Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Mechs

Its a general consensus. They're not star wars and its left up to the judgement of the RPJ/Admin/Factory Judge. When creating your creations in the Factory they do have to be deemed possible in the realm of star wars. Most feel that the concept of Mecha do not fit in this realm. You have to remember this is a Star Wars RP board, not Gundam, Titanfall or any thing like that. You can create something that looks like "mecha" but not be Mecha possibly being a power suit of the sorts. But do remember Dev threads will be needed. [member="Romeo Sin"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Spencer Jacobs"]
Is my droid pic that looks remotely like a mecha (nothing, at ALL like a Gundam) okay?

armored_core_anti_ac_prototype_ibis_by_jesualdo-d6h02dg.jpg

Ignore the gigantic backpack thing.

To me it kinda looks like a bird... which is entirely the point. Hence "Ibis."

This thing, if anyone wasn't sure.

white-ibis-1a.jpg

[member="Nyxie"] I don't see how this was supposed to be funny. Please don't post things that could be taken as mocking. Also its a droid, not a Mechanized Suit like it was designed to be by the artist... the point is you can't have the concept of a Mecha in tech. You can have things look like them, edited and not have all the fancy gizmos and stuff. But you can have things that look like them. There are some cool things out there, but no Mecha they're not star wars.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Sorry, it wasn't supposed to be mocking. I actually lost track of where I was and messed up my grammar, then realized it after I posted and edited that in. D:

Nyxie

【夢狐】
General idea: Mechs = Okay. Mecha = Not Okay.

This is an example of a mech.
STI-104_Justifier.jpg

This is an example of a mecha. With an "a."
1aq.jpg

[member="Nyxie"], [member="Captain Larraq"]

You're bandying semantics, and schematics too.

The rules are clear that it must conform to the idea of Star Wars. Do you remember when those giant Pacific Rim mechs invaded Geonosis? Me either. What is and is not the idea of Star Wars comes down to the judgement of the FJ judging the submission. That is what it is about everything.

If you're unsure, ASK. We try not to bite....

Lets look at Mech Assualt Titanfall...but oh...we can add Mas Effect aliens and Aliens....Predators....its hypocritical. there needs ti be a give here. A walker needs two pilots so does a Pacific Rm. It isn't fair to us who want a mecha. there needs be a compromise here.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Romeo is drunk and may or may not post stupid things to the forum. Please please PLEASE do not ban him or anything! I'm trying to talk him out of it.

Valiens Nantaris said:
[member="Romeo Sin"]

Mechs have always been banned from here, and will always be denied. Walkers are not giant battle suits, with arms, integrated jets or rockets.
This has always been the case.

Find a concept, think of a starwars spin for it, then techstack, devthread, techstack.

I could get Voltron approved if I really, really, really wanted to.

Oh yeah, it'd get retroactively denied as soon as I used it. But for about five minutes, it would be hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom