Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Member of the Month November MOTM 2021

Staff threw a lot of names out for this month. There's a lot of people doing stuff worthy of recognition. But there's only 12 months in the year. And I wanted to get this guy his recognition before he got picked up for a Staff or MFO position, since it seems the path he's carving in Chaos indicates that's the role of responsibility he's taken on for himself.

Sure, I don't get down in the trenches as much as I want to, but I'm like the fat bald guy from Game of Thrones with a child army of spies and some very gray morals when it comes to procuring information. And all I've heard about is very good things about this dude, our November MOTM.

I'm actually really regretting the GOT analogy, let's move on to his accomplishments.

Self-titled warboy, member of the MAW leadership, invasion shooter, one of the many heralds of the Second Great Hyperspace War, please join me in welcoming our November Member of the Month -

The Mongrel The Mongrel .

Last edited:
Damn The Mongrel The Mongrel how dare you steal this from me, first you steal all the war posting and duels from. Then you steal all the mvp awards from me. Everyone wants dance with you like you are the prettiest girl at the ball. IT SO UNFAIR NEXT INVASION I'M BLOWING YOU UP!

(That was me IC joking around)

Really man Congrats you are one who truelly deserves this. You go above and beyond in all you do and it is a pleasure and joy to write with you.

Last edited:
Congratulations! This is extremely well deserved!

Also, I have to say that my favorite thing about The Mongrel The Mongrel in invasions is that…they’ll see a writer who doesn’t have any opposition, whip up a couple NPCs with flash backstories, then just throw those NPCs into action against that writer.

It really helps the Maw feel alive, giving the faction a lot of depth and character to see all these NPCs with varying backstories that showcase how they got to be marauders and their individual motivations.

Thank you so much for writing that content, it really makes the Maw invasions a pleasure to read!

Thank you all so much! I'm really honored.

I'm closing in on a year of writing The Mongrel, and it's been a blast to get to interact with so many of you over that time! Helping to grow the Maw from a lil bitty minor faction launching a few skirmishes up to the major narrative player that it is today has been fun, exhausting, and rewarding all at once. A big thank you to Darth Solipsis Darth Solipsis , who came up with (and continues to come up with!) so much of what makes the faction special. I showed up early on just because I thought it was cool, and threw a bunch of writing and ideas at it. He just went ahead and made me faction staff then and there, and we've made a fantastic team ever since. I appreciate you, man.

I'd be remiss if I didn't also mention the first crew I wrote with when I came back to Chaos last year, Darkwire. They're a wonderful group of writers who have carved out their own unique cyberpunk niche that celebrates Star Wars while adding cool elements from other media, and I can't say enough good things about them. Particular shout-outs to Daiya Daiya , who's great at really getting into her character's head (and always up for a good Discord chat), and my frequent writing partner Shai Maji Shai Maji / Xan Deesa, who has actually written with both my main Mawite and my Darkwire character now (and is just generally a great writer!).

Another great person to collab with is Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim . She's great at crafting stories, is flexible and creative with her faction's narrative, and writes a slew of great characters. The narrative that's evolved with Keilara Kala'myr Keilara Kala'myr (or Mercy, as she's known to the Maw) is one of my favorite that's come out of the past few months.

A final shout-out to Srina Talon Srina Talon , who is wonderfully warm and supportive to the Codex team.

Happy Halloween, and thanks again for this honor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom