Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Star Wars Roleplay

Grand Moff Helranth

Grand Moff of the Sith Empire
[member="Tefka"]

Technically YOU were the one who told people who are interested to like the post. I have done more than like, I not only made the suggestion I have checked this constantly on feedback and if you want a trail run I will make an RP non star wars style and see how it fairs. I am actually rereading 1984 to give me more ideas and have been working in a word document on the story line and back ground info. I am currently on if powers should be added and if so to what degree. Such like that. So yes, I have done much more than nothing and if you want proof then issue the challenge and I will start one and if it becomes popular then we will have the facts. For organization purposes I would probably build it in a Fraction to keep things organised.

[member="Tefka"]

As far as I am aware this is your site and I am not one to do anything without your consent. Why I want to do non Star Wars RP is simple, A I like the people on here so I don't want to try to find other sites to RP on along with this one. B, I RP because I want to be a writer so I. Want to RP multiple genres and creating a whole world for people to RP in on here sounds exciting even if it doesn't become popular fast or at all, at least I benefit from creating the world and seeing some people work with the world I create.

[member="Darth Ares"]
Go follow [member="Cira"]'s example and create a faction for non-canon and non-star wars roleplay, and use faction discussion forums for your role-plays. Once you feel you have a large enough following (think close to 80-100 unique users) then you go and contact [member="Tefka"] for consideration. Don't get ahead of yourself and try to get the forum added to the board before there's a clear sign of interest. (And a bunch of likes don't really mean much, as I like things that I think are a good idea, not just because I'm going to do something about/for it.)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I don't mind the idea of this - pretty much every forum has an off-topic RP section - but I know it's not something I would personally use. My only fear is if it there are Non-SW threads, and they start cluttering up the Open Roleplay forum, since every third person and their grandma's lapdog will try to start something, or make a failed thread and try to start another one.

At least a [Non-SW] color tag? :3

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] In a forum that I used to admin, the way with dealt with this is created an area called "The Journal of the Whills," and it was basically an open, but isolated, location that people could write stories with other people without interacting in universe (as on that site, everything that happened in universe was considered final). And it could, theoretically, involve any sort of genre. Of course, the site in general was organized much differently than this one, but the fact remains that it worked really well, in my opinion anyway.

You create one extra forum under roleplay, name it whatever, and just have everything there that is non star wars. New here, so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

[member="Reverance"]

I've always steered away from unique names for forums beyond a little flavor ("Water Cooler"). I understand that it's cool when you're a creator to give your forum some flavor, but you still want your newcomers to instantly familiarize themselves with the naming conventions of your forums.

Journal of the Whills wouldn't really work here. I keep things much simpler than that. The most complicated we get are the Factory, the Codex, and the Water Cooler.

[member="Tefka"] Totally understandable. Journal of the Whills, the name of the forum, wasn't really a suggestion as much as a placeholder for a name of a forum that I couldn't come up with. On the former website, all the admins are "Whills" so it seems rather intuitive and was only really implemented during the waning years of the site, when the population had dropped after it was hacked. But something like "Non-star wars RP" could work if the topic actually leads itself to implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom