Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Parent

He listened and got the grasp on things as Dr. E told it.

You watch over them

He moved towards the view looking down, "its my duty, and sometimes my pleasure to do so. Even the ones that want to fight with me over it. They don't realize that sometimes I have to walk down a path first before I let them." He laughed, "yes I do. My entire family does, its' like engrained in their genetics. Kinda like you and Maeve you feel it in your souls to help others. It's not a bad thing others may not appreciate the danger your put into to help but we on Alderaan will always understand."

He looked out it was late, dark and the night was growing cool. Might be too late for him to travel back now, "Well it's late lets get you and Maeve settled. I have patrols restarting and I need sleep while I can get it."

He motioned for her to go in front of him back to find Maeve.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Yes, she could see it in his eyes now.
She too could only stay awake for so long before her body became exhausted. But she had learned not to let it get to that point and learned how to sleep. Sleep she discovered were part of life experiences for then one dreamed. And Ayda dreamed in many stages, including induced dreaming, as in initiating contact with others through dreams...inception. It were her means of spiritually connecting with them.
But she would let Theo dream on his own this night. he were tired for some reason. It weren't for this day, no doubt but something else which pressed against his center.

Ayda nodded, taking cue as to where he thought Maeve were likely to be. Theo had taken Ayda on a small tour of the mountain palace. There was much more to it than they managed to see and that were just the main floor. There were lower levels, tunnes leading to chambers and so on under ground. then of course the upper levels and chambers and towers.
From what Theo showed her, Ayda was certain Maeve would show her more..that is if Theo needed to leave for his patrols.

They soon found Maeve by the dancing warm light from the great fireplace in one of the main studies...

Just then, Ayda realized that she had not at all even thought of bringing her friend a cup of hot chocolate from the kitchens that they had just come back from.
That were strange, she thought; as in not bringing back anything for her friend.
"It's a wonderful castle..." Ayda called it.
"...we walked and talked of your family's history...the paintings." She said as she approached her friend, and sat down next to her, cozening by the flickering light of the fireplace. The warm light of the flames made Maeve seem to be like her when in spiritual form, only not in pure white light, but one of warmer tone.

"Would you like for me to make you some hot chocolate? Theo showed me how."

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

Maeve looked over as Theo and Ayda came in. "Did you enjoy the tour, and no thank you. No chocolate for me."

Theo nodded, "I'll be staying tonight it's late. I need sleep you two don't stay up too late, remember the sun will rise high up here pull the blinds. Until tomorrow good night."

Maeve rose up and nodded, "thank you Prince Vereen for all your time and efforts on our behalf today" She followed it with a big cheesy grin.

"Yes"Theo nodded, "You're welcome Maeve, and just so you know pull that stunt again I'll toss you into the lake"

"Understand cousin" She watched him retreat then turned to Ayda, "So did you get enough of Organa history?" There were many who could not get enough she would bet that Theo avoided the family hallway where pictures of all the known Organa families hung, his own family portrait was there. His mother, father, sister and himself. Ma'ree was not born at that time.

Her parents were there too. Not as highly placed but still there as relation to the Dowager..that sounded so weird dowager.

"Did you have enough chocolate?"

" Good night...Prince Vereen." Ayda too said, before Theo retired.
She caught his eyes when she followed Maeve's tease. Of course Ayda didn't pick up on Maeve teasing her cousin with the title. Ayda just didn't wish to take liberties in calling him by his sir name if everyone else respectfully called him prince.
Although the whole toss in the lake remark went over her head. She didn't know what to make of it, only that he weren't at all setting to throw his cousin in the lake. Besides, Maeve wasn't at all concerned about it...maybe it were just play. Ayda knew of play, just wasn't keen to it enough to play in that manner...yet.

"Oh.
Oh yes..a little. There is much more to your lineage than can be learned in a day." She replied to her friend as she went closer to the flames. Maeve had set enough timber for a good warm fire. The rest of the palace was warm, but had this cold air about it as it weren't kept as high this time of night. Not when it were unoccupied. The central heating system had sensed their presence and had quietly warmed the palace. Still, the marble and alabaster throughout the palace were still cool and it would take a bit more time for then too to acclimate..so yes, there was this little chill about. But that were easily dismissed by the warm fireplace.

Ayda took to sit on the same couch as Maeve.
"It was very good... "she replied honestly about the hot chocolate.
Truth be said, she had a taste for another cup. But her friend didn't seem to enjoy the chocolate concoction. She took to wonder as to why? Hot chocolate were so delicious...especially hot.

"... I had a bit more than my share. " Ayda just nodded, as Theo had shared his with her when she devoured hers.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"He doesn't like to be called Prince right now. He prefers Captain. But sometimes he needs a reminder of who he is and that what he does is appreciated."

She looked over at Ayda, "I'm glad you enjoyed it. It is fascinating to someone who comes from the outside sometimes the family, well me, I get tired of it. Theo has to live it though so he's good with telling it."

She nodded, "Chocolate has sugar it will keep me up. I don't want to be up for a long time"

She looked again the direction Theo had gone she knew he was troubled that Cousin Faith was asking him about his future and what he planned. Faith had the same conversation with her. It wasn't that kind that makes someone comfortable. Some families worry about continuation Maeve had learned that survival was a bit more important.

She shook her head looked to Ayda, "So we can sit for a bit, then had off to bed. It will seem like early day when the sun comes up. Its so quiet now, listen" The silence would fill the room except for the small snaps from the fireplace. It was great for a few moments nothing.

She were used to the stillness of nights when not on an embattled world. But even amid war torn systems, there could be found a moment or two of silence. It were those precious calm moments there that were treasured. But here atop the mountains, near the snow capped peaks, silence were always abound. Silence was the wind, howling like wolves under a starlit sky. Silence also came in the crackling of fire and warmth before them. Silence whispered one's existence in the universe if attuned to hearing it.
Yes, Ayda existed within the silence of life all around her. Only silence were not a nothing..it were every aspect of creation itself, if one took to listen from within.

The few minutes passed like the ones before it and those before that. Ayda turned to Maeve. "Where do you go, when you are alone within your temple?" She asked.
For in reality, Ayda could not go to where Maeve were at the moment while in her waking state. She could only visit Maeve through a dream, when her friend's waking self rested within the silence of her temple. And then, Ayda could only reach out to a dreaming Maeve by inception only. Maeve would have to invite her... would have to meet her half way for them to share a dream.

Right now Maeve were awake taking a moment to listen to the silence about them. The silence of the Universe in orchestra. Ayda could feel her friend were within the comfort of her own temple, in an almost meditating state. Ayda too kept silent, like melding within the shadows of whispers, not disturbing Maeve whom were in her own thoughts and memories. This were a place Ayda could not enter, for it were forbidden for her to intrude. She could only feel Maeve. In such a state, Ayda knew her friend could transcend time and even generations past...if Maeve put her mind to it.

But again, Ayda didn't know for certain as she could not violate the Covenant of her Creator.
So she had asked.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"There's a temple here on Alderaan my...um..gee I don't remember what Garith is to me or was to me. My Cousin Faith's brother had it built for Jedi who needed peace. So when I go to the temple I see peace in courtyards I always feel most refreshest among the plants and life. It...reminds me of who I am, and what my part in the galaxy is."

Maeve smiled, "its one place where titles mean nothing and...one can just be. But its nothing like the peace of my own mind Ayda. When I'm there I see my family in the best of times when farming was fun, and rides on my dad's back were the highlight of the day. Mom's tea biscuits, and all my sisters and brothers around. I could live nameless and a farmer and be happy." Ordo's death would always haunt Maeve but she understood that there were things that had to happen and that she had to grow from it.

She could be anything and be happy. But life it seemed had other plans. "Where do you go when you need peace Ayda?"

[member="Ayda Elisantra"] | [member="Ordo"]

Ayda through her existence growing up from a baby to her present young adult form had discovered that many times her understanding of the spiritual life force within were more often than not 'Lost in translation'

But Maeve nevertheless got to answering her inquiry as to what she did or went when she were alone within her temple. As thus, Ayda didn't find it necessary to explain her meaning, as Maeve eventually touched upon it.
Still, her friend mentioning an actual structure that were used as a temple stirred her curiosity. Yes, she had visited many such places of worship and meditation areas that mortals constructed. They were in every sense spiritual places as that were what living life forces went to seek harmony and comfort at times. In them doing so, they often left remnants of their spirit's energy lingering about and she could sense it, sample them in such temples.

"If we have time before we leave Alderaan, could you take me to such places as the temple you speak of?"
of course even this palace had lingering spiritual energy. She had taken to feel it when she were with Maeve's cousin. mainly when he himself had taken to recount his family history. it were his feelings projected that made her pick up some of his ancestors spirit within these walls that Theo had awakened.
They were just remnants of their greater spirits and Ayda were only able to recognize them in this minute fashion only when Theo recalled them.

Of course, as much as Ayda wished to share her waking hours with her friend Maeve, she herself were in care of her own mortal temple and it were just as tired as Maeve's it seemed. There were no reason to press her own body beyond tiredness at this time and she nodded in agreement for them to seek rest..sleep and maybe meet in a dream.

Of course, Ayda didn't mention to her friend the possibility of sharing a dream. She had slept near Maeve many times before, but had never intruded...or at least never encroached upon her dreaming friend. She had to ask, be invited to enter her friend's dream.

"But we could perhaps talk about it later...tomorrow even if you so wish..." Yes, maybe tomorrow if Maeve would not realize to invite Ayda in her dream to share...

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"Tomorrow, come on let's go up. Or let me show you where we are sleeping then you can wander, read, or stare off into the darkness. I'm tired." Maeve stood up looking over at the fire, "The fire is safe there. "

She yawned some, and pointed to the stairway in the corner of the grand hall, "We go up family quarters second floor we get to use the corner room it has two beds, a fire place, and a balcony." Maeve looked around her mother could have been Queen of all this. Why she didn't do it Maeve didn't understand.

Sometimes she got an idea about it but she had never asked. She knew her father wasn't fond of titles and she knew her mother just wanted quiet. How they ever met and formed a family she would never understand. She wished she knew where her twin was. Where was D'ral Ar'klim ([member="Elam Vos"])? Maybe one day he would show once again...

She looked at Ayda and envied her no worries over family, no fretting just be a doctor, care for patients go home, and live. It certainly couldn't hurt as much as all this.

"We can go to the Temple tomorrow to. We shouldn't need permission." Maeve had taken a course there.

As the two girls themselves set on retiring, they left the comfort of the warm fire. As they did, the flickering flames of light, made their shadows dance wildly around the room like scurrying children set free about the night.

Ayda followed Maeve up the ornate staircase of alabaster and marble to the many family chambers. The air about the room in which Maeve suggested they sleep lingered with earlier spirits which had set themselves upon the tapestry, the window glass and furniture, much like someone would leave a scent behind. Ayda could almost make out these spirits, mostly of the young scurrying about the room in flickering images, like those one could imaginarly see through the corner of their eye...almost there, but quickly vanishing upon turning to see them.

There were many happy fragments of these spirits, and Ayda couldn't help but draw a smile. Many of Maeve's lineage had slept here within these same walls since the palace was reconstructed on this world. It were a play room when weather outside kept the children inside. It were what Ayda were drawing from the wisps of spirit energy within these family chambers. Happy memories, which seemed to have been triggered by both her and Maeve upon entering the room.
Ayda didn't say anything as to the spirit energy she were picking up and feeling, but merely followed her friend in.

The little bit of chill that had been in the empty chamber were quickly warmed when Maeve took to go and light the fire in it's place. Although Ayda had felt the room warm up just by Maeve's presence, before the fire were even lit.
Again, the flickering flames bade their shadows to dance within the bedroom chamber as they stood a moment before it.

~ ~ ~

It were a few hours passing before Ayda stirred to awaken. The warm light of the fireplace had many shadows dancing about still, and she turned to look over to the doors which lead to the balcony. The curtains were drawn letting in not only the stars but one of Alderaan's moonlight. She picked up for a fleeting moment remnant of a once young spirit looking out through the glass. It prompted Ayda look over to where the young spirit reflection had once stood. Perhaps it were the same moonlight and stars many years ago, this very night. Whatever it may have been, Ayda could only see this night's splendor...the northern lights on the left and moonlight to the right...with snow capped peaks in between, glittering under the stars.

Ayda remained there on her bed watching the spirit past before she picked up her friend stirring to awaken.

Maeve Ar'klim Maeve Ar'klim

Last edited:
Maeve did not grow up on Alderaan she visited a number of times but never to the palace always to the garden house in the Valley where her parents had lived when they were first married.

But this palace had special meaning to everyone on Alderaan it was the sign of the Princess of old legends one who led a rebellion and her family taken from her. Stories they every child on Alderaan recited, something orators used to push the emotions of their listeners.

Maeve enjoyed family history.

Maeve was named for her mother's sister whose life had been taken by another house on Alderaan during a time of civil unrest. Her mother had also lost her parents that night. Somewhere out in the darkness on one of the paths that led to the lake house there was a monument for them. Aunt Arianna and her mother had it made.

Maeve was dreaming just then of farming with her father how he could make the land grow. They never had a lot but they never went without. The red dawn of the world they lived on compared to the darkness of space where she was actually born were so very different. So much that pepole assumed about them, who really knew them?

Maeve rolled in her sleep her hand drifting down the side of the bed, something told her Ayda was up..."Ayda" she whispered.."you awake?"

Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra

"I am now... hehe..." she found herself giggling, before turning over on her stomach, propping her chin up with elbows on bed.

"Actually, I've been awakened by the spirits of children past." It were no lie, but it kind of sounded like she were playing as she said it in good spirit herself. Of course they weren't the actual spirits, or souls of those whom had passed through these chambers, but their auras..t.heir brightness that had remained within the palace.
Again, they were only swatches of happy memories that she was so well attuned into picking up, like as if the spirits had left footprints in the sand. Only it were spirit imprints among the palace and grounds. Somehow or other, these spirits seemed to be more pronounced during the lack of day. Maybe perhaps it were the star, the sun itself in the system which when it radiated light, it radiated energy waves and interfered with the wisps of these remnant spirit memories. Whatever the reason, it seemed that these spirit memories could be much easily detected during the still of night.

"Among the tragedies of old (adults) who passed through these chambers the children's spirits remained unbroken."

I were an overwhelming feeling...a pure and good feeling...the innocence of children.

Then of course, the Northern lights over the mountain range...
Their light spectacular, although not bright enough to light up the night could be seen through the open curtains. It made the night sky seem magical, like the sky itself danced and pranced around among the stars.

Ayda laid there looking over to Maeve, as the shadows cast by the flickering fire in their room kept the shadows within their chamber alive.

"Maeve, tell me of your father. You had said he passed over when you were young. What do you remember of him?"

'I wasn't so young really" She smiled thought thinking of him of "Well he was a giant of man, big rough hands from the forge and farming. This loud laugh the filled every space and made you want to join in, he loved to sing, and celebrate, loved having family around all the time."

She sighed just a little she missed him still, "He was gentle though too, but no one was more formidable in battle than my father except for maybe Gilamar Skirata Gilamar Skirata "

She held back some tears these qualities that made him so wonderful and important were also the same things that got him killed. "He was gentlest with my mother and us. They were so different like....I think they balanced each other. His warrior to her healer....they were .....complete."

Maeve stopped there. "He'd have scooped you up in a big hug, told you that you needed to eat...and then he'd adopt you" Maeve laughed her father adopted everyone who needed someone.

Ayda Elisantra Ayda Elisantra | Ordo Ordo

Ayda giggled, as chances were, Maeve's father would have likely done just that...welcomed her warmly as Maeve's mother did.

But the fact of the matter was, that Maeve had lost her father and were still hurting inside from it. Although her friend didn't show it. At least had not shown it till just now. It were understandable. Ayda herself had often wondered if she would ever meet her father. She knew that her own mother's spirit were no longer among mortals. Ayda's mom had died before Ayda were becoming aware of whom and what she were. Still, her mortal heart had missed her mother ever since.

Ayda's father on the other hand was still a mystery. But he were still among mortals, somewhere about in the galaxy. She knew this as she could not sense his presence in the Heavens, but felt her draw to his spirit. Only thing was, that it were just that, a feeling, a distant feeling that for some reason or other was somewhat obscure to her senses. Still, it weren't a longing for her father, as Maeve had for her father Ordo, as Ayda never knew her father. There was nothing to miss.

"Well, I eat enough. But just the same, I do understand your meaning. " She replied.
The night were still young, just past the midnight hour and the Northern Lights were like a tapestry of rainbows in the dark skies....with the twinkle of stars being the backdrop to the silhouetted mountain tops.

Tired as her temple were, Ayda just couldn't let this night slip into dreams just yet. She enjoyed sharing these moments with Maeve.

"Maybe one day soon, if you are set on visiting your father's clan, I would be honored in going with you." Ayda reminded Maeve of her willingness to go with her to visit her Mando extended family and clan.
As much as things seemed to have changes among the clans, things always seemed to revert back. Maybe the former differences could be set aside and families reunited as one.
It were after all what the Heavens wished, and Ayda were an instrument of such Divine force.

Maeve thought about how to answer this she had given thought to it before but until now, "My father's clan where he was Alor is no more. There is a Clan Ordo but my family is not among them right now. They have married and belong to other clans, or have died." Maeve laid there in the darkness on her side looking over towards Ayda.

"We grew up taught the way, but to say we could visit my clan, my father's clan isn't possible. We can go and try to find family and speak with them, if they would. Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib But you don't understand how things are, sometimes I don't understand how things are"

She rolled back to look up at the ceiling the darkness, the shadows playing from the firelight. Arla was part of a clan offshoot that called itself Clan Ordo, and Arla was Alor to them, but recently there were more Ordo's coming out Ellie Omera Ellie Omera and while they shared a clan name she didn't know them as family.

She smiled though, "Besides some are still reluctant to speak with anyone who has force tendencies, which leaves me out. Except Ginnie she'd talk to us, but so much has changed in our lives I don't know. I just don't know"

She really didn't know. And she really didn't know what to do.

Muse, inspiration... there was a fine line tethering between the free spirit of mortal souls and divine destiny. At any given moment one could suddenly open their eyes clear to a revelation. And as quickly as inspiration could come, it could just as easily slip away. All it took to extinguish the spark were one's contemplation and reasoning it out. What one could call common sense, it were actually most often the extinguisher of inspiration....excuses.
One should not reason with inspiration begotten through revelation.

Ayda saw Maeve as such a spirit. who seemed lost in navigating toward her true destiny, by thinking it out. Maeve's once greater family, as she had come to know appeared to have fractured. While her heart were longing to piece together her family, Maeve was for the most part lost in how to go about it. Maeve's greater destiny still lay before her. All she had to do were to take it and run with it.

Ayda could not tell Maeve nor show her how to do it, for Maeve were of free will. Even through the Creator, Ayda were not privi of knowing either. Ayda could only inspire, recognize the spark of Maeve's spirit. But only maeve could light the fire and go forth ablaze by her will alone.
Still, it were heart breaking to say the least for Ayda to feel her friend's heart longing to connect with family lost or missed. Within every individual of Maeve's entire family branch, there existed the primal bloodline which connected them all together, even through the force for the most part. It were how many felt/interpreted the connection in their own way.

The flickering flames making shadows dance, were the backdrop of this late night slumber. And outside, the northern lights were the orchestra playing before the tapestry of endless stars. These were all inspiring to Ayda and she knew/felt Maeve's spirit touch upon them as she did. Only that Maeve were reasoning things out.
Ayda then understood as to Maeve's reluctance to grasp that inspiration and go forth in finding her extended family.
The journey was uncertain, the clans were divided...and most of all, her mother Rianna Organa-Ar'klim Rianna Organa-Ar'klim would forbid it.

"I understand the obstacles and tribulations that you are struggling with, Maeve.
Only...what in your heart, the spark which has been urging you to light is telling you to do?"

"I have not sought out council of the light within me sometimes we must face challenges on our own. The light isn't to be used for such things, this is personal it affects no one but me...I think"

Her mother might not forbid it but she would be cautious. "Ginnie would see me. Arla would see me. Sisters and yet worlds apart and in times like the days we live when a journey could be ended tomorrow I feel the need to reconnect to family. I actually don't know where to find Ginnie Dib Ginnie Dib right now but my Cousin Arabella is married to a Dib they might know. I would have to call Muad Dib Muad Dib and see if he knows."

She sighed heavy and shook her head. "The lights are crossing the mountain range." She rolled over to face the other wall, "you should sleep Ayda" Maeve stared at the wall. Feth.

Rightly so, Ayda thought of what her friend said. If one could not follow their own inspiration but of others, then lost they would forever be, until they found their own path.
Maeve were on that tether, that fine line which balanced what others expected of her and that of her own path to destiny.

Ayda understood and respected her friend's heart felt desire to connect to family lost. There would be great obstacles ahead of her as Maeve pointed out. Maeve were a force user and for the most part, the culture she were currently apart from, frowned upon those whom connected with it. But the bond of family and it's call were greater than the current cultural laws which had separated many families, including Maeve's.

Ayda didn't have to affirm her friend that she would accompany her on whatever journey Maeve took. It were something which were understood between them by now. Ayda would be there for Maeve. That much were a given.

Alderaan were not only orbiting her sun, traveling at over 100, 000 kilometers an hour, but also spinning on it's axis. Nightfall and starlight would soon give way to Dawn's early light. The two had talked awhile and tiredness were giving way to sleep.
They had talked, stayed up for far longer than both had expected and their bodies which were of mortal flesh, blood and bones, bade them both to rest.

Ayda bid her friend a good night. Tomorrow were fast approaching, and with it, would bring them a new horizon.
She closed her eyes, following her friend to sleep.

She did not dream much just little bits here and there something from the past, something from today, and something that made no sense. But she had been taught not to dismiss anything.

She could hear the silence in the room the fire was still burning the droids must have made sure to keep it going. The room was warm her body was slowly waking up.

The room was still very dark the curtains kept out the light.

There was the gentle breathing of Ayda, then she thought she heard the whine of an engine. Theo must be leaving for patrol. She smiled he was always so nice to her.

Maeve laid there though with her eyes closed she did not want to wake up sleep had pulled her down deep and it was a great place. She smiled but said nothing.

Another day....maybe another trip. She thought of the family, and then thought of nothing as she drifted back to sleep.

It weren't till the darkness of the night were awash with the the approaching dawn that Ayda fell into a deep sleep. It carried her away, far far away to a world much like the one which her temple currently rested in sleep.

It were a beautiful world at first with large cities and space ports but not overly industrialized. She breezed over one, onto green forests which opened up to pastures, farms and simple people. Farmers, both men and women including their young all working together in harmony with their earth.

Ayda found it curious as to the many men and women both in cities and farms wore plates of armor... Mandaloreans she then realized in her dream.

Ayda took to stop and drop down from the heavens to speak to one. But as the man turned, to her, his armor took to blaze and burn, along with the man inside.
Ayda sprang back in horror. She had never seen flesh burn like that, not inside a vessel of armor.
in not time the fire from the man lit the ground, the fields and spread to the forest beyond. Everywhere Ayda looked, there was fire, men, women and children burning. But this was no hell fire, but fire begotten by man and his kind and it was set ablaze upon this world.

Ayda sprang up and rose up above the fire, but as high as she could rise, below her burned everything...

ASjnqsK.jpg

She then dove down again and flew as fast as she could to get ahead of the fire until she reached the first forest in line with the approaching hailstorm.
Ayda called out to those whom were looking at their approaching doom, but no one listened, nor heeded her plea to flee.
Even the animals of the forest didn't flee and just stood there accepting what were coming up fast among them...

"Gasp!" Ayda suddenly sprang up from the nightmare.

"Oh Berkana..." she gasped in labored breath.
"The people, the creatures-" She then said before cutting out.
Ayda realized then it were not a foresight, nor insight as to what was about to take place, but what had happened not too long ago.

She then sadly looked over to her friend Maeve with tears in her eyes. What Ayda realized was that she had dreamed what already happened. But why had she not seen this before it happened? Her dream had been about what had taken place when the sith
Why now after the sith had razed Mandalore and other Mando worlds?
Why had she not been beckoned by Berkana to go there?

"Maeve... I must go to Mandalore. The fires will soon start to burn there again." She then said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom