Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Update Map Update Delayed Again, Map Game Indefinitely Suspended

"I go ghost for no damn reason."

Welp, while we had expected to release the Map Update today, we're going to have to delay it again due to technical difficulties of implementation. I have some preliminary announcements to help the community prepare for this Map Update.

1. This is not a 1 for 1 swap. We're not just increasing graphics or resolution. This is not a map remaster 2023. The art style, everything is going to be a bit of whip lash. You might like it, you might hate it.
2. This will be a complete upheaval of the Map Game. 10 years of Dominions, Invasions, etc are about to be changed.
3. We're doing away with Hexes.
4. The rules haven't even started yet. The Admin team and I will get the map in place first, and begin working on the rules after. We know the general gist of how we want them to look, but will be looking for community feedback and involvement to help formulate this new era of the map game for Chaos.

5. The Story theme for the Map Update, similar to the timeline update, is "Galactic Convergence."

The Rishi Maze, the Companion Grek, and the Firefist satellite galaxies have all converged on a point where they are at their closest point to the Star Wars Galaxy in known history.

Doomsayers, Apocalyptos, End Of The World Enthusiasts...

The Chaos Galaxy is Ending.

f2c1c5d7197906519456736cbeec41f9.png

See you next Sunday.​

Huxy

[ Message Received ]
I'm curious, if we are doing away with the hex-based system, how will custom planets be handled in the future? Will it just be "screenshot the area of the map you want it in with a red dot for the exact location" or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom