Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Octarchy Rising (Neutral/Good free to join)

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
Ecthelion was sipping from his glass of fine, dry white again when he spotted the host turning towards his direction. He was talking to the armoured one and through the room one could feel some tension in the air. Not surprisingly. As far as Ecthelion could tell, people in that armour were everything, but not house-trained.

The Miraluka approached the table and couple of seats where the Zakuulan was sitting and lowered himself onto the one next to the Exarch. He was watching the Force-sensitive during his movements and was still mustering him when he started to speak. He had no issue with looking at the Miraluka´s face and keeping 'eye' contact.

Aiglos was slightly surprised upon the wording of his conversation partners statements. He assumed that one wearing armour is as old as the armour. Strangely enough, he could now put the feeling he had earlier in words as the man confirmed it. Apparently this one was very old as well and fought in the same wars as Ecthelion.

"My name is Ecthelion Aiglos and I do not hold any ranks or titles of value anymore as the Eternal Empire is long gone." He couldn´t prevent to give the last part of his sentence a slightly sad tone.

Equally assuming an equal age, the Zakuulan continued: "You were part of the ancient Republic and fighting against our conquest? If so, I hold no grudge or hostility anymore nor believe anyone still would. I doubt we have crossed paths in the days of old though. There were many theatres and the Galaxy is wide."

After drinking the last bit of wine, he calmly put his glass on the table next to their seats. "I accidently stumbled on the news concerning this open invitation and was intrigued by the very wording you put into the Octarchy Covenant´s description and announcement. It is a long time since I entered society for the benefit of community or dedication, therefore my presence is an absolutely investigative and curious one."

[member="Voph"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Shoden Moz"] | [member="Tin'tinag"] | [member="Stardust Australis Skirae"] | [member="Jairdain"]

"Hey, that word I am not. That would be slander at the worst, and at the best ignorance, if you're trying to upset me you need to at least be somewhat truthful my man. It only hurts when you do it right. And as to what purpose it would serve," He grinned. "Confidence. We've made enemies who will pull no punches, where a police officer might have to fight a sith lord long enough to give me time to give back up. Or any number of specialized forces. I don't just want to test that you're all up to standard, simulations might not be worth much but they are worth that. I want to make sure that your best, that they're damn well prepared to be the ones backing up the officers. There's nothing about ego here, only that concern for my people. Commenor and its moons are my home, if your best aren't able to handle me, I'm going to have to find someone who can. Lest you be the cause for another Munto City." And there it was. The root cause. He wanted to be sure [member="Voph"] wasn't going to create a disaster like Munto, because his best wouldn't be able to handle it.

An insinuation he doubted they were... anything worth the paper they wrote contracts with.

Whether he'd take it to heart or not, he left with the assurance that his people would get in contact with Darlyn's people. Probably. Did Darlyn have people? He shrugged and went to follow [member="Lady Kay"] after the little group dispersed. Tea was something they both enjoyed, and finally there was a chance for them all to talk. Besides, it was that or talk to Shoden, and outside of work they didn't have much to do here. HE could easily keep track of her with the Force, and she was pretty capable herself. Seemed he was one of the few with confidence in her...

He walked up behind his friend, and placed a metal covered hand on her shoulder. "Oh Kay, not even a comment to seeing your niece's clan markings? I was hoping I'd get to tell you all about the mess she got me into."

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
"I've simply got duties here as with Juniper. I intend to visit each land, when opportunity arises. A part of my duties as Lady of Nordel is to maintain our relationship after all. Assuming Dad doesn't ruin it somehow." She smiled and slowly got up from on the ground, dusting off her dress. [member="Marcus Ismet-Ku"] was a rather delightful looking young lad, she looked forward to seeing how her youngest cousin would be when he grew up himself. Now then, there was something else on her mind, as she spoke to [member="Jairdain"] directly. "I've spent long enough around people to know when they're playing a part. You seem, genuinely delighted when I'm around. Forgive me if it's a bit forward, but why is that? I didn't expect anyone besides Dad to think I was capable of taking on my role."

Glancing at Darlyn through the Force when he was mentioned, she turned her attention back to Shoden as she stood up to talk to her. Nodding when she said she planned to visit every country when the chance came up, she would be welcome at Juniper any time.

Giving Shoden a smile at her apt observation of her, she paused a moment before answering.

"It is rather simple, Miss Moz. There aren't enough young women that are given any form of power or ability. I feel there should be more given to those that can handle the responsibility and so far you have proved able to do that. So any time I see you, I am happy and proud of our gender and for you."

There was no acting or playing the part with Jairdain. She rarely hid what she felt or kept quiet about something on her mind. There were diplomatic ways of saying and doing things she tried to use. Being honest and open with Shoden she felt was the best option.

[member="Shoden Moz"]

Voph held up a finger in response to the man. "Empire, not Republic. I was, however, not as fanatical about our glorious little cesspool as some of my peers, though." He gestured to the gathering around them. "As I think you can see. But yes, the Covenant." He turned and signaled one of the wait staff for a drink before turning back to the Zakuulan. "It was founded in response to your invasion, actually. Well, the first one was. With all possible respect, Emperor Arcann crippled the rest of the galaxy with his demands for tributes and resources. It was in everyone's best interests that something like that never be allowed to happen again."

Voph took the drink he was offered by the waiter, and nodded his thanks before taking a sip. "These days...Much different story. Economy's strong, resources abundant...it's the politics that's at a premium." He turned his gaze towards [member="Ecthelion Aiglos"] as he continued. "Between the Sith and the First Order, they control damn near the whole galaxy. Everyone else...Small fry in comparison. It's only a matter of time before the Empire tires of the amusement of the smaller nations. It happened before, it'll happen again. Hence my re-initiation of the Covenant. The scales are skewed, and balance has become a thing of the past. I am not fool enough to believe peace shall ever exist. But balance...Forces of balance shall always be present. And I intend to see the galaxy restored to balance before this Covenant is dissolved."

His Chrono chimed. It was time. Voph stood and said, "If you will excuse me, Exarch, It is nearing time for my address." Voph offered the man a bow, and turned to move towards the stage. He wasn't much of a speaker, but he was going to certainly say a few words in honor of his new flagship, and the herculean effort he was undertaking...

@Jairdain @Shoden Moz [member="Darlyn Excron"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Warmaster Nyâsh

W
Aiglos knits his brows slightly, but noticeable. He didn´t expected this one to be a Sith. The Zakuulan had prejudice, yes, and kept it, because he believed it was right and true, but it was very unlikely to him that Sith would decide to go such a path, leading to this invitation and formation of an organisation with this goals.

"We took the Galaxy and we held it. It was when your little hero slept through the Prince´s and his sisters fingers that he lost sanity in his rule. Better a crippled galaxy, but mostly without war, than what you and your Empire had brought before, for decades. Our campaign was just the final blow which neither the pathetic Republic nor the lunatic Sith were able to deal."

Ecthelion was not very skilled on the political stage and even less in diplomacy. Furthermore it has been ages since someone talked with him about this very topic. It was now that his entire education, training and faith was coming up again and making him equally daring and proud.

"Stability is the preferred goal and neither Dark- nor Lightsiders should be in control. But someone must assume control. It is a shame that the little assassin of yours managed to lose our mighty fleet. Otherwise there would still be hope for a reestablishment of a supreme galactic power which has the power to enforce justice for the sake of stability. Just like we did."

Suddenly his host stood up after his watch ringed and excused himself. Ecthelion was slightly heated due to his emotions for this topic, but managed to stand up and return the courtesy of a slight bow.

He was then turning towards another glass of dry white, to cool himself a bit and to have something to drink while expecting the address of [member="Voph"] .

[member="Jairdain"] | [member="Shoden Moz"] | [member="Darlyn Excron"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had found her tea. The smell had called to her like a beacon. Of course [member="Voph"] knew to have some prepared. And Sapir too! Smart man.

She picked up the cup mere moments after it was poured and had a sip. Ahhh. That was better. It was a tad on the weak side, but not everyone knew how to prepare it was perfectly as she did.

The gloved hand of [member="Darlyn Excron"] land on her shoulder stole her from her thoughts. She raised a brow and studied the decals, not entirely sure if she had seen them before. "Those are Yasha's markings? Are you sure? She had Clan Mantis markings before. Those don't look the same..."

"Clan Cadera now. But yes it is her markings. Guess someone's been a bit out of the loop." He chuckled a bit and got himself a glass of still freshly made tea as well. "She had also suggested your markings, seeing as we're essentially family, but when she also offered her own I really couldn't resist. You know? Mand'alor offers to essentially adopt you, you take it." He took a sip and almost coughed, he was spoiled having learned tea making from Kay. The surprising weakness of the tea was, almost a shock. He held it in though and kept a smile. "Guess I should probably start calling you sister then, eh Kay?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay just had to laugh. Oh yes, she had been out if the loop alright. Whether that was on purpose or not, she didn't know.

She raised a brow as [member="Darlyn Excron"] mentioned her markings being suggested. "Clan Raxis, you mean?" How long had it been since she had seen any of them? Ages.

She sipped her tea, glad for it's warmth. At least it didn't burn her tongue. "Oh Darlyn, you've been like a brother to me for the longest time. Why else do you think that I got the kids to call you Uncle? It wasn't due to markings being put on armour, you know."

"Yeah Raxis. Fit with the Commenor flag but, I just wanted to go straight for the top, ya dig?" He smiled a bit at her further comments about him being like a brother to her already without clan markings or anything of the like. "Well they could've just been doing that out of familiarity. Easier to call a family friend uncle or aunt than many other things. Easier to understand. Still it's nice to know the reality was how you felt, considering I shared sentiments." How he wasn't cracking the glass with his gauntlets was astounding honestly. Real force of will not to do anything too sharply.

"Still amuses me that there were plenty of people for a long, long time who thought we were an item. All because I was head of security and followed you often as possible."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

"I've always felt that way. Your actions on Bespin proved to me what kind of character you had within you. We've all got our quirks and misgivings. But I've never doubted your friendship." Veiere didn't exactly trust the...sometimes bizarre tactics that [member="Darlyn Excron"] had used. (Like the thousands of doves!) But Kay understood them for what they were. Acts of genius.

Again she sipped her tea. Perhaps at the wrong time as Darlyn just HAD to make a comment about people thinking that the two of them were a couple. "Really?? You and me?
Do they think that I fall for everyone watches over me?"
Well, Veiere was one of them. And she married him. Then there was [member="Macoda Haberon"] . It wasn't until after he had disappeared again that she had realized that he had fallen for her. Perhaps that was why he had left. To make things less complicated. He'd of HATED Commenor being under Sith rule for a time. So his departure was a good thing. It could have saved his life.

If Kay ever told him his antics were acts of genius, he'd probably find that to be the best of jokes, and disappointed he didn't come up with it. Of course, that aside, it at least warmed his heart a bit to think Kay saw something from day one. Naive as she was, and as, unlucky as she was, at least she was optimistic. He still thought she was wrong, but hadn't yet found proof. So he wouldn't deny it, yet.

Then the question of why they always thought that, he chuckled a bit. "You want the real reasons or the fun ones? Well for the former, You rarely have faceless, helmeted, or uniform types of bodyguards. Always someone distinct and individual. You do spend a lot of time with them, naturally, and they go everywhere with you, naturally. The fun reason is everyone wants the world to be some cheesy romance novel of some sort. Complete with one liners, forbidden love, and other bits individual to the fantasy." He smirked a bit, and sipped calmly while he let Kay digest every bit of his joking and honest explanations.

"I suppose if someone really wanted to stretch, there is Shoden as well. Some story about a forbidden child left to an orphanage, who grows up only to be adopted by her unknowing father. Actually that's a really good idea for a book, does that exist already?"

Shoden Moz

Lady Mischief of Nordel
"I was handed a country eager to prove itself by my Father, who was the intended recipient. Truth be told, I feel aside from you there is little to suggest anyone has confidence in me within the House. Trust in Father perhaps. Still it's, nice to know you have faith. It means a lot." She smiled, and glanced around to see everyone so separated. "It probably helps some to accept it as I have advisers and aides to keep me from making any drastic mistakes, but it's fair to say I still lack experience. I've yet to deal with a nation wide crisis, after all."

[member="Jairdain"]

"You know I was only a little older than you when I came here to be the advisor of Brad. Now, look at me. A regent until our son comes of age. After that, I have no idea, but that is a good many years away."

Picking Marcus up, Jairdain placed him on her hip again and he promptly started chewing on his fingers. Resting her head on his for a moment, her focus returned to Shoden after.

"Having been in that advisory position before, I would suggest you listen to what they say. You can still make some decisions on your own, but usually what they offer is something that is for the betterment of everybody."

Her gods knew Brad listened to only about half the time. In the end, she had failed (or so she thought) and he had run off again. Jairdain assumed he returned to his wayfaring days of being a smuggler and playboy. Unknown to him he had Marcus with her, but she didn't know if even a son would have kept him close.

"Prove to yourself you can handle this responsibility and then others around you will see it as well. You need to have faith in yourself."

[member="Shoden Moz"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom