Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor Factions

Should Staff regulate Minor Faction Creation?

• Yes

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to throw this out there.

Are minor factions being spammed like the rank title request thread formerly was? No. In my opinion, I don't see the problem in leaving minor factions just the way they are. Having to PM a staffer your idea for approval is just way too much in my opinion. If this is a problem of the faction directory being clogged, then just delete the inactive ones after two months (or so) of sitting there or something. Bottom line, I think this proposal is adding too much micromanagement to a relatively simple system.

'Sides, all I've been seeing is the minor faction system being utilized beautifully lately. Before the faction pages are even made, interest checks are being tossed up. As it stands at this very moment, I don't see minor factions being a problem. So, now I'm curious, is there an issue or "possible" issue that staff is seeing with the minor faction system that would warrant this discussion? Or is this just one of those "upkeep" kinda deals?

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"].

I voted No, because I like the system as it stands. Some minor factions are, yes, "vanity factions". Or, they have IC reasons for existing. If we set up a system where if no one joins in 30 days or even 24 hours, we're limiting the amount of time between when the faction is made, and when new members or current members are drawn to join.

The current system allows faction admins to work on the minors over an extended period of time, drawing more interest the longer their roleplaying with those factions goes on. If we institute stricter regulations, we're going to see more well-built, pre-planned minors fail within the allowed time bracket AKA a faction where the work you put into it prior to making it becomes dead or, if there was an approval process, just sitting in the gutter.

@[member="Darth Metus"] thank you for your input :). Like I stated in the op this is just to see what everyone thought. My reasoning for bringing it up is that I see many minor factions crumble because of lack of interest, too many people are doing it , or it wasn't fully thought out. I want people to be successful and to be honest I prefer minor factions over major because they can basically do what they want as long as it's within reason. For example the Vagrant Fleet was a flotilla that harbored people and essentially developed into a floating school if you will. People enjoyed the idea it was different. Then it died and then transpired into the Fringe.

I love that growth and I want to see more of it.

I understand your concern Chupa and the last thing I want is something dying before it had a chance. Again I personally love minor factions and want to see more activity with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom