Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Factions

Should Staff regulate Minor Faction Creation?

• Yes

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening!

In the light of the staff voice conference, the topic was brought up about minor factions. At the moment, there is free reign with the creation of these factions. What was proposed was that we regulate it better so that we have a handle on how many minor factions are created that do absolutely nothing so that it may stand a better chance for these ideas to flourish. Staff is requesting the community's input on this idea. So please answer this question, your input is much appreciated.

Question:

Should Staff regulate Minor Faction Creation?

Remember I love you guys <3

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
What brought me here was the promise of open faction creation. That said, having a benchmark of having, say, three members would be a good criterion, because it's important to separate the good ideas from the vanity whims.

Exactly, my thoughts on this and why it was even brought up was that there is if I remember right over 100 minor factions. Now if you think about it - if 5 people have the same / similar idea they spread people joining. Though if they join together into one faction - they have a fairly active faction with just those 5 people not counting others that join it.

@[member="Darth Metus"] - it was just a general idea brought up depending on the vote more details will be discussed.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
More Staff Regulation = Less Freedom and Longer Waits
Freedom we were trusted with the honor system. I understand the intent but a simple regular clean-up might be better. Like a monthly check-in, only not so frequent and one faction admin checking in their faction instead of all of its members, to claim it from deletion.

I think without knowing what kind of regulations is in mind it is hard to vote yes. Don't want support something to find out what it turns out to be is not what you wanted or had in mind. Know what I'm saying? So without knowing what you mean by regulation I must vote no.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
This is probably more of a Daella or Tef question, but could a function be written that when a new faction is made if two more writers don't join within say, 24 hours, the faction is deleted? This could bring in a "regulation" in that idea's started without first finding support would be dealt with, and wouldn't require a staff approval for each individual faction.

Jaxton Ravos said:
This is probably more of a Daella or Tef question, but could a function be written that when a new faction is made if two more writers don't join within say, 24 hours, the faction is deleted? This could bring in a "regulation" in that idea's started without first finding support would be dealt with, and wouldn't require a staff approval for each individual faction.
Yes, but neither of us have the knowledge to write it.

Jaxton Ravos said:
You would PM a paragraph or something of your idea to a Staff member and upon creation it would be approved/disapproved - support would be needed that is why you post up in the Roleplay discussion to see an interest check.

I am not sure about that one Jaxton, but I know we can set it up to have you wait. Another thought was that we could have a check in / regulation of activity after 30 days if the Minor has don't nothing or has no activity then it would be set for deletion.

Spencer Jacobs said:
I am not sure about that one Jaxton, but I know we can set it up to have you wait. Another thought was that we could have a check in / regulation of activity after 30 days if the Minor has don't nothing or has no activity then it would be set for deletion.
I think that would be a much better idea IMO. Gives folks some room to do something and if not, well, away it goes.

Minimum number of posts to create a faction (I'd say 100), and then at least 3 active members to remain a faction. Would help reduce the clutter of minor factions that make finding a faction harder for new members.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
I think that the minor factions should be regulated, in that factions that have activity longer than 30 days, yet don't want to be Major Factions, can be called Minor Factions. Otherwise, you have thousands of mini-factions that just don't have anyone posting, yet they have over 30 *official* people in them.

So... yeah.... regulate, but don't slash & burn.

Tefoo said:
You'd have to PM a Staff member your idea first. @Selena Halcyon
I don't have a particular idea, as I honestly don't think there is a need to regulate them beyond culling the inactives. My statement was more general to anyone voting yes with an idea in mind. Their idea might be the one chosen, so they might not be voting yes for something that they actually support. It was a cautionary post.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
No. If anybody dislikes the clutter of the Faction Directory then they can just ask for a Closed Faction System with Admin Approval. Which would be weird, but anybody can certainly ask for it.

Factions are like Guilds in an MMO. They are going to be numerous, random, silly, clicky, and named things like: The MegaDeathVoltron Guild. And I am happy to say that if Game Developers are willing to let the players do whatever, then we can too.

I can only see two extremes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom