Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Memories of a Bygone Era

l-intro-1608080501.jpg

Coruscant. Long ago, it had been his home. A small room with few possessions. A horde of small animals hidden in the walls and gardens of the temple were his main claim to individuality. That and his armor and medals won through a youth spent getting shot, stabbed, burned. and blasted from one end of the galaxy to the other. What had it been for? Knowledge? He'd been denied that. Glory? Not worth it. The greater good? Maybe. But the Republic had been corrupt. It had festered and imploded on itself. What good then came of the chaos left in the wake of its death?

But that was decades ago. He'd been in his twenties. A pup, even by human standards. Now, he was only a pup by Zorren standards. He now had five-thousand years to wident he mark he left of the galaxy. But eighty-eight was still nothing to sneeze at. His bright golden eyes peered up at the towering spires of the jedi temple. When last they'd gazed at it, those eyes had looked so much younger. His body however, had hardly changed. A little more defined maybe, a few more scars under the runed robes he wore, and the sith tattoo on his back hadn't been faded from attempts at removal.

His armored robes had been covered by a black cloak of a far lighter fabric. It covered and draped over his form, obscuring all but the black tail which swished behind him. Those golden eyes that beheld the beauty of the galaxy's shining center of civilization hid beneath a large cowl. His form was hunched over a wooden cane, gilded with gold and the mark of the Vitae Alliance on its head. He was almost a century old, why shouldn't have a little fun and act like it? Even if his body had barely aged into a human's mid twenties.

The steady tap of his cane brought him closer to the grand steps of the Jedi Temple. A lone black figure in the sea of Coruscanti denizens, he somehow stood out amidst the crowd, somehow both belonging and completely out of place. This had been his home. Twice. He'd abandoned it both times. Now he was but a visitor. A ghost from a bygone era. The republic was dead. But perhaps this Galactic Alliance might be worth the attention. Maybe it would be worth Veradune's involvement in its affairs. That was what the former Valde was there to see.

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Lightsaber, Nightsister Energy Bow
Tags: Vulpesen Vulpesen

"Grisial! Come on, no jumping around on the bed!" Dreidi moaned, the crystal fox had a nasty habit of jumping on her beds and shedding all the crystal fur there, nowhere else. Just the one place where Dreidi wanted to relax.

It was like Grisial was adamant that she would suffer during the night for making him sleep on the floor on a soft pillow. Instead of falling asleep in bed with Dreidi, which she would have liked but he was very fidgety during the night and tended to kick around so it was safer for her for him to sleep in his own bed. Saves having to explain to others that she isn't being abused with random bruises on her body, just her Vulptex was very active when he was sleeping.

Grisial looked at her, she could sense his emotions through their bond. She sighed deeply, "I... I know this is strange and there's not a lot of nature around here but you got to settle. We got to be on our best behaviour so the Jedi Council don't regret allowing you to follow me around the temple." Dreidi pointed out, Grisial seemed to settle his emotions and nod his head. Dreidi could sense that there was still the excitement of travelling around and checking the temple out more but he was not being as troublesome about it.

She petted Grisial a bit and smiled, grateful that he was more settled before she rose and finished donning her Jedi garb. Tying her hair into a loose bun, she patted the side of her leg to have Grisial follow her closely. "Shouldn't be too busy but stick close, don't want you lost on our full first day here." Dreidi admitted, there were some fears she still held about having Grisial around, but she felt him nudge her leg and rub against her to reassure her. She smiled and nodded her head.

"Let's go then."

Wandering around the temple, Dreidi pointed out the areas that she found important and places she knew that she would be travelling often with Grisial. She found herself noticing someone, they were wearing dark robes and heading towards the entrance. She knew the guards were likely to prevent anyone not a Jedi from entering the temple, security was strict but she stepped towards them. Grisial followed her, his curiosity demonstrated in his movements as he walked with her, "Hello there, are you looking for a Jedi?" Some people come visiting looking for help of a Jedi.

The closer she got, she noticed his features, they were similar to hers, he was a Zorren as well. "I... You're... You're Zorren as well..." She was curious, her mother was the only one she had met with her features. "Are... are you related to my mother Jairdain?" The chances were unlikely but also quite likely since she knew there weren't many Zorren left.

Vulpesen's eyes flicked towards the blonde woman who began to approach him. The sight of the vulptex at her side brought a smile to his face and he couldn't help but draw a parallel it and Ace who squirmed slightly in his pocket. The similarities didn't stop there as he saw he obvious golden eyes and pointed ears. His eyes darted to her hands to see the clawed nails that confirmed his suspicions. 'One of us,' he thought. He question made him straighten a bit, but still he kept his ruse as an infirm man, not quite coming to his full height or lifting the hood.

"I suppose I am. I figured the jedi could use a consultant, especially if they intend to teach our kind. A Zorren should know the Wilder arts." Meeting a Zorren outside of Veradune was impressive. Her comment on her mother however, about floored him. 'What is it about this family and jedi?' He couldn't help it. He laughed, His voice barked out in reductions incredulity and his head threw back, bringing him to his full height and ending his ruse. His dark hair, streaked with a single stripe of white fell out of the hood and his youthful features came onto display. "Aye, I am."

After his fit, Vulpesen lowered his head to look the girl in the eye, a fanged smirk growing on his face. "I suppose that would make you my niece, miss." He offered a small bow as he issued his introduction. "Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, Head of the Vitae Security Forces, ex-Valde of Veradune, head of House Torrevaso, and Arch Wilder of the Vitae Sect. A pleasure to meet you." He felt another shuffle in his pocket and a glowing blue lupine head appeared to fix Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic with a curious stare. "And that would be my companion, Ace."

Tags: Vulpesen Vulpesen

A relative of hers was here. One that she had not met till this day but one that she had heard about from her mother. Her breathing was calm and she seemed stoic as she assessed the older Zorren, however Grisial decided it would be a better idea of demonstrating her nerves and cautious feelings since she hadn't seen her mother in decades. She had no idea whether she was alive or not. "Wilder arts?" Dreidi tilted her head confused by that term, one could suppose that her Dathomir Magick was a wilder art but was there something specific to the Zorren ways?

That she would have no idea about.

"Pleasure to meet you Vulpesen. Or I guess, you are Uncle Vulpesen." It felt strange to say that to a total stranger. "I am Dreidi Xeraic, Jedi Knight and Witch of Dathomir. Part Dathomirian from my father side." Dreidi explained as she noted Ace, it was similar to the animal that her mother had, "my mother had one as well." Dreidi attempted to remember the name, "Sage. That was his name." It clicked in her mind and she could remember all the times she played with Sage and joys she had. It was probably why she was so happy to have Grisial with her.

Looking from Vulpesen and Ace, she looked to Grisial, "this is Grisial. He is a Vulptex, we urm... We bonded after I saved him." Dreidi informed her uncle as the Vulptex approached Vulpesen and gave a cautious sniff.

"I am not sure I can be the one to allow you into the temple, but I can contact Master Valery Noble Valery Noble to see if you can enter." Dreidi admitted, she knew the temple was very protective of who it allowed in and who couldn't enter.

She dropped the Jedi Master a message in the hopes that something could be sorted swiftly. Dreidi then looked to the older Zorren, her uncle, it was strange to say that. "What can you tell me about yourself since we are related?" Her tone wasn't hostile but it wasn't the warmth one would assume a person would have meeting a new relative. But Dreidi had a lot of issues when it came to family.

Vulpesen sighed inwardly at the girls confusion. Of course she wasn't aware of the Wilders. Now he wondered what other parts of her culture had been lost in her education. "I spent some time on Dathomir, myself. Actually, its very likely you've got a cousin running around out there, though her mother made it clear that she doesn't really care for me visiting." Hearing her talk of Sage, Vulpesen rose a brow at the struggle of memory. "I knew Sage. Pretty sure I introduced them."

The sniff on his hand didn't go unnoticed and Vulpesen knelt down to pet the crystalline pelt of the creature, using a modicum of the force to ensure there was no unnecessary apprehension. "I take it you haven't seen your mother in a while. I hope she's been well." His hand lowered to scratch beneath Grisial's chin. "If you'd be so kind. I'd like to see how my old homes changed over the decades," he said in response to her suggestion to call the master.

Her question, or rather, its clinical nature, didn't escape his attention and he stood up from his affections tot he vulptex before answering. "Well, until rather recently, I was the Valde of Veradune, a place where you are always welcome to visit. I'm currently acting as the Archwilder of my Widler Sect. Think of me as something of a local Grand Master. I'm currently running a security and arms company on the side, and I'm the father of two amazing children who are running the planet while I stretch my legs in the wide old galaxy." His voice was kept polite, and while he did his best to keep it warm and friendly, he knew better than to push his luck. It had been similar when he learned he had a sister, and also when he had first met his parents. "Before all that, I was a jedi, a sith, albeit undercover, and I was raised on Amar by an adoptive father named Zarro." There was a bit of pain in that last bit of history. Zarro had been kind, and as much a father as anyone could hope. But Zorrens lived a long time. Far longer than any Amaran.

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Vulpesen Vulpesen

"I'm coming with!" Vera called out to her mother, as she walked through the Temple hallways to meet a new arrival. Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic had requested her presence not long ago, so as soon as she was able to, Valery began walking towards the main entrance. But, as she should have expected, her curious 7-year-old had picked up on her mother's presence, and rushed after her to see what was going on.

"That's alright, sweetie. Just be polite to our guest, hm?" She asked with a warm smile, and Vera quickly nodded before adjusting to a calmer pace alongside her mom. Together, they'd soon pass through the open doors of the Temple, greet a few Temple guards along the way, and stop at the top of the staircase. She already spotted Dreidi not too far away, but there was a man with her as well.

Vera, of course, wasn't looking at either of them — she had spotted the Vulptex and stared at it with excitement in her widened eyes. She loved animals, so all she wanted now was to run after it and play with it, but she decided against it and followed her mother towards the two first.

"Hello," Valery began with a kind smile, "I'm assuming this is our visitor?" she then asked Dreidi before respectfully dipping her head to the stranger. "I"m Master Valery Noble. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Vera!" the little girl quickly added in, her multi-colored eyes staring at the man for a moment now.

Tags: Vulpesen Vulpesen | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Dreidi nodded her, keeping it in mind since she knew that there was not many Dathomirians so it wouldn't be difficult to find them if she truly felt a desire to do so. "That would make sense, he was a sweet animal, less chaotic than that one." Nodding her head to Grisial, "he tends to be troublesome and chaotic when he relaxes around others." While normally Grisial might be relaxed by the aura from Vulpesen, his connection to Dreidi still had him cautious and not seeking the petting and attention from the stranger, Dreidi was uncertain therefore Grisial couldn't be certain.

"Over 10 years." Dreidi stated in a cold tone, she had moved past the upset and pain but did not forgive her mother for it, "she abandoned me and my sister after my father died and not really seen her since then. Saw the man she abandoned us for though." Dreidi had a little venom there, she held no dislike for Jax but finding out your mother was absent of your childhood but engaged and 6 months after her father died, it was a hard sell.

Nodding her head, she would keep note of where she was allowed to visit in the future if she decided to do that. She heard Master Valery and her daughter, she turned and offered a bow and smile to the Jedi Master and her daughter. "Greetings to you both. Master Noble, this is former Jedi, Vulpesen."

"He is my uncle, I just found out today." Dreidi added some context. While she had greeted them both, Grisial looked from Vulpesen and bounced over, he walked over and bowed his head to Valery in time Dreidi's bow before looking over to Vera and giving her a lick on the face.

Communicating with her a message of hello, and wishing to play. "Shouldn't you ask Master Noble if Vera can play Grisial?" Dreidi sighed, the Vulptex didn't seem to be concerned with that though and waited for Vera's response.

"Vulpesen was hoping to visit the temple, perhaps offer assistance in teaching and sharing his knowledge." Dreidi mentioned to Valery, catching her up to date on what was being sought after.

Jairdain's apparent disappearance made Vulpesen wince and while he was quick to remove it, there was a hint of pity shown on his face as he recognized the all too familiar pain of abandonment. He himself had been left in the care of another shortly after his birth, though he had also been fortunate enough to find his family and a planet to call home. Suddenly Dreidi's cold demeanor made far more sense. She wasn't cautious of a stranger. There was a fear of the blood. Already, Vulpesen decided that it was something that needed work. But that could wait as more pressing matters arrived with a child in tow.

"Archwilder Vulpesen Torrevao of the Vitae Sect, previously Master Torrevaso, of the Jedi Shadows of the republic. The pleasure is mine," he stated with a dip of his own head. A more lengthy title could be saved for later. A father himself, Vulpesen knew all too well the desire to save time in business "Miss Xeraic is exactly right. I've spent enough time away, tending to my home. I believe that now's the time to pursue more varied and impactful pursuits, at least, as far as the outside galaxy is concerned." He wondered if there existed some record of him in the temple beyond the steps where they stood. Histories of a young warrior who had clawed his way through blood and foxholes to reach the rank of master. And his disappearance before the fall of the Republic that would have created such records.

"Besides, if you're apparently going to be teaching zorrens to use the force, you ought to have someone who can teach them what they were born to know." His tone was friendly enough as he addressed the deficit. Afterall, it wasn't the jedis' fault that Dreidi was ignorant of her culture. The Zorrens had been missing from the galactic stage for centuries before Vulpesen's intervention. Their arts had been forgotten before the the windfall that was the netherworld crisis. "And if others pick up the skills of taming the wilds, then all the better."

Ace who had been nestled in the pocket of Vulpesen's robe now chose his moment to introduce himself, leaping to trot towards Vera, the azure ashlan wolf stood straight and proud despite his six inch height, wagging his tail as he approached.

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Valery Noble Valery Noble

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"A former Jedi Shadow?" Valery asked with a smile. "I was once a Shadow myself, but it's rare to meet others these days." Just a small observation before she focused on what really brought him here. He was offering to share his wisdom, and considering he was a former Jedi, Valery didn't feel as if she needed to worry about him being trustworthy or not. The Temple was a home to many, children included, so she was extremely careful with who she allowed access.

It wasn't anything personal, but she'd rather deny someone who meant no harm on accident, rather than risk bringing a threat anywhere near the younger Initiates and Padawans.

"I'm sure a lot of Jedi would be interested to learn from you. Did you want to just occasionally visit, or have a room here at the Temple so you can stay here as well?" It was just a matter of preference, and she wouldn't mind making those arrangements for him at all if he wanted a place to stay occasionally. "As for taming the wilds..." Valery glanced down at Vera, who was squealing happily after Grisial had licked her face.

"Look, mommy!" She called out, as she began to gently pet the creature. But if that wasn't awesome enough already, an Ashlan wolf made his way over too, and Vera had never seen one before! "So cute!" She grinned, and very gently approached Ace with her hand, so she could pet him too.

Dreidi just listened to the two Masters of the Force, there was little input that she could offer and little she could say since she wasn't of any high rank. She was a mere Jedi Knight, a fairly recent Jedi Knight as well. One that had been knighted outside the New Jedi Order since her Master had not been a part of the Order. So knowing where her place was, it was hard to say. However, she was still aiming to listen, observe and determined to prove her place as a solid addition to the Order.

While Dreidi was watching the two Masters, Grisial was watching Vera. The young child was thrilled by his actions which was excellent and there was a tiny wolf looking to join them. Grisial was even more thrilled, more people to play with. He bounced around all excited and his positivity and energetic vibes could be felt through the Force to all. It had been too long since Grisial had a chance to play, especially since Dreidi was focused on seeing how their bond worked and making sure Grisial was trained well enough to look after himself.

Grisial just wanted to play and bring more positivity. Something that he knew that Dreidi shared but never expressed.

Dreidi remained stoic and just looked between the two Masters. "Taming of the wilds? What is the things that Zorrens are born to know?" Dreidi was lost on what she had missed out on.

Vulpesen smiled at the sudden comradery of the jedi master. The life of a shadow was one of suspicion and danger, and as such, was an easy way to find common ground with those who had shared such a life. "That's a good question," he responded to her query on his living situation. "Truth be told, I don't think there's a property on Coruscant I couldn't afford. However, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the nostalgic sort. I think I'll leave it to you. If you've a bed to give an old soldier, I won't deny it, but don't worry yourself if you'd rather keep it open. The fennec pistol alone sells enough for me to afford a nearby bed should I decide to stay for longer than a few days."

Taming the wilds, of course, was the comment that seemed to take the most notice, though that wasn't really surprising. Rather, Vulpesen simply smiled at the open end of Valery's speech, and Dreidi's outright questioning before he answered. "The Zorren Wilders believe in the spirit of the wilds. Where Jedi see light and dark, we simply see nature and the blight, that which would corrupt and destroy the balance of nature. Our gifts are given from the spirit and present in ways that the jedi don't really teach. To speak plainly, I can teach you to control the elements and use them to your advantage. And while the jedi seek to tame beasts, we take it a step forward to embody them." To illustrate his point, Vulpesen concentrated and focused inwards, It was a skill he had practiced often enough that he no longer required a verbal component or his dathomiri talisman. With a flash of flight, the Wilder would be gone and in its place, a five tailed Veran Fox, staring at the jedi and child with as near a grin as such a muzzle could muster.

Of course, he had left out several other skills he could teach, but as Zarro had taught him, a fine pitch never lay in the details. Later he could speak of the Way of Whispering Wilds and the Way of the Trees. But now was the time to impress and show just how much he could impart if they allowed him to stay and impart his wisdom.

Ace, for his part, was happy to receive the child's affection. His head lifted to press against her palm while he emitted happy chitter. His fur fluffed and his tail wagged as he danced around her fingers. When it came to ambassadors of the species, Vulpesen never doubted that his blue companion was the best.

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"We have plenty of room here at the Temple, so feel free to bring over anything you need," Valery said with a kind smile before she listened to what the two said about the Spirit of the wilds. It was different from what the Jedi taught, but it wasn't a polar opposite view either. Light and Dark, or nature and the blight blight — there were some similarities, it seemed. Perhaps in the past, the Jedi still wouldn't have been too receptive of it, given how they trained their new younglings from such a young age, that very little of their former cultures followed along.

These days, many Jedi embraced a lot more about where they came from, and as long as it didn't conflict with what it meant to be a Jedi, Valery never saw any harm in it.

"Perhaps I'll attend a class as well if you end up teaching when I'm at the Temple. I'd love to listen in," she said with a dip of her head, but there seemed to be a lot more to it than she originally thought. It wasn't just controlling the elements, but becoming one with nature in a way. Vulpesen was quick to demonstrate it by changing forms, and Valery just blinked in response at first. "Hmm, can't say I've seen someone do that before," she said with a chuckle.

Meanwhile, Vera was laughing and playing with her new friends, and even began to run around a little to try and get them to follow. Valery watched it with motherly love in her eyes, but turned back to the other two after a moment.

"Did you want to come inside already? Perhaps for some tea and food?"

A property on Coruscant that Vulpesen couldn't afford. How much money did that side of her family have? Dreidi had healthy amount, she was never struggling for credits but attempting to afford an apartment, even in lower levels was costly and would eat massively into her budgets. So hearing that her uncle held a lot of money made her raise her eyebrow then shake her head, she shouldn't have been surprised. Though perhaps if she were to take more of a role in Verun politics and nobilities, she could live a similar luxurious life like Corazona. She attempted to picture herself in such a lifestyle then had to stifle a laugh, it was pretty outrageous and certainly not the life that she wanted. Especially if it was anything close to what her friend had to live with.

Dreidi listened, the talk of spirits and elements seemed to fit in line with the way of Magick she had honed. While she did not embody an animal, she could forge connections and understand them through Magick on a deeper level so nothing seemed to be new to her on that regard. When Vulpesen took a step back and shifted into an animal, Dreidi tilted her head, she was more surprised that Master Valery hadn't seen that particular power demonstrated before. "I've only seen one other person be able to transform into animals. However, they were not Zorren," Dreidi informed the Jedi Master. Thinking of Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari , "I didn't realise this was a thing that my people could learn to do, though there was much of the Zorren I had not been taught. Should be interesting to learn more about them."

"I was just glad I didn't end up with a tail like my mother had." Dreidi confessed, the idea of a tail had not been something that appealed to Dreidi, she felt it was too much.

Grisial was having the time of his life, chasing Vera around, attempting to play a game of tag with both Ace and Vera as he ran around. It was good to see him wearing himself out. Dreidi knew that he would then settle better this evening and be more comfortable sleeping. Grisial was being gentle in his play as well, having assessed both Ace and Vera as small and fragile, not wishing the harm them so he approached the idea of play with a softer touch. Dreidi would encourage more rougher play and play fighting to have fun with Grisial but also train his skills in fighting through the play fighting. It did mean that she would get marked and be sore from it but she never seemed phased so neither did Grisial.

The idea of a jedi master attending one of his classes would have brought a smile to the wilder’s face had he been capable of such expressions, and he gave a grateful nod to the offering of a room. At Valery’s suggestion to retire into the temple, Vulpesen opened his mouth respond, only to find a choked growl coming from the fanged maw. Right, he thought, Wrong vocal cords.

The mass of black fur shrunk back into the shape of the humanoid Zorren and Vulpesen cleared his new throat. “That would be nice. It’s been a bit of a flight and a walk.” Waiting for Valery to take the lead, he followed behind, offering Dredi an expression of mock hurt. “For shame! I take pride in my tail.” The black brush flicked up into his arms. “But it really does help with balance, especially when we go into a full run.” He glanced over her eyes and fanged teeth. “You look like you’ve been trialed. I assume you’ve found your secondary joints.” A hand went down to pat his hip.

The trials of a Zorren could be rough, and inwardly Vulpesen wondered what Dreidi might have been through to trigger the transformation. Of course, the life of a jedi in the era of war wasn’t something light and easy, especially when one didn’t have their parents. In hindsight, it was a wonder that he hadn’t been trialed soon by his time on the battlefields of the Republic. “Theres a lot for you to learn when it comes to being Zorren. But don’t worry too much. I think I was about your age when I found out I wasn’t human.”

jeditemplebanner.png

NJO Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Very well, right this way," Valery said with another kind smile before she turned on her heels and began leading the way inside the Temple. Vera didn't seem to make any effort to follow them though — she was far too busy playing tag with her new friends, and continued running around just outside the Temple. Luckily, she now knew better than to bring that inside after her mom and dad had told her several times.

While they walked, Valery listened to the conversation between the other two, and made some mental notes. She clearly didn't understand everything, but she could pick up on a couple of things. Perhaps if he taught some classes, she could learn more about it all, which in turn would help her guide others of their species if they were to come here.

"Any preferences for food or drinks?" Valery asked once they reached the large mess hall. "Not that we serve anything too crazy here, but some have stricter diets than others." She chuckled and gestured for a seat. "I'd also love to know more about where you've all been. You mentioned tending to your home, but you were also once a Jedi. Sounds like you have quite a story to tell, hm?"

Dreidi shrugged, "tails tend to be features that make you stand out. Hard to be inconspicuous with one," she pointed out as she wasn't bothered by the tail herself, she could blend in easily enough at the moment and that offered her more advantages in terms of what she could do with Jedi missions. Shrugging her shoulders, "I've not had much need to run that quickly but I know how to adjust. I tend to use it to heighten my flexibility and movements in combat."

"My mother had informed me of our people a long time ago. I didn't trial till I was an adult though." Dreidi stated, she hadn't been in the dark but she hadn't turned till more recently. Looking to Master Noble, Dreidi allowed Vulpesen to offer his dietary preferences, she knew there were some things lethal for her people but they were also not food items featured in everything. Dreidi looked over to Grisial and could tell that he was enjoying the time outside and being able to play with others. Especially with those who could match his levels of energy.

Grisial roamed around and sought to play hide and seek with Vera and Ace since he was eager to demonstrate his skills in hiding and ability to squirrel around.

"I've survived off battle rations for weeks on end. I've learned to not be picky." He'd also learned as as a world leader and a traitor to the sith, how not to be poisoned. It was true that his diet could be limited, but he doubted such foods were particularly common among the jedi. And if they were found in his meal, such was the benefit of having the force. It wouldn't be the first time that Vulpesen had healed himself to cure an upset stomach.

"I've been everywhere," he said in response to the master's second question. "Battled sith across the galaxy from Hapes, to Togoria, to Korriban, to Empress Teta." The last had been where he had left the jedi. Even now, he wondered where life would have taken him had he not taken that mission upon himself. "Probably bits of me still on those planets. Got some of my ear buried in the sands of Geonosis and I've probably got a pint of blood sitting in a Hapan crater along with what's left of my first lightsaber."

He turned his attention back to Dreidi, relief crossing briefly over his face as she explained her lack of complete ignorance to what she was. "Fantastic. And it looks like your trialed at a good age. Last thing you want is to get it done early. Makes partying in the cantinas a bit difficult." His thoughts drifted monetarily to home and his eyes peered over to the child playing with Grisial and Ace, the latter of which was doing his best to maneuver the games towards the walking adults. "My kids were chomping at the bit to get theirs done. I swear, we almost had to chain them to the front door to keep them from running into the forest. They'd have survived, but I needed someone to take my place when I retired. People would find it hard to trust a Valde who doesn't look old enough to drive a speeder."

Valery Noble Valery Noble Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom