Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Imperium Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.
image0.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Renn Garrick
  • Affiliation: Renn Garrick
  • Model: Axe
  • Modularity: None
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Durasteel ; plasma monofilament
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Axe
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Heavy
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Blade has a plasma monofilament that goes around it
Strengths:
  • The axe can turn its plasma monofilament at a moments notice
  • Its momentum combined with weight makes each strike very powerful.
Weaknesses:
  • The axe is very hot and radiates extreme heat
  • The weight of the axe means that you can be exposed if you miss a swing (momentum)
DESCRIPTION
The Imperium Axe is a powerful axe that can deflect lightsaber strikes. It had been given its fire by witches (who were quickly killed after). The axe can serve Renn well and can be called a “axe-shaped” lightsaber, having more power than one. (Side note: Lightsabers reach 1800 C)

image0.gif

Last edited:
Hey there, just looking this one over-

At average size for an axe, I imagine this would weigh more than "light."

Please elaborate on how the weapon can ignite.

How does the blade sustain its form while burning?

If the blade is cortosis, it is not going to cut through Beskar, and most definitely not easily. Please remove that strength.

Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

So I did some digging through canon for plasma projectors and the only thing I could come up with was this. Since you're definitely not getting the desired effect out of that, I'm going to assume you're utilizing the next best thing, which would be a plasma monofilament that would give it a cutting edge akin to a lightsaber.

That still doesn't give it the ability to cut through Beskar easily, though it may give it the ability to do so over time. The problem with that is that Cortosis in its unrefined form is extremely brittle, and would be compromised very quickly when striking Beskar. Refined, it would wear down much more slowly, but it's not going to speed up the process by any great amount.

I'm going to assume that you're utilizing refined cortosis, because in its raw form it would be impossible to slap a plasma filament on it due to the way the ore sabotages energy fields.

So, the surface of the axe overall wouldn't necessarily be hot, but the edge would be at lightsaber heat. You can revise accordingly, if you'd like.

"Can cut in the same way as a Lightsaber" would be a sufficient change. I'd remove the bit about Beskar, though; as a Lightsaber can cut through the metal over time, you still get what you want out of the deal but it's not happening at any extreme rate.

To be even more blunt, you're hitting with a plasma filament almost 100 percent of the time. Using cortosis actually weakens the overall potential of this weapon. The heavier the axe is, the more potential damage you get. You'd be best served by durasteel, duranium, impervium, beskar, neuranium- any number of heavier metals that would afford it that extra oomph.

Against a weapon that's heavier and resistant to plasma, this would realistically start to deform after several strikes. Coupled with that and the fact that you'd only benefit from the cortosis while blocking with the flat of the axe, you're much better off opting for a gauntlet or some armor that has the ability to short out lightsabers, separate from your weapon.

Also, with a plasma filament, the entire weapon wouldn't be covered in plasma, so you can remove that strength. The overall heat of the weapon with a filament wouldn't be unmanageable enough to make it a weakness either, so that could also be removed.

Let me know what you think.

Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

Alkor Centaris Alkor Centaris I did look around and looked up while, discovered the temperature of the fire during the show could instantly melt beskar, there was about 8 of them all blue flames 3000 degrees Fahrenheit, and I gave mine almost 3000 degrees Celsius, if this is not correct or you are unable to still approve it, I won’t argue and drop the strength. Very sorry. I will be changing the projector shortly.

A plasma filament is not going to burn at the same heat as a forge, and even if it could it would destroy the Cortosis, which has a much lower melting point than Beskar. So that concept isn't going to work.

Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

Last edited:
So to recap, please remove the strength that involves the axe being hot, as well as the weakness. They're both void with the changes we've discussed.

You're also going to want to add plasma monofilament to your list of materials.

Also, I see you haven't changed from Cortosis for the material on the axe, or increased the weight rating, or removed the strength involving shorting out lightsabers. Could you explain your reasoning to me?

Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn

I'd honestly encourage you to change the material because it clashes with your vision for the weapon. You can block lightsabers with the plasma filament already, and as it would have weight behind it, it has an edge in close combat with them. There's no reason for you to have Cortosis for this.

So, the heavier you make the weapon, the more advantage it has when they clash. That would be a better focus for you.

The way I'd set it up would be

Strengths:

• Plasma filament: can cut similarly to a lightsaber and melt through metals over time.
  • Weighted: because it has weight, unlike a traditional lightsaber, it can handle other weapons with weight better and has the potential to knock away lightsabers in a clash.
Weaknesses:
  • Heavy: Because it is a bit cumbersome, the user must rely on momentum rather than finesse to efficiently utilize the weapon.
  • Downtime: When monofilament is inactive, the weapon is prone to strikes from a lightsaber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom