftly. Eira was fast. If she had been human in the strictest sense, she had every faith that the closed fist would have connected. Srina was no more human than her sibling. Beyond that, she was faster. Blindingly so. Keen eyes took in the pull to her shoulder, the arm that pulled back, then the fist forward. She telegraphed, but, Srina was secretly pleased.

The form wasn’t bad. Feet spaced nicely. Weight evenly distributed.

Slender fingers wrapped around Eira’s wrist while her body shifted to the side. Few people typically decided it was a good idea to try and “catch a punch” without some sort of aid. Even Echani. If they failed, often, they wound up being hit full force in the face. No. A fist was not a ball that had thrown. Instead, she pulled hard, and yanked the young woman into her body with a twist. It wound up in an almost awkward embrace.

If Srina had been fighting, truly, she would have kept bending the wrist. She would have used that pressure point until the enemy begged for freedom. Or the bone broke. Either way, it would merely be vaguely uncomfortable for Eira. Her back would press against her chest whilst her dominant arm was pressed inward. “You almost made me drop my roses. Careful, sister.”

She held close for a moment before letting go. Not for anger, pain, or retribution. Just…To be close. That contact with her siblings was something she had missed. They felt like a missing piece. How she very much she treasured them.

It was a pity they would never know.

“I didn’t know you were coming, vinimo. [*little one] Metus…This is Eira. Eira, Metus.”, she introduced, just in case, they’d forgotten. “Mother told me we’d meet at home after the ceremony—”

Silver eyes narrowed for a moment while they swept over her pale-skinned copy. The dead stop in her sentence would tell both parties that there was something going on she didn’t like. Eira should not be here. Mother and Father were not present. She had come alone?

“Explain.”

YushaBot.png

These were much, much faster than expected: there was no shortage of either commercial premises on the cheap or troubled accounting practices on the cheap. However, on Eshan, the asking price of an accounting practice was based on a different income statement line item than was the case on Orto Plutonia or Karideph. Whereas Talz and Kari accounting practice valuation tended to hover around the yearly revenue, the starting point being around an entire year of revenue, Echani seemed to reflect another income statement metric: the gross profit; for them, what local firms called the "cost of goods sold" on their own financial statements were simply the salaries of accountants, assuming all other transportation, meals and other expenses incurred by accountants on engagements were variable overhead. Then again, they were simply pro-forma statements without any illusion of any GAAP compliance, but even then, Echani accounting M&A traditionally priced accounting firms at about four times their gross profit. Now that she made an appointment with the would-be co-signer, the co-signer matched the description the school administrators made of it. Assuming a fake identity, drawn among the dead staff members, she met with the potential perpetrator near the property she chose to buy.

"Dumelie, I presume?"

"That's me; I'm interested in this property" Griet told the suspect while showing the suspect the realty files of that listing.

"You seem to have a good credit record, you will co-sign this mortgage" the black-clad suspect attempted to mind-trick Griet.

"Wait a minute, I want to hire my own appraiser before I can proceed. I have my doubts over the appraiser(s) you're dealing with" Griet made an effort to resist the mind trick. "Then again, who are the appraisers you usually use?"

"You're a much more thoughtful buyer than the previous people that I co-signed the mortgages for: here, have a look at these appraisers"

Mo5VCS4.png

UoQqRnS.png

For some time, Khonsu believed that his invitation was rebuffed. The shadow of doubt found itself creeping into his thoughts as the silence built. He couldn’t blame them, however. His Organization was often contractually associated with the Sith Empire - who recently reignited hostilities with the Silver Jedi. Why would they seek to treat with warriors that fought them at every turn? If he was in their shoes, the Thyrsian would’ve blockaded the system and watched as they slowly tore themselves apart.

Yet, it seemed that such a future wouldn’t come to pass.

Instead, the Silver Jedi sent word that a diplomat would be arriving to negotiate the various matters of state. That was good. His mind was partially put at ease with such news. At least they were willing to talk. In the end, that’s all he could’ve really asked for. While Khonsu’s forces were considerable, Thyrsus and her people could ill afford another war so soon after the Crusade liberated their world. Thus, staging an armed conflict that’d inevitably lead towards his people’s demise would’ve been a foolish endeavour.

Sure, the armed forces of the Silver Jedi would’ve been broken - but at what cost? Everything his Organization suffered through would’ve crumbled before his very eyes. The warbands he spent years bringing into compliance would’ve been bought off, or sought to lay claim to the ancient title that he held. Petty warlords, fighting for scraps, whilst the Stellar Kingdom they built together crumbled into ashes.

It grated his nerves raw to think of what failure would bring. There was still hope that his people would be left in peace, however. Granted, the man assumed there would be varied demands made to ensure that eventuality - but all they would do would give his people time to recollect themselves and seethe. They would play nice with the other planets within the Six Sisters - but Eshan would be forever deprived of Thyrsus’ riches. He wouldn’t allow it.

The Confederacy was barred from entering the system, finding their route at every turn met with multiple warships, each with their weapons primed. The Guerdon herself was often a part of these sorties - which after the Battle of Nyeon - earned itself quite the reputation. A single battlecruiser took on over one-hundred and fifty ships… and won. What hope could these Purplebellies have against such might? Instead, they complied with the Thyrsian’s wishes and left - seeking friendlier ports of call in the heavens above Eshan.

And thus, when the Diplomat’s shuttle finally arrived, Khonsu met them in the portside hangar bay. He watched impassively as the jets of hydraulic steam bathed the polished surface of the flight deck before the passenger ramp deployed - kissing the surface with a subtle twang. The man didn’t know who they were sending, nor did he really care. All that mattered was that they held some influence within the Silver Jedi - and could do more than offer false promises and pretty words.

When the woman revealed herself, stepping out of the shuttle and fully disembarking, Khonsu slammed his spear into the flight deck. It was nothing more than an act - to see if the woman was nervous. In addition to his spear, the Thyrsian Warlord tapped the side of his helmet and released the atmospheric seals keeping it in place.

She would be the first person outside of the Golden Company, and the Hierarchy thereafter, who would’ve seen his face in years.

With the magnetic seals losing their traction, Khonsu gingerly placed the crested battle-helm atop the rounded end of his impaled spear. His gilded armour purred as the Warlord strode forth to meet his guest. The man wore a gentle smile, which seemed uncharacteristic on a face that often laughed in the face of death. His eyes were bright, despite their natural golden-brown hue - speaking to the vitality of a warrior that flowed easily through his veins. Behind his towering armoured frame, trailed a cloak of spun amethyst-hued fabric that was magnetically affixed to his armour by a pair of Crimson Suns.

“I welcome you, Ambassador,” Khonsu boomed, as his powered armour carried him ever closer. “Both to the mighty Guerdon, and to Thyrsian Space thereafter. I am Supreme Sun Guardian Khonsu Amon, and Master of the Sun Guard.”

“I hope your journey was short and… informative.”

2XmGUvB.png

Last edited:

Eira Talon

E
Eira dropped her duffel as she moved, the bag slipping from her fingers as Srina's adjustments jerked her forward. A step forward was taken to catch herself, her now empty hand flickering up to... grasp at the empty air before her. Her sister had ever so deftly twisted her into a submissive hold, a fact which generated frustrated tension through her body.

And she had been training ever so hard.

Her freehand curled into a fist, one finger tucking in after another in an intentional waterfall of movement. She wanted to keep fighting, she craved it, but now was not the time.

She felt her sister linger behind her, her breath even while Eira herself panted. She was worked up without meaning to be. Her heart raced rapidly from adrenaline, yet she forced herself to breathe in and out, relaxing into Srina's hold in unspoken submission. "Roses are boring anyway."

Blood rushed back into her shoulder as Srina released her. The girl turned, forced to step over the duffel bag that had fallen at their feet. Metus was given no acknowledgment, not out of rudeness but because the questions already started to build behind Srina's eyes as she went to speak out about her confusion.

But of course the woman caught on immediately. Eira raised her chin to her sister's singular demand.

"Explain."

A lump in her throat bobbed, the girl struck quiet. It would not be a shock, the flaring of her nostrils would indicate her usual unwillingness to speak up. This was important to her, and words always failed her when it mattered. How could she make her estranged sister understand? Her expression contorted for a moment, her desperate frustration slipping out. But it was gone in a flash, the girl stating with cool confidence,

"I'm coming with you."

An inadequate explanation, but her eyes burned with an impassioned need. She would not take a no. This world had her coiled, tense, suffocating. There was nothing left for her here. Her pained practically vibrated inside of her, screaming for a way past her stony exterior. It slipped past the cracks of her control, showing in the whites of her knuckles and the tendons of her neck.

Her body spoke of what she couldn't say, but that wouldn't be enough for Srina. Eira knew that. She opened up her palm, a sudden jolt of the force ripping the pot from Srina's grip. "I need to train."

That would be new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calling upon the Force, Kirwin attempted to create an aura of peace to try and sooth the young woman’s feelings, “And it supports me when I need help.” he paused for a second to take a calm breath, “I don’t pretend to know what is going on,” he said gesturing with his black metallic hand and cane toward the garden. “But a lot like me and my cane,” he lowered the walking aid back down until it clicked on the street surface. With a slight limp and the support of his cane he swiftly walked over to better talk to the woman. “You look like you could use some support. My name is Kirwin by the way. I am a knight of the Silver Order."

Kyra's shoulder's slumped as the man called upon a wave of peace. Kat's anger burned bright in her might, even as the distance between them grew thinner, but his aura of calm stood much closer to her. It buffered against the turmoil with more ease than was right. Did this girl guard her mind?

Not at all.

A sense of exhaustion washed through her. She kicked at the ground, glancing backwards towards the direction Kat Decoria Kat Decoria ran. "... I don't need the support, she does," Kyra grumbled. The man had introduced himself. Kyra did not grant the same manners by naming herself back. Her attention remained half caught up by the grief echoing in the distance. It was strange. Kat was so far, Kyra shouldn't be able to feel her at all.

Yet she did.

...Another bond? No, not possible. This is nothing like JJ. Besides, her brows furrowed. I've never entered Kat's mind before.

"She's in pain," Kyra croaked, her voice thick with regret. For a moment she dwelled in it, her expression twisting as she worked through the muck of It all. Then an idea hit her, her expression lighting with hope.

"Can you speak with her?" The solution to it all! She was sure she wasn't suited to it herself.

Kirwin Hass Kirwin Hass

Last edited:
Objective: 3
Peeps: No one :(

Kat cried, she figured it would be raining as she sat here in her old home and feeling sorry for herself. She had never felt more alone as she did in this moment, no one was around to support her. Offer guidance in this very dark, down moment, she felt broken feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders the problems that she had to deal with every day with her mother and having to care about her niece and sister. Her sister was older but Kat was taking charge in more areas and wasn't living a normal life. Being a Jedi was tough on her as well, Kat trained as often as she could and she was still struggling with the Force from time to time.

She sat for a long time, in this ruined house on her own. Breathing heavily as Kat tried to focus, try to understand her grief. However, Kat couldn't think past the sense of abandonment and how unfair everything was for her. Kat slammed her fist against the wall, "Why! Why did you have to die?! Why didn't stay with me, with mother!" Kat cried out and blasted things with the Force as she growled with anger still deep inside her. "I need you now and you are gone!" Kat slammed more furniture as she hate burning inside her, she just wanted them back.

"It seems that government grants are given in priority to infrastructure used in the provision of essential services, but did you co-sign a mortgage on a school at some point?" Griet asked.

"On that count, it's entirely possible that someone else I know could have co-signed a mortgage for a local school, but I never thought of doing that personally"

Upon examining the list of appraisers used by the suspect, Griet realized these appraisers appeared on several of the paperwork used to apply for the victims' mortgages, so she had good reasons to suspect that person to be part of the mortgage fraud ring. As for the government grants for reconstruction of essential services infrastructure, priority went to the areas of greater need, so the government provided less and less money to rebuild schools in more affluent areas. Yet, Griet could sense that person was in denial about co-signing the mortgage on the school in question. Then, sensing the anger rising in the dark-sider facing her, tempted to throw a bolt of Force-lightning Griet's way, the accountant tried to overload the person's neural network in an attempt to remove the anger required to even get the bolt out. It was then that the suspect lost control of its body and froze in place, as if afflicted by a seizure. Unable to move, the suspect lost consciousness as well, but was still alive: Griet needed to keep the suspect under custody for a bit before reading the suspect's rights.

"You're under arrest for mortgage fraud! If you don't have a lawyer, the courts will provide you for one. You have the right to remain silent and anything you may say could be held against you"

Equipment: Durasteel Cane, Redemption, Right Arm
Wearing: (This)
Tag: Kyra Perl Kyra Perl
LFxal4M.png
The young woman was definitely worried about someone, the way she looked back at the Garden it was someone close to her. “By ‘she’ I assume you are speaking about the person who was yelling earlier?” Kirwin asked inquisitively, the fact that she hadn’t even mentioned her name didn’t cross his mind. He absentmindedly tapped his cane on the ground, “I felt an angered presence leave the area. If this was your friend would you know where she might have gone?” he continued, his blue and [cybernetic] violet eyes examining the face of the female standing before him. The hope in her eyes reminded him of another girl he had regrettably refused to help not too long ago.

“If you show me the way I will help you,” he concluded lessening the aura of peace around them ever so slightly. He was thankful he had been able to calm the young woman's emotional suffering somewhat. "And don't worry about walking slowly on my account. I may have a cane, but it doesn't slow me down. And your friend needs you."

MetusTop.png

M E M O R I A L

Tag: Srina Talon Srina Talon + Eira Talon

Perhaps a few hundred pull-ups instead.

Whether it was due to the river which freely ran between Master and Apprentice, or whether it was simply due to time and proximity, the Sith Lord would never know. However, hearing his alabaster charge utter her response made him realize just how much they had changed one another. Though she spoke with the same even tone as always, he just knew that was his own snark that she had picked up over the years. She hadn't picked up his vulgarities, nor his swiftness to anger. But, compared to the day she entered his life? There was certainly a nugget of Darth Metus within the Echani.

"Only a few hundred? How merciful your parents are." came his response. For but a moment, his fingers gave hers the slightest squeeze - once more denoting his jest. As the moment passed, the Sith set his gaze forward once again. Her words regarding the future generations of Eshan made him think of an old wound once carried by his former people. The Jedi could be far too forgiving, yes. But in their own way, they could be more brutal than even a Dark Lord of the Sith.

When Darth Metus was a far younger man...when he yet clung to his Mandalorian heritage with pride...a conflict had broken out between the Clans and the former Republic. During that strife, a vessel containing Mandalorian civilians had been vented by the Jedi. Hundreds of innocent souls wailed at once before being jettisoned into the abyss of space. For quite some time following, the last moments of the innocent was played within the helm of every Mandalorian warrior. They listened to the final moments of their people. They renewed their rage and sorrow with every battle. And ripped asunder the Republic in the end.

Yes. The younglngs of Eshan should be trained within the recovering capital. Darth Metus couldn't agree more. The death. The anguish. Those things should never be forgotten - for the strength to rip through all opposition could be found there. The Sith did not remark on his thoughts, however, choosing to nod along as she spoke instead. It was not until the interruption by Srina's younger doppelganger that Darth Metus spoke again. When the initial punch was thrown, he did not react in the slightest to defend his apprentice. He had been on the receiving end of her martial prowess enough to know, she would only ever allow herself to be touched if she wanted.

And this was not one such moment.

In but the blink of an eye, the younger sibling's offense was turned against her. Srina assumed dominance over the young woman's arm and that, as they say, was that. "A pleasure, Eira." he said simply, raising his chin in greeting as Srina re-introduced him. It was not lost upon Darth Metus that there was a duffle bag at the young woman's feet. And as she spoke, the reason became quite apparent. The Force shrieked from within her, yanking the pot out from Srina's grasp.

Darth Metus only took meager action - halting the pot from proceeding too far too quickly. His whim saw the roses saved from a premature mess on the ground. Suspension in the air was their home for the time being whilst his eyebrow raised. Was he surprised to see another Talon blessed with the Force? Not in the slightest. For as long as the Sith had been Srina's mentor, her kin had demonstrated a pronounced giftedness in the Force. From Elessar - the former head of the Confederacy's Knights Obsidian - to Tellu, a notable figure in the Eshan refugee crisis. Each Talon he had encountered was capable and blessed in the Force.

Eira was no different.

His shoulders raised and lowered in a shrug. "The Well has plenty of room." he remarked. Though obvious, his words were meant to convey a simple fact. If Srina wished to allow her sibling to come along, she would have her Master's full support. So it was with any decision she made. Always.
YushaBot.png

AlkorTop.jpg
M E M O R I A L

One of the many lives Alkor left behind had ended here.

Since Corellia, he had been so many things. Before Eshan, they called him family. There were things that a family did, the Jen'jidai was told, that others within the fold could forgive, or even bite back their disgust to show support. If the Mandalorians of that bygone Empire believed their actions among those things, Alkor could never call himself family to them.

He left Mandalore behind, cast aside his armor, and returned to the only path he had ever known as constant. At Eshan, Alkor found one of the few men who has ever truly called him Brother once more. Metus did not care that Alkor chose to go back, or to fight for Mandalore. He did not care that Alkor acted as Warmaster to a wayward Mand'alor. The only words he gave the Dark Jedi were "Welcome Home."

But what he left behind at Eshan, Alkor refused to forget. There were some evils, some horrible sins that a man committed that he had to own up to. Honor mandated that he pay tribute to the man he murdered, because both of them had decided that they were right.

The line in the sand was painted in blood.

Alkor wore the sword on his back as he approached the sundered battleground, twisted, upheaved earth marking the spot where Rhaegar fell. To the Confederacy, he had been a terrorist.

To Alkor, he had been a Clan Brother.

He remembered the last words they shared, bloodied, broken, breathless. Alkor railed against his one time friend and smote his ruin in the streets as Eshan collapsed around them. Knelt next to the blackened earth, Alkor thrust the blade into it deep.

He closed his eyes and bowed his head.

"May the Force set you free," he muttered.

Alkor had never been sentimental, but this was where it all started. This was where he'd met her, and where his life as a Knight Obsidian began.

He left it the same way he found it.

Silently.

blackw.png

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Ezekiel Breaker Ezekiel Breaker

Mig looked at the operative, chuckling a little. He shook his head, looking at him. "Don't worry. I'd be surprised too. I'm not thin skinned either." He then listened as the man explained that they couldn't fix the anger in this place, but that his help with the schoolyard would be appreciated. Mig smiled under his helmet, nodding before the operative shared his name. Ezekiel. Mig looked at him, speaking up. "Mig. Nice to meet you and have some help, though I have to say I think we could help with the anger here. Well... maybe not me."

Objective: BYOO
Tagging: LT-137 LT-137

The shuttle that brought her to the grand ship offered to her was rather comfortable. At least, compared to other shuttles she had been on previously. Once she was landed, she stood up and prepared herself to meet with those she knew were warriors. This itself wasn't a bad thing, but Jairdain was not a physical warrior. She still had her lightsaber clipped to her belt though and hopefully, that would be enough to indicate she wasn't helpless. Her skills rested in other areas. Diplomacy was just war with words and that might not be something many thought of.

As the Jedi exited the shuttle and set her feet on the floor of the hanger, she walked with confidence. Through the Force, she could see what was around her and the path in front of her was clear. There was the sound of a spear hitting the deck, but she did not flinch. Not sensing any animosity from these people, she was not scared of meeting them.

Hearing the sound of a helmet being removed, she turned her attention that direction and returned the smile she was given. Having been physically blind most of her life, Jairdain did not know how to easily hide what she felt. On her face, was that smile. In her eyes, one could see her confidence, desire and just how friendly she really was. Life could also be seen and she almost appeared to glow with health. There was a reason for that glow, but it wouldn't be noticeable yet. In a few months, it would be.

He welcomed her as he moved closer and introduced himself. Giving him a bow full of respect, she stood up straight and would have met his eyes if she could have. Unfocused, but clear, light, yellow eyes seemed to look at his. Her veil covered her hair and went down her back. It was a solid blue but had some silver trim going around the edge. Her shirt and skirt matched. Along the hems of each item, was the same silver trim.

"I am Master Jairdain Ismet. Thank you for extending this invitation and providing the information I requested. It is my pleasure to meet you, Supreme Sun Guardian. My journey was exceptionally smooth."

That smile remained in place and her tone included it. Nothing in her voice, stance or any other part of her body language indicated anything but what she said.

“If you show me the way I will help you,” he concluded lessening the aura of peace around them ever so slightly. He was thankful he had been able to calm the young woman's emotional suffering somewhat. "And don't worry about walking slowly on my account. I may have a cane, but it doesn't slow me down. And your friend needs you."

Kyra shied a step back, pulling a face. "You're the knight. Shouldn't you be able to find her yourself?" She had zero interest in approaching an upset Kat, despite her friend's evident need for her. Kyra was all for the happy cheerful vibes in life, but the moment things got rough she was as sparse as the wind. It wasn't that she didn't care, she simply couldn't cope with the overload of pain that wasn't hers.

That much would be apparent to anyone that knew her well, the girl visibly pale and balmy as she squirmed in place.

"I dunno," she lied. "Where she is." Kat's anger towards her was still fresh in her mind. Where it would have been fair of Kyra to try and look past herself for her friend's needs, she was now unwilling to try at all.

Harsh words never brought Kyra around. She was far too soft for that. She blinked back a stinging tear from her eye, Kat's words replaying in her mind.

"And she doesn't want me there. So. Immaworkontherubble," she dismissed, turning from the man all together and looking towards the the two children helping move rock.

Kirwin Hass Kirwin Hass

"Kat."

A calm voice sounded from behind her as the Jedi Master unveiled himself from within the White Current, placing a hand on her shoulder. He'd used the technique in order to get here unimpeded.

Eshan. The planet that his mother had been born on, home to the culture that she had loved. It was an ancestral home to him, and it was... It was...

This was his first time ever actually stepping on Eshan. To see it reduced to this after what the Mandalorians did, the pain was... He didn't know how to describe it. It was a pain he did not hide even when he was informed of the incident that had befallen his Padawan and others, and had made his way after her. Hers was not a hard trail to catch. It was fraught with emotions, a storm, a fury...

His hand was shaky on her shoulder and his grip a little tighter than it would usually be. It was clear he was keeping himself in check in order to make Kat a priority, but he didn't hide very well that he was incredibly shaken himself seeing his ancestral home for the first time, only for it to be in ruins, destroyed, its people massacred... While he had known about it for some time... To actually see it? He couldn't describe what he was feeling in these moments.

Still he spoke with as much calmness to his tone as he could. A little shakily in his voice, but he soldiered on. Kat was more important.

"I wish I had the words or the capability to take this pain away. I wish I could erase all that happened. I cannot do either of these things. But you are not alone... And I will not leave you unless you bade me to do so" He spoke, his voice softening as he went. It was melancholy, barely hiding his own pain but retaining its gentleness in some attempt to bring her some level of comfort. "If you need to talk, if you need support... You will always have myself and others."

It wasn't the most original or riveting speech, but he put his heart into it. His Padawans, Kat included, were akin to his own kids and he would do everything he could if they needed it. And in this case, Kat seemed like she needed it.

He decided not to call her out for what she had said to the others, at present. That didn't seem relevant right now. What mattered was her and her feelings, with her being here on Eshan. Everything else could come later.

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria - Kyra Perl Kyra Perl - Srina Talon Srina Talon

Out of nowhere her Master appeared, a man she hadn't seen in a long time and Kat just stared at him dumbfounded. Was this really all that he had to offer her, Kat was at rock bottom, her emotions felt so raw. She pulled away from Josh and stood, facing him, tears still streaming down her face as she glared at her Master. "Decided to turn up now huh?!" Kat spat at her Master with disappointment bitter in her voice, where had he been earlier, why wasn't he with her from the start. It was too late now and it was unfair of her to be like this with her Master but Kat wanted to be unfair now, she wanted to be rude and angry. It was only fair for her.

"Why should I believe you? What others want to be there for me? Kyra? She had her chance to support me and ran away! Everyone else told me I should be calm, reserve like a real Echani, like a real Jedi! But I lost everyone!" Kat cried out, "my mother is gone, my sister is constantly jumping into projects and having a child. There is no one taking care of me, no one supporting me! I'm all alone!" Kat shouted, crying hard as she clenched her fists tight as she stared at this Master.

He didn't understand all this talk of "where was he" and all that. Whenever she had needed him, needed training or instruction, needed him to take her to the caves to get her lightsaber, he had been there. If she had needed further help, all she had to do was go to him and he would have been there. He had made that clear from the beginning, but... Perhaps he hadn't made it clear enough.

Either way, he understood that she was upset. It sounded as though things hadn't been handled right in her situation. He didn't hold it against her for lashing out at him, and so he simply stood there, letting her air it out. He let her cry, let her shout and scream. He wanted to reach out. He wanted to hug her tight and tell her it would be okay. But he didn't know if it would only make it worse.

"Who said a real Jedi has no right to feel emotions?" He inquired softly as he, albeit a bit hesitantly, tried again to reach out. Just a little, with due caution. "I've only ever told you to be in control of your emotions, not to always suppress them. We are human beings, we are people... It's okay to feel. It's okay to feel hurt when things get tough. And it's okay to cry when it gets to be too much. But you are not alone. I know it seems like that right now... But even if not everyone is the best at showing it, you will always have family and companions here."

He took a deep breath, steadying himself. He supposed it was never too early to make things clear. "I'm always here. If you ever have need of me, you need only ask. I've always been at your side. And always will be. Most importantly... I'm here now. And I'll stay as long as it takes to help get you through this if you will have me."

Kat Decoria Kat Decoria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom