Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public More Roads Lead to Brentaal

Pg8PJWN.png

BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND

Great galactic hyperlanes feed the core of civilization, pumping its city planets full of goods. Electronics. Medicine. Poultry. Grain. Spices. Gems. Precious metals. Ore. The caf table in a Coruscanti citizen's home. All the things that make society tick - that make life amid the star-choking towers worth it. All of that flowed through the hyperlanes.
The blood of civilization.
And he who controls the blood, controls the body.
Brentaal IV sat at the merging of the Hydian Way and the Parlemian Trade Route, a conjunction of two of the greatest hyperlanes. Whoever owned Brentaal could throttle or let flow those hyperlanes. It was no secret. Wars had been fought over the planet and its location at this crucible of trade.
Enter the Commerce Guild. They intend to establish a controlling interest in Brentaal IV. Already, they shovel credits into a campaign to get Marcus Tritum, House Brentioch of Brentaal on his mother's side, elected to senatorship.
Meanwhile, Azimuth Industries lands a construction bid to redo the sewer and power lines of the capital city of Cormond. Construction zones begin going up all over the city, guarded by Silver Shield Group contractors, whose checkpoints conveniently clutter up vital intersections. Simultaneously, the First Bank of Procopia fuels a hostile takeover of the major transportation corporations in the very same city.
It is a coup launched on the transportation tycoons of Brentaal as the battle for the heart of trade begins not with the sound of blasters and explosives, but with jackhammers and innocent sounding phrases like "let me see some identification please."
All of this culminates in a crescendo, a centerpiece, a grand fundraising gala affair where the Tritum campaign expects to receive the last injection of credits necessary to push them into the lead.

BGBe6oe.png

O B J E C T I V E S
A Free and Fair Election

To help streamline your participation in this "public thread" the Commerce Guild has assembled this handy list of "objectives." We highly encourage all prospective "participants" to "adhere closely" to these "objectives."

c9Fo0Tk.png
OBJECTIVE 01: Attend the Gala

Show your support for Marcus Tritum by attending his campaign fundraiser gala. Only the swankiest and most prestigious senators and businessfolk are invited. Don’t show up here if you don’t fall into those categories. And definitely don’t show up if you’re not in the pro-Tritum camp.
Elections are an important and integral part of the democratic process.

OBJECTIVE 02: Stand Outside and Watch

If you’re some useless, penniless peasant, then your best bet is to stand outside and watch the rich people do their thing. There’s nothing else for you to do. So don’t start trouble at any Silver Shield checkpoints or Azimuth construction sites. That would be ridiculous and illegal.
And it would disrupt the democratic process. Mawite terrorists and neo-Imperial fascists hate democracy. You’re not one of those, are you?

OBJECTIVE 03: Mind Your Own Business

Sometimes the best thing you can do in response to aggressive corporate powerplays is to turn your head and worry about something else. It’s a big galaxy with big problems. Can you really devote all your time and energy to this one thing? Aren’t there Sith torturing orphans out there for you to worry about? Realign your priorities, you weirdo.

We remind all "participants" that while these "objectives" have been installed for a "safe and fun" experience, they are not "mandatory." Feel free to "engage" with this "public thread" in any way you see fit! But remember:

This is a Free and Fair Election.

c9Fo0Tk.png

The doors to Cormond's most ostentatious convention center slid open with a welcoming hiss and Marcus Tritum strolled inside, admiring the all-glass interior, marble floors, and jackbooted Silver Shield mercenaries stomping around like they owned the place. Which, for all intents and purposes, they did.

"Marcus Tritum!" boomed a voice, causing Tritum to turn around.

A thick-armed Yahk-Tosh locomoted toward him, causing Marcus to do the opposite of what most would when they saw a giant slug coming toward them - he smiled. "Yontok, it's been too long." He extended a hand and shook the slug's. "How're the wives?"

"Oh," Yontok chortled obsequiously, "They keep me busy. But look at you, shell spider suit? A blue shimmersilk tie? Are those Arkanian diamond cufflinks?" The slug rubbed his lower pair of hands (he had four) together. "My my."

"Well, what can I say. Fortune took a turn for the worse after lawschool."

They both laughed.

"I guess you're one of the first to arrive, thank you for coming, Yontok."

"Happy to support an old friend's candidacy. I'm sure you'll do great things. Including maybe certain reforms in the medical industry?"

Marcus half-smiled toothlessly, "Always looking for an angle. Absolutely, Yontok. Let's talk after. Lunch tomorrow?"

"You're on."

And with that the slug locomoted away, leaving Marcus to look around the convention center as more people began to trickle in and find their seats at the hundred or so tables. Marcus was pretty sure they were Keshiri glass tables. Brentaal did things in style.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia had only just arrived back on Brentaal IV when news of someone of her family's name was moving to be elected into the Galactic Alliance's senatorial house. She supposed it was only a matter of time before someone other than Kallea and the other ruling families managed to stick their noses into the Alliance's business. She didn't feel a need to split the ticket, after all, what was good for the goose was often good for the gander. It had been a little too long since Valessia had been home, she had spent the last few years helping her daughter Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed and so the move back home felt almost effortless.​
She was greeted by old friends, and older memories as she revisited her Cormond apartment. One by one she spoke with them and entertained them until they were all gone and all that had been left was the emptiness that once had been. Trinkets of her time with the First Order, trinkets of her love with the Atrisian, then of her now ex-husband. "Such is life," she said to no one in particular, a protocol droid approached and with some warmth in their voice, "oh Master it has been far too long." Valessia pivoted to see him, him she was sure that was the pronoun the droid had identified with. Padric, if she called was his name but felt too embarrassed to call him out and be wrong for it.​
da936663cf30ec8a601ab47c3cbd8bb8d0afe7d9.gifv
"It certainly has," she returned forgoing the use of his name, "tell me now, who exactly is this Marcus Tritum and which one of my uncles or aunts does he belong to?" She placed an arm around the protocol droid as they began to speak to her. Catching Valessia up on the shenanigans of the Commerce Guild and the two floors in which compromised it. Valessia sitting at her vanity looked about it with fondness, the days she spent planning out how she could one day run the Commerce Guild. Until life took her in another direction, she aided the First Order's Foreign Office, helped established many of their cities, and began production on their naval assets.​
The protocol droid continued on, and on informing her of whatever information was available on Isar Isar and this whole senatorial race for the Galactic Alliance. "It was Padric, correct?" She interrupted the droid, and the droid stopped just a moment and remarked.​
"Yes, of course, oh you remembered!"​
"I did," Valessia replied before turning back to the bobbles and bottles on her vanity, "go on, I interrupted you."​

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Objective 1: Attend the Gala
Isar Isar and others...

Another senatorial race, another system, another day. Tiresh and the Free Alliance Coalition were in a race to shore up as many votes as possible in the midst of the brewing cold war occurring within the Senate. And again, the odds were stacked against her. Isar Isar and the behemoth of a corporation that was backing him surely had more to gain by exploiting the existing Corporatist Block in its power position than they did by upsetting the status quo.

And besides… from the research she had done before coming, it seemed like the natural democratic process had been severely manipulated throughout this election.

But here she was, enjoying their open bar, and all dressed up like a royal princess. She would likely end up in a conversation with Isar Isar at some point… I mean, who wouldn’t want to talk to such a lovely lady, after all? It was better to make frenemies then it was to be openly hostile, so she was going for the prior.

BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA

In a corner of the main hall, Caulder Dune regaled several aristocrats with a terrible story he had heard during his most recent visit to Bespin. It was truly a gruesome affair, and the kind of thing cloistered rich people loved to hear about second-hand - made them much more grateful to be cloistered, particularly here on Brentaal IV.​
"...At which point," Caulder continued, waggling his fingers mysteriously, "Carnifex's stunted uncle showed up. Materialized right out of his shadow, or so they say. Then those two blighted freaks held hands, spun around, and killed everyone left standing. Or most of them, I should think."​
Light gasps, concerned whispers followed among those listening.​
"That's awful," someone said.​
"Horrifying," another added.​
Caulder shrugs, as if describing events as inevitable and immutable as the weather on Vjun, "These things happen - an alliance of simpering crypto-fascists simply cannot be expected to mete out justice competently. It's just not in them to do so."​
So on and so forth it went, with the miserly Umbaran occasionally earning a few shocked guffaws for his increasingly disparaging terminology.​

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Wearing: The Donna's Regalia, The Black Hand
Tags: Open
HlLr6G6.png

Milling about within the crowd of suitors, well-wishers, power-players, and Influencers, The Donna was quietly conversing and enjoying the party. She held a glass of champagne in one gloved hand; sipping as she strolled through the crowd, mingling where it was appropriate. Her gown was one-of-a-kind, easily picked out of a crowd; whether these people knew her or not, she radiated a sense of quiet command and charisma.

She intended to make the acquaintance of Isar Isar when it was appropriate, as well as use the grand ball to ply her Family's trade. Information, Secrets, and Influence were powerful tools indeed. It was certainly possible that some here might have been familiar with who she represented, but most would be unaware. This suited her; whether her reputation preceded her or not, she was more than capable of capitalizing on any opportunity that presented itself.

The Donna found herself near one of the opulent fountains, brushing her gown as she took a seat upon the fine marble. The wroshyr-wood cap which covered her head & concealed her face dipped low, concealing her beautiful face in shadow as she glanced about the room.

Last edited:
BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA

From upstart lawyer to mining baron to quite possibly the newest Senator of Brentaal IV.

Isar Isar showcased that truly anyone could achieve lofty heights if they simply worked for it. Of course, having a noble title, an expensive college degree and the backing of a new-and-upcoming business guild behind him were possibly also helpful. These latter little factoids were unimportant for the senate campaign.

No, it was the old fashioned 'pulled up by metaphorical bootstraps'-message, that always seemed to resonate with some humans.

Luca arrived soon after the gala had begun in truth. It was already filtered through with people, special interests and lobbyists. Polls suggested that Tritum was neck-and-neck with the other major candidate, Kalrusa Vohn, a Twi'lek local running on a platform of medical assistance for all and the crossing off of educational debt for the poor.

Fiscal discipline wasn't everyone's forte.

While Vohn had several key constituencies locked up, including the sizeable Twi'lek enclaves throughout the world, Tritum was doing quite well in the demographic that mattered the most. The good old fashion human vote.

At his side was Angelique Deveraux Angelique Deveraux , his plus one for the evening, and a renowned opera singer. "There is Tritum," He murmured to her, indicating the senatorial candidate, who was currently being swarmed by a gaggle of noble women and senators. "And... ah, there is Dune. Quite an able administrator, I think you will appreciate him."

Apparently Dune was regaling the crowd with a... story.

"I see you are full of stories, Caulder." By the way of greeting as he joined the crowd of on-lookers. "But have you heard the one about the Geriatric Empress and the Twelve Jedi sent to catch her?"

BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA
angeliquebar.png
Raven-hair fell down her back in perfectly coiffed waves. It seemed so dark but in the well-lit area reserved for the festivities it almost had a red sheen to it. Angelique was used to attending a variety of social functions, for many reasons, but she had never done so on Brentaal IV. She moved through the room with Luca Caldogne Luca Caldogne with a pleasant smile and an easy laugh at the ready. Everything about her seemed to be designed to draw others in. There was humanity to her, a brightness.

While Luca perused the guests she watched fondly as the gears in his head turned. She spoke of this and that in hushed tones, occasionally, offering a joke or some tidbit of information about something she knew to make him smile. "Tell me again—How far ahead do you think he'll be when he wins?"

The silent race for the new Senator of Brentaal IV seemed to be all that the Holo-Net was talking about in this area. Angelique had done enough homework to know who was who in the political stratosphere but there was always a little something more. Something the journalists and newscasters weren't talking about. Luca pointed out Isar Isar and the songstress nodded her head while a small smile started in the kiss of her mouth. "He's handsome, at the very least."

That never hurt when it came to elected officials. She never minded a little weathering when it came to appearance. It showed experience, strength, and a myriad of other qualities. It was obvious, from assembled parties that thronged around him that and the booming laughter that those other qualities served him well. Handsome, entertaining, and perhaps well-spoken.

Interesting.

Angelique noted the next individual "Dune" and committed the face to a nearly eidetic memory. There were certain things that slipped away from her as time passed, but most memories, stayed at the ready. Easy recall. "I should like to meet them both, I think."

Her heels clicked neatly on the polished floor while her fingers remained settled in the crook of Luca's arm. She let him lead, express, while she was merely the lilting flower on his lapel meant for decoration. At the very least, that was what most assumed. What use would an Opera singer or a songwriter be in a congregation of business associates, politicians, and lobbyists?

That would be their secret.

Luca led them into a group as easily as a shark navigated open water and her form automatically angled toward his. She wore a dress of white that held a red collar and matching red fabric that unfurled into a skirt that wrapped around her, easily, as if it were made for only her. Modest enough, but eye-catching, and professional. A flower, indeed.

The joke he opened the floor with made her smile and she shook her head.

Boys, would be boys. No matter how old they were.

Business, Espionage & Faith

sGNn0vj.png

M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
X44PT3Y.png

Objective: Attend the Gala with Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Open

The Gala!
Marcella had entered the Gala with her Donna, Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , following her attentively as she met and mingled with society while staying in the background as to not overshadow her. In good fashion, she dressed nicely to complement her boss, opting for an elegant dark grey blazer suit with a fur scarf.

As the Donna moved to sit down, Marcella moved nearby to accompany her, discreetly standing behind her as if she was a close acquaintance as to not draw attention, masking her intention to act as a lookout to ensure her security. So far she still believed she was on-the-job.

Last edited:
More and more guests began to arrive, going through the Silver Shield Group guards at the doors, and flocking to their tables. Marcus was not quite ready to sit down. Besides, he had to make the rounds. There were so many introductions to be made.

Marcus made his way over to the open bar where he had spotted a face that he had seen all over the holos recently. Limping slightly and leaning on his serpent-headed cane, he caught the attention of Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix .

"Senator Kobitana, you look stunning," he said with a smile, "Thank you for coming, I didn't expect to see you after everything that happened on Fondor. Are you ok?"

Meanwhile, the protocol droid spout big juicy paragraphs of exposition to Valessia Brentioch, all about Marcus Tritum's birth on Tapani, his reputation as a lightfoil rake in his youth, his graduation from universities, his law practice, his mining corporation, and his platform for candidacy.

"Mr. Tritum is running on a modernization platform, promising a revitalization of city centers with new public works projects, a revamped health care system by encouraging trade with Thyferra, and working with the planetary government to lift restrictions on docking fee caps to allow for a free market competition between the planet's spaceports."

Valessia Brentioch

V
302ff4d31a939f9d1008a0448a24055dd2f6840c.gif
The best thing about Brentaal IV was that it always remembered its own. Valessia took her own personal, luxury shuttle from her penthouse toward the gala. "Edra it's been so long, I trust you're ready and in place?" Valessia spoke on an encrypted channel to her old Zabrak friend.

"Of course, Padric give you the deets?"

"Always."

She almost purred as the shuttle took the scenic route over Cormond as it delighted below. The glitz, the glamor the way the Boroughs came together as one. Cormond however was rotten to its core, the way the six families often divided the city and indeed the planet amongst themselves. Cutting at each other for the bottom line was practically child's play here. Valessia reviewed the information about Isar Isar and concluded he had come from her father's side of the family. A distant relation at best, but nevertheless she knew to show a united front.

As the shuttle arrived at the gala, and the doors slid open - there emerged Valessia Brentioch. Scion of House Brentioch, cameras snapped their photographs, and questions were tossed her way. What of her husband? Gunther Creed the Epicanthix who at one time swore his allegiances to not only the First Order but to Darth Carnifex himself. Her son still marched for the Dark Lord as a member of his military and just where had she been when it all came undone for the Imperial power in the Unknown Regions. Did she plan to take her parents' place on the Commerce Guild? "I have been gone far too long, and besides it seems the Commerce Guild is a private club, but do not worry - I do plan on continuing my parents' work with the Trade Hall of Cormond." A pause as she thought on what to say about her marriage. "Gunther and I simply grew apart, but what matters most now is that we are there for our children, Sival and Alessandra."

4e19f509a08abadf61b2c7d5fd48648051ca7a04.gif

"I will be back on Brentaal IV for as long as I can," and so long as other plans didn't hold her back or take her attention away.

"I am here to support Marcus Tritum for Senator, after all, we Brentaalans must assist those poor unfortunate souls in need, and in pain across the galaxy." Profiting from their misery in the process but that was to be expected, honestly. Questions about fashion were also flung about and Valessia only mentioned that her dress had been an old House Organa antique, purchased when Bespin was still under Seiger's reign. She walked into the room with a smile, many of those serving the gala would likely have been part of Rufigioni family one of the main houses to Kallea.

It was good to still have connections.

Moments after being served a flute of champagne, Valessia casually made her way toward the group. It would be quite hard to miss them after all, so well dressed, for the occasion. While she hadn't caught Caulder Dune Caulder Dune 's little story, she knew of him - by name as Calder Due, of course. Luca Caldogne Luca Caldogne and Angelique Deveraux Angelique Deveraux were new but there was no reason not to make friends. It was after all, always good to have friends on the other side. First things were first however as she casually came up toward the pair that approached Dune. "Your dress is impeccable by the way," Valessia commented, softly as to not detract from the boys' conversation. Deveraux was always known mostly by reputation so the compliment would be a good ice breaker.

CORMOND
BRENTAAL IV

Fett was unable to saunter inside as if one of them - to stand beside the socialites and the businessmen; the senators and the rulers, all amidst their own social arms race. It was an unseen conflict, differentiated from the battles of blood and instead one of words, the ramifications as severe as the other. It was all an issue for the lot, as of late, all the schemes and the blades drawn in the shadows, but that meant bounties and contracts for the Mandalorian and his fellows. It seemed as if in times of strife, he thrived. His own attention to the Senate had become intense, the studious nature of Fett allowed for his research to be so extensive but not once had he delved into the identities of his newfound employers.

It served him best to remain unaware, he considered, and thus ensured it remained unknown.

He wished to move closer to afford himself a better view, but the Bounty Hunter was a wanted man in these territories. He wasn't too sure of the reward that rest over him now, an old score left unsettled and unclaimed. Yet it was either a lifetime sentence or execution once the authorities secured him, or if, rather. For now, he maintained his distance from a roof far off in the distance. It was due to his helmet's attachment, folded over the T-visor, that he could manage to see some at all.

It was one target at first, but with each new arrival... he came spoiled with choice.

Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Isar Isar and others...

She turned at Isar Isar ’s approach, offering a warm smile and a nod of greeting to the Senator-in-waiting. “Mr. Tritum!” She tilted her head slightly and adjusted her dress, “You look very Senator-esk yourself.” At the mention of the shocking events that had occurred on Fondor, she took a sip of her drink and then let out a wearied sigh, “I’m doing as well as can be expected, I suppose. It appears that I am quite the firebrand these days… much to the disapproval of…” She shrugged, implying she had her own suspicions as to who had hired the hit against her, but being unwilling to drop any names, “… well, no need for unfounded speculations, I suppose.” In truth, the whole incident had been quite traumatic for the young senator, and there was a new-found weariness and an element of insecurity that could be seen subtly on her face.

She then shifted her stance towards the man and did her best to brighten her countenance, offering some humor in place of the heaviness of the situation, “But I can’t say I mind the attention it has garnered! I’m not the type to blend into the background, as I’m sure you would suspect. Although… I have grown more cautious, admittedly… especially at social events such as this. I hope you don’t mind the extensive guard detail that has been tasked with keeping a watchful eye on me this evening…” Her eyes drifted to the perimeter of the room, where numerous Senate guards could be seen.

She then shifted her attention fully back towards Isar Isar , a look that expressed more focus and intensity was easy to detect. “The Senate is a very peculiar place these days, Mr. Tritum. Despite the portrayal of a close race, I think we both know that you will soon be the new Senator of Brentaal. I would like to hope that you might be someone I could work alongside to secure a better tomorrow for us all, and not necessarily someone who would resort to such devilish tactics that have recently been on display…” She was, of coarse, referring subtly to the attempt on her life. “I would simply offer you a word of caution regarding whom you choose to align yourself with in the coming months. It won’t be easy either way you go, of coarse… but I am inspired by your passion for health care reform and for healthy, competitive markets. I just want you to know that there is very much room at the table for a visionary such as yourself on this side of the isle.”

She smiled warmly as she reaching up and placed her hand on Mr. Tritum’s shoulder, showing a sign of desired partnership if the man was at all interested in such a thing from a Concordist.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
tR6BvIr.png

Wearing: The Donna's Regalia, The Black Hand, Neahtid Earpiece
Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Isar Isar , Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix
HlLr6G6.png

The steady rhythm of the pure, crystal-clear water streaming into the small pool was relaxing; providing The Donna and her associate a brief moment of respite from the organized chaos that was the Gala. Ivory took a moment to check her boots - of course, finding nothing wrong - using the moment where she seemed preoccupied to casually tuck an errant strand of raven-black hair behind her ear. She gently touched the small crystal earpiece concealed in her ear canal; utilizing the Family's own private Comms to transmit a signal which only Marcella could hear.

<"I'll be fine, darling. Take a smoke break. I can feel your anxiety from here. I need a refill, anyway.">

She turned her head slightly, glancing at her companion, catching Marcella's eye and offering a convincing half-smile. The Donna's mouth hadn't moved. The covert piece of Tech was useful, indeed.

She stood to her full height, retrieving her champagne class (which was very nearly empty) and began a casual stroll toward the bar, leaving Marcella to go on the smoke break Ivory knew she needed.

As The Donna approached the open bar, she saw two individuals which caught her attention: Isar Isar , the "man of the hour", leaning upon his personal walking stick & speaking with a stunningly beautiful woman Ivory didn't recognize. The Donna passed a few feet from them, leaning against the bar and politely placing her glass (now empty) in easy reach to be refilled.

She smiled at the bartender who quickly moved to do-so, nodding her head in thanks, then reached for a tray of hors d'oeuvre - sampling a small cracker covered with shaved meat & cheese and topped by a tiny sprig of greenery. The flavor was delightfully clean & pleasant, mixing well with the expensive spirit. The Donna allowed herself a moment of respite... enjoying the soft musical notes floating through the air and the pleasure of food & drink on her tongue. Around her, the cacophony of noise and motion faded for just a moment...

And then, she was present again.

She glanced about the room, violet eyes pausing only a moment as she glanced to her left, perhaps catching Marcus Tritum's gaze.

Last edited:
BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA

Luca Caldogne Luca Caldogne | Angelique Deveraux Angelique Deveraux | Valessia Brentioch

Caulder had been explaining the finer points of the so-called Ashlan religion (not at all in a positive way) when Luca arrived, alongside a suitably posh woman he didn't recognize. Must have been a friend of some sort, Caulder did not know Luca to dabble with women-of-the-night, so to speak. More power to him. Caulder acknowledged them both with a faint, wry smirk.​
"Oh, I've heard the rumors. I think we all have, yes?" Caulder went on, but scanning the loose gaggle of aristocrats, added, "No? Well, be sure to write Wyatt Morga and thank him for the daring retirement home raid he recently completed. He has made the galaxy a safer place for... His pride alone, I daresay. Be grateful that runt doesn't receive any of your hard-earned tax credits."​
That was Jedi for you: implacable spirits, noble hearts, and smooth brains. They needed to be protected more than anything else - the same way one protects a delightful but independently useless pet.​
While the aristocrats took to chatting among themselves, Caulder turned to Luca and his acquaintance - although now another woman was present, chatting up said acquaintance. "You should know better than to bring up stories that haven't concluded yet, Luca. Otherwise I have to make up an ending."​
Which would have been a tantalizing prospect, if he had felt anything but slight disdain for the kidnappers and distant respect for the kidnapped.​

BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA

Caulder Dune Caulder Dune | Angelique Deveraux Angelique Deveraux | Valessia Brentioch

"Oh, but I assumed you'd enjoy that and was giving you the opportunity to shine, Caulder." He indicated Angelique next to him, unaware that she had been addressed by Valessia. "This is Angelique Deveraux, famed opera singer, and my plus one for this beautiful event. Angelique? This is Caulder Dune, his Silver Shield Group is most impressive."

Impressively expensive.

But also quite competent.

"-I think few can rival his men's professionalism. Perhaps the opera requires some private security of its own?" Teasing them both with that business prospect, before giving them a moment to get acquainted with one another.

Once that was out of the way however?

"What do you think, Caulder, will we be cheering on dear Marcus tonight or consoling him?" The race seemed tight, but... well... Luca had it on pretty good authority that this was a race for Marcus to lose. Every metric seemed to be pointing his way, but that didn't always mean something. The world of politics could be a cruel affair at times sadly.

Business, Espionage & Faith
sGNn0vj.png

M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A
X44PT3Y.png

Objective: Attend the Gala with Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud
Tag: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Open!

A Smoke Break!
As Marcella stood by the elegant fountain alongside her Donna, she began to feel herself itching for a cigarra. A habit that sometimes hit at the worst times however she still enjoyed partaking, it was an easy stress-relief method. She soon received a telepathic message, however.

<"I'll be fine, darling. Take a smoke break. I can feel your anxiety from here. I need a refill, anyway.">

She had caught the eye of the Donna as she sent the message, Marcella let out a discreet smile with a gracious nod out of appreciation, "Donna." More than confident that she could handle herself, Marcella elegantly charged towards one of the side doors, gliding through the seemingly endless waves of guests and staff before making it outside.

Now stood outside, there was some small degree of privacy with only a small number of guests scattered around the area, huddled in their groups. Eager for a smoke, Marcella took a out Fiora Ivory from her tin of personally selected cigarras and lit it, covering the flame with her hand with the cigarra in her mouth.

Cigarra lit, she began to relax a little. Inhaling deep breaths of smoke before slowly releasing it, her itch was now scratched. Feeling slightly more refreshed, she looked around the small courtyard to see if there were any persons of interest loitering..

VOWRV1E.png

S P A R R O W
Rika Hiro|BRENTAAL IV|Gala
Tags: Isar Isar Ivory Stroud Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Koda Fett Koda Fett Valessia Brentioch Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Angelique Deveraux Angelique Deveraux
8foFMuM.png

tumblr_30a1dc18a7597bdc49efdfde4d4a6293_a5a7193c_540.gif

Grin and bear it, represent the corporation with pride and make a profit while doing so. Those were the words burned repeatedly in her mind; Hayata Corporations's very foundations were built around mantras and the old world traditions of the Atrisian Zaibatsu clans where the pursuit of profit left little room for empathy or mutual comradery. No such thing as honour among thieves as a wise man once said, but for many, Hayata offered a way out of the old worlds confines or the crushing desolation of the various Atrisian diaspora towns dotted across the galaxy.

Rika just played a character, a facade that enabled her to move about without much suspicion or issue. She'd been at Hayata corps for two long years, half working a hostess job serving drinks and entertaining corporate guests of Ms Hayata and the other half being put through the rigours of the SIA academy. To her superiors in the alliance, she was an ideal foothold to investigate Aiko Hayatas organised crime activities, and to her handlers outside the core, she was a helpful asset until the time was indeed right. Little angel had made it clear that Aiko's secret reign of terror was not to be reeled in, as she and her colleagues in the Trade federation were valuable assets to the cause at hand.

Rika methodically went through her ritual of putting on her makeup and reciting the company rules and slogans, practising that same fake grin and charm that had won Hayata many a project and sale with foreign powers. She meticulously ensured everything was pinpoint perfect, even down to the ornate jewelled hair stick that kept her bun pinned in place. The company craft drew closer to the gala's landing pad, the distant glowing lights growing ever nearer as the distant thrum of craft moving in and out with its cargo of guests put her into an almost trance like state. She checked herself in the mirror once more, before exhaling loudly and straightening herself up before joining the rest of the Hayata representatives in departing the craft.

"I have to say, if you're on this side of the aisle, then it's looking pretty good," Marcus said, smiling, then he reached up to take her hand in his and made to kiss the back of her hand - like he used to in the old days. Back when the only thing he cared about was the next duel and the next woman. Things had been simpler then, or at least it seemed that way looking back.

But, realistically, he was lucky that he hadn't been impaled through the chest by some other saber rake who took it too far. "Accidents" like that happened all the time. Well, that was all in the past now.

"As for my tactics, running in guns blazing really isn't my approach. Honestly, it's amazing more Mandalorians don't wind up dead on the holos, because I'm fairly certain that's their one and only tactic. Must be the armor." He shrugged and chuckled.

"But I do appreciate your support. We'll need to grab lunch sometime and discuss the future of the Alliance. Enjoy the dinner."

With that, he took his leave, having caught the eye of Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and her companion Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora . He limped over to them on his cane.

"Well now, I don't believe we've been introduced. I'm Marcus."

He held out a hand.

BRENTAAL IV - CORMOND
THE GALA
angeliquebar.png

She caught the tail end of an explanation about a religion that was entirely foreign to her, though, she didn't really understand the context. Perhaps, that was a good thing. Her grasp on Luca's arm tightened for just a moment, a silent distraction, though she didn't interrupt the pleasantries. It was a necessary course of events for a gathering such as this, especially, when the guests were primarily of a certain stock. This…Caulder Dune seemed to have quite the personality. Of course, she had no idea of the rumors he not alluded to. Let alone, who this Wyatt Morga was.

Her sphere was one of notoriety with just the barest flicker of political conquest. Enough to achieve the desired outcome. A means, to a very definitive end. The only thing that left her out of step was the locale. She was not familiar with it, not, when she had deliberately avoided the area for as long as she could remember. Which, for the garden variety party-goer might as well have been an eternity.

Angelique offered Mr. Dune a polite smile when Luca introduced them. Everything about her greeting seemed genuine, though, it was only surface deep. She didn't know enough about this creatively spoken individual to make an assessment one way or the other. Her tone was sweet, cultured and winsome as that of a socialite ought to be. "It's a pleasure, Mr. Dune. Luca has spoken highly of you."

It was the truth. He had all but sung his praises in his own, distant, way.

A light and airy laugh left crimson lips at the notion of her production house requiring the type of security this man undoubtedly provided. "His men would find such a position dreadfully dull, I'm afraid. We don't see much but the occasionally overzealous fan."

That was both true and false. The Company she held contract with accepted invitations to perform all over the galaxy. Some locations were less safe than others. The edge of a warzone, for instance. Angelique fell silent when Luca asked Dune whether or not Tritum would win or lose the senate seat. Ah. So, that was why he hadn't answered her earlier query. All of the information she had access to during their travels suggested that Isar Isar had the edge. Her eyes narrowed at him, faintly, but her focus was stolen by a feminine voice directly to her left.

Angelique never let go of Luca, but she did turn to face the newcomer. Even in a crowd, anything less would be considered impolite. Tawny brown orbs slid over the equally dark-haired female and for a brief moment it seemed as if she had something else on her mind. What, would remain a mystery. Instead—Her expression blossomed into something warm and honeyed. "That's very kind of you to say. I wasn't sure what would be appropriate for this sector but it seemed to fit current trends."

"You are dazzling, however."

The compliment was paid without any thought or mind toward how it might have come across. Angelique often blended with society by speaking her mind honestly, earnestly. There were certain things that she kept to herself but when the opportunity presented, she simply gave what was there versus creating up a new layer of deception. Lies were more difficult to maintain the further they strayed from the truth. "Angelique Deveraux—And you?"

It wasn't a lie, really. Valessia Brentioch was stunning in just about every way. She filled out her red gown as if she'd been poured into it, as if, it had been made for her. The kiss of her mouth curved upward, charmingly, while she came to a silent conclusion. The fine woman that stood a few paces away most definitely added to the décor.

Truly, she looked good enough to eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom