Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech R82 Precision Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
R82.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Powerful Precision Rifle
Image Source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/B1Zxz
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Renn Garrick, Agents of Chaos
Affiliation: Agents of Chaos
Model: N/A
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel (https://starwars.fan.../wiki/Durasteel)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Slugthower, scattershot
Size: Very Large (48 in 120 cm)
Weight: Heavy
Ammunition Type: Slugs
Ammunition Capacity: 2 Sniper rounds and 2 12 gauge shotgun rounds
Reload Speed: Very Slow
Effective Range: Extreme/Personal
Rate of Fire: High
Stopping Power: Extreme
Recoil: Very High

SPECIAL FEATURES

4 Barrels
2 triggers
x10 Sniper scope

Strengths:

The gun can fire two shots at once
Secondary Shotgun mode for close Quarters
Bullets can go through a foot of Durasteel
Bullets can be placed in at once with speed clip
The sniper’s shot have a very long range and can hit about 2000 m accurately (below longest recorded sniper shot)

Weaknesses:

Very low reload speed
No sight for shotgun
Loud
A switch to change barrels (top and bottom) can be clunky and hard to use
High recoil
The sniper scope can make close shots harder to hit
Shotgun is very close range

DESCRIPTION
Renn Garrick got bored one day, deciding to do something he created this piece of technology. It used a switch to change barrels and was very powerful. He made it for the Agents of Chaos, purely for the money it could get him. It has 4 barrels and a x10 scope, meant for shotgun and sniper rounds (2 on top 2 on bottom). Upon flipping the switch the mechanism inside the gun changes the barrels in use by moving the firing pin down.

[member="Renn Garrick"],

Hey there. This is a really interesting concept. Not something we see here on the daily. So I got a couple things to ask and check up on.

Renn Garrick said:
Size: Very Large (48 in)
Thank you for listing the length of the firearm, however, I am gonna have to ask that you change this to the metric system instead of the imperial system. I believe 48 inches should almost be 122 cms.

Renn Garrick said:
Ammunition Type: Slugs
So with a sniper you have long range slugs. That I understand. However, what kinds of rounds does the shotgun use? Just your normal scattershot? Solid slugs? Incendiary? Bee hives? Also, if you do add on the shotgun types, can you separate them so that the Sniper rifle portion uses just slugs, and the shotgun rounds use whatever you choose to go with? Just making sure that your submission stays clean and easy to read.

Renn Garrick said:
Effective Range: Extreme/Personal
I understand what you are going for here, that it has an extremely long range, however I am going to need a little bit of justification for that amount of range on this weapon. Name as it is mentioned in the Ranged Technology Template for "Battlefield and Extreme will require justification in strengths and weaknesses." Normally we don't have people toting around weapons that can reach all the way across the horizon.

Renn Garrick said:
A switch to change barrels (top and bottom) can be clunky and hard to use
How exactly does this work? Do you physically turn the barrels? or do you flip a switch onto the stock to change which firing pins operate? If you don't mind explaining how this operates in your description of the rifle, that would be awesome!

Renn Garrick said:
Renn Garrick got bored one day, deciding to do something he created this piece of technology. It used a switch to change barrels and was very powerful. He made it for the Agents of Chaos, purely for the money it could get him. It has 4 barrels and a x10 scope, meant for shotgun and sniper rounds (2 on top 2 on bottom)
As with the mention of having a little more explanation on the weapon, i'd really like to see what else make you feel like making this weapon, or why the character wanted to come up with such a radical idea? I mean, I get it, everyone gets bored! but I feel like there is more of a story to tell with this weapon.

Renn Garrick said:
x10 Sniper scope
Since you do mention that it uses a x10 scope, which is SUPER zoomed in, I recommend adding the weakness that this scope can't be changed so it makes the weakness of not having a scope for the shotgun that much stronger.

This is a different idea that I would like to see passed and approved. But, if you have any questions or concerns about anything let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom