Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obsidian Butterfly

Major Faction

Syn

Nimir-ra to Iella, Jedi Shadow
[member="Sera Inkari"]

He was looking at her in the force and meditating here. He hadn't expected her to get so close.. his body remaining as it were when he showed little reaction . Practice from centuries before he spoke. Radiating calmness. "Because you deserve it, kindness is a basic dignity all life deserves even if they don't think they do." The jedi master remained there while she sat close and he brought his hands up. THe jedi master had trained many and much like when he trained Una or Iella he had learned how to help them. THe compassion and connection one needed to be able to make with the force before he was reaching out with the force.

"I want to tell you something, something few understand. It is common most believe they are great or part of something but you are a blip, a mite. A small thing in a galaxy barely out of its infancy that is going to have a trillion trillion more like you." He said it but waited a moment. "I am just like that, just like you. SMall, not needed and not going to alter the grand scale of the universe but." He waited again to build it up, some of those lessons really could pay off. "THis is something that I would want, this is something that should be offered to all." He brought a hand out and placed it on her shoulder. "You will learn, you will grow, you will live and become eventually one with the force."

There was a look on his face though while he was moving forward. Allowing himself to look down at her as she was close but he rose up on his knees. Letting the energy roll off of his body before he looked through her, into her and into the force. The past, the present, the future. He knew what he had faced and what he had gone through but there was oh so much more that he would have to figure out. The jedi master was allowing the force to guide his hand as he touched her head. FInger starting in the center of her forehead where they counted it as a third eye and going down her cheek. "Such visions padawan will always be there, if you need lean on me to protect yourself."

The visions would be many and all there now wanting attention, wanting her to feel remorse, to feel anger at herself, or to feel all those emotions she’d shut out while doing them without a conscience. His finger touching her forehead stilled her mind. Other horrors were beneath the surface, times of twisting planets with the One Sith to the gloom and sorrowful states they had become. Burning Jedi alive to defend herself. She did not lean on him this time. Holding the visions within her and not breaking apart as before. Tears came but they were allowed and flowed freely, she sobbed and didn’t try to stop herself, her cheeks slowly dampening.

Kindness was a word she wasn’t used to using or hearing. Compassion. She spoke through her tears. “What is compassion to the force?” Not to him or her, but to the force itself. She was not sure, and not sure he could answer either, or would know how to. Keeping her eyes closed and meditating. There were times of being a Sith, brief times with the republic, times with the army of light and times before that at the temple on Kintan all swimming about within her. Syn's finger kept her mind here and now, that single point to remind her she was not alone.

Sith had begun to educate Sera that was she was powerful, and was significant. The trials and tribulations she had faced, enduring. To hear [member="Syn"] tell her the opposite was hard to allow. Once she’d believed the same, a twig in the wind, carried by it where she needed to go. Want that? “Why would you want that?” He had her ear, and her want to hear more, need almost to fill the gaps in her spirit.

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

"Because thinking that you are special, that you are the one who will bring about great change from your actions. Is arrogance it is evil, it with your vanity speaking and not your skill." The jedi master said it and hoped that it managed to sink in but he was staying there with her. "We are all luminous beings within the force, each sharing the light of life but to hold yourself above others because this crude matter of yours might be just a little more. It is what leads to many jedi and siths downfall. To sure of themselves they become even the older more experienced and wiser of the jedi." He said it and could remember the force ghost he had met, had trained with on Dagobah after the harvest, when he had been able to listen to the cosmic force for once because of Iella.

The jedi master was leaving her there and offering the chance for her to complete her training though when he motioned. "If you want, we shall go into the caves and find you a saber crystal. The caves lead down to one of the oldest structures on the planet, in the galaxy. A star temple the Kwa used to travel across the stars using the force and it still functions once they managed to recover and restore parts of the temple. We deeper we have went the more history the jedi have discovered and why worlds like this, why Tython were so important." The jedi master rose up slowly but it appeared more boneless before he was offering his hand to pull her up and eolled his shoulders with a small tight lipped smirk on his face that was his general way of putting others at ease.

Vanity. Sera dipped her head and drew a circle in the earth, intricate patterns woven into the dust, and then wiped away. They were both “Expressions of the force.” as she had been taught as a child. “Vanity Master. I feel anger when I feel my image is slighted. I feel like I can’t let it go. Because my appearance to others is more important than what I believe or even the truth of a situation. Like it carries weight beyond what it is” She was aware of this but it still happened within her, she felt that anger taking over, like it wanted to express within her but she held it uncomfortably. Restrained it, and thus it built over the years rather than follow a natural conclusion.

If Syn wanted humanity out of her, honesty, there it was. She had humility but not on matters of philosophy or personal identity. When these things were touched on, she felt anger. “How do you respond when your identity is threatened?” Did he know what she meant, a crisis of identity again unfolding within her, had Syn been through the same? “Yes Master, please let us seek out a crystal.” She didn’t know if that would help with her identity unraveling but it seemed part of a broken rite of passage she had never undertaken. His smile put her at ease again, and she nodded, standing as he did. “I appreciate you talking my concerns over with me.” If only she’d sought him out at her start.

One simple meeting can make all the difference in the world. For good or ill. Sera pulled her hood back up again, and covered her burns, wanting her fresh start.

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

He was looking at her and remained there for a moment as she asked a question and was rising up. The jedi master rose with her as she wanted to make her saber... 0or at least find a crystal and he could do thar. He could help her with that as he spoke. "WHen my identity is challenged padawan, I accept it, I roll with it. I know who I am, I know what I have done. I have no illusions that I have been good or evil and that I am now merely a man, caught in the acts of a play." He said it as a means to try and comfort but he knew to trust in the force, a miraluka without it was dangerous and in many ways felt wrong. He remained where he was standing in front of her.

"We'll get you a crystal, hopefully it will bring something for you." He was thinking of how best to help her, how best to try and get her back on the path without having to force it.. That was the trick. If he made all of her decisions for her then it would be dangerous and like many she would rebel... If he guided and tried to teach so she could make the decisions then show her from his experiences it would be best. SLiding his hand up while he tapped her chin. "You are skilled and you know who you are. Believe in yourself above all, my opinion of you, the opinion of others will only serve to make you doubt yourself."

THe jedi master was motioning for her to come and join him going into the caves. he didn't need much more equipment and this deep down they would be able to find parts of it. The reverberation of crystals throughout the walls and it was going down deeper into the mountain. He knew the Kwa had been here and other species, older species that were a danger so the jedi master set it aside with his hand drifting and offering the arm for his padawan to follow. They could walk through or she could go ahead but this was her quest, her moment to shine and so she needed to be at the forefront. "Come Padawan let us go forth."

Just a man “No.” Sera smiled and shook her hooded head gently. “Not just a man Master. What you’ve given me here is all your experiences, all your futures and everything you’ve gone through in these words.” A gentle press against his forearm and a release. “None could have said the same.”

Right place. Right time. Right man. Right Master.

“I trust in our force that our crystal will bring me closer to my destiny.” Back to dogma but that was part of our priestess too. Syn tapping her chin broke her usual ritual thought to prepare, and caused gentle laugh, her head cheeks radiating happily. She was brought again to humanity, human touch not ritual or stale dogma. Believe in yourself. “I do not know who I am. That is why it hurts.” She said honestly. “I have an idea, we have a path.” Sera smiled again under her hood, shaking her hair slightly.

Following along with him into the caves, she place her hands on his arm, and was guided. Again human touch, not distance or disassociation. These were new things to the Priestess. “How will our force know which crystal is right?” Was it here always waiting for her, at this moment, or was it only now calling to her to find it? Was it "destiny or fortune?"

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

"A little of both." He said it and stood there for a moment. "Each crystal in the galaxy resonates with you since before you were born, since before you came here. One of them will always be there, in a cave if you search hard enough, if you feel the force and trust in it. Then they shall be revealed to you." He said it while he moved through the cave and it was going back further down into the island while the crystals wrapped around in some places and gleamed around softly glowing. "When you reach out, one of the crystals will respond to you, will connect with your aura and call to you." A small look on his face when he was guiding her with her arms around his. THe other hand coming up as he clenched the fist and focused for a moment to make a glow ball able to illuminate the path within the cave. He was leading down until the more open area came to the large chamber of the cave, pillars of crystal and a small stream of water that led into a waterfall. The sound of the waves and surf crashing against the reef and rocks outside giving it the sound fo thunder.

Test of her control. To be around and nearby so much water. You never knew what was below water. Like sensation of her unconscious mind lapping at their shoreline. Lapping at her own self. Dredging up old feelings that she hadn’t experienced before.

When she’d pierced her captains back with her saber to take his ship and fleet. He’d said to her. One day you will regret this. She’d dismissed the words as nothing. They had been an event on her path, like arriving here with Syn. Something that had happened and no more than that. Part of their force’s plan.

Crystals. Lightsabers. They called. One very specifically called to her, what she had hid from and avoided. Looking right at it, right place, right time. She saw them as “Weapons of our force.” She could feel herself holding her old lightsaber, feeling herself twisting it as she took her old captain's life. She struggled, each new sensation demanded that she face it and what it had meant. That it was real and not something to be dismissed inside of herself. The crystal and this place, demanded she must grieve for her actions. She did not cry because this was not about her, but felt stuck like she was trapped.

Not fear this time, I can’t move.” Her voice said angrily. She could move, it wasn’t physical. If she reached for the crystal and took a weapon what then? “What about all the lives I took? What about them? I just take another weapon and we wipe the slate clean?” She was bitter, angry, lashing out. Sera turned to face Syn, fire in her eyes, heat in the air. “We just say oh well. Their dead and carry on? Who judges me?”

“The ones I murdered? Killed as soon as look at them?” Her hands were bawling up into fists, a real risk of fire. Fire which she associated with a lot of pain and loss. He'd taken her so far, had he seen this before, had he felt this from another? The want to be judged for what they'd done, their humanity there beneath it.

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

He was looking at her and he could feel the conflict as the jedi master moved. Letting her be by herself and she seemed to be struggling... seemed to be wondering and scared.. no anger and the wash of heat was almost scolding but didn't hurt. He was watching her with the force and she was speaking. Then turned on him almost ready to fight as he moved forward to grasp her shoulders. To hold her still and look down at her. "This does not change anything, it will not erase what you have done, it will not change the guilt, the fear, the hatred you will have. With others, from others, with yourself. It will only serve to try and lead you upon a new path."

He said it while he was standing there and watching her. "You are the only one who can judge yourself and forgive yourself. Your actions in the past can brak you down, grind you into the dust with their weight or you can resolve to be better. To become stronger and see that you atone for them. THe choice has to be your, it will always be yours." The jedi master was waiting there while he held her and then released her watching her carefully with the sash over his eyes and a small smirk appeared on his face. wry and slight but it was there before he was speaking. "YOu are talented padawan but your past can only shape and teach you to be better."

Anger swelling. Fire in their air. Realizations that you were a Monster with no conscience, touching your human side was hard to take. She looked ready for battle, ready to fight. Ready to move but she didn’t.

Grasping Sera's shoulders had stopped her, stopped her emotions feeding on themselves. She wasn’t just a murderer, she was worse. A murderer was obvious, blade in the hand for all to see. “We. I. put into motion events.” Sera admitted looking at him, “subtle changes which will alter the course of futures.” Tensing of her hands into balls stopped, she was stern and forceful at the moment. “Many will die because of what I did, and more will suffer.” She knew she had to carry that, and she was telling him she knew. “I have to make amends for my actions”. Had to do more than she had before, be stronger. Taught to be so certain of her abilities, to rely on them with confidence.

It didn’t change anything he was right, but she could. Sera did judge herself, “you can’t see it yet,” that which would come. She had chance to stop it. The ones she had saved created small ripples, the placing of an object down for another to find, the word in an ear of someone in passing, breaking of a heart or relationship up, seeding doubt at the right time or even bringing two people together. All of these things changed their futures, often requiring multiple corrections to find the result she or her former Masters desired.

“My choice is not redemption Master Syn, I don’t know what that means.” She looked to him like a guardian and dear friend about now, tenderly perhaps the first time in her life she had looked on another with tenderness. “I choose to re-balance our scales.” She didn’t feel she understood redemption yet, or what it was like to feel or ask for it. Her body was still processing these emotions she had chosen to ignore, not repress or manage, enjoy, use or live with but ignore. Syn smirked and their air finally lost some heat. “Sorry, I forget myself Master Syn” her voice lost some of its forcefulness, readjusting her hood that had slipped and retaining some measure of her former grace

A deep golden crystal called to her, colored like the one she had artificially constructed as a Sith. Unlike her Sith Crystal as she ran her fingertips over its edges, she felt social responsibility, connection to others, rituals of a different kind, and those thing which she had denied herself. “How do we proceed?” Immediately uncertain as to whether to take her crystal, ask for it, or if there was ritual she had not observed.

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

Watching her and allowing the force itself to guide him, the jedi master remained standing still holding her to calm and sooth her. Sera had spent a great deal of time with the sith, learning that when the time came if you stomped your feet hard enough and lashed out things would happen... things would progress how you wanted them to. The jedi master was looking at her when she found the crystal where he could find the things she was doing. The jedi stayed at the ready when she presented her saber. "You will use it, trust in it and connect with it, use it to form your lightsaber and bring a sense of balance to yourself." He said it when he was standing there looking across the crystal caves while he sat down and motioned to the area in front of herself she could meditate and construct her saber.

Kintan’s priestess had been through the ringer today. She was not composed or her usual self, the crystal didn’t care. It wanted more life out of her, for her to be more real with Syn and importantly herself. It wanted her to go through this, and so did she. Picking the crystal up carefully in her palms she walked over to the flat rock tablet before her, placing her saber and crystal down. Saying prayer out loud this time, being more real with Syn and herself. “Force guide us, keep us, keep this crystal and allow my future paths clarity that I might carry burdens you give us, to better know myself.” She carried on with these ritualistic passages, talking of understanding herself, understanding the force.

Putting the crystal into the saber, she didn’t have a lot of work to do, just some minor repairs on her old saber staff. It hummed as she enabled the connections. She cared not what those others above thought of her, Syn’s comfort had been welcome, but her own heart was heavy. Feeling her old weapon was uncomfortable, very much so. She tried to trust it, trusting the discomfort was something she had to work through. Then she was stuck again. Crushing pressure in her ribs again, like they wanted to not move. She knew to describe it would be to miss the point. She wasn’t doubled over, but she was leaning over, feeling heat within herself, sweating.

Sweating. Locking her weapon into place again, she ignited it and looked across her beam, both ends a deep golden color. Twirling it around in her hands, humming in the air. Old memories. Old memories spilling back of cutting others down, of poisoning worlds, watching the ground crack and split up open. She threw it down again. Not wanting to face them. Not saying a word to Syn as this played out. Her crystal encouraging her to get through this, she needed it but she also needed to be away from it.

She paced in front of him, feeling caged again, feeling like she wasn’t getting anywhere, that she needed to be doing more. “Trust it. I don’t trust myself. “ She said like a dragon with a sore head, or ribs in this case, feeling that fear running through them. “How can I trust it? How can I trust…” she was about to say you but she didn’t. Because she did trust him.

“I want to hurt something, someone, myself. Sera admitted, and sat on the floor, knees to her chest. “I want to feel pain. Anything but this.” Physical pain would have been an easier way of dealing with what she was feeling, that running tight emotion in the ribs, fear, hurt, so much hurt there wanting an outlet. Nobody had an answer, there wasn't any quick fix or easy way she'd ever feel any different. She had to be okay with feeling this?

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

"And here I thought you'd never ask." He said it with a grin on his face, more because he knew that feeling.. when you reflected on the past, when you looked back you faced horrible truths sometimes.... you could see how terrible you had been and you wanted to stop it... knowing you can't change the past frustrated and would push you as he was moving with his attention on some of it... He fought sithspawn and there were a whole lot of creatures that he would go after just for the sake of it until the jedi master stood there prepared to help her. There were ancient creatures down here.. there were things the ancient jedi experimented with.

The tentra was a precusor to the terentrek a creature created by dark jedi who had been exiled... it was smaller, faster but never the less as dangerous.. and he directed her towards the creatures. She could fight it and let out that empotion in a more healthy way that would be used and able to protect the others... would be able to protect her as the creatures were attracted to the force strength of the jedi who were here. "The creature is dangerous but we are able to fight them, this is what I do when I feel the need to retake control from any emotions. I punch really dangerous creatures."

Still holding her knees, Sera smirked slightly which made its way into a very brief smile soon enough. It wasn’t in her training to fight or to seek conflict. Maybe part of remaking herself and allowing these new feelings called for it. The saber flew into her hand. The Tentra was certainly smaller than a Terentatek, but still held good strength for its size. Kintan’s priest was a lot like Taiden Keth in the face of danger, calm and reserved. The old priestess had been anyway, this new one, she didn’t know who she was fully.

Turning on her saberstaff and sweeping around the ground with it, circling, burning rock and ash, she sent it flying toward the Tentra, the spiny hard shelled creature spamming its fists upon the ground like a small gorilla but it was blind for the dust and couldn’t see anything

Around its side she leaped, pushing off one foot and swinging her hips to bring her body around again, robe and saber following her in a golden red blur. She didn’t strike, she’d been so long waiting to unleash this heat within herself, this urge to just let it all go. The beast shook its head to get the dust out of its eyes. Sera was feeling the air, feeling the spark, and the increase of warmth, the excitement of the air around her as energy was poured into it. Force the Fuel, the Air the supply and the heat what was inside of herself coming out. Fire bursting forth from in front of her, catching and igniting the air forward, the creature roared in flames. It was brief and then it was over.

The first time she’d ever used that fire for anything other than the Sith or self-preservation. Watching the burning body on the ground she closed he eyes. “How did you realise. Was it really just time, or was it one person that said the right words to you?” Sera asked Syn while looking at her flames burning out. Was it all from conflict, all from seeing the futility of taking lives for a cause, or “did you have a mentor once?

She walked back to him, her steps slight, no longer sweating. She was thirsty, and she looked like she’d been in a battle with herself because she had.

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

He looked at her and spoke feeling the heat while he spoke. "I sat in a cell, for years. Every day a little girl would come and see me, speak with me, ask me questions, tell me her lessons from the day. I thought I could bend her to my will, make her release me but She never bent and I never pushed. It was... different and as she grew older, she still came, even when she became older, when she had children, when she had a daughter brought her. We would continue the lessons. I watched her grow old, content to find her place, I watched her daughter grow old and stood there with her granddaughter when she was wed to another jedi."

He looked at her and for someone who was several hundred years old he didn't give a time frame for bhow long ago this was but a small smirk was on his face. "Then I spent time training with her children, watching the family throughout the years, seeing what I could become, what I could do within the galaxy to help protect them." He was walking around and could feel the heat from the creature while he was looking at it with a look on his face having a smirk. "And since then I have continued throughout the centuries within the order protecting those who need it, fighting where I must... but I am not like the others. I have done evil they don't know."

He was looking at her. "I did terrible things in the name of a man I had never met. I was his monster, his son in some ways but there were far more dangerous things." He stood up tall and looking over at some of the things they had to do here. He was standing there and looked down at her. "I knew because I had the time to experience it and come to the conclusion as a time on myself." He placed a hand to move her hood back and have a finger in her hair. "You will not live as long as me padawan, I will be there for you always, when the star burn out, when the galaxy dies and all is dark. I will remain there to remember you and what you became."

Sera listened. She was happy to make the connection, to be with the man, not just the Master. A developing trait for more interpersonal relationships, not distant standoffish ones. He was giving her more humanity the more he opened up. So she listened, a certain innocence in what were before only weary eyes.

“You stood by their futures.” Something she could relate to. Not just them but for so long afterwards, almost instinctively she wanted to seek her visions for this family but she resisted, preferring to stay here and now and listen. Time didn’t mean as much to either of them for different reasons, his lack of aging, her time spent watching their future continuously. He was holding back. “Then tell me. Tell me your evils, let me hear them, because they give me hope.“ Sera said walking a step closer, feeling him near, hearing Syn confess, sharing that allowed her to feel less alone with her own pain.

"You will be there with me?" She wouldn’t live as long as him. That was comforting. He’d be there after her death, and their struggles together wouldn’t be for nothing. Hood falling gently and hair coming free again, she leaned her head slightly to his finger and then closed her eyes. “Thank you.” Her eyes remained closed, happy to stay there for as long as this future they were in lasted. "Who will be there for you?" Was he destined to go his life with no one, just the echoes of the dead? Sera thought of something eyes opening, "can we build a holocron?" So our futures will not be as lonely, she look to him, her gesture for him as much as her. To give him that, so when her time came, he had that with him. Perhaps he could add others to it on his travels, a holocron dedicated to those who shared his path with him.

[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

He was looking at her and recalling his sins... where should he start. THe jedi master spoke while she was close to him. Thinking about what she wanted to do and he was sharing the vision within the force for her. Making it seem almost like they were a fly on the wall within the vision itself. The jedi master himself was checking out what she could do feeling her head against his hand and he held her close. To share with her, a silent promise that would connect them and allow her to see his memories, to recall the sensations he had in the moment. His family, his friends, his ancient secrets that Iella/[member="Coci Heavenshield"] had known.

Bengeel. A barren, dusty planet in the Mid Rim covered with sulfur pools, lifeless rivers and volcanoes. Home to the Kimogilla lizard, supposed kin to Tatooine's Krayt dragons and to numerous other dangerous beings, smaller in size but no less deadly. The lone figure grinned as he stepped off the shuttle in Arakesh's stronghold. Bracing himself against dying in a sandstorm his gaze swept north and in the near distance, storm clouds had gathered. A smile came to Varadun's face at the sight of it all and he continued forward. "Lord Varadun, you sure you going to be okay here?" He glanced back over his shoulder at the shuttle pilot and his face cringed smelling the reek of alcohol and sweat. "A little sand never hurt anyone now keep the ship here until I return." He stepped from the platform to the waiting vehicle compound.

"Its not the sand that concerns me." The young pilot sighed and remained where he was closing the door as he finished. "People go out there and never return." A whisper of wind caressed his face with a familiar edge. He tilted his head and reached out with the force, smiling at the feelings he found there. He turned back to the ship and gave a chuckle that was drowned out in the wind. The sithspawn warrior moved towards the one piloting the vehicle for him. "You will deliver the passenger and then leave. You will not remember where he went. Then you will count to ten and return to your garage." The mans eyes glazed momentarily, his jaw falling open. Checking through the vehicles, he found what he was looking for and eased the swoop from the garage. A quick examination told him it was in full working condition.

As they eased away from the shuttle port, the small shuttle exploded in a blast that carried on the wind and filled the air with the scent of burnt metal. The swoop bike continued on its heading in the direction of the growing storm. The swoop wound the way into the mountains as the storm covered the port and destroyed shuttle in the distance. Varadun remained very still until they came to a stop at the end of a path leading to an old base. The driver started spoke seeming nervous before the siths face shot back to look at him and he went off on the swoop not making a sound. The storm resounded more over head and Varadun entered the base. "I'm home." He whispered, before opening the door and entering.

The bunker looked old and derelict, half buried in sand. His hand ran along the wall of the structure. Thunder boomed across the area they were in and echoed in the hallway causing him to chuckle and shake his head softly. "I am here my master." The door slid silently closed. A warmth wrapped itself around him, holding him. Invisible fingers caressed his face and ran through his hair tussling it. The door sealed behind him, beeping once as the dim lights flickered to life in the tiny entrance way. Just on the edge of his hearing, he heard the storm die away. The service lift opened, its light brighter to the point he could feel the heat of it on his skin. Than he walked the length of the entrance hall as it sank deeper into the building's depths. He found one of the room through memory and the force.

The door opened to a hive of mechanical activity. Three sorts of droids went about their duties. Crystals for meditation and vision indicated the way he should go, but the scent he was now following went in a different direction. The smell of her perfume veered off to an audience chamber, he continued on towards the room though hearing the droids but not seeing them. "Identify yourself!" the metallic drone from a security droid as it stepped in his path. The sound was grating on his ears and he turned to face it. He pushed back his hood. A single braid of black hair from above his forehead to the the small of his back. Brown, yellow and cream markings on his face showing where if he had had fur it would be, Sash covered eyes and a crooked but sexy tight grin on his lips.

A tall figure loomed behind the droid, capturing his full attention. She stepped forward. Whatever the droid had been about to do ended abruptly in sparks as the newcomers hand moved behind the droid. The same hand reached for Varadun's and pulled his closer. Holding his against the wall of muscle that was her chest, his head dipped a little as he rose of tiptoes. Their lips met, then parted as their tongues caressed each other while they kissed. "Hello my Darkness." Her words whispered into his skull as the feeling her her power flexed across his mind. One of her hands held his head as they kissed, the other wrapped about his waist, pulling him closer. His arms snaked about her neck, as he answered his kiss with his own. "You have been away from me for quite some time." her voice was velvet-soft in his mind.

Their kiss ended. He nodded. "I am sorry my master." He whispered against her lips. "Don't let it happen again Varadun." She growled, pulling him into another kiss that swallowed his reply. "I missed you terribly." Varadun smiled at his lover as her fingers stroked his cheek tenderly. His arms and lips left hers, but he could still feel her presence wrapped about his like a second-skin, the after thought of her mouth on his made him tingle still. "I've installed some more security droids ... seems too many uninvited people run around in here." He entered the room behind him, he remained one step away and to his left."Yes, I had noticed the droids." He smiled, his gaze and senses sweeping over the room.

A well-beaten cloak was on the floor of one of Andiaas's four holding cells and he could smell it. The scent of blood, sweat and other fluids assailed Varadun's senses made caused his brow to knot. What had occurred in his absence he wondered briefly."Andiaas, have you been torturing people while I've been away?" he pointed to the cloak. "Not much," She sighed in disappointment, "More wishful thinking I guess." They stopped, he glanced at a small charging area thinking about something. He felt his unasked question. "Would you like to test it?" the words escaped her lips. Without waiting for his answer, she pushed him into the holding area. He glanced at the small control device and the electrical barriers charged into place, trapping him in a space barely a span wider than himself.

"I've got this fully working now." He felt her presence leave his, her warmth withdrawn. His lover placed her "Master" mask on, blanking her face and shutting herself off from her emotions. There would be no warmth or sympathy now until this test had ended. Varadun inhaled deeply to brace himself for what was to come and couldn't help but wonder if his question had been his own words, or a suggestion from the woman he loved. She held one hand towards the shimmering barrier. An act that Varadun mirrored. The barrier arced towards his palm, giving him small shocks and a burn. His expression remained blank. Glancing at the console, he heard a dial turning.

Electricity surged through his body, he screamed unprepared for it. Through the crackling he heard her whisper, clear as if stood behind him. "Withstand it my love.." he nodded and set his teeth. "Use your anger," She whispered. "Focus your hate." The dial clicked once more. He whimpered against the surging current, eyes letting loose streaks of blood red tears. Her own face blank now, more in control of the pain at seeing this done. "It is the time for a lesson in domination and manipulation.." Her voice a little louder now, commanding his full attention. "All people have a weakness.. a soft spot."

He watched her as he started to prowl back and forth in front of the electrical cage. She reminded him of a predator in full control of its pray.. playing with it. Was this how she used to be with her former apprentices? He'd heard her say she'd thought nothing of beating them to near death to attend their lessons. She'd also said it pained her to hurt him, was this her way of "teaching" him without being the one to inflict the pain herself? The thoughts went through his mind as he screamed feeling the anger boil up from his stomach and the pain radiate out. He wanted to fight through it for her.

"If you find the weakness in a person, you can easily conquer them." The dial clicked again. He staggered, gritting his teeth and steeling himself against the increased charge. "Yes my master." He could feel the intense pain and now he wanted to scream to let it all out and to have it resonate in the force. Even his force senses were getting blurry as it came down to it. They wavered under the heavier and stronger shocks."Sometimes it will take weeks, months.. even years to find that weakness." His ears picked up every words as it was driven into his mind, the force letting her speak to him even with the crackling of the energy barrier.

She turned her full attention to him, his senses glazed a little. "But when you find it.. attack it. Bring your target to its knees! An example," The device clicked again. He whimpered, more red tears forming in his eyes to go down his cheeks. Varadun reached deep into the force to help him focus, reached into that endless pit of the darkside. "That Jedi. Heijiro." She spat out the name like it was a vile poison, her face grimacing almost audibly, "has a very apparent weakness." Varadun knew what it was he had smelled it on the man. He hadn't figured it out until later that day. "S.. Shen." Varadun nodded with the understanding of hindsight.

"Indeed." She smiled coldly her pleasure that he understood now evident in the small inflections of her tone, "took me mere minutes to find that one. Strangely my love.... It took you longer, guess you couldn't see that." She walked over to the console, her hand resting on the dial. "So it is highly ironic that his apprentice is his one great weakness." Andiaas dipped her gaze to the controls, "And my apprentice, you, are mine." She twisted her hand, two clicks. He jerked, reaching into the force more for a steady anchor and a way to block the pain. "Y...yes m.. master."

"So in this case, we would only need attack Shen, make Heijiro fear loosing his love and he would be weakened." A cold smile uncurled on her lips, "but there are other ways.." Her humor was even more evident at the sadistic pleasure she took from it. Varadun fought through the pain as a thought came to him and he spoke through gritted teeth. "W.. wouldn't.. couldn't that same tactic work.. on you master?" "Indeed my apprentice, hence the need of the pain you experience now." He swallowed, teeth chattering a little. "H.. how s.. so? My master."

"I need to know if you can withstand a lot. If not anything." Her hand stroked the console, "Or else I will keep you locked up in here with me, until you are as strong as I am." Two more clicks. A low groan echoed about the chamber as the power surged into Varadun. His fists clenched tighter and tighter, nails pressing into his palms as they drew blood. He began to tremble from the pain and almost felt his knees buckle.. "Manipulation in the way to domination.. befriending your target is also a solution. Make them feel safe around you." A memory uncurled in Andiaas's mind making her smile. "Then put them in a position where they would need your help."

Varadun's teeth bit into his lip, sinking into the flesh and breaking the skin. A thin line of blood trickled down his chin. Eyes leaking streams of tears and blood, he fought against the pain. -Click.. click.. click- He screamed dropping heavily to his knees. Chest heaving with the pain. Palms bleeding from eight little half-moon cuts where his nails dug in. His own teeth marks lining his bottom lip. "Yes!" Andiaas hissed, "You are strong my apprentice, my darkness.." He snarled at her, the heat of his breath blazing with every emotion in his body. He felt more of his rage swelling up and washing over him like a heated skin.

"Very good." Click. Sparks bathed the room. The energy fields holding the cage secure flickered and danced as the electrical surges reached danger levels. Tears fall down his cheeks freely as if he had eyes they would have rolled into the back of his skull. The darkness claimed him and he fell over. The soothing pain went away and he could feel fingers stroking, caressing his head, running though his hair. Tendrils of love through the force chased away all lingering pain and wounds. "Not bad at all," the words whispered on his forehead as lips press little kisses on his skin.

With a whimper, Varadun's head tilted up with bloody tears coming down his cheeks. The warmth presence wraps itself around him once more as tightly as the arms that hold him to her chest. Her lips seek his once more, tracing his bite marks with her tongue before gently kissing him. "It is over now my love." A smile, genuine warm and loving as his mouth claims hers for another kiss. She helped him to his feet, holding him to her as his legs tremble. "Let's make it easy this time.." The words echoed and confused him for a moment before he realized what he believed her intent was.
A glance at the control panel and the fields spring back into place, her arms around his body holding him close to her. Andiaas closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. The dial began to click quickly back to its maximum setting. Once more bathed in crackling sound, electricity surging round the room. But within Andiaas's arms, there was no pain. "You are strong master." He whispered against her jaw, pressing a little kiss there. CLICK! The power surges lashed out licking along his body. One by one the droids' circuits fried and pop around the room, the lights brighten ten fold to the point where he could feel them on his skin. His mouth widened into a broad smile.

"My anger towards Jedi and my passion for you make me withstand everything." Rising onto his toes, his arms sliding around her neck, he grinned. Her tongue licked his bottom lip before his teeth nipped lightly at it. His senses shoot open. Webs of lightning sparked and crackled through their depths. "Enough," he growled as the console shut off. "I love you Andiaas." Varadun sank down until his feet rested fully on the floor. He pressed his head to her chest and heard her heart beating as the rhythmic thumping pounded like the blood in his ears.

"And I you," She growled pulling him hard against her, one hand on his buttocks the other on his head. His mouth claimed hers. Sucking, licking and nibbling at her lips and tongue in a heated kiss that stole his breath and made him shake with passion. "Lesson over," Her hand caressing and stroking as she kissed his neck. "You're mine!"

He was allowing the force itself to recall the memories, ancient, older and he had been a child.. younger then many knew. he had served far longer with many of them. Sera was strong, she was powerful... more so then even she knew compared to all of them and the jedi master was letting the force itself continue so that she could have an idea. Iella was important to him, the others were as well but there was always the first.. always one who would be remembered and special before she was suggesting a holocron that would take itself into a stronger place. he could do that, he would have to search and get Iella's notes.

He did not believe it. He remained on the ground, fiercely clutching the ragged doll. So pristine was that doll, oblivious with that permanent smile etch upon its countenance, forever amused and withdrawn from the pain that gripped his owner. He had stopped crying, but the pain lingered, coursing through his veins like poison. In an instant, everything was gone. In an instant he was a derelict undesirable, turbulently left clutching an inanimate object. Shuddering gasps marked the cessation of himself sobbing.

“You are strong. You can rise above this.”

The voice was smooth, cold, drawling. Without turning back, he thought the words flowed from the lips of his father. He did not look back. He did not have to look back to understand that the figure standing behind him was a monster. He lowered his head, looking into the face of the doll. The face was tainted with blood, but the smile never faded. He rose from the ground, one of his small hands wiping the tears away. He finally turned to face him. He was cloaked in darkness, enshrouded in mystery. His senses, however, pierced through the darkness. The black pools drew attention to his face enraptured with passion, displaying a thirst that would possibly never be quenched. He looked into those eyes, the fear and pain in himself heart melting away.

He did not know what he was. He did not know that he could feel the darkness emanating from himself, the raw power that tugged at him almost sensually. He did not know that he possessed an untamed fury that whirled within himself like a monster, lying dormant and chained. Only he could feel it. His senses pierced through his frail body, past the little face of a scared boy, right into the blackness swirling in his heart. He couldn’t see the smile slowly creeping onto his face but he could feel it. The smile that eerily resembled the one on his doll.

His words, the promises of a tomorrow, the promise of absolution, the promise of retribution, breathed life into him. None of it made sense to the boy, but he gazed onto that monster makers face. The hypnotizing waves of sorcery guided him, as if intangible ropes had bound him and gently tugged him along. He crept back into darkness and he followed, his eyes wide with wonder. His hand fell to his side, the doll falling to the ground, splashing into the coagulating blood of his mother. A small test or the emperors weapons. Something they could mold.

He closed his mind, shuddering and writhing in pleasure. The blade withdrew from the delicate, pale flesh of his wrist. The red blood flowed smoothly from the tear, an imperfection upon many that littered his arm and matted the delicately fine fur. He was fascinated by blood, his finger reaching and tenderly touching the fresh wound. He coated the tips of his fingers in his own immaculate blood, bringing it up to scent the sanguine liquid. He could almost see it, and suddenly had the wild urge to taste it. He leaned forward, expecting the coppery explosion of flavor.

“Back again?”

He knew. He did not rapidly jerk away or hide what he had been doing. He reveled in it, welcomed it and accepted it. The blade remained in his hand, his empty eyes not meeting his fathers. He knew what he had been doing. He said nothing for a while, standing many feet away. His arms were crossed over his chest, his face always devoid of expression. He did not judge him, question him, or attempt to stop him. He simply observed. He said nothing in return, lowering his gaze and staring into the reflection of his creation that displayed in the blade.

His eyes bore an almost golden hue, the pigment lightening from their initial shade. The knife was pulled to the ground with a clatter as the force was flexed. Varadun made no motion for it. He simply watched. After a long moment, he turned and left. Left himself to his corruption, the slow descent that he had begun since that fateful day when he was born. He walked alone, unguided and untethered until the time came. Until the empire was reborn and needed its weapons. The gash on his wrist reminded him of the life he was now leaving behind. The redness brought back memories of a life locked far away. Of the life a child would have when compared to a sith.

The skies were no longer blue, the sun did did not shine, the birds did not sing. All that remained was the cold, gray reality that constantly hung like a sinister gloom. It clung to him, burned through his skin like acid, made him shrink back. He needed to escape it. He needed to run away, and the only way to do so was to tear into it, let it out. He breathed for the first time when he cut into his flesh, and it was liberating, feeling the essence of himself life run down his hand and reminding him that his heart still beat.

He knew they thought he was weak. He did not understand why he pushed him. He did not understand his overzealous devotion to something he could not see. He could only feel it. He had been told to open himself up to it. He promised he could control it, manipulate it and bend it. To shape it to him will, for the ones who just lived it would be a cruel joke, for the ones who beat life into their image it was power. He told himself he could snatch as much of it as he wished. He said he was its master and could command it at will. He followed, purposeless, directionless.

He was not kind, not gentle, not loving in any fashion of the word. He was the epitome of necessity, brutality, perfection, ego and efficiency. He was what he needed, the guidance that harshly pulled him from the dismal chasm of insanity and bloodlust. It was a place he often flirted with, and he often found herself on the brink of sanity, peering over the edge before he fell in for good. He was unstable, rocky and his foundations were weak. He was weak. It was a slow realization, one that crept into his mind and planted a seed. That seed blossomed into a tree of doubts, a tree he was quick to sever in half. He was his creator, his mother, his brothers, his sister, his god. But he gave nothing to himself. He took nothing from himself. He existed in the distance, always far away, always silent. His silence spoke volumes, and it molded him into the shape and set himself on the path to grandeur. It was one he had to walk, though his purpose remained obscure.

He simply stared at his creator, his father. He could tell he was growing impatient. He could feel the irritation, the anger, all of it culminating within him. It threatened to explode, and he could feel it. He paid it no heed. He reached out his hand, the one scarred on the wrist and littered with cuts he had inflicted upon himself. He touched his face, his delicate fingers roaming over the fine on his cheek. It was a harsh, twisted perversion of the skin that was once there. something that was a byproduct of the alchemy. He shrunk away at his fathers touch, almost involuntarily. He did not withdraw, keeping his chilled fingers on his skin.

“Does it hurt?”

He said nothing. He was a boy no older than a preteen child, at least by appearance. He could sense pain from him. He could sense it using that force sight he couldn’t share with others. The thing he could not comprehend yet while its power flexed like a mantle. He rose from the ground, staring at his master, his father, his creator. He followed his movements with his force sight. As he met his gaze, he did not find him there. He was lost, gone far away from this world. He had left his body a long time ago, leaving behind a placeholder. He knew the answer then.

He found him many times after that, always in the same place. He could not walk away, could not stop vacantly gazing. He never looked at his as he passed him. He never spoke to him. But he knew, and he knew. It originated from the pain, from the cuts on their bodies, from the wounds that would never heal. That’s where he found him, in a place he thought he would never be found. He returned every day, never exchanging words, nor a gaze. Simply his presence. He could feel it. He could feel it because he was another creation born to be thrust into a world of the empire in hiding, in the darkside cult that came from the emperor and hid waiting. He wondered if he understood it. He did not ask.

He could never explain what changed. He found him yet again, not making eye contact. He said nothing, and he walked past him. However, he heard a sharp intake of breath. It was an abrupt action, so sudden that it tore into the tranquil atmosphere around him. He faced him, locking gaze with him for the first time since he had touched his face. He returned the gaze. This time, he saw life behind his force presence. He said nothing for a moment, the silence growing between them. He did not move, did not prod his mind with the force. They were equals under the emperor for the moment, he could feel it. Finally, he spoke. His voice was like music to his ears.

“Not anymore.”

His senses flared out as they scanned the area, the hollow eyes under the sash like black pools that swallowed the light to drown it, to consume it and choke all who came. They glinted in the darkness, his tattered cloak gently swaying behind him. He was crouched up in a tree, observing the outpost from a distance. He could feel it from them, the self righteous pricks lost in their pious sense of justice. They were blind in their strife for perfection, for atonement for sins yet to be committed. He smiled at the sight, shooting a glance over to his other half, the boy that had become a weapons, that had become his fathers weapon.

The other was as well but different He returned the grin, the moonlight glinting over the tarnished contours of his face, the cuts and scars a constant reminder of his past. He did not feel or care about it anymore, however, and only saw his presence in the darkside of the force. It was not the unknown sense that his mother had given him anymore. He understood it, controlled it and manipulated it. He was a seamstress of the darkside, weaving to his whims, leaving magnificent masterpieces of destruction in his wake. He shaped it and forced it to do as he wanted, let the galaxy feel the full wrath of his fury when it swirled in him, around him.

Today would be no different. He nodded to his other half, no words were said. It was a silent gesture. They had long since learned to communicate without the aid of the sound, or without the slightest change in demeanor. It was all in their force presence. Their faces appeared devoid and vacant to the rest of the world, but to each other they spoke volumes. He sprang off the tree, almost gliding down with the silence of a night owl. He landed on the soft grass without a sound. He landed next to his partner, not as graceful, but with the precision of a killer. And they made their way forth, two predators having cornered their prey. The screams of the Jedi within rang out like a sweet symphony, where he and his counter part were the conductors. They lead the orchestra, leaving a river of blood among the halls of purity and valor. They left a taint, a darkness that crept behind them, trailing behind them and clinging into the walls, the floor, the ceiling and into the Jedi themselves. This was judgment, this was the end for them and death had arrived for them on their doorsteps.

His demonic laughter resonated throughout, a chilling sound that would cause even the most battle hardened veterans to quiver. He did not stop, even when they begged for mercy. He did not look into the whites of their eyes. He looked ahead, always ahead. And the blood. Oh, the blood! The warmth that exploded all over his hand, showered hism in the essence of bloodlust laced life. It was exhilarating, and he was ascending, always ascending. Growing stronger in his power like none of the other, he would outlive them, become far stronger in the centuries to come. He was lost in the bloodlust now, finding that brink of sanity once again as just a sliver. The one he had always to save him from slipping into true darkness and killing all but the one who could command him.

He erupted into a blur, moving into a smear of crimson. He bent the darkside of the force, letting it break and control. It was an extension of his will, swimming forth to destroy any he willed it to. It made him lose sight of himself, but it tapped his into the untamed fury of a berserker. He was a master of the darkside, though the darkside controlled him then. He was not aware of this, simply lost into a dance of destruction, littering the halls with bodies. His laughter grew shrill, higher and more inhuman. He was lost and quickly falling further. His other half was right there with him, cutting his own swath through the masses. It wasn’t long before he realized he was gone, having fallen into the insanity that came from power. He was drunk off of it, high on it, and completely immersed in it.

He tore apart the limbs, drenched himself in the blood and splattered it everywhere. He was on the ground, crying out loud and screaming, losing his mind. The darkside overwhelmed him, consumed him and began to chip away at his last shreds of resolve. He was not fazed by it. He did something completely uncharacteristic. Suddenly, there was music. It erupted within the silent halls of death. The music projected from the speakers, a mixture of saxophones, clarinet, piano, trumpets..it was an odd mixture and strangely soothing. He listened to it, withdrawing his head from having buried it in his bloodstained hands. He did not look at his other half, closing his force sight and receding from the chasm of chaos he had fallen into. He rose, rose and rose till he was back again. He finally opened his force senses, listening to the heavenly noise, the music so strangely alluring. It was intoxicatingly beautiful, just like blood. He looked up at him at last. He already saw his question etched upon his features. He simply grinned.

“I think the fun has begun my friend.”

Be could taste it and feel it there while he backed away a little and collapsed, his knee's buckling with the memory of it all. He could feel wetness on his face and knew the tear ducts didn't exist. It was darkness, it was pai and memory and he knew they were tears of blood. His pain was buried deep under layer and layers of history... the jedi master looked up while he could see and feel brushing against himself in the force. Power, energy, a swiftness and a feeling before it faded and disappeared just as quickly being replaced by her... Iella had saved him, shown him that he could be more then just a jedi and he was, Domino had shown him the need for friends and his padawans were who he lived to protect.

As she listened she felt. As she saw she connected. He had been a child once, she would not have believed it so. To see the Master before her a child was strangely jarring, she was still raised on formalities, but also it was exactly what she needed. She listened tell of his parents, of what he was trained to do and what he became. Sera was crying again, tears running down her cheeks, but she didn’t move her head, watching every image he allowed. Living them with him.

Then when it was done she looked at him, into him, and stayed there. Connection. A lifetime of isolation given connection. She kissed his cheek and leaned back.

“I understand now. Thank you.”

Because he’d taken her there with him. Given his previous words meaning and weight. So much pain, suffering and hardship. To become what he’d become. When she’d said we are what we are, she’d not known what she was saying to him. She did now. Sera was not going to trying and recant those words, because that would belittle all he’d been through, all they’d been through.

She put both her hands around one of his and placed it flat against her own cheek, burn marks underneath but otherwise unblemished. “My turn.” She didn’t know if he could see, or if he could witness, but she tried to open herself up to him.

Picturing it all in her mind.

There would be a ceremony, one of her earliest memories. The children were being blindfolded and span around. There was warmth, fire, the desert even at night was hot and dry. Many people were gathered and chanting as the children were spun and spun on the spot. Sera watched until it was her turn. Crying. Taken from her family just a day before. The world went dark as the blindfold was tied, she felt dizzy. The voices and chanting didn’t stop, she burned her foot as she staggered, but they carried on walking her forward and spinning. Her senses didn’t know where she was, didn’t know what was going on. She was too young to process this.

“You belong to the priesthood now.” A voice told her. As her blindfold was taken off, her parents were there and she reached out for them through the haze and tears, but they turned and walked away, leaving her crying. She wasn’t alone though, there were many children there taken into priesthood that day, and it would be the last day she saw her parents. Walking away from her.

She would continue but she couldn’t right now, crying again, a lot of tears to let out. She stood there strong and vulnerable at the same time.

"Need a moment." She said softly.
[member="Syn"]​

Major Faction

Syn

[member="Sera Inkari"]

He could see it, he could fel it more.. his vision didn't have images as one did. He had experienced this in ways that others might not while he was listening, smelling and feeling all of it. The jedi master himself was kneeling there while she opened herself up to him and to the force to reveal everything and nothing... bits, pieces... parts of the whole that he might be able to learn more of should the time come. Sera was powerful and more so then she knew... she was important.. the force had guided him to her, had brought him about to try and help her the way he had been helped once long ago.... no he couldn't think like that.

It was hubris, it was pride and arrogance that said he was more important and chosen to be something more. He had to resist such temptations and thoughts related to it. He knew that just actions could harm him further in the long run before he was recalling some smaler parts of his own past but he had moved towards her allowing the force to wrap around with both of them. "There are few who know things such as that... fewer alive who know the past in ways that would mean they needed to listen." He was concerned but confused for a moment until the jedi master was looking up and the sounds of waves boomed on the rocks.

"Come, your saber is ready, the lesson here is completed and we should return up to the platform. There is much we have a chance to do."

She followed his lead, increasingly comfortable in if not trust, at least respecting the Jedi Master as a teacher and a man she could turn to. For the most part silent, and not saying anything just listening, that went on for a very long period of uninterrupted time on her part. It had been a draining day, lots of emotion, lots of reasserting of her character over the top of what was nothingness before. So when she spoke it was soft, distant, a bit muffled if he even heard her at all.

Sera’s saber was ever heavier in her hand. She remembered her very first steps into this new galaxy, as part of the crystal shapers, all dead and part of her force now or so she thought. Shaping crystals of all kinds. Not naturally, just as the Sith used a lot of artificial methods, the shapers had cut and rended, and taken what they wanted. Almost as if by instinct, that memory came straight into her mind. “How do I know it won’t resent me later.” She asked Syn out of the blue, qualifying it as an afterthought as she often did, with some actual sense of the present. “For past transgressions.” That word just wouldn't go away, she was even seeing judgement in things, crystals, locations, planets, not just people but in her entire world view. Feeling those judgements like pressures on her flesh and bone, pincers, and pressures.

In silence she looked out over the rocks hesitating at their waters edge. It was an uneasy thing to see again, the desert priestess faced this unconscious uncertainty about how it moved of its own accord, never in one place, all the drops connected. It reminded her of EXACTLY what her old teachers would have said. You are the water, be the water, lose yourself. "If we should be separated, I will be on Kintan." Sera said solmenly, "one day." Her voice was grave, "and it may feel like this." She held her hand toward the waters, a complete opposite of the her deserts. That contrast is what gave her old order some powerful imagery when they used water as symbolic for their force, and losing themselves in its teachings.

[member="Syn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom