Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Imperial Faction?

So right now, the way I see it, the villains of the galaxy really only have one choice in a faction, and that's the One Sith. There's the CIS, but I don't really count them as villainous. Same with the Fringe as there's too great a mix.

There's no real Imperial group around, and I find that kind of disheartening under the circumstances. When I've been RPing there has always been some form of the Imperial government floating around. This is not the One Sith and their Emperor, yadda yadda. The one Sith aren't Xenophobic. They aren't zealous enough to be the Empire.

So I'm curious if there's an interest in starting a faction of Imperials. The New Imperial Remnant or something (name subject to change). I have a high level of interest in this, more than normal, so I wanted to see if other people were interested. Chiefly, I'm looking for people who are willing to help drive, and run, the faction as well. If there's a level of interest then I will actually do a background and whatnot for this character, so if you're looking for that it's not there yet!

Thoughts? I'm thinking that after the last Imperial group went down, some of us moved far away, into the far reaches of space, and started forming anew, preparing for the eventuality of galactic dominance once again, but with the intelligence enough to know that it will take time. Simple concept, I know, but that's why I'm looking for people to help me out!

So, if you're interested, post here or PM me. Whichever. Poke me on Skype if you have it: mine is KamonV.

More notes: The faction will not be about one person. For this reason, the Emperor will be an NPC. In addition, input of the members will be extremely valued. Rather than subjecting you to the decisions of the faction staff, last minute, like it or not, ideas will be posed as polls for voting. Popular vote wins (kind of anti-empire, but from an OOC standpoint we want everyone to feel important).

Extra incentives: We will be using the Moff system, so new planets that get added to the faction will be assigned a Moff, and this Moff can be anyone (will probably be awarded based on IC and OOC efforts). We value those interested in fleeting and ground warfare, especially of the NFU variety. In fact, we want you. Seriously. There's nothing better than an awesome TK running around.

I'll post more notes as I think of them.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
It's not really in an imperial faction in the way you are hoping for, but we are a group seeking to support the citizens of the former empires with a more nationalistic approach. I mean, Aurelio himself has got an endgame of his own that won't really interfere, but our group would totally be down for some collaboration if you choose not to join us.

I'll still be keeping an eye on this though :)

[member="Mason Deschart"]

[member="Aurelio Murtix"]
You serve the Republic. I could not bring myself to support those who support the Republic.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
That is the intent, yes. I'm thinking you're referring to another place. I know the faults that were there, and I won't see them happen here. I just need the help of members.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Mason Deschart said:
You serve the Republic. I could not bring myself to support those who support the Republic.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
That is the intent, yes. I'm thinking you're referring to another place. I know the faults that were there, and I won't see them happen here. I just need the help of members.
Aurelio serves it only so far as it serves him and the imperial citizens from the older empires within its borders. He is a part of another group within the republic with those interests in mind, and he would love nothing more than to see a reborn empire. [member="Mason Deschart"]

Interesting. That intelligence may prove valuable. However, my aim is to see a reborn empire rise from the ashes, rebuilding anew, from outside. Something akin to Admiral Thrawn's rising. I will see a truly strong empire, with strong military might and sound moral judgment that aims to see order upon this galaxy.

[member="Bottlecap"]
We could use the service of a good TK.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Mason Deschart said:
Interesting. That intelligence may prove valuable. However, my aim is to see a reborn empire rise from the ashes, rebuilding anew, from outside. Something akin to Admiral Thrawn's rising. I will see a truly strong empire, with strong military might and sound moral judgment that aims to see order upon this galaxy.

[member="Bottlecap"]
We could use the service of a good TK.
Well good luck to ya anyways! :)

We might be coming to you to help anyway if that is what will serve our interests. :)

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
Mason Deschart said:
[member="Valiens Nantaris"] is referring to the Galactic Empire that was on this site (aka the Atrisian Empire). I was part of that in its short lifespan. Was also part of the Galactic Imperium. And the Sith Empire.

I've got my own project running this board's Rebel Alliance, so I can't devote myself to help run another faction, but I'd gladly welcome a classic Empire faction to battle. :D Also, this character is part of the same Imperial loyalists group that [member="Aurelio Murtix"] is in, so you may be able to grab some of us for the cause. Bottlecap is Imperial through-and-through.

We would welcome it. I understand the Republic is in control of some of our worlds. The fact that you remain loyal even still is testament to your solidarity. I approve. When the faction is officially created, I will notify you loyalists.
[member="Bottlecap"]

As one of the admins of the previous AE/TGE faction, I wish you luck with your endeavors. Antera isn't terribly suited to an Imperial faction anymore, but I'll be watching with interest.

Mason Deschart said:
So right now, the way I see it, the villains of the galaxy really only have one choice in a faction, and that's the One Sith. There's the CIS, but I don't really count them as villainous. Same with the Fringe as there's too great a mix.

There's no real Imperial group around, and I find that kind of disheartening under the circumstances. When I've been RPing there has always been some form of the Imperial government floating around. This is not the One Sith and their Emperor, yadda yadda. The one Sith aren't Xenophobic. They aren't zealous enough to be the Empire.

So I'm curious if there's an interest in starting a faction of Imperials. The New Imperial Remnant or something (name subject to change). I have a high level of interest in this, more than normal, so I wanted to see if other people were interested. Chiefly, I'm looking for people who are willing to help drive, and run, the faction as well. If there's a level of interest then I will actually do a background and whatnot for this character, so if you're looking for that it's not there yet!

Thoughts? I'm thinking that after the last Imperial group went down, some of us moved far away, into the far reaches of space, and started forming anew, preparing for the eventuality of galactic dominance once again, but with the intelligence enough to know that it will take time. Simple concept, I know, but that's why I'm looking for people to help me out!

So, if you're interested, post here or PM me. Whichever. Poke me on Skype if you have it: mine is KamonV.

Give it a month or two. You'll likely see a Sith Empire or Galactic Empire spring up somewhere. Though, if a Galactic Empire forms, I have no idea what's going to happen to the 'Vong.

I'd be interested in seeing an Empire spring up and actually take root and grow effectively but one can't hold their breath for nothing.

Seriously though, if this happens, please make it happen right, and please make it something that actually gains the supporters the One Sith have but with the ambition of the Galactic Empire of yore. (As in, take over everything.)

I like it better when the Sith actually work like the Sith. The One Sith is a great faction, don't get me wrong, but the entire Darth Kraayt portion of SW is a memory I'd like to forget. The Sith were always a bigger threat and a greater fear when they were hidden and unknown. There is nothing more fearsome than something that has built up a legend of itself but seems to not be there, though the costly reminders are what keep - I have no idea where I was going with that rant. But I guess my response is:

Make an empire.

Expel us Sith.

Make us a legend again.

Fear our return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom