Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meeting the Noble Sword

Outfit: Training gear
Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Several weeks had passed since Lily had first arrived at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. She hadn't left the temple as of yet, the busy life on the streets still seemed too daunting for her and while she was still getting lost in the temple, Lily figured that getting lost on her exploration of the planet would not go well. Especially with the dangers of the lower levels, or at least the rumours she had heard about the dangers that lurked under Coruscant's surface.

For now, Lily enjoyed her stable, grounded routine. Each morning, she woke, dressed in her training gear while wandering her way to the training rooms. There she would spend a couple of hours in the early morning practicing her Echani fighting or attempting to remember the early forms of Lightsaber combat that her aunt taught her years ago. Lily wasn't as a fighter in the Jedi ways as she wanted to be, the moves were not necessarily complex in her mind but the practical use was always in the forefront of her mind.

The Jedi were warriors, or at least they fought to ensure there was balance. Briana mentioned that her skills she gained as a Jedi might be needed to be used against others. With that in mind, Lily approached each move in the forms as one of either a move that would save her life or one that would disarm or end the life of another.

The intensity she gave the training caused her to sweat and in need of a break. Her breathing heavy as she wandered to where she placed her bottle of water. Hydrating herself as she thought about the next set of movements she needed to practice. "These practice sabers are definitely not like Echani swords…" Lily muttered to herself, the feel of the weight and movements was completely different.

She was dreading the idea of how an actual Lightsaber would feel in her hands.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber
Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

"Training going well?"

Valery had approached rather quietly after she had sensed someone else inside the training room. There was no morning class here today, so usually, that meant she was alone in the training rooms. But after finishing up her own routine and feeling someone else training, she figured that she'd take a look.

Especially because she didn't recognize the presence, and wanted to meet who she believed was rather new.

Stepping inside the room, Valery looked like she had just gone through a fairly intense workout herself. Sweat covered her forehead, with strands of hair sticking to it, her muscles were tightened a little, and she was somewhat red in the face. But none of it stopped her from offering a friendly smile.

"I hope I didn't bother or interrupt, but I don't believe we've met yet?" she asked.

"I'm Master Noble."

Lily stiffed, being observed, it had been something that tingled at the back of her mind and not all too surprising. Colette had been caught staring at her before and Lily had started to assume that Jedi liked to watch each other. Perhaps evaluating or curious to understand how another might approach the same techniques. Lily looked over and offered a sheepish smile, still feeling new and unused to be observed.

"Still early days with your Jedi styles." Lily stated in a quiet, soft tone. She shook her head, Lily had been taking a break so it was not too disturb to need an apology in her mind. "It is fine, I am new, only been here a few weeks." Lily answered, her accent laced with the heavy Echani tones.

Realising this was the Jedi Master Valery Noble, Sword of the New Jedi Order. Basically the leader from what Lily could understand, she coughed a little and bowed her head politely. "I'm... I'm Lily Decoria, you assigned me to Master Briana." Lily introduced herself.

"How... How was your training?" Lily asked, trying to remain polite, calm and ensuring she put her best foot forward for this first impression.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Ah!" Valery smiled when she realized who the young woman actually was. It was Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren 's new Padawan, and now that she got a better look at Lily, she remembered again. Out here in the training room, she just looked a little different, but there was no way Valery would forget her name. It had taken just a little bit of convincing to get Briana to train a Padawan, and Lily ended up being the one.

"It's good to finally meet you, Padawan Decoria," she said with a genuinely warm smile.

"My training went well, I only just finished up. But I sensed your presence and figured I'd introduce myself." She looked around the room again for a short moment, before her fiery gaze focused on Lily. "You mentioned that you're working on Jedi forms of lightsaber combat? Does it feel natural, or is there something you're struggling with?" she then asked.

"Some styles are closer to Echani than others, after all."

"Padawan Decoria..." Lily let the feel of that ring around in her mind. That was her title now, it was strange to hear it out loud but she was not against the way it sounded. "Sorry, I am just adjusting to the changes." She confessed as she placed her towel and bottle done, allowing herself to stretch her limbs as they talked.

Sensed her? Was that a possible thing through the Force or was it perhaps a thing that Master Noble's race could do? There were too many possibilities. "Sensed me? Through the Force?" Lily asked, curious to know how she was sensed. She then thought about the Jedi combat forms and what difficulties she faced with it all. "Nothing is tricky with the techniques, I understand the separate movements and how to make it all flow."

"I guess the biggest issue is learning to use such skills practically. Especially using a Lightsaber, these training sabers do not have the weight a normal sword feels." Lily admitted, there was no shame in admitting her limitations. "I was skilled in hand to hand combat more than melee weapons though my aunt did ensure I could use a sword to a decent level." Most of her previous training from her aunt seemed to be angled at becoming a Jedi though it wasn't always clear till she was here and learning what it took to be a Jedi.

"Do you know Echani fighting?" Lily asked curious, it wasn't uncommon for outsiders to know such skills but it wasn't something Lily knew to be common place.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"That's understandable, it's quite an adjustment to most people," Valery said with an understanding dip of her head. Unlike the days of old, when Jedi began their journey as infants, most started training much older. Often as adults, even. So to step away from one's original way of living to become a Jedi rarely was an easy thing.

Lily then asked about Valery having sensed her, and Valery just chuckled, "It's something you'll learn very soon, as it's a more basic skill. But yes, I can sense you through the Force. Most living beings have a distinct presence that can be felt, as long as something doesn't try to hide it." From other abilities to artifacts — there was a lot that could hide a Force presence, but there was no need to really get into that yet.

"You'll get used to the weapon, and experience with it in the field will teach a lot. Training and real encounters are quite different, and both are important to your development." She smiled and then dipped her head at the final question.

"A long time ago, I studied several martial arts to further develop one for the Jedi. I learned Echani Martial Arts from an old friend, but I don't typically use it. "

There was a small look of relief on Lily's face as she realised that it was not unusual to be a little lost or adjusting to life as a new Jedi. "Well hopefully I do nothing to cause issues for myself or Master Sal-Soren." Lily was nervous about ensuring that she represented those that were supposedly mentoring her.

"Oh. Oh. If it is basic could I have been using without knowing?" Lily asked, it was something she would likely end up learning to control from Briana but having Master Noble here with her vast knowledge, Lily couldn't help but ask and be curious. "Don't mean to be a bother with questions." Lily apologised.

Nodding her head, "I was informed that I needed to be skilled with the training sabers before Master Sal-Soren will even consider taking me on my adventure for a Lightsaber crystal." Lily admitted, she rarely kept secrets since her family had always been able to read her body language so well growing up.

"An old friend? That is interesting. I am always curious on how outsiders view our ways. To communicate through combat, do you mind sharing your thoughts on it?" Lily asked, her eyes lit with cold steel intrigue, wishing to know what Master Noble thought and perhaps seeing if that provides some insight on her character.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"My former Padawan is quite good at causing her own trouble," Valery joked with a big smirk, hoping that it wouldn't make Lily think that her Master was a troublemaker. Although Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren certainly had been... on a few occasions. As frustrating as it was at the time, Valery could only look back at it now with a smile.

Sometimes, she really missed those days of training her.

"Force Sense is certainly a skill you could have used unintentionally or even passively. If you've ever felt like you had an extra sense, perhaps that was it." She chuckled and offered a reassuring smile when Lily apologized for the question. "It's quite alright. I don't mind answering any questions you have.

Valery then nodded in agreement about the lightsaber, "Lightsabers can be difficult to control properly, so that's a wise decision. The Crystal Gathering is also an important step for you as a Jedi and even as a person, so it's not something to take lightly. You should only go through it when you're ready."

On the topic of Echani Martial arts, Valery smiled faintly, "A long time ago, I knew a Jedi Master who was Echani. She taught me the basics, and later I learned more on a trip to Eshan. That said, the style contradicts the Jedi's beliefs to an extent, in that exposing emotion through combat is encouraged. It's quite aggressive as well, more often than not, with the idea of really becoming a weapon."

"In the right hands, it can be as useful as any martial art tested in actual combat. But it might not always be most suitable for Jedi, as it could cause them to lose control over their emotions as well. For Echani, it'd be a simpler lesson to learn but a Jedi who falls can cause a tremendous amount of problems."

She paused and smiled, "In other words, I don't believe it's something to teach younglings or students who aren't ready for it yet."

Hearing that Master Sal-Soren could get into her own trouble had Lily puzzled, "really? She seemed strict and very rule abiding when I first met her." Lily confessed though it was only the first meeting so she was aware that there was plenty she did not know of her new Jedi Master.

Looking back on her life, Lily thought about if there were times that she had been able to perceive things or a sense that was beyond the normal. "I was always considered highly observant or perceptive when growing up, I could read body language a lot better than others. Even outside of combat I could perceive things that others might miss." Lily mused that could be something that was Force related perhaps, but something to think about at a later point. "I appreciate the answer and offer, it is very kind and generous. If my questions become too much or annoy please just inform me and I will drop them." Lily gave a small nod of her head, offering a small polite bow.

"There is a ritual for it?" Lily was surprised, "there seems to be a lot of steps in becoming a Jedi..." There was a part of her that enjoyed that idea. That the steps and ability to see one's progress was exciting since she never had to worry about wondering how well she was doing at a task, there was always something for her to reach for in goal terms.

As Master Noble explained the views she held on Echani marital arts and where she learned such techniques, Lily leaned in to listen deeply, she was wanting to take every word in and understand what was being said. "I suppose emotions are tied to the forms, but they aren't taught to be just a weapon. When Echani are building relationships, romantic or not, sparring and using the marital arts provides insights and allows for true expression to be extended. I could spend hours talking on end about myself, but two or three spars with me and you would know me better than that whole conversation. Having that chance to be able to express oneself in your truest form, I understand can be seen as dangerous but also freeing in ways Galactic Basic I can find restrictive."

"It can be tricky to put into words. But the reason for light armour, for limited clothing in Echani fighting is so your honest self can be expressed and your sparring partner is allowed the chances to read you and understand you better. Can be complex and confusing rituals for outsiders, and I am sure the Echani Jedi Master put it better than I ever will, but I didn't want you to think it was purely for aggression, or war. My parents were simple politicians and they courted not through debate or words but by sparring and sharing a connection that my mother has never been able to achieve again." Lily explained, she felt her cheeks flush with embarrassment as she felt she was ranting unnecessarily.

Looking at the Jedi Master, "I would never attempt to teach my way to another unless you wished me to, however. I appreciate that non-Echani may not be ready. Similar to how some are not ready for other ways to court or fall in love." Lily added, wanting to ensure she was here to learn not teach.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Really? She seemed strict and very rule abiding when I first met her."

It was hard not to laugh, but Valery suppressed that urge and just snickered internally before she smiled and decided not to comment on that. The last thing she wanted to do was share those stories about Briana right now — perhaps her former Padawan would want to talk about her past herself one day. Valery often did too, because her mistakes in the past could be lessons that helped her own Padawans avoid certain problems along the way.

"I wouldn't call it a ritual," Valery then finally said when the topic shifted to the crystal gathering. "A journey is what I'd call it, but I'm sure that will become more clear once it's your turn to experience it." While Valery wasn't sure how Briana would handle that part of Lily's training, crystal caves were all fairly similar in how they challenged those going inside.

It was a personal journey that often involved confronting fears or other obstacles, so it was not something to take too lightly.

Valery then listened to what Lily said about Echani martial arts and nodded, "It's about self-control. The first line of our code doesn't literally mean we have no emotions but it's about not letting them control us. It's about acting on knowledge and facts, rather than instincts when they can work against us. So as long as we retain that control, we can practice something like Echani Martial arts, or fall in love, or expose our emotions more in other ways."

"What's crucial is that we don't give in to anger, hatred, or other feelings or aspects of our lives that can drive us down darker paths. This is why I advise caution practicing certain martial arts, but it all depends on the individual."
She smiled warmly and decided to move on from the topic for now.

"That said, perhaps there's something I can do to help you in your training?"

"A journey..." Lily thought on it and wondered if it was a different journey than she was already on a big journey just by taking the path of a Jedi. So, the idea she would have to go on another, just for a crystal, for a Lightsaber, it was a daunting prospect.

Self-control. That made sense, whenever she had trained in her Echani marital arts, restraint and control with the knowledge of when to use her talents and when to wait and hold back, to observe what others would do. "I can understand that, Master Noble. If one does not demonstrate self control then they are dangerous, wild animals that could attack with little to no provocation." Lily swallowed a little hard since she knew that her aunt probably shared the situation that brought her to the Jedi Order and how Lily had already demonstrated a lack of control in terms of the Force, whether it was accidentally and she did not know she was connected to the Force or not.

The offer of support was overwhelmingly generous from Master Noble. "Oh. I... I..." Lily composed herself once more, "I am very grateful for the offer, I am unsure what to ask for in advice, everything is so new and it can be a lot to take on. I am still adjusting to not being on Eshan and everyone not being Echani, it is very different to what I am use to." Lily confessed, "I also don't want to overstep since Master Sal-Soren has only just begun my training, so I don't want to appear rude and take training on things she has yet had a chance to teach me."

"However, if you have advice on meditations and how to avoid being bored when in meditation that would be appreciated." Lily found peaceful mindset in combat, not in sitting so she was finding it very difficult to meditate at the moment.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"That's right, but it's also very normal to not have that control yet when you just begin your training," she wanted to assure the young woman. "Even long after you become a Jedi Knight, you'll still be training to refine your control, just in different areas. As a Jedi, you'll always be learning and working hard to improve yourself."

This also meant Jedi should be willing to help others grow, and that's exactly why Valery offered some support. The reaction from Lily to it was sweet and understanding — she didn't want to be rude to her own Master, but Valery knew Briana. She had once encouraged Briana to learn from other Knights or Masters too.

The same way she encouraged all of her Padawans to learn from more than just their Master.

"I'm sure your Master won't mind, and I think I might have the perfect idea for your request too. It's called Alchaka — it's a technique where you center yourself in the Force through a combination of very demanding physical and Force-based exercises. It achieves something similar to meditation, but it's going to leave you completely exhausted."

"It's a great warm-up and I recommend it to any Jedi with a greater focus on defending and fighting."

The idea that this would be a struggle to control for the rest of her life, it was daunting to say the least. There was already so much for her to cope with, to have that on top, "will it easier at least? Struggling to control for the rest of my life... It sounds..." Lily sighed a little, "a lot. Sounds like a lot that I don't know if I could live that fear of losing control forever..." Lily never wanted to have a power that was out of her control, that would risk harm to others whether she wanted to or not. That was a thought too much to bear, she did it once already and still hated herself for it.

Master Noble stated that her mentor wouldn't mind and Lily knew better than to argue that, it had only been a single meeting between herself and Master Sal-Soren whereas from what she had gathered, Master Noble had trained Master Sal-Soren. Therefore, if it was something that Master Noble thought would be accepted then Lily would not question it. "I appreciate that. I am intrigued in this Alchaka." The name was unfamiliar and being able to find a meditative while fighting definitely seemed an approached suited to her.

"I am able to cope with being exhausted. Has been a long time since I have been pushed hard by an opponent." While there were plenty of skilled fighters on Eshan, there weren't many in the noble families, the circles that her mother encouraged Lily to interact with more. "Do you think that is the type of Jedi I should be? Master Briana mentioned that the Force will provide some guidance on my path but I am still unsure where my skills would be best placed."

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"It does get easier," Valery quickly assured her. "At first, a loss of control can have disastrous consequences, but once you're trained and researching more complex things regarding the Force, you're working on controlling finer aspects of those abilities. It won't be about preventing a complete loss of control but controlling the nuances of an ability," she tried to explain. "So, as an example, young Force sensitives are known to be able to break things on accident during emotional outbursts. Controlling that is the most important because it can cause harm, and that's what you work on initially."

"But later, you might learn how to refine your control of Telekinesis, so that you can more effortlessly manipulate things in your environment."

With that, Valery shifted to the topic of Alchaka and offered a smile in return to her question, "Knight Sal-Soren was right — the Force will offer some guidance. But it can still take a lot of time to really understand your own path, and where your skills will fit the most. As a new Jedi, my advice would be to learn as much as you can about everything and to take your time to make decisions about what you'll focus on. That way, you'll be most informed, and your decisions are most likely going to be the right ones." She stepped back this time and began to stretch her arms and legs just a little bit. Alchaka was demanding, so being warmed up was important.

"Now, I could show you a few exercises if you'd like. The point of Alchaka is that each practitioner develops their own routine, and they're known to be very... personal. The positions can be complex, dizzying, and very intense. I always practice privately because of it, but there are some things I can show you."

It was not a case of her constantly being on the verge of losing control but seeking to learn the finer controls of the Force that would be possible at the higher levels of training. Lily paused and thought on that deeply, she was intrigued about the chances to learn more about this finer skills and what they would entail. "That is a lot to consider, I appreciate the information. Are there skills or techniques that a Padawan cannot or should not learn? I understand to avoid the Dark Side and the abilities associated with that area of the Force, I mean more in terms of skills that would be too complex or impossible without seriously harming or killing myself in attempting to learn now?" Lily wanted to ensure she never trailed down a path that would be dangerous or have her removed from the Jedi Order. Returning home a failure would be very bad.

"That sounds like a lot of time in the library and archives. I will have to spend time figuring out how to get there the fastest as well as revise my morning routine to ensure I spend a decent amount of hours everyday there to studying." Lily was already going through her mind at what would be optimal, would it make more sense to study in the library first then train or would she be better off training, showering and then studying in the library. It would mean that she would be risking the chances of showering too long or mistiming things and then end up late to the library. An idea that sent dread throughout her body.

Watching Master Noble stretch, Lily thought back to something that stuck in her mind. "It is Knight Sal-Soren or Master Sal-Soren? It is just you called her Knight and I have been using the honorific of Master, I do not wish to make a severe error there." Lily mentioned as she was curious about the stretching, was Master Noble going to give a demonstration now? After already training? That seemed very intense and something very admirable, Lily was already in what some considered peak fitness but she wasn't sure after training that she could then give a class.

"If it is personal, how will I know I am doing it right?" Lily asked curiously, "I know the Echani forms are somewhat standard though my family has their own interpretations as do others on what the forms mean and how to execute the moves, but there is a standard. If Alchaka is personal, how does one know that they are doing it correctly?... Master..." Lily added the honorific sheepishly after she had finished her question, still adjusting to that.

Lily began her own stretching, showing that she was willing to watch, copy and learn but she was still curious on how it worked since it was a completely new form of combat training and she needed to know the ins and outs.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"There are a lot of abilities or areas of study that you're not quite ready for yet as a Padawan, but I wouldn't worry about it. They aren't really things you'll just run into either. Focus on the classes, on what your Master is teaching and showing you, and branch out from there," Valery said with a smile. not wanting to overwhelm her with too much information about what she could and couldn't try to learn.

A lot of it came down to just trying, failing, and trying again.

"Oh and uh, her official rank is Jedi Knight, but you should refer to her as your Master. It's perhaps a little confusing, but you'll get used to it." Not that it really bothered most to get ranks mixed up, but it was still good to know. Valery was certain that Briana would become a Jedi Master one day, but until then, she'd be a fine Jedi Knight.

Then questions followed about Alchaka, and Valery could only smile at the interest that Lily showed her, "You'll know that you're doing it right because your connection to the Force will be a lot more focused. Perhaps even more intense and deeper," she explained before she sat down and gestured for Lily to sit down with her.

"Let's start simple and static. Alchaka can incorporate dynamic movements, but it's easier and better for the body to build up to that," she explained calmly. "First, I want you to close your eyes and lift those weighted plates there. Once they're levitating, move from your sitting position into a handstand, and as you do that, start stacking the plates on top of each other."

"The coordination and focus it needs will help you ease into Alchaka."

There wasn't the specifics that Lily had been seeking but it was something that she could direct towards her Master, now knowing that Master would be the correct term for her to use for Master Sal-Soren as well. This had been interesting in terms of inviting more questions but also receiving quick answers for the most part. There were only a few things that she might end up pestering her Jedi Master about at a later point. Especially since she was one that could be correctly referred to as endlessly curious.

"Isn't that dangerous making my connection to the Force deeper, more intense, if I am currently still struggling to control it?" Lily asked earnestly as she sat down gracefully, her back automatically went straight and her hands were placed in her lap. She did not slouch, even if she was exhausted Lily would never allow herself to slump forward since that would do her posture a grave injustice and she did not want to risk straining her back.

Watching Master Noble closely, Lily mimicked her movements, ensuring that she was following perfectly every step that the Jedi Master was taking in the meditative position. It wasn't the combat inducing meditation that she had been promised but there was a reasonable explanation for not jumping straight into that. "Lift them... Make them levitate?... Do they have microrepulsors, or do I need to find some?..." Lily pondered before it dawned on her what she actually needed to do, "oh! The Force... Of course." She felt her cheeks flush was she felt a little silly that she forgot that was the point.

Closing her eyes, she lifted a hand out, then squinted a little open to make sure she was pointing the hand in the right direction. "Just got to reach out." She wasn't even sure how to do that so Lily just focused on the imagery of herself picking up the weights. She had lifted weights like those plenty of times, she could picture it clearly in her mind and she focused on that sensation.

While she was focusing on the imagery, the plates wobbled where they were, not yet moving.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"You'll never learn to control it if you don't take any risks at all, or if you don't try to grasp the more difficult techniques. You just shouldn't take it too far, and practice in a controlled environment. In this room with me, I can step in if something goes wrong, and you can't hurt other people."

With that out of the way, Valery sat down and watched as Lily did the same to ready herself for the exercise. Alchaka wasn't exactly easy the first time, because both the Force and body had to be coordinated in ways that you normally wouldn't. It was a test of patience, but once she'd understood, it would allow her to deepen her connection.

Valery then chuckled when Lily asked about repulsors or how to lift it, but made no comment to further embarrass her. She saw the flushed cheeks and decided to let the younger woman gently settle into her focus.

This was already hard enough.

"For Alchaka to work, the body, the mind, and Force have to be one. Synchronized and working in tandem. That's why it'll really deepen your focus, and hopefully, your control as well. Perhaps try to stand up, and use that motion to guide the Force into lifting up the weights as well. A step before you begin to stack them," she said softly, hoping it could help the Padawan to find a way to visualize and guide it better.

"I suppose you are correct. I just do not wish to harm another because I am not ready for the things ahead. I understand you can step in Master, but I do not wish to harm you either." Lily spoke, her voice a little shaky as she thought about the idea of losing control of herself once more, perhaps doing something that was more harmful than she had done before. The Force felt wild and alien to her at the moment and she wasn't sure what she was capable of or how others might be able to help her not harm others.

Listening to what advice Master Noble had to offer. Lily stood, focusing on the weights, the visual aid of her picking the first weight up. The weight copied her rise, unsteadily lifting up on its own. Eventually, with a lot of focus and her forehead already forming beads of sweat, she was able to maintain the weight in the air. It was taking all her focus to tap into the Force and limit the connection to the bare minimum, she was too scared of it exploding out.

Holding her hand out, it was shaking quite heavily as she focused on the second object. It was complicated and she wasn't sure how she could divide her attention between the two objects, yet alone any more. Lily was panting heavily and rising so much she rose to her tiptoes in order to raise another lift since she was determined to do as much as she could. As the second lift raise, more unsteadily than the first, Lily was already thinking about the third one.

Then it happened. Her tight grip on the Force, wrangling and refusing to open herself up to it backfired. She lost control again.

Instead of continuing to lift the weights, she blasted the Force forward and sent herself flying backwards, hitting the ground hard. Her body instinctively curled up into a ball, scared and she was focusing her whole body on not crying in the moment of failure. It was not dignified nor was it what she wanted to do in this moment. Crying did not help her here.

Training Room
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"You won't harm me," Valery said with confidence in her tone. Not because she underestimated what could happen, but because she was incredibly focused on it. If even just the smallest mistake occurred, she'd be ready to defend herself, the room, and even Lily herself against the consequences.

Something that turned out to be quite necessary.

Because as Lily began to rise and deepen her focus to control the weight, Valery felt the Force growing a lot more turbulent around the Padawan. More weights were starting to move but with far less control than the first. It was an explosive mix, and by the time Valery picked up on it going wrong, it was already too late — an incredibly fast chain reaction occurred, sending the weights and Lily flying through the room.

Valery's eyes lit up, and all at once, the weights froze in the air, and Lily would feel the Force cushioning her fall. It'd still hurt, and she might be sore, but she wouldn't get seriously injured.

"Are you alright?" Valery asked, her tone calm. "You were doing great, and it's okay that it didn't work this first time, alright?" she asked as she walked over and offered the woman a hand to get back up to her feet.

"Mistakes and failure are inevitable, and there will be a lot more times when you fall. But as long as you rise again with your head held high, you'll always overcome your problems."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom