Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="The Slave"]

“Perhaps you were misinformed. You arrived to a closed meeting, in our center of commerce, where the topic of the hour is quite cut and dry by default.”, Srina responded smoothly, as always, unruffled by anything that left the lips of the man that sat to her left. He was a mystery. Completely. At the very least, she knew the basics of the President of KDY from informal dockets, but she knew nothing about the Slave. “I can look at the HoloNet for anything but to be honest—I don’t really need the sales pitch. All the Confederacy requires is pricing, availability, and the creation of an acceptable contract.”

Perhaps, that was the reason the Slave had come, versus Cybele. Most of the Obsidian Knights were already walking advertisements for Jaeger, free of charge, because they enjoyed the tech so much. Srina herself had stored away a few items, having purchased a personal shield, among other things under old deals.

He passed her a datapad and the young woman accepted it with a soft word of gratitude passed through primrose lips. Silver eyes spent time flickering over details, occasionally widening, when she saw something new. For the most part, excluding some products, such as the gender bender drug, everything seemed to be exactly what her Master had been looking to acquire. It seemed that they did not truly require anything at all from KDY. “These shields, the Aegis, are they new?”

She had never seen something quite so powerful and versatile. Part of her felt like she was reading the details wrong. Yet, once she passed through them again, she realized that indeed what she thought was very correct. “Could arrangements be made to see them in action?”

He mentioned that he had arrived for entertainment purposes and the slender Echani placed the tablet down on the table. Such a handsomely strange individual. “Beneath all of our efforts to bring new worlds into the fold to grant basic freedoms—The CIS is a war machine. I was placed here at the request of the Vicelord. You must know what your creations will be used for.”

Of course, he did. Did he care? Unlikely. He seemed more bent out of shape that she refused to play his game, or, provide him with some sort of amusement. He almost felt like a youngling that had been denied a play date. “That being said—once negotiations are settled my freedoms will be returned to me and I may use my time as I please. Druckenwell has many things to see.”

The Slave watched her idly, his once playful demeanor nothing more than a trivial boredom that oozed between them. His eyes watched her pull the datapad closer to her, but he wasn’t so much interested in her reactions to his products as much as he was curious what she might’ve not seen. When she spoke up, he furrowed his brow and leaned forward;

Those?”, he said as he glanced over.

You can see one here-”, he said as he pressed a video link button on the datapad itself. “Unless you’d prefer something live.

The video began to play by showing Jaeger’s symbol, the soft drone of orchestra music playing before a faintly womanly voice chimed in. It began to tell the details of the product, all the features and technicality that went into it, all before it began to emphasize a ship floating in space. Across from it, a similar corvette stood with a number of weapons pointed directly at the first for what appeared to be a broadside.

To say this, The Aegis is not the shield you once knew. It has turned what was once defensive, into offensive. Watch as this corvette fires a full force broadside against our unarmed civilian cruiser.

As she finished, so too did the guns begin to fire. It took a moment for the turbolasers to hit, but once they did the pure scale of The Aegis began to light up; flairing dramatically as it charged its various capacitor banks for a secondary redundancy flash. The true beauty came in how the shields seemed to react however, as each round that hit, would almost reflect perfectly back towards the ship in question.

Soon enough, the Corvette that fired in the first place had taken down its shields, and fired on its own turbolasers through a long and drawn out process. Seconds later, the ship simply went offline and all signs of life were void.

This is the power of The Aegis. This is the power of Jaeger. Thank you for watching.

Distant clapping could be heard in the background of the video, an obvious sign it was likely used on potential investors some time ago; but it was certainly a video worth watching again.

When she’d look back up, The Slave would be sitting back once more, gaze off into space. His attention span didn’t seem to last as long as it should have, but the more she saw him the more he seemed extremely young; though an exact age was impossible to tell. She did catch his attention however, towards the end;

Like what?”, he said with a raise of a brow.

[member="Srina Talon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom