Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

November's Member of the Month

[member="Mrrew"]

Come down here and collect your prize.

It's a shiny new bag of potpourri.

<insert speech about how we make people member of the month for their efforts in becoming upstanding members of this community who guide it in a positive direction>

I do want to say this, though. I usually don't put much credence in member of the month. Sorry, November's Member of the Month. But I do want to offer some insight into the gesture, and why we're giving it to Mrrew.

I haven't heard a single complaint about him.

He's stepped up when we asked for volunteers and didn't have a single complaint about his workload.

I've seen him in a few of the backroom conversations I've been a part of and he offered nothing but positive contributions to the discussion and (usually) stayed focused.

There's been a lot of talk about how rules like cloud breaking can ruin everything writers have been building towards, but I'd like to think that guys like Mrrew - although very involved in his own niche here, I'm sure - see the true potential and work involved in a community like this. It isn't that we write threads and capture imaginary locations. It isn't that we increase our colorful blobs on a map. It isn't that we wreck a long-lived dynasty like the Republic or involve ourselves so much in imaginary wars that we actually begin to dislike and/or talk smack to other writers because of how emotionally invested we are in the written word of our imaginary characters. None of that means anything. Because when you leave, for whatever reason, it all goes away. It only exists in your mind. But this place is more than that, it's very real. It's a community. Full of those both negative and positive, intelligent and... well, you get it.

But when you decide that it's all too much and that you need to leave, and you post your LOA and walk out of the door with no intention of returning, it's guys like Mrrew who are still maintenancing the foundations of Chaos to ensure the place is still standing when that itch hits you again.

And that's what Chaos is about. Not maintenancing old submissions or worrying about who owns what. It's about the community, and doing what we need to keep it continuing.

...*feels touched*

Thanks, Tefka, and everyone. That actually means a lot. :) I'm glad to be a part of Chaos, it's by far the best roleplaying community i've ever seen, and I'm glad that I can help in any way make Chaos the way it is. I'm extremely suprised that i've made any kind of impact on the community, but the fact that I have (In any way) means a lot. Thank you. :D

And thanks everyone who commented already. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom