Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Interim Grandmaster

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Ben's picked me to be Grandmaster, and I'll give it a shot. I'm NOT a Faction Admin, so I'm not capable of promoting people and so forth. What I do have is a very particular set of skills...

But yeah. Your Faction Admins are still in charge of all the OOC stuff. When there's IC Council stuff to be done, I'm here to help.

A few IC notes, just to keep you all in the loop:
  • The Jedi Council will stay as presently constituted. Syn will remain on the Council as a senior member, @[member="Darron Wraith"] will serve as second in command, and @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] will continue to serve as Knight Representative and Weapons Master.
  • The Jedi Council and the Jedi Order will continue support the Republic as necessary - militarily, diplomatically, politically and so forth. This means paying attention to our peace treaty with the Sith Empire.
  • The recent raiders on Tython have secured a number of holocrons and the fragments of the Darkstaff. @[member="Velok"] and @[member="Val'Ryss Zankarr"] have been positively identified, along with an unknown Kel Dor. This means that the raid on the Tython Jedi Temple was probably perpetrated by the same people who destroyed Rhommamool and Osarian, and who stole the Sith Empire's archives on Rudrig.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Arumi Zy"] - We fought once. If I'm remembering it right, I crashed your beskar-clad dreadnought. I think we can make this work.

But I'm watching you.

:D

@Je'gan Olra'en we may have I have fought so many people over the years I've lost track.

Just don't watch me when I'm in the shower.

I would like to do something with you and council to hash out the actual relationship and status at some point.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Upon examination of the canon, @[member="Daella Apparine"] is entirely correct. What kinda shoddy operation y'all runnin' around here?

The position of Master of the Order will no longer be used by us to refer to the second-in-command of the Council.

Daella Apparine said:
A point of order (or canon, really)

Master of the Order - Official - De jure head of the Jedi Order
Grand Master - Unofficial - De facto head of the Jedi Order

Yes, this is entirely correct. The Grand Master however, has the power to vote on council decessions when there is a dead lock on a vote. Or if there is a situation where a end game is in place. Someone needs to have a final say in these cases. And his/her say if final. But this is last resort.

Well, it's a little more like this:

Both the Grand Master and Master of the Order are from the High Council and could be the same person. The Master of the Order is the "Chair" of the High Council. This would imply that the Master of the Order is the head of the order, yet this is like more of a Prime Minister position. The Grand Master is more of the President.

I'd imagine having two different beings holding these positions is more of a symbolic gesture that they're co-leaders of the Order, much like Mace and Yoda seemed to be peers than one being subordinate to the other.

I really respect how you guys like to maintain an active faction leadership, says a lot about a writer when they will step aside like that.

All the best, from what i've read so far it should be fun :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom