Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Parent

Getting in touch with her mother was never hard it was finding a point where she would be able to stop what she was doing. With all that had happened on Alderaan her mother was there more and more.

Maeve look over [member="Ayda Elisantra"] , "don't be nervous, ask questions...." They were headed to the Sanctuary Coast first from there she didn't know what her mother had planned. Rianna had found it interesting that Maeve wanted to bring a friend home to meet her. She of course assumed it was a special friend but Maeve quickly squashed that idea.

But now Maeve was nervous what would Ayda think of her mother of her family. She wished for a minute D'ral would be there too. Gosh she wished she could get passed all of this, but she knew in her heart she never would. It would always linger that her family was following the nomadic path of the mandalorians while she sat still.

She thought about helping them...but knew that her sensitivity would be an issue...so how...eh...squirrels running around in her brain.

She looked at Ayda, "We have clearance to land."

Yep..they were one step closer.

Aldreraan...

It first appeared as a small blue marble among the countless stars when their transport dropped out of hyperspace.

Ayda always took to viewing her approach from space toward a green world. She was not one who loved space travel, but did gaze in awe at worlds welcoming her. And she watched out her window as Alderaan grew and grew as their transport neared the system, until it was a giant living sphere...a breathtaking wonderful and beautiful blue world. She could make out the oceans and the landmasses below before the ship angled for a descent.

Sitting back in her seat, Ayda turned to Maeve as the friction of the atmosphere obscured her view of the planet.
"I've heard so much of this planet. It was made almost identical to the original...the one the Galactic Empire destroyed once."

They were re-entering Alderaan, and despite the vessel's inertia stabilizers, she could feel the ship ripping through the atmosphere. How fragile life was she was reminded in the safety of the ship's cocoon. It would be impossible for a living being to drop in on a planet like that from the vacuum of space were it not for ingenuity as such. Only not all of what the living made were for the good of all.

"Maeve, is it true that most Alderaani continue to remain peaceful despite the many attacks they have incurred during the years from the sith?" She asked, for it was in tune to her own feelings of existence. Peace and harmony.

Ayda didn't know how to hate, for she had never experienced anything to remotely trigger such an emotional response or to be thrust in that state of mind. Sure she had her share of being picked on as a child for being quite peculiar...but she never fought back, for there was no reason for her to. Besides, she could never understand how anyone could hurt another for such mundane reasons. As thus, she had always stood down...backed off submissively. Her connection to the force somehow restrained her from hurting anyone. As thus, it rightly came about as she grew up as a ward of state on Rhinnal and then Lianna that she was perfect to become a doctor...a healer. And Ayda embraced it as she embraced her role within the force...

As a doctor, and even before that as an intern, Ayda had seen many conflicts, horrible inflicted wounds, much suffering and everything else that ailed the living. And most of these were campaigns that she had been on, besides the patients that she was first exposed to during internship. And of those conflicts she had gone to serve in, they always pertained the siths... or that of the First Order. Seemed these two factions were always determined to express their deep desire to inflict war and pain on peaceful systems.

"Wouldn't that make them stronger in will than all those put together who've tried to extinguish their light?"

"I don't think about that part really, I just think of it as one of my homes." It was it was one of those places that grew green and wanted peace. Peace came with a price and Alderaan had paid it a few times. But Alderaan felt empty to her at times like it was missing it's soul. She just couldn't figure it all out.

"The people stay peaceful to a degree. But [member="Ayda Elisantra"] many are tired of having to suffer the cost of rebuilding. It's not an easy life to rebuild all the time. Many have left going to another place that is protected and unknown for the most part." Aldera. So much like Alderaan and yet had no suffered as Alderaan had. She couldn't blame them for leaving.

"What seems to make them stronger at times is their desire to be here. To.." Maeve laughed, "be able to look to the skies and say 'is that all you got...cause we are still here'" Yes sitll here still living, still fighting.

A few more turns and the ship was landing on the coast through the view port Maeve could see her mother's form standing there with her hands folded in front of her waiting patiently. "That's my mom" She pointed towards the dark haired woman.

"I guess it's safe to say Welcome to Alderaan" Maeve rose up motioning for Ayda to follow. The gangplank was down and she was already heading down it towards her mother.

It certainly had been quite a long jump. But then again, they were coming from pretty much hot zones where the sith actually took foothold. In many ways they were heading more toward what used to be the beacon of civilization, the core worlds.
But they too the last millennia had seen as much or more warfare than any other parts of the galaxy that had been infested with sith.

Ayda hadn't at first picked up on Maeve's discontent for the system where her mother was currently residing. It weren't till they had dropped into the Alderaan system that Ayda didn't the the stars light up in her companion's eyes. They were somewhat indifferent of the system they had just entered. naturally Ayda didn't inquire about as to why her friend wasn't too excited of finally reaching home...or one of her home worlds.
It wasn't till they were planet side and coming in on their final approach that Maeve's attitude picked up, and that was certainly on account of spotting her mother there waiting for her.

Ayda knew there was a lot for her to learn of Maeve and of her family relations concerning this system called Alderaan. Somehow Maeve's mother seemed to call it home, but Maeve wasn't as attached to it.
She had been quite down about the system being assaulted so many times and of the Alderaani still standing proud..never giving up on their home or way of life. Somehow Maeve couldn't understand as to why they all felt as such..the connection to the system.
This would eventually come to light, Ayda figured. But she were a guest and knew not to be too inquisitive. If something was bothering Maeve, Ayda was certain that she would open up to her when the time was right.

And right now, what was important was her friend reuniting with her mother. Ayda remained a bit set back, for this wasn't her time...it was Maeve's. But she was definitely excited nevertheless in seeing how mother and daughter would greet after so many long campaigns that had separated them. Ayda was happy for her friend, and followed her down the ramp.

Right away, she could see Maeve's mother's features that she had come to recognize on her friend. They were certainly very striking women..and Ayda could see where the strength she often felt of Maeve had originated from.

She was right behind her friend, when mother and daughter reunited in an embrace Ayda could only ever dream about...

There she was coming down the ramp looking more lovely than ever how could she and Ordo of had such beautiful children together. Wouldn't he be proud right now of her? Rianna walked towards the ship to greet her daughter and friend.

As Rianna drew Maeve in for the embrace she felt the eyes of the young woman with her on them. A flutter of a sense of longing brushed Rianna's senses Rianna for a moment hugged her harder and then let go.

Maeve smiled, "Buir how are you?" Rianna brushed the dark hair from Maeve's brow, "I am well..." There were words unspoken there always were. Grief still held them both in places that neither were ready to move from. It would take time is all.

"Introduce me to your friend"

Maeve shook her head, "sorry, Buir this is [member="Ayda Elisantra"] a co-worker of mine with the Doctors without Borders organization."

Rianna stepped towards the young woman, "Ayda, welcome to Alderaan." While Maeve had not entirely accepted her force abilities because of the situation with Clan Ordo and the Empire or were they the Protectorate now, she forgot sometimes. Rianna extended her hand waiting to see what the girl would do.

Ayda gave off a bit of a presence, however Rianna was not sure if the girl was aware of it.

"I've asked for tea and a few things to eat be brought. Are you hungry?" Good parent always makes sure the kids eat.

She picked it up almost instantly. The feeling of relief and excitement in Maeve's mother as she embraced her daughter.
So that was how a mother dealt with her loved one being away for some time...they kept a vigil of worry that could only be washed away when they held their daughter like when they were of child. It were unconditional love...something which Ayda understood, but never experienced. Sure, she had very good caretakers as she grew up...but nothing to the caliber of mother and daughter that she took to experience here.

"Yes...very nice to meet you...Lady Organa" She replied, not at all familiar as to why Maeve called her mother 'Buir' , as Ayda wasn't at all familiar with Mando culture or language. It had not been in any of her studies. She probably figured it meant 'mother', but best she stick with proper etiquette and address her as 'Lady'.

"We've served in quite a few campaigns...tours actually. Maeve is quite a Healer.." She then said, before they parted hands.

Ayda couldn't help but feel the gentle soft hands of Maeve's mother, she were holding in hers. She had been told Maeve's mother was also a healer. Ayda was certain, she were a compassionate and gentle healer. Again, she could only assume maeve's gift of healing derived from her mother.

Ayda looked over to her friend, who smiled at her nodding for them two to go right ahead and get some tea before anything else.

"Yes, tea would be good.." Ayda replied, looking up again to Rianna. At that moment, she felt a welcome...a warm welcome from Rianna. It were genuine and direct, in fact. Somehow Ayda had the feeling that she was welcomed by Rianna even if she had not known Maeve at all. This was a first for her, for everyone she had met didn't right away take to her as such. This drew a warm feeling from Ayda...like, she were at a place that knew her.

Maeve watched, "Oh..." she saw a moment of what is that? "Buir is what we call our parents whether male or female in mandalorian." She sometimes forgot that not everyone understood or spoke mand'oa and she would need to explain. Perhaps she best stick to basic for a while.

She glanced to her mother, "I think I'd rather have something else, is there any juice?" She knew there would be if anything her mother always had everything around. She smiled at [member="Ayda Elisantra"] compliment. She had some skill she would admit but no one compared to her mother. Least not in her eyes.

"While you two become acquainted I'm hungry, and Buir...I mean Mom you should know Ayda is a skilled doctor she trained on Lianna. Don't you know a little something about that place?" Maeve started walking she knew that they could stand in one spot all day.

Here on the coast there was a lot to see, and many to help.

"I have not been lady Organa for some time." She smiled she was often called Lady because of many reasons but she in truth preferred, "Call me Rianna." When Arianna came to the throne Rianna gave up all titles in House Organa. Though Faith saw fit to bestow ranks upon D'ral and Maeve Rianna had lost her investment in titles long ago.

Rianna nodded, "if we don't go with her she will eat all the best sandwiches. She and her brother use to fight over them I have no idea why." Rianna began walking slowly her age perhaps or just taking her time. "So tell me things about yourself. Were you born on Lianna?"

Rianna was familiar with Lianna that felt like a lifetime ago right now. Another era. She sighed but kept her thoughts calm as she walked with young Ayda.

It had been too quick of a speed read, but she could recall a flash memory of one of the history lessons concerning the Allied Tion Medical Center, and of the healer there on record by the name of Organa. Only it had not been at all pertinent to the lessons she had to study for one of the semester finals, and she had only glanced over it. But that flash recall of Maeve's mother suddenly came to her, however distant.... unfortunately not at all fully put to photographic memory. But she would not touch upon that now, for at the time...at the time, it had not been important to her. Still she now could recall that conflict as her subconscious had urged her to stop and read, but she fought it and went on.

Ayda glanced over to Maeve who had taken flight to the kitchen. She smiled, as Maeve had pretty much shared a few quick meals with her ..mostly on the fly with much of the arduous campaigns they were in . But the last one had pretty much been a kind of vacation, if one were to describe it. Even with a sith presence on the system they were occupying there had been little conflict. And that which had been reported had in fact been handled by other closer field hospitals. Nothing form any of the minute conflicts had shown up to their field hospital. For the most part, she had gotten some color..a bit of a tan, as there had been much lounging around after their daily obligations.
And her and Maeve had pretty nuch had to take on what normally had been asigned to orderlies...cleaning of the equipment, the emergency rooms and hospital equipment and the field hospital in general. Although they had no wounded, the equip and everything else still had to be daily inspected and kept sterile. So her, Maeve and other volunteer doctors took on those tasks also.
But that also left them with much spare time and certainly a lot of time to socialize...just be girls.

Ayda had gotten to know Maeve and that was why she was here now with her friend's family.

"I was first brought over to Rhinnal..the system run orphanage there at a very young age...two, they have me down on records.
I don't know where I was born, nor of my parents..." She replied, more as a matter of fact than something which she didn't wish to talk about. For Ayda certainly wanted to at least know who one of her parents were. Even knowing of a system she was born on would be a lead. But none were on record, as they had been of the type with 'no questions asked'.

"I was schooled there till I was old enough for them to transfer me to their affiliated hospital on Lianna...the Allied Tion Medical Center, which I'm sure you know of their medical university.
It was my grades and aptitude testing which made me a good candidate to enter the medical field.
I... I graduated 5 years ahead of my peers. Seems I studied a lot. Didn't have time to make any friends..." And in a way, it was actually the opposite. She was too peculiar...different than the others her age and of those a bit older. It were more that they just shunned her for being ...different.

Ayda could not understand how many would purposely distance themselves from her and seek others of their like, for she seemed to like everyone. But her own center didn't mind if many paid no mind to her. in many ways it left her time to observe them as they shaped their life and experiences. Some for bad, as well as good.

"An orphanage, were they good to you?" She had heard many things about orphanages some were good some were a nightmare. Nothing of her parents or where she was born. "A test should be able to provide marker to indicate of what origins your parents are. You can spit in a tube and in six weeks have a high level result. It might not be much but it might provide a call. Galaxy Ancestry can provide or I can do it for you."

It wasn't anything really but it would take time to do.

"Well you have time to make friends now, and you must have made an impression on Maeve or she would not have brought here." Especially now she thought when everything seems to be in such chaos.

Maeve had disappeared through the doors Rianna shook her head. Within moments they too passed through the doors to find Maeve stalking the table looking for her prey. "Help youself Ayda." Rianna moved over to pour some tea for herself waiting for the 'girls' to settle in.

Maeve looked up, "thank you." Rianna nodded it was a simple thing to do really. Maeve decided now would be a good time to bring something up, "Mom Arla has gone to see [member="Ginnie Dib"] and [member="Kaine australis"] about the Clan rejoining the Vode."

Rianna nodded she had heard rumor but that did confirm it. "Well " She didn't know if she wanted to go to the place ..no and she certainly didn't want to think about it now.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

"Oh yes, the caretakers were good to me there on Rhinnal." She replied nodding her head.
And why wouldn't they have been? She had been an angel for the most part, always adhering to schedules and rules. Well, except the one time where she had taken on a pet...a Zernek, which by all accounts was considered a pest. But her and that little red devil vermin enjoyed much quiet time and early curfews. naturally it were discovered and she found herself getting disciplined. One was to strip down her bunk bed and the 3 others in her tiny room and sanitize everything there. She didn't mind, but nevertheless, it was her only infraction as a small child...

"It were cross-matched...my genome. The dominant coding by which came from my birth mother suggests the deep core. My father's was quite recessive but it did reveal he was Correlian. Several tests using blood and tissue samples through the years keep coming up with the same results. Seems I only retained 7% of my father's genes. The majority 93% is from my mother..." She slightly faded out, as it had been something she herself could not explain. Seemed her mother's DNA coding overshadowed her father's. If anything, it meant her mother may even have looked like her in almost every detail. But the 7% infusion could have made some mark on her. Then again, when she analysed the DNA chain extensively, it directed the code more to her features. Her mother's genes certainly dominated her matrix, yet seemed to use her father's minimum coding to vary her Ayda's appearance. This was contradictory to any genetic sequencing as far as genomics went.

One could construe that her mother or bloodline seemed to want to carry on the dominant genes and only use the minimum after fertilization to mask/change the appearance of the offspring enough to not be an identical twin to the mother.

Ayda quickly recovered from that quiet moment, when they entered the kitchen to find maeve busy at sampling what she had missed most about her home..her mother's cooking.
This brought about a smile on Ayda, as she could see the satisfaction in her friend's features at eating what she missed most.

Ayda went ahead and poured herself a hot cup of water, steeping her tea which Rhianna had welcomed her to make. It were by sheer chance that she picked up on the Australis name, and not that she knew what maeve and her mother were talking about. But that surname was one she had quite clearly come across when 'Doctor's Without Borders' organization had invited her to give some input as to what she would like for a mobile hospital ship to have. Although the vessel, the ATM-SERENITY was contracted to be built by Mandal Arms, one of the names on the holo blue prints was @ Kaine Austalis.
She perked up her ears and looked up to Rianna.

"I didn't mean to eves drop..." She was after all standing a meter from either one.
"But I ran across that name Austarlis, as one of the executives to a Madal Arms. That wouldn't be the same person, would it?"

[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]
[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

Rianna looked to Ayda so she knew the name another interesting note. "Kaine I believe is Yasha's WarMaster her right hand. An advisor."

Warmaster she knew their role quite well. Even though Rianna no longer walked among the Vode she kept up with as much as she could from a distance. She wondered about the hospitals she helped to build, the facilities that she and Briika had worked so hard on.

Plus a branch of her company MandalMedical had offices within the main hospital on Mandalore. Maybe. They had begun to rebuild just about the time Ra had risen to power...and..well.. she wouldn't concentrate on that she just couldn't right now.

Rianna closed her eyes envisioning happier times.

She brought her focus back to Ayda's DNA. "It would seem them that perhaps a deeper look into where you were born is warranted. How many births were recorded in the year? And other items to help narrow the field" Not that she knew anything about genealogy just enough to be dangerous.

She paused giving time for Ayda to respond if she wanted.

Maeve nodded, "Well if they keep Arla we will know the answers, if they don't maybe I can venture to go there. I want to." She wanted to walk the place that her father had last stepped upon. She needed something more than what she had...she had watched the body burn. The armor, everything but...she still felt this gaping hole that knew no comfort.

"See Mandalore." She left it at that.

She nodded, for Rianna was right. The place of birth would narrow it down from the thousands of viable star systems. Only that the only known factor had been Correlian as per her father's trace DNA coding. But she weren't born there, as her dominating mother's genes indicated the Deep Core and there was little even in this day and age that was really known of the deep Core...the center of the galaxy.

Ayda had indeed been through Corellia's statistical records and even had filed what little traces of DNA that tied her to the system to the General Hall of Records on Corellia through her contact data base on Lianna. Nothing. If anything, she were told that she was only less than 1/10th Correlian at best and that was a high probability, she were told. The other complete 9/10th were one specific unbroken code. She had one pure specific mother and a Corellian father...and no records of any births with her DNA starin had been recorded on Correlia.

Ayda didn't go into those details, as she knew Maeve's mother was not only trying to help her, but also give her hope. She simply listened and agreed with Rianna.

It were obvious that Ayda knew little or nothing at all of Mandalore. She had only come across the Mandos through the initial plans of drawing up the ATM-SERENITY. Ayda had not meet any Mandos , nor had the chance to ever tend to them in the campaigns she had been in. Seemed Rianna was right again of the Mandos having their own hospitals, both in field and on systems...and for the most part it seemed they took care of their own.

"There are still so many systems I have yet to learn about...so many cultures..." She replied. Yes, she were only 17 and still had only experienced a minute fraction of what existed and made up this vast galaxy.
"If you don't mind...I would like to keep my ears open here in your house pertaining the culture of Mandolore. It is the means of me learning of your cultural ties to that system. " She were honest and knew it were the right thing to ask permission. She was after all a guest and not an eavesdropper.

"You want to learn about mandalorians, well ask what questions you have I'll answer or refer you" There were a few different views on Mandalorian culture and beliefs. Rianna had lived as a mandalorian during her marriage, but not now. Her children made the choice whether to or not but there were problems to be thought on before proceeding.

"There are a great many across the galaxy and every day I think they find another. We will never see them but it is possible to see many" She had done her traveling she had her adventures she was now just quiet and left the adventures up to Maeve.

Maeve looked over, "Why do you want to learn mandalorian culture? Everyone thinks we are mercenaries, and bounty hunters. Not exactly the kind of people someone wants to invite into the house for a sit down." Maeve popped another sandwich in all while her eyes rested on Ayda.

"Hmm..." She thought about it a moment as she steeped her tea.

"Well, I think it is interesting as it is something in a nature as my relation to The Allied Tion Medical center in a way. The hospital is not my family in a blood sense, but it is kind of like the Mando Clans are to its people." She replied to Maeve.

They had touched upon it before back on Cadomai. They had plenty of good time to get to know each other outside of their duties. Ayda who didn't have a family of her own, had compared her ties to the hospital on Lianna as a sort of Clan ..an extended family of sort, much like the Mando's. It were why she had never broken away from The Allied Tion medical Center. Even after the sith empire had claimed it...when they claimed Lianna. Despite that, Ayda was still loyally tied to it. She had given her word, an oath. Like a mando's oath, she could not even come to even consider or think about breaking her oath.
And as a result, the hospital after loosing much of its outpatient and general admission because of the sith occupation, took to build a mobile extension of the hospital in the form of the ATM-SERENITY. And that was how The Allied Tion medical Center became one of the 'Doctors Without Borders' biggest supporter and asset.

"It's the reason I feel so much part of it, as it has been my culture...the healing aspect of it. It is the only place I can call home." She explained. And for the most part it was in similarities as a Mando Clan. The hospital had certain protocols..code of conduct and expectations of its members and staff. It had been what Ayda had grown up to know. The orphanage on Rhinnal and then the medical schools and universities on Lianna were all part of the same culture.
So it were without say that her interest were peaked on the Mando culture. It were something which Ayda could learn to understand much easier than most others outside such cultures.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

There was some silence as the comparison of the hospital was made to mandalorian clans. Maeve was first to speak up, "Well I can see that I guess, just if you do something to dishonor your clan your Alor has the right to chop your hand off. Not sure a hospital would do that." Maeve looked up to her mother, "what it's true Ra chopped Gray's hand off.."

It was true everyone had seen it but it was extreme.

"Mandalorian clans are family. They can adopt others in just as the hospital adopted you. They have their own language much like a medical profession. I am sure we can make parallels of the two." Rianna smiled sometimes people romanticized the idea of what clan life was, sometimes they did not know. That was the case with young [member="Ayda Elisantra"] she didn't know and wanted to learn. An admirable trait.

"Then we shall we teach you the very basics of what the culture and beliefs of mandalorians are and language." Rianna looked at Maeve wondering why she was on edge. Perhaps it was the thought of Arla going to meet with Ginnie. Rianna's adopted daughter that felt like years ago, and it was actually.

"So...where will the two of you go from here?"

Ayda was taken back a bit of the type of extreme measures of disciplinary actions within the Mandolore culture.
Still, to become disbarred from the medical field and loose your ability to practice was a dishonor even Ayda couldn't think of bearing.
Both the extreme measures of the Mando's and of disbarring carried dishonor. Maybe perhaps some could bear it, but then some could not.

She nevertheless didn't believe it were a proper time for such debatable comparisons as she herself had little to go by as far as knowing of the full spectrum of the Mando culture. Yes, she would have to know more if she were to make some true substantial comparisons.
Ayda nodded in agreement. What Maeve suggested and would take her time to relay to her was much appreciated. It were after all how Ayda learned of the life of mortals...what shaped them and how it effected their souls. Ayda herself was bound to her mortal temple and learned as well. She weren't born with instructions...just the spirit to grow.

"Uhm... I'm not sure really. In the aspect of being a volunteer, we are presented with campaigns that are in need of medical doctors. We can choose which campaign we wish to participate in. " She looked over to Maeve, since their last two campaigns they had spent it together. But that was because they both chose to pair up somewhat. It wasn't uncommon for many volunteers to do so. It were in many ways encouraged to offset being homesick and relieving the stress of not knowing anyone.
But as doctors of their age grew and experienced campaigns, they would go and branch out on their separate ways...but always still remain close and in touch. perhaps it were the same with Ayda and Maeve.

"I wouldn't mind sharing a few campaigns with Maeve..." Ayda then said, honestly. And she hoped maybe Maeve would like that also. There was still much she wanted to learn of Maeve.

Maeve wanted [member="Ayda Elisantra"] to understand that to be Mandalorian could be harsh. There was a hierarchy to follow and they were accountable for their actions. Yes Hospitals had the same thing but they didn't take your life for it.

She looked at her mother always trying to say the diplomatic thing no matter how much she wanted to be like her she had a lot of her father in her that wouldn't accept the quiet demeanor of a diplomat. No she wanted to kick arse and take names. Like her father.

"There's always a war Buir, always a place that needs something. Nothing has changed since you were on the front lines." Both her parents had served in countless campaigns they knew the dangers, and consequences of it.

Maeve laughed, "OH I'm sure we will share some. the Sith are on the move, and so is the First Order...I was thinking of petitioning the FO for permission to visit some of their worlds just to give them some press. Good or Bad." Whatever they did it would be a help to someone.

Maeve munched another sandwich, you'd think the girl hadn't eaten in a week. "Buir. is the green house open?"

Rianna nodded, "Always, were you thinking of going there?"

"Yes um gather some herbs and to show Ayda "

Rianna nodded, "be careful of the special section. They are growing and I've not figured out what else to feed them"

She nodded, putting her empty tea cup down before she followed Maeve out. yes, she wouldn't mind seeing some plants...sure.

"Thank you for the tea, Rianna..." Ayda said turning to her with a grateful smile.
Yes, it were with some oddity that she called Maeve's mother by name. Ayda would have felt more at ease with using proper title as she was certainly mindful of being respectful. But Rianna had indeed urged her to call her by her first name.

As Maeve led her outside, Ayda couldn't help but wonder of the plant species for them to be wary of. There were certainly many varieties of carnivorous plants and perhaps Rianna were referring to one such species. Ayda was certainly fascinated in such plants..especially those which were natural hybrids, both plant and animal cross-breeds.

"Wow... nice garden..." Ayda commented as Maeve lead her out the family homestead's back yards. The outdoor garden's and what she could make of some edible fruits were all beautifully maintained and all seemed to meld together like an orchestra of blooms, flowering trees and bushes. many were bearing fruits, nuts..berries even.

No doubt there were herb patches among the flora landscaping. Only it didn't resemble anything like a farmer's garden. It was simply beautifully landscaped. And the stone path which lead them through, finally brought them to the dura-glass green house.
Wow..it was almost as large at the main homestead. Only that it were made for more exotic plants to reside in.

Ayda followed Maeve into the green house...

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"My mother likes to garden she always has. Something about getting her hands dirty and watching something grow." Maeve laughed trying to relax now that she was home looking over to Ayda.

"She has a greenhouse for all her special projects. One room we aren't allowed in...I have to show you, just don't go inside." Maeve felt better now for some reason the burden of coming home was finally sloughing off her shoulders. She took a deep breath of the sea air, "We will need to go into the Glarus Valley to see the green house though"

Maeve wanted a speeder, "the main Green house is located on Aldera but this little satellite she has here well, its not a well known location." Fact was she knew her mother used the flower business as a way to communicate with the Resistance but not everyone needed to know that.

"Oh, look over there we can take the swoops out, can you steer a swoop?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom