Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neutral Force Academy

Alright, as some of you may have heard me mention it on Skype, I'm thinking of starting a neutral academy to teach force techniques up to at least knight and possibly beyond. Neutral meaning to both light and darksiders without trying to influence their path, 'corrupt' or 'redeem,' and in a safe(ish) environment without the students attacking one another. Disputes could be mediated or settled in duels, assistance asked for, help in creating basic items, pretty much anything within reason in a rather open boarding school style.

In addition to the above aid, there'd be lessons in most basic force techniques, saber combat, some wilderness survival, and some piloting, along with a few other basic courses you would find in a regular school. Everything you need to go out and carve your own path in the galaxy; maybe with a few new friends by your side. There will be some advanced stuff as well for those seeking it out but I'd like to focus on newer characters that might not fit in so well with the established factions or can't/don't want to have a random person they bump into on the lift train them.

I thought I'd locate the Academy on Vaynai if the sith were willing, it's in their influence cloud, despite this being a non-political thing because I think it'll actually be safest there. It also happens to be a tropical resort planet, how could i resist? We'll start in orbit on station six though I'd like to move away from using personal assets and set up something more permanent on the surface.

I do need some help though, here's a quick list.
  • Alternative location ideas.
  • A name for the academy (I'm absolutely horrible at them).
  • A lightsided teacher. Or anyone else willing to share.
  • Students!
I'm sure I've missed something so feel free to ask away or chime in with your own ideas.

Bet yall thought I forgot about this huh?
Well, neglected would fit better... >.>

But it's up!
Kinda, still under construction. But this is progress.

@[member="Wendy La Fey"] @[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"] @[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"] @[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @[member="Molgus"]
Sorry if I tagged and you didn't want to be.

@[member="Domino"]

May I join? I'd like to develop this characters control abilities. Curato salva would be most useful in dealing with her muscle defects. Ulterior motives include possible cadets for her training regime, which with your permission, can be taught at your Academy.

Absolutely, it's an open faction that anyone* is free to join. There are several people helping to teach, so no need to ask me.
@[member="Ayra"]

*Except a few people that are most definitely hostile to Domino and vice versa.

Vapaad is a restricted technique and I don't think Padawans are allowed to learn it because of it's intensity and tendency to draw one towards the darkside. Besides I don't know it.
Lightning, crush, and choke are also usually viewed as darkside powers, I didn't start this to corrupt people. DragonsFlame is a good guy and will be a fine Master, not saying that you can't learn here too, just that it seems you might want to get Josh's go-ahead for this stuff first.

@[member="Meta"]

4udz.gif

Pick me, pick me, teacher pick me!

I'd be interested in letting Voroll learn here. He needs every help he can get with the Force. If it's okay?

Guys, it's an open faction, if you want to join you can, if you want to tech you can. You don't need my permission.
@[member="Voroll Dey Astaar"] @[member="Rexus Drath"] @[member="Meta"]

interesting I may have to think about it some. I generally tend toward a neutral to good alignment although I admit one of the star wars novels I read recently had a character that I found fascinating a force user that was from the tradition that uses guns just as much or more than lightsabers ...

one scene had then running speederbikes (sort of) through coruscant and the standard jedi char was driving, then at a certain point started parrying shots from a laser cannon on the pursuing speeder.. while on the other speeder bike, the "gun force user" was shooting the blasts at the speeder she was on enough to deflect the blasts to keep them from hitting the speeder.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom