Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Youtube Project!

v Playlists below! v​
Hello there guys!
I've noticed, through this Gaming Discussion Forum, that a few of you guys enjoy Gaming!​
Recently, with all the changes in my life, I've actually had the time to pursue something I've wanted to do for a long time, and that is to create YT videos based around a Minecraft Adventure Map!​
For any of you who don't know what those are, it's basically a pre-made world that usually has a story arc and questline built into it! While you can't add or destroy blocks, it's actually rather entertaining (and is more like an RPG than anything else!)​
I've also decided to begin work on an Elder Scrolls: Skyrim series, which I'm extremely excited about (as anyone who knows me is aware I absolutely love TES!)​
Anyway, after the computer issues I've faced over the past month, which have made it difficult to use my laptop - much less create and edit videos! - I'm currently able to continue this project, and I wondered if any of you were interested in checking it out!​
The specific series I'm working on is the Across The Time adventure map
I've been working on the quality of the videos; the most recent upload was captured by a much more reliable program, and edited in a better one, however I stupidly messed up my render settings so it's a little low quality x.x Either way, I think it's better than the previous 2 episodes in the series.​
I'm looking for constructive criticism if anyone is willing to provide it. I know there will be a lot of kinks to iron out, but I'm working on most of the basic ones! It's all about experimenting, after all.​
So yeah, thanks if you bothered to read this/check it out​
Much love <3​
Posting Schedule
I'm going to be doing videos Monday through Saturday, taking Sunday off for myself!​
Mini-Game Monday: Monday (Minecraft Mini-Games)​
Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

[member="Jyn Sol"]

tumblr_lzdc6nNjNX1rp7jydo1_500.gif

[member="Connor Harrison"]

You're a strange'un, Chris >~<;' I had to skip out on GelNerd for the latest episode :( But I'm gonna bring back the account for the next one - Just had to use another system and didn't want to keep account switching xD

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

Why thank you, that means a lot ^~^ If it can mildly appeal to someone who isn't really into this sort of thing, then that's a very good start!

I'm down for constructive criticism guys! I feel like I've come a rather long way already through the feedback given by Ryan and Peter, amongst others!

[member="Jyn Sol"]
I forgot to mention this earlier, but I actually started watching this the other day. Wasn't able to watch everything (been busy with school) but I'm hoping to catch up tonight. To be honest I'm enjoying the series more than I thought I would. Minecraft isn't usually my thing (though I do enjoy messing around in creative mode). Keep up the good work!
PS: Accents<3

[member="Drapeam Nyx"]

Why thank you, Nyx! I took the past 2 days off 'cause I've been unwell (and had a very persistent migraine on top of that!) but I'm hoping to continue in full swing next week. I'm enjoying the Skyrim content a little more than the Minecraft stuff, but that's just because TES has always been special to me. If you have any criticisms / requests / whatever please don't hesitate to share because the only way to get better is to be told your faults :p

[member="Jyn Sol"]
Oi, you get migraines too? I know how that one feels. Take as much time as you need off! And stay hydrated. Worst (well, actually, second worst for overall score, but worst for pain) headache I ever had was (apparently) because I didn't drink enough water. Ended up at the emergency room at two in the morning. Took three tries to get an IV in. But the parents bought me ice cream from Micky D's later, so I guess it could have been worse.

As for tips/recommendations: I'm going to go (mainly) off of your Skyrim videos (the first of which is playing in the background as I type, because) for this. From what I've seen you kind of start out the videos a little iffy, maybe a little nervous, and kind of have a few awkward pauses here or there. Sometimes there's an extra um or uh thrown in. That's to be expected, of course. What's a very good sign is that the further into the videos you go, the more comfortable you seem with the game/commentary.

Not to mention you seem pretty good at adding to the story! Your jests at Altmers and racist Nords (I think at one point it sounded like Nods) were quite amusing, and I enjoyed your musical reference. Some people might have been a bit put off by the struggle with the character creation controls, but seeing as I had even more trouble than you did at the start (I never got the hang out it), I find it more relateable than off-putting. Maybe even a tad amusing. You handled it well in addition. That's also good.

My main complaint would probably be that you spoke over the dialogue a lot. More so at the start then towards the later parts. You mentioned playing the game before, so it might of been a natural "heard this before" sort of thing. Due to the popular nature of the game most of your viewers will likely have played it before so they might not have to much of an issue with it. Others might not have, of course, so that's one thing to keep in mind. Overall you've done a great job, especially for someone who hasn't done 200+ videos like some of the well-known YouTubers.

Now is the part where I jokingly say either "more accent" or "less accent". I love hearing the way people who aren't from WA, USA talk, but since I'm a Drama Class Kid (the abbreviation of that is pretty accurate as well) I have the nasty habit of unintentionally (and sometimes unknowingly) copying any accents I hear.
The family is in for a fun night.

[member="Drapeam Nyx"]

Oh aye, I get migraines quite a lot, sometimes to the point where I just hibernate for more hours than I need to. Had this one for a few days, d'oh. Been keeping well hydrated though. I'm used to it, just doesn't make it any nicer to deal with :p

As for the feedback, you're definitely right. I tend to be nervous at the beginning of videos - especially when it's a new style (eg going from Minecraft to Skyrim) as I'm not 100% sure where my humour (or lack thereof) will take me within it. And for the talking over it, a lot of people I've noticed tend to complain about having to sit through the opening scene of Skyrim so I wanted to try and accommodate that while allowing them to follow along with the subtitles if they're wanting to know what's going on. I'm trying to be more conscious of doing it throughout the quests, however.

The controls just didn't want to work for me. I actually edited out about 5 extra minutes of me fumbling with them and checking online - turns out it was just derping out on me :p

If I didn't try to alter my accent, it could end up rather unintelligible. I've been trying to adjust to a more neutral accent since coming to the States, just for ease of communication, but when I get more excitable (mainly towards the middle of the vids) it comes out again. I'm torn between just allowing it (a fair few people say they enjoy it) and trying to stamp it out at least for the videos. I don't know...

Since you said before that you're not a huge Minecraft Fan, I wonder how you might react to the series I've been planning for the past few weeks (I've just been trying to iron out the kinks in my plans before deciding to go ahead with it) which will be a modded survival - with the intent of not only having some fun but also allowing people to learn alongside me as I'm new to 99% of the mods. Since the pack I have uses a lot of the major ones, I figured it could be useful - especially considering a fair few of them have very little info on the web!

Anyway thanks for the input <3 You're awesome ^~^ and thanks for watching the vids too, means a lot.

[member="Jyn Sol"]

Goodness, I just thought I'd actually take a look at your YouTube Project today and I was amazed. I actually had no idea you had a gaming channel. I watched a few of them (watching the second Skyrim one right now) and I can say they're awesome. Can't comment more on these right now, though. Maybe after I've watched all of the ones you have right now.

I seriously hope you'll do more of these. :)

[member="Emma Norewood"]

I will be doing more, but my laptop just hates me right now which makes recording or even gaming without the extra ram being eaten nigh on impossible! Thank you though, Erik, that means a lot! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom