Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO] Knighting — Iris Arani

slapalogoonit.png

7BUIiLq.png

The Knighting Ceremony of the Jedi was a time of pride, joy, and celebration for any Jedi Order. Across time it had been the mark of growth in both Master and Apprentice. He smiled and clapped for young the young Knight, but all he could do was wonder. Wonder if he would ever see this ceremony for his own Padawan, still lost to him in Mandalorian space.

Someone had said that the Alliance had some sort of agreement with the Enclave but if that were true then why was Sola still not returned? He'd heard of dark things in Mandalorian space. The dead rising, a return of the Dark Harvest. He tossed and turned in the night wondering if the Mandalorians had gotten to her or if the dead had.

'She'll return when she is ready,' one Master had told him when he confided in them. 'Never trust a Mandalorian.' HE said. He would find her, on his own if he had to.

Be careful what you wish for.
"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." - Fred DeVito
Caltin was there. He wanted to be there for every ceremony like this as it was important, not just for the Padawan becoming a Knight but for those around them, him included. Truth be told, he did not really know what he was going to say as he put away his lightsaber after the "lift" ritual (to which he had a paintbrush grasped in the same hand as well, probably no one would see it but him but it made him laugh inwardly. As everyone was approaching her and offering their well wishes and congratulations, the massive Jedi Master stayed back. He was not "anti-social" but these sorts of interactions brought out the "awkward" in him... odd really.

When he finally had the chance to walk up and say something, like the last ceremony, Caltin offered a bow unlike his normal head nod. He had heard her say "Iris is fine" but Vanagor was still for the protocol and tradition of this. It might be his link to his past, it might be an annoying habit, who really cared at this point, the day was about there being one less Padawan and one more Knight in the Order.

Not going to lie. When you and I first met on Rhen Var, you gave me a bad impression about you. At the time I believed that you were more interested in painting than representing what the Order meant to generations of Jedi...

Cracking his neck, the big man continued his point.

... having the privilege of watching you grow into the person standing before everyone today is proof that the Force works in mysterious ways. You have not just grown into a Jedi deserving of the achievement that is "Jedi Knight", but in many respects you represent exactly what I have hoped the Jedi Order would become one day. An Order needed for educational purposes, not combative. Well done, well deserved and May the Force be with you.

With that, he bowed to both (former) student and Master and backed into the crowd once more.
tag: Iris Arani Iris Arani | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | Kat Decoria Kat Decoria | Kara Jade Kara Jade | Giselle von Ascania Giselle von Ascania | Thelma Goth Thelma Goth |

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

It was an idle and undecided hand that hovered over the strewn about food as a slow and deliberate series of steps carried the Jedi beside the table, in search of some form of a meal. His hairs rose on the nape of his neck in the process and with it came a moment of silent hesitation and a wince, all too conscious of eyes burrowed onto him with the added sense of whom. Corin breathed, uneasy.

He turned with an added, forced smile. The Sword of the Jedi was hailed as the finest example of their kind, in some sense, Corin certainly failed to compare in regards to their ideals. Perhaps it was best the Jedi fell into the role of a Sentinel, cast out of the temples and into the streets with the common man and woman.

"I've been well... erh, Master." He answered, "And you?"

Corin looked across to Iris and all her crowded friends. "It must be a big day for you too?" His eyes settled back onto Valery.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Outfit | XoXo
Location | New Cov | Temple
Tag | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

"I'm doing quite well," Valery said with a soft smile. She looked a bit tired, partially because of this last stretch to get Iris Knighted, but also because she was preparing to go back into the war and lead the Jedi at the front. It's where she always felt most in her element, and with the Maw making bigger moves again, it was time for her to strike back.

But still, she looked a lot better than in recent months.

"It is a big day. I've spent years training her and she has been with me in both good and bad times." She looked from Corin to Iris briefly, watching her interact with others at the ceremony. "I'm sure Dagon would also agree that very few things compare to this rewarding feeling." Her fiery eyes now shifted back to Corin again.

"Are you thinking about training a Padawan yourself? Or settling into the new role first?"

ValSword.png

The prospect of it left Corin with little more than dread. His own entrance into the Jedi Order was filled with trials and tribulations, times more difficult than any other. He was a punish to train, so filled with vocal disdain for much of that occurred across countless systems, on his own system. He found a cathartic release in those extra duties on Denon, but the involvement of more and more like-minded individuals on that crime-infested world seemed to have worsened the situation there. To toss another young man or woman into that world, his world, was an awful idea.

It was almost as if a bead of sweat formed across his brow.

He almost laughed, an amused smile stretched across his lips. "Something tells me that isn't the best of ideas. I doubt I'd be much of a positive influence on a young Padawan."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

With all the time Brandyn had spent away from the Temple, he had never actually seen an knighting ceremony. Well, he had seen in the holofilms that inspired him to want to be a Jedi as a child. As he made his way in what could have been termed a power-walk, Brandyn found himself musing on some of his favourite scenes. He settled on the knighting scene for Janne Krinnex in Scales from the Eyes of the Jedi as his favourite. The actress being his childhood crush had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Finally arriving at the scene of the knighting, Brandyn could here the voices of those milling about, and wondered if it was yet to begin. Then it hit him. He was late.

"Aw, dammit," he said, glancing at and slapping his watch.

Typical.

Last edited:
Oh, what a great day it was. Anytime there was a promotion to Knighthood which Aiden had attended several already. It always brought warm and good feelings to his heart. The council trusted that individual enough and placed a more heightened responsibility upon them. Because they could bear that burden and they would not falter in the darkness. Forever be a beacon of light and hope in the galaxy. Standing firm together as Jedi Knights, Guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy.

He had merely known Iris Arani Iris Arani through training classes and that even that transpired in the front of the Jedi Temple. But his first thought was she was headstrong, and always put the protecting of others first and foremost. That was what he gathered in their short time of being amongst one another. Aiden was incredibly proud of her.

"Good luck Iris. And may the force be with you." Aiden whispered, as he clapped his hands lightly with a big smile on his face.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

Jand stood silently toward the back of the observing crowd, dressed in his usual Jedi robes, as his gray eyes watched proceedings.

Since arrival at the Jedi Order, Iris had been a fairly consistent companion, with the pair engaged in a number of tasks - some simple, such as training, others more complex, like missions. But, throughout those half a dozen months, Jand had felt that Iris' development had been apparent. She had worked hard, given a lot of herself, to earn the title of Jedi Knight.

Under no delusion about how popular Iris was within the Jedi Order, Jand knew many others were closer and had known her longer, so he remained unobtrusive and hung back like some others. The intent was to be supportive, to be present for the important moment of Iris', and to appreciate the elevation of a friend.

"Well done."

Jand said, mainly to himself, as a small smile crossed his lips. Were Iris and Jand to catch the other's eye, the pale Padawan would nod, but ultimately wouldn't remain for the celebration, as time was short and his presence needed for other things. Still, a celebratory passing by was warranted, if only for Jand to show encouragement for the new Jedi Knight.

As the crowd moved, Jand turned and started for other areas of the temple...

Seeing the chance to move in and give her congratulations to Iris Arani Iris Arani , Kat shifted through the group and smiled to the newly made Knight. "Well done on your rise. I look forward to seeing what type of Jedi you will become and if you ever want to do some more healing then sure we will cross paths at healing centres." Kat chuckled as she smiled to the others that were surrounding Iris. She gave them a short nod as she stepped away and wandered back. Looking around to see what others were up to.

What did people get up to in these knighting ceremonies once they had given their congratulations? Seemed that some were heading to the food, Kat headed in that direction and inspected the food on available, curious which would be the vegetarian options and which of those would be the tastiest in appearance.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | New Cov
Tag | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

When he began to smile and dismissed the idea of training Padawans, Valery tilted her head slightly, "As a Knight, shouldn't you strife for being a good influence on them, rather than accept that you're not?" She asked before her gaze shifted back out to those gathering around Iris and celebrating her big moment. There was no way she could take credit for Iris' training alone — many had contributed to the woman and Jedi she was today.

But without a doubt, the time spent between them had a tremendous impact. Many other young Jedi relied on it, especially those with tougher backgrounds or underlying problems they can't tackle alone. Jedi Knights were needed to help guide those Padawans in these times of war.

"Perhaps you don't feel ready now, but we do always need more Jedi to help guide these new generations. I once needed it, and I'm sure you did as well under Dagon." Of course, there were other ways to help the Jedi, and training Padawans wasn't for all, but it was at least something important to consider. There was also a difference between actively training them and just being a good influence.

ValSword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom