Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Night of the Star Cross [ CIS ]

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Event1.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure

This was a social Gerwald could not avoid. When a party is being thrown in honor of a new school for the Knights Obsidian, then as a member of the Knights Obsidian, Gerwald felt he had no choice. He knew he would not be the only one there with those sentiments as many of the Knights were not the type to wear fancy clothes and show off their manners. Gerwald had few of those, both the fancy clothes and manners. It was something Naedira had been pushing Gerwald to change, and it was because of her influence that he brought himself to make those changes in the first place.
The first place Gerwald went was the bar. Ever since Naedira had made the mistake of bringing him a fruity drink because the establishment did not have a proper mead, Gerwald had always stopped for two drinks.
"Whiskey... and fruity cocktail... with a little umbrella thing in it."
A small chuckle escaped his mouth as the drinks were handed to him. For some reason Gerwald dared to take a sip from the cocktail before snubbing his nose at it once more.
"Yup... still disgusting..."
Gerwald needed to hand the drink off to the nearest person he could find. That was when his eyes set on Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris . He should have avoided the Master, but there was something about him since Naedira's death which drew him in. It was as though the held a piece of Naedira with him, or something. Gerwald could not explain it other than it was one of the reasons he was certain Naedira was still alive somehow. He knew she did not live in body, but there was part of her that was still alive somewhere, and Gerwald would find her. There was so much he owed her, but it would be a lie if Gerwald said that was his only motivation. Gerwald was in love with her, and wanted the chance to at least tell her.
Swallowing his pride, or shame, Gerwald ventured over to the Master, and the white haired woman he knew to be Lunara Azure Lunara Azure . Tipping his head, he bowed to Lunara and nodded to Alkor. The cocktail was handed to the Master, while Gerwald kept the whiskey for himself.
"I trust all of you are doing well? It seems as though this is a good night for a celebration. Lunara you look nice, and Master Centaris you seem to clean up well for someone who does not frequent these events much."
Gerwald was not sure if that is what was proper manners wise. If Valencia Hadley were there, she would soon remind him, or Naedira would if she were there. Oh how the lupine missed his friend. He sighed, the smile on his face not reaching as high as it once did. Gerwald was broken, still, and there was not much to be done until the Knight himself was ready to move on.
"May I join the two of you?"

Last edited:
Event3.png

Wearing:Sayormi Traditional Garb
Tags: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Aisha Aisha Alluria Ivalice Alluria Ivalice

Smiling to the Nightmother, Scàth turned to give one last wishful look at the dragons. What it would be to live a simple life amongst them, to soar through the lochs and fjords of the world, living upon the bounty of the land and to see its beauty every night from the sky.

But, that is not my path.

Many were the distractions that called to the Sayormi but he would never relent from the path he walked. Too many had crossed over to the paths of the Dead Forest in order for him to be where he stood and he would not allow their sacrifice be in vain.

"They are indeed, most wonderful. I would be curious to see what affect they would have upon my garden."

Since he had joined the Mandragora and the opportunities if afforded, Scàth had found a natural skill in various studies of flora and was always keen to see what new hybrids and crossbreeding would come about from external stimulus.

"But I forget myself, tonight is a celebration!"

With a laugh, he threw his hands up into the air before walking alongside the Nightmother. Looking down upon the other Mandragora within the area, the smile faded slightly but still remained. He was a member of this tribe now and it was time he acted like it.

"I admit I Níor chomhlíon siad, I uh have not yet made their acquaintance." He translated hurriedly. It was still hard at times not to resort to his native Sayormi but, he was determined to learn his new tribes language.

I will not be an outsider again.

Looking again, there were two females who also seemed to take comfort in the presence of the Dragons. Gesturing to the pair, he turned to his mentor.

"Would you assist me in remedying this Nightmother?"

Event1.png

Wearing: This
Interacting with: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

sSrPdn.png
"Well, one has to do their best to not let the side down."

The white-haired woman reached up with one hand to adjust her hair, smoothing it down as she turned ever so slightly, tilting her head to the side as she nodded at the approaching Knight. Blue eyes flicked over his hands, staring at the drinks he held before one eyebrow arched up an amused light dancing in the backs of her eyes.

"I see how it is, Master Centaris gets a drink and I don't get anything? I see who you like more here."

Her eyes dropped sadly down to her almost empty wine glass, head tilting back as she drained the last of her wine, the glass floating off into the night to settle on a tray as the woman put it out of her mind. She'd get another one in a moment, for now, though, she let her eyes flick over the lupine's frame before tilting her head at Alkor.

"He really does, doesn't he? Just the right look for someone trying to fit in but not stand out."

Unlike her, but then she'd always thought that if you were going to do something, then you dress to impress, at least that's what her tutors had drilled into her head again and again. To be honest, she didn't hate the dress, the truth was she loved the way it caught the light and the feeling of the fabric but still there was a part of her that longed for her normal clothes, something less fancy and showy. It just wasn't who she'd become, who she'd spent the last few years being moulded into.

Lunara had come to the Confederacy too late to really experience the problems that had seemed to catch her two companions up, both of them wrapped up in their own issues and problems. Neither seemed particularly comfortable in the social setting, but then, it did take some getting used to. SO, if someone had to make them feel more comfortable then she was more than upto the task. A mischevious smile danced across her face as one hand came up, gesturing at the brooding Dark Jedi.

"Master Centaris was just mentioning how much he enjoyed being a wallflower, I was just wondering which one he most resembled. But, since you're here, what do you think Gerwald?"

Event1.png

cis-postdiv-new-animated3.gif
Objective: Boo
Tags: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Reappearing in the realspace was like being born. The dimensional hellscape she frequented, part of the Netherworld, was dimly lit and infused with a sense of despair. Lines of magma lit jagged pathways while she ran from the beasts that kept her lifeforce trapped. They were thrice her size and more fearsome than anything she had ever encountered. She could not win against them any more than she would prevail against the Mountain. It was only the fact that her spirit was strong, stronger than the body, that left her whole.
Mostly. Sometimes, she forgot things.
Everything was bright. Too bright. For a few scant moments, she couldn’t make out any of the moving objects in the room. They were too blurry. Beings that she knew in the Force came first. Sometimes, she could recognize their signature, before she could remember their names. Reality returned to her with a jolt. It felt like a bolt of lightning striking. Fierce, wild, but there and gone in an instant. The expansive Banquet Hall came in to focus with crystalline precision.
She breathed in, even though, she didn’t breathe at all. It was a reflex. There was only one thing she had felt since her untimely passing. Pain. The shadowed creatures that chased her through the ether took joy in stripping down her mind. They laughed, gravelly, and cruel while her memories became sacrifices for the right not to dissipate. Naedira did not wish to surrender. She did not wish to be nothing.
The slender female stepped out of the shadow of Alkor Centaris. She was incorporeal, but the motion was fluid, complete, as if she had always been. Tawny eyes looked between Alkor and Gerwald for a long moment. It took time. Time to remember them. Eventually, she did and her focus settled on an attractive female she did not know. Her right hand fell to her hip while it cocked to the side and her thumb directed at the rather gloomy men in question. “These two suck at celebrating—”
Pause. Full stop. Was this a party?
“Unless it’s a funeral. In which case—You’re golden.”
Her consciousness was there. This ghostly being was indeed Naedira Darcrath. Only, she had changed. She was not whole. The former Knight Obsidian knew that she had died but there was a disconnect as to how she acknowledged it. The truth was there. But, it was also awful. It was better not to see.
When she glanced down at her form, she could only cringe. Being translucent was bad enough. Everyone else was clothed in expensive items and flourishing silks. Naedira had been pulled from the ether in the outfit of the last memory she’d lost. The last time she’d returned to Naboo. Familial duties had been a burden she was less than pleased to bare, however, her father had called; she could not refuse. Another party. She didn’t know why. A birthday? The white and black dress she wore was distinctly in the style of Theed and her lip curled. “Force-sakes, this is ugly.”
Another thing she didn’t know. Could anyone else see her? Sometimes it was only Alkor because he possessed what tethered her. Sometimes, she scared the crap out of people. She couldn’t help but let her gaze linger. Gerwald. She hadn’t seen him in what felt like forever. She had questions for everyone present, but, she could only be grateful for the reprieve. Her ghost was beautiful. As lovely as she had ever been. Her spirit, however, was damaged beyond repair.
The Force would tell the story she did not. Fear, anger, pain—Terror. Sarcasm and a sassy expression hid it deeply. She didn’t want Alkor to feel more responsible than he already did. The expression that Gerwald wore…She knew it. Suffering. Rather than dwell in the limited time she had she changed the subject to the blonde in the sea form green dress.
“So…She’s cute. Do either of you have dibs?”

Alkor smelled the liquor long before it ever reached his hand. The Force moved differently for various individuals. Some men felt it most strongly through their actions, while others connected with it through objects, moments in time, or places they went. Each of them were unique and for Alkor, it was his senses.

Driven by a tyrannical master to develop and hone his perceptions, he now deeply loathed that man. The affront to alcohol that Lechner passed to him reeked of fruit more than it stank of spirits. He could taste the way they twisted together into a perverse amalgam of flavor, and none of it struck him as appealing. He quickly turned his wrist, drink and all, to Lunara as she joked about how Gerwald preferred Alkor to herself.

"By all means," the Dark Jedi said stiffly. He kept his face turned away from the cocktail and wore a flat expression. At that point, his fingers were moving idly over the ring that hung from his neck, a grim reminder of a duty that he constantly tried to forget.

"You're free to join us, Knight Lechner," Alkor replied evenly. "You're looking well," he added, reminded of events that left the younger man near death. They were closely intermingled with the object he absently groped. The strings of fate woven in translucent silvery gold were apparent to Alkor, though no one else could perceive them.

They were the reason he kept his eyes averted. The Force kept reminding him of his failures. As if not to be defied, the strands tugged something else into view.

Alkor heard her voice, and his gaze snapped around.

When she spoke, she addressed the others. Could they see her? Could they feel her? Did she come solely to torment him, the way she was wont to do?

It had been a good amount of time since her last visit. Alkor had taken to retreat within Ysalamiri bubbles, or meditation in places where the darkness dominated and her captors prevailed in strength. Anything to keep his sanity against the foreign feeling of guilt.

Then, she asked a ridiculous question.

Alkor glared at her in the scornful way he always had.

Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Lunara Azure Lunara Azure Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath

Amaris Tanenat

A
Event1.png

Tags: Val Drutin

Amaris squinted at the short human as she thought about what to do with him. Her tail behind her flicked from side to side in quick motions. He called her out for being a fake server. Firstly, how rude. Secondly, well he wasn't exactly wrong. But, that didn't change Amaris' unamused expression.

Her blue eyes scanned their surroundings for a second before she stepped behind one of the columns, motioning for him to follow her as she tried to figure out some type of explanation. He did, though, admit he wasn't a server either. She had a strong feeling about such to begin with. What was he doing here? Exploring? She was a little bit worried about the security of the place, if two fake servers got in. Knowing her luck, those in charge probably already knew they were here. They also probably knew Amaris was harmless... Well, excluding the food expenditure of their budget, anyway.

"I have two goals here tonight, sir," she stated while she pointed two fingers up. "The first is to get some of that dessert that'll be served in a couple hours. The second is to somehow get invited back so I don't have to wear this ugly old drab next time," her hands motioned to the unpleasant server's dress.

"There are few greater things in life than eating good, delicious food. And this is one of those times that nothing else matters," she confirmed with a quick nod. "You're just here to explore?" She asked after a pause as a brow perked. Exploring wouldn't be a bad option instead of just wandering around until someone either caught onto her. Granted, she hadn't expected another fake server to catch her ruse first.

She picked a piece off the platter and munched it contently.

Event2.png

WEARING: This
ACCOMPANIED BY: Thyra
TAGS: Tallara Tallara Ciri Jade Ciri Jade
Voph paused as he drew near the junior member of the Knights Obsidian. He frowned under his helmet slightly as he remembered her rather keenly from the operation he'd help Locke run on Constine. He remembered she'd abandoned them on the eve of battle. But then, he'd learned the girl had a very...strict set of ideals. And for that, he could not fault her. He did, however, find himself hoping that her ideals would not be at his own expense. His hands rose to his helmet, and removed it from his head. It was clipped to the belt around his waist as Voph nodded in greeting to Tallara. "Peaceful tonight, is it not?" Voph turned his mind to look at the sky above him, head soon turning to follow. Thyra chirped from his shoulder, and Voph sighed quietly.

"I always did wonder what beings such as you see when you look at the sky like that. Must be calming."

Voph's gaze fell to the ground, noticing that others had begun to populate the gardens. It seemed that contemplation and meditation were in order for a number of individuals this evening. He turned back to the immediate companion within the clearing, and said, "For all the time you have been one of us, I do not know that we have spoken. Not officially anyways. Tallara, was it not?" Voph moved to a bench nearby, calling out with the Force to move it closer to where Tallara sat. His cape gathered around his left arm, obscuring it from view, but was tossed aside so as not to sit on it when Voph claimed a place on the bench.

His gaze turned back to the nearest other individual, whom he recognized from a number of operations as a Confederate Operative. Ministry of Secrets, if he recalled correctly. She had helped him on Vylmira during the uprising. And for that, the girl had his unending gratitude. She had the same aura of thought and contemplation that Tallara did. Voph turned his head back towards the blue skinned girl, and offered a gentle smile.
"What brings you to the gardens? I had thought for sure someone of your sense of duty would have been locked away at a guard post somewhere."

Val Drutin

V
Event1.png

Val was just finishing the hors d'oevure he'd taken from her tray when Amaris Tanenat ushered him behind one of the pillars. He scurried after her, enjoying the conspiratorial direction this conversation was taking.

He watched attentively as she held up two fingers - claws, more like. And was that fur? Well, she was a cat girl.

"I have two goals here tonight, sir. The first is to get some of that dessert that'll be served in a couple hours. The second is to somehow get invited back so I don't have to wear this ugly old drab next time," her hands motioned to the unpleasant server's dress.

"Very ugly," Val agreed - and promptly tore off his server's uniform with a satisfying ripping noise, letting it fall on the floor in front of him.

"There are few greater things in life than eating good, delicious food. And this is one of those times that nothing else matters," she confirmed with a quick nod. "You're just here to explore?"

"Ye-es," he drawled in a singsong voice, rolling his eyes. He'd said as much already, hadn't he? "I can't just sit here and stuff my face - no offense. Got to watch my figure." He batted his long, thick eyelashes at her. "You wouldn't tell anyone I was here, would you?"

Event1.png

Evening Wear | Dress
Tags | Open

It had been some time since the previous soiree that she had attended and apparently won some kind of costume contest that she didn't even realize she'd entered until after the award was announced. That alone should go to show just how often she got out of the office or bothered with these little events; though it was something she figured she would need to work on for the future. A heavy sigh slipped passed her lips as golden hues slowly scanned the crowd, carefully looking for those that would otherwise immediately fall upon her due to her own rank. Bringing her glass to her lips, she took a long draw upon the sanguine liquid within.

From what she'd already seen though, it seemed that her presence wasn't all that needed, nor was it likely going to be missed if she decided to slip out unannounced at some later point. For the moment though she figured it was only 'nice' and socially acceptable for her to remain for some time, and at the very least she could be kind enough to greet a few of the party goers. With another heavy sigh she kept cradled the glass in her hand, carefully sipping upon the liquid before deciding to slip off to the side of the room.

After all, while she wasn't one for dancing, she could at the very least aid in holding up the wall; a skill she was very talented in when it came to such soirees. Shifting ever so slightly, she found herself rather comfortable as she leaned up against the pillar, her golden hues remained carefully scanning the crowd. More than anything it was to ensure her time to prepare or otherwise hide from those within the Confederacy that she didn't want to speak to, or otherwise engage with at that moment.

Event3.png

Wearing: Royal Red Armor
Tags: Scàth Mhaolàin Scàth Mhaolàin | Aisha Aisha | Alluria Ivalice Alluria Ivalice | Open

"Before or after they trampled it?" Vytal smiled over at the man that tended flora with no small skill. Were Pom still with them the two might have gotten along well; Scàth in growing ingredients, and her fellow Nightsister in brewing them. So long as they overlooked the Sayormi being male. Though even that would bring cheer listening to whatever mutters followed some disagreement in methodology or focus.

"I would. Our Sisters and Brothers should commune together. Strong we may each become, but together our power is unstoppable." No matter how strong a Sith got their philosophy was one of dogged individualism. Vytal, however, came from a society that reveered Circle Magic. Each had a strength, but used together the Mandragora could lay waste to a host of enemies before the sun hit its zenith.

She guided their course to the closest of two women that had come. "Alluria," the Omwati's attention had been with the winged rancor as they drew near. The pale, blue-gray woman was physically quite striking in the eyes of the Dathomiri. There were times when the young woman suffered bouts, but that did not steer Vytal away. If anything, someone of such potential was in need of company that would weather whatever came. "This is our new Mandragoran Brother, Scàth Mhaolàin. He has come to us with knowledge and a desire to learn." The particulars she would leave to the man to describe and perhaps regale another with his abilities. "Scàth, this is our Sister Alluria Ivalice. You may find she has many insights that would benefit growing of even the most delicate of plant-life." Much as they sought to grow things in natural environments built in the Valley of Life, some required specialized habitats -- due to unique needs or their invasive nature. Technology was not feared by the Mandragora, merely put to appropriate use.

Aisha was not far either. The other Dathomiri Witch sat poised to watch those above as Alluria had. She wouldn't call out and shatter the peace many in the area sought. Perhaps the spirits would find it in Aisha's heart to draw her; or they would make their way to her shortly. Introducing Scàth was a godo excuse to make sure they were all doing well, and had not put off seeking assistance for anything that ailed them.

Amaris Tanenat

A
Event1.png

Tags: Val Drutin

Amaris could tell he was enjoying this too much. She nearly scowled at the short man, but it was also fairly amusing. And it was funny, after all, that they had both managed to be servers - to supposedly explore and for herself, to eat. And to be fair, what was a girl to do to get a good meal?

Clearly dressing up as a fake server and going into a high class party made the most sense. To give herself some justice though, her plans rarely if ever worked out correctly. She was half-surprised she made it this far. Either way, she was just grateful to be enjoying heavenly food. If she did get kicked out soon... Well, she had gotten a full course practically. But man, she saw the dessert menu and it would be really disappointing...

She gave a nod at his agreement. It was surprisingly bad... Although, it was probably because droids had replaced anything biological and it was probably more outdated than anything. What she hadn't expected was for him to suddenly tear his server's uniform off. The rip and its subsequent fall left her paralyzed for a brief moment as she processed exactly what happened.

Processing. Maybe she was a droid, herself? Her ears fully perked and puffed. And her tail immediately puffed out even more, it's swaying stopping. What if he had just blown their cover? She huffed, peering around the column as she tried to see if anyone heard or cared enough to investigate. "I won't tell if you don't tell," she said quietly after a second. "How'd you manage to even get here to explore? Also, you're very brave - and if you get me kicked out of here before desserts, I will... Be very upset," she muttered, not really having any type of credible threat which clearly showed with her somewhat amused expression.

Val Drutin

V
Event1.png

"I'm not actually here. I'm projecting my image via the astral plane." Raising his arms limply over his head, Val wiggled his fingers and gave a ghostly moan. "Oooooo..."

It was total bull, of course, but he doubted cat girl would be willing to touch him and confirm whether he was telling the truth. He liked Amaris Tanenat so far, and not just because she looked cute and cuddly with her big cat ears perked and her tail fluffing even more, or because she'd bothered to talk to him at all. She'd called him brave. Fierce. Courageous. Upsetting. Oh, where had he heard that before? Or rather, how many times had he heard that before? No matter what he did, someone was always hung up about it afterward.

In his experience, people tended to act just as erratically as he did, if not more so. When he beat up some Jawas in the middle of a public festival, no one lifted a finger to stop him. But when he snuck into a fancy-schmancy party, doing nothing to hurt anyone, suddenly everything was cloak-and-dagger. If the universe wasn't going to make sense, why should he?

He let his hands drop to his sides, his expression indignant. "You took the time to steal a frumpy uniform, sneak in here, and all you're going to do is wait around for dessert? That's laaaame. Kitty, you need to live life to the fullest."

And by that he meant she needed to fulfill her destiny and become his exploring buddy. Taking her hand - his own was so small it almost looked like a child's in hers - he started pulling her along. Or tried to. She was a rather big cat, and he was just a 5'4" manlet, even with his lean dancer's physique. Ow, were those her claws digging into him...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Event1.png

Wearing: Beskar'gam
Tag: Tia Aurelius Tia Aurelius | Val Drutin | Amaris Tanenat

Isley hated droids.

With the exception of a thunderous Bes'uliik, the automatons that had crossed his path had been the definition of irksome. It mattered not how many credits he spent on a "decent" model, they couldn't so much as weld a pauldron together properly without malfunctioning. As footsoldiers? Sure, they could eat blaster bolts in his stead any time. But any task outside of that? He'd prefer working with his own kind than a bucket of bolts. A splash of water or excessive humidity wouldn't kriff up a Human after all. So it was that the Mandalorian attempted to keep his life as Droid free as possible. But, when one lived and worked in the Droid capital of the Galaxy, that was a task that was nigh impossible.

He could keep his home as organic as he wanted - but setting foot into a public space was just asking for automatons to chit all over his day. Such was life.

On this particularly lovely day, Isley found himself on the planet Roon. A shindig had been thrown in honor of the local Viceroy and to warm the new home of the Knights Obsidian. On paper, this was not the sort of affair one would find the Mandalorian frequenting. However. The Guild had managed to sell his services as light security for the event. Sure, there were droids. Sure, there was an entire sect of Force sensitives in the building. But this was their night to kick back - at least, that's how the Guild sold it. Didn't much matter to Isley. Free drinks and a paycheck? Sign him the feth up.

As was the case with any security worth their salt, the Mandalorian took to orbiting the festivities. He kept to the outside - drink in one hand, helm tucked under his other arm - and roamed about the pillars. He kept his interactions with the guests to a minimum. His interactions with the droids even less so. It was a pain in the ass finding a human who was serving tonight, so even this was his first drink thus far. With his gaze sweeping the event, he saw many faces he recognized. Top brass here. Politician there. Knights, Knights, and even more Knights.

But there was one face he hadn't expected to see. One that was - quite literally - like a daughter to him. His fist tightened around his glass as his gaze fell upon her. She picked a neat dress for the occasion and was carrying herself quite well. If Isley didn't know her personally, he'd have said she belonged. "Tia." he said aloud, unsure if his voice would reach her ears over the noise. If he were lucky, she'd see him raise his almost empty glass to her and motion for her to join him. If she didn't...ah well, let the girl have fun no?

In the moment, it was high time he saw about refreshing his glass. Thus his steps bore him ever forward...and damn near saw him sail headfirst into the tile. Steadying himself, he looked down to see an apron had caught on his boot, damn near tripping him. "What the actual f-" he began, turning about. And there stood two...servers? Or, one server and one who was wearing...tights. The Mandalorian lofted a brow and waved his glass towards them. "What's all this then? Couldn't have picked a better spot to swap spit on the job?"

Fething kids.
Verd-Divider.png

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Event1.png

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath

"Thank you both for allowing me to join you, and I do apologize, miss Azure, the whiskey belongs to someone else,” Gerwald said. It would be noticed to any who looked the drink remained untouched. While Gerwald held it, he did not drink from it. Why would he? His little ritual held only one purpose. It forced Gerwald to remember a time when he was happy. Yes, he missed Naedira, and the memory certainly reminded him of that, but it was also the last night he remembered being truly happy. For once he could simply be Gerwald.

Truth be told, that was why the lupine loved Naedira so much. She was the only woman in his life among many others who did not want him to be someone he was not. Gerwald was simply able to be himself, and Naedira was happy with that. He liked to think she even liked him for who he was. Alwine, Katrine, Scherezade, all of them wanted something from him, or wanted him to become someone he was not. Naedira looked at the wolf, warrior, and killer, and never once had asked him to change. In fact, she encouraged the darkness which laid buried within.

A smirk pulled at Gerwald’s lips, slight, but noticeable, when Lunara gave her commentary on what kind of wallflower Alkor might be. Gerwald shrugged.

“My exact kind perhaps,” he said with another shrug.

It was a question the Lupine did not know how to answer. Gerwald was not an expert at all on the concept of what a wallflower was. Perhaps it was because he was one himself, at least when it came to these kind of events. Gerwald was content to observe rather than be seen, but tonight, he was determined to make a chance. Being seen with Alkor and Lunara would certainly be a change from the corner or shadow he always hid in.

The shadows, they hid many things, and in this case the ghost of a woman who had been dead these past months. Gerwald heard her voice before he saw her. His face nearly lost its color, and he went quiet. His eyes said what he could not get his lips to say. They were focused, locked on the corporeal form of the beautiful knight which had captured Gerwald’s affections.

He had been right. There was something of her still alive. That meant there was hope.

The glass of whiskey which he held in his hand was set on the table near where Naedira’s form stood.

“Give a good glass of honey mead and the feasting tables among the working class on Stewjon and I will show you a real celebration,” Gerwald retorted back as if talking to a ghost was perfectly normal.

Gerwald tried to ignore what he could feel off of her in the force. She was not safe. Torture and torment were what she knew among the dead, and it pained Gerwald to know he could not end it for her in that instant. His smile would widen, become full, if only for her. Whatever world it was she would return to, she at least deserved to see Gerwald wear a smile. His eyes regarded her dress as she commented on her attire. He became curious. Could she search his mind for something else? What were the reaches of their bond now that she held no form?

“The dress you wore when we last danced, do you remember it, could you search my mind for it still?”

He should not have remembered the dress to the detail he had, and yet it was there. If Naedira ever went searching around his mind beyond the respect the two had always shown, she would discern why. Gewald was convinced she knew, however, without having to search. Still, it was one more thing that had been left unsaid which Gerwald intended to remedy.

Gerwald did not mean to suddenly ignore the others he was with, but his eyes and actions said everything. This was the behavior of a lovesick pup who missed the woman he loved. They had not seen each other since before her death at Taanab. They had been assigned different places, and Gerwald had not been able to keep his promise. How he wanted to apologize to her, but he knew what she would say, and tonight, Gerwald was not going to make her say it. Now that he had seen her, Gerwald knew the day would come when he would apologize to her in person.

She asked after Lunara. Did either of the men have dibs?

Gerwald chuckled.

“I have just joined… I believe Master Centaris was with her first.”

Where Alkor’s look had been scornful, Gerwald’s was playful, suggestive even. From the moment they had met, Gerwald and Naedira walked a line of playful flirtation. Gerwald simply never expected to be found flirting with her ghost.

Amaris Tanenat

A

Amaris scowled at the human. She tried to fight back a smile, with only one corner tugging upward slightly. If she was in a more argumentative mood, she would likely have shot back about her turning into a tiger under stress, stress that he was (not actually but could have been) causing. Nonetheless, she stayed the peace.

Her blue eyes stared into his soul suspiciously. She clearly didn't know if she could trust the short man or not. Also, now that she could see the outfit more clearly, why was in a dancers uniform? What if he was actually an entertainer and he caught her but was just messing with her?

Okay, maybe a little too paranoid. He seemed surprised at her desire to wait for dessert. "Well, technically, little human, I wanted all the food including and up to dessert. But when I read what the dessert would be..." Her voice rose as her mind thought about just how great it was going to taste. Live her life to the fullest? "I am literally, right now, living my life to the fullest. And by life I mean my stomach is going to be the fullest."

What she hadn't expected was for him to grab her hand and try to drag her along. Amaris nearly gasped as her feet moved forward, but the tray that rested on her hand shook dangerously close to falling.

Only for a man to pop up in front of her and him - it looked as if he tripped over the server's outfit that the other man had ripped off. Her eyes immediately glared at him. This is what she got, yep. Rather oblivious to who it was, she gasped at his comments. Firstly, she was a lady. Secondly, he was much too short for her. And thirdly, she wasn't confident she was his type to begin with.

"Uhhhh," she hummed after a second, quickly detaching her hand from his as her ears flattened entirely. Amaris glanced back to Isley, scowling. "Okay, firstly, he's a bit too short for my taste. No offense," she muttered to her friend? Fellow conspirator? Dancing human? "And uh... Need a refill, of uh... Drink, sir?" She muttered nervously, trying to blend into the server role once more as one ear perked up to full attention while the other still held down. And bam, a big, happy, smile plastered across her face.

Maybe she should have actually practiced talking to someone as a server first... She was just caught a little bit off guard.

Val Drutin

V
Event1.png

Val had evidently changed his mind and was busy prying Amaris Tanenat 's claws out of the palm of his hand when Isran Varad Isran Varad approached. The color drained from his face at the Mandalorian's words, and he looked like he might faint at the mere insinuation of romantic entanglement. The only thing that kept him grounded was the half-serious tone the conversation had taken, as Amaris politely declined, smiled to diffuse the tension, and tried to change the subject.

He recovered just enough to swallow his indignation and focus on their current predicament. "You're not serving drinks," he whispered back to Amaris, before turning his attention to the Mandalorian. He crept toward him slowly. "Hello sir, I don't believe we've met," he said, dipping his head courteously. "I am Valerian Drutin, part of this evening's entertainment."

His eyes drifted downward, landing on the discarded apron. "Ah, I wonder who could've left that there? How careless." He stooped and gracefully picked it up, holding it between two fingers - a gesture which gave the impression that while he considered himself above a common servant, he was still submissive and respectful to the party guests. The madman had slipped into the dual role of the court jester - a fool when necessary, a perfect gentleman otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Event3.png
Wearing: This

Tags: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura , Scàth Mhaolàin Scàth Mhaolàin , Aisha Aisha , Open

Her eyes followed one fo the rancor as they soar through the sky, observing the subtle shifts in the wings as the air passed over them. Starship designs may impress others, but Alluria found those bearing the natural gift of flight to be more impressive. Fingers shift ever slow slightly shift along the side of the rancor beside her before the voice of the Nightmother catches her ear, calling her by name.

Turning to face the Nightmother, Alluria's electric blue eyes fall upon her, features showing a warm and welcoming expression. Holding her silence, she listened to what she had to say, turning her attention to the one addressed as the newest of the Mandragora. Upon completion of the introductions, her head bowed to the newcomer. "It is a pleasure, brother. As will all other Mandragora, should I be of aid to you, you only need inform me."

Attention turned once more to the Nightmother, eyes following her gaze to the ones above as before. "They are quite a sight to behold. How do you fare on this day, Nightmother?"

“They really do, don’t they? If this is the best the Confederacy has to offer then, I’ve got to admit, I’m more than a little worried for the state of...well sanity here. If you can’t have fun at a party then where for Light’s sake can you?”

The grin that touched the white-haired woman’s lips was playful, almost conspiratorial as crystal-blue eyes danced over the form of the woman who had joined them. Someone who her two companions knew, apparently well if the way they reacted to her presence was anything to go by.

Lunara could feel the light that surrounded them bubbling up, spinning into a storm of emotion around the four of them. The energy of the light swirled and twisted around them, almost a beating heart with the sheer pressure of the emotions roiling off the two men, the waves ebbing and breaking around her and…flowing through the woman. A quick blink and a double-take as she reached out with her senses. Ok…so ghost, some kind of force vision.

Curiosity. It surprised her but Lunara’s first reaction was curiosity. It took her all the control she had not to wave a hand through the woman’s ghostly form, to see just how incorporeal she was, to plumb her form with the senses the light gave her to see just how it was done. It was just…that would have been rude, and that was the last impression she wanted to give. After all, this could have been perfectly natural, Gerwald and Alkor didn’t seem too put out by this after all. All the Zernian could do was to take her cue from them, to act like this was normal and just play along until she could figure out exactly what was going on here.

An amused gaze cut across towards Gerwald, a single eyebrow arching as Lunara shook her head sadly, a teasing smile dancing across her lips.

“So what you’re telling me is that the only way you can have fun is to resort to getting drunk and throwing a party in just that one place then?”

The woman turned a circle, her dress just flaring out ever so slightly around her as she completed her turn, the fabric settling down as she rested her gaze on the Lupine. For a moment she kept the strict look before letting it drop, a small smile drifting across her lips as she turned to stare at Alkor.

“You know, it’s no fun teasing someone who just isn’t paying attention to you anymore. Take the thrill out of the whole thing if you can’t get a reaction. I might as well not bother really.”

It was easy to see just how smitten Gerwald was, how he was unable to tear his eyes of the ghost who had joined them. It was the look of a man who had been offered a sip of water after days travelling under the hot desert sun. It was the look of a man utterly and completely in love, for whom the rest of the world didn’t exist in this moment.

It was the way he’d looked at her.

Unconsciously the white-haired woman’s finger rubbed along a finger, where once a plain band of gold had adorned the slim digit, her other hand reaching for the necklace she wore, pressing the cool metal of the ring against her skin under her dress.

It had been the most ridiculous thing really, something she’d never have expected. She had a plethora of jewellery, some of the pieces in her collection the most intricate and exquisite pieces you had ever seen. Yet it was that plain band hat she always wore on a chain around her neck. The plain band he’d given her. That he’d snuck away from the palace for a few hours a day. What skills did a prince have to speak of? He could politic, lead armies, use the right fork in a state dinner, but technical skills, they weren’t anywhere in his education. It had taken months of physical labour to even save up enough to afford the plain ring...it was something from him, outside of the palace and all the chicanery of their lives.

A gift from a man to the woman he loved.

That day he’d slipped it onto her finger he’d looked at her in the same way that the Lupine stared at the ghost. Lunara could feel that spike of pain, longing and loss mixed into that sharp spike that had driven her away from her home, her friends and family.

The young woman swallowed, fighting the urge to nod over a waiter, to drown her emotions in another glass of wine as she let her gaze flick back to the ghost that had joined them, shaking her head as if offended.

“And I’ll have you know that if anyone here gets to call dibs, I think that’d be me don’t you?”

Last edited:
Event2.png

Tag: | Kyyrk Kyyrk |

Well... stargazing is... something, right?

Calming. Yeah, something like that.

To be fair, Tallara hadn't really engaged with Voph at all in the past -- they'd encountered each other twice recently, if only briefly, and the Knights Obsidian was a small enough organization such that she'd seen him a few times before that. Most of her time was spent away from the Confederacy's home turf anyways; she was always tucked away in the dark, grimy corners of the galaxy. Ministry of Secrets operatives could do the posing and speaking softly, but the Knight had always focused on doing the dirty work and dusting her hands off afterwards. No wonder she wasn't much of a social butterfly.

"I'm not very good company," she replied quietly. At first she didn't move, even as Voph settled into a seat nearby. Still, talking to someone, despite being terrible at it, was better than being left alone with her own thoughts. She could recognize an effort was being made by the other Knight, so she rose to her feet and moved slowly over to sit on the bench. The small furry creature accompanying Voph gave her pause for a moment. Pets always confused her. Animals didn't normally like her, anyways.

Introductions were in order. Tallara nodded at the mention of her own name. "Yeah. I know who you are, don't worry." And then... the real question. "I... I guess I wish I was," she said simply. It seemed that the master had read her well. Her tail coiled around her left leg, as she pulled the other up to rest the heel on the bench.

Tenith Vilde

T
Event1.png

Wearing: [X]
Tags: FN-1138 FN-1138 | Open

She had dared another peek from her not-quite-hiding place, and felt her skin pale a shade or two. While Tenith was very much so aware of the fact that she had to grow used to dealing with people, and seeing lots of people, as it stood right now? She was not used to such things. Before, when she had risen to this place of position on and for Roon, it had never been on her own. She had either her Master or someone close to her at her side to help get her through the more stressful and awkward social bits and pieces. Well tonight, Teni was on her own thus far, surrounded by a sea of people and soulless machines.

Speaking of, when she was approached she wrenched backwards and made quite the noise aloud as she attempted to lean as far away from the informant as she possibly could. Someone was vandalizing the place? Why did that matter to her? This was by no means her home...But, the Knights were her allies, and she did want them happy...

"So...go and fix them..." she waved both of her hands dismissively, still leaning as far back as she possibly could without falling over. Though if the thing got any closer to her, she would end up on her backside just to keep some space between herself and it. Honestly, how did anyone spend their time with droids? It was a concept she still did not understand, something she was quite convinced she did not want to understand, no matter how many times she was told about the conveniences of the blasted things.

To Teni, they could not be trusted. Anything that moved around the way they did without a soul? It wasn't natural, and therefore could not be trusted in her eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom