Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Suggestion

For the maps section, maybe add in a feature(if possible of course) that allows the players to search for a specific planet. This would then zoom towards the planet and the surrounding area. Approximately the same size you see when you click on the map now. I find this could significantly help with finding specific planets and would reduce search time and increase typing time. It would basically just be a search bar, for planets, that then goes to said planet.

Kor Vexen said:
This would probably require someone to write an extensive amount of code for this. Unless you know someone with the knowledge to do so that's willing to do that for free.
I shall en deavour to see if I can find that someone. Or if there is something somewhere with said code already in place.

sabrina

I don't think that is possible, not without a lot of work.
Though possible a map forum, with a list of things on every planet.
I know in the TSE, we have a list of all planets we own, and a list off stuff on them that we have.
As well as notable residences.

sabrina

Scherezade deWinter said:
[member="Adenn Kyramud"] This is why we have the index :) You can go ahead and cntrl+F on this lovely thing which was a community effort to put together - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/101026-chaos-galaxy-map-index/

As for making something more interactive, I've toyed with the idea of turning it into a university project, but... Not really sure the amount of time required is worth it.
Possibly make a faction to collect the information
and rp it touring the galaxy.
Star Tours awaits
part joke, part serious

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] I believe Tefka (the site owner) is working on revamping the map system, but not sure if it will include the features you want. It'd require an enormous amount of coding just to set it up, then every single planet would have to be added in manually, one at a time. Basically, it would be a titanic project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom