Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Parent

Well at least she knew was swimming was and could still do it. "There are some that are warm most though are cold." He shrugged his shoulders not sure what all to really talk about with Dr. E.

"Alderaan tends to have everything its odd. If you think you want to roam a jungle its there, if you want to swim in the warm pool surrounded by ice, and an air temperature that will make you regret leaving the warm pools we have it. I tend to like the desert a bit more. Clear skies, cold nights, hot days. and well the beach." He gently set his cup on the counter contemplating another cup. His cobalt blue eyes looked over at Ayda.

"So." He would do the thing he probably should do since Maeve's brother was missing. "How long have known Maeve again?" Drs were usually trustworthy and Maeve seemed at east with Dr. E but he felt he should ask a few probing serious questions.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

Well as much as she wished to see snow, a swim in warm waters surrounded by snow would be something she would want more.

Jungles and deserts she had experienced and all under fire. The sea and beach she had dreamed about. Well, been there in someone else's dream. But it were real enough, as she still could remember the warm sand getting stiffer as she neared the water's edge..then the coolness of it as the sea washed over her feet and prints. Yes, she had been to a beach and thinking about it now; she liked that too. Liked the way the sun lightened her hair and darkened her skin. It were magical...

Then for some reason, Theo wandered off elsewhere and pulled her away from those memories, asking about her relationship with his cousin.
"A few campaigns... " she easily recounted those days and nights attending to the wounded and the sick...sometimes the day would run into the night and into the next sunrise.
"She were a remarkable healer...of both broken bodies and souls..." There was no real days to count for both she and Maeve worked almost around the clock. To someone's normal day, it would sometimes be equivalent of three or more when it pertained to them.

"...but long enough to know Maeve is of pure heart." It were all that really mattered. But she had known that the first three days she met Maeve. What followed was time spent with a kindred heart...it could well be eternity. But Theo would likely not understand that, so she left it at that.

Ayda learned at a young age to not over explain herself, as it frightened most individuals and they would alienate her out of fear. So in order to assimilate to those around her, she learned to keep a lot of her true identity on the low, as they called it.

"How long have you known Maeve?" She then asked. it were a legitimate question, much like the one Theo had asked her. Sure they shared a bloodline. But did they share every moment, of every hour of every day of every year together since conception to say they knew each other a lifetime?
It were really a matter of perspective...of two souls bonding. This could happen in a day or a lifetime.
Ayda only knew that it took her three days to know Maeve were a kindred spirit...and that, if put in perspective as to when she had met Maeve; in Theo's timeline calculation it was only a year ago.

Then again, Theo being a male kind as he were; he could well fall in love at first sight with someone and love them a lifetime. Could then someone gauge how long it were for someone to know another?

[member="Theo Vereen"]

How long had he known Maeve?

"Maeve is a bit older than I am so I've know her all my life." Again that shrug found its way into his shoulders, "she is a good person." Course she has a temper too wonder if Ayda knew about that. Course...he was the tormentor at the time much like he tormented others in the family.

Wow that seemed so long ago right now he.well yeah it was a bit ago.

He sighed, "feth Dr. E I have no idea what to talk about with you. I mean I could talk family, patrols and history of Alderaan. But I'm afraid you'd find it boring." he shook his head slightly.

"Want to walk around look at pictures on the wall?"

She could well look at such things, sure.

Ayda had often spent many restless nights as a child wandering about the dark halls of the orphanage, looking at what man and his kind had created. At the time, she were not fully aware, nor had the development to outreach beyond her little temple (child body), but just the same, her curiosity were for the most part endless then as it were now.

The Creator had fashioned man and his kind from stardust, and they in turn fashioned things from the same matter, whether it be in the form of art, shelter or instruments of war and destruction. Man and his kind were not at the stage the Creator had envisioned for them..not yet anyways. But they were getting there...in a few more millions years.

As thus, they were still kind of lost in so many directions, as children would be...occasionally hitting things on the mark, like Art.
But Art was just one aspect of what the Creator had bestowed on man and his kind. Some through the development of time had used that gift to fashion weapons of war besides raising cities and the means to travel the stars.
Were Ayda interested in looking at pictures? Yes, but not as much as discovering what Theo had learned throughout his life. Making hot chocolate was one particular thing she enjoyed him sharing with her.

You see, Ayda were awakened by the Creator and throughout her life as her temple grew to become a young woman, only the awareness of whom/what she were had slowly been unveiled to her. All else, she were to learn of man and his kind's creativeness...and destruction.
Ayda were no different from man and his kind in her human form. She could not see into ma's visions like the Creator could. Ayda had to learn like all children of the worlds around her and that was through the passing of knowledge.
And she were like a sponge.

"Looking at pictures will be good. If you could share their meaning with me, it would be better." She turned to look into his eyes, her orbs were just as inviting as her smile.

Yes, she were curious as to what Theo knew and learned, as then she would learn too.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He looked into her eyes brilliant orbs that sparkled with curiosity. He had seen it before. He smiled "Ok, I can handle that..let's start in the foyer."

He nodded, "You can bring your chocolate too if you want" He pointed to the door and started out, "The Mountain Palace is based upon the dairy of Princess Leia Organa. She mentioned how much she." He stopped, "I told you that already didn't I?" He laughed.

The speech was rehearsed others had come to the palace looking for connection and a history lesson. "Princess Leia was the adopted daughter of Bail Organa and his wife Breha. He was actually Prince Consort to his wife who was Queen. They couldn't have children of their own and so when a small baby girl became available they adopted her. Do you know the story?"

He had to learn the history of House Organa. It was the first thing he and Laira were taught. Know your family, know who you are, everything else will fall into place.

Ayda drew her cup from the center island of the kitchen cupping it, as she followed Theo.

"I've come across a few versions. Just never from a family member. Not from the heart." Historians could well write facts and biographies from known sources and records. But they could not touch upon the matrix which came from the bloodline itself. It were there, deeply hidden in all the family members...shards of all that brought them to this very existence...their ancestor's journey.
No historian could tap into the souls of those passed...only the descendants had the ability to traverse into their family's past; for they themselves, unknowingly or not, had that key, that ability.

"Hehe..." She for no apparent reason, at least not to the young man, let out a chuckle.

Ayda had found a small spark of Theo's forefront, the remnant of what remained of his ancestor Anakin within him.
It explained then Theo's past and why he teased his cousins and so forth as a child.
It tickled her to discover the young man had quite a mischievous past growing up. This naturally emanated from Theo as he recounted his family's history, often touching upon memories of his relationships with family members, including Maeve. Of course Theo hadn't spoken about them to Ayda, as he kept those memories to his self. But those feelings as he recalled were still there and emanated. Ayda were just picking up bits and pieces of his feelings as he recalled in his mind and heart his growing up. It were his soul, his spirit that Ayda were occasionally feeling, as he walked and talked.

This by the way was quite more interesting and it explained tenfold more as to where he had come to develop his personality. Of course this young man were not as confused as his ancestor Anakin. Still, there were shards of that poor soul within Theo's spirit.

Of course her little giggle may have come out as a tease and she quickly realized it.
"No, please go on. I were thinking of Leia's father, Anakin. He had such pure spark within him until it were corrupted by the Serpent." Yes, the serpent were of course none other than Palpatine.

"Anakin used to get into quite a few mischief's, with good intentions in his childhood, no?"

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He was beginning to realize that Ayda did not talk like everyone else he knew. She referred to darkness as a serpent, so what was light...the spark. Ok..he could follow this.

"The stories that were told remain in the Jedi Archives though it was thought they were lost. But yes as he was in training to become a Jedi he managed to get into a few scrapes that earned him a reputation. Ya have to wonder if they had let him have some freedoms would he have turned so easily. Someone tasting freedom for the first time tends to over indulge because of the feeling it gives."

He had watched slaves and prisoners when they walked out on their own able to do what they wanted. The look on their faces...almost euphoric.

"Hmm..." She took in what Theo were recounting. Much of it she had already come upon in a few variations. But the young man before her were recounting as he had understood it through both family history and jedi archives.
Ayda knew that the Jedi kept as close to the truth as they could...although as in all living beings with consciousness, there could not be helped the fact that it were difficult for them not to be biased.

"What are your feelings as to Anakin falling as he did?" She asked.
Ayda were interested in Theo's own feelings of his fallen ancestor. She herself had no real opinion of her own per say; but there were vibes that she often felt on the matter that emanated from the one who had first discovered the young prodigy, Qui-Gon Jin.
How different would have the boy grown up if he were nurtured under that revered jedi spirit Qui-Gon, and not Obi-wan, who so often refereed to Anakin as a brother. Qui-Gon would have been more of a father... then too the boy's lack of his loving mother...Ayda often wondered if those two spirits would have influenced Anakin to remain in the light, despite the Serpent beguiling him.

But her question was not as to the why, but as for what Theo himself were feeling as to Anakin's fall. Theo shared some bloodline and as thus, some connection to his greater ancestor Anakin.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

He had to pause, what did he think of Anakin Skywalker falling into the darkness. Hmm..."There are those that say he went too easily. I think we would have to know him on a personal level to know why he fell. Records, and notes from history is written by those who survived. And Survivors can write whatever they want it doesn't mean it is actual, or fact filled.:"

He had thought about darkness a number of times, his grandfather Garith Darkhold was a dark kashi, his father had been a sith for a time so darkness was not something that he was unfamiliar with. But each of them went into the darkness for emotional reasons that overwhelmed their sense of justice, sense of right and wrong.

"I think if we knew the circumstances we would understand why he fell. We might even understand how he came to kill so many thousands without a blink. It wouldn't make what he did right or even justified it was horrible what he did to so many. It would take more than a single act of reason to make up for it."

Theo didn't believe that Darth Vader's action at killing the Emperor relieved him of any burden of accountability for all he had done.

"What do you think of it?"

Ayda's understanding of the force at times went against the very same covenant she had with her Creator. But the force in this particular place among the distant galaxies were given freedom of choice where otherwise it would have been just the Will, the Spirit of the Creator.

She looked over to Theo weighing in what he had said about the many means that may have caused that Anakin to fall.
She hadn't given it much thought before as to the multiple failures along Anakin's life that had made him susceptible to be so easily beguiled by the Serpent (Palpatine).
Ayda had often wondered if she herself had existed at the time (9 centuries ago), if she would have seeked his stained and decrepit soul to devour it forevermore upon his life force expiring. That is, before the force itself had absolved Vader of all it's sins committed against helpless souls.
Ayda herself could no longer touch, nor have dominion over a spirit within the realm of the force, once it had aspired to become a force ghost. She could either guide a good soul to everlasting light or annihilate a damned one, but were forbidden to revert what the force had already claimed.

"I would not put any justification of taking innocent souls, to redeem a decrepit one." She then replied.

It were not easy for her to explain to Theo, a bright aspiring young soul as to what she were outside her human form and as to why she wouldn't have hesitated in destroying Vader's soul before the force atoned it. Yes, Ayda would have certainly been in conflict with the force, if she had gotten to Vader 's soul first. But it would have been within the scope of her covenant with the Creator. The force itself then would have had to abide by the same covenant and not revert what Ayda had done also.

"But the force seemed to have acquired dominion at the time over the soul of Anakin and redeemed it to salvation." She stopped right there. it were obvious she strongly disagreed in what followed after Vader's death..Anakins' redemption.
But what of the young souls?..the younglings as young as six? How could anyone be forgiven for such atrocities? Thousands of decrepit souls including Tarkin's were devoured forevermore at the instant the Death Star exploded. Why..why had Anakin's soul been sifted through Vader's to come out pure? Ayda could not understand as to why the force did this. Still what the force had done, she had to accept. same if Vader's soul had been destroyed by one of her kind..the force would have had to accept it.

It were then that a shard of revered light reflected off one of the rendered paintings that caught her attention...or seemed to divert her attention.
It were a painting of Leia in Alderaan's countryside. It weren't so much the aura of Leia that got her attention, but of the artist's own aspiration of Alderaan that was emitting from it. Alderaan... a green and bluish emerald that had once lighted the pitch black expanse of space. Ayda were getting to understand as to why she were standing on a similar world recreated.

"I'm sorry Theo." She turned her attention back to him.
"I didn't wish to dwell on the darkness where there is so much more beauty in the light." She then said.
"Tell me of your childhood here on Alderaan."

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"Don't be sorry for expressing a thought. Everyone is entitled to it whether it is socially acceptable or not." He let out this sigh he was glad his name was Vereen and not Organa. Organa like his grandmother, mother, aunts, and uncles they had this image to live up this reputation that everyone thought they should have. How they should act...but what happen was so long ago that nothing of them remained except memories in holos.

His family wasn't them. His family fought their own struggles and managed not to become...well all except his Grandfather but his Grandfather...was like Anakin he imagined he killed for what he believed to be justified. It did not make it right and he understood when he said he had to go away to protect the family.

He looked at Ayda, "childhood on Alderaan."

What to say to that, "spoiled beyond means, but made to pick up my own socks. Just because we have titles did not make us lazy or assuming. We've worked for everything. Beyond that summers in the mountains at the lake, trips to the planet Aldera to the cabin, trips to the desert to camp, swimming in jungle pools........and learning history, etiquette, speaking, politics, geography...all the things everyone learns. WE lived in an apartment out in the canyon for a while...then the palace."

He looked up at the painting, "it wasn't quite like that. Idealized perfect. My parents right other parents, I fought with sister, my parents, my grandmother. I was boy who could climb trees and hated to dance at functions that were necessary. It was remarkable and yet really unremarkable"

He thought nothing of being Prince of Alderaan. His mother the Queen bestowed the titles, and he would glady give his back. But the other title she gave him was Crown Prince of the planet Aldera. He had to go there soon and learn from the advisors there. He wasn't sure he was ready for all that. But he would do it.

"I might have enjoyed growing up in a hospital" He smiled.

She had finished the last of her hot chocolate, lightly licking her lips as she held the empty mug, savoring the last remnant of rich chocolate.

The orphanage and then her residency at the hospital were well remembered and with fondness too, as it had greatly influenced her decision to continue to serve there as they had been kind enough to care for her when she were younger and helpless.
Yes, Theo may have liked growing up there too. Although there were many youngsters that had traversed many of the early years and then some that disliked the care and guardians that looked over their welfare. A few left on their own , sometimes during the cover of darkness while many simply left when they were of age and never to look back. But she were among the few..or many that remained and stayed on to continue their education at the university and serve in many professions. Ayda had chosen to remain throughout her teens to become a doctor. And one of the youngest to get accredited. Only thing was she had to intern since 14 under licensed more experienced surgeons for them to finally sign off on her PHD at 17.

She didn't reply to his comment, but simply nodded her understanding, taking what he had said verbatim. She weren't attuned to sarcasm, taking some light hearted statements for face value. Ayda had no reason to suspect Theo was playing, teasing with her, when he would.

And she did quite enjoy looking at the paintings depicting Theo's former ancestral world of Alderaan. Seemed that many artifacts survived as they were off world when the Empire struck at Alderaan that unfaithful day.
She hadn't seen much of the new Alderaan, but enough to see the comparisons or the heart that had gone in making this world the jewel once lost. The Alderaani as a whole were a proud people and one of Berkana's beloved children....when they behaved.
Ayda looked over to Theo. Yes, he had misbehaved quite a number of times...but his heart were good and not always clouded when he took to peer out and find his family there still loving him. His great fallen grandfather he were not at all destined to become. She somehow felt that and gave him a smile.

Her eyes then traced down his features, strong collar bone which lead her eyes to his muscular biceps and forearm, to then his hand.
"You...you going to finish that?" She asked with anticipation.

Theo still had a good half mug of hot chocolate left...most likely still warm and delicious.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Protecting his cup, "You want my chocolate?" He looked at her cup she drained it wow. "You're not afraid of my germs?" He tried to half smile to show he was teasing her but would she understand it seemed this kind of taunting she reacted in a literal way.

This was the test should be literal?

He had no problem giving it to her he really wasn't interested in it. It sounded good at the time but the taste for it had slipped away.

The palace was quiet no sounds. Where was Maeve? Had she fallen asleep and left him alone with Dr. E? He hoped not.

"Haha..." It hit her funny bone.
Her afraid of germs?...
Ayda thought Theo quite contradicted what she did as a profession.
" No...haha...no I'm not afraid of germs." she replied, getting the joke. yes, this one she understood as it were similar to others that she had often heard from servicemen..recovering patients.

"Besides, you aren't ill." Yes, she could tell.
"...and you have only been carrying your hot chocolate around because you don't appear to want to leave the cup down..." Yes, she had observed as to Theo being conscious not to spill the contents as they walked and talked. He didn't seem interested in finishing the brew and she were currently out.

"...not in here, anyway." yes, she were eyeing his warm chocolate. She thought of asking for another cup, but they were no longer near the kitchens. She certainly didn't wish for him, nor herself to go and make another cup if Theo weren't going to finish his. It would have been a waste.
Besides, it were cooling off and she thought best in asking while it were still warm...after all it were called hot chocolate, wasn't it?

Ayda weren't sure if it would still be as good cold as it were hot.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"You don't know where I've been Dr. E, I might be a carrier" He smiled again, but he did offer her the cup, "I'm not interested in it. Somehow I just lost the taste for it, happens sometimes"

He had seen it happen sounds good, looks good, and then eh..but he had been taught not to waste things like this. His mother would say something about starving children in the galaxy, so if she wanted it, he was happy to give it to her.

"Its probably luke warm, we can go zap it if you like. Then I think we should go find Maeve."

He shouldn't be wandering around the palace leaving Maeve alone anyhow, even though she was family it just wasn't right him stealing her company.

"Hmm..." She eyed him a moment before relieving him of the mug.
"You're playing. You don't have any contagions. You're immune to a lot of pathogens, Theo." She would know, looking into his orbs.

Well how about that? The chocolate elixir did taste different when just warm. It were still good, but it were much better hot. Ayda didn't think it necessary to zap it..most likely in a flash heater or the like. Besides, it were still chocolaty good as Theo had made it and she were reminded of Maeve, her friend. Ayda looked down the corridors as Theo mentioned his cousin. She liked Maeve. It were why she were here with her on Alderaan.
She simply nodded in agreement and let Theo lead the way back.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"Immune..hmmm" He handed her the cup, "if you want to live dangerously here ya go"

They walked back looking for Maeve, "So..." he wanted to get some things clear why he did not know, "Maeve is a distant cousin, her mother is sister to my grandmother. She as you know is following her mother's steps in medicine so there's some pressure for her to do well. Though....I've heard rumor that the King of Aldera is planning on granting her a title on his world, which will help her to secure additional funding for her work."

He had considered a number of things of what he wanted to do. He would always be a Prince on Alderaan. And his mother still wanted him to have a wife of noble birth from Alderaan, she said something about stability and some other words that he half heard. He wasn't ready for all of that he wanted to travel, and see the sites before assuming duties.

Fact though he already had duties.

He sighed to many thoughts he glanced over at Ayda, "How is your Drs without borders funded?" Maybe he could help her in some way too.

Ayda eagerly accepted the sweet chocolate drink, handing Theo her empty mug.
She certainly didn't wish to leave him empty handed. Besides, her mug were empty and it were silly for her to carry it, while enjoying Theo's.

Who or what were behind Doctor's Without Borders.

Interesting... she had not thought about it, really. At least the aspect as to where it acquired all the ships, the equipment and supplies from.
Ayda were just grateful that it provided the means for her to expand her reach in aiding those whom suffered in life. That meant even those whom caused suffering in the battlefield. To Ayda there were no friend, nor foe...there were only the suffering. She treated everyone as best her mortal life allowed her to.

"I do not know.
I am not part of its administration, Theo. I believe Maeve receives requests and notices like I do, as to what current crisis need humanitarian support. Then it's on a voluntary basis for anyone to register for the campaign." She replied, before taking a good swig at the warm chocolaty elixir...it were still so good.

"I just know that it's party an extension of the Allied Tion Medical Center on Lianna. Although the hospital itself is not directly behind it, it's kinda like a wing." How were she to explain to Theo that the ATMC had suffered as far as outreaching to the better part of the galaxy ever since The Sith Empire had annexed that sector as theirs?
The hospital which was once a great medical center of learning and healing had lost it's influx of both in and outpatients due to the sith overlords that now rulled over the sector and Lianna itself.

"I had found myself like many good doctors there when the sith Empire claimed the system and surrounding sector, with lack of patients to care for. The hospital then commissioned the ATM Serenity from Mandal Arms to construct a hospital ship..a wing of the hospital to take their services out of sith territory and back out to the galaxy. The ATM serenity operates under Doctors Without Borders. It is the only asset that I know of that was given to DWB from the hospital.
Where other ships, services and doctors come from; must be from other systems that have done the same as the Allied Tion MC."

Ah...she recognized the hallway from their roundabout approach. Seemed Theo had took her on a short round tour. And wouldn't you know it, the last of Theo's chocolaty drink was gone.
"I can take that..." She offered to retrieve the mug she had exchanged with Theo before. She didn't mind carrying both as they were all empty now. besides, she drank pretty much both anyway.
"...and wash them too."

[member="Theo Vereen"]

"ok, hmm I'm not sure I follow all that logic, except maybe you are saying you work for someone else." Not quite the response he expected not by the way Maeve talked about it all so he must have misunderstood.

hmm.

He looked at the cups, "Oh you can if you want, or just put them in the washer and it will get done with the breakfast dishes." Who would cook breakfast for them.."What are you plans for tomorrow?"

Ok he was jumping around again but sometimes his mind did that.

"I'll have to...talk to...the medical center then. Maybe.." He reached up scratched his head still working through his confusion.

"So...back to you job for a minute, you go where you're needed, and sometimes on a whim of the medical, is that right?" He had to get this all straight in his head.

"No, not on a whim, no.
The organization sends out alerts and notices of current and existing campaigns to us, that could use more humanitarian help. It is strictly on a volunteer basis, not assignments, Theo." She nevertheless took both mugs. She had after all enjoyed both hers and Theo's. It were only proper for her to at least bring them back to where he indicated they would be cleaned and sanitized.

Ayda, like Maeve received many notices, like tags of new campaigns that followed the galaxy's many warring factions. There were always a system under domination or being taken over forcefully and that meant casualties all all fronts including civilians. Doctors Without Borders weren't at all popular with many factions, like the sith, or the Imperials as DWB tended to provide humanitarian aid to all afflicted by these altercations. This at times put the doctors and volunteers in quite a predicament when one side disapproved of them aiding what that faction deemed the enemy. DWB took no sides, other than the afflicted. Quite often in field hospitals, a soldier would awaken after surgery to find what would be his enemy, recovering in the next cot.

"We are always given a choice as to where we wish to provide aid. Then we are given transports, equipment, supplies and volunteering medical assistants. It somehow has worked by the grace of our Creator that Maeve and I had chosen the same campaigns. " She explained, not questioning the probability that it were not by coincidence.

Yes, it were perhaps the Creator's doing, in pairing the two doctors up recently. For what reason, only the Creator knew. Ayda chose her campaigns by feelings... a kind of call. Currently, she had no such call despite the galaxy had spurted new wars.

The two finally got back around to the kitchen, where Theo showed her where the dishware and utensils got cleaned. It were similar to the washers they had at the many cafeterias in hospitals. Ayda would sometimes put some time herself in helping with the cleaning of utensils. besides, it not only sanitized dishware but also medical apparatus in the field when nothing else was readily available. Quite often field doctors had to find inventive means of sanitizing things and linens under less ideal conditions.

No sooner they were out of the kitchens and back to where Maeve were expected to be, Ayda passed by one of the large glass panel doors to one of the lower balconies that overlooked the mountain valley below. There were some distant lights..homes most likely, way down in the dark valley below. They looked like a small cluster of stars compared to the ones above the palace in the night sky.
She paused in mid step, before looking over to Theo.
"You watch over them, don't you?" She were meaning the Alderaani souls sleeping soundly below.

[member="Theo Vereen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom