Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Monday's Monster Mashup

Samatharis

S
EBW2Hu3.jpg

The Dusty Borderlands of Karn
Planet Karn, Somewhere in the Outer Rim

Just south of the Empty Yellow Steppes and Forgotten Place Peak, nestled nearby New Sandy Death and the Old No-Water Dunes, was a flat strip of desert badlands called Monday's Place. And it was the perfect place to start.

Now, Monday was a pretty little blonde gal herself. She once hailed from Corellia and owned a dog, graduated from college, dated a few Space-Ball players, and built starships for the Cor-Corps of Corellia. Then, well, probably ten years ago, she crashed landed on this horrible planet called Karn with a bunch of other Corellian refugees. Most of whom all died terrible-terrible deaths in the badland's open desert thanks to a wildly hostile environment, dangerous thorny wildlife, sink holes, land mines, Tinder dates, and the ever-present threat of savage psycho Raider groups. But mostly just Raiders. Luckily. Monday herself wasn't just a smart Corellian babe with a knack for machines and survival. She was a smart Corellian babe with an automatic grenade launcher and a desperate need to kill bandits for their old stashes of hidden car and spaceship parts. And yes, Monday's killed ALOT of Raiders too. Woo.

Anyway. Fast forward ten years to the present. Monday's Place was a happy little car repair shop located in the middle of the planet's most dangerous flat strip of desert. Run by a pretty little blonde gal, decorated nicely, self sustaining, just a few automated death turrets, and often visited by local traders, survivialists, miners, prospectors, scoundrels, and monster hunters. But mostly... As with today. Just, Monster Hunters.

"So then hero? How's about a little monster hunting, eh?"

The bubbly little Monday herself smiled and with a swing of her giant hyper-spanner.

"Why Miss Monday, Miss Monday, I'd love to. Hehe. Happy as a clam."

Samatharis smiled back and gave her a playful desert salute.

Bingo. The two gals smiled happily at each other under the hot afternoon sun.

Because today was gonna be a good day, to kill something nasty.

. . .

ooc: Welcome to Monday's Garage. The only mostly-safe car repair shop on the whole planet. :p
Miss Monday has a job for a brave group of Monster Hunters and she's paying in credits and precious gems!
Swing by and let's get this adventure rolling. :D
Grenade Launchers optional, but welcome, and BYOB bishes!

Len Vert Len Vert | Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
POV: Joty Johayc

Equipment: (x2)Custom NN-14(s), HW-55 Multipurpose carbine,

(x2)Thermal detonator(s), Thermal imploder.

Another day, Another planet, Another contract.
These were Joti's thoughts as she rode her speeder into town, Dressed in her strange armour, painted dark red and scarlet, The odd bug-eyed helmet taking in various data and scans as the contract information was downloaded and displayed on her HUD.

▷Download complete.
▷New information:
Talk to monday for more information regarding-

"Well that's unhelpful..."
The speeder kicks up dust as she turns suddenly, coming to a stop right outside the shop, Which she had nearly missed.
Stepping off the speeder bike, She approaches the shop, Her slightly loose rocket boots making a distinct Jingling sound as she enters, Taking a moment to look around and admire the a few of the automated "death turrets".

"Nice place you got here," She chuckles, approaching the blonde girl.

"You must be Monday, Right? I'm Joti. I heard something about a "Monster problem"? I can have 'em cooked via detonator or made into a Mandalorian Barbecue with a flamethrower, Whichever ya like."
She chuckles and makes a little finger gun gesture, Clicking her tongue.

"Though, If you want 'em wrangled well, That'll cost extra."

" I'll need a little more info of course, so I can remove them more effectively and be out of your fine hair."

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
yt1ihWE.png

Monday was practically thrilled when Joti walked in. Thank the Gods for professionals.

"Well damn gurl."
She smiled and gave a wave of her spanner, "You look like you could take the whole wasteland head on. Kark my burly britches. Sam, you seeing this fine piece of woman here?"

Samatharis turned likewise with a smile,

"Oh my, looks like your message really did get around the Rim? We've got people showing up from all over."

Monday laughed and gave a nod, "Sure thang' girl! Why, when you this pretty and good looking, all the lads and lasses just keep on coming. I'm a regular diva of the star lanes by now."

Sam scoffed happily, "And your coin ain't that bad looking either. Ha."

Monday just bladed her eyes and winked back at her. Then turned again to Joti.

"Say now Miss Lady Merc. Ain't no wranglin' today missy. I've got a bad batch of Sandrakes that need a good mowin' down and blasting up. Damn critters keep infringing on my water rights and making a mess of my border fences. Big as a dog they are. Running in packs by the dozen and clawing up anything that so much as sputters at them wrong. Damn buggers."

Samatharis shrugged, "I thought Sandrakes hung around the low canyons and ate Sandcrabs all day?"

Monday crumpled up her face and shrugged likewise, "Hells bells, me too! Can't figure out why just now they've gone hunting in the badlands? Maybe foods scarce or somethin'. I don't know. I just need em' gone. And by yesterday too. Damn scourge is breaking everything I setup out there."

Sam nodded to Joti, "Well. I'm thinking we can do that. Say... Money per head?"

Monday smiled and stroked her chin, "Ah, I see where your pretty head is going. Sam here is thinking of a little competition eh? Well, my my. Don't that just sound a bit smexy'."

Both women turned an eye to the high cliffs off in the distance. They're must have been hundreds of Sandrakes out there. Why not make a little contest out of it. Not like a desert massacre is a rare thing around here anyway.

"Fine!" Monday snapped her fingers with a smile, "We'll do it by Drake skulls then. Everybody gets paid by the skull. Hundred credits a head. Mmm, I like it."

Sam laughed, "Ha! You like it? Hm, thinking about redecorating the waiting room in bone, are you?"

The blonde scrap owner smiled, "Hey now! Ya know, I just might be. Hehe."

So it was to be a contest then.

May the best gal win!

Samatharis and Monday turned back to Joti and smiled. Was she in?

"Well damn gurl." She smiled and gave a wave of her spanner, "You look like you could take the whole wasteland head on. Kark my burly britches. Sam, you seeing this fine piece of woman here?"

She cranes her head to the side, Smiling under her helmet. Easy joti, You're here for work, not pleasure.

"Well, well. if I didn't know any better I'd say you're trying to butter me up... But then again, If you're paying by the skull than there's plenty money to be made, even if discounted a little. So, I'll bite."
She chuckles quietly and pulls her helmet off, Revealing her Face and Hair, which came in a natural ginger that had been enhanced with a vibrant dye that faded into flaming orange the further down it went, Frayed and tousled, seeming to have been grown out after a recent and far shorter cut.

"How big are these Drakes anyway? And is their hide just weak enough to be Burnt? I'm carrying like... Three different flamers on me"
She gives them both a bemused but somewhat playful smile. "Oh and, The bones are a good choice. I'd recommend giving your little death turrets a crown or something. Maybe put a skull above the doorway. Or a hearth, If you have one. I hear the lads like that sorta thing. Lasses too, If you find one of the right disposition" She gives Monday a quick wink before glancing at her competition, Who she'd either grow to respect in the upcoming hunt or see as just another obstacle. Time would tell.

Samatharis

Well, he was running late. After a collision in the space lanes he had to sit and wait in his X-Wing. Popping open a cold one he turned up the radio, waiting.

After what seemed like an eternity he finally made it Karn. As the ship glided through the air he finally found the little shop. Sitting literally in the middle of podunk, he noted that there was nothing for miles.

As the ship touch down on the surface he watched as hill in front of him seemed to be...moving? Pulling out a pair of binoculars it revealed to be a bunch of animals gathered together. Probably what they were hunting today.

Locking up the X-Wing he walked over to the small shop, drink in hand. Pushing open the door he saw the three women standing there.

“Hey hey, did y’all get the party started without me? Uncool girls, uncool.”

Samatharis | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Last edited:
Theme: (I felt this was good for the situation, idk why, just saw the images and thought of my favorite trilogy lmao)

Weapons: R82 Precision Rifle ; The XR-18 Revolver ; M808 Grenade Launcher ; Cortosis Gauntlets ; Imperium Axe ; K914 SMG (Inside Jeep)
Vehicle: ODST "Chupacabra" (Personal Transport Version)
Tags: Len Vert Len Vert Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Samatharis

Renn quietly hoped out of the Jeep his R82 in the passenger seat, and his K914 next to the driverside door (Though there is no door). His revolver was on his hip as he walked toward the shop. Walking in he looked around seeing a man walk from an X-wing. Walking towards the location Renn was told to go.

Karn looked like a nice place to stay a while, he may stay a while after if he enjoys the monster hunting. The idea seemed like a lot of fun, this would be new for him. While Renn tended to hunt other people he never had gone out of his way to fight animals that could eat him alive. Walking closer to the shop the door had closed from the last patron.

Opening it he walked in giving them a nod, "I assume that this is the place for hunting? So what should I expect?" Renn had heard stories but never had visited this planet. Though he assumed many of the creatures were extinct or didn't exist. Standing there he nodded a welcome to the rest of the patrons. While he was here more for messing around and field testing, he did want to meet his competition, who else would've spent their time to come to the far reaches of the universe.

Aight ima edit this but, I also forgot lmao (won’t be out for a while)

Last edited:

Samatharis

S
Sam and Monday turned to greet the newcomers. Grateful for such a big turn out.

"Ayy boys. Ayyy. Holla' at your gurl, like, what?" Monday waved playfully.

"Damn." Samatharis smiled competitively, "Gonna be a good one after all. Nice."

The bubbly blonde turned back to Joti. Who, by-the-way, was a looker under that helmet after all. Ayyy gurl. Monday Fun Day. Call me maybe.

"Well, since you asked? Sandrakes are about the size of a big dog and weigh just the same. Cold blooded reptiles, they used to just lounge around the lower canyons and sleep in caves underground. They was never rowdy before. Despite all them teeth and claws. But now they've all come out to play. All of them. Sheesh."

"And their hide?" Sam pointed back to Joti's flamethrower question.

"Oh! Right. Skin stuff. Standard reptile make I suppose. Tough, textured, some stone-like horns and what-not. Sand? Colored? Ah, but they sure as heck ain't blaser-proof, I'll tell ya that. Had to blast a few of em' every time I hit the canyons. Just... Blam! Blam! Blam!"

"But there were never roving hordes of em' before right?"

"Exactly girl! What the frick! ...Seriously boys. Ladies. You're doing me a big favor here. Like, the whole planet a favor really? Kill em' all."

"Right. Anyway. Introductions for the newcomers. I'm Sam. Miss Monday here is the job."

"Ayyy, I'm the job, all right!" She winked at Joti just a bit too obviously. wink wink, wink

"Anyway." Sam rolled her eyes musingly, "...It's a hundred credits a head. Paid by the skulls returned to the garage. In bulk."

Samatharis smirked at the thought. Ha. Who had the time to haul all that bone back here anyway. What a terrible idea. Maybe Monday would lend them her Sand Digger. Hopefully.

Meanwhile, Monday hoped up on one of her garage stools and started to spin about in a circle. Talking easily as she dazed herself,

"Yep. The Sandrakes are stirred up something awful. Roving the badlands in hordes. Dozens at a time. Hundreds of em. I want em' all dead. DEAD! YOU HEAR ME! D. E. A. E. D. D. Dead!"

Sam squinted harshly at the spinning Monday's bad spelling. Guess ten years alone in the desert killing bandits for fun kinda kicked the schooling right out of ya. Or, something. Probably.

"I should also note. Again. Sandrakes are usually docile creatures that hunt Sandcrabs. If they are freaking out? Well, it's probably because something BIG stirred them up."

Monday stopped spinning. Then swung her spanner around and nodded thoughtfully,

"Ya know. Sama'honey here is probably right. Ya'll should probably watch out for other bigger monsters too. Like Sandsharks, Dirt Rhinos, Full Drakes, Gulpers, Colossals, and Pit Fiends."

Sam just sighed. There were no Pit Fiends or Colossals on Karn. Everybody knew that.

Still, Monday continued with a knowing smile,

"But hey! I'm not paying for them! I just want the Sandrake heads. ALL THE HEADS! Mughahahaha! Kill em' all!"

She smiled and went back to playfully spinning on her chair. Leaving Samatharis to just shrug and nod to everyone now present.

"Okay. Guess that's the brief. Any more questions? Well. You can ask the crazy blonde lady over there. I'm out."

Monday just kept spinning, "Kay! Bye Bitshh! Love you! ...Don't die!"

Sam just headed for the door with a smile and a wave. Leaving Monday to stop spinning and give a bladed eye to everyone else,

"So... Yeah. WTF. Ask a question peoples or get the fluck outta here already. Jeez. Breathing all ma' air up in here, or what? Pfft. Slackers. ...Also. Hey gurl. Me and her. We're not together. Just sayin'."

She started winking at Joti again.

Anyway. Cough. So... Yeah.

Time to get this party started I guess. Woot woot!

( Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn You have good taste. Imma put one in cause I'm experimenting with music and cause It kinda fits Joti ;p )
"Heh... That so?" She gives Monday a playful smirk and throws her head for second, Tossing her loose red and orange hair out of her face. But this was more of a show for monday.

"I'll keep that in mind... Maybe come back and uh, The two of us can breath up a little more of your air, So to speak."

Returning Monday's playful wink in kind, Joti pulls a single cigarette made from T'bac, which thankfully didn't stink the way traditional tobacco did. Raising her bracer up for a moment, She primes it just enough for a tiny candle flame to appear and light her cigarette before going out.

"My oh my, Where are my manners?" She shakes a few embers from the cig, Leaving it between her fingers for now.
"Joti. Joti Johayc." After giving monday her name, She puts one hand on her cuirass and outstretches the other arm, Bowing all official like for her temporary employer.

"At your service, Of course."

With the fun and games concluded, She turns and makes for the door, Waiting to smoke till she was outdoors out of courtesy.
Stepping aside to make room for one of the newcomers to enters, She slips past and then stops in the doorway, Leaning against it to keep it open for herself while giving the little group the once over.

"Mm- Almost forgot. If those things have been startled by bigger prey, An' hunting in packs, Well, Maybe we should too?
Competition we may be, But our hunting ground is the same."

"Anyway, I'll be headed up shortly. Got space for one more too."

"Ret'!"

EwgA8cK.gif
With all that out of the way, She gives the group a casual salute and returns to her 74-Z speeder bike, Hopping on and taking a quick drag on her cig before sliding her helmet back on.

( Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Same to you, but I do love the music from the dollars trilogy, it works in 90% of situations)

Renn quietly stood there listening to her talk, a small grin forming under his helmet. The enthusiastic woman made this job more fun then it would be, after hearing the details. Renn perked up a little when he heard the word dragon, while he hated the creatures for how his weapons used to be useless in a fight against. Now that he had his grenade launcher and .50 cal. bullets it would be easier to blow through them.

Though he wanted money, his plan was to go on a ridge and find the biggest animal he can to jump onto its back and use a knife. Can't have a good hunt without using the small weapons first. Talon quietly pulled his XR rotating the barrel to the explosive rounds. These would be for flushing out the animals.

Quietly standing there giving a little chuckle at:

"So... Yeah. WTF. Ask a question peoples or get the fluck outta here already. Jeez. Breathing all ma' air up in here, or what? Pfft. Slackers. ...Also. Hey gurl. Me and her. We're not together. Just sayin'."

Shaking his head he started to move towards the door, he had no questions. "I'll bring you back what my Jeep can carry."

As the door closed behind him he walked to his vehicle looking over at Joti giving her a nod. "Good hunting." Continuing his vehicle he pulled the SMG out of the side pocket sliding the clip out to make it was loaded. Sliding the clip back in he pulled back the slide placing it back. Hoping onto his jeep he pulled the R82 and put it in the back.

Standing on the bed of his jeep Renn looked over the area, a grin on his face. This trip would prove to be a very challenging fun one. While Renn hoped to slay one of the dragons here with his weapons. This would be a good hunt as he quietly hoped into the driver seat, and started the car. Driving off towards a ridge.

Stopping on the bridge he put his axe on his side, with his XR on his other side. Looking up he started to climb the ridge curious what he'd see at the top.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Samatharis Len Vert Len Vert

After the introductions they all left the crazy girl to herself, the spinning chair noise fading off into the background. As the group walked away from the building, he wanted to wish the well. He went up to the ladies first.

"Well, best of luck to you m'ladies! Good luck hauling all of those critters back!"

With a nod of his head he walked over to the man. He seemed quiet and too himself. Fortunately, that was the opposite of Len. The man had already started his car, about to drive off. Hopefully he heard him.

"And best of luck to you my friend! You'll probably need it!"

As the man drive off toward the hills, he casually walked over to his X-Wing. While he guessed the others were going for more...traditional methods, he went with the method his mama taught him at a young age:

Don't work smarter or harder, work with the biggest gun.

And work with the biggest gun he did. So big that four of them had to be attached to his ship. Such a great use of tech. Taking a swig of his new beer can he fired up the ship, the quad engines roaring to life. Hopefully the spinny-chair lady didn't mind the large holes he was about to put into the lizards. Oh well.

Once the ship was fully powered up he then slipped his helmet on. Placing the open can into the cup holder he made sure it would stay put. Lifting the X-Wing upwards he headed toward the ridge where the lizards were.

"Alright, let's go kill some oversized lizards! Get er' done!"

Samatharis | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla | Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

Samatharis

S
f7SIvOd.jpg

In the distance, you could see a far ridge covered in dust and tall desert foliage. It looked like an ant mound of activity too. Because there were hundreds of Sandrakes making a mess of it. Dust and debris was everywhere as they quickly migrated from one spot to another. Angry little devils, they were.

Easy targets too.

Samatharis stood in the yard out in front of the Garage. Looking at the herd far, far away.

"That's trouble all right. Easy pickings. Though... I wonder whats got them all stirred up."

Sam noticed Renn take off in his jeep and Len head for his X-Wing. Wait... His X-Wing???

"Doesn't he know a torpedo these days costs tens of thousands of credits?"

She just shook her head in grief. Damn. If he wasn't careful, Len would blow more money in fuel and torpedoes than this expedition could make in four whole runs.

"Oh well. Good luck pilot dude. I suppose if he blows up the whole mountain, Monday will have to pay him something spectacular, and then turn around charge him for environmental damages too. Ha. Funny. At least he's got balls."

As if anybody cared about Karn's environment anyway. What a dump planet. Bleg.

"Good luck people."

She gave a nod to Joti as the other woman boarded her speeder. It looked life the competition was already fast underway. Awesome.

Sam turned and went around the side of the garage where her own speeder bike was waiting.

"Okay. Here we go."

She put on her driving goggles and wrapped her face in a desert scarf. Hoping not to eat too much wind on the way out to the ridge. She could already see Renn's jeep kicking up a storm of dust. Samatharis made a not to avoid the debris from both vehicles and drakes. It was going to be a dirty afternoon. She could tell.

She hit the gas and speed out into the dry dusty badlands of the desert. Heading for the herd and Monday's broken fences.

Sam parked on a tall ridgeline a few hundred meters away from where Renn was on lookout. Overlooking the heard of Sandrakes scavenging the low ground just south of a great canyon. The Maw. That was what Monday called the giant cutaway in the foothills. A deep canyon that sloped downwards into the rocky desert ground. Likely cut away long, long ago by a strong blue river or jagged body of water. Sam figured it was where this herd had probably come from. The herd from The Maw. Sounded pretty scary to her. Not a bad start for a hunt either. Perfectly, terrifying. Ha.

High above, Len was circling in his fighter and she almost lost him in the sun's glare. Joti was still behind her somewhere on her bike. You could tell from the dust she kicked up as she went. Alas, Sam's eyes remained calmly forward.

"Well. Plenty of targets down there. Looks like that fella in the jeep is gonna start over on the west side. So. Guess I'll start on the east then. Stay to the parameter of the beasts. Away from the herd's middle."

She nodded and kicked her bike back into gear.

"Still. I can't help but notice they're all avoiding the mouth of that canyon up north. I guess we probably should too. Mm, unless we all want to find out what giant creature is hiding down there. Pushing them all out here like a bunch of sheep. Bleh. No thanks. I'll pass."

Yeah. Hard pass. Sam had seen enough giant monsters in her short lifetime. They all spit acid or fire or something terrible too. She didn't need anymore medical or repair bills either. No. She'd stay away from the big creatures if she could. These Sandrakes were just big enough anyway.

She loaded her carbine and kicked the accelerator.

She'd start by zooming past the herd on the east side. Blasting critters as she went.

Zooooommmmm

She came up alongside the herd in a jiffy

"Why, hello there!" She screamed.

Frap! Frap! Frap! Frap!

She speed right past a dozen of them. Causing a stampede. Blaster bolts flying. Some creatures chasing her. Some bolting for it and making a run in every direction.

"Ha Ha Ha! Yeehaa!"

Frap! Frap! Frap! Frap!

She nailed six of them already. Yes! Let the blasting, begin!

The early bird gets the worm, But puts the most work in. The patient bird? She watches and lets the early bird find the best spot before she swoops in and gets her fill. And Joti was a very patient bird ind.

So, She returns the nod to her competition and then leans back on her speeder bike, Letting the others get ahead a little before heading out. Once they'd made some progress, She clasps her hands together, stretching her arms forward and cracking her knuckles before gripping the throttle of her bike, Propelling her forward with enough speed to make oneself sick. But Joti? Between Jetpack training and Swoop bike racing, She'd grown accustomed to moving through the desert like a shriek hawk through the skies.

Once everyone else had come to a stop in the distance, She throws her weight to the side, Sending the bike had right and coming to a stop on a nearby hill, Kicking dust behind her.
Raising her gloved hand to the antenna upside her helmet, She lowers it down to eye level, Staring through the rangefinder which began to zoom in on her targets and competition. And boy was there a healthy amount of both.

She leans forward for a moment, Resting her fist on her helmeted chin and her elbow on the dash.

"Well, Strong silent type's taken the west side. "Sam" as monday called 'er, Is blasting chit on the east side. Clever. Staying away from the center, And separating the herd. Fly boy's taken a kriffing x-wing up... Gotta get there before he mops up all that walking cash..."

"Hm. I'll stick to the south, hopefully he'll get the memo and go north. In the meantime..."

"I'll strike down from on high"

She swings her legs off to the side and slides down off her bike, Taking a few steps forward. Using her implant to control her suit, Her jetpack thrusters begin to glow a soft gold as her stance lowers, making ready to jump.

* Vwoosh*
The jetpack roars to life as she leaps, Sending her zipping through the air. Once she'd climbed altitude to about 50 meters, She throws her weight forward, Sending her flying above the horde.
She couldn't use the larger of her flamers, as it fed from the fuel in her jetpack, And tangling with these things on the ground wasn't really a fun thought right now. But what she did have was a three in one combi-blaster. So, flicking the switch, She converts the underbarrel weapon into a scatter blaster, And begins showing the sandrakes in a hail of random scatter shots, Bringing down several in just a few pulls of the trigger as she begins strafing the horde, Sending them into a frantic chase as they follow her shadow back and forth over the same patch of desert, over and over. She'd probably have to watch her fuel if she kept it up for too long, But she could probably mop them up for awhile.

One thought kept nagging at the back of her mind however.
What brought them up from the maw?

Samatharis Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn Len Vert Len Vert

Getting to the top of the ridge cliff, before climbing up he was face to face with one of the reptiles of the planet. Pulling his axe out he brought it onto the animal's head, its posse scurrying off. Pulling back the reptile fell to the front of his jeep. Cracking to the top of the ridge, he looked down into a divot, spotting many of the lizards.

The sight brought a grin to his face and he made his way down the cliff to his jeep. Getting to the bottom he pulled the grenade launcher and R92 on his back and started back up. While he climbed he thought of how many there were. While he didn't get an accurate count, it was quite a big pool at max 100.

Once he was on the top he look down with his scope taking a few shots, the bodies of the ones hit being thrown across the tops of the others. Sighing he loaded another round as a massive animal came up and started to eat the reptiles. A massive grin formed on Renn's face looking down. While he could get more for the lizards, this big creature, while not as big as the dragons, but bigger then Renn and longer than his jeep. Sliding down he pulled out his axe leaving the weapons he brought up behind, except the XR-18.

Renn quietly circled above the animal looking for weak points but couldn't see any visible one, looking at the eyes he found where he would aim. Scrapping her axe to charge it up, he watched as the animal looked at him he turned looking at the lizards going up the cliff some breaching the top. While the two locked eyes Renn thought about it for a second, and instead of killing it he'd have a bit of fun.

While Renn was curious how it would go, but he would have to execute it if something went wrong. Looking down laughing the animal and him looking back at the lizards, deciding to focus on the other intruder. Laughing he slid down, curious to how the others were doing but he was going to do what he needed.

Samatharis Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Len Vert Len Vert

Samatharis

S
Joti took to the sky above the horde as Renn dueled with a giant monster all his own.

Sam enjoyed the little things in life. She kept to the outside of the horde, sweeping through the desert brush as fast as her speeder bike could take her. She blasted as many Drakes as she could find. Frap. Frap. Frap. Frap. Dozens of creatures fell. Some chased her futilely. Others ran. Yet still, others jumped in way. Some fleeing from Joti's jetpack barrage. Others, fleeing from whatever giant hellscape Renn was battling over on the east side of the expanse.

This surprised Samatharis as, she wasn't expecting such erratic patterns from the Drakes. They were usually such a straight forward species. Just, attack, claw, claw, tail lash, tail lash, teeth, teeth, teeth. Never before had Sam needed to pull on her handbars so quickly to escape their fleeing little legs.

"Damn! We're roasting these puppies!"
She shouted against the cloth mask covering her face. Clearly quite happy about how many Drakes they were piling up. "Yeehaa!"

Why, in just a few minutes, they had killed scores of the beasts.

Sam decided to take a breather and found a small hill on which to stop.

"Let's see. How many did I kill so far?"

She eyed the western side of the expanse and tried to count all the bodies. Alas, the dust and debris from all the fighting and fleeing made it impossible to see everything. It was like trying to count feet in a stampede.

"Oh! What's that?"

Sam noticed Renn's giant monster. Surely, a hundred ravenous Drakes couldn't have been scared of just one of those? It was just moderately larger than Renn's jeep. Why, you'd think a hundred scaly Drakes wouldn't need to flee from something unless it was as big as mountain...

ROARRR

Suddenly a terrible shocking cry ripped across the whole of the expanse. Shaking the very dust on the ground and blowing away a horde of smoke. It was like a mountain erupting. Sam's very own bike shifted like it was pushed by the air.

"What the!?" Sam spun around. Her goggles locked on the mouth of the Maw canyon.

Meanwhile, all remaining Drakes seemed to pitch around in a panic. Fleeing from the expanse in a giant southern-most retreat.

"Oh boy." Sam stopped to reload her carbine. "This, could be bad."

Dozens of bodies and liters of Drake blood covered the trampled expanse. The retreat of the Drake horde had left exposed all of the bodies and lizards that the heroes had already killed. A truly terrible site. A massacre of lizard. A bountiful head of treasures.

Or a terrible feast for the Maw.

"Hey! Hey!" Sam started calling out to the others. "...We've got incoming!!"

Not that she needed too.

The ground started to shake again.

Something huge. Huge. Was climbing up from the canyons innermost depths. And it's very footsteps could shift the valley's soil.

"Hey! Hey!" Sam continued to wave her hands. "...I think we're gonna need bigger guns!!"

And they would too.

The biggest guns they could find.

. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom