Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Parent

Maeve nodded, "We could go, I'll contact my sister Ginnie first, that is if I can find her. And then plan" Maeve was still hesitant she was tired but she knew in her own heart to settle some things she needed to go there.

More than that though she needed to contact her family and reunite with those that she could.

Ayda had her quirks for sure the nights that she sat up as if someone had poked her hard Maeve had tried to get use to. She laid there unwilling to get up really. She watched Ayda.

"Why is it so important for you to go?"

Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra

Mandalore, the heart, the soul of the Mandoloreans... it had called out to Ayda for it bled. Bled with the life cut short by sith, the serpents of the galaxy. Many, too many souls still wept, roaming the charred fields, the homesteads that had bred them life, purpose, unity and structure.

How could she explain to her friend that these weeping souls, once hardened warriors who perished under the iron boots of the sith wept for their lost young, their wives, husbands and loved ones that perished in the flames. These souls had fought with every ounce of strength and more against so many...against all odds, knowing they themselves would be cut down. But they went forth with all of their hearts, all of their spirit to meet their enemy and end.
All these Mandalorean souls were given passage to everlasting light. Yet some chose to stay, to watch over the temples of their dead, so that their spirit regardless of passing through on to eternal life, would not be forgotten as to how they were set free. These weeping spirits wept for those who could not, for Mandalorean souls did not weep.
But these did, for they had chosen to remain behind and watch over Mandalore, their heart, their soul, their mother earth. An earth that had her children slaughtered by sith.

Ayda 's sad orbs looked over to her friend. What reason could she give to her friend as to why she needed to go to Mandalore? But were it actually Mandalore she had been given vision to go, or were it the beckoning of the Mandalore spirits for her to seek? Concord Dawn...images in her dream were of that earth too. It were all of whom had suffered and perished..driven out by the hordes that were sith.

"I don't know yet, Maeve why I must go....I don't know. " Ayda were telling her friend the truth. She had a dream, a vision of what had been and what was to come. That calling would unfold, as her journey took her.
"But my center beckons me to go where the beating hearts of the Mandalors are.
There will be more blood that will be shed...on Mandalore and of her connected earths again. The fires will relight, scorching the earths and her fields. The forests will burn once again the color of blood..."
Her voice were saddened...distant as if she went back to the dept of her dream.

"I'm sorry. It is difficult for me to explain. But I must go before the suffering begins again. Maybe not to Mandalore...but to a good place that Mandaloreans have made sanctuary of..." She said, looking out at the rays of sunlight that found their way between the tapestry drawn. The rays of light were almost biblical in sense, like revelation light.

Ayda had her calling.

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

Mand'alors are the leaders Ayda, and the people are mandalorians, or mando'ade but Maeve did not say these words some things Ayda would need to learn she guessed just as she had.

But it would depend on those they encountered some would be kind full of the manda and other would be hesitant "OK, I don't understand it all but ok. I'll reach out to Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib and see if she responds." Maeve sighed heavily there would be no excuses this time she'd have to go.

She'd have to see it...maybe...or at the least feel it all. Seeing Ginnie would bring it all up now whether what they saw would meet Ayda's visions or dreams she didn't know.

"Theo has left for patrols we are on our own for breakfast and transportation back to Sanctuary City" She would have to see her mother before leaving one never knew what was going to happen. Time was fluid and all things changed with it.

Ayda didn't press for Maeve and her to be haste about their departure. All in good time. Rushing out to jump into hostile territories were never a good practice. Preparations had to be made...the means of transport to not only their destination, but to get back to sanctuary City. Maeve's mom were there, Rianna Organa-Ar'klim Rianna Organa-Ar'klim .
Her friend would need to tell her mother of where they intended to go. Ayda could feel Maeve's apprehension as they tidied up the room they had slept in.

Theo, the young prince had left early in the wee hours of the morning. Ayda had taken a liking to the young man...to the hot chocolate he introduced her to. Some things just make an impression on some.

Breakfast was relatively easy to make...eggs and waffles....with lots of maple syrup. Ayda had a taste for sweets, as she had grown up with quite some bland tasting nourishment growing up in an orphanage. The eggs...well, they were edible for sure. One couldn't mess up eggs if they tried. Although one would wonder about that if they saw how they came out in the pan. Ayda usually boiled them, but thought to change it up a bit and try for an omelet. It would maybe have been successful if she had looked it up on the holo-net instead of winging it. But as said; it was edible if not an omelet.

The waffles were fool proof, as they were already made and frozen. Besides, the induction food server had an easy to see touch icon of a waffle. It was as easy as touching it to turn the server on. Of course every time she opened the server door; no waffles.
They both got a laugh about it. Maeve finally couldn't stand there and keep watching Ayda trying to get waffles made in the server. Maeve finally broke down and showed her that it didn't make waffles, it toasted frozen pre-made waffles. Ayda laughed along with her friend Maeve. It was funny.

Of course the mountain palace had it's share of speeders in the lower hangars. They hadn't been used or had been operated in quite some time. But Maeve was pretty knowledgeable of mechanics and easily fired up the very first one they tried. Well, it were the first one closest to the open hangar door they had come in.

Ayda placed her small backpack carefully on the back seat. After all, she were still responsible for her little cacti friend.

"Don't be nervous Maeve. Your mother will certainly be concerned. But she will also understand that you wish to see more of your family...and be there for them. Your mother knows they have suffered and lost much. But their hearts will rejoice in seeing you. Your mother knows this, but she will still worry for you. In her heart, she will know it is something which you must do. If not, she will know of your regret.
All mothers worry, but they don't ever wish for their young to feel regret."

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim / Rianna Organa-Ar'klim Rianna Organa-Ar'klim

Was it nerves? On some levels yeah it was but the underlying emotion was fearing what she would find. Instead of explaining to Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra she just smiled.

"Yeah true mother will...undoubtedly have something to offer" Whether it was support or fear though THAT was the question. They rolled out and got some breakfast. They ate what they wanted unknown when they would eat this consistently again.

They cleaned up Maeve looked around she wasn't sure about this place but it had been nice to be here.

Maeve noticed Ayda taking care of her gift, "OK...let's head out"

Maeve got the speeder up and flying, she looked over at Ayda. Bikes would have exposed them to the cold, the car offered room, and kept them together.

She was quiet for a bit letting Ayda take in the skies and all that could be seen from the air. Bright shining sun, lush green, pure white, oranges way off in the distance....and the reflection on the waters.

Before she had left, she sent a message to Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib asking if she was up to visitors and could she and a friend come. She was waiting on an answer after all everything depended on Ginnie wanting to see them right.

The hammer clanged down on metal in her forge. At first, Ginnie missed the sounds of her communicator. Nothing but the forge entered ears which in her and Maeve’s childhood were burnt away. Deaf.

Until Rhaegar resurrected her, and gave the once murdered woman new ears. Ginnie wondered at times, if her family would even recognize a woman without scars, without deaf ears. A mother of twins. Why hadn’t she leaned on them, when Rhaegar died?

The answer came with the hit of her hammer on hot metal. She’d been afraid. Setting her hammer in its’ place, Ginnie clung to the side of the forge bench and burbled out a hiss like sigh.

“Freakin’ idiot, Gin’ika.” A vibration in her pocket made Ginnie pull the comm and see a chime from Maeve. “Speak of the... huh!”

Ginnie sent Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim a communique back in the affirmative, a hearty ‘get your pale arse over here, girl!’ And shut down the forge fires to trot into the house. “Rhae?! Rhae, turn on the sanisteam! Did the dishes get done? My vod’s comin!”

A warbling sound from another room rang out.

“No, not the one that killed me the... gawsh c’yare! Why would I want a shower if Isley was coming?! .... what?! MAEVE! MAEVE IS COMING Y-oh for the love of Kad, Manda and pickles.” Shaking her head, Ginnie rushed into the master suite, dragging her husband with her.

They had plenty of time... ish!

The response came a bit quicker than she expected but it brought a smile to her face when she read it. She looked at Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra "But they aren't on Mandalore."

The message had tags for another place. What did that mean, why wasn't Ginnie on Mandalore? Was it possible that what Ayda had talked about had already happened?

She answered Ginnie, "My friend Ayda and I will be on our way as soon as I say goodbye to Mom. See you soon" Maeve sounded stiff in her message and she didn't know why. Maybe because she was too focused on where Ginnie wasn't.

"We'll see Mom and then go. I'm sure she'll insist we use the Dancing Thranta to make sure we get there and back." Maeve looked again, she could see it in Ginnie's message she really was excited that she wanted to come. She began to think about the last time she had seen her, a lifetime ago. At least it felt like one.

So much to think about, what could she take her for a gift? You know don't go somewhere without bringing food and drink. She had an idea...yep..ok...

Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib

There wasn't much of provisions they could take along with them, as the mountain palace had mostly perishables in their cold stasis food banks. But they did secure some vaccuum packets of dried beans, both whole and split. Then of course a few MRI. Ayda didn't mind eating MRI rations as she and Maeve had to live on them during a few campaigns. The rations were what most commonly had been available in the front lines. Still, such staples were a welcome treat for Ayda, having been raised in an orphanage. MRI and such military rations had variety, which her former state homes lacked.

Maeve had fired up one of the palace's speeders in the hangar. The girls quickly loaded up what meager supplies they had gathered and soon took off. First stop of course were Maeve's mom. En route to her mother's house, Maeve received a return message from Ginnie whom she had contacted before they set off. Only the look of confusion in her friend's features gave Ayda concern. Ginnie were not on Mandalore.

There was no sense speculating as to why, just that it were a relief in itself that Ginnie was all too happy to expect them on Arebos.
"Arebos... " Ayda mulled it over a moment as they flew down away from the mountain palace. "... never been to Arebos."

Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib / Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

"me either"

But it was a thing now Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib wasn't on Mandalore. What had happened? Maeve knew she wasn't in touch with Mandalorian politics and status as she should be.

She wasn't sure she was mandalorian anymore either, she was the daughter of one but whether she was one that too was a question she might be able to answer this trip. All the work her parents had done on Mandalore had been wiped out smashed into small pieces wiping away their memory. No one would know who they were.

She nodded, "Well we'll find out about it."

She for some reason pushed the speeder a little more to get them to her mother's house. Today her mother was located in the Glarus Valley the house she had once shared with her father. That might be fitting and then it might not.

She didn't know how much time had passed only that they were pulling into the yard. A shaggy thranta hovered nearby trilling peacefully. Such strange creatures they were. No legs. Only air...

For a new world, Alderaan was beautiful, like a living sculpture. In so many ways it were, as it had been terra-formed not a few centuries earlier.
Looking out over the landscape below was unavoidable. Ayda rarely had the luxury of flying about on any system, even her so called surrogate home world of Lianna where she had been brought too as an infant and grew up on. The many landfalls she experienced were only destination flights..from orbit to said landing bay.
Here she were now skimming at just a kilometer over the landscape. She were enjoying the tour.
And it did seem like Maeve were giving her a tour as they had not headed back to her mother's house. At least from when they had first left.

It weren't till they were cresting over the lower valleys that her friend let her in on as to their change of route and destination. Maeve's mother had gone to their other house on Alderaan.
Ayda wondered how it were like to actually have a home, a family home. For some reason beyond her understanding, Berkana had not revealed as to whom her birth parents were...not even if they were still alive. Ayda couldn't feel, reach out to connect with those spirits. Not for lack of trying as she had longed for parents since she became conscious, aware that she like the many other children around her were orphans and without parents. The lack of parental love came from Berkana, whom seemed to comfort her during the lone hours of the night. As thus, Ayda never feared the darkness, for Berkana was always there. Darkness in the presence of Berkana became pure light and the pathway to Her everlasting light.

Still, as she grew up among mortals and learned in their institutions, Ayda nevertheless looked on to good parents as guardian angels on earth. It were how Berkana described them to Ayda. The very notion of mother and father were in light of the Creator.
Ayda looked over to Maeve who were piloting their craft over a beautiful valley. She could see the light of her Maeve's parents emanating from her.. like rays of pure light from her spirit. It brought a smile on Ayda's features, as that had been the reason she had connected with Maeve in the first place...her good spirit.

She knew her friend were anxious and at the same time apprehensive in telling her mom that she were leaving for Arebos, to go and see Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib , their extended family.

"It will be alright, Maeve. Just let your mother know it is from your heart that you wish to go."

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim / Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib

"I know" she said as if on automatic, but did she really know. It wasn't her mother she fretted over the most it was what they were heading into.

Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib her sister....her sister....in a galaxy where there were times she felt so alone she forgot she had sisters, brothers who shared her parents. Why she felt this block to reaching out to them to...be family she didn' tknow. Maybe she felt....no she felt like they had this hole in their lives and that every time they all got in one place the hole seemed to want to engulf them all.

"Ginnie will certainly be glad to see us" She knew that...she looked about for something to focus on for a moment. "Nice to see all this green, isn't it?"

What was Ayda thinking about Maeve had no idea.

Yes.
Yes it was...
The two had come from a war torn system not too long ago where even a patch of green near the front lines were difficult to spot.
Alderaan was beautiful and lush with meadows, rolling hills and forests. It had recovered well and every time it had found such conflicts upon it's own doorstep. Ayda knew of the many times the sith Empire had tried to wipe out it's existence, it's influence of Democracy, Freedom and Liberty. But like the green lush landscape, so did Alderaanii keep flourishing. Ayda looked at both in the same light. These people had spirit...undying spirit.

"Yes...it is." Ayda replied, as Maeve banked the speeder to have her get a broader view of the landscape.They passed over a few estates...all of them had gardens... even running streams. Alderaanii seemed to have a knack in living in harmony with their environment. Their homes and estates melded in a most inspiring and natural way. The stones by which these structures were built from were from their surroundings.

"I have missed such worlds during a lot of our campaigns. War and conflict tears at the very heart and soul of the world both adversaries are fighting for." She reasoned. How right that were as in the end, cities, countrysides and at times the entire system itself were destroyed beyond any immediate recovery. But worlds were like living entities. They were given the will to proliferate, just like the people and wildlife were given the will and determination to propagate. it were the Creator's Will and design.

"My heart cries out for both when they are faced with conflicts."

Passing over a few settlements and estates, Ayda wondered what Maeve's mother's home on this side of Alderaan would look like. She had liked the farm and later the greenhouses that Maeve had first brought her over to see. Ayda was certain the other house Maeve were piloting to would be as beautiful.

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

Completely squeaky clean, Ginnie bustled around the house with one hand on her back to relieve the pressure of her swelling belly. Seeing Maeve? Would Maeve forgive her for leaving those years ago? Running away? She’d had to, it was too dangerous to stay with Mia Monroe’s child in the household. But, the babe was delivered to its’ father, and after that, Ginnie was swept away.

Killed in battle against her brother and the man, who became her riduur. The same man she smoothed a hand along on his shoulder, smiled up and kissed on her tip toes. What would Maeve think? Her sister married to the man she nearly felled in battle, who resurrected her from the dead as a pawn, but instead became a lover?

Dressed in armoured trousers, terentatek leather boots and a soft long sleeved yellow top, Ginnie sipped a glass of lemonade on the front porch of the family homestead on Erebos. Her husband set up a tray of baked goods, more glasses for the oncoming family, and attempted to busy about his wife, before escaping to his study.

Sometimes reunions were best done in stages.

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra

Some story in her mind a line...we rise we fall and we keep it together. Maeve smiled to Ayda..."Ya know...we'll send her message. I'm not up to the drama..let's get the ship and make jump...."

It seemed harsh it seemed unfeeling but she wasn't up to it. She'd ask for forgiveness later and pay whatever penance her mother dictated. Not that she had to pay it she was an adult after all.

She hoped Ayda wouldn't judge her too badly but sometimes it was a test.

She'd be who knows what or she'd ask Ginnie to come visit Rianna....ohhhh that might work a surprise visit from a daughter....oh yeah...

She smiled relieved at what she hoped would be a solution to an uncomfortable situation with her mother.

Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra | Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib

It weren't for her to judge. But Ayda felt a tug in her center. The pain wroth upon Maeve's mother in her daughter just leaving without a farewell...

Ayda on the surface were happy, smiling and quite supportive of her friend in taking the helm and jumping in feet first, so to say. But deep inside, she felt Maeve's mother faith's spirit would be in pain..suffering.
Ayda were not one to judge. She were but an extension of her Creator...the right hand of Berkana.
Maeve had her reasons. Ayda would have to follow through with her desire.

It all seemed to wash over like that of a Tempest storm. It came about quick and unexpected. But the jump calculations were set and the engines were primed and ready. Ayda had assisted Maeve in the pre-flight checks and in no time, their vessel broke away from the earth. Alderaan soon loomed below them as Ayda piloted the craft to their designated jump coordinates.
With one last look at the beautiful blue and white marble, they jumped into hyperspace.

Their destination: Erebos. ETA XXX.xx.xx

"Maeve... " Ayda turned to her friend, now that they were in hyperspace.
The channel were open, yet not yet linked.

"Your mother will wish to know..."

"I'll call her"

Yes she would like to know that much was certain but the truth was Maeve was an adult as much as she tried to act like one. She just well she just didn't feel the need to stop over and get Mom's glaring gaze about what are you doing?

Maeve sighed heavily then it wasn't fun at the moment, and Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra might not understand it all. But she would try to explain it later, she just couldn't now.

"I can't explain right now Ayda, but some things its best to seek forgiveness on rather than permission." Not that she really needed permission but hopefully Ayda will get the gist.

Was it hours when the finally arrived. Maeve headed to the coordinates that Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib had given her. She didn't know what to expect. But something told her that it would be alright.

Barely a whisper, "I wonder why she's here" then she half smiled.

"Ok, Maeve." Ayda had replied before closing the open channel.
She had not transmitted over the channel, but rather had it open for Maeve, whom at the moment decided not to message her mom.
Ayda would not press the issue, despite knowing how hurt Rianna would be for her daughter to leave without so much as a farewell.

Ayda didn't bring it up throughout their crossing. Rather, the two spoke about returning to the rotation after all were squared away with Maeve's extended family. Maeve didn't talk much of her sister. What little Ayda could pick up were that she hadn't seen her for quite some time due to the riffs among the Mandalor Clans.

Ayda were saddened by the internal conflicts that had affected many like Maeve. Families were separated and broken for many. Mando families. many had been driven from their homes because of these differences. Now currently with the Sith Empire's encroachment on their worlds, it made it much more difficult for families to put aside their differences and reunite.

Erobos...
The planet loomed just below them as their AM-1 skirted through the upper stratosphere, descending down through the clouds before skimming across the landscape toward their destination.

The small settlement they were coming upon seemed very isolated as far as Ayda could make out, before their ship cleared the outcrop of tress and settled on firm ground.
Ayda looked over to her friend Maeve, as the engines powered down and the dust they had kicked up revealed the homestead.
"Are you nervous, Maeve?" She asked as her friend did seem a bit off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom