Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monty Tython and the (Un)Holy Grail (OS Dominion of Tython)

Placeholder 0123

P
Allies: [member="Urya Uvatera"]?

Objective: Secure the Fount of Rajivari

There it was again. Something faint just down the next corridor. Not entirely alive, but not entirely dead either. The cold wavelengths of a droid intermingled with the erratic motion of an organic. Whatever the creature was, it was no animal, and that left sorely few options.

A technobeast. That was the only logical conclusion. Ein had read about the Sith monstrosities in his down time and regarded them with little more than a second glance. Now he was beginning to regret his apathy for the mechanical creatures.

Cautiously, he marched through the dark tunnel. The scent of acrid smoke filled his nostrils, intermingling with the stale air of an isolated cavern. The musky, overbearing scent of the luminescent mushrooms and various other flora became prominent the deeper Ein went.

His came to a halt just on the edge of the terminal chamber. His lightsaber died without a word, leaving the massive chamber in shadow. The only light came from a single active terminal down the next flight of steps, down at the very pit of the Fount. There, something humanoid lingered, hunched over the terminal like it was some great treasure.

That might very well be the case.

Silent as a stalking Nexu, Ein descended. His right hand rose in a gripping motion, sending a slight tug through the force. It would likely connect with this figure, a gentle pull on the right shoulder.

"You'd best back off from the terminal. That's mine." Ein snapped out of reflex. There was no reasoning with a technobeast.

Allies: The Munchies. And [member="Ein Necavich"]

Objective: Touching more things

Something moved her shoulder! And it wasn't her! Was it?

Urya squawked, her brain jerking out of the soothing bubbles of history and circuity. She groped around a bit, feeling as if she'd been caught fresh from the shower, and paused.

There was a voice. Her servos whirred, picking apart the nuances of his tone. Demanding. Selfish. Male. Possibly vegetarian. No, that was just her brain getting in the way again. No trace of an Imperial accent. Well, then...

She popped her finger free from the terminal, whirling on her metal feet to stare into the shadows. There wasn't much to illuminate Ein, but her cybernetic eyes were barely picking up something towards what she presumed was the entrance. " AND What, pray tell, gives you dominion over these ancient and oh-so-sexy things, mmm?" An Imperial lilt cut through the darkness to the newcomer. Urya's focus was adjusting, changing to heat-vision. Ah! There he is. "Do you have proper paperwork? Sheets of data? Mind you, I was just enjoying a bath so I'm a little naked."

Urya leaned against the terminal, letting the light frame her slender silhouette. "Chickery Chick, duckling. Spit it out!"

Placeholder 0123

P

Objective: Prevent the touching of things.

Allies/Not-so-much-allies?: [member="Urya Uvatera"]

"Okay, not a technobeast." He whispered under his breath. Whatever was below him was already accessing hat little data remained in the Fount - and likely wiping whatever was left on the terminal.

Ein's brisk walk was exchanged with a purposeful run. The snap-hiss of his lightsaber broke the constant ambiance of the massive room as the blade came to life. Its orange glow cast him in a menacing light as as he came to the bottom of the steps.

"Because it's mine. Before someone else gets it." He snapped, keeping three or so meters between himself and this strange woman. Chicken what?

"The Sith are either going to level this place, or turn it into an academy. I need whatever is in there." He gestured with one hand. "Before it's restricted from me."

"If you'd be so kind as to step back?" It was not a request. The humming blade tilted forward as Ein held it outward, slowly approaching the stranger.

[member="Ein Necavich"]

Objective: Oooh. Orange.

Allies: This computer right here.

Urya's green eyes focused on the orange lightsaber. "OOoooh. Look at that... that's my favorite color." She hopped backwards away from him, sitting on the terminal itself. "You want what's in this one? Well too bad. It's mine now. You'll have to get inside me to get it back.. It feels like bubbles and warmth in my head.."

She ran her fingers up through her hair, setting her metal finger into the dataport again. "And didn't I say I was naked..? Cheeky chickery boy."

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
Location: Site of the former Jed'aii Temple of the Arts in the Edge Forest
Objective: Build a temple dedicated to duelling and combat
Allies: None - keep away - nothing to see here...
Theme: La gazza ladra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHQJoZjdlo

“This temple might be an archaeological find of great value, a monument to untold wonder, but it’s also a monument to evil.”
– Corran Horn

The ground and lower levels set in her mind, she was at pains to ensure the workmen knew that despite this being freshly created, her expectations were that this place would not be out of place on Korriban. It had to look and feel like a typical Sith Academy, maybe even a tomb.

This was in no way because she lacked imagination or was lazy, but because she revered the history of the Sith. Its rich heritage and periods of glory, none greater than the present day. So a bridge between the two seemed most appropriate, lest they forget where they came from.

So she worked with the architects. The top two floors became one floor – its height reflecting the majesty she aspired to recreate. Stone floors, pillars and the ubiquitous statues. It would be a glorious place for Sith to learn how to duel – affording space as well as an environment to be used where necessary.

Finally the translation was done and the draughtsman showed her his datapad. The image was just as she envisaged. She could hear the snap-hiss of sabers in her mind as the architect tapped the screen and the 2-D image became a 3-D projection in front of her. She imagined prowling around, testing her abilities against the best the Sith had to offer. Of course she was getting ahead of herself, but she never let ambition or arrogance get in the way of a good thought.

“Build it,” was all she said, her eyes sparkling in the dim light of her ship.

upper_floor_by_corvusraaf-d8pzvdo.jpg

Placeholder 0123

P

Objective: Subtext. More of that.

Aaaassociate? [member="Urya Uvatera"]

"You're wearing clothes." Ein pointed out. The orange illumination lit up his expression. The force adept was looking quite unimpressed.

He cast his gaze over Urya's shoulder. This cyborg-technobeast-creature had already stolen everything he wanted from the Fount. Lovely.

"In your head...I hope." Subtext. "You can share it, or I can take it." He grumbled, flipping the hilt of his lightsaber back.

He would never actually fight with the weapon held at his back like that. It was a silly notion. It was all for show. Grumbling a string of curses under his breath, Ein raised his right hand up in a claw gesture.

He did not mean to harm the woman - he wasn't ruthless enough to attack a stranger over data that might not actually be relevant. Rather, he aimed to lift her a pace or so into the air, away from the terminal.

"You wouldn't wipe the terminal would you?" He frowned. "You do know how old that knowledge is, right?"

Niaana Ren

Mission, the 1st Sister. (Dead, Pm Writers Account
Post Number #3 total of both alts

Snap of a twig, was she there? No? Cackling came out of the black, there? No, she could feel her prey sweating, and a soft wail escaped her lips, the sign of things to come, his fear was intoxicating. Above on a tree Niaana dropped on the head of the scout, he fired wildly but it was too late, there was a vibroknife in his chest, and interested silver eyes watching the dying breath leave his lips. Maybe someone else would have questioned him first, she didn’t think of that till withdrawing her weapon, oh dear. She did so get carried away with the details, exhaling happily.

Rifling through his belongings, she found a holomap, a communicator, some rations, and junk. Salvager, throwing the pack down. Can’t have them getting in the way, can we. Laughing to herself, and turning on the communicator.

“Sss'sorry, we got lost, bad men, bad came!” Her voice was not exactly honey, or trustworthy but she tried, and she was just unnerving enough generally to pull panic off. It was a cross between a child, an animal and a maniac.

“Who is this,” came a blunt reply.

“Come quickly… he needs you, he'ssss hurt,” she said pleading, turning the device off, thoroughly pleased with herself, and pulling herself back up her tree, snake-like, predatory. Niaana quite liked it up here. Time to play, and with growing shadows taking her form from view, she was gone, more knives to use and so little time.

Keeping track of how many posts I make, as per the #20 per writer rule before 100.

Ass-ociate: [member="Ein Necavich"]

Objective: :D

Well she certainly hadn't expected this. Urya found herself floating in the air. She fell into a fit of giggles, cackling. " Well, you'd have to check the terminal and see, wouldn't you! " She waggled a finger at Ein. " I won't stop you, Data-Not-Found, but I'll tell you a secret. Take me with you, and I'll share whatever data I find."

She tapped her head. " Promise. Pinkie swear. Cross my primary circulatory valve and hope to sigh. The magnetic field at any given point is specified by both a direction and a magnitude." Wait. That last part didn't have anything to do with promises. Ah well. It seemed relevant.

[member="Raien Keth"] [member="Spark Finn"]

Carach did not address the Knight arriving in his steed, simply because it wasn’t necessary for the time being. His intent was clear and that was all that mattered, the Voice of the Dark Lord closed his eyes and knelt on one knee, leaning on one hand against the ground. This was all done in an attempt to bring himself closer to the core of the world, to feel it, experience it and finally… to taint it with his own touch.

He wasn’t a God, and neither was he his progenitor, his strength alone would never be enough to push the world of Tython towards the brink of the Darkside. But it would go a long way and in combining his efforts with the various Sith Lords wreaking havoc, or generally making themselves a nuisance on the holy world they would finally cast it into the side of the Dark.

Weaving the threads of power he slowly started saturating the place with the words of power, corrupting it- at least, he was… until his amber eyes opened themselves and saw.

Saw the familiar sight of a specific thread running across Tython.

The Sith Lord sighed, she had always enjoyed popping up at the opportune moments. He reached out towards the thread, traveled across it with his mind and then softly touched hers. A notification of presence, rather than an invasion of privacy.

Lady Finn, have you deemed me worthy of a visitation already?

A smirk played on the absent lips.

Darkside Dragon (Dead PM Writers Account)
Post Number #4 total of alts
Mission: Corrupting the temple grounds.

Strong attention focused on [member="Darth Carach"], he worked internally, feeding into the ground, impressive. Raien worked on the surface shell, both together forming what would come next. The Jedi had been thorough in the removal of their weaker taint. Rounding up what little artifacts he could from the surroundings was futile, what could they possibly have that he hadn’t seen or crushed a thousand times before? For a time loathing for their lack of vision or imagination unsettled black fire from Surtr’s aura, seething, and through that emotion you might be forgiven for thinking the aura itself tainted the ground.

Force Cold/Fear Aura

He strode onward, throwing aside trees as they were shattered, gradually calling forth barren ground by his action to level the surrounding fauna. Bringing forth a wave of malice, cold and fear emanating outward, sending animal life fleeing, seeping its way into the ground. Only a surface imprint, but the first of many Sith to walk in this place, it would be built upon as the history of Tython was rebuilt, it added to what [member="Darth Carach"] was doing, to potentially poison the land and blacken the landscape, to harden it to what it should be, strong like a Sith. Something he’d do directly, right now.

Red Lightening - Sacrifice made Real.

Lightening left his fingertips born from the wounds, pains, suffering of others, betrayals brushing the plant life ahead, burning away the pretty facade. All was the force, and the red deliverance shooting from Darth Surtr’s fingertips was much needed reworking of what the planet would be. Smaller plantlife was set aflame, scorching the ground as the lightening spread and arched over already ruined trees, small fires were started, force fires that would burn away. Unlike his force cold and fear aura he was emanating, his red lightening wasn’t powerful, still training it, but on natural substances in an otherwise holy place it didn’t need to be. The ground here would be perfected for Sith ideals, small planetlife sorched and remade, while the bigger trees were already pulled down.

Runes of fire, Rakattan symbols of his life’s story, glowed brightly on his robes. When one part of the force was so different to another part, balance sometimes occurred. Surtr’s balance was his realisation that he would find little of worth here, only what he would create. The force’s balance was to be tainted by his actions on the surrounding landscape, and his aura’s impact on the once holy places of the Jedi.

Unlike others he saw the Jedi’s place in the cycle of things, stronger Jedi meant stronger Sith when they fought them, using them up as was their place. This was a victory worth remembering…

Spark Finn

Encrypt Code: 1989//
Anil Kesh

Objective: Data mining

She could sense the force storms just below her feet and the thin piece of metal that separated her from falling into the chasm. Rumors had it those who descended into the maw of storms below experienced insanity and death. A curious place of study for the jedi.

Light-footsteps took her past the abandoned hangars, study rooms, and libraries. She felt the brush of Carach's mind: familiar, foreign, shocking, and comforting at the same time. She chose not to respond until her path stopped within the armored cupola's main systems room. Even from here she could feel the subtle shift in the storm's energies, changing from the work and power that sith like [member="Raien Keth"] and [member="Darth Carach"] were performing. A chill began to snake along the back of her neck.

She rested a hand on the main terminal, using the force to absorb the data, becoming lost within its deep pools of knowledge.

Lord Carach. The brush of her mind answering his call would feel different than Manaan from over a year ago and another year since she had disappeared from the force entirely. We will talk but it will not be today. Hold my lord. Our reunion will come but you may not wish to hear what I have to say.

Placeholder 0123

P

Objective: Sub. Text. Sub-text. Deal with [member="Urya Uvatera"]

Take her where now?

The look Ein gave this stranger was non-too friendly. His nose scrunched up in displeasure as he tried to make out what in Corellia's Nine Hells she was saying. Something about magnets and chickens. Perhaps there was something off with her, a missing screw in her implants or something of the like.

He did not know, and he did not have the time to find out. A Sith Lord or a gaggle of Stormtroopers could march down those steps at any time to take whatever they wanted, and if Ein tried to stop them, he would lose the fragile niche he had managed to carve out in the One Sith hierarchy.

That would likely lead to death.

"Sure, whatever." He hissed. "I just need the data. Whatever is remaining. Quickly." The lightsaber died with a flick of the activation switch.

The organge light that had illuminated the force user went with it. Only the faint, pale blue light lit up his face, casting a ghostly azure glow to his features. Not that he needed his eyes to see. Ein's connection with the force was a primal thing, like any other animal that called upon it for survival. He understood it as a part of himself, rather than energy to be manipulated.

Still, what he saw confused him. This creature was unlike the average human woman. He felt a distinct absence around her, as if whatever she was did not coincide with the original design. Where most were a faint indent in the force, a tiny ripple that barely affected its great depths, this one was a whirlpool, sucking in everything around it.

That made her different. Different could be dangerous.

Slowly, Ein lowered her to the floor, breathing a sigh of relief as the concentration required to keep the stranger aloft was broke.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

Associates: [member="Ein Necavich"]

Objective: Did I leave the gas on?

Her feet clicked with a hollow ting when they met the floor, announcing their metallic makeup. "You seem to be in a hurry. I'll make sure and make copies then. Going back into the bath! Avert your eyes, cheeky boy." She would give Ein a casual salute with her fleshy hand, the metal one smoothly slipping a finger back into the dataport. Of course she wasn't wiping the data, just enjoying the fizzy, bubbling feelings as it rushed through her head to copy itself onto a chip. Luckily for her, her new friend (who looked ever so handsome in thermal imaging) seemed to be in a rush and wouldn't double-check her work. She flitted through the network, tagging things for copying, and 'watched' the ravenous digital portion of her mind come swimming, its mouth wide and swallowing the data. She always found it akin to a 'whale shark', whatever that was. Something she found in a book somewhere that meant something and decided to stay in her brain.

She gave a soft sound of bliss. " If only you could be in here. It's wonderful. I should take you sometime. And let's keep pleasantries for until I'm finished. Too many names running through my head. I could give you the wrong one, Peaches."

Just for fun, she left a nugget of a bug for the next person to access the console. Nothing too damaging, just something that would attach to the search function. Whoever accessed it next would see that everything was written in Shyrriwook. Easily changed back with the right console command, but fun to those that needed to read it right away.

A few minutes later, she would unplug her finger and pat the console. " I'm done. Shall we?"

Placeholder 0123

P

That was quick. Ein bit down on his lower lip, and cast his gaze to the obsidian floor. Was bringing this woman along with him actually worth the risk? The Sith would surely 'confiscate' her once they came across her. She looked, and felt, too much like a Technobeast to go unnoticed in a time like this. Surely someone would take note of her.

The adept drew in a sharp breath, and cursed the gods. He needed whatever information remained within the Fount for personal reasons. His dominion over the force was one of mastery, but there were secrets unknown to Ein. Ancient history that would be worth a pretty penny to the right scholars - and perhaps be of some worth to his own ventures.

Resigned to his fate, Ein jerked his head back. "All that data is in your head?" He asked. "If it is, I'll keep you safe."

It was then that Ein felt it . A subtle shift in the force, a disturbance in the even sea of which he perceived it, like little ripples that slowly formed into waves. Someone-- no, a group of people were coming toward the entrance.

"I don't suppose you have a back entrance here?"

[member="Urya Uvatera"]

Chaperone: [member="Ein Necavich"]

"I didn't know you were interested in that. How crude. I suppose each person has their own interests." Urya cackled. "But as for an exit strategy? I like running. Or a casual stroll. Moonlit waltz beneath the Lekku. Kitchen." She wandered around the recessed interior of the Fount, disappearing into the shadows. "If you have three air vents converge upon your entry, you'll have to stare into my ass. Over here." She kicked the cover off a vent, bending down to crawl in. "I have a map. Be sure to lock the door behind us!"

Mission: Await her calling should it come.

Kneeling silently separated from the work, Sera Inkari waited in meditation, her fate still uncertain but here she sat, thick red temple robes covering her form. There was a sense of vulnerability and fragility that would not last long if she were to remain Sith, but there it was, still in her till it was claimed in her training. Kneeling in the once Jedi temple, she awaited anyone requiring her vision, ocean blue eyes silently at rest.

Deep her dreams became of this place and what it would become, the students that would leave the doors, and the history it would create. She saw much, and much which was hard to see, hard to carry on her shoulders at times. Weakness yes, but that burden allowed others to be instructed in how to best use her visions. Her force's will knew no bounds.

Folding her hands in her lap, a shiver ran through her when she sensed an important event, the prophetess swept up in the moment, and carried away on her force's possibilities. Sometimes a Sith would approach her and receive her insight, but most would not, as she was not known here. Chance might see a vision given that might affect the temple, and change the placement of a thing. Subtle changes that might alter the flow of what would come.

[member="Melori Raaf"]​
(5)​

Darth Timoris

As Melori sat on her ship, she was aware of two things. Firstly that she hadn’t been doing any training for a few days. She was almost getting withdrawal symptoms from the lack of development.

The second was how lethargic she felt. She was used to being active and her daily runs and exercises had stalled since she’d been here. So as dusk fell, she decided to go for a run. Wearing only her simple robes and her usual boots, she set off at a steady pace, her saber hilt bouncing rhythmically off her thigh. These weren’t ideal running clothes, but in the field, you didn’t get the option to change into sweats and trainers.

So she ran, using the newly created edge of the forest as a route. As she ran, she felt a presence. She was only an Acolyte and so her senses were not so well attuned but it was definitely Sith. So she paused, hands on hips, and contemplated her options.

And deciding things happen for a reason, she ran towards the Force signature. She came across what must once have been a Jedi temple and entered it. She walked slowly and carefully, despite there being only the Sith’s presence she felt. She saw her finally, kneeling, waiting in meditation, her thick red temple robes covering her form.

So Melori advanced and waited…genuinely unsure what to do next.

[member="Sera Inkari"]

tythonarch.jpg

The Arch

Uncertainty, she faced this every waking moment, potential futures that may or may not happen calling her. A small temple, just off the main site, some Sith had been debating to pull it down, others to ‘renovate’ it, she had done her best with her honeyed words, and soft touched of a hand on a shoulder, a graced smile. Sweet talking them into keeping it with promises of power, but a power not meant for them. Her ruse would not work now she had a stronger force presence entering, her future became less certain at this crossing, it was only a building, and to some that was all it would ever be.

As Melori approached, Sera stood gently, lifting her robe from the floor, soft steps carrying the priestess of Kiintan before her, with a dip of her head. Odd that she might do so to an acolyte, but Sera had no training, and no strengths except her gift. Her gift that had kept her alive, and useful to the Sith for now.

“This place,” she held her arms out toward their archway ahead, “is important for the future… perhaps yours.” She couldn’t be sure, only that this small archway inside that she’d fought to keep standing radiated importance to her senses. Ocean blue eyes deepened, walking within her dream, drinking in the surrounding structure. Her voice distanced, tapping that strong possible thread of the future, if their building stood, “A great tragedy will happen here, in this spot,” she held her hands out, “and birthed from that will be… greater power.” She almost shook, a shiver moving up her spine till she steadied herself.

How could one small building, let alone one simple archway change anything? One rock could, one stick in the right place, a word in an ear just when it mattered, that was Sera Inkari, a whisper on the wind, heralding promises of the future to [member="Melori Raaf"].

(6)​

Darth Timoris

Melori stood and waited. There was a coldness in the air and this place simply felt too…’Jedi-like’ for her. It brought back bad memories and so she did her best to shake the thoughts and the feelings.

As she stood there, she was aware that the Sith had seen her. The red-robed figure moved forward silently and bowed to her. Melori was surprised. She neither gave nor expected bows – it was too much like the old days for her, but she listened.

“This place is important for the future… perhaps yours.”

Melori glanced around. It wasn’t that she believed or disbelieved the woman’s words – but they were too generic to be of consequence…yet. As their blue eyes met – one pair deep, the other pale, she felt uncomfortable as the woman continued.

“A great tragedy will happen here, in this spot, and birthed from that will be… greater power.”

Once more, she wanted to dismiss the words – or perhaps believe in them, but she could bring herself to neither option – she was overwhelmingly ambivalent. She did not believe in fate. Farseeing yes, but there was insufficient detail for her to commit to either embrace or dismiss the woman’s words.

“I do not doubt your ability but…but I require more. What you have described may come to be but there is no certainty it affects me. Tell me, what can you tell me of my future.”

It was one of those questions you had to ask but were unsure you would like the answer. What if the woman saw her death – for being unworthy? But Melori’s arrogance pushed that thought aside. That could never happen, she was sure of it. So the wisps of uncertainty were burned away by the heat of her conceit.

[member="Sera Inkari"]

Duality or a pair behind the other, traces of possibilities toward immediate family, the amber crystal in her chest would glow faintly beneath her robes as she drew on her farseeing. Unseen beneath her thick red robes, just the faintest drifting of force energies ebbing and flowing for those close by.

“Blacker the arch will be, crumbling but there,” if fate allowed it to stand for long enough, guiding steps took the robed priestess closer, pulling back her hood, fiery hair sprang forth, and her gaze drank of the well of possibilities. “Please, your hand,” whether Melori offered her hand or not to the waiting palm, blue turned to pure white in Sera’s eyes. Her sense of this future was strong enough to persist with or without touch, touch just gave clarity. Dreamwalking, visible to anyone but gone from this place for all that it mattered, only her voice remained.

“I see…” She saw the archway cracked, broken.

“Family….” Drifting, most chances and paths pointed this way for Melori, “betrayal close to you,” I see, her body shivered again, white eyes filling back to blue color. Sera patted the archway, running a small finger over the grooves of the stone, releasing any offered hand. “Your Sister.” Looking up at the stone, then sweeping her robes around to Melori sharply. “She cannot be trusted, and this place… holds a gift.” Sera's voice had cutting emphasis on the proclamation. "Blue, blue will bring you no shelter or solace."

(7)​

[member="Melori Raaf"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom