Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masks of Madness Event Finale | Act IV: Madness

@[member="Jhaega"]
For a minor eternity of fething absolute terror, she was cramped, crammed, pinioned in the dragon's jaws. Her stomach lurched as it took off, and she found herself in flight. Well, free fall, and with no style whatsoever.

She was not some mighty telekinetic, some tank. Her skillset was something else entirely. Oh, she could land a throw, or jump a long way, but this was far, far outside her experience. She landed hard, the dragon's voice ringing in her ears, and botched the landing hard. A painful, tumbling impact. She skidded to a halt some distance from the Hatchery, not far from where the dragon's scales littered the ground. She clambered to her feet and called some heated scales to her hands, stuffing them inside her clothes as simple armor and shunting away the heat. Anything to help.

She watched the dragon, and the others, waiting for an opportunity.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Jhaega"]

The hidden droid was able to position himself in a good spot for sniping duty when the dragon rose in the air, his scales flying and more flames bursting. The window of opportunity for the droid was small before he had to move away once more from the drake's onslaught, his cloak fluttered aside as he revealed himself, barrel of his shatterpistol raising and ready, poised to strike.

Time stopped in the droid's perspective as his sensors and targeting protocols went to work, once more, the little Thrash spoke into the bowman droid. The whole thing that happened between Jhaega and HK in Act 3 happening once more. Perhaps it was foreshadowing?

Dragon had scales beneath those he lost, but it was still a weakening to his defenses, and as he rose into the air above others HK had much more of a clear shot than before, and now, he had opportunity for a surprise attack once more.

Having better view of the dragon the droid target a specific sector, none of his heads or throats but it was on his main body, the sector of his under-belly which would lead to his Fire-Lung. Jhaega may have had five heads, but probably only one organ to spew fire, and without that, it would be sooooo much easier.
So, the droid silently let his black arrow fly at Smaug once more, so to speak, aiming for the Fire-Lung sector.

He hoped that the Force was no less merciful to him than it was last time when facing such a fearsome beast, at least before he would be melted or had to make his escape

The Jedi Knight was blown backwards from the dragon's scales and flames. He hadn't expected the attack, he didn't even know what to expect, and when he was soaring through the air, he crashed into a pile of corpses. He had let the majority of the momentum of the flames and scales send him back, while he used the force shield that he had already placed upon himself earlier to absorb most of the damaging effects from the heat. And he was up in a moment, already running to the doors that had been torn apart by the beast.

@[member="Rave Merrill"] had been eaten. He hadn't been sure at first, since he had gone flying, flames everywhere, and her being beside him he would have thought she would have been at his side when the scales fell.

When he got to the doors, he saw the beast drop Rave Merrill, and he waited long enough so that he could see her land upon her own accord. He jogged to her side and when he looked to the scales, he called them to his hand and put them in his inner robes, as much as he could carry anyway. "Make my robes heat resistant." He said to @[member="Rave Merrill"]

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="CC-935 Bluejay"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"]

Oh beans. Beans. BEANS!

It was a total chaotic nightmare. Everything moved way too quickly for her to notice it all at once. Calico was on the floor, weeping, attempting to bring life upon the fallen soldier in his arms.

Another had just come out of the blue, sending a concussion blast at the woman who'd originally thrown the shiv at her head. The sparks of lightning had worked to an extent with her target, at least, he was dazed for the moment.

But he still kept on coming -- and likely still would.

tumblr_mx1ntrUYQz1qg9ioco5_400.gif
Her hands went snapping out again at Oryuken, sending streams of electric aqua coloured current to the CIS soldier, zapping him again in an attempt to keep him down. It was a draining experience, but one that the Jedi knew she had to do. The faster they could neutralize these Kursed, the better for everyone.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

The experienced alchemist -- well used to pulling metal from a forge -- looked pointedly at the smoke rising from Antares' robes. "Too late," she said. "Those suckers are hotter than you can handle. Also, no. No 'hey, how're you feeling after that fall, I'm a Jedi, can I heal you?' No 'That was brave; we should combine our efforts.' No 'Here, let me help, what do you need me to do?' So no heat-resistant robes for you unless you fething earn them." She jabbed her finger at the flying dragon. "Put your Jedi crap to good use, and take down that dragon."

The explosion of scales flying about broke Calico's trance. His sobbing stopped, replaced with a few desperate attempts to catch a breath. He reached up to wipe his red rimmed eyes, and set Galaar's lifeless form up against the rubble he had just previously used for cover.

"I'm sorry brother." He whispered under his breath; paying no heed to the chaos around him. One of Jhaega's scales embedded itself in the wall just a foot above his head, yet, Calico didn't notice. "I won't be long, ner'vod."

The soldier set a hand to his brothers cheek, took a deep breath, and took up the Master Sergeant's DC-17. It was exactly the same as Calico's own, but it just felt more suitable. "I'll finish it. I'll get them home."

Move.

Calico moved into a half crouch, making note of Bluejay's wounds. She wouldn't be an issue. It seemed Kira had hold of Oryuken now. He shot a single look back at Kira, one of raw, open pain, and stood up tall. The Jedi were working on Jhaega--Calico didn't give a damn about them. They weren't his people. It wasn't his duty. His boys had to get out, or Galaar--no, he couldn't say his name right now, lest he break down-- the soldier's sacrifice would have been in vain.

The Commander took aim at Oryuken, and let a stream of azure retribution pump out at the man, firing one handed as he moved to grab Bluejay by the waist while she was open. He wore no helmet, so he simply yelled, angry, hoarse, grieving, it demanded attention.

"Kark this! Put down the Kursed, and take down the Dragon with ranged ordnance. If anyone else decides to abandon the others and jump on some kind of monster, I will personally slot you the moment I have a chance!"

@[member="CC-935 Bluejay"] @[member="CC-117 Canal"] @[member="Oryuken CC-128P"] @[member="Galaar CC-252"] @[member="Kira Liadain"]

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

"You know know boys especially boy Jedi weren't the brightest in the galaxy. Now Mandos, those are real men. Sorry I'm late Rave"

The Sith knight made her way towards the woman she would consider close enough to be a friend. Seeing her gather the scales and seeing that utterly "graceful" swan dive, Sam reached into her belt pouch and pulled out some bacta. Tossing it towards Rave she chuckled softly.

"It's a good thing you're stubborn, I'd be looking for a new friend if you would have fell any harder. "

@[member="Samanthe Quiwl"]

"Sam, I could kiss you, but this planet would explode from the sheer fanservice." At what might have been a quizzical look from her friend, she waved it off while slathering bacta onto her wounds. "Alchemical terminology. Don't worry about it."

She tossed the empty container aside and bled away the last of the scales' heat. "This smoke's too heavy. No idea where the dragon's got to, but it'll be back any second. Stay alert."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Antares watched as the Alchemist went off on him. He accepted the torrent of words until he looked about with a confused look on his face, as if he were looking for the person she was talking to. "Oh? Me? You may not have noticed, but I can't fly." He said drily. "I do not heal people, I am not a Healer, I am a warrior. And to take down that dragon, I'm going to be needing the attire to do it." He bit out, and his hand tapped his lightsaber's hilt gently.

Antares turned his head to watch, @[member="Samanthe Quiwl "]approach. He didn't say anything about their exchange and he instead looked at the first woman again. "Besides, you are walking, and you are alive. You are alright."

At the Dragonfighting Scene - KURSED

Bluejay noticed - dully - that someone was picking her up. She struggled against the grip, only to cry out in pain as the movement made the pain ratchet up to higher levels. Maybe it would be best to just let somebody else take care of this for a while, she thought groggily. She could practically hear Ivy - was she dying, going crazy, or both? - encouraging her to be selfish for once. That sounded like a brilliant idea, but she fought back unconsciousness out of stubbornness. But...the others. Bluejay didn't really know what others she was referring to, but she felt that she had to stick around. And she was scared - scared she might never get to see the stars again, if she blacked out. She'd almost died before, when she was young(er). She didn't want to experience that again.

But maybe some small, selfish part of her did. She'd seem Tiger squad then. Maybe she'd see the other dead now. That small, selfish part of her was just enough to pop her mental resistance like a bubble. Bluejay was out for the count - still breathing, still alive, but well and truly blacked out.

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Vulpesen managed to place himself firmly on top of one of the scales as Ace let out a warning bark. Animals had a sort of sixth sense and Ace's had led the jedi to trust his companion's intuition. As the scales blasted, away, Vulpesen found himself sailing through the air, surfing on a floating scale. "SONOFA-" He stopped his curse midway. He was a jedi afterall. Calling upon the force to aid him, the shadow used its power to aid his jump to a ledge on the prison building while his feet aimed the scale towards @[member="Jhaega"]'s eye, launching it towards him with the leap. "Dragons! Why do the bad guys always get dragons?" His assault was over, but he wasn't out of the battle yet. Finding a perch, Vulpesen watched the others as they came up with new strategies.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] @[member="Rave Merrill"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

@[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Samanthe Quiwl"]

"Guess it's true what they say about the Jedi after the war crimes at Metalorn and Manaan. Jedi really are dicks." Rave turned and walked away.

"Sam, we're going to need a bigger boat..."

Antares followed the Alchemist. He just took the insult in stride, he hadn't been at Metalorn or Manaan, though he did hear of what had happened there. Not my fault. He thought to himself as if to release himself from whatever guilt he should be feeling. "I apologize, but I should think ending this dragon is more important at this moment in time." He said, letting his strides bring him alongside @[member="Rave Merrill"]. "If you can make my robes resistant to the dragons fire, then we can do this a whole lot easier." He said in a partially resigned sounding voice. He wasn't going to get anywhere by being a 'dick', but responding instinctively was well...instinct.

Urmax Pholoka

U
"There is another here."

The voice echoed through the Phlog's mind, and as he opened his eyes, a Force Ghost sat not far from him. Outside the bars of the cage, the figure was no discernable species, but Urmax only knew it was his Master, and that only he could see him.

"Who Master?"

"A Jedi...No. A follower of the White Current."

The figure turned to look at @[member="Nohemi Allaneh"] as the other Jedi approached and set him free. His Master, smiling disappeared, as the Phlog crawled out of his cage, just as the dragon took flight. Stopping at the woman's cage, he smiled gently.

"Hello. May I help you?"

And as if to answer, he reached and easily pulled the bars apart for her.

@[member="HK-36"]

The mercenary laid on his armored abdomen as he trained the iron sights of his disruptor rifle on the dragon from his own vantage point. A slight movement registered in his peripheral and he turned his attention to the familiar droid suddenly coming into view right beside him. Tracing the trajectory of the soon-to-be-released bullet based on the positioning of both the dragon and the droid's barrel, Xanthanatos lowered his weapon. They were aiming for the exact same spot and the probability of his disrupt beam colliding with his bullet was just too high. He allowed the other[\I] war machine to take the shot. It wasn't as if he was getting paid for it after all.
He waited until the shot was taken to speak, lest he cause his comrade to make a most grievous mistake
"I'm going to distract that monstrosity. You keep an eye out for any openings I give you. Sound like a plan?"

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
@[member="Dalansa"]

She looked up at the woman before her. Interesting....

"It would be appreciated. The bonds are Beskar though, you will need some other means to release me. I suggest cutting out the plates from the floor."
She was secured by a heavy chain running from a collar around her neck to a riveted plate on the floor. The cuffs around her wrists and ankles would not be so simple, but one step at a time.
"We must gather your friends and make our way through this place. This is our one and only chance to strike whilst you are all conscious and awake."

@[member="Melantha"]

Presumably there had been quite some range between the dragon and Siobhan, since that was the point of her telekinetic onslaught. However, she was stil caught in the blast of the firestorm it unleashed. In this case it had all to do with the power of the draken and nothing with Siobhan's writer's personal sadism against her.

She had summoned a force shield, its barrier wrapping her in its protective embrace, but it had weakened as most of her energies went into fuelling her telekinetic attack, which apparently had not been very useful, which pleases this writer due to their belief that she was overrated anyway and does not believe in impenetrable force shields. As an outburst of flames erupted and heated scales began raining down she was caught in the blast and thrust back, though she sought to reinforce the force barrier and strengthen it, pouring more energy into it even as the fire scorched her armour badly, burns marking her face. But she had been through worst and with a telekinetic push she tossed scales shooting towards her out of the way, gripping a large steel plate from the wall and levitating it in front of her like a shield to absorb the blast of flame, holding it up with her power until it had melted away, but by then it had served its purpose, her telekinesis anchoring her to the ground against the blast. Likewise the bodies of several dead guards rose to absorb the blast, it was not like they were in a position to complain.

Smoke rose from her armour and her damaged bionic hand as the shield dissipated. Gazing across the carnage that lay before her at a mental command she called some of the heated scales towards her, ignoring the burn as she stuffed them away. She took a breath, the rage and hatred festering in her unabated, but lacking a clear outlet now, something or someone to crush, destroy, fry with blasts of force lightning.

Nonetheless she could not repress a thin smile as @[member="Rave Merrill"] gave @[member="Antares Windu"] a verbal spanking. "Girl, I like you way more than I should." Even Siobhan, who had been big on war crimes at Roche and Gehenna, was no longer immune to the serious affliction called alignment dysfunction. It was a serious case and as such treatment was rather difficult. Oh, and, yes she would totally want to see the fanservice!

Her Force senses tingled as she felt a familiar presence close by. Well, familiar from that dream/vision/Force Matrix post-apocalyptic Galaxy adventure. She heard the woman - who was extra special because she was a blue space elf, thus making her the Blue Elf Creature because this writer is not done with providing 'witty' commentary! - speak to another woman (@Dalansa), picking up the last words about beskar and this being their one chance. Right, free the elf, go on a last stand/suicide run to kill force gods and eldritch abominations, with low chances of survival on the way.

"Mel, I presume. Let's get her out," she said to the other woman. In a flash her blue lightsabre, which apparently she still had, though it confuses this writer, but then she wore armour as well, was in her grasp and ignited. She quickly moved to the riveted plates and after some observation bent down to quickly cut around them as the searing hot energy blade burnt through, digging them out of the stone floor.

Nyx had enjoyed watching the creatures escape their cell, one less thing that they didn't have... Yet still they remained together. What was this? Everybody had somebody, everybody but she. With a glare she turned and left the prison complex before any of them took note, however her gaze flicked over her shoulder every so often. They were so beautiful, with their fine hair... Without meaning to she lifted a hand up to her cheek, feeling the 'imperfections' in her skin. Hmph.

Once outside she took note of a familiar presence nearby. With a grin she turned her gaze skyward, and spotted Jhaega. The fools, she knew, would begin to attack at any moment. The only real question was when? Again the fools were working together, it seemed nobody wanted to be in possession of that black arrow after all. Still Nyx was playing it cautiously, refusing to step from the shadows. She preferred to admire them from afar, for now at least. Force help them all, or not. She didn't care either way, although the lure of a fresh wound might sway her. Nyx just couldn't help herself where medicine was concerned, no matter how much she loathed those who were doted over in the medical ward.

Her gaze happened to slip across to the form of @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and the woman could not help but smile. Oh, this one would do. She began to feel green again, the sensation bubbling through her body. This one had the looks and ability. She couldn't help it, Nyx began to remove herself from the shadows. Mayhaps she could appear as this woman did, or, no... Another. With a grin upon her lips she consorted with the Force, casting it through the fibres of her being. With each step into the chaotic scene the unseen woman felt her body shift and change before finally she stepped from the shadows completely. Only now would she be seen, but not as herself. Oh no, her wonderfully purple skin was gone, and instead she stood in the perfect imitation of @[member='Tegaea Alcori']. Now it was time for fun.

"Sio..?" the jealous fiend said directly to the woman, stumbling closer. She knew about their struggles in Act III, how well orchestrated it had all been. Somehow Nyx managed a look of relief, placing herself in the shoes of a woman who now knew her wifey was safe after all that had happened.

@[member="Nyx"]

Siobhan had been busy carving around the heavy plates with her lightsabre. This one is not entirely sure how far she had gotten there and will leave that for @[member="Melantha"] to decide, though presumably she had found an outlet for her anger as she cut an opening through, the hot energy blade doing its part.

However, whatever thoughts she might have had were cut short when she felt a familiar presence, her Force senses tingling. Not just any presence...the presence. Of the only person in the Galaxy that really meant more to her than herself, the one person she loved more than anyone.

"Tegs...," the lightsabre fell out of her grasp and cluttered to the ground, switching itself off automatically as it was not being used. Suddenly nothing and no one else mattered to her, all other thoughts vanished from her mind. She remembered the confrontation in...what was it again...Act III all too well. Seeing Tegaea like that, a mechanical puppet whose strings Akala was pulling, helpless to resist had been horrible, like the stab of an icy knife to the heart, more so having to use her powers against her, something she did feel guilt over, though apparently it had been a dream.

Or had it? She was not sure, her confused mind had yet to wrap itself around the idea, but none of that was relevant now. Tegaea was here and needed her. So without paying anyone else any mind she rushed to the form of what she believed to her wife, ready to brutally crush and tear to shreds anyone who came close and wished her harm. It would be no exaggeration to say that she was quite willing to sacrifice everyone else for her. She caught Tegaea as she stumbled, pulling her into an embrace like she was clinging to her for dear life. "Tegs....are you alright, are you hurt? I'm here. Don't worry, I'll get you out of here."

Bingo, just as anticipated.

Nyx had managed to single out the one individual in this area of use to her, the one who would do just about anything for the one she loved. Perfect. A genuine smile painted her lips as she too wrapped her arms around @[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and breathed in slowly. "Sio" she said again, nuzzling into the neck of the woman. How good it felt to have contact with another, real contact! Oh watch the rest of them writhe in jealousy now! This was too good to be true, or was it?

Leaning back the visage of @[member='Tegaea Alcori'] stared back at Siobhan, care writ upon her expression. "I-I'm fine, just weary." Lifting a hand the devilish fiend settled it upon the cheek of the woman, staring at her intently. "Listen, what happened... Back there." Breathing out slowly she radiated a sense of relief, but also guilt. "I'm so sorry Sio..." And with that she rose, glad to have one less person fussing over @[member="Melantha"] the Space-Elf. She should have died in Act III the fiend thought, but she did not let it show.

Instead the manipulative creature began to stumble away. "We need to get out of here" she said, with a small shiver. It was cold out here, but she knew where things could... Warm a little. Nyx only hoped that Lilith did not mind visitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom