Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Faction Requests Are Temporarily Disallowed

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Wow. While I sympathize with and understand the need for this, you just pissed in quite a few's coffees. As it is, some are already aggravated at the current conflicts and the state of the, shall we say more well to do factions only growing more, while everyone else is simply cast to the wayside. And stunted people a stunted kingdom make.

@[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

The event which starts in 14 days is going to be the most massive this site has ever had. And while participation is voluntary, most people will be there. Now is not the time to try and get your Faction of Light Side Healer Mandalorian Death Guards together.
The event will take a month so after that, we will likely allow new factions, and everyone will be enthused and pumped by the event (we hope) so everything can go forward after that.

Having said that, practically anything anyone has ever done has annoyed someone, somewhere. Even the curing of smallpox was met with howls of disapproval by the microbe lobby who believed it was discrimination….

Tamara said:
@[member="Særa Ayña Savan"]

The event which starts in 14 days is going to be the most massive this site has ever had. And while participation is voluntary, most people will be there. Now is not the time to try and get your Faction of Light Side Healer Mandalorian Death Guards together.
The event will take a month so after that, we will likely allow new factions, and everyone will be enthused and pumped by the event (we hope) so everything can go forward after that.

Having said that, practically anything anyone has ever done has annoyed someone, somewhere. Even the curing of smallpox was met with howls of disapproval by the microbe lobby who believed it was discrimination….
This decision wasn't made thinking I'd get lollipops and rainbows in return from the community. Complaints'll be made, but it's for the best. I suggest minor factions who have their eye on going major take this time to improve their chances of being accepted by building their lore, improving their factions, and working on getting more characters to join them.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Tefoo said:
This decision wasn't made thinking I'd get lollipops and rainbows in return from the community. Complaints'll be made, but it's for the best. I suggest minor factions who have their eye on going major take this time to improve their chances of being accepted by building their lore, improving their factions, and working on getting more characters to join them.
The problem isn't holding off and using the extra time for a little harmless self-improving.

The problem is while they're stuck small, the Big Ones are growing bigger...

And nothing is stopping them...

Særa Ayña Savan said:
The problem isn't holding off and using the extra time for a little harmless self-improving.

As the guy who updates the map every Sunday, I'd like to be the first Staff member to acknowledge this post and respond:

"We're aware."

Særa Ayña Savan said:

You are more than welcome to get your shotgun and go tell someone to get off your lawn. Other factions do things that I don't like. But unless it effects me directly or interferes with my roleplaying, it's none of my business. I had plans for Felucia. The Republic now owns the planet because of map convenience. I'll deal with it. I can either move my plans somewhere else, shelve my plans, or take Felucia from the Republic. Doesn't mean I want to restrict Republic writers in any way. It just means that I wanted to set up a few threads on the planet and maybe play with the Rancors.

I have no idea who you are or what faction you plan to get started. But you really shouldn't be so focused on "pissing in coffee". If you want to go major, have the writer base to support it, and have plans for a planet... you should talk about it like an adult. Not get mad because someone else wants to expand their border to cover the same area.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Captain Larraq said:
You are more than welcome to get your shotgun and go tell someone to get off your lawn. Other factions do things that I don't like. But unless it effects me directly or interferes with my roleplaying, it's none of my business. I had plans for Felucia. The Republic now owns the planet because of map convenience. I'll deal with it. I can either move my plans somewhere else, shelve my plans, or take Felucia from the Republic. Doesn't mean I want to restrict Republic writers in any way. It just means that I wanted to set up a few threads on the planet and maybe play with the Rancors.

I have no idea who you are or what faction you plan to get started. But you really shouldn't be so focused on "pissing in coffee". If you want to go major, have the writer base to support it, and have plans for a planet... you should talk about it like an adult. Not get mad because someone else wants to expand their border to cover the same area.
Firstly I'm not making any faction so that's incorrect.

Secondly. *grabs shotgun.* *gets glassed.*

There's a difference between having forlorn plans for something and not having a map to even plan on at all. Long story short, this is part of the reason I semi-quit. Good bye.

@[member="Særa Ayña Savan"] Large empires rise and fall. I remember recently that the Sith Empire was considered the strongest faction on the board, and now look at it. Entirely non-existent, and with a bunch of space for new factions to rise (unless the Pubs have their way). The Republic might be on its way down too, for all we know. Just wait and see what happens. The map will change A LOT by May 1st.

Særa Ayña Savan said:
Firstly I'm not making any faction so that's incorrect.

Secondly. *grabs shotgun.* *gets glassed.*

There's a difference between having forlorn plans for something and not having a map to even plan on at all. Long story short, this is part of the reason I semi-quit. Good bye.
...this is usually where I send someone from Staff or myself to silently try and cool tensions, but if you're getting that worked up over something we're lucky to even have, then I'll just wish you the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom