Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Mechs

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Romeo Sin"],
That's not the point. Just look at my first picture. It's actually the Vulture Mk III (IIRC) from BattleTech. It has feet like a walker, a body like a walker, a cockpit (and two pilots :p) like a walker, and doesn't have hands or standoff weapons. It has a two guns on each side and a rocket launcher on the body.

Titans are not remotely like that. They're more like... well, people. Their weapons aren't built in typical guns and turrets. Their movement isn't clunky and their limbs overall simple. They probably have about a hundred different axes of skeletal movement, whereas a walker does not.

Edit: Actually, it has two cockpits. xD

Romeo Sin said:
Lets look at Mech Assualt Titanfall...but oh...we can add Mas Effect aliens and Aliens....Predators....its hypocritical. there needs ti be a give here. A walker needs two pilots so does a Pacific Rm. It isn't fair to us who want a mecha. there needs be a compromise here.
*bonks on head*

The best you'll ever get is something that can transform from walker to fighter and back.

There is canon technology that does just that. So... go find some Starcraft 2 pictures and go to town.

How is that not star wars? Cross over comics are not star wars...when Darth Vader killed Aliens and Predators...its stupid...but its okay to make that species...but when Mecha come into the picture..God forbid ..its not star wars...neither is half the shit that happens on here. A mecha is physically possible in Star Wars. it can happen. but because that rule exists somewhere where I never saw in vehicles or restricted vehicles or items or whatever.....its lame.....I can name quite a few things that are here..that do not sound star wars.

The Vulture Droid was fairly simple in walker form, but it could do it. With a big enough dev thread, it's doable. And the images from Starcraft 2 are no more elaborate than existing walkers on the board.

It would be far from the best in either role, but the flexiblity and cool factor would make up for it.

Romeo Sin said:
How is that not star wars? Cross over comics are not star wars...when Darth Vader killed Aliens and Predators...its stupid...but its okay to make that species...but when Mecha come into the picture..God forbid ..its not star wars...neither is half the poodoo that happens on here. A mecha is physically possible in Star Wars. it can happen. but because that rule exists somewhere where I never saw in vehicles or restricted vehicles or items or whatever.....its lame.....I can name quite a few things that are here..that do not sound star wars.

Down boy.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Romeo Sin said:
A mecha is physically possible in Star Wars. it can happen.
See, no, it can't. The tech for walkers is - as clearly shown - very basic and clunky. There are no mecha in Star Wars. If it were possible, they'd have moved beyond walkers already. I understand you're out of it right now and aren't really receptive of this information or form of logic right now, though, so I'll leave you be. Hopefully you'll look back and reflect upon all of this information tomorrow when you are sober.

[member="Romeo Sin"] The rule is where it belongs. Its in the Factory rules all you have to do is read them, if you had any doubts or questions you could have asked for Advice. This is a discussion and [member="Captain Larraq"] and [member="Nyxie"] are trying to help you with your ideas to get them through the factory. Instead you're busy blaming us for a rule that was there. Instead of picking fights, take the constructive criticism that's being offered and remake your idea, do a dev thread and submit an application.

Out of curiosity, would power suits utilizing lightsaber crystals and some other cannon wizardry as generators not be denied on the spot, if the appropriate work was put into them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom