Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech New Imperial SD-60x Battle Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
IukUVL5.jpg
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Your Ride's Over, Pal: Possessing an impressive panoply of war the SD-60x is built like a tank and hits like a freight train, formulating a war droid that is proficient in its role as an infantry and armored support droid, able to cut swathes through enemy forces with its wide array of punishing weapons.
  • Surprisingly Mobile: Utilizing heavy duty servos and rocket assisted traverse the SD-60x can keep up with most infantry units on the field.
WEAKNESSES
  • Towering Behemoth: A heavy weight coupled with a tall and broad profile makes the SD-60x an easy target to pick out among smaller infantry units leading the SD-60x drawing heavy and intense fire as opposed to its more widespread battle droid and conventional infantry counterparts.
  • Knocked Down Stay Down: If the SD-60x is ever laid down on its rear it is immensely difficult for the droid to lift itself up unassisted, requiring either other units, heavy duty equipment or overcharging its on-board rockets to get it back on its feet again.
DESCRIPTION
Commissioned by dubious sources to assist in a 'large scale conflict' within which 'inferior manpower would need to be compensated for', the SD-60x brings a monstrous presence to any engagement with its tall and broad profile and its impressive panoply of war. With two heavy repeating blaster cannons it can chew through infantry. With its flamethrower and plasma thrower the SD-60x can negate lightsaber wielders before they can get into vibro-arbir range in which case it doesn't matter anyway. Channeling ancient Balmorran designs utilized during Operation Shadow Hand, the SD-60x is a modernization and adaptation of an immensely powerful design.

Last edited:
This is a very well written submission, unfortunately there are a few issues that will need to be addressed before we continue.

The first and foremost is: Your droid has the Production Rating of Minor but the Height Rating of Extreme. For droid submissions the Factory Template requires that:

The Droid Rating of Extreme will also requires your submission to be Unique. As above, this rating is considered very strong and should be restricted to Player Characters only.

So in order to have the production rating of Minor, the highest Height Rating you can have would be Very Large. Otherwise to have a rating of Extreme the droid's production rating would have to be Unique.

There are other balancing issues as well, but this area will need to be addressed before we can move on to those. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, or once you've addressed this issue by tagging me in this thread and we can move on. Thanks!

Gat Tambor Gat Tambor

Awesome! Though you wrote Very Heavy in the Height section and I think you meant Very Large.

Now we come to some of the rating issues. By my count your droid is Four (4) Ratings overpowered. I will detail below how I got to that:

So first, we need to consider the Production rating of Mass-Produced and each individual rating of Average as having a value of zero (0). For each more favorable rating, or less favorable rating, we have to assign a positive value (ie. +1, +2 etc..) and negative value (-1, -2 etc..) respectively. I will outline how your ratings currently stand given this system.

• A Production rating of Minor equates a -1 on this scale. (-1)
  • A Weight of Very Heavy equates a -2 on this scale. (-2)
  • A Height of Very [Large] equates a +2 on this scale. (+2)
  • An Energy resistance of Very High equates a +2 on this scale. (+2)
  • A Kinetic Resistance of Very High equates a (+2) on this scale. (+2)
  • A Lightsaber Resistance of High equates a (+1) on this scale. (+1)
    • For a Total of Four (4) Ratings overpowered: =(+4)

Below I'll detail one possible build that would be balanced. You're not under any obligation to use that specific one but I think it might illustrate my point a little better.
  • Production: Minor (-1)
  • Weight: Very Heavy (-2)
  • Height: Very Large (+2)
Resistances:
  • Energy: High (+1)
  • Kinetic: High (+1)
  • Lightsabers: Low (-1)
  • Total: = 0
Other options could include lowering the production rating as well. This would reduce the scale on which the battle droid could be used in battle but would allow you to make it more powerful in places. It's really up to you what you'd like to do, so I'll leave things in your hands. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed/make any necessary edits and tag me in this thread once they're done. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom